[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, any recommendations on games with really cool settings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 347649-dark-fantasy-picture.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
347649-dark-fantasy-picture.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /tg/, any recommendations on games with really cool settings? I'm interested in something that has a really distinct sense of place.
>>
>>52305387
>Talislanta
>The Incal or the Hermetic Garage
>The Night Land
>Empire of the Petal Throne
>Sky Realms of Jorune
>Tides of Numenera
>>
File: Druillet3.jpg (260KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Druillet3.jpg
260KB, 1024x768px
>>52305606
>>
>>52305606
Numenara I keep seeing the name recently, what is it?
>>
>>52307168
Monte Cook game. Takes place a million billion years in Earth's future where countless high-tech sci-fi empires have risen and fallen. Proceeds to do nothing interesting with that concept and instead makes generic fantasy game #3785.
>>
File: The Night Land.jpg (853KB, 1280x1628px) Image search: [Google]
The Night Land.jpg
853KB, 1280x1628px
>>52305606
I fucking love the nightland but I can't see it making a good TTRPG setting.
>>
>>52308726
???

Just with the map you posted you could go on 15 cool adventures.
>>
>>52305387
WFRP 2e
D&D Ravenloft
>>
>>52305387
Don't Rest Your Head.

Pretty goddamn cool, IMHO

The setting is that if you don't sleep for long enough, for whatever reason, you end up 'awakened'. Which means that you can see the Mad City, and the nightmares that live there. Something like a communal consciousness, except nightmares and dreams live there while people don't.

You're so tired. So goddamn tired. But once you're 'awakened', if you go back to sleep, your Nightmares will take you.
>>
>>52305387
Based on your picture, I think we'd have opposing definitions of cool settings
>>
File: 0iQEkb5n6fJKxsrUFjty.jpg (1MB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
0iQEkb5n6fJKxsrUFjty.jpg
1MB, 1728x1152px
The Dreamlands
>>
Cryptomancer's setting is so weird but I'd love to play a game in it.
>>
hey...bump
>>
>>52310676
>WFRP 2e
>D&D Ravenloft

Both of these are pretty classic.
>>
>>52307203

It does have some pretty slick game mechanics, though. I don't think it's ready yet but the generation of games it inspires are going to be badass.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.