[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do if your setting's most benevolent, most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: im-a-super-hero.jpg (60KB, 500x768px) Image search: [Google]
im-a-super-hero.jpg
60KB, 500x768px
What would you do if your setting's most benevolent, most philanphropic, most powerful character... snapped?

For those who don't know, the source is Irredeemable. For those who do know, shhh, I'm only up to Volume 5
>>
>>52393129
Really depends on the character him/herself. Most likely, a control freak if it was a suepr hero, a bit like Superman in Injustice (DC comics).
>>
>>52393129
Well considering those three things don't all belong to one person it's hard to say.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that in most settings "Most Powerful" and "Most Gud" aren't the same.
>>
>>52393129
Irredeemable is a shitty comic.
>>
>>52393222
Being at volume 5, I'm right where the Hornet's Vespa Protocol comes to fruition, and I'm going to admit there's a lot of shit that doesn't make sense here.
>>
>>52393300
I'm not talking about what makes sense or what doesn't, I just hate the premise. It's just like those "Dude, what if Superman became evil?" comics, but with edge cranked up to eleven.
>>
>implying they haven't already snapped
Well, she is currently conquering entire countries in a day.
>>
>>52393427

To be fair that concept usually produces some of the best Superman.
>>
>>52393129
That's actually the plot of the final arc of my setting.

Basically, everyone knows he is ultra capable, powerful, intelligent, wise, and kind. But throughout all the previous campaigns he has been hair-pullingly passive. He will give good advice, and is very accommodating, but he never does anything to directly oppose any of the evils of the world and seems content to just sit back and write philosophy for the setting's developing, post-apocalyptic societies, starting the major religion and so on. It's generally assumed by everyone that he is either a true pacifist / coward who happens to also have a lot of interesting things to say and some good ideas on culture and governance, or a villain with some real long-term plans he is nursing while only playing pope.

The reality is that in the early stages of the apocalypse he realized that magic, which had just been introduced to the setting and was responsible for the apocalypse, was sapient and omnipotent, but not very mature. It latches onto exciting or dramatic incidents and pushes them along, empowering acts of valor, making practical the rule of cool, and so on. But it doesn't necessarily abide by human morality, and its chaotic effects and nature are prone to causing great destruction.

The "bbeg"s pacifism, then, is actually just a ploy to hold Magic's attention and try to teach it that this is the way it ought behave.

But he is growing tired of this role and really just wants to die. Unfortunately, if he does, magic will just go back to being ADD and chaos will ensue.

So the party needs to beat the shit out of him and tell him to stay on that fucking cross or else they'll be back.
>>
>>52394915
Red Son is literally the best Superman comic of all time

Maybe even the best DC comic of all time, with the new frontier closely behind
>>
Depends on what you mean by powerful. The planetary governor would probably relentlessly force his men against the separatists and orks, which would probably make for a nice Only War campaign.

The head astropath would attack the orks by himself. Or deliberately make a freight ship crash into the main ork base. Or hypnotize the governor and make him snap. Which would be quite the problem considering he's the last astropath who's experienced enough to teach the handful of trainees.
>>
>>52396828
And hes not evil in Red Son
>>
File: 1364416271302.gif (106KB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
1364416271302.gif
106KB, 352x198px
>>52393129
Irredeemable was Irredeemable shit. The fucking spinoff, Incorruptible, was 10 times better.

It's just part of this new wave of edgy horseshit that hipster nerds like to jack off over because they want to relive The Watchmen and because no one wants to admit how inherently immature the genre is.

It's exactly like Worm in that way, over-rated YA garbage soaked in Euphoria and 'the ends justify the means' whut if da superheroes were da real villainsz anti-establishment horse shit.

The problem with all of these works is they don't exist in the CONTEXT that Watchmen did. The 90's, and ironically the Watchmen itself, has made all of these idea's passe. Why yes, it turns out heroes can be flawed and even immoral people credited with more moral behavior than they actually have by virtue of happenstance and human herd mentality.

The Watchmen was an excellent work, but it also signalled the start of the whole fucking 2 edgy movement that plagued the 90's, an era that all the big comic companies are fucking DESPERATE to get back to because it was a time when their sales were the best they had ever been, a golden age of profits. Not realizing it was their own mismanagement and spirit grating dross that eventually led to the same crash at the close of the 90's that nearly killed them.
>>
File: TG.gif (944KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
TG.gif
944KB, 500x345px
>>52397262
It's worse than nostalgia, it's uninformed BUSINESS nostalgia, the nostalgia of old men in suits sitting around a table trying to figure out how to appeal to kids these days.

And for better or worse (tip: it's worse) all the content creators came up in this era of post ironic edge, so this is what they remember from their childhood, so they try to REPEAT the process to bring back 'when comics wuz gr8' not realizing their comics were in fact, the worst to ever exist.

This gigantic clusterfuck can only be topped by the shit cherry that is the companies also trying to disonantly pander to a younger 'hipper' SJW crowd that doesn't even read their material at the SAME TIME even though these two goalposts are in direct opposition and united only by what fucking TERRIBLE idea's they are.

In short - please go back to /co/ and take your terrible hamfisted garbage with you while I try to drink myself to death
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.