[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/, I am about to play a class I have never played before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Hello /tg/, I am about to play a class I have never played before in all of my time playing D&D... Cleric. I am in 5e and I wanted to dual wield longswords as a war cleric, I understand how dumb this is, but I feel I should ask the experts for help on a semi-optimized build. Preferably either human or halfling. Am I just digging myself into a hole? Help?
>>> Pic of Glorious God Emperor of Mankind, because what else should I aspire to be as a cleric of war?
>>
Nice try, Frogposter.
>>
>>52447211
Huh? You mean Pepe? I just want advice on a D&D 5e build
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px)
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>52447305
I cast Discern Lie.
>>
>>52447103
>Start of at level 4. Play a variant human. Take war caster and the dual wielding feat.
>>
>>52447103
Even as a war cleric, your primary job is not hitting people with weapons, it's more of your side thing. Also, dual wielding is a trap - mainly because it takes your bonus action.

If you're adamant on being a religious type and dual wielding, you can go paladin.
>>
>>52447408
We are starting level 1, but I appreciate it.
>>
>>52447441
The problem with that is it just doesn't completely fit the idea, I want it all if I may say so. Full casting and the ability to wade into melee. I know I'm asking for much but, if I can find a way to make it viable I want to do just that.
>>
>>52447376
Did someone hurt you Anon? I've been gone from /tg/ for awhile now, so I'm not really up to date.
>>
>>52447509
Ah fuck, I've accused an innocent anon of frogposting on /tg/.
Apologies.
>>
>>52447528
Yes, it happens when you're a complete braindead fucking moron who shitposts about frogs out of habit.
You are the cancer you hate so much.
>>
>>52447441
>Even as a war cleric, your primary job is not hitting people with weapons

Anon have you ever played with a melee cleric?
>>
>>52447496
>I'' be a great wizard
>AND a great fighter too
Not in this edition, you won't be. Pick one.
>>
>>52447103
really no point in going for dual wield, you can divine strike only once per turn anyways, plus you'd need War caster and Dual wielding to get anything done. My weapon of choice for a DEUS VULT cleric would be a Maul or a Gretsword / -axe while being a mountain of plate and a bringer of divine pain
>>
>>52447573
Yes, I've played melee clerics twice. They're "melee" in name only. My weapon damage was a complete joke compared to every actual melee fighter in the party - including a monk.
Majority of my damage came from spirit guardians and spiritual weapon (both are spells). However, even despite that, my main role in the group was utility, not damage.
>>
>>52447586
I CAN DREAM DAMMIT
>>
>>52447528
What even is frogposting? I tried looking it up and I couldn't find anything. Sorry for my ignorance.
>>
>>52447935
People like you were the reason 3.5 sucked. Eat shit.
>>
>>52447954
Bladesinger is a thing in 5e for wizards, literal melee wizards. Y u haf 2 be mad, is only game.
>>
>>52447616
>I, a spellcaster with an archetype that improves their melee, was worse at melee than the melee-based martial classes.
What a surprise

>>52448210
>bladesinger wizards are as good with swords as fighters
Pick War Cleric or Paladin, or gtfo.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.