[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I avoid accusations of inserting politics into the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: islamization of mirkwood.png (78KB, 428x101px) Image search: [Google]
islamization of mirkwood.png
78KB, 428x101px
How do I avoid accusations of inserting politics into the game when said insertions, are, in fact, part of published campaign based on estabilished canon on universe?

Should I just shrug it off as coincidence?
>>
Tell them to deal with it.
>>
replace it
>>
>>52334214
point is, some of them are /pol/ so they are likely to VOCALLY like this while others are counter/pol/ and can get triggered
>>
>>52334186
Well, it's not like this is the first time this kind of thing has happened. Just point that out.

The real problem is going to be the group devolving into political bickering. Be sure to keep them moving or you'll be mired in it.
>>
>>52334241
Tell them to put on their big boys pants and deal with it.
>>
>>52334241
First problem: >/pol/

You should avoid recruiting players from either extreme of the political spectrum.
Second problem: you're obviously playing with children.

If they're so easily agitated, or look excuses to spout their political ideology whenever possible, they're not behaving like rational, respectable adults.

Talk to them, warn them. Make the rules of your table clear as can be.

If that doesn't work, then punish them. (Meaning kick them from the session until they've come to understand their mistake.)

If that fails, kick them out, permanently.
>>
>>52334186
>How do I avoid accusations

Don't. If you get into that mindset then you'll just be neutering your creative impulse and quadruple-guessing yourself at every turn. Instead, deal with accusations if and when they arise. No harm in planning that out in advance.
>>
>>52334186
Don't. If they ask, tell them that it's part of the published campaign.

Tell them to wait until after session for politics talk, and preferably not at your house. If they get triggered mid-session tell them to suck it up or leave.

Aside from that, let the party deal with it in game.
>>
>>52334186
Just give the whiny cunt in question a stony glare and ask, "The fuck are you gonna do about it if I am? If you had the chops to be running a game, you'd be running a game."
>>
>>52334186
Just mix in some red pills in the snacks and you'll be fine op don't worry about it
>>
If anyone is enough of a pansy to get outraged at the very idea that there could be refugees from a civil war, you shouldn't be playing games with them.
>>
>>52334186
You should've given them a trigger warning when you were having session 0.
>>
>>52334186
If you don't have the stones to tell your players to grow up and deal with it, you could try altering some superficial details to make it less likely to rustle their jimmies.
>>
>>52334186
It's their problem that they can't take that away from their minds. If they can't do so during a session to just fuckin' play it's everyone's problem. Then they either stop or go away.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.