[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If somebody is unemployed and looking for work, how acceptable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1454904861121.png (211KB, 474x426px) Image search: [Google]
1454904861121.png
211KB, 474x426px
If somebody is unemployed and looking for work, how acceptable is it for them to run or join some kind of weekly game, knowing that if the opportunity for employment comes up but it makes them unable to continue whatever campaign they've started, they'll ditch the campaign for work?

I'm not asking IF they should ditch the game for work- that's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. I'm just curious if you fa/tg/uys think it would be irresponsible or rude to have joined a game in the first place if you're looking for work.
>>
>>52320297
Are you looking for a night job specifically ?
>>
>>52320388
At first, I was looking with a preference for jobs that wouldn't interrupt any games I'm already in. But I haven't had any luck with that so far, and I can't keep holding out for ever. I'm getting close to the point where I'll just take any job I can find, no matter what the schedule is.

Not to say it's impossible that the games I'm in could be rescheduled if needed, but I also don't know with certainty that they could because I don't know what hours I'd be working at whatever job I hopefully find soon.
>>
> I'm just curious if you fa/tg/uys think it would be irresponsible or rude to have joined a game in the first place if you're looking for work.

give them a heads up on the situation, any reasonable person should understand and be accommodating
>>
>>52320297
source?
>>
Just let your players pay you real money for in game items. Like a korean rpg.
>>
>>52320828
Man, if only that were an actual option. Roll20 recently started allowing a pay-to-play games, but for a multitude of reasons I can't bring myself to try and run a game I charge players for the privilege of playing in. Even if I did though, that's far from enough money to live on, unless I were running a pay-to-play game every day of the week.
>>
>>52320915
Well hop to it, little fella!
>>
>>52320297
>work
Ugh.
>>
>>52320915
>Roll20 recently started allowing a pay-to-play games

Wait, what? Elaborate? I might be willing to start DMing some fetish ERP shit if it pays. Or anything if it pays, but I imagine people with weird fetishes would be easiest to wring money out of.
>>
>>52321006
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3735894/code-of-conduct-paid-gming

Here's their official post about it, apparently, but if you look around the game listings you'll probably spy a few pay to play games. I had to look myself, just to see if they're actually getting players. They seem to be, with varying rates that can be charged by the hour or by the session.

That said, IIRC Roll20 takes down any game that actually advertises itself as an ERP game, although if you exercise a bit of subtlety in your game description it might fly.
>>
Usually with younger players in groups, they're not as understanding. Once the age rises to the point where they might have jobs or their friends might have jobs, then this becomes a non-issue so long as you keep everyone informed.
>>
>>52320297

I've played with unemployed players before. I've played under unemplyed DMs before.

At absolutely no point did I feel bad when they stopped games due to finding work.

I've played, and DMed, while unemployed.

At absolutely no point did I get the impression they felt bad when I stopped games due to job-seeking. When I finally had to cut a game because I actually FOUND my job, they did not complain either, but were happy for me.

People gotta eat. This is understood. Don't worry.

If anybody does take issue with it, don't worry either - they're the cunt, not you.
>>
>>52321125
This more or less I had a player who gm and had to stop due to finding a job and had to stop my game due to finding a job too. As long they tell me and they are not bullshitting me (if they didn't want to play I rather have them tell me that) then its whatever.
>>
>>52320297

>Posting on 4chan's /tg/
>Thinks employment is going to happen

I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your elfgame.
>>
>>52321748
>>Thinks employment is going to happen
>I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your elfgame.

I've been on 4chan since probably 2005

During these 12 years (how the fuck has it already been 12 years holy shit) I have been a university student, a neet, a sailor (early discharge), a neet again, a student again, unemployed for almost a year after graduation and I'm now a salary-in-the-top-10% programmer.

I fucked lots along the way, but "visited 4chan" was never one of the mistakes.
>>
>>52322125

I should add:

I was in basically no games during my first time as a student, probably 2/week while a neet, 1 whenever-I-had-time in the navy, up to 4 a week while neeting again + while studying, cutting that down to 1 a week during half a year of studies-related commuting, up to 4/week while unemployed, down to 2 a week while working.

However: tfw no gf. It turns out that there are not a lot of new girls to meet when your friday night plans are "meet the same friends I always meet."
>>
Anyone who gets mad about this is an autist unworthy of time or oxygen.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.