[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://magic.wizards.com/en/article s/archive/magic-story/im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 636138420089070842.jpg (101KB, 1139x712px) Image search: [Google]
636138420089070842.jpg
101KB, 1139x712px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/impact-2017-03-29

FUCKING JACE
AGAIN
I AM SO GODDAMN TIRED OF JACE
ISN'T HE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING HIS FUCKING JOB ON RAVNICA OR SOME SHIT
>>
>>52441168
Chandra was objectively worse than Jace this time. God, I wish Bolas would burn her to a crisp
>>
File: MTG_Sand_Wurm.jpg (84KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
MTG_Sand_Wurm.jpg
84KB, 850x850px
>>52441168
>Not even on the plane for a day and they have to be rescued by literal gods
I can't wait to see them get their unprepared asses handed to them by good ol' Nicky B.

Also, I'm digging all the wurm art in this chapter. I'm glad to see greens coolest signature creature type make a return.
>>
>HOLY FIERY RIVERS OF REGATHA WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT THING AND DID IT JUST EAT LILIANA NO WAY WHAT THE HELL DIE IN A PILLAR OF FLAME YOU BIG FAT STUPID WAIT DID NISSA JUST SAY THERE WERE MORE COMING OH GEEZ YUP THERE THEY ARE GET OUT OF THE WAY I'LL ROAST YOU ALL GIVE BACK LILIANA YOU STUPID SONS OF INBRED BANDARS—

What the fuck is this cringey shit.
>>
>>52441168
I think you mean Chandra.
>>
>>52442193
Wizards is hiring right out of high school creative writing classes these days.
>>
>>52442193

I had to check to see if this was actually in the story.

Fuck dude, I need to start writing for WotC if this is what they hire.
>>
>>52441168
>aspiring writer with severe lack of confidence in my writing
>see this shit
>this is official Magic: the Gathering story writing
>feel hope instilled within me

If this is the kind of shit they're willing to publish I might just have half a chance
>>
>>52442482
Not to burst your bubble, but I've got a reasonable hunch that these people find work through nepotism. It's apparently a big problem at WotC (and many other similar companies, if I were to hazard a guess). Regardless, I'd say you ought to keep writing.
>>
>>52442482

Go for it, dude. Follow your dreams. I worked with a real jackass who was a published author. I know that I can create better literature than he did.
>>
About the only good thing about that was that Liliana's canonical nickname for Gideon is "Beefslab".
>>
>>52442895
Is that a good thing?
>>
>>52443730
No. I'm tired of this White Male Shaming.
>>
>>52442895
>>52443826
When is Gideon going to fuck ____Koth?
>>
>>52443826
>I step forward and shape the still-liquid glass into a simple, crude dome. Just big enough to fit four regular-size people and one Gideon-size people.
Fucking Chandra bodyshaming /ourguy/
>>
>>52443885
They killed Espelth.
They made Bruna and Gisela an Eldrithc Horror.
Avacin no more.
Gideon is nothing but a beefslab and a comic relief.
Being White is suffering.
>>
File: Ugin_Spirit_Dragon.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Ugin_Spirit_Dragon.png
117KB, 223x311px
>>52443936
Hey, at least your color identity is represented by a planeswalker in the story consistently.

I'm a colorless guy. The last time we saw my boy Karn or Ugin was years ago.

The closest thing I got to representation in the last couple blocks was a bunch of fucking spaghetti monsters.
>>
>>52443993
And robots, robots are cool right?
>>
I'm hoping gideon gets a focus in this set, as it seems that they're going for an angle on "how are there gods here"

Also I'm liking amonket so far, the undeath curse is probably why mummification is a thing here, as it might be a way around the curse to some extent. Also, I think I know what the deal with the five trials might be- rather than "join the divine" as they say it is, Imma guess that the idea of the trials is to force planeswalker sparks to ignite- there is no prize at the end of the trials, as if you've gotten through the trials without sparking, you probably wont be a planeswalker so bolas might not have use for you.
>>
>>52441168
>being surprised Magic's plot is terrible
There hasn't been a likeable character or worthwhile plot introduced for a decade, shouldn't you be used to this by now?
>>
File: CaptainPlanet_Manateers.png (3MB, 1655x2211px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPlanet_Manateers.png
3MB, 1655x2211px
>>52441168
WHAT
A
TWIST
>>
>>52442193

At the start of the Kaladesh storyline, some fucker had the brilliant idea of representing Chandra's redmanaasfuck chaotic nature by having segements from her perspective be written stream of consciousness style.

The thing is, while technically a cool idea thats something takes take a lot of work and skill to make good. Skill and time that wizards lore writers don't have. So the result is usually cringey and hard to follow, or sometimes outright impossible to follow because we only get Chandra's reactions to what she is seeing, never a description of what is actually going on.

Unfortunately, like the 'Beefslab' meme (which, I swear to god, would be 200% better if they just fucking called him Meatslab instead), this seems to be something we are stuck with now. So I suspect it was a design decision enforced from the top down. Some idea some chucklefuck had in a meeting that got written on the whiteboard and now everyone has to follow it as the guideline for writing Chandra scenes.
>>
>>52441423
They're going to be white.
>>
hey i kinda left right around the time they fucked with innistrad, give me the rundown since avacyn got skewered?
>>
>>52445686
Not that guy but that would piss me off. I hate hydras as our iconic creature. Bring back wurms.
>>
>>52443884
ManlyxManly best pairing

Gideon/Koth/Garruk 3-way when
>>
>>52445662
I'd like it if she changed it each time like it was Mystery Science Theater or some shit.
>>
>>52446734
Avacyn dead. Sorin vs Nahiri .stalemate.both incapacitated. Gatewatch seals Emrakuul in Moon.Lili joins gatewatch

Gatewatch on Kaladesh. Story revolves around Chandra. Ajani shows up for reasons. Also Tezzeret doing some mad science stuff for interplanar gateway. Get ass kicked. Flees.

Gatewatch
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.