[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dwarves >Suposedly long-lived >Supposedly sturdy >Supposedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1487056908816.jpg (16KB, 171x337px) Image search: [Google]
1487056908816.jpg
16KB, 171x337px
>Dwarves
>Suposedly long-lived
>Supposedly sturdy
>Supposedly great halls

>Lose to green manlets with sharpened sticks and alcoholism all the time

Why do all dwarves suck so much?
>>
>>52409910
Usually extremely low-population and slow breeding, resulting in a serious weakness to any sort of attrition. Sure, the Goblins might lose 50 soldiers for every Dwarf they kill, but not only do the Goblins have way more backups they'll replenish their losses in a tenth of the time also.
>>
>>52409929
Actually this sounds right
>>
>>52409929
Then the Dwarves had no business ever having a great empire in the first place, or existing, really. This is how the Cromagnons beat the Neanderthals.
>>
>>52410504
Sometimes the Goblins are either far-off or otherwise newer threats to the Dwarves in certain settings, while in others they have the ability to repulse the little shits more often than not, it really depends on the setting.
>>
>>52409910
> >Lose to green manlets with sharpened sticks and alcoholism all the time
They only lose because they often neglect to build "Fuck the world" lever.
Take away the sense of right and wrong from dwarves, and they become unstoppable.
>>
File: Moradin.jpg (44KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Moradin.jpg
44KB, 400x480px
>>52410504
Natural selection goes out the window when you have a god artificially selecting you against all threats.
>>
File: crocodile-eat-arm.gif (19KB, 599x295px) Image search: [Google]
crocodile-eat-arm.gif
19KB, 599x295px
>>52409910
>>52410631
Honestly, if you really want to entertain yourself fo a moment, imagine a Dwarf Fortress dorf transplanted into your average kitchen sink fantasy with dungeons, dragons etc., and, yes, dwarves. Like, there are fantasy dwarves, and there's this Dwarf Fortress dorf.

Remember, dorfs are some really hardcore motherfuckers.
They subsist entirely on the diet of plump helmet wine and bread. They require no luxuries and they work restlessly, digging deeper and deeper greedily until they reach the FUN! part. A single dorf throwing a tantrum can destroy the entire fortress if the circumstances are unfortunate enough. They are masters of elaborate Rube Goldberg contraptions that flood everything with magma. Their craftsmen adore inscribing eldritch imagery that would destroy the sanity of a lesser man on luxuriously made and lavishly detailed items. They train their children by throwing them into a cage with animals.

And imagine their fucking reactions when they are dropped in a generic fantasy setting:
>"Hey, guys, guess what, we're having a carp soup for dinn--"
>"A CARP?! WHERE?!"
>"Whoa, slow down there, Mr. Dorf. You are a pretty peculiar fellow for a dwarf, but you shouldn't be always on edge. It's just a little fish, it's not like it ever actually hurt anyone."
>[traumatic "THE CARP STANDS UP" flashbacks intensify]

This shit is more hardcore than Slav drow, I tell you - yknow the ones, the Grigori's and his cousin's letters, or whatever their names are
>>
>>52410631
What sense of right or wrong? More often than not, they fuck up themselves because of their uncontrollable greed.
>>
>>52410781
>Slav drow
But dwarves are the slavs of fantasy
>>
>>52410504
>>52410581
Their fortifications ought to protect them against goblins. A typical human castle wall is already extremely effective at warding off even well-equipped foes; some primitive gobbos who can barely attack a rock to a stick would just gaze at it in awe and confusion.

>>52410631
Sounds like White people.
>>
>>52410867
Gobbos, in LotR at least, are the inventors of dynamite.
>>
>>52410781
Fuck, this I'd like to see more of
>>
>>52411008
Then go install and play Dwarf Fortress!
Start with the lazy new pack, it used sprites instead of ascii code. I promise you will have "fun".
>>
>>52411033
I already have DF, I meant a dorf juxtaposed with a normal fantasy setting
>>
>>52410781
LOL XD
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.