[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What system has the most realistic combat? Did 5th finally g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ACL-Cover-1.jpg (340KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
ACL-Cover-1.jpg
340KB, 970x545px
What system has the most realistic combat? Did 5th finally get it right?

https://youtu.be/hk9a9HoGluo
>>
>>52437756
Realism meme needs to die. Realism does not mean fun. If I wanted my escapism to be realistic, I would be working in my shitty hospital for shit pay.
>>
>>52437792

Anti-realism meme needs to die. Unrealistic does not mean fun. If I wanted my escapism to be unrealistic, I would ignore all the game rules and play freeform "teleports behind you and stabs you with a Swiss sabre" tier garbage.
>>
>>52437756

D&D does not, has never had and was never intended to have realistic combat.

>>52437792
>>52438259

'Realism' is a matter of preference. For some people, it's of great importance, other people do not give a flying fuck.

To answer OP's question, Riddle of Steel/Song of Swords and the various systems associated with it has seen a lot of praise for its detailed and authentic historical combat system.
>>
>>52437756
>What system has the most realistic combat?
Song of Swords

>Did 5th finally get it right?
If you mean 5E D&D, I love it, but it's not remotely realistic and very little changed from their core mechanic of "roll d20, add modifiers and try to beat AC".
>>
>>52437756
Song of Swords and GURPS are the only two I have experience with. Both are quite good for that. Song of Swords is a little easier to wrap your head around at first, but GURPS is one of those things with such a high learning curve that you constantly feel like you're struggling until that final moment you truly see. Once you hit that point you're golden and GURPS is better.

I suggest SoS though. Because that golden moment took me four years.
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>52437756

GURPS
>>
>>52437756
Possibility 1: You are trying to start yet another D&D edition argument, but you are too retarded to choose a topic that can be realistically discussed in light of a D&d edition

Possibility 2: you really started a thread about realistic combat genuinely thinking that 5ed D&D would have been a good example - thus, you are retarded
>>
>>52438956
Always assume ignorance before malice. Thus, Option 2. He is retarded.
>>
>>52438979
That is actually a fair point.
>>
>>52437756
How the fuck was Phoenix Command not the first reply?
>>
D&D never had realistic combat. Even leaving magic aside, the inspiration for early D&D fights and HP was swashbuckling movies where two people fence for some time and then one of them suddenly falls dead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.