[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My players just bought a covered wagon to travel across the continent.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tree skeleton.jpg (157KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tree skeleton.jpg
157KB, 500x750px
My players just bought a covered wagon to travel across the continent. They also bought some trade goods that they intend to sell to turn a profit. Aside from boring things like goblin raids and broken wagon wheels, what are some exciting Oregon Trail-esque events that I could throw at them to make their trip a bit more interesting? Thanks!
>>
File: you-have-died-of-dysentery.jpg (91KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
you-have-died-of-dysentery.jpg
91KB, 1280x960px
Singular bump
>>
>>52363322
wendigo
>>
>>52363322
the fugg happened?

also, skeletons of previous expeditions, animated
>>
>>52363322
fording rivers and that rafting minigame at the dalles.
>>
>>52363556
Don't know where the image is from, but I figured it was appropriate.
>>
>>52363322
Bates Motel-esque inn
>>
>>52363556
Stag was on hind legs reaching for a branch, got his antlers caught, couldn't break free and probably died of asphyxiation. Never seen it myself but I've heard of people running into shit like this. Given the quality of the photo though, the scene's probably just been set up by someone.
>>
>>52363322
Fantasy Wilderness is fucking scary.
Dragons, trolls, beetles the size of castles, all sorts of OH FUCK moments where they have to GTFO or fight like hell.
People who LIVE in fantasy wilderness are fucking scary. When the grizzled one-armed ranger tells you to get the fuck off the road, it's gonna be fun no matter how the PCs react.
Food! How are the PCs staying fed and watered?
People! It's a caravan! It's a hitchhiker! It's a bunch of pilgrims! It's a fucking army get outta their way! Plenty of fun things to run into on the road.
(Super)Natural events! Earthquake, waterquake, skyquake, timequake, tornado, sharknado, bear storm, thunder storm, dragon mating orgy, reverse rain, the works.
Mapping issues! There's a fork in the road that's not on the map! Or the fork in the road is only on the map! Or the road goes off the map! Or the map goes off the wagon, better go grab it before it's gone!
Terrain! Upsidedown hills, having to ford rivers of fire, aggressive clouds, bridges that take their own tolls, a city on a million giant golden legs just casually crossing the road, areas where geometry goes all lovecrafty, areas where geometry goes all abstract mathy (arguably worse that lovecrafty), shortcuts through other worlds, other world roads that take shortcuts through this one, forest fires, fire forests, all sorts of shit.
>>
File: 1353886783666.jpg (28KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
1353886783666.jpg
28KB, 245x320px
>>52363640
>timequake
>>
>>52363640
>areas where geometry goes all abstract mathy
I had a dream like that once.
I think I woke up.
>>
>>52363556

Forest fire. Deer got caught, couldn't break free, bambi got cooked, yo.
>>
Here's a good one OP that I threw at my players in Curse of strahd.
Huge thunderstorm that reduces visibility, create conditions that make them have to travel through the night.
Quick sand
And a gibbering mouther
If the wagon starts to sink, the horses die so they have to save the horses.
But at the same time a terrifying monster that though isn't super tough makes that situation a night mare.
Cheers
>>
>>52366254
Horrible and sinister.

I like it
>>
File: Ch5Pg186.png (82KB, 270x325px) Image search: [Google]
Ch5Pg186.png
82KB, 270x325px
>>52363680
>>timequake
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.