[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have the oppertunity to buy some Gen 1 Pokémon cards that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

So I have the oppertunity to buy some Gen 1 Pokémon cards that were reprinted in 2016..

My question is: How much are these things worth? Should I bother?
>>
A.

B. "Pokemon evolutions" packs are still in stores. Just go buy some.
C. As a general rule with Pokemon cards, if you have to ask, they're worthless. You would already know if you had one of the extremely few cards worth anything.
>>
File: Pikachu.jpg (31KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu.jpg
31KB, 317x450px
>>52326184
I can buy a rare pikachu, a Shiny mega charizard, a growlithe and some other ones.. Idk, maybe they're worth something
>pic related, it's the pikachu
>>
>>52326149
You should go on /vp/ - they have active pokemon tcg community and general thread
>>
>>52326530
> tfw have that one in my old sets
Is that actually worth stuff? I have a ton of old cards.
>>
>>52326530

That's one chubby Pikachu.
>>
Pokemon cards have a low value ceiling but a high value floor. CoolStuffInc buys bulk commons and uncommons in lots of 1000 for $60. By comparison, they buy bulk Magic commons and uncommons at $4 for 1000.

I wouldn't bother buying these cards unless you intend to use them to play the game, anon. In fact, I probably wouldn't bother buying these specific cards at all.
>>
>>52329334
back in the day, Pikachu was a fa/tg/uy. All that battling over the years slimmed him down.
>>
>>52326149
Whoa, lets back up a bit. They reprinted the Gen 1 stuff? All of it or just some of it? Is it the Evolutions stuff >>52326184 mentioned?
>>
>>52326149
I have that Holo Machamp. I see some online going for thousands of dollars, while some are ten bucks, and I can't tell the difference between them.
>>
>>52326149
the 1st edition japanese prints have some value. Everything else was way over printed.

Only buy these cards if you want to play the game and have friends to play with. There value can only decrease, frankly, as is the case with most collectible fandom from the 2000s onward.
>>
File: evolutions charizard.jpg (43KB, 322x450px) Image search: [Google]
evolutions charizard.jpg
43KB, 322x450px
>>52330564

XY Evolutions didn't reprint original base set cards so much as it did rework them.

Even then only a selection of cards, mixed with some other stuff.

That Pikachu from >>52326530

Is not the Evolutions Pikachu. It's the E3 promo base set Pikachu from 1999. Not especially valuable but it's worth a few bucks. Not currently playable.
>>
>>52332679
Blast. Still cool enough that I should look into it though, thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.