[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 72

File: Verdun, 1917.jpg (76KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Verdun, 1917.jpg
76KB, 768x432px
Trench Warfare edition

Previous thread: >>52402995

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

What is your favorite blaster rifle of the Star Wars universe? If it's the A-series, what's your favorite model?
>>
>>52422480

Always loved the Endor A-280.
Though I really do like Cassian's modular 280 CFE.
>>
>>52421649

I definitely hope this isnt a one off by Disney and that they would expand on creating more splinters to remind us the price of freedom especially since we are nowadays constantly exposed to fiction where the resistance is a choice between a douchebag and a shit sandwich. See games like Farcry 4 where you work for two equally despicable rebels or the Hunger Games where Alma Coin is proven to be as despicable as the dictator who had been oppressing the population for years.

Just because the rebels win in the end doesnt mean we cant show the rougher years of struggle
>>
>>52422969

I expect we'll see some of it in the background of the Han Solo film, considering in the old eu he was dating a Rebel ( who ended up being the one to die broadcasting the DS1 plans to the Tantive, if I remember rightly).
That said, if it includes his time in the Imperial Academy, we might end up seeing the Rebellion from the Empires propaganda machine and shit so that might be interesting.

Man I REALLY want a Cassian Andor spinoff novel though.
I want to see the shady shit he had to do before Rogue One. Comic or novel would be great, i dont mind.
>>
>>52422878
I like the E-11 a lot myself, but I'll be damned if the A295 doesn't look good. That may be my appreciation for the STG-44 talking though.
>>
>>52422969
That's the why I like to view Star Wars, and how I think compelling fiction needs to be. There are no absolute evils and absolute goods, and in many ways, it's a choice between freedom with douches or order with turds. The side you pick is your own preference, though, and I hope we don't see another "fan civil war" for a while.
>>
The upcoming Thrawn novel is 40% off on the B&N online store
>>
>>52423055

I've always had a minor crush on the E-11 as well.
In the Jedi Knight games I'd basically only ever use pistol, E11 and lightsaber.
I liked to stay as 'film' as possible.

Same for playing battlefront actually. When playing Empire, I only use the E-11 or the DLT19, as rebels I vary it out a bit more since they're more ragtag, but I tend to stick to the A280 or the A180.
>>
>>52422480
I love the A280-C, but I despise the stats of it in AoR, so I just use a normal
Blaster Rifle as a A295.
>>
>Edge of the Empire, Western game
>Tuesdays, GMT-5, Discord or roll20 voice, afternoons
>Core book only

Pick up the gun
Save the day
Maybe live long enough to celebrate if the Hutts don't stab you in the back first.
>>
>>52423094

Absolute evil is fine but I just find Absolute good difficult to swallow when facing absolute evil because they tend to be the first to die or be defeated because absolute evil have no excuses to hold back. So I feel like there needs to be rebels who are desperate or borderline on the cusp of despair. They dont want the boots of the empire to crush them but they feel Mothma's ways will lead them to ruin so they become desperate and do dirty shit like replace moffs with cartel heads who in exchange for not oppressing the locals in the area gets to run drug and Imperial enslavement (Say press ganging a bunch of stormtroopers to be used as screening troops) rings unmolested. They have to help the alliance not with uplifting words but by funding it with blood money
>>
>>52423353
If I didn't have a game Thursday, maybe.
>>
>>52423353

If I werent running my own campaign Id jump right the fuck in.

Tfw forever gm.
>>
>>52423353

why core book only? Marshal, gunslinger, and gambler seem pretty western
>>
What era do you prefer playing in? Clone Wars or Galactic Civil War or something else?
>>
File: based garm.jpg (338KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
based garm.jpg
338KB, 1500x762px
>>52423814
Legends New Republic era with some slight modifications.
>>
File: ILM_challenge_fightBack_FL_v001.jpg (275KB, 1920x1055px) Image search: [Google]
ILM_challenge_fightBack_FL_v001.jpg
275KB, 1920x1055px
>>52423814

Always the Civil War.
The Clone Wars are nice and all, but the distinct lack of X-Wings just doesnt turn me on.
>>
>>52423689
Because it's the only book I have and I'm still learning the game.
>>
>>52423853
I'll take LAATs, Clone Troopers, non-lore breaking Jedi, and ARC-170s over the X-wing
>>
>>52423814
My favorite so far was a mix of both. My friend put us in an AU where Sheev isn't able to decisively end the Clone Wars, so the CIS manages to continue as a rival state to the new Empire and a cold war armistice is eventually set up between the Confederacy and the Empire basically splitting the galaxy and fighting proxy wars in the outer rim while the Jedi undermine the new Sith power in the galaxy by fucking with both sides while being hunted down.

So far we've had a lot of fun mixing old battle droid tech with OT Rebel Alliance aesthetics, and it's become the kind of setting I'd like to revisit when my group gets back together again.

but as for normal settings, I'd say GCW.
>>
>>52423889
See all that stuffs fun and all.
But there's no Rogue Squadron, no Wraith Squadron, no 181st. And such, no point.
>>
So we have the Clone Wars for the Prequals and the Civil War for the Original trilogy.

What's the conflict of the Sequal trilogy called? does it have a name yet?
>>
>>52424173
>Prequals
>Sequal

Does your browser have a spellchecker?
>>
>>52424173
Civil War 2 : Dark Side Boogaloo
>>
>>52424173
>What's the conflict of the Sequal trilogy called?
The Wook uses "Resistance-First Order Conflict." I prefer to call it "Rehash."
>>
File: 1425501123284.jpg (59KB, 769x460px) Image search: [Google]
1425501123284.jpg
59KB, 769x460px
Are there stats for the Pelta Carrier anywhere?
>>
>>52424228
Come on man KOTOR wasn't that bad
>>
>>52424173
First Order calls last orders for the New Republic
>>
>>52424173
So far just First Order - Resistance Conflict... Hopefully, something in TLJ multimedia project comes up something better...
>>
>>52422997
>Man I REALLY want a Cassian Andor spinoff novel though.
Right there with you. I am a sucker for a good espionage book
>>
File: firstmarker_03.jpg (186KB, 1920x798px) Image search: [Google]
firstmarker_03.jpg
186KB, 1920x798px
>>52424245
There's been a real lack of attention to the Clone Wars era by most everyone. Which I find a bit disappointing as while some people don't like the prequels, it is an interesting period of conflict prior to the Empire era and well detailed with the CW cartoons. So it would be good if FFG got around to making a book for that era.
Gunna have a bit of a think about it for a while as the Pelta is a modular ship that can have various fittings, kind of like the Consular from the same era.
>>
File: 1425500706230.jpg (173KB, 1166x654px) Image search: [Google]
1425500706230.jpg
173KB, 1166x654px
>>52425645
my guess is that they're deliberately holding off for a clone wars sourcebook. FnD and chronicles of the gatekeeper had some notable clone wars stuff.
>>
>>52425690
Going to do up the medical frigate version of it, see how it turns out in a few minutes
>>
>>52425645
>There's been a real lack of attention to the Clone Wars era by most everyone
>Two TV shows with very high production values
>Two main saga films plus a film-length pilot for one of the TV shows
>Multiple separate comic book series
>First Lego Star Wars game was PT-centric
>Fucktons of novels and vidya, second only to the Rebellion/post-Rebellion Legends time period
>Art style transplanted into KOTOR era thanks to Bioware's laziness
>Most of Battlefront 2's campaign
>Plenty of attention in the classic Battlefront games in general
>Clone-era expansion pack for Galactic Battlegrounds with two different battle droid factions (CIS, Trade Fed)
>One of the most fondly remembered Star Wars vidya of all time
>Hands down the best film novelization in the franchise (Stover's RotS novelization)
>Jedi Starfighter in Rebel Strike
>Large number of Clone characters in that one mobile vidya
The Clone Wars have had the spotlight for years and the Clonewank never stopped.
>>
>>52425779
Talking about the RPG/Tabletop side of things
Yeah, there's lots on it from everywhere else.
>>
File: Zillo vs Gorog poster.jpg (106KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zillo vs Gorog poster.jpg
106KB, 1080x720px
Gorog vs Zillo Beast

who wins?
>>
>>52425900
Gonna go with Zillo. He tanked pretty much everything except the magic macguffin gas that was specifically cited as his kryptonite, whereas the Gorog was eventually overcome by brute force, an OP Jedi clone, gravity, and emergency brain surgery.
>>
>>52425690
>>52425727
Just a bit of a ballpark idea for her, there's not a lot of analogues which I can put it next to except the Neb-B.
Price is kind of hard to come up with and I'm throwing it in the mil-surp pile that would have been decommissioned after the clone wars and sold off to various planetary/corp/private interests that need a hospital ship of this size, brand spanking new out of Kuat drive yards I reckon it might be about 3-4x that price.
I stuck guns on it, because fuck not having guns on a spaceship and they could be relatively easily retro-fitted due to the modular design.

If it was a cargo version, drop the crew down to about 15-20%, increase capacity up to about 10-12,000 and drop passengers to about 30
>>
File: robin-har-jyn.jpg (345KB, 1098x1500px) Image search: [Google]
robin-har-jyn.jpg
345KB, 1098x1500px
Ok so, question about how people fine RPG - specifically EotE, and its combat.

So far, my group is just having a kinda shit time of it. It feels to me like its dipping halfway between rules heavy and narrative heavy and getting nowhere.

Rules heavy gets to be fun because its all tactical and doing well in combat is about using the rules right and positioning etc

Narrative (ala dungeon world) gets to be cool because while you only roll a dice once you get to pull off cool shit description wise.

EotE is, well, neither? Its tied to the rules enough that you're not doing much other than just shooting someone. But the rules for combat are basic enough that most of the time a turn is just 'aim for boost, make attack at closest/scariest thing'.

Admittedly we're not high level so theres no cool gear, or crazy opponents. But in other stuff there was say, tactical stuff to get right. Here cover is worth fuck all, and so generally we're just shooting at the closest thing, maybe a grenade or two. Hell overwatch doesn't have any rules I can see. Only real option each turn is just shoot. Can i have some differences in RoF, aiming shots, cover doing more (so id have to flank to kill people well), etc.

Have people had similar experiences? Fixes? Or am I just boring and fucking this up.
>>
>>52426230
I think you are right and the combat is barebones, however there is a lot of narrative you can add into combat through advantage,triumph,threat, and despair and it is up to the players and the Gm to use them in creative ways to spice up the combat imo.
>>
>>52426359
>>52426230
Forget to mention to look into Forged in Battle, the Soldier Career book, if you are looking for some inspiration in other uses for advantages and such in certian enviroments!
>>
>>52426230
The way FFG's dice work is to DISCOURAGE purely shooting and ending your turn. Threat and Advantage can be used in nearly limitless ways in different situations if you're creative enough. Think outside the box and encourage being abstract and creativity from your players. You can also tweak the combat yourself quite a bit. If it feels too simple, there are numerous ways you can add tactics and placement to it. If you feel it's too complicated, you can simplify it equally.
>>
>>52425645
The LAAT and AT-TE appear in FiB atleast.
>>
>>52426376

Thanks.

So yeah basically be less boring. We were sticking to the core books use for threat/advantage, like +boost and such.

>>52426405
Ditto.
What are some ways you've added tactics/placement? My first thought was if you up the amount of defense that cover adds it heavily encourages people to flank.
>>
>>52423881

Fair enough, good luck anon and points for picking up a GM hat, the pastebin has all the other books to look through too if you like the system.
>>
>you will never play a disgruntled, mangled, and betrayed Phase III Dark Trooper going up against the Death Troopers that forcibly replaced your program after some asshole blew your project up
>>
>>52426903

That sounds pretty fantastic
>>
>>52426903
Only to be forced to join forces with the sole survivor of your rampage after the oldschool Death Troopers have a zombie-style uprising.
>>
>>52426903
>>52427192
>>52427421
>you will never be a nu-canon death trooper reluctantly teaming with the obsolete, traitorous Phase III that helped the rebels wipe out your company because he's butthurt over Palpatine rightfully canning the late and not-so-great Rom Mohc's stupid-ass project that got killed by one merc due to hordes of angry undead stormtroopers
>you will never fight your way out with your new "friend" and wonder how he escaped execution as the undead stormtroopers fight with rakghoulified stormtroopers
>>
There's a lot of lightsaber options in FaD. Is there a comparison between the different types of saber and gems?
>>
File: 28170381990_147ae65b69_k.jpg (991KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
28170381990_147ae65b69_k.jpg
991KB, 1365x2048px
>>52422480

I like the gun
>>
>>52426230
Kinda

I approached it the same way you did from the sounds of it, and I leaned more towards rules heavy with tokens and grid and shit. Then after that game ended I was lazy for the next one and just didn't bring tokens or put down a grid, and whilst abstract and a bit vague it worked out but still felt static.

Then some guys online pointed out I was using the dice wrong. I was almost exclusively using the advantage/threat/triumph/etc to just add a blue dice here, a black dice there, and since I've started using them a little more creatively (his two despair short out his pistol and he proceeds to draw a vibro-axe from his belt and advance on you/you can spent that triumph to force his engines to choke for a second, lining up an easier shot next round you fire on his ship) I've been enjoying it more and the players have been much less static

I'm seeing a lot more ducking behind cover not to get a black dice added to enemy attack pools, but because it looks cool and they want to move around and be creative like I am.
>>
How often do pilots/aces get to do their thinf in your game?
>>
>>52428402
No often enough. I'm trying to fix that currently and work vehicles and flight into it more often.
Perhaps I should just give him a jetpack so his flight skill is always something useful.
Being able to fly won't do him an awful lot of good most of the time anyways
>>
>>52428402
I've included one space encounter in each adventure, but sadly if we're slow that might not happen every session. I'm also trying to improve the quality of them, I've a large group and my worry is with one guy as pilot and another as gunner there's not a lot for everyone else to do and they can only run around trying to buff the two contributing people for so long. So I'm gonna give them a small fighter and make them split the party a little, and I'm getting more narrative with the ship damage so there's more for people to run around responding to if they're not taking part in the fight
>>
File: thanksdoggo.jpg (423KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
thanksdoggo.jpg
423KB, 800x600px
>Find out about a local store I didn't know about
>About to start working day shift again
>They have X-Wing games at 7pm on Tuesdays
>Get hyped, look for my imps
>I've clearly moved my TIE swarm somewhere while cleaning, can't find the boxes, find some interceptors destroyed when I was moving but nothing else
>Oh well, I'll go find rebels
>My Falcon and ORS custom YT-1300 are where I thought they were, as are my cards
>Find my Corran, Dutch, Biggs models
>Remember why I quit the first time

My doggo just had to jump up on a bed while excited and give Biggs authenticity.. Oh well, Should I magnetise and use for flavour, or try to find my second X-Wing?
>>
>>52428701
post doggo.
>>
>>52428701

Im kind of impressed that its just bent to shit rather than snapped.
>>
>>52428701
It is not every day a brave pilot survives a vicious giant akk-dog attack. Magnetize.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (506KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
506KB, 800x600px
>>52428733
Doggo in less frustrating circumstances.
>>52428757
That impressed me too, I'm the guy who was working on making a Howlrunner model for casting sometime back and even resin snaps under those circumstances, and that shit is soft as fuck.
>>52428768
Fair enough, I guess it will be a fun novelty model, and the legality is on the base, not on the token iirc (unless something has changed while I was out of the game).

I haven't played X-Wing since shortly before the wave that had the Ghost and stuff. What should I be prepared to put up with?
>>
>>52428809

>neptune world map
Fucking lies, that isnt Neptune.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170329-151059.jpg (813KB, 1104x1940px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-151059.jpg
813KB, 1104x1940px
>>52428809
Demon
>>
>>52428859
Noice, but assuming you don't know this pointless tidbit, Neptune were a fuel station chain here in Australia (don't know if they were overseas). I like outdated maps, so that one is up on the wall.

>>52428881
He is a lovely boy... But he did kill Biggs.
>>
>>52427886
Viluppo has the prices but I don't think it has the stats of each crystal.

The lightsaber weapons are highly customizable but very expensive. Most of the crystals focuses on a different secondary stat to spend advantage on, like burn or concussive.
>>
>>52428891
>he did kill Biggs
Good boy
>>
File: war_machine_final.jpg (585KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
war_machine_final.jpg
585KB, 1920x1080px
>>52428891

I can relate to that, old maps are fucking beautiful.
My mums always loved them too, found a book a few years back of old battle maps dating back centuries and she loved it.

>killed biggs
Actually i mean, if you look at it, the cockpit's intact, two of the S-foils are working fine, and one laser cannon still looks good to go.
The main body of the ship doesnt seem damaged at all apart from some vague paint scratching.

Biggs is still good to go.
Maybe you should only be rolling 1 red to reflect his reduced armament though.
>>
>>52428941
1 of the working S-Foils is missing the back end of the engine, the only missing part on the ship.
>>
>>52428891
>But he did kill Biggs.

At this point, who hasn't had to kill Biggs in XWM?
>>
>>52429107
>My dog can now be said to have played XWM
>>
>>52428891

Like Shell or Esso or Texaco I guess?

What happens to Oil Companies that don't make the grade? Do they just get absorbed by the bigger ones?
>>
>>52429122
Not quite an oil company, just a petrol station chain. They were founded in 1909, started selling Socony fuel until they were bought by Shell in 1926. They kept selling Shell fuel as Waratah fuee and had their stations called Neptune until 1969 when I believe they became Shell stations.

Generally oil companies are like other mining and exploration companies, unsuccessful ones go into receivership or broker a merger with a larger company.
>>
>digging up some b ackground music for my group to explore imperial bases to
>rogue squadron and jedi knight games are the best source i can think of, so im trawling those osts

This is just making me sad that with EA at the helm, we'll never see another star wars game on the same level as the JK and RS series for another, what, 8 years they have the license? And then another few years beyond that for development?

We've got four new star wars films in the line, at least, and we wont see a single non-EA game for any of them.
I dont want a dozen more Dice Battlefronts goddamnit.
>>
>>52429302

Well what else can they even do? Make another KotoR game and slap the Bioware logo on the front?
You really want a Star Wars version of the debacle that was Andromeda?
>>
>>52429415

Theyre already making that Uncharted clone they showed some of.

But yes, you honestly dont expect them to shuffle bioware into making some Star Wars shit they can absolutely butcher just like they did ME2, 3 and A?

I just want Factor 5 to come back and make RS games again, and Free Radical to be resurrected and make a new Battlefront, and Raven to make a new Jedi Academy game.
Just let me dream, anon.
>>
>>52429429
But yes, you honestly dont expect them to shuffle bioware into making some Star Wars shit they can absolutely butcher just like they did ME2, 3 and A?

I'm honestly not sure they even have the imagination to make the connection.
>>
>>52429444

Well, I hope you're right.
After the mockery they made of their own Old Republic setting, I dont want to see them set loose on eras I actually still like.
>>
>>52423689
Which splat are those in?
>>
>>52429465
The Smuggler and Colonist books, Fly Casual and Far Horizons, respectively.
>>
>>52429429
If the uncharted clone you're talking about is 1313, then mate I've got some bad news for you

At least they gave us a bunch of cool concept art from it after they canned the project, and the soft reveal that you were gonna be playing a young Fett undercover throughout the game and only reveal who you were further in

Fuck, now I'm thinking about who in the market I'd trust to develop a good quality Star Wars game and I'm coming up with a lot. I'd trust CD Projekt Red over Bioware any day, but we'd be waiting 4-5 years for them to make the game
>>
Are there any good places to get character art for star wars PCs and NPCs? It has a subtly distinct aesthetic that is frustrating to try to match.
>>
>>52429521
There's quite a few companies who could make a great Star Wars game, so long as they played to their strengths.
>>
>>52429564
What are you looking for exactly? If you are willing to go through pages and pages of stuff theres a great thread of star wars/scifi art on the EOTE part of the FFG forums.
>>
>>52429521

Nah, though much as I loved 1313's aesthetics the gameplay itself looked pretty dull. Cover shooter, yaaay.

The concept art is a goldmine for my EotE game though.

But no, I meant the games they teased at E3...a year ago I think it was? I lose track.

Either way they teased one by Visceral which had 8 seconds of a dude walking out of Chalmun's Cantina, and they teased another game by Respawn.
The Visceral one is apparently Uncharted Star Wars, as so
http://www.gamesradar.com/visceral-star-wars-like-uncharted/

The Respawn one, we dont much know yet, other than here
http://admin.respawn.com/stig-blog
"We’ll be making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe."
Which doesnt say an awful lot.

Will it be Titanfall with AT-STs?
Honestly, i'd play it, but I guess we'll find out.

And yeah, fucking agreed on CDPR.
I'd kill for a Star Wars game by them. Christ, just reskin the Witcher and tweak its writing and Im already on board.
>>
>>52429564

You could try searching artstation, there's a fair number of people who draw star wars things there, epsecially since ILM ran a competition a while back.
>>
File: doom 4 fist bump.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
doom 4 fist bump.gif
2MB, 450x252px
>>52429521
>who in the market
>Paradox 4X game
>ArcSys fighting game
>Intelligent Systems
>Project Aces starfighter game
>id or Kojima Dark Forces
>Platinum Force Unleashed remake
>Chris Roberts starfighter game
>Intelligent Systems tactical RPG
>From Software Jedi game
>Red Orchestra 2 in space
>Star Wargame: Krayt Dragon
>R6: Siege with Bounty Hunters
>Trioculus for Smash when
>Battlefront: Bad Company 2 if DICE got their heads out of their asses
>>
>>52429596
Hell, a reskinned Sniper Elite Star Wars game would be pretty fucking sweet.
>>
>>52429596
>>From Software Jedi game

>you will never play Jedi Souls
Holy fuck I didnt know how much I wanted this, or how much it's going to hurt that it will never exist.
>>
>>52429603
How would the physics of that work? Sure, there's bullet drop with slugthrowers, but what do you do with blaster bolts?
>>
>>52429616

Well, get immediately spotted since every shot you fire is a tracer.

Which would provide its own interesting issues.
>>
File: 1490413696644.png (2MB, 824x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1490413696644.png
2MB, 824x1892px
>>52429580
Rogues, smugglers, bounty hunters, imperial officers, soldiers, droids, etc.
>>
>>52429616
>>52429623
Honestly half the reason I suggested it is cause I still want that Star Wars Metal Gear game.
>>
>>52428809
That's a big damn poodle
Have an auntie that used to have a breeding stud of the smaller ones and they'd be either friendliest little things you ever met or try to take your hand off. No sort of happy middle ground, though the friendly ones used to go out and help me flush out hares and rabbits, that was kind of hilarious watching half a dozen fluffy poodles lose their fucking minds at the first sight of a bunny. They where fucking garbage gun dogs and no chance of an intact bunny after it was shot, but always got an A for effort.

>>52429302
>EA at the helm,
I was once willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in the past, but been burned too many times with them turning good ideas into complete shit.
They're just box merchants, sling them out the door and appalling long term support.
>>
>>52429640

Pretty much.
I remeber in 08 I had this brief hope that they were changing, with Mirrors Edge and Dead Space both getting released - new IPs, from EA of all people!

Then they ignored Mirror's Edge for half a decade, and progressively shit on the Dead Space dev team, and I knew EA would never change.
>>
File: old SW game.jpg (242KB, 850x1097px) Image search: [Google]
old SW game.jpg
242KB, 850x1097px
>>52429648
Yeah I jumped into Warhammer Online back in about 08-09, had spare time to burn and despite my love for warham fantasy. Such a dog of a product, ran like a drunk (on a high end PC) barely anything worked, server crashes and disappointed a lot of people.
So that was it for me and EA.
>>
>>52429725

Oh fuck me, I forgot Warham online was EA.
That'd explain why it got fucked so hard I guess.

Rune priest all day nigga
>>
File: bad company 2 vietnam.jpg (92KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
bad company 2 vietnam.jpg
92KB, 1024x576px
>>52429648
>Bad Company 2 Steam release
>MOH: Pacific Assault briefly available for free on Origin
>NBA Jam 2010 genuinely fun as fuck
>Unraveled
>Nihilus and HK-47 in that one mobile game, despite the EU wipe
>Recanonizing the TIE Defender, Dark Trooper program, and HWK-290
>Allegedly still employs some members of the old Wing Commander 4 team
There's still a brief glimmer of hope. A little spark of the fun old EA is still there. I can only hope that it stays alive.
>>
>>52429596
>>Paradox 4X game

I'm pretty sure the mod tools to get a functioning Star Wars game in Stellaris are already there.

>Star Wargame: Krayt Dragon

Want. But 40k Only War-Game first please.

>Platinum Force Unleashed remake

I'd settle with For Honor with Lightsabers.

...and dedicated servers.
>>
File: sith yobs.jpg (87KB, 1008x600px) Image search: [Google]
sith yobs.jpg
87KB, 1008x600px
>>52429745
I had a Witch Elf and a Disciple of Khaine ... don't hate!
I actually wanted to play a White lion but all my friends insisted we be the bad guys
>>
>>52429812

>Star Wars For Honor
...That'd actually be really neat.

Basic Rebel/Imperial soldiers shooting at each other from cover, inquisitors and jedi bipping around at speed with sabers out.
Id play that.
>>
>>52429836

White lions were fun from what I remember.
Great style
>>
>>52429790

Bad Company 2 I'll give you, but they haven't gone back to that almost a decade now, so I'm thinking the franchise is pretty much dead as a doornail.

A lot of those other decisions might just be the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Like HK and the TIE defender getting in because their respective projects weren't aware of the canon wipe and just when with stuff that was fun from what they vaguely remember back in the day.

Also the HWK-290 has been full canon since AotC I think?
>>
>>52429855
>the franchise is pretty much dead as a doornail
It's still pretty active. Obviously not what it was during its heyday, but I still see lots of full or near-full servers every time I boot up the game.
>>
>>52429837
>...That'd actually be really neat.

Yeah it was, when they sold it on PS2 all those years ago.

I mean, it came with a minigame where you went through Episode 3 as either Obi-Wan or Anakin and for some reason it was called SW: Episode 3, but that Duels game was definitely where it was all about.
>>
File: bad kitty.webm (2MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
bad kitty.webm
2MB, 1280x544px
>>52429853
There was this one guy who played one and I fucking swear he'd have that kitty cat all over my shit and drag me places I didn't want to be. Pretty much everyone else I reckon I could wipe the floor with 1-1 or maybe 2-3 of their friends as well and leave them wrecked- except this one guy and his damn cat. They'd fuck me up every time!
>>
File: evo logo.jpg (38KB, 744x561px) Image search: [Google]
evo logo.jpg
38KB, 744x561px
>>52429874
Episode 3 duel mode at Evo when?
>>
>>52429874

>soul calibur had three different force users
>you couldnt use them as basis for characters in create-a-fighter

I was so fucking mad at that.
I just wanted to make my own jedi you shitstaints goddamnit
>>
>>52429836

I really wish FFG had done an Elf supplement for 3rd Ed WHFRP before they lost interest. They got as far as Sword Masters and HE Wizard and that was it.

My Dwarf Boatman turned Engineer with a dark past meanwhile is laughing as he modifies his repeater crossbow like he's a member of the A-Team.
>>
>>52429937
Heh, poor old WHFRPG dragged its sorry arsehole all through 3 damn editions and for nigh on 25 years without ever touching much in detail. There used to be quite a lot of fan-support material out there for 2E and maybe 3E as well, but I've not looked for them.
Also one of the first games I got to play for any length of time as a poor, mildly psychotic dwarf was gradually over time amputated by limb and eventually head-injured to death by successively larger monsters.
>>
File: 1486296982014.jpg (315KB, 1920x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1486296982014.jpg
315KB, 1920x1470px
>>52429628
Yeah definitely try to look through the Edge of The Empire char art thread over at the FFG site, it has over 100+ pages of artwork and such
>>
>>52429640
>That's a big damn poodle

Its a poodle x black labrador, from the original breeding school in Tasmania. He was bred as a guide dog for people with allergies, had all of the gentle nature and kindness but none of the required intelligence, so he ended up at my feet. He is very large though, I am a shade over 6' and he puts his paws on my shoulders. I've had poodles in the past though, and in my experience the larger ones (standard poodles) are fucking great (and make good gundogs for duck hunting), miniatures are a mixed bag and toys are one of the worst dogs in history.
>>
File: Maremma.jpg (60KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Maremma.jpg
60KB, 600x450px
>>52430098
The larger poodles are pretty uncommon as pets as far as I know because they're pretty active beast, the miniatures like the ones my aunt had where fairly small.
But yeah, the toys are just yippy dog and not much good for anything.

Biggest dog I ever had was a Maremma who used to guard our sheep and cattle, kept foxes and other dogs away from the lambs. Reckon he was around 65-70cm at the shoulder, couldn't really call him a pet as he'd spend most of his time guarding and just doing his job the way he wanted to, but he'd let my nieces ride him around the yard and put up with all their shenanigans.
Beautiful natured dog but sadly got bitten by a snake a couple of years ago and I've not had cause to get another one.
>>
>>52426795
Sticking to the books advantage threat suggestions is part of your problem. Those are merely suggestions. Ideally only the gm should know what they are.
Players should make up fool shit they'd like to do with what they have, and gm should adjudicate the mechanical benefits based on the suggested effects.
Good:
Player: I got 3 advantage, can I use it to bring down one of the large pillars in this room on top of the group of stormtroopers?
Gm: That might be a bit much, but the pillar could come down in a way that would force them to maneuver to get a shot, and you could use it for cover.
Player: OK sure (or further ideas)

Bad:
Player: I got 3 advantage, I spend it to create cover for the party.
Gm: Ok
>>
>>52430354
Sorry to hear mate, being an Aussie I've had several dogs in the family lost to snake bits. Maremmas are lovely dogs, and standard poodles are somewhat common here which is nice, as are labradoodles (since the breed was invented in Tasmania it makes sense). Funnily enough, the head breeder who was behind the labradoodle somewhat regrets the decision, as it pretty much started the designer dog trend. The breed was answering a necessity, and it ended in teacup cockapoos and shit like that.

Fun chat, but we should probably stop doggoposting. To bring things back around, as asked above, what should I be prepared for coming back into X-Wing? I got out just before the wave that dropped the Ghost and stuff like that (I think the second wave post TFA), is it still just TLTs and Palps Fel lists to worry about or have things power creeped?
>>
>>52430386
As a PC I did one where I spent advantage to shoot a gas cylinder in the wall, causing it to go off like a conc.
>>
>>52430386

Im currently trying to get my party to do this sorta narrative thing rather than just looking at the exact mechanical listings that ffg gave out.
It's kinda frustrating - I always narrate the 'i give the next pc a bonus' stuff by making something interesting happen, but theyre yet to start doing it particularly.
>>
>>52430437

Palp got the nerfhammer about three weeks ago, not quite the Orbital Nerfhammer that the Manaroo-Dengar build got, but a nerf sufficient enough that it's no longer the ONLY thing Imps are going to use.
X7 title got a needed nerf as well that turns the free evade into a free evade action, as long as you could ordinarily take an action.

So Stresshog and other stress mechanics are back in the fore, Zuckuss getting nerfed means that Agility 3 is a lot better now since he wont be on every Party Bus or that gamebreaking Dengaroo build any more so A-Wings and more Interceptors other than Fel or Jax might see more usage now.

TLT's sadly are if anything making a comeback, but that's where your fast Agility 3 fighters with Prockets and other bullshit come in.

Basically, the metas kind of open right now, we're between waves as well so there's nothing new to latch onto, so it's anyones guess where the meta is going to turn now.

I've been advocating TIE-Swarms led by Vader with Swarm Leader and ATC, because 4 Dice Attacks + 1 Free Crit at range 3 is disgusting for as long as your TIE Swarm survives. Vader WILL be a priority though, so you might want to trade that crack shot on one Black Squadron out for a Draw Their Fire, maybe?

I've also been experimenting with Expose Zuckuss with Dengar as a cute little reversal thing, and that actually works suprisingly well also.

Last week I went to a tournement with Jess, Poe and Ello Asty and finished 4th out of about 15, which was pretty good. I only lost 1 game and that was to the guy who (as I later discovered) finished 3rd the Yavin Open.

Seriously, Primed Thrusters + BB-8 on Poe is fucking amazing.

Sadly, Keyan Farlander is still not meta viable.
>>
>>52430437

The power of the nerf has come, Palp has been made less "I Win", Jumpmasters are still good but don't get their maximum jank lists, Fel has been severely hunted out of the meta with autodamage and stress.

TLT isn't dead, but as unfun as some people find it, it's in a pretty steady place but not in 4x TLT lists usually. You find it bundled into a stresshog or on a Ghost+Shuttle so it can get extra attacks (at the cost of sucking up a lot of points).

Bombs are pretty big right now, Rebels love bombs. Sabine makes all bombs good, and gives more bombs - but next wave Scum will get a heavy bomber too. Imps are still occasionally running palpaces, but triple ace/triple defenders is just as common, as is KyloRAC and the Upsilon + Aces/Swarm. And conventional TIE swarm might come back. Scum love mindlink, and Wave IX was very good to them with both the large and small base ships. But thanks to the newest epic box, Scyk swarm will totally be a thing soon.
>>
>>52430437
A lot of people are messing around with Kylo Ren so running low hull aces like Corran is a pretty big risk since he can just sneak two crits past all your shields and regen and put you out of the game stupid easy.
>>
>>52430936

I'd like to the TIE/SF get some more love. Backdraft with Adrenaline Rush and Accuracy Corrector is fucking hilarious if your time your S-Loop right.

I've seen some people trying out Quickdraw lists with mixed success as well. There was an interesting combo involving him and Youngster with Rage and Baffles but I could not for the life of me remember what it was exactly.
>>
>>52430994

Fun fact with Kylo Ren: Integrated Astromech works with the Card he gives you.

Did not realise that until someone mentioned it AFTER I'd finished that match where my opponent put it on Chirpy and proceeded to Blind me twice and put Ello down to PS0 in quicktime.
>>
>>52430766
>>52430936
>>52430994
So am I correct to assume that unless my meta is very casual my Corran/Dutch/Biggs list and my Fel/Howlrunner/Epsilon/Epsilon/Academy lists are dead in the water?

Should I just load up twin YT-1300 + Y-Wing or something else slow and solid?
>>
>>52431218

The second one might still work. The first one never should have worked in the first place and you have balls of steel for even considering it.
>>
>>52431218
I'm doing great competitively with Corran/Miranda. It's hard to fly, but it wins like a motherfucker if you're actually good at this game.
>>
>>52431218

Actually, Corran/Biggs/Dutch isn't too crazy. Ys are better with cheap generics to stresshog but they're not in a terrible place, and if you can fly Corran good he's still solid (but risky) and Biggs is consistently useful. The TIE Swarm jank is probably not great right now though. Empire has great pocket aces, don't be afraid to play around with that.

>>52431004

Oh yeah, with Lightweight frame, SFs are basically pocket defenders - but they have the system and tech slots. They're SUPER versatile. Backdraft and Quickdraw have been showing up in some lists above the cut this season.
>>
>>52431315
Y-wings have always seemed to me like they're in only slightly a less terrible place than B-wings which feel completely unusable.
>>
>>52431363

BBXXZ and BBBBX are still pretty good - it's only the B-Wing aces which sadly suffer a little - some of that though might require some non specific fixes.

Rebs need their x2 Torpedo upgrade for unlimited torps.
>>
>>52431475

Switch that last X for a Z there. Alphabet soup.
>>
>>52431475
I tried a BBXX list a while back and I went up against a kylopalp+defender+omega leader list and a double defender+striker list and both cleaned me off the board pretty effortlessly so I really question against what lists do they do well, especially when run without any upgrades to fit in a Z.
>>
>>52431563

Hm, interesting, interesting. Both of those lists aren't really meta movers and shakers, and I think maybe on the UPS palp might not be so fun since that's costly for now what you get. Can't say I'm sorry to see people running Strikers either - people were so salty when they previewed.

Kylo is bad for a lot of older rebel ships, the high shields low hull thing will get you.

Was this pre-FAQ? Generics to block x7s might make it more useful.
>>
>>52431648
It was actually the day after the FAQ and I was doing as much blocking as I could but that wasn't all that much since the X-wings got sniped pretty much instantly both games and the B-wings had circles flown around them by everything. I just feel like with the dial power creep it's damn near impossible to get B-wings into good positions when basically everything people run has sloops and t-rolls and maybe two red moves total and you can't even do fucking 3-banks safely.
>>
>>52431762
T65B's are pretty shitty in the current meta. Biggs was the last decent pilot and he's dead now. There's some good T-70 builds though.
>>
How big are your x-wing collections?
I've got 1 of each:
Core I X-wing
Core II T-70
HotR T-70
E-wing
B-wing
K-wing
HotR YT-1300
YT-2400

It's not much, but it's plenty to play with any of my competitive builds.
>>
>>52431983

>Biggs is dead
>Miranda/Biggs/Stresshog wins two System Opens
>>
>>52432502
3 core sets.
X wing.
Tie Fighter.
Tie Advanced
Tie Interceptor
Imperial Aces
A Wing
Y Wing
>>
>>52432638
Kylo Ren fucks Biggs pretty hard.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170329-204248.jpg (118KB, 1344x814px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-204248.jpg
118KB, 1344x814px
>>52432502
Just starting to get into scum and villainy
>>
File: Arden Lyn.jpg (243KB, 900x721px) Image search: [Google]
Arden Lyn.jpg
243KB, 900x721px
>>52429596
>>ArcSys fighting game

>Masters of Teräs Käsi but with Guilty Gear graphics and gameplay.

I, uh, I'll be in my bunk.
>>
>>52432502
I got old core, rebel aces, and one each of every small rebel ship.
>>
File: corran_horn_alt_art_web.jpg (17KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
corran_horn_alt_art_web.jpg
17KB, 300x254px
>>52432941
>Just starting
>>
>>52432885

You've got 4 health with IA and IA lets you ditch the faceup, Biggs isn't in any worse place than any other rebel ships. PS0 and skip an attack aren't as terribad for Biggs as they are for people like Corran and Rey. And if you're using the crit deck which removes your pilot ability that's your own fucking fault.
>>
>>52433027
must be my bad luck making me think Biggs is worse than he is. I've been struggling to win with anything other than Corran/Miranda.
>>
>>52432984
>tfw just now realizing how spacious that cockpit looks
If that's supposed to be an E-wing, then damn, E-wings are big.
>>
>>52433177
The cockpit on the E-wing is pretty tall on the model. It's long and has a pretty steep angle to it.
>>
>>52433138

Well, y'know, you fly what you know. #4 from last worlds was Fat Han+Jake, and that guy still flies his list. He knows it so well he can outfly guys using defenders or palp or whatever. If you know how to fly Corran/Miranda, that's what you know.

While I think Paul Heaver getting gud and still winning with a Biggs list means Biggs isn't dead, I also would agree if someone said that not everyone has the Paul Heaver level to put in to fly a Biggs.

But Kanan+Biggs is still a big list, System Opens aside. Kylo is rough, but I don't think he kills enough people hard enough yet to actually stop people from running the lists they know.
>>
>>52432502
One of everything and 2 of
>Phantoms
>interceptors
>defenders
>bombers
>adv prototype
>z95
>y wing
>scyk
and enough ties to run a full swarm on both sides
>>
File: kyle katarn-weapons.jpg (51KB, 443x373px) Image search: [Google]
kyle katarn-weapons.jpg
51KB, 443x373px
>>52432966
>tfw you play Dark Forces after a round of GGXrd and realize that Kyle Katarn would be Elphelt
>>
I'm more concerned what the Agressor and potentially TLT + Ruthlessness means for Biggs.
If that ship comes with a Generic with an EPT slot then you could take two with TLT's pop on Ruthlessness and you can be pretty sure of dealing 3-4 damage to Biggs and an extra 2 Damage to whatever it is he's defending. from range 3.

The Agressors dial will need to be absolute HORSESHIT to prevent that becoming completely obnoxious because if that PS4 Generic has an EPT slot, then he's going to be clocking in at 19pts and the build I've just listed at 28pts.
Scum TLT Y-Wings come in at 25, so at least that means the Imperial player can't spam 4 of them in this build. Two of them reach 56pts. Leaving 44pts to put on something else.

That's not a small amount, you could afford one big ace, or perhaps 2 smaller ships. But the potential plinking damage from RuthlessTLTs probably would make it worth it, and scour any potential for B-Wing generics making a resurgence from the meta.

Well, in theory anyway. Until we see the dial we won't know for sure. The big balancing thing with most TLT carriers (Y-Wings, HWK's and K-Wings) is that they handle like a brick in a sack, and looking at the Agressor I can't beleive it will be any different here.

Even Raith Seinar at his most drug addled couldn't love the look of that thing.
>>
>>52434557
The Aggressor generic is a PS5, so at least 20, and they might give it a point tax for the EPT, since so few turret carriers have them.

Honestly I'm not that worried about Ruthlessness Aggressors. They only get one proc even if they hit twice, and it has a really easy counter: don't put your ships at range one of each other. That includes your Biggs lists. Then your opponent is wasting a 3 point EPT. Expertise or Pred are far better cards.

Honestly 4 B-wings would laugh at 2 TLTs. Especially 2 agility 5 hit point TLTs. 4 3-die attacks should easily kill one a turn.
>>
>>52434557
>. The big balancing thing with most TLT carriers (Y-Wings, HWK's and K-Wings) is that they handle like a brick in a sack
whoa whoa whoa. The K-wing might be slow, but that nimble bitch gets white 2 turns. That's not that unwieldy
>>
>>52434789
>but that nimble bitch gets white 2 turns

So does the B-Wing and Y-Wing. White 2-Turns aren't that unusual. What the K-Wing gets is the SLAM, which does improve one of the key weakeness the others have, namely that if you get inside their donut from behind, then they're in real trouble.
But SLAM can work as a get out of jail for that. Sure, sooner or later you will run out of board, or there will be asteroids in the way, or he's wise to you now and placed other guys nearby but a turn or two more of TLT shots is worth a lot.
>>
>>52435126

Well, in as much trouble as a ship which has a PWT can be.
>>
>>52429837
>mfw no first person shooter where you're a stormtrooper

Multiple FPS games where you play a Jedi of all things, but very few outside of Battlefront that you let be an actual soldier.
>>
>>52424649
The Second Galactic Civil War.
>>
>>52435605

>we will never get Imperial Commando
>or Rebel Commando
>>
>>52424649
This is my main gripe so far with Disney's new canon.

The EU had lots of terrible shit, no one will deny that, but it still had lots of really good content too. I understand why Disney had to scrap all of it altogether. The EU itself was a continuity, quality, and coherency nightmare long before Lucas sold the franchise.

However, to remove 30 years of content, fiction, and worldbuilding of Star Wars was a very big move, and one that they should've had plans for on how to fill in that giant void they left.

Yes, you can still follow EU/Legends canon, but it's not being worked on anymore, and it's nice to see fresh content, so of course fans want to see good, new stuff.

So far, I'm extremely disappointed. Disney hasn't done anything to replace that massive amount of content lost. I get that it's only been 3-ish years, but we've had two major movies since then. Two movies in 3 years setting up the canon and exploring it.

TFA was tolerable at best, and that's mainly because it recycled ANH.

R1 in my honest opinion was terrible. I wanted to leave the theater 1/4 of the way through. It was just unbearably bad to me,

Rebels is a kid's show on Disney's TV channel. Nothing more, nothing less. It's cool they brought back Thrawn, but a low budget, G rating, and new writers really limit what they can do with Thrawn or Star Wars in general.

I hope they come up with something better, and I hope TLJ might "redeem" things, because tens of tens of millions of dollars, two movies, and three years later, I feel very letdown by Disney and their promise to "revive" the franchise.

It's like they came into a buffet restaurant, some really good food items, some really shit, stripped out the entire buffet, promised something better, then gave each patron a small plate of very mediocre and bland food.
>"See? Revived! Aren't you happy yet?"
>>
File: 1488741017825.jpg (52KB, 622x604px) Image search: [Google]
1488741017825.jpg
52KB, 622x604px
>>52435890
>Galactic Commando game in the style of Republic Commando
>two campaigns focusing on rebel commandos and imperial commandos akin to TIE Fighter and X-Wing
>culminating in a final battle where you fight the other side
>kickass multiplayer putting the two sides against each other
>maybe even a battle mode with npc troopers on both sides fighting a huge scale fight while the commandos of both teams go at each other Titanfall or For Honor style
>expansion pack comes along letting players also play as rebel or imperial aces in two new campaigns and a pvp dogfighting mode

>tfw this will never happen
>>
>>52430019
The one I saw was 22 pages, mostly of space lesbians.
>>
>>52436109

>space lesbians
Color me interested.
>>
>>52436011
What Battlefield should have been. Have they done anything since launch to actually make the game good?
>>
>>52436447

No.
Theyve actually made it *worse* since with the way the game works, the expansions are basically their own games inside the game.

So even if the entire playerbase owns every single dlc.
They operate as separate server lists anyway. So the playerbase is always split base game/dlc1/dlc2/dlc3/dlc4
>>
>>52436465
>>52436447
They're working on Battlefront 2 already.
Just EA pushing those boxes!
>>
anybody got drawfaggotry of alternative star wars blaster designs? I remember seeing this pic with a bunch of jankily reworked early 20th century guns that made great star wars guns but I forgot to save it
>>
>>52436447
>>52436465
Splitting DLC server lists was one of the worst mistakes EA made with NuBattlefront.
>>
>>52436109

The 100 page one is NPCs and landscapes, it's okay and once you start rolling through it it has more than what you'd find searching artstation on your own.
>>
>>52436787

Its just so retarded, it serves literally no purpose.
>>
File: DL-44 Tacticool.jpg (48KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
DL-44 Tacticool.jpg
48KB, 500x350px
>>52436738
I got a tacticool DL-44 but that's about it
>>
>>52436856
Appreciated.
>>
>>52436998
that's just a shitty keltec gun not an original kitbash
>>
>>52436998
>>52437074
>implying half the Star Wars guns aren't barely modified
>>
>>52435964
A big issue is that a lot of the buffet customers were REALLY, REALLY vocal about the bad shit, only cared about the main courses, or are newcomers who heard about the good stuff of the buffet. It's kind of a given with any well-loved cinematic trilogy: film buffs will frown on EU bullshit, and I can't blame them, even if they're assholes.
>>
>>52437174
When you go to a buffet though you don't have to get the food you don't like. If you just want the original wings the buffet got famous for you can just get the wings, you don't have to get the salads. Now that's not even an option, all anyone can get is fries.
>>
>>52437174
>>52437233
The EU and its loosely coherent "take it with a grain of salt" approach worked. Eat the good food, skip the shit.

Now it's "eat these fucking fries and nothing else and you better be grateful"
>>
>>52437233
Yeah, that's my big issue with film purists. Like, EU was made to be easily ignored, but the very presence of every moronic rehashed plotpoint and bad guy meant everything beyond the films were bad to them.

I mean, I'm a huge fan of RLM, but the Darth Vader mock video was a lightning rod for everyone to shit on how much they didn't care that the Death Star gunner was hurting inside, or Grevious kicking ass, or how Anakin and Mace Windu were made not-shitty in EU.

Maybe I'm just butthurt because T. rex chinese dragons that power their tech via ripping out souls is no longer canon.
>>
>>52435964
And then you have things like Ryloth and Mandalore that go out of their way to shit on the EU, people try to reconcile old with new, and you come out with a fucking mess.
>>
File: 1490745253392.jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490745253392.jpg
51KB, 960x540px
>>52435964
How in the fuck was Rogue 1 bad yet TFA was passable? Are you serious?
>>
>>52437417
> Grevious kicking ass, or how Anakin and Mace Windu were made not-shitty

Aren't those things still canon thanks to TCW though?
>>
>>52437489
TFA was bretty gud and Rogue One unwatchable IMO
It's not an uncommon set of opinions.
>>
File: 1490308766834.png (142KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
1490308766834.png
142KB, 400x372px
>>52437174
>>52437233
>>52437293
>food analogies
>>
>>52437539
>>52437489
Weird, I found TFA "watchable, in a brainless sort of way" and Rogue One "All right, bar a few really dumb and groanworthy bits and the fact that the plot was hilariously malformed". Which places Rogue One just slightly above TFA for me, even if it's a 43/100 and a 48/100 or so.
>>
>>52437493
Oh, yeah. Wait, does Grevious do anything like he did in the hand-drawn Clone Wars? I thought that was no longer canon?
>>
>>52437587
>does Grevious do anything like he did in the hand-drawn Clone Wars?
From what I've seen of Clone Wars, Grievous' general modus operandi is "Bitch incessantly at Dooku, kill his own men out of spite, and then run away shaking his fists at the Jedi".
>>
>>52437587
He doesn't get anywhere near Genndy Clone Wars level but he does do exponentially more cool stuff than he did in Episode 3, i.e. any at all. Mostly he menaces Ahsoka a few times and kills a couple clones.
>>
File: 1489856284008.jpg (41KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
1489856284008.jpg
41KB, 332x443px
>>52437539
Oh really? It's definitely the plebians opinion with out a shadow of a doubt.
>>
File: 1488230044824.jpg (228KB, 1493x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1488230044824.jpg
228KB, 1493x1195px
>>52437539
>>52437586
I really would like to know what parts of R1 and tfa you liked and disliked. Most of /co/ hated tfa and loved r1 and most of /tv/ who aren't shitposting liked tfa while disliked r1.
>>
>>52437693
R1, overall, I liked some of the ambiguity and the spy-movie plot, though the entire Saw Gererra subplot can go die in a ditch for wasting everybody's goddamn time. I liked the Force Monks as an idea, and generally it was a fun ride. The repeated "Hope" motif was dumb as hell, especially "Rebellions are built on hope!~"
TFA was a fucking mess, fun to watch in motion, but the second you actually think about it and look at the seams it falls apart into a mess of stupid. Abrams is a goddamn hack.
>>
>>52437595
He kills a few Jedi and clones, goes back and forth on being BTFO by or beating protagonists, and is generally childish, spiteful, malicious, and a dirty coward.
>>
File: zoinks.jpg (67KB, 344x453px) Image search: [Google]
zoinks.jpg
67KB, 344x453px
>>52437761
Remember when Grievous killed Shaggy? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
>>
>>52437489
I liked Rogue One well enough but can see why people might not like it. The first half drags a fair bit and Jyn & Cassian are flat characters.

TFA is passable because ANH's plot is good, but once the afterglow is gone, you realize its just ANH's plot in a setting that completely undermines ROTJ's victory, and that leaves a bad taste.

Rogue One at least works well as a sourcebook of ideas and plot hooks even if the movie itself falters. From a /tg/ perspective, its a superior film.

Plus, dat Battle of Scarif.

tl;dr: TFA is competently average but forgettable while R1 induces strong feelings of like or dislike. YMMV.
>>
>>52437489
TFA took on a new time and setting that I was unfamiliar with, a brand new area of post-Endor to explore. It fucked a lot up, but at least it was contained in its new setting.

R1 took my favorite era, the GCW, and fucked a lot of things up, hurting the setting I loved and making lots of bad decisions with it.

Like if you see someone fucking up someone else's car, yeah it's shitty and dumb and it sucks for that person but at least it's not happening to you and it may be remotely entertaining to watch for pure morbid curiosity (TFA).

Then the fucker comes over and starts fucking up your car and destroying the thing you love or hold dear and you get pissed off but there's nothing you can do to stop it because the guy had the support and protection of a gigantic media conglomerate that just bought the rights to your car.
>>
>>52437761
>>52437772
TCW was a very inconsistent and hit or miss show but I'll be damned if they didn't make Grievous a fucking joke 95% of the time.

It was almost as bad as Vader's suit being a walking coffin and the Emperor being deceived by the almighty power of Woodoo hide.
>>
>>52437779
>a setting that completely undermines ROTJ's victory

That's the one thing that really bothered me. It should have been a movie about keeping the peace, or just finding Luke. The Dark Side lost, it shouldn't be powerful enough to build a Death Star+
>>
>>52437807
TFA did absolutely nothing new and the timeline didn't feel any different from OT except no Vader or Emperor just shitty copycat versions. And how in the fuck did Rogue one shit on the GCW?
>>
>>52437761
>>52437772
desu i prefer "hardass honorable multi-armed motherfucker" of a fuckboy. I don't care if it's canon anymore ;-;
>>
>>52437877

It provided a bunch of bland, unlikable, one-note characters. Even Vader became nothing but comic relief until the end, and the cringetastic fucking dubbed-in post-production line of "Don't choke on your ambitions". Krennic was so boring and uninteresting and seemed to be nothing more than a punching bag. Jyn, No-Eye Samurai, Hombre, and Blackman were all boring, one-note, bland characters. Jyn was slightly more Mary Sue'd than Rey in some ways.

The plot accomplished nothing at all. The Battle of Scarif felt out of place, boring, and uninteresting, and it dragged on way too long.

The Empire was made to look grossly incompetent. Star Destroyers blew up like they were made of cotton, Stormtroopers acted like they had their brains removed, and the "rivalry" between Tarkin and Krennic played up this unrealistic, cartoony mustache-twirling idiocy that made it indeed feel more like a movie for little kids rather than for Star Wars fans.

That may be the ultimate problem. R1 was supposed to be much darker, more morally ambiguous, and more serious. Disney didn't like it and demanded they rewrite it at the last moment. What we get is an extremely incoherent and tonally inconsistent family flick with out of place dark elements and multiple shoehorned-in jokes and unfunny comic relief. For all their effort at making it lighter-toned but still appealing to fans, I not only hated it as a fan but never laughed at any of the humor Well, only once.

No-Eye Samurai getting a bag over his head and exclaiming "Are you kidding me? I'm blind!" was actually genuinely funny, and maybe the only moment of actual merit in the entire movie.
>>
>>52437934
>I don't care if it's canon

This is the right attitude.
>>
>>52437693
Rogue one was just a big dumb action movie with a star wars skin. It didn't feel right and none of the characters gave me any reason to give a fuck about them other than "they need to do this so Star Wars can happen"
>>
File: RogueSquadronPilots.jpg (201KB, 988x1016px) Image search: [Google]
RogueSquadronPilots.jpg
201KB, 988x1016px
>>52438015
I just wish the movie hadn't misused the Rogue callsign. When OTfags and old Star Wars fans heard "Rogue One," the immediate implication was fighter pilots and regular Rebel grunts, not secret squirrel special agents doing spy shit. The film didn't even establish a connection to the ESB Rogues. Thanks to the movie, the Rogue name is probably tainted, too. We may never see the Rogue name return to its rightful owners or genre.
>>
>>52437970
Vader has always had a sense of humor and while I agree that pun was lame don't act like Vader doesn't do black comedy all the damn time.

If you weren't a casual and read catalyst you would know that Krennic is one of the most complex and well written villians in Star Wars

They got the death star plans one and Scariff showed that you can fight the empire. Also the empire is far more competent in R1 than they were in any movie other than esb. Your complaints are the only childish thing I've seen. And how are SDs any worse here than when a fucking Awing disabled the Executor?
>>
>>52437970
>vader saying don't choke on your aspirations
oh so Vader welcoming Han Solo and asking if he would care to join wasn't actually canon. or maybe him choking one of his officers to death than saying 'apology accepted'. or vader informing Jerjerodd on DSII that the emperor isn't as forgiving as he is. you might not like it but that shit was in the the OT and GCW already.

I would have to disagree on Krennic, I feel he was great, that comes down to personal opinion though. I can understand not enjoying someone who shouldn't have gotten that high in imperial command having his nose rubbed into it by every superior who won't let him reach any higher than he has.

I would also have to disagree on your opinions about Chirrut, Baze, and Bodhi. They were simple characters, sure, but they needed to be because we weren't going to have another movie with them. for their simplicity they worked well. Kinda agree on Jyn and Cassian though.

If your entire judgement of the plot is "did something new happen" I can understand how the movie could be frustrating. R1 felt more like a demonstration of how the alliance unites and gets past the bickering we see at the start. we knew how it'd end, even if we were missing a few details.

As to your complaints about the empire, yeah, the empire is incompetent. I think you're over exaggerating it in terms of Star destroyers, since we see Vader's destroy almost the entire rebel fleet when he catches them in a crossfire, and I think Krennic and Tarkin as noted earlier were great.

I think R1 at its core was more morally ambiguous. The rebellion conscripts Jyn purely out of self interest and with no care as to who she is, and is comfortable ordering the execution of her father to try and disrupt the death star. We're shown how little life can be valued by either side, and its very clear that at the end of the day while the rebellion is morally 'right' they aren't the greatest people in all their forms either.
>>
>>52438192
>Vader has always had a sense of humor and while I agree that pun was lame don't act like Vader doesn't do black comedy all the damn time.
THIS.Vader's whole schtick is that he does dark wordplay
>>
>>52438169
Rogue Squadron is still canon. They were named after the group who sacrificed themselves to steal DS plans.
>>
>>52438192
>executor losing its shield generator power and an a-wing getting shot down and its wreckage careening into the executor's bridge in a million to one scenario which resulted in the destruction of the bridge
>same thing as SDs being weak

>>52438214
>>52438217

Additionally, I didn't read Catalyst as I'm not a casual and don't need to delve into terrible fanfiction tripe with the likes of Wendig and others. If you do, fine by me, but from what R1 shows, Krennic is a horrible villain that isn't even threatening or intimidating in the slightest.

Likewise, Vader makes maybe two quips in all of ANH and ESB. I remember him telling Solo he'd be honored for them to join us. He says "As you wish" and "Don't act so surprised, your highness" in a sarcastic tone. He also says "Apology accepted". This is much different from his R1 portrayal when he CONSTANTLY is using a snarky, passive-aggressive tone and is CONSTANTLY making jokes just like every other character on screen. Vader's dark humor in the OT works because of how sparse it is. R1 it fails because it turns Vader into a clown.
>>
>>52438169
I think if there's a drop in the quality and the audience starts drifting away, Disney will be more than willing to dip deeper into the good parts of the EU.

Its similar to Marvel, only Kevin Feige seems to run a tighter ship. The "bad" Marvel movies to be forgettably okay at worst and the good ones keep things fresh so the audience knows they're in for a generally satisfying value for their dollar.

Marvel comics on the other hand, are seeing tanking sales and a need to "get back to basics" since doubling down on identity politics drove away its core audience and they're not drawing in young readers.

So far, NuCanon has been fair to middling with a few Wendig and EA-shaped stinkers and a bunch of competent but not earth-shaking installments. (Han's death lands with a thud in comparison to Vader's ESB bombshell) Episode 8 is a big question mark since they're being tight lipped and Untitled Han Solo Origin Movie raised a huge red flag with "And you'll finally find out what Han's REAL name is!"

The family audience and nostalgiabux will carry NuCanon for a while, but without a few home runs I don't know how far that can carry it.
>>
File: rogue squadron.jpg (1MB, 2556x1068px) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron.jpg
1MB, 2556x1068px
>>52438229
That still doesn't make as much sense as just making up the callsign on the spot, a la Legends. Why would Luke and Wedge give a shit about the R1 cast or the events at Scarif? The Scarif Rogues weren't pilots, Luke didn't know any of them, and Scarif Red 2 may not have even been Wedge. Naming the Hoth Rogues after the Scarif Rogues in-universe doesn't feel appropriate when the second generation's founders have no meaningful connection to the first.
>>
>>52438389
>The "bad" Marvel movies to be forgettably okay at worst
You say that, but Iron Man 3 was a fucking dumpster fire of a movie, and Doctor Strange was mediocre at best.
>>
>>52438169

I was so disappointed when I found out it wasnt going to be a film about Rogue Squadron.
LIke, I saw that title - especially with the original teaser we saw which was literally just like TIE sounds and some yelling - and I lost my shit.
I was so fucking hype for a Rogue Squadron film.

And then it wasnt that at all.
I still liked the film, but disappointed regardless at lack of Rogue Squadron.
>>
>>52438398

It definitely wasn't Wedge, Wedge never saw DS1 before. He was going to be in the fight until the audio guys continuity checked themselves.
>>
>>52438351
Holy shit you are talking out of your ass! Vader made one joke in r1 while vader made multiple jokes in each ot film. And only 2 SDs went down in r1. The first was disabled after having one it's shield generators destroyed and then it was powered down after an entire Squadron of Ywings bombed it with ion torpedoes. Than the SD was pushed into another SD that was right next to it. What the fuck was wrong with that compared to the Executor's destruction? You kind of sound like like an Empire loving edgelord.
>>
>>52438409
Meh, opinions. I personally disliked IM2 and Incredible Hulk more than IM3, but I also really like Shane Black.

Guardians of the Galaxy ended up being a more fun and exciting Star Wars movie than either TFA or R1 because it got the tone right.

>>52438424
I know that feel, bro.

>>52438351
>I'm not a casual and don't need to delve into terrible fanfiction tripe with the likes of Wendig and others.
Diving face first into supplemental materials is the opposite of casual. More people have seen the movies than they've ever heard of Wendig.
>>
File: 1489342142589.jpg (114KB, 623x626px) Image search: [Google]
1489342142589.jpg
114KB, 623x626px
>>52438478
>you sound like an empire-loving edgelord

Here we go gents. Get the popcorn.

And you thought you'd escape it from the last thread.
>>
>>52438436
>It definitely wasn't Wedge, Wedge never saw DS1 before.
Right, I forgot about that. Damn. And here I was hoping for nucanon to revive the pre-ANH part of his backstory. I liked the Legends comics that showed him having adventures with Biggs, Porkins, and Dreis as the original pre-Yavin Reds.
>>
File: jabba1.jpg (24KB, 400x168px) Image search: [Google]
jabba1.jpg
24KB, 400x168px
>>52438351
Catalyst is an extremely well written book that has absolutely zero to do with Wendig who wasn't the author. So yeah you pretty much are a casual.
>>
>>52438530

It wasn't by Wendig, but it still included loads of shitter material from an author whose only Star Wars claim to fame is NJO, which wasn't even very good.
>>
>>52438501
Hardly bait. I actually like both the empire and the rebellion but the anon I am replying too sounds like an edgy teenager who is upset that the Empire didn't win every single battle despite the fact the empire got shit on worse in ANH and especially ROTJ.
>>
>>52438590
All it takes is one off-handed comment about someone being an "edgelord" or "rebeltard" for the fanboys to get riled up and start another thread war.

It's too late.

This is the future you chose.
>>
>>52437754
>>52437840
My brain turned off shortly after Starkiller fired and never turned back on. That one scene managed to condense everythig wrong with both the story and JJ's filmmaking into one blinding overdose.
>>
>>52438622
I also think there's lulls between new shit to discuss or OC goofiness like Raithposting so we devolve into tribal shitposting.
>>
>>52437970
>/tv/ memeing this hard
Last time I checked, Disney suggested the reshooting to make it darker and kill the main cast.
>>
>>52438501
>wah wah wah stop making FUN of the Empire rebel scum!!!!
>>
>>52438738
No, they ordered it reshot to make it lighter.

>>52438746
>wah wah wah stop LIKING the Empire and LIKING something i DISLIKE you edgelord faggot!!!
>>
>>52438771
>No, they ordered it reshot to make it lighter.
The reshoots resulted in the scene where Cassian kills the rebel spy and the whole cast dying. How did it make the movie lighter?
>>
>>52438807
He is a memer from /tv/ disregard his dumbass bait
>>
This is why we don't put "Star Wars General" in the thread title.
>>
>>52438845
THIS. Stop making this rookie mistake, OP
>>
>>52429812
>I'm pretty sure the mod tools to get a functioning Star Wars game in Stellaris are already there.
I wouldn't recommend it. Stellaris is pathetically shallow for a 4X game. Especially in comparison to Paradox's own past libraries.
Yes, there are more than one mods already that give you Star Wars ships. They're just broken beyond all belief compared to the computer unless you do a total overhaul, but then you're still playing the same clunky space game with a completely new coat of paint.
>>
>>52438807
>>52438827
http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-reshoots-2/

How fucking dense are you? You don't even have to be from /tv/ to remember the controversy over Disney calling R1 "too dark".
>>
>>52438827
Lol, /tv/ comes to /tg/ to talk star wars.

Anyhow, I'm a new dm trying to get into edge of the empire, I've already generated some hype for a new campaign and ordered the game master's guide. Are there any online resources I should check out to further my understanding of the system?
>>
>>52438882
Tell me what shots were redone to make the tone lighter or STFU.
>>
>>52438882
That article is blatantly false and it you couldn't tell from the beginning you should after they said the reshoots involved a young han solo
>>
>>52438888
Did you check the pastebin? Also the ffg forums also have some sources I believe.
>>
>>52438882
Your article links to another article in the Hollywood Reporter which itself says "sources have confirmed" with regards to reshoots to make the movie lighter and then claims that this story ran originally in the New York Post.

Referencing this article:

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/30/disney-execs-in-a-panic-over-upcoming-star-wars-film/

However, this article claims that

“The filmmaking team and the studio always anticipated additional shooting and second unit work to make the film the absolute best it can be, and the actors were aware there would be additional shooting. Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie and we have a responsibility to the franchise and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can.”

which makes no mention of your article's claim:

"Reportedly the tone of the Star Wars movie was more that of a traditional war drama, and the reshoots will attempt to “lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.” When we reported this news yesterday, we guessed that the tone might be a problem, mostly based on the somber first trailer, so it’s good to hear it’s not something more troublesome."

But does say:

"It was announced earlier this month that Edwards would not direct “Godzilla 2” later this year, and would instead “focus on smaller films.” But the movie insider told us, “Gareth’s work on the first ‘Godzilla’ [which came out in 2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster. But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.” "

nor the claim supposedly confirmed in the Hollywood Reporter's article:

"The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure"
>>
>>52438903
>>52438933
>it's blatantly false because i said so and you should be able to tell

The majority of jokes and dubbed-in lines ("Don't choke on your ambitions") are due to the reshoots. Removed were scenes of tones of Imperial sympathy. Krennic also had multiple scenes cut.
>>
>>52438965
I did actually come to the pastebin first but I wanted to know more about telling a star wars story from here.
>>
>>52439030
They also added rebels killing each other and the main cast dying at the end.
So much brighter.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 134x120px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 134x120px
>>52439030
>"Don't choke on your ambitions"
He can't even get the line right. He doesn't get the double entendre
>>
>>52439062
Those were not new additions.
>>
>>52439030
>Don't choke on your ambitions
>>
>>52439125
Cassian killing the other rebel in the early part of the film was added in reshoots.

The main cast originally escaped scarif.
>>
>>52439081
>>52439129
>hahahahaha he misquoted a shitty joke line for babies in a shitty movie for casual audiences hahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1480798654314.png (709KB, 704x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1480798654314.png
709KB, 704x1249px
Lets not forget that as standalone films (not just as STAR WARS movies) TFA has the most going for it. The people who hate it are the ones who don't seem to care that the acting and energy onscreen was enough to propel it past "just a remake of ANH". The anon who described R1 as a Star Wars action movie was right. Despite the great cinematography and action sequences (the bare minimum for the movie to even be passable), the characters and plot fell pretty flat. Edwards rarely shows interest in directing actors (as seen in Monsters and Godzilla) but he can make things look good. TFA playing it safe was a good call in my opinion, even if the new edgy opinion is to hate it. I remember when most of the buzz for TFA was positive.
>>
>>52439154
We get it, you didn't get the actual joke. You think that the word "choke" was the punchline.
>>
>tfw all you want to do is play edge of the empire but you're going to have to run it if it ever gets played because forever GM
>>
>>52439157
My man. I agree with you 100%.
Good to know there are still good guys in this general.
>>
>>52439165
>he didnt get the actual joke it was actually GONE SEXUAl like kekaku said xD

is this raw autism
>>
>>52437970
"Choke on your aspirations," and it's a fantastic line in character with Vader's black humor. Shit, a joke like this is one of the first things he does in ANH.
>>
Eat a snickers tg
>>
>>52439157
>TFA playing it safe was a good call in my opinion,
It really was. Because there was absolutely NO way it would ever live up to the hype and expectations of the fanbase. It would never be accepted as great, so it had to be competent. Which it pulled off.
There will always been whiners complaining about everything to sound cool on the anonymous Korean cave carving board, but they rarely back up their opinions with anything but calling the director a hack.
>>
File: snickers-thumb.jpg (17KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
snickers-thumb.jpg
17KB, 780x439px
>>52439297
WHY?
>>
File: caramedge of the yumpire.jpg (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
caramedge of the yumpire.jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
>>52439297
Ayyyy
>>
File: IMG_1350.jpg (198KB, 1490x804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1350.jpg
198KB, 1490x804px
>>52439297
I'm already halfway through one, anon. Wish I could split it with this crossboard shitposter we've picked up though, he could use some blood sugar.
>>
File: 4D6-J-A7.png (349KB, 342x504px) Image search: [Google]
4D6-J-A7.png
349KB, 342x504px
sexy droids
>>
File: 1490759004724.png (380KB, 691x470px) Image search: [Google]
1490759004724.png
380KB, 691x470px
>>52439420
>anyone who dislikes rogue one is a /tv/ troll
>>
>>52439421

>sexy and she knows it gril droid

>>52439420

Gonna do a post Endor warlord and need a look, that crazy destroyer design could be it. Thanks anon.
>>
File: IMG_0764.jpg (787KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0764.jpg
787KB, 1080x1080px
>>52439455
It doesn't really matter to me what you dislike if all you do to communicate your feelings is greentext incessantly.

Like this:
>he didn't enjoy the battle of Scarif
>>
>>52422480
What are your favorite builds for Quickdraw?

I'm having fun with (Predator, Advanced Sensors, LWF, Choice of tech)-39

But I don't know if Weapons Guidance or Sensor Cluster are better. I also don't know what pairs well with him.

Thoughts on Quickdraw?
>>
>>52439550
The implication that not liking Rogue One means you're a troll is still a stupid one.
>>
>>52431218
Biggs+Gold Squadron+Corran is a top-tier list, and that's just changing the pilot of your Y-wing.

Biggs with R4-D6 and Integrated Astromech-26

Gold Squadron with Twin Laser Turret, R3-A2, and BTL-A4- 26

Corran with R2-D2, Fire Control Systems, Engine Upgrade, and Push the Limit-48.
>>
>>52439157
Bullshit since Carrie and Ford obviously phoned their performances in, Ridley can't act period, Boyega was good, and Isaac was underused. The film was not a bad movie but despite techniqually being better than the prequels didn't have a single hype moment in the whole film compared to either the OT or PT.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>52439758
>didn't have a single hype moment in the whole film compared to either the OT or PT.

TRAITOR!
>>
This general is fucking awesome as long as nobody talks about the fucking movies themselves.
can we have another convo about trioculus instead?
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>52439846
Trioculus for XWM/Armada/Galaxy of Heroes/Rebels/Smash when?
>>
>>52439758
>didn't have a single hype moment in the whole film
didn't care for the Falcon flying on Jakku? or literally any of the other set pieces? The OT movies had relatively few set pieces compared to TFA which was set piece after set piece.
>>
>>52439827
That wasn't hype at all. Somewhat humorous buy definitely not hype.
>>
>>52439887
If I win the 2018 worlds, and I'm gonna try my damnedest, you will have Trioculus as a crew option in XWM.
>>
>>52431218
Do you have Most Wanted ?
>>
File: trioculus under the sea.png (110KB, 359x549px) Image search: [Google]
trioculus under the sea.png
110KB, 359x549px
>>52439918
Have you considered proselytizing the word of our three-eyed savior to the rest of the professional circuit? Winning converts should increase the chances of Trioculizing XWM.
>>
>>52439846
I really love that one article series on warlords where they are trying their absolute best to present the events of Jedi Prince in the same serious historical style as the rest but can't quite keep it together
>>
>>52439900
When I mean hype I mean shit like the battle of Yavin, Luke vs Vader on Bespin, Maul igniting his double bladed lightsaber on Naboo, Windu and friends confronting Sheev on Coruscant and many other examples. TFA didn't have anything like that at all. Instead it had shit like boring ass TIE fighters that look the same as the originals, Rey mind tricking a ST on her second try and some fake Yoda wannabe urging a untrained kid to wield a lightsaber against trained stormtroopers.
>>
>>52439963
I've posted about it here on /swg/ before, I think it's why so many (11?) /swg/ guys follow me on youtube.
I know there's more than just me with this goal in the 2018 tourney circuit, so that's cool.
I'm hoping (praying, really) that my youtube gets enough traction for my message of "For Trioculus!" to mean something to more people by the time the tourney rolls around.
>>
>>52439984
>>Windu and friends confronting Sheev on Coruscant not

>> Anakin vs Obiwan in the hottest showdown ever

as the hype moment of episode 3
>>
>>52439984
>When I mean hype I mean shit like nostalgia
I think you're gonna have to give it time
>>
File: 1487106644738.jpg (25KB, 486x412px) Image search: [Google]
1487106644738.jpg
25KB, 486x412px
>>52439984
>>52440022
>calling palpatine sheev

I know it's ironic, I know it's a meme, but this has got to stop.
>>
>>52439918
>>52439887
>>52439963

Chumbalaya is /ourguy/ and said if he wins the Coruscant Invitational, that Trioculus is getting made.

Chumbalaya, if you are reading this- attempt to convince the other people at the invitational to accept the truths of the Dark Book of Imperial Justice and let Trioculus into their gloves/eyes.
>>
>>52440043
Assuming Trioculus gets a spot before I (hopefully) win the 2018 worlds, I'll be trying to get a Trainer A-Wing title made that lowers the A-wing's hull by 1 and gives it a passenger slot.
>>
>>52440040
I actually prefer to call him palpy , good ole grand palpy , always sittin on his space porch and trying to murder all the space buddhists.
>>
>>52440040
Your newness is showing.
On this general, he is Sheev.
>>
>>52439758
>ridley can't act
e;r called and said let's be shitbags together

Anyway, it's a shame Disney forced the reshoots, it looks and feels like a completely different movie with different characters. Scarif was the only thing that redeemed the movie - everything else was boring, tired, and with attempts at moral grayness so fashionable in the wake of GoT/ASOIAF.
>>
File: 1489816441553.png (2MB, 800x1883px) Image search: [Google]
1489816441553.png
2MB, 800x1883px
>>52440022
Yeah that was hype as well
>>52440038
No not really because R1 had plenty of hype moments like Chirrut kicking ass, the battle of Scariff, Death Star firing, Vader's SD warping in and watching rebel ships crashing into it and of course Vader killing mooks with style.
>>
>>52440061
No, you have to add the rest of the Mofference/The Glove of Darth Vader then.

Trioculus commands it to be so!
>>
File: wraith squadron cover.jpg (176KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron cover.jpg
176KB, 508x800px
>>52440098
And after that, Wraith Squadron.
>>
>>52440095
>R1 had plenty of hype moments
you're misremembering then. Chirrut was one of the worst characters of a shitty, forgettable cast, and his one fight scene was just cringey in a star wars movie. It felt like watching a weeb's SW fanfic.
>>
>>52440088
I don't like that faggot ER and I disagree with him on most things but Ridley's acting isn't one of them. I do think she has potential though and I hope that she does well in TLJ.
>>52440040
His canon name is literally Sheev Palpatine
>>
File: Treason.gif (617KB, 664x550px) Image search: [Google]
Treason.gif
617KB, 664x550px
>>52439984
> Windu and friends confronting Sheev on Coruscant

Honestly that scene was only really good for the memes.

Darth Maul's fight was fucking great and came as a climactic part of the ending. Hell, it even came with the only prequel theme that even competed with Imperial March and the Star Wars theme.

Also speaking of good parts. The first 34 seconds of Revenge of the Sith are fucking good too.
>>
File: hera-syndulla-4_b01cdcaf.jpg (324KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hera-syndulla-4_b01cdcaf.jpg
324KB, 800x450px
>>52440121
You have no idea what a weeb is do you newfag?
>>
>>52440142
Battle of Heroes was pretty fucking good too my friend
>>
File: tumblr_lqkpboBmwb1qatgt2o1_500.jpg (387KB, 477x682px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqkpboBmwb1qatgt2o1_500.jpg
387KB, 477x682px
>>52440184
Are you the guy who won't let me run my gunslinger/gambler?
>>
>>52439157
>godzilla was poorly directed
>>
>>52440166
Sure but Duel of Fates blew it out of the water, the vast majority of people will remember it over Battle of Heroes. I'm blame it on Duel of Fates being less busy in its composition, there's so much going on in Battle of Heroes, while Duel of Fates sticks with its own limited palette, Battle of Heroes just keeps cramming in more shit.
>>
>>52440184
I have every second tuesday.
>>
>>52439887
>Smash

Oh god jesus I audibly kekked
I want it
>>
>>52440108

>new X-Wing ace
>Kell Tainer
>Until Kell is fired upon by the enemy, replace his model and cards with the Millenium Falcon.
>>
>>52440166
>>52440286
Actually I wanna add, the Confederacy March and Trade Federation were also both great.
>>
>>52440284
Not to get off topic it absolutely was compared to Shin Godzilla at least
>>
>>52440121
>weeb
Not a weeb thing, but I agree that he was one of the worst characters. Especially his wuxia inspired bo-staff/bow-staff thing. His mantra was shit as well.
>>
So what was the republic's reaction to the events of episode three after a few years later?

What did they think when basically the Jedi order that has protected them for 1,000 years got exterminated and the republic went under new manegement by a fucking sith lord?
>>
>>52440483
I think between propaganda and years of jedi-darksider wars leading to nothing a number of people probably didn't miss them.
>>
File: 1480745771824.jpg (21KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
1480745771824.jpg
21KB, 281x301px
>>52440284
I literally said it was the acting that was poorly directed. Visually it was fine but part of a director's job is to get the actors to put out good performances. Oscar-award-nominee Felicity Jones obviously struggled to find motivation in certain scenes from R1 due to lack of direction from Edwards.
>>
File: Super Moff Vitality.jpg (13KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
Super Moff Vitality.jpg
13KB, 680x400px
>>52440483
Sheev's a master manipulator and knows the value of media. He sure as hell wouldn't advertise that he was a Sith Lord. So all the official holonet sources would be saying that it was a Jedi conspiracy, Jedi assassination attempt that scarred him up, and that the Jedi hacked the election or whatever.

Repeat ad infinitum until any dissenting voices get treated as crazy conspiracy theorists not worth giving the time of day.
>>
>>52440568
Yea, it was crazy how everyone ate that propaganda up.

Did the senate not figure out that palpatine = sith; so he probably lied out his ass?

fucking hell.
>>
>>52440609

What were they gonna do at that point?
Complaining probably meant you had a fantastic chance of disappearing.
>>
>>52440040
Go back to whatever shitty place you came from
/co/?
>>
>>52439758
I'd say the existence of TFA, build up of excitement/ anticipation, and initial theater experience was worthy of being called hype. But this is personal and seen on more of an individual level.
>>
>>52440040
I personally love calling him Sheev even though I think Palpatine alone stands as the coolest Star Wars name.
>>
File: 1490709398495.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1490709398495.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>52440473
>>
>>52440609
It's my headcanon that the senate initially played along with Palps because he gave him what they wanted, ending the war, nationalizing most of the money-grabbing trade/banking/techno unions and removing generations of red tape overnight. Only people who were strongly concerned about democracy, like Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, or people actively shit on, like the wookiees, cared about going back to the old ways.
>>
>>52440483
>>52440591
>>52440609
>>52440635
A large number of the galaxy's people either didn't respect Jedi, distrusted and/or feared them, or hated them outright. It wasn't like the Jedi were universally loved. Even some people in the Imperial government hated Vader simply because of his Force abilities, or mocked him. Force users in general have never won any galactic popularity contests.
>>
I have the strange feeling that I'm the only Tyber Zann fan here.
>>
>>52440770
Nah I love corruption and corrupting both good and bad guys
>>
File: Sevrance_tann.jpg (12KB, 260x180px) Image search: [Google]
Sevrance_tann.jpg
12KB, 260x180px
>>52440770
I like Sev'rance Tann.
>>
File: 1488937399560.png (335KB, 1920x881px) Image search: [Google]
1488937399560.png
335KB, 1920x881px
>>52440745
>>
>>52440821
God damn it anon, it's 5:21 in the morning and I was heading to bed but now my sides are too fucking destroyed.
>>
File: 1487963588347.gif (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1487963588347.gif
4MB, 720x404px
>>52440591
>You may have heard of the Living Force, the Cosmic Force, and the Unifying Force, but what the Jedi haven't told you is that there is another crucial aspect of the Force: Brain Force. The Brain Force may be with you now for a limited-time discount at the Info Star Wars store for only 500 credits.
Goddamn, I'd love to see Info Star Wars become a thing. Moisture vaporator salesmen fighting the Imperialist propaganda machine would be funny as hell.
>>
>>52423279
But most of the weapons in EAfront are in the films. Hell I think all of them are besides the Semi-auto T-21 variant (That for some retarded reason has a shorter barrel) and the guns added as a tribute to Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast
>>
>>52440928

Oh yeah sure, but im a terrible shot.
So I wouldnt be one of the guys given a marksman blaster.
Just a generic rifle or heavy blaster.
>>
>>52440924
>The Empire's putting chemicals in Kashyyyk's oceans to turn the Gungans gay!
>WAKE UP, BANTHAS!
>>
>>52440973
Wouldn't it be nerfs?
>>
>>52440821
And then Tarkin not only tells Vader "Okay, you made your point", but actually orders the second most powerful man in the galaxy to release him. I fucking wish Tarkin had survived the Death Star, he's such a perfect classic villain.
>>
File: Ken.jpg (78KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
Ken.jpg
78KB, 368x368px
>>52440821
>hadouken
Fuck, that just gave me a fuckton of ideas for future writefaggotry.
>>
>>52440973
>>52441020
Gorgs.
>>
>>52441023
How would the OT gone if Tarkin had fled in his moment of Triumph?
>>
>>52440782
Honestly it's more for the style for me.
Canderous assault tanks are sex.
>>52440815
Not gonna lie, I had to look up who that was just now.
>>
>>52440043
You have my sword, /swg/
>>
>>52440770
He needs a little rewriting: His superfleet out of nowhere didn't feel right, but as a head for a network of smaller syndicates and pirate groups he's quite workable.
>>
>>52440736

I will once again reiterate, I like this design, and someday will do something with a "Super-A"
>>
>>52440043
>>52440061
>>52439887

>•Trioculus
>Imperial Only.
>During setup, before the "Place Forces" step, select 1 enemy ship and assign the "Dark Greetings" Condition card to it.
>When attacking or defending against a ship with the "Dark Greetings" condition, add 1 [Focus] result to your roll
>1 point
>>
>>52432502
I have:
Core Set II (complete),
Imp Aces set,
Imp Vets set,
TIE Defender,
IG-2000,
Decimator,
Special Forces TIE.
I'll be ordering HOTR soon.

Mostly play casual with a friend who has:
Core Set II (complete),
Most Wanted Expansion,
Starviper,
Protectorate,
Slave 1,
Kihraxz,
HWK-290,
Scyk Interceptor,
and Rebel Aces.

Since we play casual we mostly proxy cards/bases etc...
>>
>>52422480
Alright you glorious scum and hive of villains, I have a design task.

Droid for FFG EotE and so forth, designed with MAXIMUM WEAPONS PLATFORM IN MIND. Droid itself is a reformatted assassin who has been transferred into a quadrupedal body and programmed to obey orders from only the group, with the leader superseding all others.

Trees are Mercenary Soldier and Heavy. I want to see what obscene fucking shit we can mount on this thing to deliver levels of personal scale obliteration on par with most small nations.

I also want to see what we can do to take down ships from the ground.

I very much want to make a non-lethal format for Bounty Hunting jobs.

And finally I want a high mobility version with a jetpack and micro rockets for maximum ITANO CIRCUS.

Credits are no issue. BUY BIG.

Talk to me, /swg/, help me let loose this wolf-droid of war.
>>
>>52439758
>Boyega was good meme all over again
>>
>>52442712
Gadgeteer would be better
>>
>>52442712
>>52442965
Also I'm going to need an Experience limit.
>>
>>52442712
>I also want to see what we can do to take down ships from the ground.
T-7 Ion Disruptor. Breach 2 and a huge Vicious rating means it can hurt snubfighters and speeders out of the box. Use talents and mods to add to its Breach and Vicious rating and you'll be popping AT-ATs and freighters.
>>
File: 1458933439259.jpg (1MB, 2560x1691px) Image search: [Google]
1458933439259.jpg
1MB, 2560x1691px
>>52439598
Expertise, FCS, Title, LWF, Sensor Cluster

It's as close to perfect dice as you can get with a ship. I love it and have done very well with the build.

>>52432502
One of everything minus the CR-90. Two of a few of the small ships that I like plus two IG-2000s.
>>
>>52443011
800 exp to work with (50% of what my main character, a Jedi Guardian, has). I have already fucked around with the trees and don't want to go more than the 2.

>>52443063
I was thinking Missile Tube, but this also sounds baller as fuck and gave me a semi. Looks like the droid and his Bounty Hunter master would get arrested as fuck if they used it though, based on lore/rules.
>>
>>52443309
>Looks like the droid and his Bounty Hunter master would get arrested as fuck if they used it though, based on lore/rules.
Nah, arrest seems unlikely. They'd probably just call in the army to shoot you both dead. Much safer that way.
>>
>>52439598
You could go full "I cut myself" and put Electronic Baffle and Rage for a suicidal 4 shot turn.
>>
>>52443063
Pretty sure that hasn't been statted, at least not officially.
>>
>>52443624
It has, actually. Officially. Forged In Battle, page 44.
>>
>>52443624
>>52443660
The one FiB is is intended as being a weaker version.
>>
I`m interested in armada, but i need a lot of information about it downsides and upsides. Is there some copypasta about it? And buing guide for Rebels - which expansions is the trashiest?
>>
>>52443694
It's absurdly strong even as a weaker version, apparently.
>>
File: 1445454155957.jpg (559KB, 1250x1245px) Image search: [Google]
1445454155957.jpg
559KB, 1250x1245px
>>52440443
>shin godzilla
>the one that spent too long on exposition and weird-ass plot revelations that are pulled out of nowhere
>the one that wastes even more time getting to its destruction than 2014 and the original
>>
File: Zsinj-NEGC.jpg (108KB, 552x1112px) Image search: [Google]
Zsinj-NEGC.jpg
108KB, 552x1112px
>>52440815
Truly patrician tastes.

I'm a fan of the Warlords personally
>>
>>52440815

She's bretty gud
>>
New thread!
>>52444665
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.