[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With a very high charisma can I go making other characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1489614544212.png (68KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1489614544212.png
68KB, 500x380px
With a very high charisma can I go making other characters kill themselves?
>>
Ask your GM.
>>
>>52455168
This guy is right, but as long as this is a thought experiment, I imagine it would take weeks of verbal abuse and manipulation, and be much darker than most people realize. Typically, charisma checks can't convince someone to do something they don't want to do, unless it sounds reasonable.
>>
>>52455763
This, it would be a process. You would have to figure out there week spot, and slowly apply pressure to it until you break there psyche.

Also this likely will involve actions outside of directly interacting with them. Make their lover cheat on them, lose their job/source of income, if possible disprove their fundamental belief system. In short, you slowly and methodically remove all joy from their life so that it is as horrible as you can imagine, then keep going.
>>
>>52455122
Suicide cults are a thing, you know.
>>
>>52455122
It should take some time and a lot of digging into their psyche, but I'd allow it. You should however >>52455168
>>
File: tDLQjxr.jpg (577KB, 880x2812px) Image search: [Google]
tDLQjxr.jpg
577KB, 880x2812px
>>52455122
>>52455168
>>52456028
See: Penguin
>>
File: bait-proof visor.jpg (345KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
bait-proof visor.jpg
345KB, 960x720px
>>52455122

If you mean as a one-shot non-magical mind-control, then no.

As part of extended manipulation then possibly, with other factors taken into account, but it's certainly going to need more than just "5 nat 20s, lol he kill himself rite? XD"
>>
>>52455122
I don't know about your group, but my GMs in the past have always had a rule that you can't roll charisma-related skills against other players - you have to actually try to convince them using words.

It's not a perfect system for the guy who wants to be charismatic but can only handle rolls, but it makes sense - you don't want the fucker with the most charisma to just be able to make the party do whatever he wants.
>>
A year or so back a woman in New Zealand was arrested if it was found she encouraged some dozen men she had been in online relationships with to take their own lives, though if I recall she was released as they couldn't figure out what to charge her with. In interviews she said she got off on it and had every intention of finding other emotionally vulnerable men to prey on, especially since she now knew they couldn't charge her.
>>
>>52455122
No. It would take charisma as great as the very God of Eloquence himself to do so, and no mortal would have so high a charisma. Now if you instead had epic ranks in diplomacy, the skill of talking to people and convincing them of your point of view? Maybe and it isnt going to be one roll.
>>
>>52455122
WHAT FUCKING WIKI-HOW ARTICLE IS THAT FROM?!
>>
>>52456191
>>52456212
This. People, by and large, don't just wake up and decide to commit suicide. Even with folks suffering from depression, suicide isn't anywhere close to the first symptom. Your smile should be making you put in actual work before you even get to the point of a charisma check
>>
>>52455122
Just cast "murderous command" all the time.
Will save negates. if they fail targetĀ“s forced to attack the nearest ally.
>>
File: 1488652201430.jpg (1012KB, 1920x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1488652201430.jpg
1012KB, 1920x2400px
>>52455122
I'd be disappointed if you didn't.

t. Exalted DM
>>
you just need to roll a 20 breh
>>
>>52456028
>there
>their

Ah, I see we have already begun, but I did not expect your technique to be so horrific.

Let me just go get my gun real quick
>>
>>52455122
Wow, nobody posted the answer yet? Happy Birthday /tg/. I'm disappointed in you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw
>>
>>52455122
Yes, but it might require months of brain washing depending of the emotional/psychological state of the target and its disposition toward you.

Charisma is not mind control.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.