[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you put pic related as a major threat in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 78

Why haven't you put pic related as a major threat in your setting?
Realistic setting-makers don't need to reply, we know your answers
>>
>>52312554
I have a fear of pickles.
>>
File: atoraru ka.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
atoraru ka.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>52312554

Because I traded up from an Angry Pickle to Mecha Mantis.
>>
>>52312554
Because I draw my inspiration from places other than Monster Rancher? Or whatever this thing is from.
>>
File: MH4-Shagaru_Magala_Render_001.png (1MB, 1238x1505px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Shagaru_Magala_Render_001.png
1MB, 1238x1505px
Because I'm putting this thing in as a major threat

so I can put in an apex deviljho
>>
>>52313700

>Monster Rancher

Wow, forgot that existed, nostalgia bomb
>>
>>52312554
I'm not a "rocks fall" sort of DM.
>>
Give me a rundown on the pickle, anon.
>>
>>52314184
>Deviljho is a Brute Wyvern introduced in Monster Hunter 3.
>Deviljho is armed with a powerful set of jaws that it can use to deliver bone-crunching bites to prey and foe alike. In addition, its powerful hind legs allow it to run at relatively high speed and leap considerable distances towards prey. When enraged, Deviljho is capable of producing a mysterious clouded emission which can be shot out of the mouth in a stream at prey. This substance contains the Dragon Element and can be very deadly to hunters as well as other monsters.
>Deviljho is a nomadic monster, prone to wandering vast distances in search of prey. Its status as a super-predator allows it to overtake the territory of any monster that stands in its path. Because of the extreme amount of energy its body consumes, Deviljho is always in search of food sources. It is known to be cannibalistic, and is also prone to eating prey alive in order to waste as little time as possible in replenishing its energy.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Deviljho

Bonus: Almost no one likes to hunt it because of its difficulty and it regularly appears on quests unrelated to it, an example being "I have to hunt a Rathian then BOOM, Deviljho appears out of nowhere.
>>
I hear in monster hunter the hunters are offspring of ancient super soldiers or something.
>>
>>52312554
>>52314281
So it's a roadrunner dragon?

No offense laddies but I'll need a lot more reason to put this in my game beyond 'videogames are fun'
>>
>>52314347
Try watching someone hunting a Savage Deviljho (OP pic).
I like it in my games because it represents the sheer cruelty of nature and it's rather hard to kill .
>>
>>52314347
Well, there's more lore to it.
Basically to produce this dragon element, its internal body heat is greater than molten rock.
To keep this fucking abomination of a body running, the Jho needs to eat.
And eat.
And eat.

It isn't a roadrunner because it's how it hunts, and it isn't like some super fast land animal. The thing is a fucking TRex that eats entire ecosystems and has to keep looking for more shit to eat.
In fact, sleeping for more than like eight hours can kill a Jho because its body starts shutting down.
>>
>>52314337

The tentative lore is that there was a war between humans and dragons and that the humans of the game are decendants of the super human warriors who fought dragons even stronger than the ones currently present in the game.

You can see bits of this in the fact that their weapons and armor tech is kind of all over the place with examples such as the Artian Armor and certain weapons being described as being made with technology that is not easy to replicate or is entirely lost.

On top of this, you have specific monsters called Elder Dragons that are set apart from almost all other monsters are are considered to be literal forces of nature incarnate.

>>52314347
Well nothing says you have to copy it whole sale but you can certainly take inspiration from it. Whenever I eventually get my homebrew game off the ground I plan on introducing a monster like Deviljho that is intelligent enough to speak and is essentially a modified Terrasque of sorts and will occasionally just show up if the PCs are in the right place and cause problems for them like it does in the game.
>>
File: World of Synnibarr Bears.jpg (86KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
World of Synnibarr Bears.jpg
86KB, 500x666px
>>52312554
>not having flying bears with laser beams for eyes
>>
>>52314484
Arzuros doesn't fly....And it doesn't have lasers....But it is a big blue bear with dragon like skin on it's body!
>>
>>52313700
Paul W S Anderson, is that you?

You always confuse Monster Hunter with Monster Rancher.
>>
>>52314347
It is basically a perpetually hungry, fat TRex-zilla with rows of shark teeth growing by the dozens covering most of it's face, it has a corrosive saliva and can vomit up toxic clouds of who knows what.

It eats anyone and anything it finds, if there are other monsters in the area, it eat that, if it pins you down, it will eat you, if you cut it's tail with your sharp ass sword IT WILL EAT THE TAIL.

When it gets mad it overheats, steam fumes out of it's skin and it's muscles bulk up and it get's even huger, the skin stretches exposing scars all over it's skin, just like Zangief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhh7x6lqinU
>>
>>52312554
I have used azuros before, as well as pokemon turned into monster hunter monsters.
>>
>>52314347
An always incredibly, incredibly hungry roadrunner dragon, that hits like a truck and shoots anti-dragon hyperbeams, and whose main prey is other megafauna, such as dragons.

Like, you don't understand how hungry this thing is. If you cut off it's tail, it will stop midfight (because it doesn't see you as a threat, just particularly difficult morsels) to go eat it's own severed tail because "oh boy a big hunk of fresh meat that's easier to eat!"
>>
File: 2935823962.jpg (77KB, 736x292px) Image search: [Google]
2935823962.jpg
77KB, 736x292px
>>52312554

I love the Pickle but let's face it, at the end of the day he's just a T-Rex with disgusting stats and a very very very, extremely, bad attitude.

I'd rather put in dinosaur Mike Tyson with explosive fists.
>>
>>52312554
In short: i didn't consider it

in long: it fucking is now
>>
File: 13757875225_95b8d5f96e_b.jpg (358KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
13757875225_95b8d5f96e_b.jpg
358KB, 1024x684px
>>52312554
>Realistic setting-makers don't need to reply
Monster Hunter creatures are good for realistic settings, they are fantastic animals but are way easier to fit into a realistic setting.

The ones I like to use are the Pseudo-Wyverns, like the Tigrex.
>>
File: 81yrkEyYNiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (281KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
81yrkEyYNiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
281KB, 1500x844px
>>52312554
Because I'm going for more of pic related with a few other inspirations mixed in.
>>
>>52316055
I just said that because of muh Dragon Element.
Well, yes, apart from the Elder Dragons and some few fantastic monsters, MH is a nice source for realistic settings.
Bonus points to you because you like Pseudowyverns
>>
File: Shoggoth.jpg (3MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Shoggoth.jpg
3MB, 2500x2500px
>>52312554
Because in my setting, an overgrown lizard with an arcane digestive tract would be more of an every-day thing. Pic related would be considered a "major threat"
>>
>>52316055
>>52316183
MonHun might as well be a 3rd-party Monster Manual
>Lao and Laviente are Tarrasque-tier threats
>Fatalis and other various EDs can ravage a country's ecosystem as Elder Wyrm-tier threats
>Kirin is a superbeast Druids can eventually call on in a 'pray to nature' desperation move
>belligerent threats like Rajang and Deviljho can be thrown at the party to ruin their day
>almost an entire chapters worth of wyverns/psuedo-wyverns
>plenty of herbivores and other fantasy beasts like the Gargwa and Rhenoplos
>>
>>52312554
They exist. The party has found the corpse of one.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
>>52312554
Because this.
SPOILERS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhb8ajhUNU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j8KpHSl9Pg
>>
>>52312554
because one of the PCs is basically one of those.
He -will- eat.
>>
>>52312554
Because Jho is cool and all but Stygian Zinogre is terrifying.
>>
>>52313844
Spin the disk.

Unlock the power.

Monsters rule.
>>
File: MHGen-Glavenus_Concept_Art_001.png (164KB, 980x523px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Glavenus_Concept_Art_001.png
164KB, 980x523px
>>52315556

>Not wanting a monster that sharpens it's sword with it's own teeth
>>
>>52316155
I feel a little bit bad for Sony, they really tried this time, but Nintendo punched them in the dick without even trying. And they didn't need SJW game critic bait like "strong female lead" or "ethnically diverse population" to artificially inflate the public perception of their genuinelly good game.
>>
>>52317475

It's sad because while the setting was interesting, the end product suffered from the same thing most big western devs suffer: a pathologic lack of charm.

It's like, they have this cool idea, and the gameplay is at least passable, but everything it's so drenched in the widespread western ideal of making things epic and mature in the hollywood sense that it turns out generic and stale.
>>
>>52312554
My players are stranded in an island with a Dr. Moreau cult of zooanthropes and a Tarrasque that randomly shows up to fuck them up.
>>
File: sickos.jpg (20KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
sickos.jpg
20KB, 152x254px
>>52312554
But it is in my game.

There are a fucking ton of monster hunter monsters in the game. And a hunting guild.

Of course the game is a mashup of breath of fire and monster hunter, so.
>>
>>52317555
Yeah, the thing that'll keep people randomly replaying BOTW for decades to come is not some "epic" story or "deep" subtext, but the stupid funny things you can do interacting with the enviroment and NPCs, and the freedom it gives you to build your own challenge.

Video Games are fucking toys at the end of the day, we don't need hollywood or literally masterpieces from them, we need A GAME.
>>
File: Deadly Taro.jpg (21KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly Taro.jpg
21KB, 500x271px
>>52317475
>Horizon releases
>Zelda comes out like a week later to blow it the fuck out
>Some PS3-looking open world game made by a fucking madman comes out a bit later than Zelda and also blows the fuck out of horizon

It even deals with a post apocalyptic earth over ran by machines.
>>
>>52314281
I'm gonna just take the Dragon element and use it in everything because fuck yes
>>
>>52317475
I don't feel like they did it for an SJW commentary, they did it because it made for a good story. That's all they needed out of Aloy, and she definitely delivered.

>>52317555
I find Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to be pretty similar in terms of gameplay. They both did something similar by making the game, well, hard in the same, "if I'm cocky or not careful, I'll still get jobbed by these low level enemies," way that the Dark Souls games did. Whether it's moblins or watchers, if you don't pay attention, they'll kick your ass.

The difference between East and West, as far as games development goes, isn't a lack of charm or a need to be, "big," or, "epic," it's that games are seen as media, despite them not being considered art, and media is covered by television and hollywood execs.
>>
File: sandships.png (685KB, 1111x357px) Image search: [Google]
sandships.png
685KB, 1111x357px
>>52317612
>mashup of breath of fire and monster hunter
That is a nice mix, I like how both universes have huge dragon and sandships.
>>
>>52312554
Because Achaekek is currently running around.
>>
>>52317798
>I don't feel like they did it for an SJW commentary, they did it because it made for a good story. That's all they needed out of Aloy, and she definitely delivered.
Aloy was designed by Loish and like everything she draws, she's pretty much Loish but prettier.
It's the Captain Planet ensemble or multicultural people that gave me hard SJW-pleasing vives.
>>
>>52314708
>>52315369
The other really funny thing with the pickle is what happens with a Qurupeco (Giant bird thing whose schtick is mimicking other monster roars to get them to show up), since EVEN OTHER MEGAFAUNA SCARED OF THIS MOTHERFUCKER.
>Quru dials up a Deviljho
>Deviljho shows up
>Quru shits its britches and leaves area
>Follow because you're only getting paid for the Quru
>Quru gets pissy that you're trying to murder it
>Repeat
>>
>>52314281
I was once known as the Jho-Killer. People used to send me friend requests as soon as the quest was over because I would rock that pickle's world with my Greatsword. I don't know why people were so afraid of it, as if you could beat a Narga you could easily beat the hungry rex.
>>
>>52318450
I find that hard to believe, considering they went through several dozen different concepts before finally settling on the one we got. What you've said sounds like one of those things where someone who has no idea what they're talking about presents something as fact, no one questions it, and it gets spread around by everyone that's been told it, as though it actually were fact.
>>
>>52318611
Oh, right, forgot to add in:

When you get towards the end of the game you get to go behind the door her tribe considers to be their goddess. Inside you see a bunch of holo-recordings of cloned children, the early part of the Apollo project that failed because Faro, the guy that ruined the world in the first place, got a second chance by being accepted onto project zero dawn, had purged Apollo because he saw knowledge as a disease. They were cloned from all of the researchers that were a part of the project, who were from all over the world, and my theory is that they eventually found a way out and, since they were basically children despite being adults, they had this weird, slanted, mystical view of the world that got twisted in the retelling over several generations.

So, yeah, that's why there's so many different colors of people in one small area in the game. It's not an SJW commentary, it's the logical conclusion of project zero dawn.
>>
>>52317754

On the monster hunter sub on reddit they had a discussion on how Valfalk actually does it jet powered flight and natural it came down to Dragon Element since it's essentially "breathing" dragon element out of it's wings the same way The Pickle breathes it out of his mouth, except he can't use it to fly Yet
>>
>>52312554
Because I'm waiting on you to post a major threat.
>>
>>52318811

White Fatty? I mean, you have to deal with Lao Shan Lung because it's running away from the Black one which is basically the babby form for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>52318601
While I'm newer to monhun, not every weapon is good at picklebashing.
Narga I can handle easy. It's one of the easiest things out there.
Jho gives me some trouble because it's hard to reach anything but his feet with SnS, and because that's the only thing I can hit I get stepped on and danced at.
>>
File: Felyne fighters.jpg (53KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
Felyne fighters.jpg
53KB, 600x451px
I've never played monster hunter but I like the ideas about it and think it has some pretty cool monster designs and ideas.
>>
>>52318890

Good thing Aerial Style fixes that. I sorta feel like a bitch for abusing Aerial Switch Axe but damn does it get the job done.
>>
File: 1489538342173[1].jpg (549KB, 1800x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1489538342173[1].jpg
549KB, 1800x2100px
>>52318771
>>
>>52318995
>Aerial SnS
Ewww.
You know, I like the idea of styles, but they did NOT balance what each of them lost at all. Nor really gave any incentive to stick with Guild, since pretty much every weapon had a style that lost what was basically Shit All
>>
>>52318692
No ammount of lore can change first impressions, Sonygger.
>>
File: oR8aSD6.jpg (41KB, 465x923px) Image search: [Google]
oR8aSD6.jpg
41KB, 465x923px
>>52319023
>>52319074
Well, maybe. Alot of depends on the monster and how you feel like fighting it. I almost exclusively fight Khezu with Addept Bow and use Adept Bow because being able to adept dodge is worth only having the one HA slot. Then again I perfer Guild Swatch because it has the lunging poke on the axe mode that is missing from the other styles and now there is incentive to use axe mode more in XX.

But before we turn into /v/ time for more /tg/ shit.

What do you guys think of other aspects of the MonHun universe? The idea of powering weapons with the phial system seems neat as they seem to be reloadable batteries to enchant your weapons with
>>
>>52319087
>Sonygger
>last console I bought was a Wii, back a few days after it first came out
>not a Wii U, a Wii
>don't really care to buy any new consoles, not enough games I want to play on them
Nice try, but it's time to go back to your board, /v/irgin.
>>
>>52318890
I'm having success with Aerial sns, but I'm also an awful scrub who shouldn't be giving monhun advice.
>>
>>52318890
You must learn to use many weapons in your hunting career. Do not always rely on one.
>>
>>52318601
I had something similar going on in Tri, was a Lance master so people sought me out to tank the elite hunts while they who couldn't ignore the wyvern's attacks dealt damage and ran like bitches to heal/sharpen while I distracted it.

Haven't played MonHun since, don't own any new console or handheld because I took it to life and became a seasonal fisherman, now I go from Alaska to Mexico hunting for giant crab and tuna the size of a man.
>>
>>52319144
I absolutely love the crafting shenanigan idea. Gotta go all animism to correctly capture the 'essence' of a critter to take its powers.

What would be even more fun would be expanding the food system so you can get food buffs from all the random shit you're killing as well.

I like that the phials are effectively unlimited, serving as more a tempo cost than a resource cost.
>>
File: Rajang dickings inbound.jpg (55KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
Rajang dickings inbound.jpg
55KB, 500x686px
>>52319215
>>52319215
Yeah, something like Incarnum from 3.5 would be perfect for that I think, combined with Phials you could store your ambient soul energy in them to activate the power of the animal your weapon/armor was derived from or some shit like that.

Also, how does your last character deal with being attacked by a Golden Rajang?
>>
File: Dyos.jpg (342KB, 2500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Dyos.jpg
342KB, 2500x3000px
>>52315556
I, too, am a fan of the fucking Brave Icon. It's the monster that made me fall in love with the game, and the one that forced me to actually get gud.
>>
>>52319215
I honestly feel it's seriously just someone stopping to think 'Wait. If all these critters have scales tougher than steel and claws sharp enough to rend our armor apart, why are we still using regular metal and not using these tougher-than-steel scales and metalrending claws for our gear instead?'
And considering how many fantasy properties have creatures with said characteristics, you'd think those ideas would come up more often.
>>
File: 1480380917409.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480380917409.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>52319427

Well I imagine the hard part is you still have to get the material off the monster because the monster ain't just going to give it to you and all you have is your regular metal shit against it's iron scales and adamantine claws/teeth and [insert special power here]
>>
>>52319496
Hence making shitty armor, killing little things, making them into armor, killing the next thing, making IT into armor, killing next bigger thing, etc.

You don't try to run in and teabag the picklebeast in basic gear.
>>
>>52319651
Dragon scale armors and gear out of your legendary kills is often found in myth. The Nemean Lion got turned into the best armor ever and a set of armor-piercing daggers. And Medusa's head was the first tactical nuke.
>>
>>52319286
Nah, the phials are probably just mundane, with the rest of it.
I'm talking like how the armor sets have a theme that's mostly separate from the armor, most visible on the female sets
>Deviljho parts have a sort of biker motif
>Khezu parts make for a nurse outfit
>Rathian parts make for a bigass courtly gown
>Teostra/Lunastra sets are basically noble outfits made of armor plate
Which reflects back on the 'identity' of the monsters themselves
>Deviljho gives no fucks and barges in breaking things
>Khezu gross as fuck and also heals fast
>Rathians have that whole 'queen of the land' thing going on
>Teostra/Lunastra are giant bitches
It's not just the bits, it's the personification.
>>
>>52319780
>Rathian parts make for a bigass courtly gown
I always thought of it as a maid uniform.
>>
>>52315556
>Barbarian Rex with a negative energy breath weapon
I'm pretty sure the average dragon would think twice about tangling with that.
>>
>>52319780

Congalala is the actual biker but I get what your getting at.That's also the other fascinating part about MonHun is the themes associated with the Armor.

For instance, Tamamitsune's Armor is associated with a wedding gown or robes for such a ceremony while it's weapons are those used by preists and nobles.

Gammoth's armor and weapons talk about a giant mountain god.

Steve's Armor mentions a golden army marching to victory.

So on and so forth.
>>
>>52319804
Depends on whether it's a tiara or a headband.

Also also, the palico outfits have an even more extreme version, when they're not just shrunken versions.
>>
>>52316514
Thank you for posting that, I know realize I need to watch Shin Godzilla because that motherfucker is scary. Maybe I'll just have him wandering around a setting as a casual fuck you to the gods and any large civilizations or monsters that catch his eyes.
>>
>>52319780
>Teo a bitch
You get the fuck outta here. Teo is the goddamn best.
>>
>>52316500
>Monster Manual
An absolute bullshit one. Health thresholds on ED breaks? That's just being a cunt to your players. Fuck you Teo, 25% is a bullshit threshold for horn break
>>
>>52316183
The Elder Dragons tend to be more weird than fantastic.
Their numbers include a whale that headbutts walls to cause earthquakes and a flying octopus covered in trees .
>>
>>52315264
I like to use pokemon as spirits desu, elementals specially. Of course very modified so players don't directly acuse me of plagiarism but I think some suspect that already.
And I Like to use monsters of any setting I Like, but tailored to a lower level of magic.
>>
>>52321024
Stealing this idea
>>
>>52314708
>the skin stretches exposing scars all over it's skin, just like Zangief.
Zangief scars come from wrestling brown bears in Syberia
>>
>>52322083
><megafauna> scars come from wrestling <other megafauna> in Syberia
Right, what did that other anon just say?
>>
>>52312554

I'm serious about huge monsters in my setting anon.

Please elaborate on what this monster does, apart from looking like a t-rex reject.
>>
>>52318890
>Narga I can handle easy. It's one of the easiest things out there.
It was nerfed to the ground after MHFU
It was a nightmare back then
>>
>>52322231
Eats whole ecosystems and parties of hunters. Also shoots beams of concentrated FUCK YOU and is ALWAYS ANGRY ALL THE TIME.

on that note, I'm thinking about running a MH campaign in future. How do you capture the feel of the monster hutner world in tabletop form?
also monster ideas i guess
>>
File: brachy anatomy.png (942KB, 1273x716px) Image search: [Google]
brachy anatomy.png
942KB, 1273x716px
>>52322231
To be honest, deviljhos aren't the most fantastical of monsters. Like you and others point out, it's basically just a more monsterish looking T-Rex, and doesn't act much differently in-game. It's whole life is just roaming the earth and ravenously eating whatever it finds, ruining the ecosystem.
There are far more interesting monsters that all mostly have decent explanations for their biology
This son of a bitch >>52315556 for example cultivates a kind of slime mold in it's body that it then mixes with saliva to prime it for detonation. Thought he was utterly ridiculous at first but now one of my favorite designs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrsUL-T1ag

also have this for a nice selection of beasties the series has to offer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCXnCm_TG8
>>
>>52322231
T-rex made of hunger and hate

There's a variant thats hungrier and hatier
>>
Agnaktor is the Best Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfWOSca0ik
>>
File: seltas.png (323KB, 504x479px) Image search: [Google]
seltas.png
323KB, 504x479px
>giant angry pickle
>when you could have queen giant tank bug learned in the art of forceful gattai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgaENq73xcA
>>
>>52318561
Even is the mission that has you hired to capture the Qurupeco alive, if it dies the mission fails and don't get paid.
The Qurupeco mimics the roar of a Deviljho and attracts one but since Deviljho is a truckload of bullshit and hunger it will try to kill and both you and the Qurupeco and ruin the mission in two different ways.
>>
File: DEUS VULT DEUS VULT.jpg (174KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT DEUS VULT.jpg
174KB, 1280x853px
>>52322594
TO HELL WITH GATTAI
>picking literally any option other than the glorious golden mega-ultra chicken who is also a knight of the wind and edgy enough to cut through power armour
>any armour set other than DEUS VULT: golden edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6ZDsnX0GY
>>
File: angriest pinecone.gif (710KB, 345x194px) Image search: [Google]
angriest pinecone.gif
710KB, 345x194px
>>52322715
Steve is small time
>>
>>52322730
The seltas queen is fake news.
>>
>>52322715
>>52322594

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgYPYJhmVV0

>Not wanting the Gogmazios

It's like you don't want to ruin nations with natural made exploding tar.
>>
>>52322787
What about that new thingy from XX?
Rocket.
Propelled.
Dragon.
>>
>>52322796

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiwyd0HXoGo

Barufaruku is my new favotire although I love the Fated 4 as well as Malfestio and it's Deviant.

I imagine Baru will get a Deviant as I don't think it's an Elder Dragon.
>>
>>52322875
Holy shit its a fukken jet engine dragon

Move over Queropeco you've been replaced.
>>
>>52322875
Bad news, bro.
But no one ever said Elder Dragons can't get deviants. Following the concept, Ashen Lao-Shan Lung and Rusted Kushala Daora and maybe Gold Beard Ceadeus, which is speculated to be a fully grown Ceadeus are in fact deviants.
>>
File: zsadfg.png (12KB, 276x281px) Image search: [Google]
zsadfg.png
12KB, 276x281px
>>52322969
Forgot the fookin' pic
>>
>>52322355
Replace the tavern with a hunter's guild and make everything revolve around hunting, farming and gathering.

Technology and culture is a bizarre anachronistic mix of medieval and modern or even futuristic stuff. Cities and villages that look feudal but have a oddly captalistic trade network powered by airships, sandships and boats and protected by hunters.
Sometimes when mining you may find archeotech embed in the rocks, there are ruins everywhere and since monsters are a constant danger to the few isolated cities, war between humans is almost never a thing.

It has a upbeat highadventure feel to it where everything goes together.
A party of hunters may have a knight in armor made of red wyvern scales using an semi automatic rifle made of wood, an old guy wearing light armor made out of amphibious dinosaurs that look like a stripper cowboy with assless chaps and all using a heavy bayonet canon as a weapon, a girl with armor mado out of stone scales from a stone wyvern and using a katana made of sharpened insect chitin that is longer than she is tall and a small cat like creature using a armor made of sharp golden scales and using a huge bone as a weapon.

Clothes, armor and weapons are made out of not only metals and common leather but also monster parts (hide, scales, bones, fangs, etc). Even bullets for guns are made using nuts and bugshells, almost as if all natural resources had been engineered to be useful and/or weaponized in one way or another.

Hunters have ranks, low ranks hunter only have permission to take missions to hunt small velociraptor like bird-wyverns or hunt herbivores for meat. As they finish missions they may be given a Urgent Quest, both a sudden dangerous monster that needs to be dealt with and a test, if they beat it their Rank goes up and they are allowed to tackle more dangerous missions.
>>
>>52322355
The best way to get the idea really is playing the games, but you can watch these to get the general feeling of the games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2WcwiF7OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Rm9E-mWUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOr0d1hNuH0
>>
File: 1432998990800.jpg (64KB, 720x380px) Image search: [Google]
1432998990800.jpg
64KB, 720x380px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZAQ9_QK5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOf53VonL0

For anyone wanting a sense of scale on some of these monsters.

>when the giant sand whale isn't the biggest thing anymore
>>
>>52322594
When the Seltas Queen is hungry if there is no food near her she might grab the small male Seltas and smash him in the ground a bunch till it dies and then eat him, then she just calls for the next Seltas in line with her stinky pheromones.
>>
White Fatalis rapes you even with high lightning resist.

It would tear Pickle, and his WEAKNESS to lightning, to shreds with his nuclear lightning blasts.
>>
>>52323138
It's just a reflection on the modern day woman.
>>
>>52323182
>Literal Dragon God wrecks figurative Tyran lizard
They are on a different scale
>>
>>52323219
Definitely, even though Jho hits harder physically.

How would we stat them? And maybe the other Elder Dragons and such?
>>
>>52323234
>How would we stat them? And maybe the other Elder Dragons and such?
Depend on the system
>>
>>52323248
Maybe DnD for simplicity?
>>
>>52323259
I'm going to stat some of them in DnD4 for a spin-off campaign of my main one
>>
>>52323271
Which ones?

Alatreon and magma nuclear reactor dragon might be a doozy.
>>
>>52323271
Don't forget to share with us. I've always thought of statting them but I don't have enough willpower to do it.
Will you use existing creature types/subtypes, like undead, draconic, beast and so on?
If I did it, I would classify them like the games: Flying Wyvern, Brute Wyvern, Leviathan and etc.
>>
>>52323297
Would you have them kill Jaggis like they were rats?
>>
File: Akantor_Artwork_2.jpg (264KB, 1099x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Akantor_Artwork_2.jpg
264KB, 1099x1008px
>>52312554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsrXGDidf3A

Before the Deviljho we had the Akantor.
A huge mountain of spikes, rage and hunger.
These Tarrasque motherfuckers live on the Volcanic Belt, are resilient enough to dig through rocks and dive on magma, emerging from spikes first, looking like Lavos. They eat anything that gets in their way.
They are related to the Tigrex, and like the Tigrex it has a powerful set of lungs, it can send you flying with it's concentrated hurricane breath and while the Tigrex could actually hurt you with it's roar if you were to stand too close to it, the Akantor's roar can hurt not only you but shatter the ground around, causing magma to erupt from small cracks around it.
When enraged it's blood pressure sky rockets, just like the Tigrex, but while the Tigrex only had bulging pulsating veins appear on it's skin, the Akantor actually over heats to the point that the skin shines fiery beneath the cracks in it's armored hide.
>>
File: MHP3-Zinogre_Render_001.png (180KB, 476x343px) Image search: [Google]
MHP3-Zinogre_Render_001.png
180KB, 476x343px
Best monster
>>
File: 1489954623061.jpg (425KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489954623061.jpg
425KB, 900x600px
>>52312554
>Implying I haven't bought half a dozen monhun figure builder boxes solely for this purpose
As soon as I can be bothered typing up how armour crafting would work, the fun begins.
>>
>>52322875
Cool Mega Latios you've got there.
>>
>>52323394
His cousin is a joke though.

>>52323399
Breakdancing lightning dog is cool.
>>
File: Jaggi-1-1.png (128KB, 498x386px) Image search: [Google]
Jaggi-1-1.png
128KB, 498x386px
>>52323332
Jaggis are more like dogs or wolfs, they bark, jump around harassing their prey and hunt in packs.
>>
>>52323394
Someone please tell me why are Akantor and Ukanlos classified as Flying Wyverns.

I wish we had a detailed evolutionary tree of some sorts. Perhaps Capcom will make it when Monster Hunter "ends".
>>
File: MH4-Nerscylla_Render_001.png (705KB, 652x774px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Nerscylla_Render_001.png
705KB, 652x774px
Could bring this into D&D as one of Lolth's monsters.
>>
>>52323435
Jaggis hunt in packs, hunter.
>>
File: White_Fatalis.jpg (85KB, 692x484px) Image search: [Google]
White_Fatalis.jpg
85KB, 692x484px
>>52323182
It is the only monster I could never beat.

I like to think that it was worshipped as a god in ancient times and given offerings on that insanely huge tower, it's theme song was the song the people played in the worship rituals.
Now that the tower is in ruins and the people who built it are long gonne it still comes back to the tower and sometimes finds snacks to eat there (aka Hunters).
>>
>>52323290
>Which ones?
I don't know yet
Tigrex, Rathian, Rathalos and Akantor for sure
>Alatreon and magma nuclear reactor dragon might be a doozy.
Good idea
Most of the monsters are good idea though

>>52323297
>Don't forget to share with us
Obviously
>I don't have enough willpower to do it.
I understand, that's a lot of work, I'm not sure I'll do as much as I'd want to
>Will you use existing creature types/subtypes, like undead, draconic, beast and so on?
>If I did it, I would classify them like the games: Flying Wyvern, Brute Wyvern, Leviathan and etc.
I'll probably use both system, with the games type as main type and DnD types as subtype
If I remember well, there's some justification for Gore Magala being undead in the games

>>52323435
>Jaggis are more like dogs or wolfs, they bark, jump around harassing their prey and hunt in packs.
They are literally DnD drakes
>>
>>52323444
They're from the same family of wyverns as Tigrex, the wyverns that live a more terrestrial life and so their wings function as forelegs
Over time these huge ones lost the use for their wings and they became vestigial stubs, or in the case of Ukanlos completely gone
also look here >>52323399
Even though he's classified as fanged "wyvern", he looks the farthest thing from the term. but that pair of spikes on the side of either foreleg are likely to be remnants of wing structure
>>
>>52323457
Someone wrote up a supplement with stats already, I believe called doodles and dragons. Would post but mobile.
>>
>>52323457
>Nerscylla
Holy fucking shit, I love this monster
Its appearance, its movements, its moves, its "lore".
Nerscylla is a masterpiece
>>
>>52323516
>Song
>GIVE ME HOT FISH over and over
Other than that he's not too hard outside his armor mode.

>>52323520
How about Chameleos too?
>>
>>52323209
Could also be a reflection on mindless men who will do anything in order to get their dick wet.
Glorious anthropocentrism.

It is actually based on how many arthopodes do have huge aggressive females and tiny males, males having to risk, or outright give, their lives in order to reproduce.
>>
>>52323542
>How about Chameleos too?
Noted
I don't have all names in mind, I'll make a list later
>>
>>52323582
Do make haste.
>>
>>52323599
I'm at work right now
Count 4-5 more hours at least
(I'll probably start during work though, with the name I remember)
>>
>>52323632
>At work
>On 4chan
Must be a slow job if you have the time to post and hang out at /tg/.
>>
>>52323640
It is a "slow" job
>>
>>52323520
See if you can fit in Teostra. Who doesn't love the flying explosion ball that looks like he'd be a fucking awesome pet
>>
>>52323689
I hate him so yeah, it's gonna be there
>>
>>52323711
>Always charges out of nowhere
>Swipes always reach you
>Chains his super nova into anything
Hate that fucker. Learning you can walk out of all his attacks as a bow user was glorious.
>>
>>52319496
In Monster Hunter you have the added dificulty of Guild regulated drops.
You and your party get a money reward and a few monster parts but the bulk of the monster resources goes to the guild and the contractor who hired the guilds services. The hunter can carve out a few pieces of the monster during the hunt but it is also regulated, you may get special permission to carve more pieces and/or get extra rewards materials (in game these permission are given through special meals and armor skills, usual videogame bullshit excuses to unlock things).

Hunts are regulated to prevent mass hunting and extinction, since the world economy revolves around the hunts.
Illegal poaching, like unregulated hunts where the hunters get to hoard all of the monster spoils for themselves, is the one of the few things that can trigger a conflict between humans, it is only mentioned in the Monster Hunter and alude to on the description of the Guild Knight set of armor design, they have small rapiers and small guns on the belts of the armor, those are not used to hunt monsters but against human criminals, like the small bolt pistols the Comissars from WH40k have that are not meant to be used agaist the cosmic horrors but against Guardsmen that step out of the line.
>>
File: 1474053604964.jpg (611KB, 1365x2042px) Image search: [Google]
1474053604964.jpg
611KB, 1365x2042px
>>52323711
Why? He's a fun fight. He doesn't blueball like Kush who just sits in the sky with his tempest aura, he's not a sponge or set-piece like Gog, Dalamadur or the Mohrans and he's not a tiny skittish ball like Kirin.

That said, Amatsumagatsuchi is probably my favourite Elder Dragon
>>
>>52323782
Guilds are greedy though and the only mantles or heavenly scales you come across are those you carve yourself or what is overlooked by chance.

What do they even DO with all those mantels?
>>
>>52323787
Alatreon is my favorite.

Elementally unstable dragon plus its armor look on both males and females won me over.
>>
>>52314281

Also don't forget when the giant Toucan decided to call it into the battles as well. And then gets eaten by it
>>
>>52323872
It's like an abusive relationship.
>>
>>52323457
The idea of a giant spider-like creature that captures wyverns on it's webs, eats them and absorbs their poisons to use as weapons and wears their hide for protection is just perfect for D&D, it doesn't even have to be a monster hunter setting, it's just easy to fit it in any fantasy setting.
>>
>>52316873

Glavenus is my favorite monster so far. He's a Blacksmith Samurai T-Rex, not to mention being fun to fight.
>>
>>52324128
Blacksmith Samurai Carnotaurus*
>>
>not just scaling up whatever you like
I'm going with a circle of death knights sworn to an undead king in my next campaign.

Can't be helped. I always had a boner for Lord Soth. Also, Power Word: Kill will always put the fear of god into a party.
>>
>>52319196
>hunting for giant crab
Is this you IRL, anon?
>>
File: ironbeard.jpg (7KB, 301x168px) Image search: [Google]
ironbeard.jpg
7KB, 301x168px
>>52319196
>I took it to life and became a seasonal fisherman, now I go from Alaska to Mexico hunting for giant crab and tuna the size of a man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTheDJt8kIY
PAH
>>
>>52324389
Kek
>>
>>52319074
They gave each weapon subtle-but-useful gimmicks in Guild Style that are supposed to be streamlined out of the other styles, but then they go and enter paths to regain those gimmicks. Like with Greatsword, you *should* only be able to Strong Charge in Guild Style, but in Adept Style you can still Strong Charge if you're attacking from an evade, and in Brave Style you have access to it as long as you keep your meter up. Guild Hunting Horn has a unique way to quickly enter multiple notes; Aerial and Adept take that unique way away, but then each give you an *even better way*.
>>
>>52312554

Because I only have room for one magically enhanced murderous super-tyrannosaurus in my campaign and he's wind themed instead of lightning themed.
>>
>Your party fights through the bandit camp
>Encounter the leader of the bandit, who starts boasting about himself
>Mid-dialogue, a Deviljho lands on top of him and eats him alive

Only proper way to introduce the pickle to your players.
>>
>>52325533
>>Mid-dialogue, a Deviljho lands on top of him and eats him alive
I like it.
>>
>>52325533
>Jho eating a bandit when there's tastier things around, like trees
>>
>>52325572
It's a reference to how players get introduced to Jho. Once you reach high rank in Tri, you unlock a seemingly simple quest to hunt some HR Jaggi. In the MonHun world Jaggi, Jaggia, and Great Jaggi are associated with bandits. Halfway through the quest you get to the area of the map where carnivores like Jaggi usually lair, and just when you're about to finish up this giant green thing jumps down, scatters the trash mobs you were hunting, and attacks you while you're probably still wearing low rank armor.
>>
>>52325624
My first introduction to that thing in Tri was the qurupeco.
>>
>>52325581

>Be a Pickle
>Came to this shitty forest to find something to eat
>Fuck am I hungry
>Killed 1000 kelbi. Not a bad snack
>Hear some human talking and shit ruining my snack
>Leap over and bite him in one good go
>Taste like shit, at least Congalala shit is spicy
>See more humans standing before me
>My work is never done
>>
File: Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg (82KB, 1319x650px) Image search: [Google]
Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg
82KB, 1319x650px
>>52325624
>>
>>52323787

>My little Elder Dragon can't possibly be this cute.
>>
>>52313660
>good choice anon :)
>>
>>52325533
>lands on top of him
No no no
Jhos come from the ground.
Knowing that this giant fuckoff spiked pickle can burrow? That's real horror
>>
>>52324128
>that feel when I first met him in mhx during the village quest and I felt that I could take him, but was using sns because I thought they were good for some retarded reason
>later during the urgent question beat him first try with no carts or mega potions
Still the best of the new 4.
>>
>>52323549

If you want to go that far >>52313660 here is actually a female. The lore is females are brownish color and males are golden but because the female ate so many of them her body changed color and she uses the corpses to help build/pilot her junk mech.
>>
>>52325838
SnS are good--if you're using a dedicated elemental or status setup.
>>
>>52326509
Define 'dedicated'. Slapping <appropriate element> on while using That Element and grabbing a good sword of each element dedicated?
Because that was more than enough for 4U at least.
I like my magala SnS. It whispers to me.
>>
>>52326934

>Not giving into the hungering desire to kill from using Pickle's weapons
>>
Here is what I'd like to stat:
Gen-, Io-, Gia-, Veloci- prey/drome
Gravios
Diablos
Gravios
Rath couple
Lao-Shan Lung
Yian Garuga

Blango/nga
Conga/lala
Ceanataur/shogun
Hermitaur/Daimyo
Kushala Daora
Chameleos
Teostra
Yama Tsukami
Rajang

Akantor/Ukanlos
Tigrex
Nargacuga

Barioth
Nibelsnarf
Deviljho
Lagiacrus
Alatreon

Arzuros
Duramboros
Zinogre
Amatsu
Brachydios
Dire Miralis

Gore Magala
Nerscylla
Seltas/Queen
Dalamadur
Gogmazios
Glavenus
Astalos
Gammoth
Malfestio
Mizutsune
Nakarkos

Barufaruku

Both Akura
Laviente
Nono Orugaron
Kuarusepusu
Baruragaru
Forokururu
Toa Tesukatora
Voljang

Merphistophelin
Tartaronis
Slicemargl
>>
>>52327935
Since you've got Gore Magala, that means you're going to do Shagaru Magala as well, yes?
>>
>>52328038
I'm not sure yet
>>
>>52327935
Neat list. Does 4e have something akin to an underwater combat system? Maybe the Hipchecker, Gobul and Ceadeus could be viable.

And subspecies. Will they be the same as the main species, but buffed? Or treated as different monsters?
>>
>>52328067
You really should, considering Gore is just a juvenile Shagaru.
>>
>>52328068
>Does 4e have something akin to an underwater combat system?
Nope
I hated underwater combat in 4e so I won't miss it
I'm still going to stat Lagia and Mizu first, see if 4e can do underwater combat and decide after

>And subspecies. Will they be the same as the main species, but buffed? Or treated as different monsters?
Both
Same as the main species with buffed stats, element changes if needed and added abilities
I'm not going to do all of them, only the ones that are sufficiently different from the original
>>
>>52328125
Now that I think of it, there's no "Holy Evil" monster on the list, Shagaru will do
>>
>>52328256
Shaggy Maggy is good for that, yeah.
Plus you get happy funtime 'RNG' mines!
>>
File: thonk.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
thonk.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>>52328144
>>Does 4e have something akin to an underwater combat system?
>Nope
>I hated underwater combat in 4e
>>
>>52328798
I hated underwater combat in Monster Hunter*
>>
>>52328294

When it goes into it's engraged state they sure seem to do a damn good job of placing Frenzy mines right underneath your hunter.

If you were stat something like that I would say if you failed to resist the roar and were stuned then one would appear underneath you for sure and you'd have to pass some kind of dodge check to get out of the way before it blew up.
>>
>>52329202
To be fair, its accuracy is based entirely on rank.
Low, it's completely random.
High is random with a high percentage of being close/under at least one hunter.
G is 'random' in the sense of 'I put the die down with the twenty face up'
>>
>>52328826
Wasn't that bad.

Whale dude's beard is a pain in the ass though
>>
File: dragonator.webm (3MB, 570x340px) Image search: [Google]
dragonator.webm
3MB, 570x340px
>>52323101
>>
>>52330665

New monster from XX?
>>
>>52330802
Yeah, it's the big boss for unlocking your hunter rank. It also controls a giant mecha with those threads and has a stupidly good armor set.
>>
>>52330874
And weapons.
And is a good source of charms. And armor spheres. And hunter points. And cash.
>>
>>52317475
>And they didn't need SJW game critic bait like "strong female lead" or "ethnically diverse population" to artificially inflate the public perception of their genuinelly good game.

I hate that whenever there's a non-white character in a game now it's automatically SJW-bait. Man, I just want to see someone who looks like me for once without it being controversial in some manner or form.
>>
>>52331078

Wait, are you saying that you hate that non white characters are put into many games it's usually as a tactic to garner sales though diversity points, or do you hate that when there is a non-white character it's seen by a ton of people as just being done for diversity points and people only talk about that? Or is it both?
>>
>>52331156
The second one.
>>
>>52323444
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Mckrongs/Ecological_Tree_Plots
I found this.
Also, checc'd. Good job, me.
>>
My whole group plays Monster Hunter. They introduced it to me so they would have someone to play hammer. I've already had them fight the akantor and the kushala daora.
>>
>>52319087
Oh so close but you showed your hand too quickly.

/v/ shitposting has gone down hill FAST.
>>
>>52330665

If the only one I played was Monster Hunter Tri, are the portable ones playable? I've always been wary about playing action games on portables.
>>
>>52312554

Would the mouseguard ruleset be something that could be modified to play Monster Hunter? The use of the scale system was something i liked and reminded me of this. Maybe something with traps, weapons, or gear letting you act at a different scale for actions.
>>
>>52322472
I've personally used Agnaktor, Gigginox and Lagiacruz in my games. Now my players are paranoid of caves and shorelines.
>>
>>52328068

You could probably do Gobul in just very heavily marshy/Fen terrain. Have it hide as pathways across the walkable terrain for 'lol paralyzing spikes'
>>
>>52332098
That's the way it should be. There should always be monsters powerful enough that your players want to stay away from where they live.
>captcha: storyland place
>>
>>52323095
>since monsters are a constant danger to the few isolated cities, war between humans is almost never a thing.
This single-handedly solved the "how can there be guns and swords in the same setting" question in my setting. Monsters are plentiful and cities are far apart, people dond't dare war for petty conflicts or meager resources because having a couple dozen less people means your city gets run over by a wurm. And since bullets in this setting don't fall from trees, it's pretty much understood that guns aren't a protective measure. Rifles are used against monsters because a big bullet with reliable aim is as good as anything against wyverns, but if you're carrying a pistol you're either a headhunter or a criminal because those only kill other people.
>>
>>52332043

Yeah, I've only played the 3DS versions, but yes, they are playable.
>>
File: 769946916.jpg (921KB, 4256x2848px) Image search: [Google]
769946916.jpg
921KB, 4256x2848px
>>52324389
>>52324294
This is my prey and we don't use cages and cranes cause that risks killing them and we're meant to take them to coast alive, so it's all nets and armpower for us.

I do wish there was something a bit more dangerous to take on that was still good business, but considering the ammount of lost limbs I've seen in my career, I'm satisfied.
>>
>>52325167
Brave style seems better for every weapon save maybe SA and S&S if you're the damage dealer.
>>
>>52325693
Same, Tri was my first MonHun and Qurupeco had the decency to introduce me to Rathian, Rathalos and Deviljho way before I was equipped to beat them.

Fucking toucan.
>>
>>52332785
I can't wait for a brave style. A style that rewards me for not dodging, a thing I am terrible at anyway? YES.
>>
>>52326934
SnS with Dragon or Poison are rather good.
>>
>>52332349
And yet, in monhun proper, bullets DO fall from trees!
except those are probably more a case of people making due with what they CAN find/use and the tech that's been bastardized into being bowguns used actual bullets/something more exotic once upon a time
>>
>>52332149
You still get text captchas? That's the real magic here
>>
>>52331078
There's, "hey, there's people of every race scattered in Los Angeles, that's perfectly normal" like say Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. And then there's "There's one dude of every color in this micro settlement because gamergate is evil or something".

Ultimatedly it falls for the same shit as For Honor, if these three cultures have been fighting each other for hundreds of years they would have homogenized their best tactics and weapons no matter how much the puppet master doesn't want them to. If PZD was a Noah's Ark kind of shit, the people would have homogenized into a single mixture of their parent's races not stay strictrly multiethnic for SJW good boy points.
>>
>>52332922
Isn't one of the ancient relic bowguns just like a standard rifle? The one you make from rustshards?
>>
>>52333029

In Generations one of the side quests nets you a weapon's codex that makes a bowgun that has flavor text that says it uses gunpowder instead of the typical bow set up so there is precendents that standard gunpower weapons are not rare or unsual in setting.
>>
>>52332922
Yeah that's what I meant with "bullets don't fall from trees in my setting". In MonHun guns are still good for fighting monsters because of trick shots and because you can get bullets from the ground. In my setting you budget some and once you're out it's time to go melee. The only people who get to play gunslinger exclusively are as mentioned before; criminals and sheriffs/headhunters. Because they stay within city walls where you can get more bullets at the convenience store and you're not likely to get in conflict with something that tanks pistol shots with it's feathers/hide/fat.
>>
>>52332982
Settings>Quotes and Replying>Legacy Captcha
>>
>>52332844
Actually brave style makes dodging easier with most weapons.
>>
>>52333029
Yes, the Demon's Isle and God's Isle bowguns. They, like all the others, just fires crap made from berries and seeds.
They're actually the basis of that idea
>>
>>52333079
Ah I haven't finished Gen yet. I was thinking of this one (I also started when you came out)

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Demon%27s_Island_(MH3U)
>>
>>52333114
Well shit that's even better.
>>
>>52333188
Gunlance really got a lot of love from Brave Style.

When you enter into Brave Mode your reload animation comes with a Guard Point. Not only that but you can fire upwards and fire all your shots if you want to.

So taking this on top of the new HA that lets you shot then do a Wyvern Fire (as long as you can WF) afterwards helps to build up your guage and get into the red zone to maximize your damage.
>>
File: mizutsune.png (359KB, 632x424px) Image search: [Google]
mizutsune.png
359KB, 632x424px
Call me a weeb but Mizutsune is my favourite. The way it uses its lubricant to move around, the way you can use its Bubble status to your advantage, the way it can spray bubbles that give you an attack boost, it's just really cool. I even like its high pressure nozzle. And of course, the music.

I think I'll try to make a monster like this as an encounter sometimes, there's a lot of cool possibilities to translate it to tabletop.
>>
>>52333310

I just like the fact that every encounter with it in it's ecology is it trying to sleep and everyone bothering it.

The Opening intro movie has Zinogre roll up like "Sup faggot, fite me with your bitch bubbles!"

And then Tamamizutine just slides circles around Zinogre.
>>
>>52333355
I am definitely using Tamamitsune. Its gimmick gives it an unique fight and it can make some interesting things on RPG battles.
Also, checked
>>
>>52333400
It'd have some kind of jet ability where it can move a lot further in a straight line, but if it takes damage during that it slips and falls prone, something like that?
>>
>>52333439
Or it can make the targets, if hit with its bubbles, slip and fall prone. There are sooooo many uses to its soap. I guess I should make a list if I'm really going to use it.
>>
>>52333240
I'll tell my gunlance bro about it, but the only weapon I can use is guild style hammer.
>>
>>52333310
In my opinion, the four in order of increasing difficulty and decreasing coolness of theme:
Astalos, Gammoth, Mizutsune, Glavenus
>>
>>52333848
I like how they all have such distinct themes.
>Astalos' awesome speedmetal
>Gammoth's Shadow of the Colossus orchestra
>Mizu's YOOOOOOOOOOO theme
>Glavenus' blood-pumping spy action theme
>>
>>52312554
From the look of it, too weak to be a major threat.
>>
>>52333848
Yeah, they're all cool, the scale just starts really high with the astalos's theme. It's my favorite theme from the whole game, followed by brachydios.
>>
>>52316351
I think I just gained 1d3 insanity points.
>>
>>52333955
whoops meant for >>52333873
>>
File: 1441475208182.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1441475208182.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>52333955
>followed by brachydios.
Good taste.
>>
File: angry.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
>>52312554

FUCK YOU.

THAT BEAST IS FUCKING AWESOME! GET ME ONE, WE'LL CLEANSE ARMAGEDDON FROM THE FILTHY GREENSKINS RIDING THIS CUNT.

FUCK. ALL I'D NEED NOW IS A PAIR OF POWERFISTS AND A LARGE TREE TRUNK, AND I'LL FACE A SQUAD OF WOLF-FUCKING-MARINES HEAD ON FOR THE FUN OF IT.

FOR THE FUCKING EMPEROR!!!
>>
>>52333310
Isn't it based of off an old joke dragon from D&D? The pink dragon? Both are pink, dragonlike, and use bubbles.
>>
>>52312554
because it looks stupid
>>
>>52334157

Which makes me wonder why riding around on giant dinosaurs is not a more common thing in 40k all things considering.
>>
File: 1343004491733.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1343004491733.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>52312554
Jokes on you, I included most of the Monster Hunter creatures.
>>
>>52319196
I used to love being gud at lancing. When people saw you just fucking invicibility hop through pretty much everything with that Evasion++, and Sabretooth is a really good weapon even ignoring it's category. Huge crit rate, high damage, ice element.

Had a greatswordbro who would back me up, too. Hell of a team.
>>
>>52319144
I think the setting has more potential than people give it credit for. All the major cities we've seen have been super cool, the environments are varied and the world has a primalistic feel that really sticks out.
>>
>>52322231
Okay, so, Deviljho.

Deviljho exists in a constant state of RIP SHIT PISSED, and has a metabolism so fucking hyperactive that when it gets a little more angry than normal, it's fucking blood starts to LITERALLY BOIL. This is why all the scars it has turn an angry red colour, and it's muscles inflate to like twice their size. The angrier it gets, the more energy it uses, and the hungrier it gets. The hungrier it gets, the angrier it gets.

Eventually, it becomes so fucking angry that it starts breathing beams of pure fury that absolutely fuck whatever they hit. It is known to scour entire ecosystems of life just to sate it's hunger, and because it eats so much, it has to range across entire continents to maintain a sustainable diet.

It's basically an incredibly angry walking furnace.
>>
File: 1307372416937.jpg (31KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1307372416937.jpg
31KB, 177x278px
>>52312554

>MFW my Eidolon in Pathfinder is a Molten Tigrex and I'd love nothing more than to fuck up a Jho.
>>
>>52315556

>Never allowed to be a DM
>Never allowed to have an Apex Rajang on that encounter sheet to see if these people would actually fight it at level 2 or not.

That said, Brachy and Raging Brachy are some of the best additions besides how they raped balance in 3 ultimate. Love them to death
>>
>>52335045
Did you have a drawthread request up? Did someone fill it yet or nah?
>>
>>52327935
>prey/drome
Basically just a medium/large dromaeosaur(velociraptor/deinonychus/utahraptor/whatever) with some kind of special ability.

For the velociprey/velocidrome, they probably have a higher crit range and higher crit damage. The rest do stat effects.

>captcha: select all squares with street signs
>first one, sign says, "street humps ahead"
>my brain is perverted and this seems mildly terrifying
Why hasn't /tg/ put giant, sexually active sections of roads and paths in their games?
>>
>>52330665
>the table has turned humman
>>
>>52312554
Because it has yet to be activated.
>>
File: 71X7OzUonVL.jpg (206KB, 1254x887px) Image search: [Google]
71X7OzUonVL.jpg
206KB, 1254x887px
>>52312554
Because I tend to throw in things from God Eater instead.
>>
>>52332043
Very.
They are very fun to play, specially in Multiplayer. Being on a portable device lets you just take it everywhere you go, it's great to be able to make a BBQ with your friends and be able to play the game wherever you may be. And it is one of the best looking 3DS games out there.

After MHXX CAPCOM will probably release something on the Switch. I can't wait.
>>
File: Weapon252.png (127KB, 605x289px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon252.png
127KB, 605x289px
>>52333029
>>52333079
>>52333116
TheDaora's Delphinidae / Daora Grande is a huge bowgun, but it is now really a bowgun but a gun, a fat rifle with revolver cylinder.

There are other bowguns like that as well, that do not have the bowgun bow and instead rely on other means of propelling projectiles, like the Aquamatic "Needler".
It's description even says "A rare Heavy Bowgun from a foreign land. Prized by hunters who prefer to use gunpowder"

The archeotech is all over the place, but I find it cool that you can have all this variety of types of weapons.
>>
>>52333310
I did not think that I would like the Soap dragon as much as I do.
>>
>>52334376
Only Exodite Eldars and in a way, the Kroot do it as far as I can remember.
>>
>>52319286
I slap its shit into oblivion via gentlemanly magical fisticuffs and animate its corpse as a zombie lord under my control.
>>
>>52336386
Okay, until the lasers came out I thought it was a cool looking offbrand Narga that was using a skinpack that made it look like a Aeon Summon. Never did get into GEB, how is it?
>>
>>52338408
Did you watch a video of it or something? Because yeah, fighting it pre-enrage is a lot like Narga. Then come the flaming swords, and the wings and halo if you break the back scale.

As for the games, I've found them fun myself (along with monhun), but it's a lot more action game-y - everything's fast and you can cancel out of most everything, rather than having to stick with what you're doing. Probably why SnS clicked as well as I did, because I played GEB before MH. On the other hand, there's zero iframes on anything, so you either have to shield or be completely out of the enemy's attacks (though they do a good job with hitboxes)
It's also kind of anime as all fuck. Characters, setting, story, outfits, all of it anime as all fucking hell. It revels in it.
>>
>>52312554
Anyone who puts Deviljho as a threat in their setting is probably a very terrible person. These things literally EAT entire ecosystems. And that's just their regular forms. The versions introduced in Frontier and the like are even worse. I think there was even a steampunk one.
>>
File: VincerPos.jpg (119KB, 736x1300px) Image search: [Google]
VincerPos.jpg
119KB, 736x1300px
>>52312554
Evil wizards man, classic but strong.
>>
>>52338562
No, I didn't watch a video but I know that skeleton type anywhere. I might try a God Eater game one of these days. Maybe if another one comes out in english
>>
>>52314449
>dragons even stronger than the ones currently present in the game.

To emphasize this, in at least one area you can find an absolutely MASSIVE skeleton of what appears to be a Lao, or some other great beast. The thing is so big that it dwarfs both Dalamadur and Laviente COMBINED. And those two are currently the largest monsters in the series at this point. The things that the Ancient Civ fought were on a whole other level compared to what we currently fight in the games.
>>
>>52316514
God, Shin Godzilla is grotesque. They really went all out trying to make it the most horrifying interpretation yet.
>>
>>52338672
Ah. It doesn't so much use lasers, though it's fond of giant pillars of fire and the one attack you can see at the bottom is more 'firebreath to make a wall of fire'. The rest of the lasery looking stuff is either flaming swords or wings.
The second game came out recently, along with the enchanced remake of the first game
They're on steam as a bundle (and go on sale frequently), and it's also on PS4 and vita (though not together)
>>
>>52320875
If you include the ones from Frontier, then they get even weirder. One of them has the ability to manipulate liquid mercury in order to fight as well as fly. Another is the origin species of the giant octopi with trees covering their backs, and can conduct electricity and unleash poison. And another is some god like..thing that lives at a place literally called Worlds End, and grows stronger after each defeat, with it's absolute strongest being capable of wiping even the most experienced hunters with blasts of ice and fire covering the screen like a classic bullet hell. It's made pretty damn clear throughout the games that the Elder Dragons are borderline supernatural abominations.
>>
>>52323516
Also of note is that he literally comes out of a black hole created by an eclipse. Then you add in the fact that his armor set has been rumoured within universe to actually possess or EAT it's owner after a period of time, and that it's lore states it's mere presence effectively kills the world? Yeah you got one nasty case of a cosmic horror in the shape of a dragon.
>>
>>52338942

Never mind the fact the weapons and armor made from it are considered to still be alive and never stop growing. The sword wielded by the Moga village Chief and the one in Pokke Village are Fatalis Great Swords that have grown over years because they were not worn down from use.
>>
>>52334712
C-cute.
>>
>>52323516
>>52338942
>>52339362

You know the Lao Shan Lung you fight in MHFU? Canonically it's running from a Fatalis. Yes, the 70 metre giant dragon is running from something a fraction of its size. Just goes to show how powerful Fatalis is.

Also it's the only dragon remaining from before the wars, and also the weakest of them.
>>
>>52338942
I always thought of it as religious myth and rule of cool in game.
Maybe the creature was conditioned by it's worshipers to come to the tower during specific astronomical phenomenon.
This creature is magnificent, a breathing natural disaster, but it eats, bleeds and dies.
It's not a god, not even an Eldritch Abomination.

>>52342069
That one I knew, it is kinda like a huge whale being hunted by a group of smaller whales or sharks. The Lau Shan Lung, as big as it is, is slow, dumb and it's body is not very flexible, it just stumbles about on a straight line and walks over anything in it's path.

I don't really want CAPCOM to reveal the story behind the ancient war because it could so easily be done wrong, but sometimes I wonder about it.
Were the dragons and Wyverns created to be living weapons? If so, why is the Lau Shan Lung the way it is now? I heard that the Lau Shan Lung do not seem to have an upper limit for their age and are presumed to live forever, so it is possible that it's body simply lost most of it's functions due failures due to accumulated deseases, age and repeated encounter with both humans and the few predators capable of harming it, but it still lives. In the war this creature would not be useful as it is, but maybe it was more efficient when young.

Also, from before the war? How does that work?
>>
File: 2012121221515541a.jpg (164KB, 808x384px) Image search: [Google]
2012121221515541a.jpg
164KB, 808x384px
>>52338704
Here is a picture of one of these skeletons.
Birds are flying under it and there are pockets of trees growing atop of each rib.

I always thought these were aquatic creatures beased on what we can see. The Dalamadur and Laviente are gigantic but their body is not much larger than a Lau Shan Lung, they are just much, much longer. The gravity in the world of Monster Hunter seems to be weaker, but it seems that there is a limit to how huge these things can get on land, but under water they could get much bigger.
The Primal Forest might have been a sea or at least a huge river that shrinked, killing these things. The bones still remain even after possibly thousands of years above ground, so they must be made out of incredibly resistant material, the creature while alive would be a living sea fortress.

I don't believe that it was just something the ancient civilisation fought against, I believe it was something used by one ancient civilisation to fight another, maybe one used Bio-Weapons only and the other used Technological weapons only. The Bio-Weapons won the war but then got out of control and destroyed the civilisation that created them, forming then the bizarre ecosystems we see in the game and putting humans and thei other genetic engineered humanoids (Wyverians, Troverians, Felynes, Shakalakas) to survive on small, isolated pockets of civilisation.
>>
>>52318939
Now that you can play as a Felyne it gives more ideas of how you could implement them on tabletop.
The next thing they could allow would be making your character a half-wyverian, even if it's just a cosmetic thing. They are like the Elves of Monster Hunter.
>>
>>52318692
Horizon Zero Dawn had it's issues, but it was not really a SJW mess.
Now, Mass Effect Andromeda, that thing had the SJWs poke into it hard. Not even lore wise, but on a technical level. It's a shame because it is kinda of cool.
>>
File: 1490240487080.png (11KB, 138x253px) Image search: [Google]
1490240487080.png
11KB, 138x253px
>>52317612
I made a transparent
>>
File: MH4-Stygian_Zinogre_Render_001.png (2MB, 1688x1137px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Stygian_Zinogre_Render_001.png
2MB, 1688x1137px
>>52319804
The breath, the Dragon Element, is described as a cloud of toxins and "energy" that have the specific properties that kills dragons.
>>
>>52322787
Did Nurgle make this dragon?
>>
>>52323399
>>52323416
Some of it's moves are based on Guile's moves from Street Fighter
>>
File: Amatsu.jpg (156KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
Amatsu.jpg
156KB, 1280x674px
>>52323529
In Zinogre's case, it has these vestigial structures on all four limbs, which may hint at it's ancestors having four wings or four fins, if aquatic. It also could indicate a relation to the perpetually flying Amatsu.
>>
>>52343153
Do you have the full image of that
>>
>>52323811
I bet it is only a videogame thing to force you to grind the missions in order to get the rare drops.

On a tabletop setting the guild (or the GM) would most likely give out the materials based on performance during hunts, but keeps most materials to be either handed to the client, if that was part of the contract, or stocked in order to be handed to hunters as a prize for excelent performance, that would explain how you would get more than one tail from hunting only one moster, the guild is keeping the hunt spoils and is handing prizes from their inventory based on merit, luck and special requirements.
>>
File: Hellblade_Glavenus.png (133KB, 400x176px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblade_Glavenus.png
133KB, 400x176px
>>52324128
I love that rare moment when you swing your weapon at the Glavenus at the same time that it swings it's tail blade at you and as they clash both you and the Glavenus flinch from the impact, it looks so cool.

I also love the deviant Hellblade Glavenus, a Glavenus that was hunted before and survived, becoming more aggressive and more cunning, with that satanic glow on it's eyes.
>>
>>52332997
>If PZD was a Noah's Ark kind of shit, the people would have homogenized into a single mixture of their parent's races not stay strictrly multiethnic for SJW good boy points
Or they could not have mixed because they fell for our natural racist nature all over again.
>>
File: furyofthestorm.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
furyofthestorm.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>52343174
Sorry, I don't, and my Google-Fu was not strong enough to find it either.
>>
>>52343113

But Rathian and her bastard love child Yian Garuga are the one's with the Flash Kick
>>
>>52343988
True, and they came first.
>>
File: cock_and_raptor.jpg (109KB, 839x953px) Image search: [Google]
cock_and_raptor.jpg
109KB, 839x953px
>>52343153
>Order: Saurischia
>Suborder: Four-legged
>Superfamily: Thunder Wolf Wyvern
>Family: Zinogre
>Species: Zinogre (and its subspecies)

Looks like its roots are the same as the other wyverns'. Jinouga isn't even close to Leviathans and other aquatic creatures. I think it's safe to assume are in fact some evolutionary adaptation, just like pic related.

Perhaps its ancestors did have wings, but I doubt it a little bit, as ancient dinosaurs (that originated the Saurischia order) didn't have wings.
>>
>>52344629
I always found those Orders and Suborders to be weird bullshit, but since the monsters could have been made through genetic tempering initially and evolved on their own afterwards, it ends up making sense.
>>
>>
>>52344839
Literally wot
>>
>>52312554
>Why haven't you put pic related as a major threat in your setting?
I dunno like what is that again? Am I supposed to know this thing?
>>
>>52344893
This creature my friend is fuck you. Pure, concentrated fuck you. A Brute Wyvern with such bullshit out of control metabolism that it spends 100% of the day eating.

It will eat plants, big creatures, small creatures, it's own kind, mankind, it's own body parts you manage to cut off and the poisoned meat you dropped in lava, simply because it was biting at your general direction.

And when it gets angry it's blood starts to boil and it devours itself alive.
>>
>>52342671

Don't forget Trovarians which are the dorts of the setting.

>>52345131
There's also a subspecies that's not really a sub species but one that gets so angry the Dragon Element in it's body begins to leak out and covers it's face.
>>
>>52342710
Not having had any interaction with Andromeda aside from seeing the gifs that make light of the terrible, stiff, outdated, or otherwise fuck-y animations and the terrible, poorly delivered, and outright juvenile lines, I can't say from personal experience, but I feel justified in assuming that any and all allegations of SJWs being involved are just Blue Car Syndrome, until I can get ahold of some more information on the subject at least.

What say you?
>>
File: [email protected] (48KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-andromeda-14-470x310@2x.jpg
48KB, 482x436px
>>52345820
>What say you?
Blue Car Syndrome actually. I have no real data to back it up.

But I need to give an excuse to how could they fuck up the artistic part of all else, and the explanation that they hired artists who were not talented for other reasons, like to be inclusive and have diversity on their workplace makes sense.

Again, I have not looked into the people involved on the making of the game so this is mostly bullshit speculation.
>>
>>52346080
Well, at least you're willing to admit it. So often, people get a stick up their asses and turn defensive when you challenge their point of view, it's gotten so bad that rational debate is almost non-existent nowadays.
>>
>>52346259
GR15 but for politics when?
Some boards are fucking unusable because of it. Take /v/ (yes, I know, >going on /v/ etc etc.), you can't talk about certain shit full stop because instead of being about vidya, the thread will turn into a flurry of shitposting with both sides endlessly screaming "muh SJW's" or "muh alt-right bigots" over and over again. No one cares to listen to any viewpoint that doesn't immediately align with their own, preferring instead to scream into the wind about how they're better, they're in the right.
>>
>>52318450
They literally explain that as the people who wanted to preserve humanity tried to preserve it with as much diversity as possible so that they could survive in the future. Its Not Like Humanity naturally went full cultural diverse because it was the right thing to do, it was literally a conscious decision to preserve as much as possible (and possibly to help with ensuring survival through having a lot of genetic diversity to help with survival of the fittest or whatever)

I admit that the diversity thing is weird at first, but the explanation when it comes up later in the game at least makes a decent amount of sense.
>>
>>52346338
>both sides endlessly screaming "muh SJW's" or "muh alt-right bigots" over and over again
>/v/
I've never been on /v/, but this really sounds like /v/ is on par with twitter and tumblr on how they act towards people disagreeing with them. I'm not a huge fan of either; the only reason I go on tumblr is for porn, and the only reason I go on twitter is to... honestly, I'm not sure. Read about the cringy bullshit that some youtubers get up to? But I know enough to know what parts of the two of them to avoid.

And /v/ is as bad as them? Glad I never go there, then.
>>
File: Ace_Gunner.png (195KB, 381x433px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Gunner.png
195KB, 381x433px
>>52318450
>>52345820
>>52346080
>>52346372
I don't mind the in-game diversity in futuristic settings, it actually makes sense.
In Monster Hunter, a setting that the more I think about, the more it looks like it is set 38k years in the future, you can not only have a diverse cast of NPCs but also a diverse cast on your hunter party, and in game it does not affect your progress in any way.

How many species of sentient creatures are there in the Monster Hunter universe that can be used on tabletop as PCs?
The ones I know are Humans, Wyverians, Human-Wyverians hybrids, Felynes, Shakalakas, Troverians ... is there anything else?

I guess we could equate them to other settings creatures. Humans are just normal ass humans.
Troverians would be Dwarfs.

Wyverians are a bit hard, there are tiny Wyverians the size of a Hobbit, but then there are huge Wyverians that could be like Orks and then there is His Immensines, the governant of Dundorma, basicly a giant Wyverian. I don't have a consistent explanation for these guys.
>>
File: LEGS.jpg (53KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
LEGS.jpg
53KB, 500x453px
>>52346627
A Wyverian's sizes vary with their age, from what I've read.
Tiny ones are elders or children, normal-sized ones are adult.
I have no explanation for His Immensiness, though. I guess it's something like "Only the chosen clan/family has great stature".
I also read that Wyverians descend from wyverns. No further explanation from that and it left me wondering. It makes some sense, though. They have wyvern-like legs and unnaturally long lifespans. Perhaps some other thing further relates them, like scales on some body part we haven't seen uncovered.

I wish we could play as Wyverians
>>
File: fem_wyverian.jpg (287KB, 592x774px) Image search: [Google]
fem_wyverian.jpg
287KB, 592x774px
>>52346802
Notice the legs
>>
>>52342397
Could be that lao shan lung wasn't actually a major offensive threat - it was more along the lines of a living transport or something along those lines, with a bunch of smaller things nesting on its back.
But now the entire system's gone to pot, the only things around that could guide it are asshats more interested in eating it, its cargo is feral, and it didn't need to be smart to begin with for its job. It just needed to walk in the direction it was told.
>>
File: ara.jpg (133KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ara.jpg
133KB, 900x1200px
>>52346826
Weird, but acceptable as far as fantasy settings go.
>>
File: alatreon.png (100KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
alatreon.png
100KB, 350x197px
>all these fatalis faggots jerking off their dragon waifu
>no respect for based alatreon, master of all elements, devil on earth, and fucker up of all shit
>>
>>52346802
>>52346826
And they also have 4-fingered hands. CAPCOM, please let us know more about Wyverians.
>>
File: Ja5INQU.png (6KB, 320x130px) Image search: [Google]
Ja5INQU.png
6KB, 320x130px
>>52312554
I guess I could considering the setup. I already got death-rexes though, along with a dozen other apex megapredators from a bunch of dead timelines.
>>
>>52346802
>>52346826
It's the inconsistency that gets me.
Maybe they really are inconsistent, after all, they might be ancient engineered hybrids of humans and wyverns, a few mutations here and there could happen.
But in order to stat them we need to classify them, at least as races withib their species, IF they are considered a separate species and not a race of human.
>>
File: His Immenseness.jpg (63KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
His Immenseness.jpg
63KB, 540x405px
>>52346802
>>52346826
>>52346960
>>52347049
>>52347105
... I guess they can't be sub-species of humans.
Monster Hunter has some weird lore in it.
>>
File: What do you mean zot is hard?.png (22KB, 829x644px) Image search: [Google]
What do you mean zot is hard?.png
22KB, 829x644px
>>52347073
I really wish there was more art of DCSS shit. I got an endless megadungeon placed somewhere in the world based off of it and other roguelikes so I want to include some monster specifically from it. Especially orbs of fire.
>>
>>52347105
What we have until now:
>Advanced technology (mainly smithing, said to be so advanced most races can't even replicate it without direct instruction)
>More intelligent and rational than humans
>Rather alien culture, compared to the humans'
>Long lifespan
>Reproduce less than humans due to their long lifespan
>Are peaceful and don't like conflicts
>Elf ears, 4 fingers and digitigrade wyvern feet
>Only one giant Wyverian appears every 1000 years
>Children APPARENTLY walk like humans (plantigrade)
>>
>>52347073
Then how about a xenomorph necromance baby dragon?
>>
>>52342960
Gogmazios is a giant tar-covered dragon that eats gunpowder and can, somehow, fly.
All that dripping crud is highly flammable tar, not rotting gunk or anything disease-y.
It is, however, excessively durable to a ridiculous degree, so that much fits I guess.
>>
>>52347219
Since when is super rabies a form of necromancy?
>>
File: 1463819814404.jpg (717KB, 1188x651px) Image search: [Google]
1463819814404.jpg
717KB, 1188x651px
>>52347219
I got a few things like that, though I try to avoid template stacking. Mostly just super powered cultists, giant mutant boars, massive tank-facing metal giants animated by divine hate, an entire army of rogue demons seeking to steal the divine spark to become mortal themselves, and a shitload of mythos horrors that have infected the remains of time-displaced corpses.

Next arc will have the players dealing with an army of ultratech robots controlled by the subconcious thoughts of a PCs ex, along with a cult of lightning-animated nagas.
>>
>>52347275
God I love this motherfucker so much
>>
File: Godzilla's flight.jpg (289KB, 1411x570px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla's flight.jpg
289KB, 1411x570px
>>52319023
kek
>>
>>52332349
>carrying a pistol you're either a headhunter or a criminal because those only kill other people.

Can this meme please just die already?
>>
>>52342397
>In the war this creature would not be useful as it is, but maybe it was more efficient when young.
It's super outdated now, but in some of the early concept art for the original game young Laos could fly using beetle-shell-like wings that fell off as they grew older.

They could also be used as mounts
>>
>>52347205
There's some concept art with a wyverian smoking a pipe that the notes say would destroy a human's lungs in a single puff, so that's another thing to add maybe.
>>
>>52347073
What's this from? Looks/sounds pretty metal desu
>>
File: jesuismonte2-mini.jpg (47KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
jesuismonte2-mini.jpg
47KB, 600x603px
>>52347503
why
>>
>>52312554
That thing can't even swallow a continent.
>>
>>52348272
A bite at a time it can.
>>
One can at least be thankful that an infestation of Jhos will solve itself.
>>
>>52342397
>Maybe the creature was conditioned by it's worshipers to come to the tower during specific astronomical phenomenon.

Nope. seems to actual come out of an honest, gods be damned black hole from out of nowhere. It also isn't the only case of Elder Dragons being eldritch. A part of Dire Miralis' lore is that apparently if armor is made from it's heart, it will grow and grow until it consumes the hunter, and is once more reborn. Dalamadur can cause pieces of stars to fall from the sky. And Disufiroa grows stronger from ever defeat, every time it's killed it freezes it's body until the next battle, where it's even stronger. At it's absolute strongest it's literal bullet hell. Elder Dragons are most certainly Eldritch Abominations, even if they don't look the part.
>>
>>52342605
>I don't believe that it was just something the ancient civilisation fought against, I believe it was something used by one ancient civilisation to fight another, maybe one used Bio-Weapons only and the other used Technological weapons only.

I don't think that's the case. The Elder Dragons seem to be acting completely of their own volition against humanity, and it's only ever indicated that the Ancient Civ Developed weapons and artificial monsters to fight them off. The Elder Dragons have evn shown intelligence on several occasions, and even strategy and planning. That isn't the signs of them being Bio-Weapons. That's a sign pointing to them being just generally all around malevolent monstrosities with a hate boner for humankind. No wonder the Ancient Civ built the Equal Dragon Weapon.
>>
File: MH4-The_Man_Render_001.png (153KB, 288x377px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-The_Man_Render_001.png
153KB, 288x377px
>>52349153
If I lived in the world of Monster Hunter I would be a Flat Earth Atheist because I do not buy this lore at all.
There must be logical, although still fantastic, explanations for those things.
>>
>>52349772

Sure thing buddy, you look up in the sky one day and try to logically deduce why their is a swirling hole of darkness and dispair appearing in the sky and the literal embodiment of fuck everything is coming out of it.
>>
File: 1484250251944.gif (926KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
1484250251944.gif
926KB, 500x579px
>>52349296
I am, after all, skeptical. Even if they are indeed something else entirely removed from humanity, they still must have an origin.

There is a white ghost that roams the land, claiming travelers and hunters alike ... oh, turns it is just a pony with eletrical superpowers.
Look, there is a two headed undead dragon that will destroy the world down on that laguna ... nope, it was just a giant octopus that lives in a pit of bones and likes to play with puppets.

All legends have explanations, they are still cool, but are explainable.
>>
>>52349153
>be Fatalis' white brother
>some wyverns and other dragons tell me hunters are coming to the Tower/Castle Schrade
>coincidentally there will be an eclipse
>decide to fly from the distance while manipulating the clouds' electric charge to make a vortex for shits and giggles
>humans think I'm some kind of god

I want to believe nature is above Elder Dragons
>>
>>52349907
Meteors aren't, though.
Elder Dragons love to fuck around with meteors.
>>
>>52349971
Those friggin meteors rustle my jimmies. It might have something to do with gravity, I guess. Or it uses magnetism to make nearby irony meteors fall down, dunno.

I wish CAPCOM gave us some explanations.
>>
>>52351636
It's elder dragons, don't gotta explain shit
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.