[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General Giant Space Peni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 44

File: Giant_Space_Penis.jpg (264KB, 1181x885px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_Space_Penis.jpg
264KB, 1181x885px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

Giant Space Penis Edition

Last Thread:
>>52208181

>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
http://dflist.com/

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.
>>
So, /tg/, rather than try and fail to come up with my own shit, I'mg oing to ask more experienced minds. What's the most balanced point levelt hese two sets of models can play against each other? Note that the PHR player loves his Athena's looks and wants to use it.

SCOURGE
TRANSPORTS
4x Intruder Alpha
4x Intruder Beta
2x Harbinger
5x Invader
6x Marauder

SKIMMERS
9x Hunter
6x Reaper
2x Tormentor

AIRCRAFT
1x Desolator
2x Annihilator (technically 1's cavebreaker)
8x Minder

INFANTRY
6x Razorworms
12x Warrior Horde
4x Destroyers

WALKERS
1x Oppressor
3x Ravagers
4x Prowlers

PHR:

Transports:
3x Neptune
2x Triton
2x Juno

Aircraft:
1x Athena

Infantry:
4x Sirens
4x Immortals

Walkers:
2x Zeus
2x Ares
2x Phobos
>>
Always see the thread, love space ships, what is it?
>>
>>52307846

Your PHR guy needs more stuff. Stuff that can beat armor.
>>
>>52307897
He's relatively new to the game. I'm trying to talk him into Mercury Drones first, so he can have a battlegroup with all his Sirens.

That's why I'm trying to ask, because I don't want to drive him away, but I've sorta got a shitload more than he does.

>>52307891
Basically, humanity went out to the stars and started populating the galaxy. We met a superadvanced race out there and they went "Oh, perfect! We know a bunch of planets that'd be great for you!" settling us on the galactic equivalent of the Gaza Strip, since the race wasn't as united as they first appeared.

Then a giant ball of an AI appeared out of fucking nowhere on earth and basically went "They're coming on this date. Be ready to run." Half of humanity didn't want to run, or didn't trust random space ball. The other half figured there's enough weird shit out there that they should be ready, and got ready to run.

The ball was right. Scourge, basically body-snatchers, showed up on Earth and started kicking our shit in with super-biotech. The AI took those who were ready to run and brought them into its fold.

The other humans who survived were on the outer fringes, and gathered together to start fighting back the scourge. They view the first group as traitors, as if we'd all stuck together we could've pushed the scourge back.

Factions:
Shaltari, superadvanced space hedgehogs with stargates
Post-Human Republic, the superadvanced humans under the AI, using sleek advanced but hard-to-build ships
United Colonies of Mankind, the normal humans using what they can of military tech from the fringes.
The Scourge, who still hunger for hosts and have biotech spaceships.
>>
>decide to map out the probability tree for the cobra/twin supernova
This is hell
>>
>>52307972
>He's relatively new to the game. I'm trying to talk him into Mercury Drones first, so he can have a battlegroup with all his Sirens.
>That's why I'm trying to ask, because I don't want to drive him away, but I've sorta got a shitload more than he does.

That's not a bad idea. What he needs is another Neptune and a Scout choice (Valkyries are nice but step on Sirens toes) and transport for the same. Athenas are the best fast movers in the game and have saved my ass more than once bouncing dropships trying to get off the table with an objective but it commits him to Clash games (1000+ points) and his army isn't big enough for it.
>>
>>52308399
Does he have a good 750 point list in there, do you think? Or I can lend him a Condor or something from UCM and he can proxy for a game.
>>
>>52308422

>yo

Standard Army
Skirmish: 749/750 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [749/750 pts]
Hand of the Sphere [257 pts]
Command Squad: Zeus(Councillor), Zeus, Neptune [257 pts]
Battle Pantheon [124 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Ares, Neptune [124 pts]
Battle Pantheon [166 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Phobos, Neptune [166 pts]
Immortals [101 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]
Immortals [101 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]
>>
>>52308623
And for the Scourge? I'm worried I'm going to pick a lot of shit he can't really handle and it's going to sour him on the game.
>>
>>52308681

>1000 points clash with extra dropship

Standard Army
Clash: 998/1000 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [998/1000 pts]
Hand of the Sphere [361 pts]
Command Squad: Zeus(War Advisor), Zeus, Neptune [232 pts]
Sirens: 2x Sirens, Triton A1 [129 pts]
Battle Pantheon [124 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Ares, Neptune [124 pts]
Battle Pantheon [166 pts]
Battle Squad: 2x Phobos, Neptune [166 pts]
Immortals [212 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Neptune, 2x Juno A2 [140 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Immortals: 2x Immortals [72 pts]
Air Wing [135 pts]
Athena Squad: Athena [135 pts]
>>
>>52308681

Don't play scourge, just fight them. If I had to fight that range of scourge I'd lose the Junos are put my Immortals in tritons (no other response to destroyers other than being everywhere they aren't, so infantry heavy). I'd change my command squad into a Zeus + Odin from a x2 Zeus to grub for points. I'd keep everything mobile, so no walking Zeus or Phobos (I figure that is where you'll get different kinds of PHR advice). Athena for the bouncing. And by the Sphere I would bring Helios- shaped charge swarm with the AA rule- they can do everything that needs to be done against Scourge.
>>
>>52308868
Unfortunately, we're working with limited models, while I try to get a new player into the game.

>>52308704
I'm more wondering what the scourge list should be. This is what I was thinking immediately, though I do want to find a list that slots in the Oppressor and Ravagers. I just don't have the points at 1000, I feel like?

Standard Army
Clash: 996/1000 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [996/1000 pts]
Oppressors [353 pts]
Desolator: Desolator(Champion) [195 pts]
Reaper Squad: 3x Reaper, Marauder [158 pts]
Vanguard [105 pts]
Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter [105 pts]
Vanguard [105 pts]
Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter [105 pts]
Warriors [237 pts]
Warrior Horde: 3x Warriors, Marauder, 2x Invader [156 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Warrior Horde: 3x Warriors [81 pts]
Occupation Patrol [196 pts]
Destroyers: 2x Destroyers, Intruder Alpha [140 pts]
Minders: 4x Minder, Intruder Beta [56 pts]
>>
>>52307749
I thought that was a Lego from the thumbnail. Now I'm sad.
>>
File: 1483849308174.jpg (204KB, 876x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1483849308174.jpg
204KB, 876x1920px
>>52307749
Why have nobody posted the link to the new experimental 2017 tournament errata?
>Giganting PHR buffs.
>Sligt Shaltari Nerfs
>Slight St.Petersburg buff
>>
File: FUKKEN XEEEEEENOS.png (138KB, 524x458px) Image search: [Google]
FUKKEN XEEEEEENOS.png
138KB, 524x458px
>>52310216
Change #4, Crippling and Particle Rules Combo
Rationale: So far, this change only applies to one ship (the Diamond) but may apply in future to other ships. This is quite a small change and simply makes the outcome of a Crippling roll from this ship’s main gun likely rather than almost certain.

1) Pg 69, Crippling, End of Section, Add the following: If a weapon with the Crippling rule is affected by another rule while would make Critical Hits automatic (such as the Particle rule) then the roll you would have needed to achieve to a Critical Hit is the roll required for the Crippling rule to take effect. For example, a Lock 3+ weapon would need a 5 or 6 to make an additional roll on the Crippling table.

Pg 199, Diamond: Increase pts to 290
Pg 212, Topaz: Reduce pts to 37
Pg 212, Jade, Particle Lance: Increase the Lock value of this weapon to 2+
Pg 213, Amethyst: Change the Attack value of the weapon ‘Microwave Array’ from ‘D3+2’ to ‘D3+1’
Pg 214, Glass, Ion Lances: Add the ‘Close Action’ special rule to this weapon
>>
File: 1476818452670.png (374KB, 808x528px) Image search: [Google]
1476818452670.png
374KB, 808x528px
>>52310302
Change #5, Increasing the Effectiveness of PHR Heavy Calibre Weapons

Rationale: In general, these weapons have been somewhat underwhelming to players. As a result, the following change to the Calibre rule is proposed:
1) Pg 67, Calibre, add the following sentence: ‘In addition, weapons with the Calibre H and/or S rule inflict Critical Hits on rolls exceeding their Lock value by ONE rather than the usual two (against targets of any Tonnage value).

Pg 170, Hector, Medium Calibre Broadsides: Both gain the ‘Linked-1’ rule
Pg 171, Achilles, Heavy Calibre Broadsides: Both gain the ‘Linked-1’ rule
Pg 175, Orion, Medium Calibre Broadsides: Both gain the ‘Linked-1’ rule
Pg 178, Ikarus, Medium Calibre Batteries: Both gain the ‘Linked-1’ rule
Pg 181, Calypso, Advanced ECM Suite rule, Change 1st Sentence to: ‘Once per turn, when an enemy group has allocated Attack Dice, you may add 1 to the Lock values of this group’s weapons this turn against a single friendly ship within 4” of the Calypso.
>>
>>52310336
>Pg 170, Hector, Medium Calibre Broadsides: Both gain the ‘Linked-1’ rule

Couldn't hurt, might help? Orion shows it up though I think.
>>
No talk of how the Charybdis may be the best bombardment ship in the game now?
>>
>>52311767

Pretty sure the Jet or the Tokyo is that; any Scourge admiral is free to plunder his frigate budget to field a bombardment ship.

>it certainly isn't the worst now, though
>there may not BE a bad bombardment ship, if Ganymede isn't considered to be one
>>
>>52311767
Don't think it is honestly. It still can't do its job any better while hiding in atmo, so while it's definitely better now, I don't think it's the top bombardment ship.
>>
File: PHR Sirens.jpg (59KB, 404x750px) Image search: [Google]
PHR Sirens.jpg
59KB, 404x750px
>>52312330
The PHR got so many juicy buffs I can't really be mad about the Ganymede anymore.
>It's still godawfull at bombardment though.
>It was the first ship I assembled, assuming it was going to be good on the basic principle of me enjoying the sphere out of my demo-PHR list.
>>
>>52312902

Well it's not *bad*, per se. It's still a PHR troopship! The fact that it and Orpheus didn't swap costs means a slight disconnect between design/playtest meta and command-cardless in the wild meta, though.

>then again, I've seen a guy use an Orpheus as a slow 130-point linkless Ajax and be happy to do it.
>sometimes you just need to frantically throw a fistful of dice at things and screw whatever else this game is about
>>
>>52310302
>jade buff, topaz buff, glass nerf, diamond nerfs a buttload,
>>52310336
>PHR heavy weapon buffs that are reasonable, good linked buffs and calypso's arguably huge buff against swarm ships that are getting more popular

>>52311767
whats this about Charybdis?
>>
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0159/4298/files/ExperimentalRules.pdf?2506305336218858126

Found the rules, holy shit that New York and Scylla change, I love them.
>>
>>52313527
I honestly don't like the New York change; the extra launch is nice, but the fact that the New York is the UCM's only access to torps would have hopefully meant that it'd be buffed that way, rather than through something they already have access to.
>>
File: DSC_0005[1].jpg (47KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005[1].jpg
47KB, 640x359px
I want to try and do something similar to this for my DFC Scourge; how are those glowing effects achieved?
White base color, very light green layer, and a green glaze?
>>
>>52313439
It's plasma bombs and the scylla's upshot are now 3+ lock base
>>
>>52313527
As a shaltari player the New York change feels like it steps on our toes a bit. The platinum was the only Launch 7 ship previosuly and gave up having a primary weapon equivalent for it. Now, the New York is cheaper with worse secondary weapons, but it still has its two torpedos even if they still need touching up.
>>
>>52313925
Agreed; by all fluff accounts, the New York is technically a super carrier now. Dave can do what he wants, but 6 launch is just as good as 7 launch, considering the UCM's launch assets.
>>
>>52314036

By all fluff accounts it's a battleship. Interpreting the Platinum fluff account in just the right way and then applying that twisted interpretation (7 launch assets equals a super carrier) to the New York lets you assume that the UCM ought to call it a Super Carrier.

(The Platinum fluff actually says the UCM would reckon it as a super carrier because its internal space is dominated by a flight deck. The New York has a whole lot more than that going on.)
>>
>>52314488

Fuck, the UCM doesn't think *Bellerophon* is a carrier.
>>
>>52314488
I don't see what you're getting at, anon. In any case, Dave outright stated in one of the BoW videos that launch 7 = supercarrier.
>>
>>52314691
Then again, the fluff is litterally his to change. All that I do know is that the UCM has five supercarriers, but thirteen New Yorks.
>>
5-Launch New York in the fluff is effective. That's clearly untrue. So where does that leave us? :)

NY really really really needed those extra squadrons. Having 6 would still leave it as bad. With 7, it's conceivable as an *option* that's not grossly inferior to two Seattles.
>>
>>52315391
Or, or, you could buff the torps. Y'know, the thing that only the New York has for the UCM.
6 launch isn't "still bad", it's better than 5, and doesn't mess stuff up like 7 launch does.

I don't see what the huge aversion to just fixing torpedoes and making them an actually effective primary weapon is.
7 launch is definitely a buff (as much of a buff as 2 extra UCM assets can be), but it's the wrong buff.
>>
>>52315520
Probably because Torps are weird for everyone. Makes more sense as a blanket change (as no ship with Torps is in a great spot).

But the NY incidentally, needed her planes not to suck. Remember, the Minos has great guns, a powerful super-CAW, and superior torps... and was still suffering.

If we do a torp buff as strong as say... making all torps have crippling or something, then NY still I'd say isn't still the auto-take BB choice for UCM. Beijing and Tokyo are still so sexy.
>>
File: IMG_1388.jpg (86KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1388.jpg
86KB, 800x1129px
>>52310336
I'm glad to have a use for my Achilles as a crit producer. Now I just have to find people to play with again.
>>
>>52313925
On the other hand Plat still has 4" more scan, slightly better thrust and PD, 1.5x the average damage on its guns, superior CA, one third the signature value with shields down, better armour against most weapons with shields up and better quality strike craft.

Even with torps and the recent buff NY hasn't got shit on Platinum.
>>
>>52315621
>Probably because Torps are weird for everyone. Makes more sense as a blanket change (as no ship with Torps is in a great spot).
Why?

>But the NY incidentally, needed her planes not to suck.
Why? She's not just planes like the Platinum is, she's both planes and torps. If anything, due to their rarity in the UCM and the one-per-turn thing, the UCM torps ought be a grade above everyone elses.

>Remember, the Minos has great guns, a powerful super-CAW, and superior torps... and was still suffering.
Yes and no; The Minos has all that, but pays for it in points, and technically the PHR torps are equal to the UCM. I don't know what you're talking about though, the Minos is just as good (if not better) a pick than the Heracles.

>If we do a torp buff as strong as say... making all torps have crippling or something
That's one solution, but not the only I'd do.

>then NY still I'd say isn't still the auto-take BB choice for UCM. Beijing and Tokyo are still so sexy.
That's good! No ship should be an auto-take choice, except for mission critical stuff like strike carriers! Hell, even the Shaltari should be forced to choose between the Diamond and Platinum, rather than the former being an auto-take without fail.
I don't know why you think anything should be an auto-take.
>>
>>52315774
It's also 15 points more expensive.

Honestly, I'd consider making the New York only 255 points, or even 251 like the Beijing. I know it normally breaks the mold of carriers being more expensive (in general), but the loss of the Cobra really hurts it, whereas the Tokyo can still function in combat fairly well.
>>
Scourge - 1254pts
Scourge - 15 launch assets

SR15 Flag battlegroup (265pts)
1 x Dragon - 265pts - S
+ Fleet Champion (40pts, 3AV)

SR5 Line battlegroup (105pts)
1 x Chimera - 105pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (344pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (304pts)
2 x Ifrit - 220pts - M
2 x Harpy - 84pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (130pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (66pts)
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

How do I trim four fucking points
Do I just drop the admiral by a step? It seems like such a scuzzy solution.
>>
>>52315774
Very true, and I'm honestly not too big a fan of trying to compare ships across faction except in a general sense. My problem with it is that both ships carry similarities to their faction's primary BB (Diamond and Beijing) but the Plat traded a big honking gun for a big fighter bay and the New York traded a laser for two shots with a torpedo and a bank of mass drivers for its fighter bay. That combined with the whole 'supercarrier' designation of the Plat makes me feel slightly annoyed that this is the way they're trying to make the NY better.
>>
>>52315520
>I don't see what the huge aversion to just fixing torpedoes and making them an actually effective primary weapon is.
Neither do I, but as long as it's there the buffs to torp ships might as well actually make them worthwhile. Launch 6 wouldn't do that for the New York, Seattles would always be the better choice. Hell, the only reason I'd consider it even now is because I like the look.

>>52315830
I'll call bullshit on Minos being better than Heracles. That crippling super gun kicks the shit out of neutron missiles and torps combined. Mind you, Minos isn't bad or anything, it's probably the best torp ship. It actually has a risk of becoming overpowered if/when the torp buffs do arrive.

>>52316054
10 points more expensive. Unless Plat has gotten a shadow nerf at some point.
>>
>>52316127
with the changes to how admirals work you'd be fine cutting him down a bit. He'll still by 4AV, which seems like a fine investment.
>>
>>52316127

Turn the Dragon into a Daemon, duh.

You actually *went out of your way* to have this problem. For shame, anon.

>two scourge battleships, and you payed extra for the one that gives you worms
>>
>>52317206
I wanted max launch senpai. I guess it could work, but dat >15

>>52317180
Does the actual rating of the admiral matter at all, or is it only relative to the opponent's admiral? my value vs yours, rather than absolute number? Because in that case, the the 40 over 20 seems like a good thing for a launch-heavy skew.
>>
>>52317262
I believe AV affects the number of command cards you can hold. that's the main power of it though beyond the relative value.
>>
>>52316295
>Launch 6 wouldn't do that for the New York, Seattles would always be the better choice. Hell, the only reason I'd consider it even now is because I like the look.
I mean, you're not wrong. I'd say that even with 7 launch, the 2 seattles are a better choice than the Nork, simply for their guns. The torps really should be its strength.

>I'll call bullshit on Minos being better than Heracles. That crippling super gun kicks the shit out of neutron missiles and torps combined.
It really doesn't, honestly; 2/3'ds of the time, the Minos is doing better cripping damage than the DMC, its crippling weapon works with its broadside arcs as well, additionally being able to use them alongside the neutron missiles on standard orders.
Furthermore, while you may think that PD neuters it, it takes a full 4 PD saves to neutralize a single critical hit from the neutron missiles.

>10 points more expensive. Unless Plat has gotten a shadow nerf at some point.
Holy shit, I could have sworn the Shaltari BBs were 275 this whole time.
>>
>>52317466
Okay, the AV of base on a BB seems fine then, but I'd like to have one-up the average opponents so I can assign strike craft first- especially when I'm a launchskew.

On the other hand, I kind of *do* feel like I'm short on guns, so swapping for the Daemon might be good.
>>
I think torpedoes need one of the following buffs to not be a disappointment :

1) Torpedo attacks automatically count as a critical hit.
A common suggestion. Makes torpedoes a delayed but very powerful and consistent weapon.

2) All existing torpedoes gain the Crippling rule.
Torpedoes remain a gamble, but the potential payout is higher. High enough to reasonable destroy a cruiser in a single blow.

3) Torpedoes strike immediately when fired at close range. (like bombers)
Rather than buff their power, this makes torpedoes easier to use. Grants ships access to incredible high amounts of potential burst damage.

4) Increase the range on all existing torpedoes.
Given sufficient range to be used as first-strike weapons will allow players to react to the outcome of their own torpedoes, rather than having to gamble on if a torpedo will inflict sufficient damage to finish off a wounded vessel.

5) Have torpedoes ignore debris fields (or maybe just fine debris).
Because look at them. They're huge! Can probably be safely combined with another buff.
>>
>>52317741
Half the time the Minos isn't even using those neutron missiles, because they can only hit targets 10" away. Heracles can potentially nail a cruiser from 28" with a Pandora team or active scanner to mark targets, and a battleship from even further away. You can kill other snipers and backline motherships easily with the Heracles, not so much with the Minos.
>>
>>52318075
Very true, but the Heracles will rarely get a chance to bring its broadsides to bare. If you play the Minos aggressively and get it stuck in by turn two or three (especially with the newly updated Calypso support), it'll outshine even the luckiest Herc.

>>52317969
>1
Depends on what they do with the particle rule and its wording, but possible.
>2
Personally, I wouldn't support that as a universal thing. Crippling very much feels like a high-tech rule that should stay with the PHR and Shaltari.
>3
Agreed, definitely. I don't know why they don't already.
>4
Agreed, but only if it gives variety to existing torps among factions.
>5
Agreed, they probably have frigate level armor anyways. Having them take the saves that ships would take, rather than fighters and bombers, would be best.
I posted this last thread, but here's how I'd fix the Torps.

>UCM
12" thrust; 2+ lock; 1 attack; 9 damage
Simple, powerful, and a long enough range to actually matter. The New York suddenly gains access to the single most powerful weapon in the game, able to more reliably out damage any laser, and if lucky will cripple any ship save a PHR battleship.

>Scourge
12" thrust; 2+ lock; 1 attack; 4 damage; corruptor
Same as it is now, but corruptor updated to be not useless.
In particular, corruptor would add fires on a 5+ for each current hull point. When the corrupted ship gets crippled, that would become a 4+ on each current hull point.
Keep in mind that it still requires the torp to get a critical hit.

>PHR
9" thrust; 2+ lock; 1 attack; 6 damage; crippling
Goes with the Minos being a brawling rape machine.

I'd also say that Hawk should make the critical lock bonus that heavy PHR guns get into a special rule of its own and give it to all torps.

>Penetrating
Critical hits require a roll of one less than they otherwise would.

Also, while we're at it, reword particle to be the following.

>Particle
Saves cannot be made against any damage inflicted by this weapons.
>>
>>52318560
I'd make PHR particle and UCM crippling personally, with both being damage 6. Crippling can fuck up any ship real bad, so limiting it to 1 per turn is probably best, especially with the Minos already having a crippling weapon. Thrust values are good, both PHR torp delivery systems are brawlers so lower thrust makes sense.
>>
>>52318864
Fair enough; in that case, I'd down the UCM to 8 damage instead of 9.

Giving the PHR torps particle doesn't make sense thematically, so maybe something else instead?

>Breaker
All armor saves made against damage from this weapon are 6+

Does close to the same thing, without being weird.
>>
>>52318917
Just renaming particle to overwhelming power like in DZC would probably be best, it would allow more versatility in its use and would sound much cooler as well.
>>
>>52319095
Eh, I feel like it's good for the Shaltari to have that as THEIR thing. You can have other effects that are functional the same (if Particle is reworded like I suggested).

Besides, making every hit a critical isn't quite the same as particle, because particle ignores passive saves.
>>
File: 1488400480682.jpg (437KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488400480682.jpg
437KB, 1920x1080px
It's night shift in /dcg/, and all's well!
>>
I wonder when the Saratogas are going to start shipping. People are getting their limited items already.
>>
All those Lock buffs are making me wish I'd build more than just Gargoyles, Djinn, and a pair of Harpies out of my Scourge bundle. At least I have plenty of Gargs considering how squishy the Chimera is.
>>
>>52321264
How many Gargs and Djinn you got?
>>
>>52321357
5 Gargs, 4 Djinn, 2 Harpies in total. The last hull is sitting around having an identity crisis while I try to salvage the crummy paint job on my Basilisk.
>>
>>52321428
That's totally fine, you didn't overdo it. Make another Garg then buy another frigate box. I wouldn't want to have any less than 6 Gargoyles available. You can't afford to lean on troopships as Scourge like PHR or to a lesser extent UCM can. Chimera is too squishy for that.
>>
File: Corvette kitbash.png (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Corvette kitbash.png
899KB, 600x600px
>>52321449
And on the plus side I now have plenty of unused Char pieces to make some corvettes in the vein of pic related. They've got a nice look to them and they're a damn good project considering how broke I am at the moment.

I'm sad I can't grab an Aegaeon while they're up on the store, though.
>>
>>52321712
If they weren't the color of a dildo I'd take those much more seriously.
They look pretty slick, though.
>>
>Wolverine AA minigun is named Punisher
>Phoenix giant missiles are named Punisher
>Hannibal main cannon is named Punisher
Humans really need to come up with some more original names for their weapons.

>>52322413
My friend you must have some fancy dildos.
>>
>>52322540
How about you take the Alexander's main cannon and name it the Punisher!
How is that for original naming?
>>
>>52322540
sky blue with the visible pastel texture of silicone isn't a common dildo color?
>>
>>52322775
I mean I'm not exactly a connoisseur so I can't be sure but I don't think it's the most common or anything. Seeing a blue gradient like that doesn't make dildos immediately spring to mind.
>>
File: Scourge Armor Material.jpg (26KB, 498x375px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge Armor Material.jpg
26KB, 498x375px
>>52322930
Guess I'm just weird then.
Either way, I do like the kitbash. What'd you do to fill in the seam between harpy bits?
>>
>>52322946
anon, pls, save it for the redboards. /dcg/ is a family friendly general of peace.
>>
>>52322964

No we're not. Remember the Jungle Beast wordsmut?
>>
>>52322964
anon says, in the giant space penis edition of the thread...
>>
>>52321712

>There it is! It's the Blue Majestic Sea Flap-Flap!
>No Elder, that's-
>Ramming speed! Vengeance! Vengeance!
>Sir, it's a-
>Mock my perfectly average spine length will you!? Finally, I have caught you outside your home environment!
>...you know, there's some things a brain-transfer just won't fix.
>>
>>52323503
wordsmut is blueboard, anon

>>52323980
we're generally more subtle than that, anon
>>
>>52321712

Those look beautiful.

In that vein it would figure I would find a PHR kitbash I like with a detailed walkthrough to boot just in time for the Echo to become available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIUfS0Ffes
>>
Quick /dcg/, what are some interesting color combos and patterns for the PHR fleet, like pic related?
>>
bump
>>
>>52327015
Due to the nature of PHR armor (being featureless and smooth), unless you have an airbrush handy their armor looks best with solid colors, or (as seen in your picture) patterned two-tone schemes. Something like that can be accomplished with a steady hand and some painter's tape, but will look its best with complementary colors that create a functional striking contrast. I think a hexagon pattern would look bitchin' on PHR, but I lack the skill and knowhow to pull it off
>>
>>52327015

I'm seeing a preference break for Scipios over Leonidas.
>>
>>52329087
I wonder what the resistance would do with a stolen Annihilator. I think they'd give it clown makeup on the face.
>>
>>52326488
Now that's a handy video. The Orion chin was always my choice of ventral hull but I hadn't thought to use a heavy chin as the dorsal armor. They miss out on the sweet missile tubes, but I'm still going to bash a trio together.
>>
File: Raven-A touchdown.png (446KB, 417x480px) Image search: [Google]
Raven-A touchdown.png
446KB, 417x480px
wew bump
>>
>>52329087
>looted annihilator
>legs replaced with wheels
>old Hannibal turret serving as cockpit, allows transport by dropship (because Resistance sure as hell aren't getting those flight systems to work)
>loads of extra armour plating and auxiliary guns hanging off the sides
>plasma bombard is F(N) and possibly direct fire
>>
File: 1489027808511.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1489027808511.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Is there an ETA on battle-cruisers? I'd love to add a Perth-class or two to my fleet.
>>
>>52335514
did you put a chaos bridge on your battleship you absolute madman

You are now realizing that the UCM is probably all just a giant Khornate cult bent on murdering everything
>>
>>52335744
It's not mine, but I've been thinking about doing that when my battleship comes in. For some reason I love the idea of the battleship having a bridge tower.
>>
>>52335363
>be scourge warrior on patrol
>Host's feet hurting, kinda enjoying hearing host whine about the pain
>see giant fucking clown car Annihilator come rolling out around the corner
>ghetto little firing positions set up all over it have resistance losers mag dumping down range
>Giant plasma ball comes flying down the fucking boulevard and blows up the Oppressor before it has a chance to fire back

Fucking humans man
>>
>>52329422

Well, PHR bombers *are* awesome.
>>
>>52336683

And Scipios can get them up the table fast, which nothing else in the PHR can do other than Andromedas.
>>
>>52329422
I prefer Leo desu. It's a waste putting strike craft on a ship so good at broadsides. When you can properly make use of medium broadsides they're even better than bombers, doing the same damage without all the maneuvering and PD shaving half of it off. Bell, Andromeda and maybe Ikarus are better for bombers imo.
>>
File: status report.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
status report.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>my last correspondence with Hawk clarified that I needed replacement resin hulls for the Leonidas and Adamant, was missing a UCM cruiser sprue, and that getting an XL backer shirt instead of a L was my own fault and didn't need correcting
>today I get a package with an Adamant hull, a PHR cruiser sprue, and a second XL t-shirt
Bless this mess.

How on earth do I word my email this time? I almost feel selfish at this point.
>>
File: Cybrog.jpg (111KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cybrog.jpg
111KB, 1143x1600px
>>52338535
So you're still missing the Leo hull? Just say you're missing that, and don't even bother with mentioning the shirt.

Alternately, get cyberswole as fuck so you can fill out the shirt with your a e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>52338535

>Start grazing on Dorritos until the shirts fit, combine two phr cruiser hulls into a BC kit-bash, build your Adamant, and praise the White Sphere from protecting you from the baseline perversion in spite of yourself?

Be specific and itemize. Lists, anon. Lists. Conversational language isn't for this kind of thing.
>>
>>52338535
>>52338727
Oh wait, I missed that you were missing a UCM sprue, not PHR.
>>
Hey thread, how's this list looking?
It's so nice that admirals get upgraded for free now, those extra 20/40/60 points are perfect.

--------------------------------------
Scourge draft 1 - 1244pts
Scourge - 10 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (205pts)
1 x Basilisk - 205pts - H
+ Fleet Enslaver (20pts, 2AV)

SR10 Line battlegroup (220pts)
2 x Ifrit - 220pts - M

1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (191pts)
1 x Wyvern - 105pts - M
2 x Djinn - 86pts - L

SR6 Pathfinder battlegroup (198pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
2 x Charybdis - 70pts - L

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (66pts)
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------
>>
>>52339751
Not sure about the Wyvern-Djinn combo. The combination of different speeds and atmos capability mean they may not work that well together. I'd dedicate more completely to one or the other.

I'd try to fit in another 3 Nickars. You don't have any troopships and only 6 Gargs, so they need to be protected.
>>
IMO Leo is the better PHR battlecruiser. You have a terrifying potential gun power that you have the speed to use. Take a Bell if you want fighters, its better than the Scipio.
>>
File: Osprey.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Osprey.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
It's night shift in /dcg/, and all's well!
>>
>>52337902
>>52340004
I'd say that PHR bombers are our control element, since no one wants to eat those 2+ hits if they can help it. Sure, the Scipio can deploy its bombers at immediate range and leave your opponent with just PD to defend. But then you lose out on the space to combine a sizeable broadside group with an Ikarus or Bell group to take advantage of the maneuvering chaos that springs up when your carriers on the periphery dump a half dozen bomber tokens on your opponent's vanguard.
>>
>>52340004
>>52340346

Spoken like anons that have never actually bullied the table with Scipio.
>>
>>52340004
I've faced both of them. They're pretty good. Main difference I've found between them is that Leonidas is countered more easily by positioning (weapons free with that thing is bad touch, avoid at all costs) while Scipio is countered by fighter or aegis use. Scipio is far easier to use, but seems to have less potential. If the PHR player is kind enough to only bring one or two troopships then consider either BC an important target for snipers and/or CAW kill squads.
>>
>>52339751
I'd move the gargoyles from the hydra BG to the nickar BG.
>>
>>52340994
>Scipio is far easier to use, but seems to have less potential

Something the Scipio has is fairly high-value, fairly certain early contribution. If your opponent knows what to *do* with that, Scipio-skew does things that aren't in Leonidas's toolkit (or Bellerophon's for that matter).

With the Calypso buff, that kind of shenanigans got even safer- more certain.
>>
>>52339885
>>52342995
Thanks for the input, guys; personaly, I'm not sure how to feel about the Harpy's contribution, but that extra damage is nice if just to pick off wounded ships.

Scourge draft 2 - 1238pts

SR12 Line battlegroup (304pts)
2 x Ifrit - 220pts - M
2 x Harpy - 84pts - L

1 x Wyvern - 105pts - M

1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

Also, there's this just for fun
Scourge draft 3 - 1248pts
Scourge - 15 launch assets

SR5 Line battlegroup (110pts)
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M

1 x Wyvern - 105pts - M

SR9 Line battlegroup (268pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

SR10 Pathfinder battlegroup (270pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR10 Pathfinder battlegroup (270pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L
>>
>If every little voice in your head says "build a gigantic space ship!", don't do it, it's a bad idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVmxnpRWMbs
>>
How big are corvettes supposed to be?

The Shaltari glass is stated as being too small to meet the UCM designation as a corvette, and that it also has a crew of 12. For comparison the B-52H bomber has a crew of 5 and is roughly 50 meters long with a 55 meter wingspan. How big are the "small" ships, and how are they so fast?
>>
>>52343996
Hope and optimism: gone.
>>
>>52344964
They're slightly smaller than frigates but significantly less bulky. A great deal less bulky in the case of the Glass. All far, far bigger than something like a B52 though. Shaltari don't crew their ships for shit anyway, so 12 for a vessel several hundred metres long isn't that surprising.

I'd assume that corvettes are fast because they're light with powerful engines. That's often why things are fast.
>>
File: hdf-24002_1.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
hdf-24002_1.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>>52344964
The UCM New Orleans class is 560 meters long, so chances are corvettes will probably range between 2-400 meters in length. That said, the Glass isn't exactly a great example for a corvette since the Shaltari do not follow human standards (like their crew complements, all Shaltari craft have considerably smaller crew requirements than human ships, given their highly advanced technology and lower overall population)

As for how they're so fast, corvettes are 50% fusion reactor+thrusters, have minimal armor, and fairly simplistic weapons that don't require a shit-ton of space and/or weight.
>>
>>52344964
>>52345320
>>52345437
Going by the model sizes given by Hawk on their website:

>Santiago
448 meters long
>Nickar
476 meters wide
>Echo
540 meters long
>Glass
512 meters long

So they're all shorter than a UCM frigate (with the Echo being only 48 meters shorter)
And all still bigger than a modern day supercarrier.
I wonder if the "12 Shaltari" number includes Pungari ratings as well?
>>
>>52335514

Fuckin love that mass effect scheme t b h
>>
File: 1471379608940.jpg (16KB, 169x184px) Image search: [Google]
1471379608940.jpg
16KB, 169x184px
>>52345501
Don't be silly, Pungari aren't people.
>>
>>52345660
If we were only counting people the crew count for every Shaltari ship would be 0
>>
This just in, trying to make properly angled name tabs for ships in GIMP is a bitch and a half. Though I've got a properly scaled template for printing now, all that's left is to start getting names onto 'em.
>>
File: RiftbornCruiser.jpg (211KB, 1240x689px) Image search: [Google]
RiftbornCruiser.jpg
211KB, 1240x689px
How do I transfer this aesthetic to the Shaltari?
Namely, ceramic white, gloss black, matte grey, and gold?
>>
>>52347331
Actually, on second thought, either the Shaltari or PHR.

What are some good ways to include matte gold with ceramic white hulls for the PHR?
>>
>>52347350
ceramic white for the typically bone colored hull, gold filigree on the blue that you typically see on a PHR vessel, with possible gold on the gun mountings as well. I have little doubt the PHR would feel ostentatious enough to slap gold on their guns.
>>
>>52347484
>Checkoutthesegunsdoyouevenlift.holo
>>
File: 1473101161127.jpg (12KB, 207x221px) Image search: [Google]
1473101161127.jpg
12KB, 207x221px
>Ship-name Strip log, March 24, 2672
>After two hours of fighting with the program, I have come to the realization that I have made no meaningful progress.
>The sticker sheet mocks me from the side table
>Delete files, proceed to the nearest airlock.
>>
>>52348466

Well, that sucks.
>>
File: PHRgold.jpg (68KB, 796x256px) Image search: [Google]
PHRgold.jpg
68KB, 796x256px
>>52347484
Eh, I'm not too sure. I don't want it to be TOO flashy; I wouldn't really call the ship I posted ostentatious. Perhaps something like pic related, with the tips of the gravity fins being gold/brass, the rest of the metal being the normal dusky iron.
>>
How best does one use prowlers in DZC? Should I bum rush them in their dropships across the table turn one and taunt the enemy into shooting them down and letting them loose in their midst, or be a bit more conservative with them?
>>
>>52349040
They need to ambush in areas where the enemy wants to go like near focal points or critical locations. Hide them behind buildings or terrain, then rush up to raep tanks.
>>
>>52349040
Field fifty-six of them at 1500 points alongside the rest of your force. The opponent doesn't have enough bullets to deal with the sheer number of Prowlers and your main force as well. Remember, he has to dedicate each shot from his unit to an enemy model before he starts firing.
>>
>>52350010
>>52350254
These two have it, and there really is no in between. You either go whole hog and just fill the field with the little shits, or you use them as a surprise charge on anyone who goes where you don't want them to go. For the first one, you can do whatever, but for the second one you have to think hard and consider a lot of angles, because most opponents don't let Prowlers swing on them twice.
>>
>>52348740
May be a bit more than what you're looking for, but I think that the fin armor plates in brass (with perhaps a matte finish) would look lovely.
>>
>>52350254
How do you get that many? I can only see a way to group 48 of them in at that point value.
>>52350431
Sounds good.
So am I going to hamstring myself by not taking skimmers at all, and instead focusing on walkers, air power and infantry?
>>
>>52350612
48 is right. I was remembering it wrong.
>>
>>52313818
>White base color, very light green layer, and a green glaze?

Looks like a bright green base color drybrushed with white to me.
>>
>>52350644
Perhaps; I'll have to test both methods out.
>>
>>52350612
Not really. The medium grav tanks are good, but so are their walker counterparts. Invaders are shit. Heavy grav tanks are nothing all that special.

Come to think of it, Scourge haven't gained any new skimmers since the base game At this point PHR have nearly as many as they do.
>>
>>52354072
>Come to think of it, Scourge haven't gained any new skimmers since the base game At this point PHR have nearly as many as they do.
E X E C U T I O N E R
S O O N
>>
>>52354072
On this note, would a unit each of Stalkers and Ravagers in Harbingers work as well for starter-box games as the grav tanks? I've got new players interested in the game, but I'm getting tired of Hunters and Reapers in Marauders.
>>
>>52354122
I think it would work okay as an alternate, but it will cause some confusion at the idea that the Scourge are more fragile than the UCM and play like glass cannons. not insurmountably, but it might be a frustration.
>>
>>52354072
yeah, i wasn't too impressed with the heavy tanks for their point cost. the extra gun is nice, but at only armor 8 for what, 50 points a pop? Not enough staying power to justify that to myself.
>>
So, /dfc/

Who owns the planet you're fighting over? Why are there two space fleets both trying to drop troops onto a totally unoccupied planet?
>>
>>52355320
In the case of the Scourge, it's probably faster to get orbiting vessels into drop range to counter a hostile incursion than it is to relocate troops from another hemisphere, and it's not like their occupation fleet had anything else to do before the UCM showed up.

For PHR vs UCM, the mechfags have spies so far up the UCM's asshole that they have a live feed of their movements and can cockblock them accordingly when needed.

Knowing Shaltari, they probably have cloaked scouts in every potential system of interest keeping an eye out for a) a threat to their long-term plans or b) a fleet of just the right size to give their tribe a nice, honorable scrap.
>>
>>52355320
I always assumed at the end of the day its cheaper to keep troops in strike carriers and troopships where things are logistically devoted to keeping them armed and cared for. During combat operations on the ground you need to keep troops there, but in almost every case its more helpful to just keep a standing garrison in space able to respond rapidly to developing situations on the ground. Therefore most games can represent defense fleets moving to discourage invading forces and mitigating damage done by invaders by deploying their own defensive troops.

That said I'd love a series of operations where scourge forces are dug in and have troops on the ground but the scenario doesn't allow strike carriers, say in one of the outer moons of a system the UCM is attacking. That could lead to much more interesting games where the UCM player can demolish scourge positions and the Scourge have to treat Madrids and Tokyos as higher priority targets.
>>
>>52355320
>UCM
Take back their lost worlds and infrastructure

>Scourge
Keep the UCM from taking away infrastructure

>PHR
Fuck with the UCM, Scourge, and maybe take some planets for themselves

>Shaltari
Removing filthy primitives from ancient Shaltari worlds, keep the balance of power between the other factions relatively even, or just have a good fight.
>>
File: 1470758454774.jpg (362KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470758454774.jpg
362KB, 1600x900px
It is the night shift yet again in /dcg/, and all is well!
>>
>>52355113
They should really be A9. Being 3" slower with a short range gun hurts a lot more than being 1" slower with long range guns like UCM and PHR stuff. Toughness could compensate for that, right now 2 Hunters are so much better than a single Slayer it's hard to justify the big one.

I'm not even sure what to do with the Tormentor. As long as the Raider exists and as fast as it is, there doesn't seem to be much point.
>>
>>52356433
>As long as the Raider exists and as fast as it is, there doesn't seem to be much point.
The tormentor isn't the literal worst model in the game, and not worst as in "everything looks better than it", but worst as it "it's a legitimately bad model"
>>
>>52345320
>>52345437
>>52345501

I see, I just always assumed that they were significantly smaller than frigates (which I knew were fucking massive). Not necessarily B52 sized, but certainly no more than 2 - 3 times the length.

Do we have any size estimates on the strike craft?
>>
>>52356912
Going off of pic related and the fact that fighters and bombers are modeled at 1:5000 rather than 1:9150, we get:

>fighters
3.6 mm model
18 meters, 60 feet (about the size of an F-15, unless my math is off)

>bombers
6.8 mm model
34 meters, 112 feet (much less than a B59)

I think my math is off, but I can't seem to find any actual measurements of the models themselves, and don't have any of my own to measure.
>>
so is dropzone still getting updated and new models, or is all the attention completely focussed on dropfleet
>>
>>52357153
It got an expansion, phase 2, litterally 2 or so months before dropfleet hit, and I think phase 1 dropped a year or so before that.
>>
>>52356829
Everyone has their hated Scourge model. Personally I think the Raider looks adequate, it's a decent execution of a shoddy concept. The Marauder, on the other hand, looks like a complete sack of dog shit. How they managed to make build the disc rack dropships side by side and have the inherently more silly Despoiler come out looking far better is beyond me.

>>52357153
General release battlecruisers and any other leftovers from DFC core will come first, but after that the attention is on DZC phase 3.
>>
>>52357153
They announced a bunch of new Dropzone models alongside the Dropfleet corvettes back in December, and DzC Phase 3 is probably their big project for this half of 2017.
>>
>>52357209
I'd disagree; the Marauder looks stupid, but at least it fits with the Scourge aesthetic.

The Raider is about as unscourge as you can get, and it's not even a good model otherwise.
>>
>>52357236
Hence the preface of everybody having their own one they despise. I've met some people who share my opinion on the Marauder, a couple who hate the Raider like you do, others still who think the Despoiler is the worst, and even a guy who can't stand the Annihilator.

I've not met any who hate the Harbinger or any of the Invader-based aircraft though. Probably because they actually look pretty good.
>>
>>52357320
>hating the Despoiler or the Annihilator
How can they even do that? The despoiler is just the right amount of alien without looking stupid, and the Annihilator is so happy!

I bet there's someone who things the giant enemy crab is bad, too.
>>
>>52357353
Annihilator hater specifically hates the back leg, because it looks more like a tail the walker is balancing on than an actual leg. He doesn't mind the flight mode iirc.

And the Despoiler is pretty fucking stupid conceptually. There's a reason "make it like a really tall CD rack" isn't a common design choice. Main difference between it and the Marauder is that they executed it well, but I can still understand people being turned off by the concept alone.
>>
>>52357420
>because it looks more like a tail the walker is balancing on than an actual leg.
It's not a tail?
>>
>>52340284

This thing makes me more excited than Chad Cyberdick's date on prom night.
>>
>>52340284
>This is Big Sky to Central, LZ is hot

Resistance (+MFR) vs Scourge XCOM2 mod when?
>>
File: Scourge_BattleCruiser_Basilisk.jpg (89KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge_BattleCruiser_Basilisk.jpg
89KB, 960x640px
>tfw just want to see what the Akuma looks like
>have to wait, at the least, another 5-9 weeks before there's even the possibility

Who wants to bet that they'll be unveiling renders at UKGE?
>>
So what do people think of my first ever list? The Burn through lasers look like so much fun! Plus I was told PHR has strong troop ships and Bombers.

first 1000 - 999pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (264pts)
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)
2 x Andromeda - 84pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (210pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (278pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
2 x Ajax - 200pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (207pts)
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L
1 x Orion - 107pts - M
>>
>>52357092
those seem a bit small given the crew requirements, Id up the size by 50%, the UCM fighter has a crew of 4, and the bomber a crew of 7,
so b52 sized for the bomber would work (B59 wut ?) but f-14 seems a tad small for the fighter
>>
>>52358570
Put the Pandoras with the Bell and the Europas with the Orion. Lasers and broadsides don't mix.

You could probably get away with just 2 strike carriers if you had more troopships, but you just have too few objective ships in general. 4 strike carriers and 2 troopships would probably be best, though you can get away with fewer of one if you have more of the other.
>>
>>52356433
I had been toying around for an added special rule to make some of the heavier units more durable without upping their armor and DP to ridiculous numbers. The thought was to apply the dispersed formation rule from infantry to vehicles, call it the dispersed systems or what have you, Basically the vehicle has enough redundancy and or spacing between key systems that its nearly impossible for a single shot to completely take it out,and hence it can only ever take 1 DP worth of damage from any single shot regardless of modifiers.
>>
>>52358718
Seems like a bit much, and largely just encourages use of multiple low power SC or focus shots. I'd make it a bit like reinforced armour in DFC, where a weapon needs to roll 1 higher than usual to cause a crit. It could be really good on something like a Gladius, since the majority of E11 weapons could no longer one-shot them.

I wouldn't put it on Scourge heavy tanks though, A9 would be enough for their purposes.
>>
>>52359143

What about Shaltari heavy tanks?
>>
>>52359197
What about them? Jaguar and Coyote are showing their age a bit, but otherwise Shaltari heavies are a strong contender for best in the game.
>>
>>52354739
> Scourge
> Glass cannons
I haven't played a lot, but isn't that only true in the core book?
>>
>>52359710
no its pretty true throughout the walker units only have 1 dp, and wont hold up to much firepower, the whole faction does not want to really be shot at
>>
>>52358570
I'd take one more troopship OR at least one more medea, honestly.
>>
>>52357577
Clearly, that's what's happening inside the office building you're trying to assault with your MF-R. Strike One, Secure the VIP.

Or if you wanted to be cheeky, play on a map with a coast. And have them assault a cruise ship. OH FUCK RAZORWORMS.
>>
>>52363283
>Shaltari warsuits are pretty much equal to Sectopods in size
>>
>>52363283
>Razorworm packs like Chrysalids, dropping out of the ceiling and eviscerating everyone
>>
>No one in my area plays DZC or DFC
>Bought the rulebook at my LGS
>Lore is interesting game looks fun
>Haven't done a demo of DZC
>Still wanna play the game
>Might be able to wrangle a friend

Should I pick up the two player starter?
>>
>>52366785
If you think a friend will have some interest go for it. I've been gaming with just one friend and it can be really fun.
>>
>>52367589

Do you think it'd be better since I have the rulebook to buy a cityscape and the two forces I want?
>>
>>52366785
how much wrangling we talkin
(i want to tell you yes but its hard to start it up)
>>
>>52368912

He said it was "interesting".
>>
Does anyone here play DFC in Sydney, Aus?
>>
>>52367635
Depends. Might want to talk with your buddy a bit, check and see what they might have an interest in. That will definitely save frustration if one or neither of you wants to play scourge or UCM.
>>
It's the thread's fourth night shift, and all is well!
>>
>>52372910

>That moment when resistance is dropped as the next faction coming to dropfleet

The night is good. Resist brothers on the ground and in the void.
>>
I have fought and destroyed my first Battleship, a Diamond. I must say, 18 hull took a bit longer to burn down than I expected.
The Particle Triad was about as damaging as I expected, which is to say it destroyed a cruiser every time it fired.
>>
File: Salakhan goes to space.png (475KB, 984x419px) Image search: [Google]
Salakhan goes to space.png
475KB, 984x419px
>>52372984
>Resistance fleet
>>
>>52372984
>>52373083
>literally just a Saturn V filled with C4 and one of Gunnar's berserkers in the cockpit
>>
>>52373083
>>52373172

Get. Fucking. Hype.

Lets look at it like this. We'll probably have some old battlestar type shit mixed with ramshackle ships.

It's gun' be gud.
>>
>>52372984
>>52373083
>>52373172
>>52373252
Is this something that has been officially confirmed or is it just vain hopes and false dreams?
>>
>>52373308

Beasts of war interview with hawk at adepticon.
>>
>>52373323
Source/link?

I'm both slightly disappointed, and EXTREMELY excited.
>>
>>52373355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjxQq8bzNTo
>>
>>52373376
Surely she simply misspoke
>>
>>52373376
>not a direct confirmation, only a teast/hint that may just be joking
Now, if it was directly from the mouth of Dave, then I'd be more convinced.
>>
>>52373376
I wouldn't put too much stock in an offhand comment by a rank and file employee. If she straight up said "they'll be coming to dropfleet later" or something that would be different, but as it stands I'm not getting my hopes up. As the other anon said, it's quite possible she just misspoke.
>>
>>52372984
God fucking no. That's the dumbest shit ever. You can't just fucking jury-rig a spaceship, and with Scourge controlling all of space before UCM arrival, there's no way to get spares, air or food up there. It's fucking retarded, and anyone wanting to see that force in DFC is a fag.
>>
>>52374244
this tbqh. The only EAA-era warships that survived were likely the ones the abandonists took with them.
>>
>>52373376
She didn't really seem to know what the game was about, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it
>>
Was the EAA in charge of just Earth, or all of humanity?

Specifically, did the "Earth Administration Authority" refer to it being the administrating authority of Earth, or the Earth-based administrative authority of all of humanity.
>>
>>52375168
EAA was the human empire. It was named after Earth because Earth was the important capital planet, like Mexico was named after Mexico City.
>>
>>52375244
Ah, alright, so there wasn't an "Eden Administrative Authority" or an "Olympus Administrative Authority" or the like. That makes much more sense.
>>
/dcg/ I've got a PHR player whose salt has grown unbearable of late. He's constantly losing to the shaltari player at our flgs, and is utterly convinced that the hogs are OP and there's literally no way to beat them. I'm planning on taking his ships out to show him how its done. The hogs favor a broad mixture of cruiser classes with multiple bombardment and particle lance boats, with a diamond in support. His general MO is to edge forward the bare minimum each turn and shoot from his table edge.

Here's what I've cobbled together, are there any glaring holes I've got in the list to throw down with the shaltari?

Fuck shaltari - 1497pts
PHR - 6 launch assets

SR17 Flag battlegroup (359pts)
1 x Minos - 285pts - S
2 x Calypso - 74pts - L

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (280pts)
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
2 x Pandora - 100pts - L

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (207pts)
1 x Hector - 170pts - H
1 x Calypso - 37pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (185pts)
1 x Orion - 107pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (298pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (168pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

inb4 hector is terrible. I know its not the best, but part of the point is using this guy's own ships to show him it can be done.
>>
Can confirm that hawk have no idea who that woman who was interviewed is, and they didn't know she was being interviewed.
>>
>>52375576
What else does the guy have? Some more Pandoras would be good, they're invaluable for target marking and spike management is important against Shaltari.
>>
>>52375749
General list I see the shaltari player run is kinda fluid in his cruiser loadout, but generally revolves around
-diamond w/ opal
-amber w/ 3 topaz
-obsidian w/ 2 jade
-2-3 amethyst
-1-2 either jet or onyx
and almost always 2 motherships and 6 voidgates

I don't remember the exact numbers of the amethyst or the heavy cruisers offhand, but those are the general points of his fleet. He's eager to get his amethyst stuck in, but he's much slower and more reluctant to put his other ships any further than the bare minimum forward, even his bombardment/CAW heavy(s)

We generally play 1500 point games
>>
>>52376772
Sounds like low number of motherships and gates.
>>
>>52376977
Aye. I generally play scourge, and the two groups of nickar I run butcher his ground game pretty fast due to that.
>>
>>52375576

8 bombers are more than twice as good as 4 and two troopships are more than twice as good as one.

This may actually be a list design problem; when playing against a 1500 point list there's a certain threshhold of effectiveness for each element that might not be being reached.

Have fun killing void-gates, though. We know you want to.
>>
>>52374244

Well, you might get drives on a space-station hulk. Just enough "Corvettes" that you don't have to come up with excuses for them.

But as a rule everything with an FTL is a century gone or a century dead.

I'm working towards (it's a little bit past being hot air, but not far) kit-bashing *one* "Resistance" Corvette, slip it into a UCM list as a local auxiliary for the strike-carrier meta like Romans and tribal cavalry. That's as far as I'm willing to go.
>>
>>52377476

To the dim mists of memory! (aka, sci-fi books I read once that used this trope)

>Footfall: Single unit, built in secret under interdiction (but not occupation) using shenanigans. No second use intended, either they got orbital superiority or it failed
>Orion Shall Rise: Single unit, built in secret under interdiction/occupation using shenanigans.

Both Orion Drives, and by all rights a foe that took them as seriously as they ought to have would have strobe-nuked the area when they started noticing the logistics tail behind the effort.

>Starhammer: Old battleship hidden in a Gas Giant atmosphere upon defeat against implacable foe. No shenanigans.

State of the art ship, some wear. I like this one but it's just one ship.
>>
>>52372984
Even if the credibility of the comment wasn't under serious suspicion, how in the world could they ever muster a fleet worth a damn? They sure as hell don't have the resources to build new ships, and it'd be the asspull of the decade to say that they had tens or hundreds of frigate level ships secreted away for the past 160 years (let alone anything larger like cruisers).

While the idea of a ramshackle fleet is entertaining, it's not exactly feasible within the parameters of the fluff.
>>
>>52373376

Hawk, sometimes the things we say we want are stupid- as in, fiscally stupid for a small-time company to stick its neck out on. Don't give us what we say we want, here.
>>
>>52377867

Don't the Asgard resistance (the PHR collaborators) retain working EAA defense factories? I think they make tanks.
>>
>>52377952
I think? I'd have to re-read the fluff there. But even then, tank factories are on a completely different scale compared to what you'd need both in space and in resources to build corvettes or even frigates on the ground.
>>
>>52377867
A human ramshackle fleet may not be, but I'm going to keep pushing the idea of a Scourge victim refugee fleet until it happens or I get bored. Ancient military and repurposed civilian ships that have been refitted and repaired so many times that they barely resemble the originals, mixed in with shitty new stuff built to be be highly efficient with whatever resource they're running low on at the moment. It'd be rad.

>>52377952
Some on Eden do as well, and possibly elsewhere. But there's a big difference between some tanks and a spaceship half a kilometre long, especially considering the vast majority of them have to be constructed in space.
>>
>>52377781

Making this slightly less of an asspull (maybe just prying it out of a clenched butt-crack) is that the Colonies switching off their nodes took place before every FTL capable EAA ship had gotten the fuck out of the cradle worlds or died in the attempt.

"Stashed the boat in a neutrally-buoyant strata of gas giant/parked it on an asteroid and decamped to someplace we could breathe the air" may have been something that happened. Fat lot of good they did against the Scourge at the time, though.
>>
>>52373376
No confidence in what she said as proof for space resistance.
>>
>>52378054
>Some on Eden do as well, and possibly elsewhere. But there's a big difference between some tanks and a spaceship half a kilometre long, especially considering the vast majority of them have to be constructed in space.

Yeah, I've been out to Newport News. The GDP of an occupied Cradle-World, I could see building ONE corvette a decade (one USA manages 1 super-carrier every five years or thereabouts), one frigate best case, if they could coordinate it. And the frigate would hardly be worth doing- corvettes would at least be useful to a Resistance in it's day to day struggle for existence. There's no goddamned point having the second-best orbital superiority arm in-theatre- massively wasted effort. The Scourge kicks ass that that.
>>
>>52378772

Truthfully, they'd be better off growing what passes for blow among the Mischievous Hedgehogs and bribing frigate captains and Glass pilots for periodic orbital support.
>>
>>52378887

>implying that isn't what happened at Asgard with the local "resistance" bringing in all their PHR junkies to keep the UCM out of their lucrative narco-state.
>>
>>52307749
what's the difference between DZC and DFC?
>>
>>52379039
what's the difference between a marine and a battlecruiser
>>
>>52379075
Okay, thanks. I've only read the DFC pdf so far, so it's like killteam vs 40k?
>>
>>52379098
more like 40k vs BFG. I don't actually play DZC at all, so I was just commenting on the fact that it's spaceships vs army men
>>
>>52379039
Same exact setting; DZC is 15mm ground battles, while DFC is ship combat. The games have enough overlap that if you learn one you'll be able to figure out the other fairly quickly. They're also designed with the option for mixed game campaigns if you're feeling creative.

If we wanna relate it in 40k terms, DZC is Epic, while DFC is Battle Fleet Gothic.
>>
>>52379153
Hmmm...
>>
>>52379153
>>52379075
>>52379125
>>52379153
wtf
you guys could have just said that DZC is 40k and DFC is xwing
>>
>>52379216
We could also have said that the sky was yellow and the sun was blue.
>>
File: 1489243553382.jpg (233KB, 1500x562px) Image search: [Google]
1489243553382.jpg
233KB, 1500x562px
>>52379179
To give you an idea, this is a UCM New Orleans-class frigate, built to scale for DZC. The hundred hangar bays (50 to a side) each contain a single Condor medium dropship and associated vehicles for drop (tanks, APCs, etc). The strip above the dropship hangar, but below the main gun, is a hangar+launch bay for atmospheric bombers, interceptors, and Raven light dropships.
>>
>>52379229
But that wouldn't be accurate where my comparison blatantly is.

What I don't get is why you would deny it lol, do you not want people to play this game?
>>
>>52379250
wow gee whiz that sure is nifty it's almost like a star destroyer compared to an xwing
>>
>>52379252
Epic and BFG are noticeably more accurate (and in the same setting) much like Dz/fC. Further, both 40k and Xwing are at smaller scales than DZC or DFC. One of the guys who wrote the rules for DFC wrote the rules for BFG. The comparisons made above yours seem intrinsically more accurate and descriptive.
>>
File: 1477878827092.jpg (447KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477878827092.jpg
447KB, 1024x768px
>>52379216
Except that the scale of both is off. 40k is a 28mm skirmish game, while DZC is a 15mm game. X-wing is, again, a skirmish game, while DFC is on the scale of full fleet combat.

>>52379179
>>52379250
Now, at the bottom left and right, is the same New Orleans-class frigate in DFC. These are some of the lightest ships in the game (marginally tougher than corvettes), and can be destroyed by larger ships if they're looked at funny.
>>
Alright so how do I play this online, vassal?
>>
>>52379250
Wonder what those rings on the bows are.
>>
>>52379435
Whatever you use to simulate tabletop wargames.
>>
>>52379458
What's got a good module for it?
>>
>>52379447
Tubes for the close action missiles.
>>
>>52380014
Too big, I think. I want to guess cargo bays from the picture, with the doors half open.
>>
>>52380014
Close action missiles are all over the ship, so I don't think that's what those are. Could they be docking ports?
>>
>>52380658>>52380250
Nah, its the CAW missiles. In the New Orleans illustration, it lists that the ship only has 12 missiles in stock and I think labels these tubes as the launchers. Its also shared with other frigates
>>
>>52380928
They'd be humongous missiles, and the Taipei has them too- which I would assume it shouldn't if they're integrated into the Taipei's weaponry.
>>
>>52379279

A New Orleans is almost not worth shooting at, anon. If it didn't put troops onto objectives nobody would bother.
>>
>>52381474
oh gee whiz on some of the ships they wrote 2000 meters instead of 1000 meters on the stat block people of color me really impressed
>>
>>52381623

Anon means its the tiniest, cheapest, weakest actual *ship* in Dropfleet Commander.
>>
>>52381728
oh gee whiz on some of the other ships they wrote 3000 meters on the statblock people of color me massively impressed
>>
>>52381766
I realize you're just being a massive faggot, and that's cool and all, but don't you think there is a difference between X-Wing and Armada?
>>
>>52381794
I don't know what Armada is, ya big pussy!
>>
>>52379250
>>52381766
>>52381623

There's a videolog of the designer building that thing, from scratch, 15mm scale. You legitimately *ought* to be impressed. This isn't some corporate shill telling the mold design guys to get him a slightly bigger triangular block to pre-paint for sale.
>>
>>52381909
I don't give a shit about your model you big fat kike
>>
>>52381766
>>52381623
>>52379279

I get that you're shitposting and all that, but I legitimately don't understand what it is you're shitposting about.

Is your complaint that the New Orleans too big? Or that you shouldn't compare big ships and small ones? I am actually confused.
>>
>>52381942
Oh, not a fan of UCM design? I personally always liked the utilitarian and angular designs myself.

Maybe one of the other factions would be more to your fancy?

Have a great day :)
>>
>>52382004
As I can parse, he's complaining that the DFC is the same as XWING because the scale of the models is irrelevant- ie, moving an Awing is the same as moving a Nawlins, just 'cause they're small and agile.

I'd call it a specious and futile tack to be arguing on, but I'm not even sure that's what he's saying.
>>
>ITT: anons falling for low-tier bait
It feels like the early threads all over again.
I kind of miss the pre-painted shitposting, actually.

>Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.
>>
>>52382610

Didn't look to be so much bait as a very confused anon that didn't quite grasp that the scale of DZC is 15mm to human scale, and the scale relationship between DZC and DFC scenarios isn't arbitrary (what with the New Orleans Basis-model). Epic to BFG was a decent analogy. And then he started throwing a tantrum for some reason.

>X-wing and 40k are even good games
>but some anons just don't have a head for scale
>>
>>52372910

Worth mentioning that tank can acquit itself just fine on any battlefield in the setting, 150 years after the EAA fell.
>>
>>52382898
>I'm a stupid loser who doesn't have anyone to play with
>>
>>52381942
Newfriend, /pol/ is 5 boards <--- way.
>>
>>52383454
transtrender, suicide is about 5 years <--- way
>>
>>52382898
>Didn't look to be so much bait
you were saying?

>>52383451
>>52383478
>>
>>52383573
>everyone who's right about me is trolling
>>
File: IMG_20170326_180519239.jpg (803KB, 1728x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_180519239.jpg
803KB, 1728x973px
Finally finished my UCM starter, though I'll probably be doing touch-ups and fine details over the next week or two between classes. My gut says get another starter, a battleship, and a corvette group to round it out, but my wallet is telling me no.

>>52383389
A lot of EAA vehicles were well designed, sometimes 'too well'. While they're not designed to modern standards, and they tend to be resource hogs, they're still very good at doing what they were meant to do.
>>
>>52383594
>implying I'm them.
You're obviously shitposting, lad. Step up your game and give us some real quality hooks.
>>
>>52383781
>oi oim real retarded
Nice post, idiot
>>
>>52383781
>>52383813
At this rate, we'll actually have a new thread by the end of the night. I don't comprehend any reason for the shitposting, but it at least keeps the thread moving.
>>
>>52383943
shut up dick
>>
>>52383943
Don't give him (you)s, anon.
>>
>>52382898
I mean I've got nothing against the models and lore, but gameplay wise 40k is not at all a good game. It's like it was balanced through use of a dartboard.

>>52383959
Okay man I was going to leave well enough alone but that's some truly impressive stuff. I could never put that little effort into a troll reply, you should be proud. You get a gold star, buddy.
>>
>>52384003
spunk juggler
>>
>>52384024
Inspiring
>>
>>52384024
sͅp͉͓̀u͇̗̝̗̩̼̮̕n̲̠̘̙͞ͅk̗͖ j̫͇̣͎͈͇͍u̲͉͈͈̦g̵̱̟g̖̞l͖̠̻͘ḙ̤̱͟r͉͇̞̹
>>
File: noice.png (19KB, 140x274px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
19KB, 140x274px
>>52384042
>>
Okay gang, post ideas for famous admirals. What are their bonuses? What are their drawbacks?

>>52384042
>Reminder to ignore spunk, unless it is masterfully juggled.
>>
>>52384191
>okay me, how can I bump my thread a little more
>>
File: No ESCAPE.png (544KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
No ESCAPE.png
544KB, 720x540px
>>52384230
>̨̡̹̮̩̞̙͈͙͜ͅo͓͖̲͘ḱ̻̤̲̫̯̖͇̲a̭̻͚͟y̻̻̣̰̻̻̲̦͖͝͠ ̫̤͔̝̥̳̯͞ṃ̳͙e̵̬̭͘͜,̷͎͎̦̹͘ ̸̪̥̜h̡̲̯͔̀o̦͞w̨͉̞̣̼̳̤͇̕ ̬̗̠̞̜̯̀͠c̵̳̗̭̬̤̜a͈͙̣̗̻̹̩͡n̲̪ ̷̰̼͓̺͉͈̙I̭ ̵̼͈̹̯͔̹̞̩b̟̦̳͉̹̭͘u̡͚̟̫͙m̶͕̬̜̺͚̞͖̯͜p̷̨̖̠͇̼̞͓͕͎ ͍̙̤́͡m̭̺̗̣͎̣͞y̷̵̞̣̞̬̪̹̕ ̻̙̗̣͙̰͎͕̤t̢͉̳͖̙̀͞h̸̸͈̙̬ŕ̫̞̰̣͈̟̕͠e̩̦͕̪̩̺͟a̷̲̥̺̞̲͞d̨̗͙͙͇ ̡̤̣̗͙͔͜à̯͈ ͇̗̺͚̪̩l̹̦͝i̡͙̣̝̦͓̱͔t̸̢̙͖͡ͅt̛͈͚͚̮̣̗̜l̶̺͇̺e̤̰͈͇̹ ͎̗̺̣̯̮̩̩͓͞m̸̯̗̠o̡̡͈̣r̯͕̟̟̩̩͢è̩̤̝̥̜̘̣̞̭̀̕
>>
File: eztheddic.png (11KB, 750x439px) Image search: [Google]
eztheddic.png
11KB, 750x439px
What is even going on
>>
File: PHR Admirals.jpg (551KB, 1280x1069px) Image search: [Google]
PHR Admirals.jpg
551KB, 1280x1069px
>>52384467
Not a fucking clue my guy. I've been refreshing the page while writing my paper, and I'm not even sure what the point is anymore.
>>
>>52378132
thats not the resistance then, the resistance is a catchall term which is used to refer to those humans who are living on scourge occupied planets and are resisting the scourge occupation, in order for them to have a space force it would have to be built on their individual planets under secret without the scourge knowing. Also please remember it has been 160 years, there is almost no likely hood that some refugee fleet of ships which was stranded would still be combat relevant 160 years later, at best they could be a special scenario objective, but they would not be a viable military force.
>>
>>52384467
Bored Russian preteens, not even once
>>
>>52384568
>kiked out basement retards, every fucking day in dzcg
>>
File: frosted_butts.jpg (113KB, 604x569px) Image search: [Google]
frosted_butts.jpg
113KB, 604x569px
>>52384635
>̨̼͎̞̠͚̕͘ḱ̥͈̫̝ị̺̞̖̲̕͞k̘̭̻̥̣è̦̝̩̝͔̰̮͇d̶͙̬̮͚̩͔ ͉̗̦̝ó̬͘u̲͖͉̹̙̹͇̱͟͝ţ̤̞̱͙̳͖̖͖̱͠͞ ̷̢͍͔͇̤̬b̶̸̻̤͚̥̰a͍̩̞͔͠ͅș̛̛͇̼̪̤̜͍̪e̛͔̼̮̖̥̲̟͜m͇̝̖̲̳͓͙e̴̞̖̩̖̕n̷͉̝̪̫͕͚t̴̡͇͉͍͙̲͉̹͞ ͇̝͉̪̝͔̰͓̖r͓̻̠̞̜͇͞e͙̗͘t̷͉̙͜͡a̲͎̠̰̬̗̦̺̺͝r͖͈͔̻͝ͅd͎͖̹̞̳͙͢s̛̹̹̞̮͚̘̤̕,̱̗̘͖͈̤͘ ͚̬͎͚͈̕e̶̙̣̗͢͞v̛̖̥̰̻̹͖ę̤̜̟̝̜̫̣ͅr̮̭̼̰͞y̴̴̧̤͇͚̙̦ͅ ̸̞̭̮̲̥f̢̞͢u̧̗͠c̛͕̠͉̫̗͇̞̤̕k̛͕͕͉̘͕͎̟͔̘i̶̛̱̩̥ǹ̶͉͜g̡̢͙͖ ̶̰͍͖̖̦͎̰̪̕͞d͚̬̤͎ą̯͚̀̕y̴̼ ̥͚̩̱͓̳̭͝ì̤͕̩̯͓͕͜͞n̢̧̨͍̦͔̱̟̯ ̜͕̲̠̠̞ͅḏ̭̙͔̲̼͈͉z͈̫͓͘͠c̹̦g͍̮͇̯̦
̮͖̀͘͢
>>
File: 1485896144132.jpg (120KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485896144132.jpg
120KB, 1200x1600px
>>52384191
>Director Dirk Barros
>mounted in a custom Minos
>Hector, Orion, Achilles, Ikarus, Leo and Ganymede become cheaper
>all light tonnage ships except Medeas gain the rare rule as they are too small for Barros, Calypsos become even more rare
>lower strike craft limit than normal, as the mighty Barros can only tolerate so many tiny ships
>cards dedicated to maximising broadside damage and getting broadside ships into the fight while keeping them alive
>>
File: 1490574070938.jpg (189KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1490574070938.jpg
189KB, 1200x1600px
>>52384759
>She looks familiar
>5000 hours in MS paint
>I'll probably make a cleaner one eventually
>>
>>52385019
>she
How dare you assume hyr gyndyr, shitlady
>>
>>52385075
>̼̖͇͉̭̝̹̖̙H͚͇͘͜ͅó̝̣ẉ̶̹͚ ̗̻̘̮d̴̷͎̜͝à̘̭̲̲͖͓͘͟ͅr̡͈̞̲ę͎͕̺̬͠ ̲̩̮͚y͔͈̻̬̝͕͞ͅo͕̼̦̰͖̤̞̳͉͟͟ú̷̷̻̥̲̼̳ͅ ̢̠̖̯͕̹͚̤̮̤a̷̵̝̮̺̖̺͔͕͓s͈̰̦͍ͅs̰̲̖u̟͕̳̕͡ḿ͉ẹ͎̩̩͍̗̣͇͞͞ ̧̳̥̹͘h̴̨̠̦̯ỵ̶̀͡r̢̮͎͉̙̻͍̙ ̡̛̩͖̗g̵̸̹̦͇͜y̸̳͎̯̹̦̙̩̞̗͡n̡͖͈͙͉ͅd̨̜̜̝̖y̴̛͙̘̹͡r̸͕̘͢,͕̥ ̹͍͎̮̯͜͢s̴͙͉̦̻̲̼̗̕h̹̙͉͈̻́͡i̥̠͓̫̣̬͕ţ̭͕̣l̗̭̤̰͉a̡̲̟͈̯ͅḓ̥̬͎̺̯͙y̪̘̳̝̦͜͠
>>
File: ConsiderTheFollowing.jpg (59KB, 433x754px) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderTheFollowing.jpg
59KB, 433x754px
>>52385075
>>52385358
Cease your shitposting, anon.
>>
>>52385436
A̙͡n̦o͇̜̠̠͈̺̩̕n̠̗̘̟͙̤̫ ̫i̝̠̫̙̝̺m̛͚p͖̥̪̖̘l̲̻̮͚i͉̪̕e̯̻̣̼̟s͖̯͠ ̘t̬̪͍̞̖̘̥her̫͓̭̘̬̞͟ͅe͙ ̠͓i̮s̺ ̫͎̞̩̠o͇̘̪͓̺͠n̜̭͕͕̭l̝̗͔͜y ̱o̢͉̬̦̞͉̞n̜̹̦̳̬e̮̘ ̫̲̖͇͓ͅp̨̰̯̬̠e̩͉͡ŕ̟̜̞͉̙̗̮s̼͍o̴̠n ͚͈r̦̠͎͡e̶̙̟̺̟̳̰sp͈̫͚o̲n̡̩͇̥̯s͉̠̟i̷̩b̼̳̜͔͖̥̥l̸̜͈̺͚̪e̳̠̤͚̝.̙ ̶͓͖̜͉I̻̦̬̼ ̻̤̞o̝̫̭̮̰͠n͖͍̪͕l͎͍̭ͅy͉̰̞̼ ̛̲̫͙̺̭͕̹r͕̺é̳̪͕̱s̥p͈̮̮͞o̱̦nd̷͖͔͇̘̘ ̢̲̟͕͕̯̥͇b̨̫͍͎̞̣̰̮ẹca͉̲̺̹̝̯ͅu̪̦͜s̩̫͎̝͙̙e̫̬ ̣̙t̨̘̖̗h͈͠ͅe̝ ͇̣̩c̟h̤͔̤̠͓̘͍͞i̤̜̜͍ld̷̫̦̩̙͇̼̮ ͉͓̥̣̝͕d̘͙̯̹o̟̳͍͉e̯͚̠̹͠s̙ ̲͉̥͜n̦̟̜̮̗̣͝o̺̠͝t̗͕̞ ̜͜k͓̠̜̭̺̰͙no͔w ̘̣̺͚̦̖͔h̡͓̞̳̼̗̞ow̢͎̼ͅ ͙͇͈̬͎t̵̹̗̞̭o͔ ̵̟̳̝̳r̘e͔̳̲͎̙̯s̙̞̱̮̟̳̀p̰o̟n̞͘d̛̥͇͈̠̙̣͕ ͙̬̜a̳͖͉̜f̩̤͎̦̭̬͡t͖̩e̥̤̥̜͍r̷̪͔̞̹̦̺͖wa̺̦͕͎r̵̳͉̮̙d̜̥̩ș̦͘.̙͇
>>
File: FUCKING XENOS.png (54KB, 408x375px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING XENOS.png
54KB, 408x375px
>>52385608
stop
>>
>>52385682
this is some rare stuff today, what precipitated this nonsense I wonder
>>
>>52386798
Shelteri fuckery, no doubt; time-shifted shitposting from all the way back during the first thread.
>>
>>52357930

I can't see improving on the Basilisk. It looks like what it does.
>>
>>52387025
>looks like horseshit
>is capable of some real horseshit
You're not wrong.
>>
>>52387025
I honestly don't like the elongated occulus eyes
>>
>wracking my brain to try and figure out how to fit three more Nickars into my list
>wait
>just make the Wyverns into Strixes
durr

hurr - 1249pts

+ Fleet Champion (40pts, 3AV)

SR10 Line battlegroup (220pts)
2 x Ifrit - 220pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (180pts)
2 x Strix - 180pts - M

1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L

2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L
>>
Working on my Scourge 1000 point list for a game against PHR. I have enough unbuilt kickstarter stuff to build pretty much any kind of ship I need but I want to build a list before I do anything else.

Here is what I have so far:
------------------------------------------------------

1006 points

Vanguard Battlegroup (SR 10)
-Basilisk (205pts) +Fleet Enslaver (20pts)

Line Battlegroup (SR 7)
-Chimera (105pts)
- 2x Gargoyle (64pts)

Line Battlegroup (SR 5)
- Ifrite (10pts)

Pathfinder Battlegroup (SR 6)
- x3 Djinn (129pts)
- x3 Djinn (129pts)

Pathfinder Battlegroup (SR 12)
- x2 Strix (180pts)
- x2 Gargoyle (64pts)
--------------------------------------------------------
Its a very close action oriented list as most of the games seem to involve objectives in the center of the table and the more scald shots I can put out the better.

Thoughts?
>>
>>52383699
Damn, those are looking nice.
>>
>>52387656
I'd strongly suggest making 6 Gargs. Chimeras aren't a substitute for a good strike carrier base, they're a supplement.

Hydras are really, really good. I'd recommend one.

All those Djinns will be stuck in the same group in game, which I'm assuming isn't what you want. All ships of the same class in the same battlegroup automatically combine into one big group, even if they're in different groups for the purposes of listbuilding.
>>
>>52387656
What >>52388593 said

At 999 points, I'd say that 4 gargoyles is enough, but since you added that 1 extra point and made it into a clash sized game (with all the extra clusters that entails), 6 strike carriers is now a necessity.

Really, only the PHR can get away with 4 strike carriers at low-point clash, simply because of how good their troopships are, since they can take two or even three of them without issue.
>>
>>52388719
I reckon UCM can just get away with it if they take a troopship. The lower sig and better armour of Sanfranchan along with Jakartas to fight off CAW packs and the UCM's generally superior counter-sniping abilities means she's less prone to dying early than a Chimera.
>>
>>52388895
Eh, only 4 SC's might be pushing it, but 5 nawlins and 1 sanfran would work pretty well at low-clash, I'd think.

By the way, has anyone played any battle sized games yet?
Any 3000 point games?

I'm curious as to whether the higher points necessitate taking more scoring-ships, despite the lack of additional objectives.
>>
File: IMG_20170327_243029913_HDR.jpg (1MB, 1728x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170327_243029913_HDR.jpg
1MB, 1728x973px
I'm not entirely sure what I made, but I like it. She'll need a name though, any suggestions?
>>
>>52389212
>Brisbane class destroyer; 65 points
>6" scan; 4" sig; 10" thrust; 6 hull; 4+ armor; 4 PD; 1-4; L; Aegis(6)
>UF-4200 Mass Driver Turret; 4+ lock; 2 attack; 2 damage; F/S(L)
>UF-4200 Mass Driver Turret; 4+ lock; 2 attack; 2 damage; F/S(R)
>Piranha Missile Turrets; 4+ lock; D6+4 attack; 1 damage; F/S(R); CAW
>>
>>52389212
Ah yes, the state-of-the-art Kowloon-class Heavlight Frigatuisestroyer.
>>
>>52389212
>>52389301
>Taikarta class superfrigate
>>
>>52389375
You mean the Taikartio.
>>
>>52389401
No, I mean the Dorito Loco
>>
>>52389301
I like it. Saving it for future reference.
>>
>>52389401
>io
>nor the Taikarlin
>>
>>52390379
Rio is the eldest cruiser sister.
>>
>>52389301
>>52389401
>UCMS Brisbane-class destroyer 'Taikartio', one of several ship lines being tested at present by the UCM Navy to be utilized as the basis for future destroyer hulls. Light, heavily armed for its size, and versatile, early results seem to show promise, the ship performing admirably while operating in pairs.
>>
>>52386941
>>
>>52388919
I would say so. Last 3000 point game I played (admittedly a 2v2) we went in with roughly double the normal number of troop capacity, and those poor fuckers were dying like guardsmen. Assassinating strike carriers is what won us the game effectively on turn three.
>>
>>52392032
If it's a 2v2, I would indeed imagine that it'd be double the normal troops. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any 1v1 3000 point experience.

UCM 3000 - 2980pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

SR30 Flag battlegroup (504pts)
1 x Beijing - 252pts - S
+ UCM Admiral (100pts, 5AV)
1 x Beijing - 252pts - S

SR22 Vanguard battlegroup (464pts)
1 x Perth - 195pts - H
1 x Perth - 195pts - H
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR22 Line battlegroup (470pts)
3 x New Cairo - 264pts - M
4 x Toulon - 140pts - L
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR20 Line battlegroup (474pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x Rio - 210pts - M

SR17 Line battlegroup (333pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
2 x Madrid - 158pts - M
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

SR9 Pathfinder battlegroup (239pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (396pts)
6 x Taipei - 234pts - L
3 x Jakarta - 96pts - L
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
>>
File: Double Big Broadsides.jpg (2MB, 3000x2778px) Image search: [Google]
Double Big Broadsides.jpg
2MB, 3000x2778px
Shipgirls so that the thread dies by this evening
>>
File: Superior Thigherpower.jpg (1MB, 2362x2188px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Thigherpower.jpg
1MB, 2362x2188px
>>
>>52388593
Hydras are some of the best fleet carriers but how useful are fleet assets? bombers have always underperformed for me with several different ways to avoid them (shaking off, point defense, and armor) they usually would be better substituted for ships that do better damage. Likewise there are very few times I use point defense weapons so fighters aren't really a priority also.

I can see how putting all my Djinn in one place is not efficient, how should I split them up or is there something better I should replace one other units with (like gargoyles)?

>>52388719
So would it be easier to replace the Chimera with two more gargoyles and something else? Is the Chimera necessary at such low point values?

This might make it easier to help, my opponents list usually consists of (not sure of the names):
-Battlecruiser (the one without the fleet carrier)
-2x troop carrier cruisers
-2x strike cruisers
-4 to 6x burnthrough frigates
-another cruiser usually switched out for playtest models.
>>
>>52394916
>Hydras are some of the best fleet carriers but how useful are fleet assets?

Do you play against PHR? You're going to want some way to keep a carrier-list from marking out your damage-dealers at some point- they do that.
>>
>>52394975
the guy I play against doesn't usually run carriers. Once he figures out what they can do that might change though.
>>
>>52387656
>>52394916
I'd say drop one group of djinn and replace them with nickar to hunt enemy strike carriers, move the djinn to work with the strix, the nickar stick with a group of gargoyles, and the chimera should become a hydra.
For that low a point value, the hydra will effectively neuter any launch assets the PHR bring, and if they aren't running bombers then your five bombers will stack appreciable damage on targets of opportunity. Go for the double tap by tagging a target in double thrust range, then closing to single thrust to get all ten bombers dropping at once. 20 dice on 3+ with scald will deal a respectable hurt on the PHR almost every time.

Something like this:
1k jellies - 1010pts
Scourge - 5 launch assets

SR13 Line battlegroup (309pts)
2 x Strix - 180pts - M
3 x Djinn - 129pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (140pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M

SR5 Line battlegroup (110pts)
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M

2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (96pts)
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
1 x Gargoyle - 32pts - L
>>
>The Thread has begun orbital decay, stabilize, stabilize! At our current rate of descent, we'll be hitting atmo in 4!
>>
>>52395392
seems reasonable, I'll give it a try
>>
Does anyone else feel like the launch asset system is lacking and far too arbitrary? For such an important part of the game, it feels extremely shallow and light, and I feel like it could have been much deeper and interesting without adding too much weight.
>>
>>52395593
How?
>>
>>52395627
Like, it feels even more like a shallow minigame than the ground combat does. Most prominently, fighters don't really feel like fighters. They feel like nothing more than mobile PD (which is all they are) that can cancel out enemy PD, rather than something that should be a major threat to enemy bombers.

Like, something as simple as giving fighters an "interceptor" value, some X+ roll to destroy an enemy bomber squadron, would make them a lot more interesting than Aegis Lasers with wings.
It'd also do a lot to help differentiate different factions; maybe the UCM fighters are mediocre when it comes to defending against CAW, but are absolutely amazing interceptors.

>but doesn't the PD roll already abstract that away
Yes, but I personally feel like it isn't enough.
>>
>>52395767

Fighters are a major threat to enemy bombers. Anon is PHR bomber-naught, fighters in any numbers shut you down cold.
>>
>>52396108
PHR/Shaltari fighters in any numbers shut you down cold*

Every UCM/Scourge fighter squadron adds, on average, 1 successful PD save to the defending ship. Every PHR bomber squadron will do, on average, 1 critical hit. You need at least two fighter squadrons to statistically negate the most dangerous part of the PHR bomber squadron.
>>
>>52396170

No, anon, you are incorrect in the things you say. UCM with their 3, it's the difference between a ship being crippled to a concentrated strike and that not happening- it's decisive. And scourge has the Hydra, anon.

Also, suck it up and put in the Jakarta already.
>>
Is it just for me that UCM battleships are not tough enough to employ?
>>
>>52396685
>No, anon, you are incorrect in the things you say.
No?

>UCM with their 3, it's the difference between a ship being crippled to a concentrated strike and that not happening- it's decisive.
Depends entirely on how many bombers the enemy is using against a given target, how many fighters you have, and the target in question. The point I was making is that fighters do not counter bombers in a 1:1 ratio, nor do they even begin to approach that ratio.

>And scourge has the Hydra, anon.
Yes, and the UCM have two Seattles. We're not talking about launch capacity, we're talking about the assets themselves.

>Also, suck it up and put in the Jakarta already.
I do! The Jakarta is amazing for what it does, but we're not talking about just the UCM!
>>
>>52397113
>Depends entirely on how many bombers the enemy is using against a given target, how many fighters you have, and the target in question. The point I was making is that fighters do not counter bombers in a 1:1 ratio, nor do they even begin to approach that ratio.

8 on a cruiser is the default and covers pretty much everything.

>I do! The Jakarta is amazing for what it does, but we're not talking about just the UCM!

The cost effectiveness of the Hydra's launch assets leave the UCM as the low-end case. Spackle with a Jakarta if you only have one ship with bays, done.
>>
>>52397246
Anon. We are not talking about ship PD effectiveness or the cost efficiency of varying carriers. We are talking about the efficiency of the launch assets themselves.
>>
>>52397364
>Anon. We are not talking about ship PD effectiveness or the cost efficiency of varying carriers. We are talking about the efficiency of the launch assets themselves.

Carrier efficiency is part of that. Where one faction doesn't have carrier efficiency, they've been provided with a PD frigate. Comprehend?
>>
New thread, commanders

>>52397822
>>52397822
>>52397822
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.