[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In some sci-fi settings it's not uncommon for extended lifespans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: ___sf_wyv_37____by_wyv1-d8ljdkv.jpg (206KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
___sf_wyv_37____by_wyv1-d8ljdkv.jpg
206KB, 1024x1463px
In some sci-fi settings it's not uncommon for extended lifespans to be a thing via various means suchs as augmentations or full body prosthestics. That said, wouldn't it make sense to have characters who are greater that 50 years old or at least a full hundred + years old themselves?
>>
>>52294901
Yes?
>>
I thought characters like that were a commong thing in sci-fi.
>>
File: Xan Tsiun.png (3MB, 2680x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Xan Tsiun.png
3MB, 2680x1648px
>>52294901
It depends on the level of the life extension tech
If it is at a certain level hundred to thousand year old characters wouldn't be out of the question
>>
>>52294901

Well I imagine characters between 90 to 150 years old seems reasonable (being the top end I guess) granted this question can't really be answered without going int specifics.

I think in EP they show an example of a 100+ year old Hypercorp guy who's basically bored with living have some 18 spouces and lives in a neotenic body so at some point ennui or just being tired of living may cause some people to simply just not take the field anymore even if their bodies can handle it.
>>
File: 1478038586229.jpg (22KB, 612x401px) Image search: [Google]
1478038586229.jpg
22KB, 612x401px
>>52295237

>that pic
>that story

I only felt slightly weird fapping to the story at first.
>>
File: tumblr_m6e6p3jTCH1rrvq8ao1_500.jpg (114KB, 390x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6e6p3jTCH1rrvq8ao1_500.jpg
114KB, 390x750px
>>52295345
My fetish is to become an immortal post-human creature with a harem of ignorant baseline humans that worship me as something akin to a god

Which is why I did just that in White Wolf's Aberrant
>>
>>52295560

I've been working on a science-fantasy setting and that's part of how my Dragon Blooded (not to be confused with Exalt's Dragon Blooded) work.

Instead of becoming undead a group of humans found a way to modify their souls and essentially became Dragons. The method for doing this is lost and the only way to create more is breed with regular humans.

At the time of the game there is a kingdom of Dragon Blooded who rule the land sort of like Bretannia/King Arthur's Avalon where families can be elevated into being Dragon Blooded by mating/bearing the child of one with the goal of all future decendants being Dragon Blooded
>>
File: 0069-001.jpg (371KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0069-001.jpg
371KB, 1066x1600px
>>52296191
Sounds like it could be a hotbed of political intrigue as families vie for the opportunity to marry into power

Pic is someone the anatomy of someone who has modified their soul to become a devil
>>
>>52295049
the main character of the golden age trilogy is like 2000 years old

it's really good. nobody really ever talks about it. the author became a born again asshole though.
>>
>>52297008
The golden age was a solid trilogy. Most people didn't pass the rites of adulthood until their 60s. Count to a trillion is good too.

shame about Wright but that's what happens to people who can't into inductive logic. they get one wrong axiom by chance, and it's fundamentalism ever after.
>>
>>52296965

Indeed. The idea is that there is an entire religion devoted to the Dragons so part of the process is a matter of "purity" as well as having a great accomplishment that you are recognized for. So this pushes people to do seemingly whatever it takes to be recognized by the King who is also the head of the religion and if he(she) offically approves of you then the various Dragon Blooded families essentially bid to see who gets you so everything is mired in ritual and bureaucracy
>>
>>52294901
Yes. Especially since there's a good chance that we will eventually figure out how to stop cells from degrading when they divide, which could theoretically halt the aging process altogether.
>>
>>52297260
You sure this isn't exalted?
>>
>>52301140

God damnit, I'm not trying to copy Exalted Dragon Blooded but apparently I am. Fuck it I'm scraping the idea!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.