[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, /co/ told me you could explain on why he was such an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: dm.jpg (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
dm.jpg
8KB, 257x196px
Hey /tg/, /co/ told me you could explain on why he was such an asshole even though he was on the side of the kids
>>
Kids are shitty and will whine if they don't have shit to do.

Would've just been walking everywhere, with complaints about feet hurting.
>>
>>52371047

Hey bro, just saw your thread over there too.

It's the job of the DM to be an asshole. If you've ever played with a weak-willed DM things often get out of hand quickly, and you get shitty powergamers steam rolling over the sessions.
>>
>>52371126
yeah but isnt wasnt his endgame defeating the big bad? wouldnt fucking your players have the opposite effect?
>>
>>52371047
The idea is that he was just about all powerful, but in one episode he mentions his actions have consequences. Could he have just made the entire trip for the kids easy and just sent them back home? Maybe but then we don't know what the consequences would be.

He sees his purpose as to give the kids just enough so that they can solve the problems themselves. That way when he is unable to be there to assist the kids should have enough experience to face problems on their own.

At least that's MHO
>>
File: 1459877981322.png (106KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
1459877981322.png
106KB, 300x294px
>>52371047
he forces the kids to better themselves because he believes in them and wants them to be powerful enough to support themselves, not have to rely on him
>>
File: dnd dm.jpg (195KB, 471x677px) Image search: [Google]
dnd dm.jpg
195KB, 471x677px
>>52371161
He was strengthening them for the final battle. Making them into adults and warriors. Hand-holding and doing everything for them would not have had the same results.

Also, he had mad bitches to fuck.
>>
>>52371161

You are taking the DM being an asshole, with being actually antagonistic. He needs to be a strict asshole to get the group to actually function together.
>>
>>52371161
>>52371239
the unproduced 28th episode (which I believe was done as an audio skit for the DVD release) revealed that his endgame was to free Venger, his son, from the forces of evil, and the kids were the only ones who were able to accomplish this, which was the main reason he kept dicking them around.
>>
>>52371299
Lol thats so dirty
>>
>>52371047
>why he was such an asshole even though he was on the side of the kids
Although he was largely benevolent, he was manipulating them to become the heroes he, and the world, needed.
Their intended goal of leaving the world was directly opposed to his goals of them becoming heroes.
So, he manipulated them by masterfully leading them towards their goals in ways that would lead to them being heroic and yet likely failing to get home.
Effectively, he was making them better heroes while constantly jerking their chain.

>>52373525
>>52371251
>>52371239
These sound about right.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.