[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine/Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 63

File: 1432581650332.jpg (143KB, 890x687px) Image search: [Google]
1432581650332.jpg
143KB, 890x687px
SR 2017 Rumors!
Old Thread: >>52371552
Mk3 list building:http://conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat:https://discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
http://textuploader<dot> com / da46m
PP Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme%20Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs DED

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html
>>
File: 1476719427613.jpg (135KB, 1024x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1476719427613.jpg
135KB, 1024x1120px
>>52423392
Let's talk SR 17!
One scenario at Adepticon:
the zones and flag placement are
Zone is 6" in 15" up
Flags are 12" in 18" up
Circle is direct middle
You must score 6 or more control points than your opponent to win.
If a model can be in more than one zone/flag it can score more than once.
Anything can contest a zone or flag minus the caster/lock.
Rectangle zones can be controlled by Beast, Jacks and Battle engines.
Circular zones are controlled by warrior models.
Flag are controlled by locks/casters.
No more dominating zones or flags.
Units at half strength or less can now control a zone.
After 4th round you roll for end of game and 4+ it ends the game.
>>
So what do you guys think are the odds of PP ever making rules for making your own warlock/caster?
>>
>>52423565
Virtually nil
>>
>>52423565
Never
>>
>>52423565
I could see it in a separate format.
>>
>>52423565
I don't think this game is really designed for it
This isn't 40k
>>
>>52423565

Very unlikely. There's already enough variables to deal with, so adding a build your own caster would just muck things up further.

Probably the closest thing they could reasonably do would be to release a generic warnoun with fixed rules and include some extra bits so you could customize them.
>>
Anyone got rules or thoughts on extreme colossal wrestling?
>>
>>52423565
Not for the tabletop. RPG already has that.
>>
Any rumours about Morghoul3?
>>
looking for a photo of a Carnivean converted from the new Proteus resculpt
>>
So I'm looking at getting into warmahordes and picking up some circle orboros. I have some questions before I really jump in:
1. How are circle in the meta right now? I've heard bad things about hordes right now and cygnar running roughshod over the game but how bad is it really? Am I staring down 40k Orks tier or is it at least manageable?
2. Is the new battlegroup worth picking up?
3. Are the command books worth picking up or should I just use the cards that come with the models?
>>
>>52425781
Welcome to the game and on to your questions:

1) Circle is good. Aside from a few choices everything is viable and will only become more so with the proposed changes to the Battle Engine that might unlock Mohsar. Circle was crutching hard on Wormwood at the start of the edition but that is no longer necesary (though he's probably still the best answer to hard gunlines). And to relieve your fear, absolutely nothing in this game is as terribly balanced as 40k. To add to that, experience and tactical expertise trump strong lists 10 times out of 10. In turn that means, you will lose early on and you will lose a lot. if you enjoy learning from your mistakes and slowly unlocking a strategic puzzle, this is the game for you. This requires effort though and without it you will have a bad time.

2) Sure. Tannith is really good, the Pureblood is a staple, the Gorax is one of two models that grant you the valuable animus 'Primal'. I'm not sure about the Wild Argus. As a warning though: The battle box (and any soft resin models by PP) requires a lot of cleaning before you can start painting.

3) Screw the books. Fluff is in the Skull Island Expeditions novels, rules are on the cards or Warroom (and soon online for free) and you can find plenty guidance on painting online.
>>
>>52425781
The first thing I'd tell you as a new player is to ignore the bigger meta and what people talk about being competitive.

Well, not entirely, it's good to ask about what models are good and what aren't, because Warmahorde's internal faction balance tends to be really, really bad. But every faction can win, player skill is a huge, huge factor in this game. So when people are talking about top tier shit, keep in mind that there's a lot of hidden assumptions about your skill at the game behind those.

But in general, models tend to fall into a couple sets

1. Auto include. For Circle, the best example of this would be Sentry Stones

2. Generally useful. Models and units that just about everyone can use well

3. Selectively useful. Warmahordes is a synergy based game, and because of that there is stuff that will be great in some lists but terrible in others

4. Generally bad. Models that are considered to not have a role in any but the most specific situations.
>>
How viable is the Cygnar army box list? The one with Kara and a bunch of trenchers. Doesn't need to be tournament worthy or anything but while I'm learning the game I want to have a chance at winning.
>>
>>52425781
1. Circle are really good. Warmachine dominance is a meme spewed by butthurt players who are mad that warjacks can now compete with warbeasts.

2. Yes. Tanny's a solid caster, the Pureblood is one of the staple offensive warbeasts of Circle, and the Gorax is super useful for its animus.

3. I like the command book, but, eh, if you want to read it for the fluff it's in the OP of this thread.
>>
>>52426152
It's viable. But if you want to learn the game you should not play Sloan as she is 100% braindead.
>>
>>52423565
IKRPG.

Outside of that, zero. Warmahordes simply isn't that kind of game.
>>
>>52426295
Well, that's not exactly true.

Sloan is braindead in the sense of higher level tactics, but she's pretty damn good at teaching warcaster placement and protection.
>>
>>52426569
She's also really good at cutting games short and making them incredibly polarizing. Either you win T2 or you lose T3.
>>
>>52426152
Viable, certainly.

I wouldn't recommend starting the game with Kara Sloan if you're, like many people, picking up the game with a group of friends. Games with Kara tend to be short and seriously unfun for whichever side loses. It's hard to deal with her if you're new to the game.
>>
File: 1488773074693.png (42KB, 246x265px) Image search: [Google]
1488773074693.png
42KB, 246x265px
>>52426569
>>52426628
>push lone Charger out of the way and charge melee bruisers across the otherwise empty flank and onto Kara, now engaged and at half health
>Cygnar player pops feat and guns down all three jacks covering my caster and ends them with max damage on the Stormwall's last two shots
>>
>>52426672
All of my friends play 40k @ a games workshop and so I'd ditch them and go to another hobby store. Probably wouldn't make more friends with a Sloan list is what I'm reading though.
>>
>>52423395
I played it 3 times. My group and I like it a lot, although it definitely changes the game. Journeymen were an advantage so you could hold your side's rectangle with a jack while your caster held your flag. Also ambushing was a huge deal in that mission.
>>
I'm looking to start playing warmachine, because it's the only thing that seems to have any staying power at the local club. I've already got a passing familiarity with the rules from sitting in on games, but I'm not sure who to start with. I'd say Cryx/Khador are tied for first with Cygnar a distant second. Any recommendations?
>>
>>52427459

I'd recommend a different game store where people play better games desu
>>
>>52427609

I live in a remote town in the arctic. There is one LGS. They stock a whole slew of things, but the only event they run is friday night magic.

There is only one gaming club too. We were in the middle of campaigns for Firestorm Armada and Mercs when Warmahordes took off and killed both of them. If I want to get regular games in, it's pretty much Warmahordes or get maybe one or two games of something else a month.

So Cryx/Khador/Cygnar Anon?
>>
>>52427459
Well if you like Khador you can't go wrong with the Khador battle box. Then play a few games and see where you want to go from there.
>>
What game are you moving to now that PP are trying to ruin this one?
>>
>>52427725
Guild Ball!
>>
>>52427725
infinity hopefully

But it requires the guys to actually want to play instead of just being dead
>>
>>52427725
The meme game where I shitpost in other games' threads to compensate my own butthurt.

Oh wait. That's you.
>>
>>52424635
I think the only thing out of Morghoul3 has been the shitstorm about his titty skorne unit.

From his sales blurb it sounds like he has mirage.
>>
>>52428339
Cool thing is that he's basically the most powerful man in the empire now. Paingivers control all beasts and slaves in the empire, and since Morghoul controls all Paingivers, Morghoul controls the empire. This is perfectly fine since his allegiance is to the Skorne ideal. It's like a competent man finally wormed his way into power.
>>
>>52428492
It's interesting from Makeda's perspective. Morghoul might not be loyal to her personally but he is loyal to the Skorne empire. Putting him in charge of this house undermines people like Rasheth who is surely a thorn in her side. But on the other hand she just concentrated a large amount of the might of the Skorne empire into a single person whose heir might not be as sympathetic to her cause.
>>
>>52428533
>Morghoul
>Heir
Closest he'll get is his prodigy, Xekaar.
>>
>>52423565
Extremely unlikely we'll see custom warcasters. The closest that was even conceptual was in late Mk2 where there was some talk about how the new edition might scrap epic versions of characters in favor of a Malifaux-style upgrade system for casters. Like instead of having three different versions of Stryker, you'd have one, but with the option to buy "On A Horse" or "Angry Rage Armor" or whatever. But they would have still been characters from the fluff.

Worth noting that, for casual games, you can use the IKRPG rules to build a reasonably-balanced facsimile of a warcaster. Someone on the forums a while back worked out how many levels you'd need to make a typical warcaster, 4 pt solo, 6 pt solo, etc.
>>
>>52428339
Anon, this is Skorne. In this empire, you gotta rack up a bodycount first.

Then when you get the bodycount, you get the Power.

Then when you get the power, THEN you get the Women.
>>
Saw one of the old regulars at my store last night playing 40k. I told him I didn't know he played 40k and he told me "what's the point of playing warmachine when everything is gonna change in SR2017 and nothing I do now can be tournament practice. There's no point in playing Warmachine if it's not for tournaments."

What happened /tg/? How did we get to the point where people are stating matter-of-factly that the game only matters if it's a tournament? This is the same store where people have told me that playing Warmachine cause I like the fluff and models is "doing it wrong". I don't think PP did this, did they? Was it the podcasts or something? I'm just ducking shocked that it's come to this.
>>
>>52428689
He's an idiot. SR2017 is not even in CID.
>>
>>52428689
In the last few years all traditional games have been invaded by people trying to "solve" them. Magic has been hit pretty hard by it too. One thing I'll say about Warmachine though is that some matchups are so fucking awful that not even playing for fluff can compensate. Mordikaar v Karchev will never be a fun match no matter how much fluff there is.
>>
Which model should i assemble tonight, Scaverous or Venethrax?
>>
>>52428788
Scaverous. He kicks ass.
>>
>tfw building Praetorian Swordsmen
Did anyone actually use Swoosemen before the big Skorne errata? Looking at their Mk2 card, they were garbage who just clogged the board up in a much worse way than Nihilators. Then at the start of Mk3 they increased their posts cost but didn't actually make them any better apart from their RNG going from 0.5 to 1. I just don't see why anyone would use them without MAT7 and mini feat WM. Just like holy shit man, MAT6 on your faction's bread and butter melee infantry, in a melee focused faction?
>>
>>52428689
Warmachine is old now, the casuals have moved onto other games. The people play warmachine for the competitive nature.
>>
>>52428827
What are the casually played games?
>>
>>52428827
What does that even mean? There are dozens of games older than warmachine that people play casually. What does age age have to do with it?
>>
>>52429030
Warmachines core market is competitive players unlike say 40k which is entirely based on casual players. After about 10 years competitive games fall away unless their entire deal is a constant rerolling of their stuff (i.e. Magic)
>>
>>52429142
>40k
>Entirely casual

Are you sure about that?
>>
>>52429167
40k's balance is based on casuals. You can play a casual game competitively but that doesn't make it a competitive game.
>>
>>52429194
I'm just trying to find out what the criteria for a competitive game is. It can't be balance because PP is as atrociously bad at it as most other miniatures games.

Speaking of which, what's the odds that the Grymkin will be any good? I've got my fingers crossed but I'm not very optimistic.
>>
>>52429228
Ah the dedicated troll is back. You can even read the Grymkin rules whenever the fuck you want. So why don't you go do that instead?
>>
>>52427725

I don't know...

At the ripe old gamer age of 30 I've played and collected dozens of wargames, never kept any of them. Always moved onto bigger and better games.

Warmachine was the last game I had interest in. They have dumbed the game down to the point where I have no interest in it.

I don't know where to go from here. I sit and wait for things to get better i guess?

Maybe some day I can field all 60 of my doom reavers or field my triple colossal list again.
>>
>>52429228
>I'm just trying to find out what the criteria for a competitive game is
Steamroller rules and lots of tournaments, that's it.
Literally anything can be competitive provided you give people a framework to organize tournaments around and encourage said tournaments.

Balance as you said has nothing to do with it. In fact a significant number of competitive players love doing imbalanced shit.

Attach clock to 40k, streamline rules by removing too complex and rng shit, get rid of some time bloats like rolling buckets of dice and you'll get a passable tournament game.
>>
>>52429277
How have they dumbed it down? Did you frequently use headlocks in games? The game feels a lot more like chess to me now. I know what my opponent's stuff does and what it can reach, and it's my job to position myself around it while bearing things like objectives and assassinations in mind. I can trade pieces, their value goes up and down depending on the situation (Orin protecting my caster etc.). It doesn't feel dumbed down at all to me.
>>
>>52429277
I wouldn't hold too much hope out for either of those things. If that's what you're hoping for it's probably best to take a break. If they do make a Doom Reaver theme it'll probably discount their UA and the only current faction that can triple colossal that I know of is Ret (and neither caster who can do it particularly wants to).
>>
>>52429292
Makes sense. So it has more to do with a company laying down infrastructure for actually playing the game in an organized fashion than anything inherent in the game itself?
>>
>>52429303
>How have they dumbed it down?
Don't bother. He obviously hasn't played it yet. It's what all of the theory-only fags say.
>>
>>52429383
Maybe you should try thinking for yourself. The rules have to be clear (no/very little room for discussion), fast and balanced. 40k has none of these properties and warma/hordes at least had them.
GW is trying to this right now with the rework of necromunda and the fantasy arena skirmish. They explicitly state to design them with competitive play in mind.
>>
>>52429303
>How have they dumbed it down?
>I know what my opponent's stuff does >and what it can reach

You didnt understand that stuff before because the game was difficult and had plenty of non linear and unexpected threats. They pruned things like double teleporting, ball busting feats, and other interactions for a casual audience.

There are small things too in all the casters

For expample Sorscha1 with out spell support could be incredibly difficult to play, often you end up relying on the feat for a caster kill from down town. After a while of using her you began to understand her strengths and weaknesses, you understood the value in a support piece like silly will.

In mk3 they said fuck it, why not reliably let her do it all on her own if you want to play it safe, or be able to freeze multiple units, and if you cant use her feat correctly because your a sloppy player you can just double cast perhaps one of the most powerful spells in thr gamr on feat turn just to be sure.
>>
>>52429464
>Asking for different points of view means you can't think for yourself

Okay
>>
Anybody toss up a No Quarter 71 link yet?
>>
>>52429469
>Making the game more balanced is dumbing it down
Yeah I'm sure Banez and Legion feat bullshit was all well and good for those Skorne and Minions players who had to settle for being stomped every game. If only we could go back to those days eh, fellow Cryx player?
>>
>>52429469
>they balanced my OP shit so the game is dumbed down
Boo. Hoo. It's better than ever. We will not mourn your loss faggot. Now fuck off.
>>
>>52429469
>Talkin bout complexity
>Uses MK2 battlebox caster as example
>>
>>52429592

Strawman argument
>>
>>52429794
strawman response
>>
File: 1489337490725.gif (73KB, 129x150px) Image search: [Google]
1489337490725.gif
73KB, 129x150px
I seriously don't understand the mk3 hate.
Do you guys seriously think Haley double wall, gaspy2, bradigus, calandra, and a bunch of other cheesy lists were fun to play against?

I've played mercs since mid mk2 and the only way we could be competitive were these cheesy lists that relied on our colossal.
Sure I spent a few bucks into models I'll never use again but the lists I can field now are much more interesting than stacking a bunch of buff models, shoot and go.
>>
>>52429938

I think if you removed

a) People who went full-tilt pay-to-win in Mk2, building overpowered stuff specifically to win games to feed their tiny egos and now have to either do that again with the new FotMs or actually lose games

and

b) trolls

More than 90% of the Mk3 bitching would go away.

I mean, I've got a friend that when I was showing him the game in Mk2, before looking at rules and just flipping through pictures, pointed at Gaspy2 and said "Him. He looks awesome, I want to play him", did so, and was bummed at Mk3, but he still plays Gaspy2 because he's fun and still awesome-looking. And I've seen people walk out of the LGS with a dozen Mad Dogs and then tilt when they got nerfed.
>>
>>52429979
You're building a nice strawman there.

If someone plays competitively and his objective is to play the best possible list against other people playing the best possible lists it's not that they have a small dick. It's that they're actual men who enjoy competing with each other instead of little girls wanting mummy cuddling with their crappy lists.

The world would be a better place if more people tried to be competitive at what they did instead of jerking off in a corner over how much better they are then the people who enjoy the game on a deeper level than they do.
>>
>>52430065
Then stop crying when your toys get balanced.
>>
>>52429938
A lot of it is probably due to PP's shifty, rather deceptive behavior around the time of Mk3's release. The new edition is, on the whole, probably an improvement, but the actual release was a complete shambles and PP didn't help their case by pushing the "everything is fine, we playtested for three years, it's working as intended" angle and antagonising people who felt their factions had been left floundering with the #designspace memes.
>>
>>52430065
>You're building a nice strawman there.

It's an ad hominem, you ignorant fuckwaffle. I literally said the people complaining were either trolls or ego-feeding assholes, that's not a strawman, that's poisoning the well. Learn your fucking logical fallacies before making yourself look stupid.

If I had said "what people are really complaining about is X, and X is wrong", *that's* a strawman. No, I'm directly attacking the complainers, which is an ad hominem, and specifically poisoning the well because I'm attributing qualities to them (trolls and ego-feeding assholes), saying you shouldn't listen because of those properties while largely ignoring their arguments.

>If someone plays competitively and his objective is to play the best possible list against other people playing the best possible lists it's not that they have a small dick. It's that they're actual men who enjoy competing with each other instead of little girls wanting mummy cuddling with their crappy lists.

Yeah, and most of the people I know who play like that adapted and play new competitive shit. It was the win-to-feel-better-about-themselves people who tilted -- in my experience at least.
>>
Well this is just an anecdote but still.
Well my local games club used to be majority warmahordes players but now everyone has moved on to other systems except like 1 guy and the 2 people who occasionally play him. I didn't start playing until very recently but from what I've seen nearly everyone has had more than half their models made useless, not balanced but useless. The overall faction designs seem "better" but to get into that "better" space you have to shell out for a collection of models you wouldnt have because they sucked in mk2. Like i saw a guy who felt so betrayed he actually went back to 40k saying GW takes your money in greedy ways but PP had done worse than anything GW was capable of. Anyway that's what I've seen don't know if it relates to the overall or not.
>>
So, odds on a dynamic errata today?
>>
>>52430315
Wat? Why?
>>
Where's our Friendly Cryxian Pirate with the No Quarter?
>>
>>52430322
Storm Lances are gonna get Maddogged.
>>
>>52430337
Do you have anything to back that up?
>>
>>52430350
My desperate, fervent hopes?
>>
>>52430257
>Saying people only play competitive lists because it strokes their ego to get easy wins isn't a strawman

HAHAHAHA. Is it any wonder Warmachine is dying when this is what the community thinks?
>>
>>52430385
>implying implications
We're far better off without asshurt faggots like you. Now go pick a different thread to shitpost in. Or hell, maybe even play that amazing new game you switched to.
>>
>>52430385
Warnachine is dying because most of its model range is still metal and nobody likes metal models. Or at least that's what i tell myself when i get fed up with dealing with bullshit metal models.
>>
>>52430375
Out of curiosity, what faction do you play? Because I play Skorne and Lances were never really an issue. On the other hand pre-nerf Una2 is something I was glad to have dodged.
>>
>>52430385
Ok, fuckwaffle, back to the lesson about logical fallacies.

I never said that people only play competitive lists to stroke their ego.

I said that the people *complaining* are mostly people that play competitive lists to stroke their ego, which as I've already pointed out is ad hominem/poisoning the well.

Misrepresenting my argument and attacking it, though -- *is* a strawman.
>>
>>52430322
Rumors about incoming Storm Lance nerf in last thread.

Perusing the rules forum this morning I noticed a few notes from infernals about how wording is going to change in the next errata.

PP prefers to drop errata on Wednesdays.
>>
>>52430472
>a) People who went full-tilt pay-to-win in Mk2, building overpowered stuff specifically to win games to feed their tiny egos and now have to either do that again with the new FotMs or actually lose games

Go back to your Sargon videos with your fallacies.jpg arguments.

>>52430425
A lot of people prefer metal models. If I recall Infinity is all metal and yet is growing fast.
>>
>>52427459

Ignore the trolls, wmhg is on-again-off-again infested with them for some reason.

What's your preferred playstyle?
or
What faction pleases you more aesthetically? Undead zombie pirate liches or steampunk unscrupulous Russians?

Khador is a little bit more straightforward to play (not to say that they're without tricks), and Cryx has a little bit of a learning curve if you want to git gud. Their casters are generally good to really good, but a bit lacking in the troop and guns department.
>>
>>52430521
Read the entire post, fuckwaffle. I never said all people who play competitively are ego-strokers, just that ego-strokers and trolls make up 80% of the complaints about Mk3.
>>
>>52430521
Seriously? How! Its so much harder to work with/convert, they scratch, they weigh more, They always have less detail and assembly is a bitch.
What is the upside?
>>
>>52430564
They weigh more is an upside. They're not less detailed. They tend to be easier to build (not having 15 million plastic parts for muh unique smass mareen). They don't scratch at all unless you're throwing them around.

It's like the new generation never learned with anything but GW plastics and can't work with metal, which is a nicer material to work with overall IMO.
>>
Apart from Idrians, what's the best infantry to bring along with Feora2? I've used an unit of daughters (pretty content with their performance) and a min unit of Exemplar Errants (not really convinced here).

Should I consider Cleansers to try to light more things on fire or just screw it and go with more jacks (we're playing 50 pts currently and I've often just brought 2 heavies and 2 lights).
>>
>>52430494
I don't trust the rumors posted here. In fact there are almost no reliable rumor sources online for WMH.
>>
>>52430288

Anecdotes =/= evidence. Best way to check it out is playing and comparing some MK2 cards I guess.

PP has had a case of doublenerfs to things they think need fixing. They seem to have gotten better at that (see Una2 dynamic update) very recently (so I hope they avoid the double/triple nerfs in the future). So in the transition some slightly or batshit OP shit got downgraded (bane thralls seem to be the worst offender), other underperforming models were buffed.

A lot of units that were autoincludes in MK2 aren't autoinclude anymore, choice seems to have been broadened and the autoincludes of yesteryear are still viable choices in most cases as I see it (big exception: bane riders).

The betrayal that that guy felt => he was probably already looking to quit WMH if he felt that bad. I would take it with a giant bag of salt. Do some testgames and find out for yourself if it's worse or better.

Other than that.... things change I guess. I think things got way better in the transition, despite/thanks to the redesigning of a lot of units. Couldn't be happier that Stormblade Infantry is playable, as are Praetorian Ferox and MoW shocktroops and actual viable choices to consider.

One of the only things I think sticks out atm are storm lances.
>>
>>52430623
The problem is that most metal kits from Warmahorde I have put together (or seen friends do it) have way worse sculpts. Especially the old jack models are small and lumpy. My friend has a metal Stormclad and just got a plastic Reliant kit. The Reliant is straight up larger and looks way better than the Stormclad. Heck, for some reason the light jack Thorn is as big as the Stormclad (even though he is also metal. A newe r sculpt I guess?)
>>
>>52430669
That's just because some of those models were created in the first days of PPs existance. Their modern metal models are pretty good.
>>
>>52430626

If you want to go all 'jack all the time-route, pick zealots to run interference. If you're looking for a unit to do work: vengers.

Sunburst artillery and cleansers can help you get your feat lit up. Be wary of trolls though, the stone can make their shit immune to continuous effects
>>
File: IMG_20170329_182250.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_182250.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Does /tg/ like Harkevich?
>>
>>52430761
He almost got me into Khador. Almost.
>>
File: IMG_20170329_182259.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_182259.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52430761
>>
>>52430623
For transportation and basing that weight puts them off balance a lot more easily. Most of the plastic kits I've had have less parts than the metal ones i just got and I'm a fucking Malifaux player! Though the steam trunk still haunts my nightmares. Even if you throw plastic miniatures around the paint doesn't scratch.
>>52430669
>>52430691
I don't have anything like that i have mostly pretty modern ones. The old sculpts are bad but i don't think thats a detail issue like i am talking about.
>>
File: IMG_20170329_182331.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_182331.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52430784
>>
>>52430728
Why zealots over Temple Flameguard if I just want some jamming and interference? TFG is cheaper, too.
I think I'll proxy one Sunburst for the next game though, seems like there's no way around that to set up the feat. A Redeemer with Firestarter works alright, but it's just so awkward to spend focus to make focus
>>
File: IMG_20170329_182350.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_182350.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>52430803
>>
File: IMG_20170329_182311.jpg (2MB, 1836x2520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_182311.jpg
2MB, 1836x2520px
>>52430822
>>
>>52430822
Is Orin the fucking Avatar?
>>
>>52430801
>metal is easier off-balance
I mostly notice this with flagbearers or other models that have off-balance poses. Jacks seem fine though

>details
On solos and other small dudes I think there still a lot of nice details (for example the cloaks of Paladins of the Order of the Wall have some amazing structure in their cloaks). On bigger models there don't seem to be as much though
>>
File: IMG_20170329_183755.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_183755.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>52430844
Haha, yeah. Since my Khador are very close to the studio scheme, I like to make my mercs into soft-references.
>>
>>52430920
I'm not saying they lack detail, just that comparatively they lack detail. Its not too bad with skeletons and robots but metal faces, flesh, hair, cloth etc look terrible.
>>
File: Impaler plastic.gif (56KB, 325x353px) Image search: [Google]
Impaler plastic.gif
56KB, 325x353px
How to make the impaler worth it's cost?
Give it assault? Reload (1)?
>>
File: 1471903389613.jpg (757KB, 689x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1471903389613.jpg
757KB, 689x1020px
Can someone help a retard find the theme forces in War Room? I legit think I'm brain damaged.
>>
>>52430669
PP restyled their stuff when they went to plastic. I prefer the older style as I don't like how WoW the new stuff looks. The tiny legs on Khador jacks is just insultingly ugly to me.

>>52430801
Weight isn't an issue when carrying unless you have a huge case and carry everything you could possibly use. Most people I know take their two lists or whatever list they fancy playing.

I don't know what metal models your building but I've had Malifaux gremlings with 2 part faces and with 5+ leaves to attach. Are you sure you're building the same Malifaux models as me?

>>52430991
You're likely comparing old sculpts. I actually find plastics to have softer detail and be less detailed personally.
>>
>>52431359
>I prefer the older style as I don't like how WoW the new stuff looks. The tiny legs on Khador jacks is just insultingly ugly to me.
But the older models look like they have even smaller legs, just by looking at pictures.
>>
File: Venethrax.png (1002KB, 563x830px) Image search: [Google]
Venethrax.png
1002KB, 563x830px
>>52428796
>Scaverous
I'm sorry i did Venethrax instead. I hope this picture will make you forgive me. I kind of did a rush job on this and I think i might have to use a file on some parts later but still its playable! Sort of its not actually glued to that base.
>>52431359
Are you talking about PP plastics or plastics in general?
>>
>>52431437
Older jacks the torso was like 50% of the model, on newer jacks they're like 70%. There's a complete shift in scale and portions.
>>
>>52431299
you serious bruh?
when you're making a list in warroom, to the right of the faction icon on the top there's a giant fucking "T"
>>
File: laugh.gif (3MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3MB, 267x200px
>>52431473
>those fucking clown shoes
>>
>>52431631
Thanks fampai, time to off myself for the good of the species.
>>
>>52431658
They're not Clown Shoes, the poster just hasn't clipped the metal from in between Venny's foot claws.
>>
>>52431692
Are you sure he's not supposed to be a duck
>>
>>52431658
I said it was a rush job damn it!
>>52431692
Google the bastard, nobody but PP does! Like half the pictures i saw just left them like that or tried to hide it during basing. I could always fill in the spots between his toe claws with sand or something at that stage.
>>
>>52429938
I play Khador and bought ton of stuff in mk2 that didn't see play then like jacks and mows. I love mk3.

I notice that the main problem with mk3 is that literally everyone were forced to change lists by buying new models. Even the factions that got upgrades still needed to get new key models to compete.
>>
File: 1460769996875.jpg (10KB, 117x129px) Image search: [Google]
1460769996875.jpg
10KB, 117x129px
>>52431706
Why would you rather he have shitty duck feet than badass claws?
Just get the clippers and a file and spend 2 minutes making your mini not look like shit dude
>>
>>52431706
I do, on the models that have those feet, because I hate how the scare metal foot tabs look on them. My Fyanna2 took a while on the toes but looks much better for the effort. Either an xacto knife and a lot of patience or a set of fine metal clippers should do the trick.
>>
>>52431856
That should be "Square metal."
>>
Speaking of Cryx, apparently Cryx won a four-round tournament in Australia, playing both of the following lists twice.

Skarre the 2nd
-kraken
-deathripper
wraith engine
wraith engine
Revenant crew min +3x riflemen
Machine wraith x2
Necrotech
Warwitch siren
Raider captain

Scaverous (infernal machine theme)
-deathjack
-deathripper
-withershadow
Aiakos
-seether
Iron Lich Overseer (free)
-seether
Warwitch siren x2
Machine wraith
mech thralls min +3x brutes
mech thralls min +3x brutes
>>
What changes have happend to the protectorate since mk3 fluff wise?
>>
>>52431930
They're about to launch a new crusade into Alchiere (Immoren's subcontinent) and are probably about to have Severius die and the civil war that will inevitably follow. Check out the SIX book Godless cover. Tristan is cradling Sevvie's presumably dead body.
>>
>>52431818
Now its a thing and i gain pleasure from your suffering. I will paint him in bright yellow and orange. I'm not planning to paint him for a while and during construction i did notice some things i missed and should file/clip. For the moment i am afraid until i have completed my other models in my backlog he shall remain Veneduck.
>>52431895
Does this infernal machine thing mean its viable to ignore satyxis?
>>
>>52431984
What is even living/ present down there that they need to do that?
>>
>>52432098
AFAIK some human or humanish groups. Thagrosh also sent Kallus2 down there to make a new holding for Everblight. It's in the new Command Book.
>>
>>52432098
Madrak's United Kriels migrated down there after Barnabas Ascended and The Wurm was summoned on there home in the bloodstone desert.
>>
Any news on the next ikrpg book? I am waiting for the ios, cryx, and rhul setting book
>>
>>52432262
>after Barnabas Ascended
Speaking of which, do we know what happened with him?
>>
>>52432302
nope
>>
>>52432302
>>52432309
But boy do we know a lot about Cygnar
>>
>>52432302
According to the Circle Command Book Barnabus successfully became a god of slaughter similar to one of Orboros' manifestations on Caen like Wurmwood.
>>
>>52432267
After the skorne book came out, some of the PP members who frequent the sub forums said they were probably going to do more books like that and less like GNK, since the smaller books are cheaper and easier for both the customers and PP.
>>
>>52432612
And yet they haven't done either thing.
>>
>trolls call the game dead
>sales statistics come out
>second best selling wargame only to 40K
Trolls btfo. Also, why are there rumours that PP is doing poorly financially? With almost as much sales as gw at probably half the cost because they don't maintain brick and mortar stores and have probably a third of the office workers I cant see how they could flop.
>>
>>52432876
its cause said trolls want pp to fail cause they are butt hurt on a massive level. Same thing happens every edition change no matter the product.
>>
>>52424285
waste of time
>>
What are your guys wishlist casters?

For cygnar I want to see another gunmage caster, along with an Arcanist caster from the fraternal order of wizardry. I really want him to have a wizard hat.
>>
>>52433621
Old Witch 4 and hopefully she finally wouldn't suck.
>>
>>52429938
>I seriously don't understand the mk3 hate.
>Do you guys seriously think Haley double wall, gaspy2, bradigus, calandra, and a bunch of other cheesy lists were fun to play against?

Yes, the only really bad game play experience I ever had was against legion. A couple of their casters really weren't any fun in a you might as well let them play points up on you and give them an extra turn sort of way.
>>
>>52432876
So, there are reasons PP could be doing bad financially despite the public numbers. While their overhead is almost guaranteed to be lower, we don't know how much profit margin their stuff actually is for them, we don't know how much the MK3 stuff cost in development (especially since they had to do Skorne again), and we don't know how they've been doing personnel wise. We've heard some stuff about no christmas bonuses and/or no pay increases which are hard to verify and just as hard to disprove. All in all, due to the negative reaction to Mk 3's launch I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have as good a year as they were expecting. Sort of like how a AAA video game or movie can make millions of dollars but still be a commercial flop simply because it didn't make oodles of dollars.
>>
File: 1461899988837.jpg (148KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1461899988837.jpg
148KB, 1111x597px
>>52423565
>implying Matt Wilson will ever let you play with something other than his mary sues
>>
>>52430761

This list looks boring as fuck
>>
>>52433769
As opposed to your mary sue?
>>
>>52433621
>What are your guys wishlist casters?
Mordikaar, the Reborn
>>
>>52431473
Missing his bag of terminal velocity.
>>
>>52431189
Maybe replace crit smite with thunderbolt and give him rat 6
>>
File: IMG_20170329_205202708.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_205202708.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
Rate my backlog, /tg/.
>>
>>52433637
There's still like, 2-3 weeks of CID left, man.

If you don't like OW2 or 3, sign up and start talking about why you think she's bad, with suggestions to fix her.
>>
>>52434258
You are one fortunate person. I wish I could reduce my backlog to that.
>>
>>52434307
I only got these in the last couple of days, they're not really a backlog I just wanted to post them
>>
>>52433696
>skorne errata was supposedly costly
>the resident autist could do the same in a week for a con exclusive
>>
>>52434402
Yeah, a lot of the Skorne errata was "well duh" shit.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>52429494

This is /tg/, people tend to be overzealous about "their game" around here. To be frank, its mostly just a bunch of fanboys trying to prove their opinion is more right than others, not realizing its all based on personal perspective.

See, what I find "good" about a game, doesn't necessarily counts as good in another anons eyes. Now, Im not an autistic kid, and can understand this logic. But as I said, this is /tg/...
>>
>>52434307
I'm tempted to haul my backlog out of its 12 gallon bin and post pics to shame myself into further action.
>>
>>52434278
New CID up, and changes are live in Conflict Chamber.

OW2 and 3 both got buffed. SPD from 5 -> 6, range on Carrion Crows from 10 -> 12.
>>
>(Makeda 1) Archdomina Makeda [+29]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Molik Karn [19]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Feralgeist [2]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Venator Slingers (max) [13]

>(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Agonizer [6]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Cyclops Brute [8]
- Mammoth [38]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Praetorian Karax (max) [11]

And here's what I'm taking (>>52434258) to a Steamroller this weekend. Only 50% needs to be painted so I can just slam my new units onto the table so long as they have arcs painted. I feel as though there's no real critique of my lists at this point they've been revised so much.
>>
>>52434278
>Implying CID is working shit...

>>52434996
... nevermind. Huh.
>>
>>52435049
CID is all about theorycrafting on forums, because PP are clearly incapable of theorycrafting.
>>
>>52435049
Honestly, I'm impressed with the way CID has been handled so far.

Now to just get past the dread of my freshly painted Storm Lances getting nerfed
>>
File: IMG-20170314-WA0000.jpg (708KB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170314-WA0000.jpg
708KB, 2340x4160px
Just finished my DURANT1. I hope he will serve my Judicator well.
>>
File: IMG-20170315-WA0008.jpg (610KB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170315-WA0008.jpg
610KB, 2340x4160px
>>52435290
Opps thats the complete version.
>>
>>52435290
>>52435304
Not sure I like the color scheme all that much
>>
>>52435304
Dayum. He looks sweet.
>>
>>52435342
It's well painted though
>>
What is the best warcaster for use with mechanithralls?
>>
Anyone have the Cygnar and Mercs card pdfs?
>>
File: Mechanithrall.jpg (92KB, 405x590px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanithrall.jpg
92KB, 405x590px
>>52435429
Denny allows them to hit and actually hurt things with spells like parasite, crippling grasp curse of shadows, marked for death or mortality.

Terminus gives them tough so they can act as a shield for him but he doesn't really do much else for them.
>>
>>52435551
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

nvm, they're in the OP, just not labeled as such.
>>
Probably a stupid question and I should just lurk more, but I just saw and bought the new menoth book at the store. It seems to miss pretty much all exemplars except Rhoven and his butt-buddies.
Is this intended or has PP fucked up?
I mean, I don't have the time to play anyway, but as somebody who only ever owned the models in the eKreoss themeforce, this seems strange.
>>
>>52435617
>Denny can polish those turds for you
>>
>>52435648
There's an upcoming Exemplar theme book that will contain them, and at least one Exemplar theme.
>>
>>52435617
>>52435655
Wouldn't mortality be good enough? Thats -2 def and -2 Arm, not quite as good as denny but still pretty interesting. Anyway if they suck maybe I'll get buffed! As it is now I've found i really like them.
>>
File: polished turd.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
polished turd.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>52435655
well your not wrong. But you take them to be a meat shield and if they kill anything that's a big bonus. iv had many a foe groan because they cant clear the tarpit while I laugh and just drown them in dead.

>>52435751
mortality dos provide the best balance between ARM and DEF debuff's and its Denny 3's spamable spell/only debuff.

I actually like them as well there design was one of the things that drew me to the faction among other things. a necrosurgon is a must though and if you have any brutes bring them they can take the hits for the main group and/or hurt if they make it to the front lines.
>>
I am really looking forward to the new retribution models with the inclusion of the Nyss, but I hope that there will be a new houseguard cavalry unit, hopefully like a light cav because they did not get one when most of the other factions did.

Also I hope that they have nyss elk cav for ret.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 302x167px
>>52423392

> New player
> Convergence of Cyriss
> Destruction Initiative is the way to play
> Literally spend 100pts on Battlegroup
> 5 free Solos
> Never own a single Infantry unit except the occasionally saucy Optifex

Is this about right?
Because an army of robots and drones is fucking sweet but I imagine it gets same-y.

Which Warcaster is the most fun?
>>
>>52435869
I got my models from a player who quit. He had 20 of them, 2 necrosurgeons+6 stitch thralls and no other "related" units like brute thralls or the colossal. I want those brute thralls but they cost a fair bit or come with 10 more mechanithralls.
>>
>>52435942
Are the convergence even relevent now in mk3?
>>
>>52436084
2 out of the top 8 at Adepticon Masters.
>>
>>52436097
I was meaning fluff wise
>>
>>52434044
SKREEONNNK
>>
>>52435942
It's pretty fun, but it can get samey if you're not careful. Luckily, only one of the caster (Aurora) flat out doesn't want the theme, Syntherion would always want to be in it, and Iron Mother likes it a lot.
>>
>>52435942
>>52436164
Oh, don't forget about the TEP. It's a very useful piece that will only get better once the battle engine CID rolls around.
>>
>>52436150
>tfw no Deryliss2 to go with Morty2
>>
>>52436230
he's moved on to a better place, anon. I hear he's moved out of his Morty's house and shacked up with that nice necrotech from down the way.
>>
>>52433621
Barnabas 2 he who is greater in death or the god of hunger
Carver2 The H.O.G
>>
>>52436409
>"Good luck being a wagecuck, Deryl. I didn't need you anyways!"
>>
>>52433621

Magnus3 on a big fucking horse.
Barnabas2 and Mordikaar2 because Godhood
>>
File: chaos_grymkin.jpg (535KB, 976x606px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_grymkin.jpg
535KB, 976x606px
>wander into flgs to waste time
>flip open random 40k chaos book to look at models
>mfw grymkin have already invaded other universes
>>
>>52436482
What about two casters in a single model, Barnabas2 and Carver2 fighting over a throne.
>>
>>52436529
Magnus3 riding around on Strykers shoulders.
>>
>>52433621
I'm tempted to say Kaelyssa2, but honestly another Iosan caster on loan to Ret from an unexplored house (RIP Thyron) would be more interesting than Stealthy Waifu 2.0: Now with 20% More Stealth.
>>
I'm finally making my way through the fluff and holy shit, the Old Witch is so fucking cool.

Why is her tabletop form so god awful? Like fuck me.
>>
>>52433621
Epic Rahn, now with mega mittens.
>>
>>52436658
So that would be pretty cool as a big set piece for some sort of scenario just Barnabas fighting on top of gator man corpses spirits swirling all around. Carver hacking his way up to him. Still if they work like Sturm and Drang that would be cool though leading both swamp and pork beasts would be nuts. Rage on the Warhog would be scary.
>>
File: IMG_1598.png (140KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.png
140KB, 300x219px
>>52437870
>Rahn in an Artificer harness
I need it.
>>
>>52436656
You've got that backwards, I think. Grymkin is sold as the faction of IK people's nightmaresbut it's not... it's the faction of Matt Wilson's nightmares. What does Matt have nightmares about, you ask? The characters from competing wargames, obviously.

... plus whatever the fuck is going on with Neigh Slayers. Best guess is the man had a traumatic incident with a pony at the petting zoo.
>>
File: bojacktion-movie.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bojacktion-movie.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52436529
>Magnus3 on a big fucking horse.
How about Magnus3 AS a fucking horse?
>>
>>52435429
Honestly... pretty much anybody. They're a dirt-cheap screen unit that can take dirt-cheap shield guards as an add-on. Just put them in the way and your opponent will waste precious attacks killing them instead of more important stuff. Cheap infantry tends to work best if you can lay it on a little thick and overwhelm your opponent's ability to deal with it - pair them up with Satyxis, Carrion Thralls, a 2nd unit of McThralls, or whatever floats your boat.

Occasionally, they'll even get to punch something. Their two attacks will offset their crappy MAT somewhat, and most Cryx casters have a way to buff their accuracy, damage, or both.
>>
So how is everyone feeling about Strakhov2 and Morty2 now that the dust has settled?
>>
>>52440740
Strakhov2 seems like a very good infantry caster and Last Stand makes a lot of models that are currently shelf warmers potential inclusions in lists, such as Manhunters. Morty2 is outclassed by Cryx's other jack casters in terms of focus efficiency but is probably a serviceable combined arms warcaster due to Spellpiercer.
>>
File: sooooooooooooooooooles.jpg (25KB, 230x330px) Image search: [Google]
sooooooooooooooooooles.jpg
25KB, 230x330px
>>52436656
...where did you find this?
>>
>Small investment into Skorne (Makeda1, some warbeasts, paingivers)
>Small investment into CoC (Starter, two light vector boxes, optifex directives)

Want to expand, but don't want to support two armies at once. Hard to decide which since both really appeal to me in some way. Got what I do have back in the last few years of Mk2, but then the scene died here. It's back and going pretty damn well, so time to try again.
>>
Any one else wish that Jason Soles be set on fire? Grymkin reek of his faggotty art and aesthetic taste. I have a feeling he was the main culprit in Skorne being nerfed in the mkiii transition, with him being the one issuing the apology and also being active on the forum salt threads. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>52440689
Well i have Ragman, is he a good pick with them?
>>
>>52442852
Ragman is always good.
>>
>>52443346
Seems like since they have two attacks they get double benefit, plus if they do the combined attack plus dark shroud thats like enough to hit some of the weaker heavies, especially combo'd with parasite or mortality.
>>
File: 1476495457651.jpg (17KB, 253x165px) Image search: [Google]
1476495457651.jpg
17KB, 253x165px
Anyone here with the new No Quarter in their possession who wouldn't mind taking pictures of the Ret fluff piece?
>>
File: Reborn.pdf (398KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Reborn.pdf
398KB, 1x1px
>>52443687
>>
>>52443879
Would you be so kind as to upload NQ 71 through Zippyshare or something similar?
>>
>>52443937
http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/pMXUEarm/file.html
>>
>>52442007
He deserves to die for his hair alone.

>>52440740
>So how is everyone feeling about...Morty2

Another mediocre caster to add to our stable of existing mediocre casters.
>>
>>52443970
You're a saint, Anon.
>>
File: 1460534102548.png (98KB, 827x459px) Image search: [Google]
1460534102548.png
98KB, 827x459px
>>52443879
Danke schon, anon.
>>
>>52442007
Who?
>>
File: J2XN6pV.gif (2MB, 479x269px) Image search: [Google]
J2XN6pV.gif
2MB, 479x269px
>>52443970
>Skorne Gargantuan wrestle move:
>THE FLYING ERRATA
ELBOW DROP
Now that's cheeky.
>>
File: 1469379584623.jpg (10KB, 190x96px) Image search: [Google]
1469379584623.jpg
10KB, 190x96px
>>52443879
>the baby Ghyrrshyld curbstomped would have grown up to save the life of an elf who died before they could find "that which the Seekers had long sought"
Good going, Goreshade
>>
>>52443973
>Unless a caster has a spell list as grossly overpowered as Ossrum, they're shit!
>>
>>52444965
I'm not a Cryx player but Morty2 sounds interesting. Take ~3 Inflictors, a pair of Stalkers and a few gunjacks (or a Kraken), add 2 Warwitches and you have a list that sounds like fun. Maybe Ragman if you can find the points.

The idea would be to advance in somewhat of a brick while getting some sweet blessed shots out. Enemy shooting gets distributed between Inflictors and if one is destroyed everyone else heals D6+3. Then once the lines close you can feat and deliver some sweet P+S16-22 Weapon Masters. Or just have the Stalkers kill the enemy caster if they don't respect the ~16" death bubble around Morty.

I'm not going to get into Cryx for it but there's definitely some interesting tech here.
>>
>>52442852
Yeah, Ragman is solid. You don't always need him in Cryx, because most casters already buff damage and he overlaps with other sources of dark shroud. But he's rarely bad.
>>
File: 1435306330865.png (1MB, 1114x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1435306330865.png
1MB, 1114x1049px
Why are the best looking models always the unplayable ones?

Why does it hurt so much, /tg/?
>>
>>52445581
>still no UA
strakov2 look cool, at least
>>
>>52445589
>>52445581
The thing that annoys me, is that Assault Kommandos are supposed to hard-counter Trenchers in fluff. And they kind of do in theory, but someone hasn't thought things through to the end.

- Assault Commandos have a melee-threat of 9,5, while Trenchers get 10". Assault is the same for both

- Assault Commandos have the gas grenades to stop the Trenchers from doing tough rolls. But the gas only works on direct hits, meaning Trenchers in cover (either by dug in or, you know, actual trenches) completely negate that.

- Immunity to Fire and Corrosion, which is completely irrelevant to Trenchers. At least smoke is worthless.

- POW 11 guns should "on average" shrug off against ARM 14+shieldwall. That still means around half of the commando units gets shot off the table.

As assault commandos are right now, they are more anti-menoth and anti-cryx units than an anti-cygnar one. And even against those two, they suck.
>>
>>52443970
goddamn zippy share.. i just want the goddamn pdf not your fucking cancer spyware
>>
>>52443970
Can u upload nq 69 and 70 too?
>>
>>52441074
I've gotta say I ran strakhov 2 and I find him personally fun as fuck to run. I can see him being great in a more infantry heavy build and honestly, he could make Assault kommandos fucking useful again. But, I think he'll really shine with the winter guard kommand theme list.
>>
What are the "s-tier" casters of each faction that I should look out for?
>>
>>52446492
Define S-tier this edition most casters are pretty good at certain things and not so much suck as not as good at others.
>>
>>52446375
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ic7ql04ncu0gkd8/AAAn_bJIdgJD7Nl__r6uGEwxa?dl=0

Theres my dropbox with the most recent NQs, Also there's a bunch of IKRPG content that I cut from nq and separated into their own pdfs for convenience.
>>
>>52446620
You are the best.
>>
>>52428689
The models and fluff are awful, the only great thing is that it's a competitive game. When that disappears there's no point in it
>>
>>52446770
>models and fluff are awful

Most models are certainly worse than the warhammer ones.
Personally I prefer the almost all of the fluff and the setting of warmachine greatly to that of both warhammers. That and the 100% better rules is why I play warmachine.
In the end its obviously just personal preference.
>>
>>52436820
Did Thyron die?
>>
>>52447745
No, he's just a sort of mediocre caster that everyone always forgets about.
>>
>>52447745
His place near the top of the Ret stable did
>>
>>52446770
I like both and find playing exclusively SR with clocks to be boring as shit.
>>
>>52448329
I always play SR to prevent people from camping their caster in the back all day. Clocks, though, yeah i can do without.
>>
>>52446770
>things I don't like suck and everyone who disagrees is stupid
Welcome to the internet, kid
>>
>>52446492

>Cygnar

Haley2 - Although seriously removed from her heights in Mk2, she's still probably the best caster in the game. Amazing feat that works for attrition, and has a great toolkit spell list, and is Focus 8 for no goddamn reason.

Haley3 - Also S-tier, although Haley3 has the side effect of being *very* difficult to play up to her potential. Premier cloudwall caster with serious attrition game.

Sloan - Arguable in S-tier, but definitely fits the bill of "should look out for"; she has bad matchups, but tends to steamroll lists that aren't especially bad matchups for her.
Tries to just shoot you off the table.

Nemo3 - Has some bad matchups, but his electro leap bullshit is such that it's going to get electro leap nerfed for the whole faction. Tries to just shoot you off the table, but he's got Force Hammer on his spell list and with his feat, he doesn't have to even hit you, he can just e-leap your caster to death.

>Khador

Harkevich - Jackspam + Cloudwall. Not much more to be said there.

Casters who run Rocketeers well - I almost put Vlad1 here, but changed my mind. It's really a matter of WG Rocketeers are broken for their costs, and there are a few casters who run them excellently, with Vlad1 at (or near) the top.

(cont)
>>
>>52445835
They were probably hard counter previously but Assault Kommandos have gotten fuck all model support for years whereas trenchers have UAs, weapons teams and multiple support solos. They even have a specific jack.

Assault Kommandos have gotten fuck all.
>>
"Late 610 AR – Ayn announces her engagement to
Great Prince Vladimir Tzepesci." - NQ 69
When the fuck did this happen? Sorscha is pissed right? where can i read more on this? dose this mean king/emperor Vlad is next mk4 warcaster?
>>
>>52448507

>Protectorate

Amon - Jackspam in its purest form, he can make a 10 point jack swing 4 times at MAT 9 PS 23 with SPD 6 Pathfinder. And with Choir, he gets to hide behind a wall of ARM 19-23 heavy jacks that are immune to spells or non-magical shooting, and the clump in the center can't be knocked down, pushed, or slammed. The "immune to spells or non-magical shooting" wall makes him particularly strong into a lot of other S-tier casters.

High Reclaimer - Cloudwall caster with good buffs and a feat that can be used for assassination or attrition. He's not the grade A bullshit he used to be, but he still has a lot of raw power.

Sevvy2 - He runs jack heavy and attritions well with them on the back of his Field Marshal, can clear infantry like a champ with his spell list (especially so with the Blessing of Vengeance), and his whole battlegroup sees through your cloud wall.

It's worth mentioning that if you can't prevent your caster from being knocked down or hide behind stuff you can prevent from being knocked down *without* using an upkeep spell or an animus, Kreoss1 will ruin your fucking day.

>Retribution

I'm not sure there's actually a S-tier caster in Ret, but they've got a lot of high A-tier casters and everything in the faction actually works, so don't count them out because they don't have a meta-bending caster.

>Cryx

It's reasonable to say Cryx has no S-tier casters due to the lack of models in-faction that really work how they're supposed to, but they've still got casters who can wreck shit in fantastic ways.

Denny1 - Still the queen of debuffs, still has a ball-busting feat.

Coven - Fits under the category of "hard to play but really good". Has a great toolkit, enough Focus to pull a lot of shit off, and a feat that plays amazingly well into the current shooting-heavy meta.

(cont)
>>
>>52448568
It's weird how they've gotten consistently worse every time PP updates their rules.

I just want to run a full unit of kommandos and have them not be shit.
>>
>>52448661

>Circle

Wurmwood - Amazing spell list (one of the rare ARM debuffs in Hordes and threat extension via Hellmouth), and a feat that shuts down most armies for a turn.

Baldur2 - He can drop a wall template where he wants and buff two Woldwraths to ARM 23 with a non-upkeep spell. He may not be a true S-tier caster, but falls well within the category of "things to look out for".

>Legion

Lylyth3 - One of the best assassination casters in the game.

>Trollbloods

Uh. Um.

>Skorne

Too early to have really strong opinions here.

>Minions

Rask - Has Fury, access to Rage, Admonition, and a feat that shuts down shooting.
>>
>>52448752
Trolls I'd say Gunnbjorn, Mad2, and Horgle arm skew are things to look out for. The MK is a ballbreaking thing to have to deal with since you have to one round even more than with other hordes beasts.
>>
>>52448752
How about mercs?
>>
>>52449046
General Ossrum; Bunnies are degenerate

Captain Damiano; infantry-based attrition due to excellent spell support, works mostly in theme

Magnus2: Backbreaking feat on almost every scenario
>>
>>52448752
>Skorne
Makeda1 - If you can't deal with 3 units worth of infantry in one turn, you're getting weaponmasters rammed up your ass. Oh and Molik Karn.

Rasheth - Can you deal with a Mammoth and spells coming out of every orifice?
>>
>>52445581

Assault Commandos did one good thing for me in MK II (when I played), which is they laughed in Feora's face when she dropped her feat. Then I dropped Butcher 1's feat and they almost managed to take down a light jack so that was nice. But they sure are disappointing.
>>
>>52448303
He was never even close to the top.

Even in MKII, the only caster worse than him was Garryth.
>>
>>52448613
No no no, its going to be rouge Sorscha running around. maybe join another faction or go rouge like farsight?
>>
>>52449319
I hope you mean in faction, because no one could take Morghoul2's spot from him.
>>
>>52449251
>almost
hahaha
>>
>>52449118
Add Zaadesh to that list. People struggle pretty hard when you interrupt their turn every 10 seconds.
>>
>>52449564

It was their finest hour of mediocrity.
>>
>>52449546
>rouge
>rouge
>>
>>52448507
>>52448661
>>52448752
>>52449107
Any top tier for convergence then?
>>
>>52450405
Just the TEP
>>
>>52450405

Dunno about 'Casters, but between Prime Axiom, TEP and their Theme force, the faction is top tier.

I think common opinion puts Directrix and Lucant as the money-makers, buts it's more the Jack's winning than the casters.
>>
>>52449118
>>52449619

Would second Zaadesh. He really has everything Skorne wants. One unit of Cetrati for the arm buff. Mat and Str fixer, clouds, and to has a bunch of neat counter charge mechanics on top of that
>>
>>52450568
>Cetrati
Never played them with him. He's better with fast models than with a brick.
>>
>>52450655
How come? He never seemed to really care to me. Hell the first beast that springs to mind for him is the Soldier for those countercharge drags and that thing is SPD3. I can understand Swoosemen being good just because he can get them across the table, but their speed isn't really a factor.
>>
>>52450812
Because if he can get the alpha under feat, the game is usually over. And with clouds (and the free upkeep from Despoiler) he can more often than not. With a slow brick you usually lose out on the offensive part of the feat.

I've been playing basically nothing other than this list for the past few months and it drops really well into most factions:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b91bgO6r6U6UcQ5J5G6A6H2N
Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Zaadesh 2) Lord Tyrant Zaadesh [+28]
- Agonizer [6]
- Archidon [10]
- Archidon [10]
- Despoiler [19]
- Molik Karn [19]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
>>
>>52450944
Oh fuck me. That Hakaar is obviously suppsoed to be a unit of Beast Handlers. I don't know how that happened.
>>
Reminder that the Protectorate is doing nothing wrong. Carry on citizens.
>>
Is there much game in my shrekk list? Seems like it might get better once the new steamroller rules drop that put more emphasis on infantry. It's not exactly hitting with a whole lot of punch, but there's a shit ton of pow 17 spear attacks in there if you cycle it right.

Legion Army - 75 / 75 points

(Thagrosh 1) Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight [+28]
- Blightbringer [38]
- Naga Nightlurker [8]
Ogrun Bokur [5]
Warmonger War Chief [6]
Warmonger War Chief [6]
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (max) [15]
- Warspear Chieftan [5]
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (max) [15]
- Warspear Chieftan [5]
>>
>>52452191
Reminder that killing Menites is objectively the right thing to do.
>>
>>52452477
Looks like someone does not wish to reside in the great city of man after they die. Make sure you have your corpse spiced so the Wurm can have a decent meal of your soul
>>
File: tE9CwH8.png (537KB, 599x400px) Image search: [Google]
tE9CwH8.png
537KB, 599x400px
>>52452191
BROADSIIIIIIDE!
>>
File: Horgle.jpg (218KB, 981x1270px) Image search: [Google]
Horgle.jpg
218KB, 981x1270px
>>52452191
Fucking Menites leave us alone!
>>
>>52452535
Morrow has my back.
>>
>>52452535
The Lady knows her own.
>>
File: PIP35087.jpg (13KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
PIP35087.jpg
13KB, 300x350px
>>52452535
We'll come for go up God when we finish with your arcanists round-ear scum.
>>
>>52452771
Jesus Christ I'm going to murder my autocorrect
>>
>>52423392
Used to play MK2 Hordes before my FLGS closed. thinking about getting back after hearing about MK3 and grymkin and in since I've found another store. I think the Grymkin have potential to be really cool, whats the general opinion on em?
>>
>>52448661
Retribution's top tier is probably Rahn, Ossyan and Issyria at this moment. Kaelyssa, Vyros2 and Helynna aren't far behind. But the first three have very decisive games. Rahn being master of moving your shit around and opening lanes to fuck your ass, Issyria bringing accuracy, power and increasing melee threat ranges and Ossyan for simply being able to drop into almost anything positively due to hit buff/spd buff/dmg buff.
>>
File: Helynna1_75.png (95KB, 409x323px) Image search: [Google]
Helynna1_75.png
95KB, 409x323px
>>52452862
>>
>>52450944
>Because if he can get the alpha under feat, the game is usually over
If bringing a faster army because of your feat was the solution, Naaresh would've been one of Skorne's best a long fucking ass time ago. Hell Xerxis1 is the same, both defense and offense.

If you're going to get the alpha just play Rasheth. -2DEF and -2ARM, then on the crackback they have -2STR.
>>
>>52452862
IMO Elara is in their top tier.

She's an amazing warcaster.
>>
>>52452843
they'll be ok, only dad's and weird people like the aesthetic, all us super cool hipsters hate it.
>>
>>52453206
all the dads I know think khador and cygnar have the best aesthetics

and I agree with them
>>
>>52452843
Aesthetically it's polarizing but through the CID process the faction is really coming together mechanically. It's looking quite good overall.
>>
>Going to a Steamroller in just over a week
>Their best player runs Haley2 + Lances + Journeyman religiously
SEND HELP
>>
File: Zerkova1_75.png (180KB, 409x593px) Image search: [Google]
Zerkova1_75.png
180KB, 409x593px
>>52453441
SPAM. ALL. THE. DUDES.
>>
>>52448613
It's mentioned in the post timeskip novel about stryker and presumably we'll find out more about it in the Khador command book
>>
>>52453232
Steampunk America vs Steampunk Soviet Russia
Is that really so surprising
>>
>>52453474
I think spamming dudes is suicide against Cygnar personally. Gunlines, most notably Lances, just cut right through them. That's why the list I'll be picking is Rasheth
>>
>>52453494
no, it's not

But the ironclad and juggernaut are definitely the top two jacks in the game, if just going for looks.
>>
>>52452692
Every single WMH:G thread, this fucking picture appears. If it's not this one, it's the fucking warders/champions/othertrollstheyalllookthesame one.
>>
File: 016strakhov-vs-denny.jpg (112KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
016strakhov-vs-denny.jpg
112KB, 800x586px
My Strakhov1 and Torch are in the mail. Can't wait to learn him.
>>
>>52453648
Maybe I should improve my image pool...
>>
More art? More art.
>>
File: Strakhov Turn Flowchart.jpg (59KB, 627x552px) Image search: [Google]
Strakhov Turn Flowchart.jpg
59KB, 627x552px
>>52453817
Anyone willing to upgrade this for mk3?
>>
File: Oleg Strakhov, Kommander.jpg (139KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
Oleg Strakhov, Kommander.jpg
139KB, 600x706px
The Man himself.
>>
>>52448613
I'm assuming that Vlad isn't too happy about it either.

Emperor Vlad would be a cool Vlad4.
>>
>>52453441
Play Circle, take Wold Shrimp and a Pureblood.
>>
>>52454012
What a silly looking gun
>>
File: cryx_bathroom.png (605KB, 520x664px) Image search: [Google]
cryx_bathroom.png
605KB, 520x664px
>>52453648
>>52453923
>>52453882
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>>
File: Ragman.png (3MB, 1139x1426px) Image search: [Google]
Ragman.png
3MB, 1139x1426px
>>52453923
Art thread? Art thread.

>>52454012
How do I play him? Is he good with the new jack theme? Can he magically turn assault commandos into not-shit?
>>
>>52454026
But I play Skorne. I can substitute with a Cyclops Raider and a Basilisk Drake. Will that do?
>>
>>52454013
Battle Engine Unit?

Does it bother anyone else that PP has to make every caster past 3 has to be some gimmicky unit or battle engine?
>>
File: Kommando_Flamer.jpg (77KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
Kommando_Flamer.jpg
77KB, 500x647px
>>52454056
>Can he magically turn assault commandos into not-shit?
you already know the answer to that
>>
>>52453206
I'm a fan of the spooky aesthetic, hope it becomes a little more nightmarish and a little less holloweeny. I'm super hyped to see their gargantuan though.
>>
Tomorrow I'm starting an IK campaign with some friends built on 5e. I'm super new to the setting. I'm going to play a ogrun life cleric of dhunia. Any tips or general help with character fluff?
>>
File: holyshit.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>52454094
Why does it hurt so much?
>>
>>52454168
because you want to use a unit that isn't iron fangs or winter guard but PP won't let you
>>
>>52454168
Man that story was great
>We'll bring our Colossi and kick the Cryx out of the forests. Surely nothing can stop us!
>Oh god they have even more colossi.
>>
>>52454168
>>52454216
on that note, I've forgotten, is the Thornwoods still infested with Cryx?
>>
>>52454216
>Khador had a Colossal
>Cygnar had a Colossal
>Khador and Cygnar teamed up
>Cryx still whooped their asses without issue

Fucking mk2 Cryx, not even the fluff was save.
>>
File: Madrak vs Doomshaper.jpg (235KB, 1007x691px) Image search: [Google]
Madrak vs Doomshaper.jpg
235KB, 1007x691px
>>
>>52454263
Less infested and more just has them there. IIRC, the invasion at the end of the last book worked and pretty much pushed them out. Khador has since secured the southern border and is probably working to secure the forest from any remaining holdouts.
>>
>>52454056
His Veteran Leader ability helps them hit stuff. Otherwise they're not a bad choice if you fear Legion or Protectorate gunlines. Mechanically he has a lot of upkeeps and Resourceful, so he buffs, allocates, and stays safe until his feat turn. Then on his feat turn he rockets his jacks into things and those things die. The tricky part is keeping him alive after his feat turn, since the targets for it have to be within 12" of him, which in this era is close enough to kill him if you don't position carefully. He looks like a lot of fun to play to me, and if you like Assault Kommandos he at least can hand out Stealth and Veteran Leader to them
>>
>>
File: warmachine.gif (210KB, 631x460px) Image search: [Google]
warmachine.gif
210KB, 631x460px
Am I doing this right?
>>
>>52454384
It probably helps that Strakhov can simply cast Stealth on himself and upkeep it all game for free.
>>
File: Allister Caine, Captain Mk3.jpg (211KB, 809x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Allister Caine, Captain Mk3.jpg
211KB, 809x1055px
>>52454488
Probably.
Also Jeff Goldblum Caine2
>>
>>52453340
CID process? whats that?
>>
>>52454369
>Khador has since secured the southern border and is probably working to secure the forest from any remaining holdouts.

Khador was pushed back beyond the Thornwood by Julius' offensive.
>>
>>52454526
Dynamic entry
>>
>>52454544
>confused guildball player visits a new general
>>
>>52454120
It's a limited release, the models are already made. it's not changing
>>
>>52454544
PP is starting to do a public betatesting with their forums. They will change and adjust rules in response to the participant's testing, to get ready for release.

I don't know what is currently in CID, besides the Grymkin faction. I heard rumors about Artifice of Deviation and Overrun being tested for potential nerfhammers.
>>
>>52454263
>is the Thornwoods still infested with Cryx?

Not so much since Special K went nuclear in the middle of their base.
>>
File: Wrecker.png (2MB, 1366x691px) Image search: [Google]
Wrecker.png
2MB, 1366x691px
>>52454776
Does that mean the Cephalyx are killed off?
>>
>>52454805
Of course not. They have burrows and tunnels all throughout the Iron Kingdoms. Cryx's main stronghold on the mainland, the necrofactorium, was just destroyed.
>>
>>52454080
Uh, there's only one caster past 3 and he's just a dude on a medium base.
>>
>>52454862
past 2
>>
>>52454903
Most of them are just cavalry.
>>
File: Check_it_out.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Check_it_out.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>52454903
Goreshade4 ya dingus
>>
What is the order of mk2 book releases?

- Wrath
- Vengeance
- Colossals
- Reckoning

Is that wrong? I'm trying to catch up with fluff.
>>
>>52454584
jokes on you, I'm not sure what guild ball is! but I figured out what CID is
>>
>>52454958
Forces -> Wrath -> Domination -> Colossals -> Gargantuans -> Convergence of Cyriss -> Vengeance -> Exigence -> Cephalyx -> Reckoning -> Devastation -> Mark 3.
>>
Can someone explain the concept of "character" warjacks? In terms of fluff, I mean.

Isn't a unique robot with slightly different arms than the rest still the same robot as the chassis it was made out of? What exactly is preventing, say Cygnar, from making one hundred Old Rowdys?
>>
>>52455421
Because the cortex (the robot brain) is unique
>>
>>52455437
So, the robots actually have a concious? How far does that go, I assume they can't talk.

Are they like dogs? Or more like children? Does that differ from faction to faction?
>>
>>52455421
Depends on the warjack. Some are characters because they're the only one of their kind ever made (Behemoth, Thunderhead, etc.) while others are jacks that have been in service so long that they have developed their own unique personality traits (Beast 09, Ol'Rowdy, and the majority of character jacks). Most of the latter have also been further modified from the base chassis by their casters as well.
>>
File: you're good you.jpg (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
you're good you.jpg
39KB, 1024x768px
>>52455244
>>
>>52455463
A warjack has the intelligence level of a rather clever dog. Much like a dog, they develop their own personalities and traits over time. However, they're still never going to be anywhere near a human level of intelligence and will be limited by the quality of their cortex.
>>
>>52455563
Meanwhile warbeasts like Molik Karn are forced to be their equal in the tabletop.
>>
>>52455421
>>52455463
So, jacks have a cortex, an artificial brain. This gives them the intelligence of a smart dog, roughly. It varies depending on the quality of the cortex, with warjacks getting the best ones, while laborjacks, not needing nearly as much ability to think or solve problems tend to be dumber.

Anyways, over time, jacks can learn and pick up personalities, of a sort. They often imprint based on the people around them, the work they do, or just random chance. Because it's super expensive to wipe a cortex, most jacks keep their personalities unless whatever they start doing directly interferes with it's job(a warjack that's scared of gunfire, for example, isn't going to be very useful).

Anyways, jacks that deal with a warcaster imprint much more heavily, and much quicker. This is because they have a directly link to the warcasters mind, and experience their emotions. This is where most character jacks in the game come from, a warjack manages to last a while with a caster, and so begins to learn from them.

Warcasters tend to get attached to jacks that form these bonds, in no small part because the jacks begin to learn how to do what they want without prompting, and warcasters are valuable enough that they can get these jacks customized to fit their own personal wants and needs.

This isn't every character jack, but it's where a lot of them come from.
>>
>>52455596
In theory, you could make a warjack nearly as smart as a person if you wanted, though the cortex would be staggeringly expensive to produce.

Still, some of them can often approach near human levels of intelligence, either by dint of time or just the quality of materials. Colossals also have massive cortexes, but they have to be so big to run all the extra shit a Colossal needs to work. I always meant to ask Seacat if Colossals were smarter than the average warjack, but never got the chance.
>>
File: khador_by_capprotti-d6iwnju.jpg (262KB, 932x1800px) Image search: [Google]
khador_by_capprotti-d6iwnju.jpg
262KB, 932x1800px
>>52455563
>>52455499
>>52455596
Thanks anon(s). Wow, I really this concept a lot actually. I sure feel a lot worse for suiciding my jacks to get better positioning on the table.

Makes me wonder what my character jack would be and what traits it would adapt...

... Oh who am I kidding, my jack would be the laziest fuck in the world.
>>
>>52454488
This is honestly one of my favorite pictures of a khadoran warjack if just because it looks like it legit gives no fucks.
>>
>>52455694
>Custom equipped with a bottle opener and fingers specially shaped for optimal shitposting
>>
>>52455694
There used to be rules for jacks bonding to warcasters on the table, and there's still rules for it in the rpg.

Some of them can get super hilarious, especially since RPG groups often weren't rich enough to afford wipes(and it really fucked the jack, since it had to relearn everything).
>>
>>52455706
That's because Drago gives no fucks.
>>
>>52455740
that reminds me of a party of players I had that ran Iron Kingdoms, they'd only start the jack as an absolute last resort so they didn't have to burn coal.
>>
>>52454526
Karl Urban would make an awesome Caine.
>>
The next Steamroller rules say that one of your casters in a two list pairing is allowed to be Merc/Minion depending on your faction's system.

How fucked up does the competitive scene get?
>>
>>52455914
I would be very sad, because I still couldn't run the Kreoss1/Barnabas double knockdown meme.
>>
>>52455954
That's not even a meme, that's just an awful idea. If your opponent has one list that can't be knocked down, you lose so much.
>>
File: IMG_20170331_015145065.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_015145065.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Haha!

I am painting the gobbers!
>>
>>52454682
Both of those are getting errata. Artifice of Deviation is currently listed for changing to be "completely within." I don't remember the change to Overrun.
>>
File: Lancer Lazing About.jpg (121KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
Lancer Lazing About.jpg
121KB, 600x441px
>>52455694
Would it be as lazy as this lancer?
>>
>>52453232
patrician tastes, anon.
>>
>>52456602
Some guy on Reddit says it's confirmed for nerfs, because of the Legion Caster. But I wouldn't trust "some guy on reddit" further than I could throw him, so it's probably bullshit if you can't find anything on the CID forums.

Also, btw, how much is Irusk2 supposed to suffer? First they nerf Wurmwood, which indirectly nerfed him, then they release Strakhov2 who's gonna be a strictly better Infantrymachine caster and now this? Poor Irusk.
>>
>>52456602
Oh wait, I read that wrong.

Overrun is really getting the axe? WHYYY?

Overrun was never a problem, there is no god damn reason to make Monty and Strakhov even worse than they were before.

... actually, didn't they just buff Monty? And she's still bad? What was the fucking point then?
>>
>>52456900
To be fair the nerf to Overrun isn't huge. "in the next errata Overrun will only trigger when the target model it is cast upon destroys one or more enemy models with an attack during it's Combat Action."

Source: http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?270920-Followup-re-Charge-movement-Impact-Attacks-and-Overrun
>>
File: 1487814939428.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487814939428.gif
2MB, 400x250px
I'm making a Pig-Man for an upcoming Unleashed game. But I have no idea if they have some sort of naming conventions, I can't find anything in the book.

How do Farrow names work, anons?
>>
>>52457094
Pigs seem to have regular people names: Carver, Helga, Midas, etc. They also have names like Targ and Rorsh. I picture them as Australian outback themed dudes, so take Mad Max as inspiration for farrow names if it please you.
>>
guy who hasn't played since mid MK2 again, has the lore changed that much? really I'd just like to know of any major happenings on Immoren
>>
>>52454611
no I meant any models they haven't shown yet
>>
>>52457088
Does that basically just mean you can't overrun off of free strikes or is there another interactions that's going away?
>>
>>52457252
there's been a two year timeskip since the end of mk2. Cygnar has a personal union over Llael and has declared war on Khador to drive them from the country. Trollbloods under Madrak have migrated down to the Alchiere peninsula south of the Protectorate to live in the jungle, but Legion sent Kallus there to fuck shit up and the Protectorate is declaring a crusade to conquer the whole area. Goreshade led his army of spooks into the temple where Scyrah and Nyssor were kept and Scyrah resurrected him into Gyrsshyld1, champion of Ios. Skorne got their shiwrecked by Ios and their supply lines across the desert got annihilated by something.
>>
>>52457299
Strakov has Sentry, which lets a jack shoot in the M.Phase, which lets you trigger Overrun right now.
>>
>>52457336
It does? Doesn't overrun expire before the Sentry shot goes off?
>>
>>52457094
Pigs fucking LOVE titles. They don't understand them, but they overuse them to sound impressive.

Signed,

Archduke Viceroy-assemblyman Guttersnout III
>>
>>
>>
>>52457310
Thanks!
>>
File: 99pR8Xs.jpg (156KB, 1036x524px) Image search: [Google]
99pR8Xs.jpg
156KB, 1036x524px
>>52457373

I played with a farrow character named Meat Mountain.
>>
File: 1488131004675.jpg (13KB, 339x302px) Image search: [Google]
1488131004675.jpg
13KB, 339x302px
>>52457453
>>52457373
>>52457177

Thanks folks. But I sort of realized I am a step away from making Pig Junkrat. As I was going to make him a Farrow Warlock.

>Smaller than average, with a big bulky Brute Hog
>Burnt fur from powder burns
>Chipped tusks, general wear and tear
>A little on edge but there for the cash and mayhem
>Also cash

Replace the explosive fetish for an obsession with proper firearms and there you go.
>>
>>52457429
Also Vlad got forced into an arranged marriage with Empress Ayn Vanar and is now Prince Consort of Khador.
>>
>>52457094
go fucking Idi Amin with it anon

Lord Carver, Bringer of Most Massive Destruction, Esquire. the Third, Lord of the Thornfall Alliance etc.
>>
>>52457429
Skorne got fucked up by the earthquake cause when the gators and pigs accidentally summoned the Wurm for 5 minutes.
>>
>>52457627
Also Julius is king of Cygnar and Leto abdicated to become High Councilor. Caine quit the CRS and Magnus is now a Major in the Cygnarian Army.
>>
CID is thankfully going pretty great. If this continues Warmahordes may no longer ever have dull releases.
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.