[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 50

File: BladesOfKhorneBattletome-cover.jpg (543KB, 659x908px) Image search: [Google]
BladesOfKhorneBattletome-cover.jpg
543KB, 659x908px
Topic:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh (embed) (embed)

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Previous thread >>52397375
>>
File: IMG_0270.jpg (420KB, 1410x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0270.jpg
420KB, 1410x948px
>Nurgle anon, not dead (yet)
>Life caught me off guard so 0 time for hobbies - even got a gf
>now rushing to get my army finished for Dark Sphere's Tourny on Sunday
Also - GW Monsters are really small...
>>
>>52411935
Damn I love that GUO
>>
>>52411935
Isn't the hand weird? As if it didn't march with the wrist.
>>
Silly rules question probably but here goes. If an army has a command trait does it only apply if you only have units from that army? For instance Stormcast get the ability to essential deepstrike in on lightning but if I add a Battlemage can I still take the SE trait or would I have to take the Order trait?
>>
File: IMG_0219.jpg (282KB, 1410x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.jpg
282KB, 1410x1026px
>>52411995
Here's hoping he doesn't disintergrate on the London tube on Sunday ;_;

>>52412012
Yeah i've already had to cut the spoke that supposedly fits it into the arm down, and even then it's not great - the Horns are the same

Luckily i think i still have a pot of Greenstuff lying around
>>
This dude just cant resist jerking himself off in every AoS group and thread can he?
>>
File: large.gif (3MB, 350x212px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
3MB, 350x212px
>>52412086
He should write to GW
>>
I am thinking of getting into age of sigmar with my girlfriend. I have a few skaven units already (screaming bell, lightning cannon, doom wheel, clan rats and weapons teams) what would be a good army for my girlfriend? The let's start box of dryads looks good, how are they as an army? She also likes the vampire count throne. I hear death is not a good faction, can you guys give me the rundown?. Finally how good is magnus the red? If I bought the tzeench so? Let's play box and magnus the red could I get a decent army I can also play in 40k?
>>
>>52412086
The best way to shut him up would be to ask him to keep posting progress pics even time he posts that image
>>
>>52412064
You'd have to take the order trait because you'd not be SCE alleigance. Now, some batallions circumvent that but you need the basic keyword (read: stormcast, sylvaneth, etc.) to get the specific alleigance.
>>
>>52412204
You can't use magnus in AoS.
>>
>>52412204
Go look for the Adepticon winner list - it's all Tzeentch daemons and Magnus w/Belakor

>what army is best

>Look at aesthetics
>Look at playstyle
>Look at Fluff
Then choose
>>
>>52412221

Well I knew the Battlemage wouldn't be able to use the ability but I wasn't sure if just by including him that I wouldn't be able to take it at all. I have SE but just looking around it seemed like in bigger games taking a mage of some sort would be a good idea, but it seems I would have to give up deep striking SE for it.
>>
>>52412204
Contrary to what you might read here, there are no factions that are actually unplayably bad. Pick what you like, pick whats cool and you will be fine.
>>
>>52412204
Don't choose the army for her. I she really wants to play she needs to pick it by herself.
>>
>>52412318
Fyreslayers...
>>
>>52412448
>Pretending VBs aren't the most cost-efficient unit in the game
>>
>>52412336
>>52412246
Those are the three armies she likes, she knows nothing about them other than their cover art and a little bit of lore I may have remembered from before age of sigmar. That is why I am asking about those three and not just what army is the best.

We know the aesthetics and I am asking what is the playstyle, we can figure out lore later. She has tau in 40k and wants a melee army. But she also has no psykers in 40k so she wants magic.
>>
>>52412318
There are WAY TO MANY unplayable factions that will get utterly stomped by anything that came out recently.

You will struggle hard trying to play a pre-AoS Army against anything that has a battletome or doesnt utilize the full grand-alliance like Death.

You wont win with just playing Wanderers, DarkElves, beastmen, anything Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, any Destruction that isnt broken like Ironjawz or Beastclaws,

Stormcast alone have almost as many different units as the entirety of GA Death.

The amount of stupid "I move across the entire Map in my Hero phase" Stormcast, Sylvaneth and Ironjawz have renders your old Outflank mobility Heavy Warhammer lists pointless and in close combat they still pack a bigger punch than your old stuff.

GH2 really needs to adjust some point values to battle this imbalance
>>
>>52412516
FAQ clarifies the developers intent. Unless the GHB contradicts it then the FAQ ruling stands.

So until GW officially says otherwise (or if your TO says otherwise) you can use the old Azyros and Warrior Brotherhood.
>>
I wanna buy the bonesplitterz and ironjawz battletomes. I know they're available online, and I've been using them,but is there any reason I shouldn't?
>>
>>52412086
Give him more attention, surely that will stop him from attention whoring
>>
>>52412598
>GH2 really needs to adjust some point values to battle this imbalance
Nope
>>
>>52412622
Go for it

Make sure to get the Beastclaw Riders battletome as well
>>
>>52412622
Question about battletomes, the rules are available for free on the gw site, so why do I need to buy them in the aos app?
>>
>>52412666
They already announced point changes to adjust broken units and weak ones too, so the guy isn't wrong.
>>
>>52412598
>You will struggle hard trying to play a pre-AoS Army against anything that has a battletome or doesnt utilize the full grand-alliance like Death.
Except for High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres, Dwarfs, Tomb Kings, Skaven, Empire, Bretonnians, Warriors of Chaos, Lizardmen (they didnt change anything with the Seraphon battletome), and Vampire Counts are all good.

I would also count Wood Elves but they split the tree people into their own faction.

But if you ignore those then you're right!!!
>>
>>52412701
>so the guy isn't wrong.
But he is wrong, since most of pre-AoS never were supposed to be full fledged and playable armies, it was just addition to give fantasy players use their old armies for a while, so I don't think that bringing unsupported armies as example of game imbalance is correctly.
>>
>>52412688
Battletomes are for people that want to get the most out of their faction. If your army is only a single faction then you'll get a lot of cool rules and abilities to use with that faction from their battletome.

I know lots of people that play mixed armies (Stormcast + Free People, or Dispossessed + Fyreslayers, or Beastclaw + Bonesplitterz, etc.) and they don't bother with the battletomes because it doesn't give them any new abilities or rules.

Some people buy them just because they like collecting the books.
>>
>>52412598
>ironjawz
>broken
LOL
>>
I know AOS gets a lot of hate (not necessarily in this thread) but can I take a moment to say how fucking awesome it is that I can collect 1000 points of 2 factions and essentially have 3 playable armies?
>>
>>52412688
Because the free rules are bullshit and non-serious.
>>
File: what is what.webm (239KB, 532x354px) Image search: [Google]
what is what.webm
239KB, 532x354px
>>52412797
>>
>>52412427
>But this is impossibleSubjective and quantifiable are mutually exclusive concepts

Let me use one specific example, directly from the video, to help you understand how it is possible.

The question of how do you account for a weapons range, that you mentioned with respect to the scythes vs swords issue is a great point so lets break it down.

We cant, with a pure math based objective system account for weapon range, given. So we have to apply some subjectivity. To do that we create a sliding scale representing the utility of the various possible weapon ranges.

Lets assume that weapon ranges of 1" are the norm and give them a corresponding coefficient of 1.0, lets apply a coefficient of 1.1 to 2' range weapons, and 1.15 to 3" range weapons and so on and so forth to all the possible ranges weapons can have. Am I an expert at deciding what is the right coefficient for a 2" weapon? no, probably not but I bet that if you asked some people who know more about the game than me to come up with a relative power scale based on their experience they could do just that.

anyways you take the expected damage from the weapon in question and apply the coefficient for its range from the table to account for the added utility of that individual weapons range.

all weapons of all units with the same range get the same coefficient applied to them so it is a fair uniform application of subjective judgement to bridge the gap between what is possible with a pure objective math based solution and a scheme of balanced points for all units in AOS.

The same concept is applied to other tough to quantify values like bravery and movement.
>>
>>52412768
>Ironfist Formation
>gets to move 2d6 in your Hero phase,some people abuse the wording of the rule to STILL run in the movement phase as it says "they move the d6 as if it were the movement phase but cant run" and take it as that they cant run in the hero phase but still can in the movement phase. so your 4" Battleline Brutes now move 11 on average and can run if they please to
reroll charges and wounds kill anything with 4+ wounds like breakfast and have 3 wounds with a 4+ save.

Just FYI Ironjawz hit atleast top5 in the latest Big Tournaments
>>
File: tumblr_ol6zg8QeHf1r7pqrpo1_540.png (304KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol6zg8QeHf1r7pqrpo1_540.png
304KB, 540x359px
Will Blades of Khorne make Bloodbound, StD khorne aligned and khorne daemons viable? Or at least more fun, especially when mixed? Tired of Tzeentch being Chaos Masterrace in every goddamn game.
>>
>>52412617
What u claim is questionable, because any tournament organizers will say that "stick to the lastest warscrolls", and this is the point(and spirit) of matched play. And the FAQ line ain't written for matched play. Further discussion is meaningless.
>>
>>52412869

Brutes cannot re-roll charges nor to wound rolls. They can re-roll TO HIT rolls agains 4+ wounds models, only those. They are a solid army if you ask me but fas =/= broken. Now stop your trolling.
>>
>>52412910
>tournament organizers
if you're down at your local gaming store what matters most? the opinion of some random dude who set up a tournament or the official GW FAQ and rules?

Good luck telling someone they cant play by the official rules because you know about some guy who ran a tournament who says different.
>>
>>52412946
So you are just comming down here to whine? Kay.
>>
>>52412519
If she wants a melee army then I guess chaos Slaves to Darkness would be good, with maybe some bloodbound support?
>>
>>52412086
If you'd like, we can just send him my new army pic, call him a faggot, and tell him to get good.
>>
>>52412946
>guy who ran a tournament who says different.

1st thing 1st, gw encourage house rules for local tournament, 2nd name one tournament(maybe a player) that allow you use the old Knight-Azyro warscroll with 80 pts?
>>
File: IMG_20160928_162712.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160928_162712.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>52413050
Or I could actually post the damn picture.
>>
>>52412901
I sure hope so. What we need is a speed/movement bonus akin to Ironjawz and summoning without Wizards. Something like Bloodpoints from 40k's Daemonkin.
>>
>>52412853
Range 3 is as valuable on a behemoth as it would be on zombies, because everything is linear in introduction to maths.
>>
>>52413062
in my experience the use of the official rules and FAQ always trumps in such situations.

I guess you could be a bully and try to make other people play the game your way because you think you know better than GW but that will only get you so far.
>>
>>52411865
Thank god more Khorne stuff. I thought GW had forgotten he existed.
>>
>>52413069
C..can I touch your beard? it looks so soft
>>
>>52412910
Its not questionable
Its the way the game works

FAQ is written for all modes of play. Matched Play rules can contradict the FAQ, and in that case the MP rules are supreme. The MP rules dont say you have to use the most current warscroll so the FAQ ruling stands.
>>
>>52413178
Fuck off.
>>
>>52413129
>Range 3 is as valuable on a behemoth as it would be on zombies, because everything is linear in introduction to maths.

great point. So the solution is to have a weapon range utility scale for each model base size. So you probably end up with a table of tables for the added utility of weapons ranges depending on unit size and type but hey that's not very hard to do and surely isn't a real obstacle.

Great point. See I never even thought about what you pointed out but thanks to you we were able to figure out a good way to deal with that potential problem.
>>
>>52413178
Right? I was seriously getting annoyed by the lack of Khorne stuff. The real culprit is Forge World though, it's like they actively hate Khorne. Why don't they make more Khorne models?
>>
>>52411192

It is confirmed to only work with models with the "Skyfarer" keyword, so no transporting Hammerers unfortunately.
>>
>>52412946
Tournament rules are always above GW rules
>>
>>52413069
But why
>>
So does Blades of Khorne replace the Khorne Bloodbound Battledome? Just want to make sure, I was about to order it but I obviously don't want to waste my money.
>>
>>52412741
So how come one of the armies that we know is having some nerfs is one that is not only pre-AoS, but legacy only, the Tomb Kings?

They also outright SAID that some weaker pre-AoS armies like the Dispossessed will be getting some tweaks.
>>
>>52413232
Because my buddy has like 8k+ Sylvaneth, and I bought enough to run the full Court formation. And then summon some guys. We have a problem at my store, in that at least once a week we play 10k games. Don't get me started on our Horus Heresy armies, which are all asinine.
>>
>>52413187
Yes, you can. I use a whole mess of conditioner, and try to keep it as nice as I can.
>>
>>52413211
>Tournament rules are always above GW rules

good luck selling that in a GW store at a GW table to a random you just met up with for a 1000 point matched play pick up game.
>>
File: too much.jpg (109KB, 595x775px) Image search: [Google]
too much.jpg
109KB, 595x775px
>>52413281
>>
>>52413197
You basically want to apply linear regression to a problem that has no indication to be solveable by it, this is what I'm trying to tell you since 10 posts. I'll try it in easy words since these seem to be the ones getting through: linear model = easy,
game theory = hard,
applying on to the other = probably not a good idea.
>>
>>52413190
Stop shitposting, you've made like a dozen or more comments on this thread already whining about the same.
>>
>>52413356
In a GW store the tournament organizer is games workshop

Are you really this dense
>>
>>52413069
Huh, how many points will you have?
>>
>>52413437
Explaining the way the game works is "shitposting"?

neo-aosg pls go
>>
>>52413456
No upgrades, and after I added Nagash and some Morghasts, about 15k. I possibly went a touch overboard. A bit.
>>
>>52413266
Yeah, it combines factions, like Disciples of Tzeentch.

Also they are changing stuff, because they're at least adding Blood Tithe, like 40k Daemonkin.
>>
>>52413486
Upgrades don't cost points.
>>
So how does battleline work? If I want to take a Cairn Wratih alongside skeletons, does that mean I need to take three units of Spirit Hosts? Or if I wanted to take one of the Mortarchs and some other Death units, would I need to take the requisite Battleline units? I'm confused.

mostly because the file for the General's handbook on the mega is too large for their mobile site
>>
>>52413519
That's true. I'm still half in 40/30K mindset. That'll happen.
>>
>>52413599
Okay so you're using mixed Death. You'll be using the "Death Allegiance" instead of any of the Subfactions.

Under the Death Allegiance, Skeletons, Zombies and Crypt Ghouls are your battleline units.

So depending on your points, you'll need to take at least 2 (1000), 3 (2000) or 4 (2500) battleline units.

So you only need at least the minimum number of generic Death battleline units for the point limit you're using. (Skeletons, Ghouls or Zombies)
>>
File: 1488437803638.png (1MB, 562x861px) Image search: [Google]
1488437803638.png
1MB, 562x861px
>>52413599
If you run just basic Death allegiance, the battlelines are skeletons, zombies, and dire wolves. Everything else is in leaders, behemoths, and other. Spirit hosts are only battleline if you run Nighthaunt.
>>
>>52413706
>>52413739
My bad, wiped out today, ghouls are the third battleline, dire wolves are in other.
>>
>>52413409
>no indication to be solveable by it

I get it you don't understand.

You think its necessary to apply high level complex simulation trial and error brute force for every unit vs every unit in every combination on every scenario in every set up. That cant work and you keep saying that cant work and I agree.

I don't know why you can't accept another approach, like the one I proposed.

I showed in a demonstration how my system does in fact work and you repeating over and over again that it cant work isn't making for a productive conversation.

I would be happy to talk to you more about the substance of the system I proposed, assuming you take the time to understand it well enough to discuss it.
>>
The substance of your approach is a linear model and there is no indication that you can model point costs linearly by the features on the warscroll (besides wishful thinking). I apparently can't discuss this with you since you obviously lack both the math and the game theory background.
>>
>>52414025
>no indication that you can model point costs linearly by the features on the warscroll

Except that I did literally exactly that and made a demonstration video explaining step by step exactly how to do it.

An explanation you refuse to accept or even become familiar enough with to have an intelligent criticism of the method.

>you obviously lack both the math and the game theory background

lmfao you wouldn't believe me if I told you my formal education background and credentials anyways so whats the point of trying.

I feel bad for you that you're so stuck on your own sense of knowing it all that you cant even look objectively at the evidence I presented.
>>
>>52414289
I hope your education background doesn't involve a university degree in the field because you seriously got scammed if it does. Sure you can apply a linear model, it just will likely be terrible - there is literally not a single reason why a linear model should be adequate (again besides wishful thinking).
>>
>>52414423
your comments are devolving into insults devoid of substantive content. I am not sure if continuing to respond to you would be productive.

If you ever do decide to have a serious look into the system I came up with I would appreciate any sudgestions on how to make it better.

Until then I wish you well, peace.
>>
>>52413273
>So how come one of the armies that we know is having some nerfs is one that is not only pre-AoS, but legacy only, the Tomb Kings?
accidental
Not to mention that TK aren't very OP against new armies (Tzeench, Sylvaneths and even SCE who get another unit with ranged weapon)
>>
>>52412245
Why not? Use him as a loc or prince.

nobody cares
>>
>>52414638
Would have to be Lord of Change, he's the size of a Knight Titan.
>>
>>52414745
Before the release of the LOC model, a lot of people were planning on using Magnus as one. Seems like a pretty decent fit, was considering magnetizing the Archaeon Tzeentch head to make it fit better.
>>
>>52414638
I know he could use him as a LoC. But magnus, as a specific "warscroll" cannot be used in AOS.
>>
>want a cool melee centric fun gane with high fantasy motifs

>AoS has immense range/cadting bias, even on models who are '''''good at melee''''

I already get shot at enough in 40k, jfc make a game that doesnt suck to be close combat in.
>>
>>52415007
AoS doesn't though, close combat does fine.
>>
>>52415025

Tell that to sigmarines and kurnothfags

Beastclaw count as ranged for their bullshit, too, and Tzeentch rapes almost everyone with the spell shenanigans.
>>
SHUT THE FUCKING FUCK UP ABOUT MATHS YOU PEDANTIC, IRRITATING, GRACELESS AUTISTS
>>
File: IMG_3141.png (96KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3141.png
96KB, 382x491px
>>52415109
Math is more of an art than this game ever will be.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>52415025

Every Order list having a Hurricanum and some kind of ranged Stormcadt or Kurnoth, and Freeguild in general, really disputes that. I think its less noticable because newfags buy the newer AoS models and the competitive types haven't ruined it yet like they did 40k
>>
>>52415150
Just wait. Waac fags will come, burn the comp scene to the ground, and go back to 40k, wiping cheeto dust from their neckbeards
>>
>>52413444
go ahead and try it. go to a GW store and get a pick up game of AOS and try telling the guy your playing that he cant use the rules and FAQ because in your head random tournament organizers independent from GW made some house rules that take precedent.

please try it. I would laugh strait in your face if you tried to pull that kind of BS on me.
>>
>>52415180

Oh I dont doubt it. The real isdue is if GW starts putting garbage similar to the Riptide Wing into the game.
>>
>>52412707
>Implying any of those except for TKs compare to Sylv, Beastclaw, Tzeentch or Stormcast at their best
>Implying TKs, the one strong as fuck legacy army isn't getting nerfed hard

You got one thing right, if you ignore all the facts you can shitpost anything and still be correct!!!!!! :^)))))))
>>
>>52415240
It's not getting nerfed hard, just nerfed in a way that fixes it given that TKs were blatantly broken
>>
>>52414481
Wait, you're not Berge403 are you? Your code isn't in space by any chance?
>>
>want to collect Death alliance army
>only one battletome
why
>>
>>52415274
>want to collect Death alliance
>the battletome restricts you to only one subfaction

Just play the grand alliance death dude, you get to use all of the models and the FEC allegiance bonuses aren't that great.
>>
>>52415272
>Wait, you're not Berge403 are you? Your code isn't in space by any chance?

nope. I have no idea who that is.
>>
File: IMG_3690.gif (258KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3690.gif
258KB, 500x500px
>>52415240
O nu D:
>>
Reminder that Lizardmen, Skaven, Ogres and Greenskins are shitty NPC races and the setting would be much better if they were removed
>muh no personality scalefags
>muh reddit rats
>muh mongolian neckbeards
>muh lol random gobbos (lol they spelled it with a Z!)
kys
>>
>>52415376
>Deano

You some kind of gay dinosaur m8? lmao
>>
>>52415376
You need to leave.
>>
>>52415274
Just collect a "death" army of the bits you like while you wait for them to expand that part. Just get like 1000 points or something
>>
File: Pestijak.jpg (129KB, 958x844px) Image search: [Google]
Pestijak.jpg
129KB, 958x844px
>>52415376
>Tfw Skaven/Greenskinz are so poorly done in AoS you agree with this.

Keeping shit remnants from the Old World around and pretending they'll ever get an update is just embarrassing.

Tomb Kings got to bow out with dignity at least
>>
>>52415268
>just nerfed in a way that fixes it given that TKs were blatantly broken
Top kek, yeah perfect moment for nerf when army already become almost unplayable
>>
>>52415488
As a skaven player, I've seriously considered quitting.
>>
>>52415488
>is just embarrassing.
That's was the point
>>52415640
Bye
>>
New Great Unclean One when?
>>
File: IMG_3739.png (81KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3739.png
81KB, 400x397px
>>52415706
Luckily I also play nurgle
>>
>>52415743
Just get the FW one.
>>
>>52415855
Still won't have the wound pool new loc and bt have. 14 wounds when?
>>
>>52415138
can't be an art as it does not use paint.
>>
>>52415293
>>52415486
I just want the battletomes...
>>
File: GreatPoxRat.jpg (175KB, 1134x1689px) Image search: [Google]
GreatPoxRat.jpg
175KB, 1134x1689px
>>52415927
Nurgle battle tome soon-quick!
>>
>>52415785
>not waiting for the Clan Pestilens updated battletome
>>
>>52415979
>can't be an art as it does not use paint.
>>
>>52416070
how is pestilence is it any good with support form other clan troops?
>>
>>52416070
That's what I'm doing. But I'm beginning to doubt we'll ever see one.
>>
>>52416128
No point specing into it, you either go full Pestilens or nothing, clanrat taxes take away from the monks needed to hold up the line, the only thing i would want is Gutter runners for war machine killing

Pest is about mid-tier, i've found mine fuck up Ironjawz and most melee forces you actually do well versus beastclaw, but lose hard to missile spam / weight of fire

>>52416070
No chance. it'll be Nurgle/rotbringers to tie into the new death-guard and such

>When you praying the artifacts section is so loosely worded you'll be able to swipe relics for the Verminlord
>>
>>52416234
ok thanks was gonna do a mix of everything but idk now
>>
>>52416234
Nah, it'll be a combination of all nurgle forces, like Khorne and Tzeentch have gotten.
>>
>>52416234
It'll include pestilens probably. They've got the nurgle keyword
>>
Why didnt they just have skaven be the nurgle mortals in AoS and squat the horned rat? They seem too similar to keep 2bh.
>>
>>52416371
Because they sell
>>
>>52413136
>in my experience the use of the official rules and FAQ always trumps in such situations.

Ok, enjoy.
>>
>>52416371
Because Pestilens is only a small sliver of Skaven.

Horned Rat is also nothing like Nurgle.
>>
File: Horned Rat a cute pls no bully.jpg (2MB, 2711x4239px) Image search: [Google]
Horned Rat a cute pls no bully.jpg
2MB, 2711x4239px
>>52416371
>>
>>52416441

Horned Rat is a bad Tzeentch cosplay, yes.
>>
>>52413136
Seems like the only person "bullying" is you by throwing ad hominem rather than discourse. about what is allowed in tournament play or what is normalized civil interacation.
>I guess
Go shitpost elsewhere with your "I guess"
>"totally not a WAACfag
sure kid
>>
>>52416441
Horned rat is literally just nurgle mixed with a retarded tzeentch. No point in having it in the game, just move skaven into nurgle. Rats and the plague and all that. Jobs a goodun
>>
File: 1489529722406.jpg (107KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1489529722406.jpg
107KB, 800x585px
>>52413069
>that thor's hammer pendant

Old Gods best gods.
>>
File: Deus Vult.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Vult.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>52413069
>>52416549

Fucking heathens.
>>
File: Pesti.jpg (127KB, 832x766px) Image search: [Google]
Pesti.jpg
127KB, 832x766px
>>52416371
>>52416475
>>52416485
>>52416543
>Unenlightened pleb-things

Slash-kill those who insult the Great Horned Rat !
>>
>>52416543
Horned rat has schizophrenia
>>
>>52416573
Read my filename, Anon. >>52416475
>>
File: 99120202027_SteamTankNEW01.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120202027_SteamTankNEW01.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
where is my god damn free people start collection GeeDubs ?
>>
>>52416664
You get one once you have a battletome or an updated faction.
>>
>>52415855
It's £120 and about 5 times bigger
>>
>>52416664

N E V E R

Has any Empire stuff even been shown in the artwork? ART mind you not photographs or dioramas.
>>
File: Skeleton Party.gif (740KB, 460x254px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Party.gif
740KB, 460x254px
>>52416573
Rats need to get out.

Nagash is the real top god.

All spooky, all the time.
>>
File: 1482177558161.jpg (45KB, 400x444px) Image search: [Google]
1482177558161.jpg
45KB, 400x444px
>>52416570
fucking crypto-jews
>>
File: IMG_0498.jpg (105KB, 321x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0498.jpg
105KB, 321x400px
>>52416573
>skaven
>>
>>52416788
Soon
>>
>>52415640
why ?
>>
>>52416800

>When you remember Skaven killed Gobbla, ruined all the cool Dwarf characters, and almost destroyed themselves along with the old world with their retarded moon-bomb

Skaven are such massive, objective failures, no wonder Archaon wants nothing to do with them or their chaos ''"""god'''''''''
>>
>>52416846
>you will never worship skeletor
>>
File: zsnikch.jpg (32KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
zsnikch.jpg
32KB, 600x620px
>>52416907
>cool Dwarf characters
Cannot kill what didn't exist
>>
>>52412086
I wanted to hate on him, then I saw that the models he paints are actually decent.
Which is a lot better than 99% of /tg/
>>
>>52412598
God you sound like a whiny little faggot. I hope that guy just ignored your posts
>>
>>52417029
>replying to a 4 hour old post with 'i hope you get ignored Xdd'

Not to mention most of that guys points are valid :^).
>>
>>52416969

Then I guess no Skaven has ever died.
>>
>>52412869
> gets formation bonus wrong
> adds in a special rule that NO ironjawz unit can get (reroll charge and reroll wound)
> fucks up the reroll hit ability (free to see on their warscroll)
Holy shit can you even read? Or do you just blindly believe everything you hear? What a fucking idiot.
Show me on the doll where the mean Ork touched you anon. Bitch
>>
>>52415376
The Lizardman worship on the internet is honestly really dumb imo. Why people love them so much is beyond me.
>>
>>52417029

Try playing pure Brayherds against Beastclaws, Sylvaneth, SCE, even Bloodbound. I fucking dare you.
>>
File: Skeleton thumbs up.jpg (15KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton thumbs up.jpg
15KB, 324x324px
>>52416846
>>
>>52413069
> Man tits
> fat arms with weak manlet shoulders
> gross neck beard
> Faggot tier "THOR PENDANT" wore openly on top of man tits
Literally your only redeeming feature is Flesheater Courts are cool. For a Death Army.
>>
>>52413178
>>52413205
Kek. But with tears...
Tzeetch Arcanites were pretty cool... it's like they feel for every ONE good idea for Chaos, they am have to drown us in Khorne shit
>>
>>52417111
More like Brayherd versus anything

>b-but they m-move fast!!
If you take the Shaman. (auto include heroes = shit design)

But yes you get to move quickly. Quickly to your fucking doom.

See Slaanesh actually moves fast(er) and has weight of attacks, rend, good chariots and high bravery. Oh and their one warhard formation is bloated and crap.

Seriously can anyone top Beastmen for the worst subfaction? i'm sure Greenskinz is slightly better but i've never actual seen them
>>
File: 0neny53c19hy.jpg (61KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
0neny53c19hy.jpg
61KB, 500x651px
>>52416573
Furries please leave
>>
>>52417208
Like, does it sell because people want it or does it sell because that's all GW makes and releases? It's so fucking frustrating
>>
>>52417235

Tell me about it. My WHFB was all Beastmen; Ungor Raiders, huge Gor blocks, Chariots, a few Bestigors, Shamans and BSB with herdstones. AoS fucked me hard and now no one will ever trade or buy them from me.
>>
>>52417235
>Seriously can anyone top Beastmen for the worst subfaction?

I'm fairly confident pure dark elves could be strong competition for shittiest tier army. Not trying to take anything away from brayherd, they need help too.
>>
>>52416800
Drake Moongrot best moongrot
>>
>>52411865
Getting a khorne half of the starter and a slaves to darkness start collecting. SUPER pumped to start this new army as it will be my first AoS army.
What's the next step? Feel like more knights and the Khorne SC is a good idea.
PS
I'm going for a very "buff" and synergy army, with lots of melee. Everyone is getting marks of Khorne
>>
>>52417379
Wait a week. The new Khorne Battletome goes on preorder saturday. We still don't know anything about it.
>>
>>52417379
Wait on the combined Khorne book coming in early April.
>>
>>52417379

Knights are Eh for khorbe, chaos warriors and chariot is better, i would get more Bloodbound abd daemons. Khorne daemons can benefit from the Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker's buffs. I love powering up my bloodthirster and launching him at a weak flank.
>>
>>52417436
They get Blood Tithe, much like in 40k.

That's about it.
>>
>>52417304
With the amount of Khorne shit you could find on ebay I doubt it sells that hot...
They probably push it so much because they are the natural 'up sell' for half the starter
> if Timmy likes the Blood men, why not [$30 character] and their NEW BATTLE TOME to go with it?!?
It feels like GW is only hoping to make a big, $250 initial purchase off their customers... and if they come back, great, but they already got what they needed from you.
>>
>>52417462
Any source for that?
>>
>>52417462
Is that worth it?
>>
>>52417454
Oh ok
Are demon princes worth it?
>>
>>52417504
White Dwarf.

>>52417521
It can help a lot.
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend.png (792KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend.png
792KB, 1360x768px
Why people are bitching about Skaven? I have a lot of fun playing them in 1k pts games and I'm not even using their best units - just grabbed shit from 2x SoD and added Start Collecting machines
>>
Someone got some nice ideas to play objective games like capture
>>
>>52413069
>Thor hammer pendant
>english posters in the back ground
>more than a thousand dollars on a fucking plastic toy collection

Neopagans are just the fucking worst.
BTW, just because your family claims to be "From scandinavia" doesn't change the fact that there's probably more irish, scottish, english and french in you and regardless of that, you have no claim to any of those cultusts *~@oldgods@~* either if you're a fucking wank and if it's the norse gods, definately not if you're a brunette.

Remember kiddos, Fair skin and piercing eyes 'like a snake' with fair hair is the mark of the jarl or noble class.

Ruddy, sun worn skin and fair hair and eyes is the mark of the Karl or freeman class.

Everyone is is a Thraell or slave/servant class in the eyes of the Norse pantheon and in the eyes of Heimdal, the god who knows us most closely.

Tell this to every dipshit wiccan you know.

Follow it up with Amber and Gold exist because a goddess was slutshamed and she cries them as she searches for the husband that abandoned her.
>>
>>52417591
Lore is shit. Faction is shit. Models are shit. The way they talk is fucking garbage.
>>
>>52417741
>Amber and Gold exist because a goddess was slutshamed and she cries them as she searches for the husband that abandoned her

that is hilarious. got any more?
>>
>>52415007

You can totally play pure melee and be straight up competitive, who are you interested in most?
>>
>>52417780
>Lore is shit
Well, yeah - they don't really have flull right now
>Faction is shit
I wouldn't say so - they just need more love
>Models are shit
Matter of taste - I like their aesthetic
>>
>>52417591
Skaven are fine. It's just a select few very vocal people.

As long as you don't sperg out and type like them no one really cares.
>>
>>52417551
Well, fuck, I was hoping on something else. I don't really like blood tithe much.
>>
>>52417541

I have had mixed luck, but they do get the benefits from the stoker/secrator buffs uf Khorne aligned
>>
File: 1458958317414.jpg (21KB, 379x272px) Image search: [Google]
1458958317414.jpg
21KB, 379x272px
>>52417235

>(auto include heroes = shit design)

Is it good design then that there are more heroes in my army that are viable than I can actually reasonably take?
>>
>>52417837

Stormfags, Khorne, Slaanesh, Ironjawz, Vampires, Lizards
>>
>>52412067
Hey, is it possible to assemble Putrid Blightkings so most of them are covered in armor? I want to try a thing out where I make a legion covered in gold.
>>
>>52418079

>stormfags

My main army, if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Non ranged makes up the biggest hitting power you have, ranged is mostly for spot removals unless you go full skew.

A lot of units have some minor shooting but it tends to be a bonus rather than a requirement.

>Khorne

Have no ranged at all besides the hellcannon, Khorne mortals is pretty fun and they're getting a new battle tome soon. Don't feel obligated to stick with purely Bloodbound, you can take khorne marked warriors of chaos for no penalty at all.

Pure blood bound is pretty weak even against other melee armies but with some other Khorne support (khorne knights, chaos shrine, etc) they can actually be pretty good.

>slaanesh

I don't know much about them but they're pretty dang good and get into melee very quickly with a surprising amount of attacks for how cheap they are.

>Ironjawz

Another fast as fuck melee only army, they'll do fine in casual play but can be a little too one dimensional to shine at top-tier play. However, nobody really plays that way generally in AOS since power gamers find this system to be an anathema.

>Vampires

Don't know much about them I'm afraid, not a lot of shooting but can be pretty deadly especially with blood knights.

>Lizards

Don't know much about them either but they're definitely not in shit tier.
>>
>>52417821
Odin recharges his magic powers by drinking cum out of dead hanged mens dicks because he loses his male "potency" due to engaging in female specific magic which requires submissive and feminine sex acts.

Loki once tried to lure a giant horse away from its master by turning into a mare. He got fucked by it and birthed an 8 legged horse he gave to odin.

Loki also rides a ship made out of fingernails.

Loki also tricked a blind god into killing one of his best friends just after all the gods worked really hard to make this god unkillable, so that the end of the world wouldn't happen. For a joke.

loki once shaved thors wife sif, promised her new hair to escape thor killing him, loki got the dwarves to make new hair out of gold, the dwarves did this and made more gifts. loki being a fucking nigger bet them his head they couldn't make better gifts. The dwarves made a ship that could be folded to fit in a pocket, a spear that never misses and Mjolnir. Loki tried to weasle his way out by saying they could have his head but not the attached neck, the dwarves eventually compromise. Loki gets knocked unconscious by thor and the dwarves sew his mouth shut.

Hel, the ruler of the underworld and daughter of loki, doubles down on the apocalypse because she thinks the murdered god : baldur is just super fucking bishonen like every other woman who has met baldur and decides her not being lonely is worth more than the lives of 99% of the living creatures in the universe, despite baldur hating her guts.

Thor once lost his hammer mjolnir to a thieving giant. He refused to return the hammer unless freyja married him. After dressing in a gown, jewelry and headdress the bride to be entered thrymr's castle with loki by their side, who had shapeshifted into a handmaiden. The couple made it through the prewedding feast, recovered mjolnir when it was brought out as part of the wedding and Thor, in full bridal garb, killed every one in the room.
>>
THICC STORMCAST ABS
>>
>>52418457
Don't forget the time Loki tied a goat around his balls to make a frost giantess laugh.

Or his epic flyting where he rips pretty much every god and goddess a new one.
>>
>>52418546
Loki is the original jackass.
>>
File: 1489532129247.png (50KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489532129247.png
50KB, 500x352px
>>52418457
>>52418546
>>52418567

You realize that the source for all of this comes from a jew who made things up and used no primary sources, right?

Loki is also not a god desu he is a manifestation of chaos, and a natural degenerate
>>
File: 1482219514140.jpg (56KB, 480x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482219514140.jpg
56KB, 480x450px
>>52418457
Although thats only for the cum drinking. The rest are just drinking stories.
>>
>>52418627
>>52418663

KYS neopagan
>>
File: 1487780888947.jpg (112KB, 629x484px) Image search: [Google]
1487780888947.jpg
112KB, 629x484px
>>52418723
hmmmm... a Christian trusting whatever a jew says as concrete fact
>>
>>52418830
>Christian

lolno.
Just because a religion is older than your larping shit, doesn't make its followers not literal fucking children. neck yourself, faggot.
>>
>>52418904
>athiest

daily reminder that athiests are reject Christians and people who have no actual concept of philisophy and science. Even Einstein was a panthiets ffs

Read more Jung, study neurochemistry, read studies by evolutionary psychologists, etc
>>
>>52418950
>I tried myself into LARPing with science and ideas I don't understand

Kwality Kek
>>
>>52418950
Please take your life
or atleast fuck off back to redd*t
thanks in advance
>>
File: 29F8T3R.jpg (58KB, 560x695px) Image search: [Google]
29F8T3R.jpg
58KB, 560x695px
>>52418995
>>52419008
>responds with memes

Topkek. Quit LARP'ing with your pessimism an accept the fact that there you have a adopted a false set of syllogisms that aren't supported by logos in the slightest.
>>
File: 14812311627.png (901KB, 1008x672px) Image search: [Google]
14812311627.png
901KB, 1008x672px
>>52419050
>those typos
>>
Making femcast eternals by using Sisters of Silence and adding Stormcast weapons and backthingies to them and using 3rd party female heads.

Yes or no?
>>
>>52419079
No. Way too small.
>>
Im going to hotglue the femcast model when i get it
>>
>>52417780
>Lore is shit

Who doesn't have shit lore?
>>
>>52417780
Every faction in AoS currently has shit lore.

These things tend to happen when the existing universe is deleted and replaced with a brand new universe where everything is shoe-horned in.
>>
File: Lord_of_Oblivion.png (402KB, 478x371px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_of_Oblivion.png
402KB, 478x371px
elves when?
>>
>>52419827
They've been delayed indefinitely to be replaced with new Khornecast Eternals
>>
Are honour-bound fallen knight Khornefags too meme-y for army lore?
>>
>>52415240
>implying highborne and bretonnians arent high tier

wew
>>
>>52417103
Aztec lizards that ride dinosaurs that shoot laser beams, what's not to love?
>>
>>52415240
>Implying Tzeentch isn't all old models barring literally cultists and beastmen
>Implying Freeguild can't handle all of that
>>
>>52420472
There's a difference b/w new models and new rues
>>
>>52420586

So old models can get new rules? What's the problem?

Besides Freeguild, and as >>52420332
said, Highborne and Brettonians, are able to stand up to top tier cheese.
>>
>>52418271
If you dont know muich about them what makes you assume theyre good?

Slaanesh is in a questionable spot at the moment.They are fast sure. but Stormcast have Lord Aquilor+Palladors to teleport around the Table while Sylvaneth can teleport around the table and their trees, on top of being Much more resilient and actually having ranged options.(Hell, even Ironjawz move faster in their Herophase and we dont talk about melee for those.)

Unless you run them in blocks of 30 Daemonettes just die too quickly before they can inflict enough damage against most other armies. I do personally Hope that In the new GHB Chariots become battleline if you run a Herald on Chariot. Chariots are currently the only redeeming factor they have. Slaanesh is a very All-in army that loses the second you lose your momentum. The fact that most of the new armies all have a ability to get out of combat without penalties and then shoot more really hinders the Army. I did only do games below 1500 points though. so maybe at 2000pts a list with a Keeper of Secrets and Chariot spam might work.
>>
>>52420332
>implying highborne and bretonnians are high tier

what game are you even playing? literally neither of those has even made a showing in any tournament anywhere ever.
>>
>>52420671
Khorne Bloodbound takes top 4 spot at LVO

Must be a really good army
>>
>>52420799
so what? at least you can make an argument that khorne bloodbound stands a chance based on its top 4 spot at LVO.

Brets and Elves don't have even that much.
>>
>>52420829
Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absense

Saying an army isnt good because it hasnt placed in a tournament is a logical fallacy
>>
>>52420671
Tournament wins and losses literally mean nothing.
>>
>>52415195
>he cant use the rules and FAQ

We were talking about only 1 line of FAQ, suddenly all FAQ involved, nice goalpost shifting.

BTW, old Knight-Azyro, Knight-Vexillor combo cost 220 only!
>>
>>52420855
it is convincing circumstantial evidence.
>>52420902
your opinion
>>
>>52417085
>Ork
>>
>>52420829
>>52420671

Brets have a super good shooting army but requires free guild too.
>>
File: faq.png (45KB, 768x279px) Image search: [Google]
faq.png
45KB, 768x279px
>>52420966
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_rules_en.pdf

seriously not even an argument
>>
What are the odds of Forge World point values being in GHB2 instead of on FW's site? I want some god damn acknowledgement!
>>
Let's say a pack of greenskinz runs afoul of Orruks with different skin tones. What color are those alter-Orruks?

Blueskinz is objectively the best, but I want to hear what you all think.
>>
>>52421222
I like the blue ones because GW gave me justification for that.

A group of Orruks got turned blue by the magic of a Beastclaw Raider winter.
>>
Are there any more rumors regarding Khardon Overlords at this point or it basically what we've seen of the models and that's it?
>>
>>52421247
Wait, is that really how the BCR lore works? Their eternal winter can turn them blue?

I painted my 40k Orks blue and just said that the alien planet their spores came from had different sunlight/plantlife which made them end up being blues and purples.
>>
>>52421279
Rumors about what exactly anon?
>>
>>52421381

Rules primarily.
>>
>>52421166
We have to start it all over again?! Just tell me which flgs(gw) allow u to use old warscroll with the new point. And also, "The tables below provide points... for the warscrolls and warscroll battalions in this book...", points in battletome are specific to the latest one.

It is ok to live in your own world, but stop pretending everyone play the game like u.
>>
>>52421365
One of them can, not all of them.
>>
>>52421426
A couple of the warscrolls leaked
One for the balloon tophat guy, and we know the ships are transports and how they work
>>
>>52418219

A couple have bare upper torsos. But you get so many bits man, you can do anything with that kit.

It's worth it.

Here are a couple of my converted Blightkings.
>>
>>52421427
I think its cute that you think you overrule the official faq strait off the GW web site just cause you think you know better.

>and he accused me of living in a fantasy
>>
if i run this formation from the start collecting box, but i have models, is there any way i can field them and still keep this bonus? like an allied detachment or something?
>>
>>52421542
Actually, you are.

I never claimed you are wrong, just questionable. It is because everyone, I mean every group I meet IRL or via FB(internet) ain't allowed a 80pts Knight-Azyro with old warscroll exist.

That's why I ask which flgs(gw) allowed you to do so, plz.
>>
>>52421647
>asking me to post personally identifying details

you some kind of stalker?
>>
>>52421636
What exactly are you asking anon?
>>
How do we make beastmen not shit?
>>
>>52421876
sorry, i meant to say if i have this formation but i also want to take a unit of blightkings does it invalidate the formation or are they simply seperate to it
>>
>>52422008
Simply seperate.
>>
>>52422008
Simply seperate
>>
File: 1481879124029.jpg (42KB, 314x345px) Image search: [Google]
1481879124029.jpg
42KB, 314x345px
>>52422014
>>52422009
thanks guys
>>
>>52422035
You do need to pay the points cost of the formation, but once you do that, yeah you're good.
>>
>>52421747
I want to talk to them, why they allow such interpretation exist? GW wrote bad rule(sure), but exploit it to the bottom isn't a healthy thing to a gaming group.
>>
>>52422077
I don't play SC I play a legacy faction and I use compendium warscrolls instead of the shit new ones that broke all the faction synergies.

I don't want you trying to convince my lgs that the faq >>52421166 is wrong and should be ignored. my faction sucks enough already thanks.
>>
>>52422130
>faq >52421166 # is wrong
Read >52421647 >just questionable

Actually, we are talking about 80 pts Knight-Azyro with old warscroll ain't in matched play, I don't care about your legacy army, all I want to know is, any group allow such exploit exist, and why? The FAQ do not over the latest battletome(maybe).
>>
>>52422287
>why any group allow such exploit exist

its not an exploit. its the rules >>52421166 . and as soon as they change that rule my shitty legacy army gets ten times shittier so to answer your question they allow the rules to be played the way they're written and intended to be played because it makes the game better that way.

it would do more harm than good to change it.
>>
>>52422357

Why are aelf players the absolute most rancid people on the planet?
>>
>>52422448
Rude
>>
File: CryptGhouls.jpg (53KB, 561x353px) Image search: [Google]
CryptGhouls.jpg
53KB, 561x353px
Is it worth having 30 Crypt Ghouls in a unit to keep the bonuses longer or will 20 do?
>>
>>52422514
I'd say it's worth it just because seeing a unit of 30 ghouls is probably pretty spooky.

Playing an elite army, even one as killy as Ironjawz, it always makes me wary to see 30 dudes marching towards me.
>>
File: IMG_3754.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3754.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>52422559
>Ghouls
>Spooky
Say that to my face before I show you the power of CALCIUM so you can see what a real Spooky army looks like.
>>
>>52422448
>Why are aelf players the absolute most rancid people on the planet?

wow that was uncalled for.
>>
File: Calcium Strength.jpg (36KB, 600x319px) Image search: [Google]
Calcium Strength.jpg
36KB, 600x319px
>>52422584
Muh Boney Brother.
>>
>>52422357
>as soon as they change that rule my shitty legacy

Stop derail it, the real question is "we are talking about 80 pts Knight-Azyro with old warscroll", because the latest battletome say no.

It is nothing to do, nor I don't care about your legacy army, clear?
>>
>>52422584
Hey, calm down. I didn't say they were the spookiest.

30 skellies marching my way would spook me pretty good, on account of all the RATTLE RATTLE
>>
Had a game yesterday with my sylvaneth against death, scenario was 3 places of power and I ended up taking the win. My opponents claimed my list was unfair and "tournament" tier though I disagree. What do you guys think ?

1960/2000

Heroes
BranchWych (Ramu lamenteri, regrowth)
Empire battlemage (wildform, verdant blessing)

Leader behemoth
Treelord Ancient (Gnarled warrior, Oaken armor, regrowth)

Behemoth
Treelord

Battle line
20x Dryads
10x Dryads
10x Tree revenants

Other
3x Kurnoth hunter (bows)
3x Kurnoth hunter (bows)
3x Kurnoth hunter (scythes)

Battalion
Household
Gnarlroot wargrove
>>
>>52422630
>clear?
no.

what you want is the faq >>52421166 to be invalidated. the unintended consequence would be to ruin several already shitty factions.

its a bad idea.

shitty factions with models you buy off the shelf at any GW store I might add so these aren't even discontinued lines of product. I don't want to see those boxes of models become even shittier and sell even less than they currently do.
>>
>>52422678
>Kurnoth hunter (bows)
filth
>>
>>52419564
It doesn't help that the prime naming convention in AoS involves spamming combinations of adjectives and adverbs that would only sound cool to a hyperactive 10-year-old.
>>
>>52419564
>>52422790

Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz lore are top tier.
>>
>>52422688
>what you want is the faq >>52421166 # to be invalidated

Seriously, you didn't read my post, right? FAQ ain't invalid, but the new battletome override it, say effect SC and DoT only... /facepalm
>>
>>52422809
>Ironjawz
>Bonesplitterz
Adverb spam detected.
>>
>>52422864
Do you even know what an adverb is?
>>
>>52422841
>the new battletome override it

the only way to do that is to get the FAQ >>52421166 changed
>>
>>52421427
>"The tables below provide points... for the warscrolls and warscroll battalions in this book...", points in battletome are specific to the latest one.

>>52422893
>the only way to do that
Not necessary, read above quote.
>>
>>52422949

>points in battletome are specific to the latest one

then use the points from the GHB and the better, older warscroll.

The older warscroll is better right?

something to do with teleporting SC directly into combat with a magic lantern or something to that effect that got dropped in the newer version.
>>
>>52419956

No it's a perfectly acceptable fluff reason to have Khorne slaves to darkness who aren't Bloodbound
>>
>>52423058

Points are only for the latest incarnation of the scroll, you can use whatever in open play
>>
>>52423058
>then use the points from the GHB and the better, older warscroll.
Depend, but most players stick to latest "patch".
>>
Is a Pyrofane cult considered too powerful for regular play, or is it a reasonable thing to build towards for a new player?
>>
>>52423164
not according to the rules
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/Warhammer_aos_generals_handbook_en.pdf
>>
>>52423357

First the FAQ you're trying to quote is in the rulebook errata, not the generals handbook errata.

Second the generals handbook errata FAQ even says that you cant use battalions that have old warscrolls in them if they have newer versions.

Why would it say that if you can simply pick the older options for pitched battles?

The answer is that the ability to use old warscrolls is for open play, not for matched play.
>>
>>52423242
It's reasonable if you really like Kairic Acolytes. It's not particularly powerful at all, no.
>>
And as an addendum, if someone wants to make a compendium army that's completely fine with me even in a tournament.

The only situations I'm hoping to avoid is shit like when someone uses the older version simply because its pre-nerf.
>>
File: uAU0sF4.png (253KB, 1602x113px) Image search: [Google]
uAU0sF4.png
253KB, 1602x113px
>>52423357
>not according to the rules
Pic related.
>>
Which generic Death Battleline do you prefer to use and why? If you don't play a death army, which do you prefer in general?

Skeletons, Ghouls or Zombies?
>>
>>52423480
Skeletons, hands down.
>>
>>52423480
Skeletons, I make them my centerpiece with big blocks of 40 with other units to support them.

Zombies are cool, but don't expect too much from them.
>>
File: ghb faq.png (133KB, 1528x747px) Image search: [Google]
ghb faq.png
133KB, 1528x747px
>>52423425

maybe a picture will make it easier
>>
>>52423488
>>52423507

Thanks guys, couldn't decide which to pick.

Looks like I'm going to the Bone Zone.
>>
>>52423535

>refers to units with no warscrolls

It clearly says replaced with new warscrolls, meaning shit like the empire regiment is no longer playable since those units aren't even in the generals handbook.

Again one is clearly for open play and the other is for matched. Going compendium is fine but nobody is going to let you play with a pre-nerf warscroll just because its better.
>>
File: IMG_3753.jpg (49KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3753.jpg
49KB, 600x620px
>>52423545
You better not have any flesh in your list, anon. You don't want any of that weak stuff, right?
>>
>>52423585
>Going compendium is fine but nobody is going to let you play with a pre-nerf warscroll just because its better.

show me where in the rules it says you can't
>>
>>52423609
Ghosts don't have flesh, so no.
>>
File: IMG_3756.jpg (56KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3756.jpg
56KB, 600x620px
>>52423666
>ghosts
>no bones
>no calcium
Pretty weak, anon.
>>
>>52423677
Hex Wraiths have bones, and calcium and are in the ghost subfaction.
>>
>>52423631
>says you can't
Name 1 flgs(GW) say you can? It is all about common sense and social interaction. AoS rules are quite "loose", terms like "mount" do not have a clean definition, if you wanna argue everything is alright, but just tell us the reason behind instead of act like a troll.
>>
>>52419827
Never, I guess?
>>
File: Angry Skelly.gif (996KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Skelly.gif
996KB, 500x276px
>>52423677
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

40 x Skeleton Warriors (320)
- Ancient Spear & Crypt or Tomb Shield

5 x Black Knights (120)

5 x Black Knights (120)

5 x Black Knights (120)

10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields

10 x Grave Guard (160)

10 x Grave Guard (160)

Total: 1920/2000

Anything I should add to this, Anon? Decided to go full Skelly.
>>
>>52424259
Ring of immortality is useless. Costs points to use..
>>
>>52424337
It does? Counts as a summons?
>>
>>52424350
Yeah, it's wierd, but it's in the FAQ I think.

Someone needs to let me know if it's the same for Phoenixes.
>>
If you yell WAAAGH! really loud, should you get to add 1" to your charge?
>>
File: warhammer_aos_death_en.pdf (351KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer_aos_death_en.pdf
351KB, 1x1px
>>52424380
I don't see it?
>>
>>52424423
Only if it shatters glass
>>
>>52424431
>>52424380
Or here. Or I missed it, anyway. Might have.
>>
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Might is Right
- Artefact: Battle Brew

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Black Orc Big Boss (100)
- Deff Choppa & Shield
- Artefact: Battle Brew

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 7 Big Choppas
- 3 Choppa & Shield

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Ironfist (60)

Total: 960/1000

How'd I do?
>>
>>52424423
Nah, but you can add 1 to your fun or embarrassment stats.
>>
>>52424482
I prefer the tried and true megaboss/warchanter + 4 units worth of ironjawz in an ironfist.
>>
>>52424523
I'm mostly just running this with stuff I have. I also own a Gargant and 3 x Gore-Gruntas.

I will probably buy SC! for a Warchanter, 10 more Ardboyz, and Gore-Gruntas to sell or make into scenery.
>>
how many battleline units do I mead at 1500?
>>
>>52424551
>>
>>52422514

20's fine since they can't all hit anyway most of the time, but take a Ghast Courtier. With a little luck they'll be replenishing back to full fairly regularly.
>>
>tfw you want to start an army that has very little support (compendium + warscrolls) and will probably either never be updated and/or totally revamped if it does get an update

feels bad man
>>
>>52424457
>Ring of Immortality requires you to buy your General again to come back with D3 wounds

Why would this be a good item to pick?
>>
>>52424985
Because that wasn't in the General's Handbook.

I'm now not picking it.
>>
>>52424958
What army, Anon?
>>
>>52425018

Wood Elves/Wanderers. I was really hoping Adepticon would have some sort of Aelf news (no I wasn't shitposting about it) just so I'd know if they were getting squatted, but oh well.
>>
>>52422678
Pretty typical Sylvaneth list
Too many tree revenants, and the battlemage is not optimal
>>
>>52425044
They aren't being squatted. No army currently available is.

They would have done it by now.
>>
>>52425060

I meant more of a "soft squatting" where they re-release them and half of the old models are useless or have no longer legal weapons or something. But yeah I guess you're probably right.
>>
So I'm just getting into AoS, looked in the links but didn't see it, are there any links to download the Grand Alliance books?
>>
>>52425089
Just the order one. It's just minor fluff in them, anyway.

All the warscrolls are on GW's site, and the points are in the General's Handbook.

If you really need the fluff that badly, the books are cheap enough.
>>
>>52416846
the thumbmail looks like a classic painting
awesome
>>
>>52424259
wouldn't graveguards be better with two handed weapons instead of shields ?
plus why no wight king with banners ? it can save a few bones, especially for the grave guards
>>
>>52424259

Wight King: Tomb Blade/Red Thirst combo
Consider dropping something for a second Wight King too, this time with the Axe of Fuck You.

>>52425395

Shields are slightly better against mass infantry units since GG don't get Skeleton revival bullshit. Also IMO shields look way cooler. That said, I am pretty sure the 2-handed weapon is a better option against almost anything you want to be fighting with GG rather than basic Skeletons.
>>
Okay so noob question, just getting into this game today and still have some reading to do, but right now this is easier. In the General's Handbook, the Battalion Warscrolls have a set point cost. Does that mean it costs that many points for the entire warscroll? For example, the "Blood Host of Khorne" is listed as 120 points, so is it 120 for ALL the units required?
>>
>>52425509
No, 120 points is how much the Battalion costs. You have to then buy the units at their cost too.

So example, at 1000 points, you buy 880 points of units and then 120 for the battalion to make it 1000 points.
>>
>>52425569
Okay, I see now, thanks for your assistance
>>
>>52425060
>They aren't being squatted.
Yeah just half f their army (includng all individual models except Araloth) are OOP.
>>
>>52425478
>>52425395

Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade + Infernal Standard (120)
- General
- Trait: Red Fury
- Artefact: Tomb Blade

Wight King with Black Axe (120)

10 x Black Knights (240)

10 x Black Knights (240)

10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blade

10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blade

Total: 2000/2000

Anyone got any advice on putting a standard on the wight king, by the way? Or could I just take one from a Grave Guard kit and stick it on it's own base to go with the king?
>>
Anyone got any basing ideas for Arkhan?
>>
Fucking poorfag idiot.
>>
Which army has the best fucking sluts?
>>
>>52417177
Fucking poorfag idiot.
>>
>>52426086
Aelves.
>>
Should I get some Nurgle Blightkings or some more warriors after my slaves to darkness starter box? I'm doing a mortal nurgle army
>>
>>52426131
Blightkings are great, and have a fantastic kit. Get some.
>>
>>52426149
Here's my list, even though it's 50/50 daemons/mortal
-- The Paragons of Flennza (Chaos) --
>Leader
Herald - 100
Lord of Plagues (Bronn Kai) - 100

>Battleline
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100
10x Plaguebearers - 100

>Behemoth
GUO - 240
Soul Grinder (Blade) - 280

>Other
5x Blightkings - 180
5x Blightkings - 180
3x Plague Drones - 220
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
5x Chaos Knights (Glaive) - 200
--2000 points

2 sqauds of 5 BKs would be a nice edition to the SC, but you still need some range/fast units
>>
>>52426173
for >>52426131 oops

Too much resin filings are bad for my brain
>>
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Great Weapon
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade

Gunmaster (80)

30 x Freeguild Handgunners (300)

20 x Freeguild Guard (160)

Empire Cannon (180)

Empire Cannon (180)

Total: 1000/1000

A friend's gifting me about 36 Handgunners, and I was thinking of getting into the game with a list like this. Would it work just fine?
>>
>>52426241
Replace a cannon with another Guard, otherwise it's alright. Maybe move up to a general on griffon if you ever expand into a higher points bracket.
>>
>>52426173
That's pretty close to what I'm doing, though I'm putting a Nurgle Daemon Prince finecast in there instead of the Soul Grinder
>>
New thread
>>52426357
>>52426357
>>52426357
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.