[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as Emrakul turned out to be basically good or not outright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1457379807214.jpg (60KB, 600x651px) Image search: [Google]
1457379807214.jpg
60KB, 600x651px
So as Emrakul turned out to be basically good or not outright malevolent, could she one day join the jacewatch?
>>
>>52382774
"They were always my pieces Jace, I'm just tired of playing."

Nah, she's an otherworldly force that is far above all the bullshit the jacetice league or Nicol Bolas is into.
>>
"Me'mrakul"
fuck Kimberly J. Kreines and fuck white people
>>
>>52382774
The only scenario I could foresee that would justify an Eldrazi joining the Gatewatch is if Yawgmoth himself came flying out of the blind eternities while overlaying a thousand planes.
>>
>>52382850
>Eldrazi talking
Jesus WotC is shit at writing.
>>
>>52382851
fuck you for spreading the taint of diversity and cultural marxism into card games
>>
>>52382774
Did some huge fucking upheaval happen in the WOTC writing staff around RTR? Becasue basically all the lore has been literally the worst since then, and I refuse to believe that the people who introduced the eldrazi as great old ones proxies would then have them FUCKING CHAT to the protagonists without driving them utterly insane.
FUCK, jace is a telepath, just exposure to emmy's mind of unknowable scale and complexities should pop his skull like a balloon. Fuck gatewatch.
>>
>>52383606
It wasn't actually Emrakul. It was an impression she left on his mind in order to avoid bursting it like an overripe tomato. Jace tried to speak to the actual Emrakul, and it almost annihilated him just by the mere act of touching it's mind.
>>
>>52383606
>>52385415
> mildly better
Still think even one eldrazi arriving is a fuck you gg situation. It took three of the most powerful planeswalkers working together to seal the bastardy, only Nissa can somehow use her snowflake powers to kill them? Fuck.
Also, planeswalkers shouldn't work together like jacewatch. I preferred ugin, sorrin and nahri all being collossal dickbags to one enough just because "I'm a planeswalker I do what I want"
>>
File: UGHHHHH.png (16KB, 620x295px) Image search: [Google]
UGHHHHH.png
16KB, 620x295px
>>52382774
You know, BFZ/OGW was shit. No, no. Don't defend it. It was really poorly written and the ending was the worst of all, but ok, sure. WotC made a mistake and it was the beginning of their new form of storytelling.

...Then SOI/EMN came and it was a little better, but in the end it was a crappy story. Only saved by the Innistrad nostalgia and aesthetic.

I'm sure WotC writers are aware of these issues, but the feedback comes too late and I'm pretty sure they have corporate pressures that make them chage some aspects of the stories.

Also I hate how they just copied Marvel. "SUPERHERO MOVIES ARE POPULAR, LET'S MAKE A SUPERHERO TEAM!!!!"
>>
>>52382978
It was not a direct communication. It was Jace's attempt at processing Emrakul's attempt at communication, and receiving a garbled mash of incomprehensible things that sounded meaningful but couldn't be made sense of.
tl;dr Emmy talked, Jace heard a seizure and thought something in it sounded like words
>>
>>52383606
>I didn't read In the Teeth of Akoum or Quest for Karn
Thanks for sharing that with us, Anon.
>>
>>52385554
>Also, planeswalkers shouldn't work together like jacewatch.

When Planeswalkers don't want to work together, and instead be colossal dickbags to everyone around them, even themselves, We get the entirety of the Zendikar and Innistrad situations. Also Nissa was less than useless against Emrakul. Emrakul's impression on Jace's mind literally stated that if it wasn't for the fact that she desired nothing, she could have very easily crushed the Gatewatch and consumed Innistrad.
>>
>>52383606
>FUCK, jace is a telepath, just exposure to emmy's mind of unknowable scale and complexities should pop his skull like a balloon.
It deliberately avoided that.
It could've. Definitely. If there was any maliciousness to Emrakul's behavior at all, the gatewatch would've been writhing eldrazi puddles with the rest of Innistrad.
But Emrakul didn't even want to be there. Emrakul without "her brothers" is an incomplete existence. The strong implication is that Ugin was not wrong when he demanded that the other two not be killed.
>>
>>52385554
>It took three of the most powerful planeswalkers working together to seal the bastardy, only Nissa can somehow use her snowflake powers to kill them?
Ugin could've killed them at any time. He deliberately chose not to, and manipulated Sorin and Nahiri into believing it was impossible.
He didn't even blink when the gatewatch killed them. He always considered it a possibility. His limited knowledge of what the Eldrazi are, however, stayed his hand.
>>
>>52385645
So it talked.

I'm not sure how what you posted contradicts the other guy's complaint
>>
>>52386121
Sure, if you count some ineffable screech that mortals cannot fathom as talking. No big deal, all lovecraftian entities talk in that case. His complaint is thusly hollow.
>>
>>52386314
>Sure, if you count some ineffable screech that mortals cannot fathom as talking.
There's an /r9k/ joke here, but I'm not clever enough to dig it up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.