[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 491
Thread images: 46

File: animu fox warrior.png (1MB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
animu fox warrior.png
1MB, 900x1500px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Spheres of Might Edition
Spheres of Might playtest is finally here! It's actually backer-only for about a week but we already have links. Bite in and leave your feedback.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52283522
>>
I'm F/SN anon who is here again.

The game would be set during the 9th Holy Grail war occurring in 2021 in San Francisco.

I personally have run 6 other Holy Grail wars with the 1st and the 5th being backstory wars (I ran 2-4, added 5 as a backstory war, and ran 6-8). All the previous ones were for my in person group. Most often I would take Lancer as an NPC servant in order to facilitate a better Holy Grail War. Here is the previous list of servants.
>http://pastebin.com/riSZGjzE

Because all previous games were run for my in person group I never had to compile a list of lore. A lot of shit happened and we have a canon for the Fate/Last Path holy grail wars going back to 1802 in the game world. So it's probably gonna take me a while but I'm gonna have to compile a setting document of summaries of all the previous Holy Grail wars, what happened to various servants, the masters (surviving and no) and the changes to important organizations like The Clocktower and the church.

Right now I am here to answer any questions about the game's canon. It helps me organize my thoughts.

Also for the game's building here is how a servant will be built:
>level 12
>30 pb
>mythic 5
>only PoW except for caster who gets Spheres Casting
>you get a single 9th level maneuver as a Noble Phantasm, or a minor artifact built using specification I give you
>each class gets a set of extra skills in addition, like Magic Resistance, Presence Concealment, Battle Continuation, Mad Enhancement, etc. these will be in the document I'm compiling
>every player gets randomly assigned a 5th level Master PC I build
>you mostly control this Master except for a modified version of Hero points called Fate points, they do a few different things compared to Hero points
>you earn a Fate point every time I have your Master do something against what you want them to do or if you master sacrifices a Command Seal

I'm here to answer questions. Go at it.
>>
File: 1489878385061.jpg (127KB, 687x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489878385061.jpg
127KB, 687x800px
>>52290077
Stat me anons
>>
>>52290062
Does anybody know if Dynasties and Demagogues, from Atlus Games is in the trove? I'm trying to find myself a copy of it. I heard it's a good read if you want to do better at running nobility and intrigue in a campaign.
>>
>>52290077
If we come up with a hero that isn't on the list, can we roll with it anyways?

also, why is St. George in two lists? Is he riding the dragon? (Also, Ascalon was a sword, wasn't it? wouldn't he be better in Saber?)
>>
>>52290135

Ask WotR's GM
>>
>>52290148
Why WotR? Am I missing something?
>>
Who do you want to see get into PLD?
>>
>>52290271
Falafel, Rory, Onryou and Doug
>>
>>52290271
Nobody I want it to be a bamboozle
>>
>>52290141
>If we come up with a hero that isn't on the list, can we roll with it anyways?
Yeah of course. I'm just providing ones for previous wars.

>also, why is St. George in two lists? Is he riding the dragon? (Also, Ascalon was a sword, wasn't it? wouldn't he be better in Saber?)
He was summoned once as Lancer and once as Rider. He actually won the 7th war and it directly impacted his participation in the 8th. You are correct he is riding a dragon in the 8th.

>>52290135
???
>>
>>52290256

Literal actual "hippity hoppity get off my property" frog hobo got its head beaten in and its stash of worms eaten by Lorelei last session.
>>
>>52290077
Is it just full initiators, or can you play stuff like Rubato, Knight Disciple, Ambush Hunter, etc?
Any nerfs to Broken Blade and Primal Fury to keep from someone geeking fights with stuff like Ruby Zenith Strike?
>>
>>52290135

Grippli gunslinger, obviously.
>>
File: hon2.png (531KB, 1893x1101px) Image search: [Google]
hon2.png
531KB, 1893x1101px
>>52290135
Grippli Gunsli-- fuck. >>52290338 beat me to it
>>
>>52290328

I love how quirky WotR is shaping up to be, it's absolutely epic!
>>
Why do people shit on Core-only Pathfinder? I don't want it for balance, I want it because I am sick of everyone bringing a freakshow character to my table.

When the campaign started only one person was playing a core book class (sorcerer) and before I nixed half a dozen races, only one person was playing a core book race. It's like everyone tries so goddamn hard to be different, most of them have literally never played a core class. Like they use absolutely nothing from the players handbook.

Now I recently killed off one of the broken builds after he used it as an excuse to act like a full retard and ran into a monster he couldn't kill, and I made the rule "Paizo content only" but he still managed to build some weird fucktarded thing.

Core only is not for balance, it's so I can actually be somewhat familiar with the mechanics your character is using. Now I have to read up on some other class that a player used to make people's heads explode with at-will telekinesis because the devs thought that having a 5th level spell as an at-will at 1st level was somehow a good idea.
>>
>>52290346

>hon2
>Not "Je suis la reine du sein."

Actually, for anyone that speaks frog, how do you say "I am the tits" like Louis XIV declared "I am the state."
>>
>>52290391
Work on your bait
>>
>>52290391
Move to 5e, PF isn't for you.
>>
>>52290359
Well, for what it's worth, I meant it when I said I thought your app was cute.

And Vult could always pick some back-up players in case someone has to leave the game for whatever reason.
>>
>>52290329
>Is it just full initiators, or can you play stuff like Rubato, Knight Disciple, Ambush Hunter, etc?
I would approve them if they had no spellcasting. I may approve Rider and Assassin to be partial casting initiating classes. Stuff like the Myrmidon would get the ok.

>Any nerfs to Broken Blade and Primal Fury to keep from someone geeking fights with stuff like Ruby Zenith Strike?
Never had to do this because it was my in person group. Likely if someone was hyper focusing into problem maneuvers I'd just not accept their character. Problem maneuvers are a known thing and don't make up the whole discipline.

For Broken Blade I would probably force you to be using unarmed however and not let weapon adaptation work for it.

For the other bits I'd just watch out for someone obviously trying to hyper optimize a single overpowered maneuver and just not accept their application.
>>
>>52290409
It's not bait, though. I've been playing 3.5 for longer than you've been into gaming at all, most likely. I like Pathfinder almost as much as 3.5 but that's mostly a tone thing, although there are a couple Pathfinder mechanics I despise, and they are basically the same game anyway so it doesn't matter.

>>52290416
I have played 5e with another group but I just cannot get into it the same way I could with 3.5. I ran about a dozen sessions of my own homebrew campaign and while I like the balanced numbers a bit, I hate the multiclass restriction, lack of feats, over-focus on class features, and just about everything else.
>>
>>52290391
>with at-will telekinesis because the devs thought that having a 5th level spell as an at-will at 1st level was somehow a good idea.
It sounds like you're retarded and the players are merely exploiting the fact that you can't read.
>>
>>52290461
it is bait
>>
>>52290391
Races, I can understand. But none of the Pathfinder classes are really excessively bizarre or obscure.

There's no fucking virtue in playing something that's core. Pretty much any info you want on a class is available on the SRD which is easily accessible. "I don't know the mechanics" isn't a good excuse unless they're trying to introduce an entirely new subsystem(Hint: no Paizo class does this bar maybe the Kineticist).
>>
>>52290460
Neat. And playtest stuff? Unquiet Grave, Chimera Soul, Fool's Errand?
>>
File: bullshit.png (262KB, 911x1152px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
262KB, 911x1152px
>>52290392
Direct translation might just be "Je suis les seins". As far as I'm poorly educated, the academics for the French language dissuade the use of slang or most bastardization to try and keep it traditionally pure. So they don't really have a word for tits I don't think; there is mésange, but I'm sure that's in reference to the bird, not part of the female anatomy.

But what do I know? I'm just some yank living on a dirt clod.
>>
>>52290481
> It sounds like you're retarded and the players are merely exploiting the fact that you can't read.

Well I probably am, that's why I am finally reading the class. But here's the thing: this guy is making me do extra work. It's not enough that I put time and effort into preparing for the 3 different campaigns I am running for this group (only one is Pathfinder), but now I have to run around and read class material from six different sourcebooks? Thank god for PFSRD, but also fuck it's existence in the ass, because if it wasn't there they would be stuck playing a core class like a normal goddamn person.

>>52290504
>(Hint: no Paizo class does this bar maybe the Kineticist).

ding ding ding!

Yeah I am reading it right now. It's not so much that it's complicated so much as I just am sick to death of reading new mechanics for this group.

Apparently she's been using telekinetic haul to burst open doors and pick locks and what not. i am sure there is some kind of line of sight rule but honestly this player has made like 3 different characters in different games that use telekinesis to break everything so I feel like it's just going to be an uphill battle arguing over it. Also they are pissed at me for spending 2 hours last session on a single character who constantly runs off from the group, shouting at me that I am "soft" and "have no balls" for not killing him for his stupid shit, even though he ended up dying from running into a huge ambush I had set up for the whole party to deal with.
>>
>>52290392
Ribbit Ribbit Ribbit
>>
>>52290569
>Kineticist causing problems

ahahahahahahaahaha
>>
>>52290554
For the most part I'm fine with them. I hate some of Fool's Errand's themes and mechanics but wouldn't ban it.
>>
>>52290582
>When using basic telekinesis, you can move an object that weighs up to 100 pounds per kineticist level you possess. When using your telekinetic blast, you can throw an object weighing up to 100 pounds per kineticist level you possess, but this doesn’t increase the damage. If you accept 1 point of burn, the maximum weight increases to 1,000 pounds per kineticist level you possess and the duration increases to 1 minute per kineticist level you possess.

This was used to exert 400 to 4000 pounds of force on every locked door in the temple and destroy them.
>>
>>52290604
>HE IS BEING CHEESED BY A KINETICIST

I'm fucking dying.

Someone is giving up on Pathfinder because out of all things, they're getting raped by a kineticist

this is the funniest shit.
>>
>>52290569
If you're not willing to do the work then don't DM, or tell them that you're not using Kineticist. If you're having trouble with stuff like fucking Slayer, Witch, and Warpriest then consider another game.
>>
>>52290486
You have no argument for my post is "bait" and your definition of bait is probably entirely subjective. If you mean "meant to cause an argument" I disagree, I am meaning to start a discussion. If that is a problem for you and you just want to circlejerk about cute monstergirls then you can do that but don't get pissed at me for actually talking about the system.
>>
>>52290604
What, no one was pissed about the broken doors?
>>
>>52290569
>there they would be stuck playing a core class like a normal goddamn person.
If you feel like there is virtue in playing "muh core only" play 5e. Seriously.

But your problem doesn't seem to be the mechanics, it seems to be playing with a fuck ass. Don't play with people that force you to pour over the fucking book like that in the first place.
>>
>>52290623
>kineticist is ruining my game

its gotta be bait.
>>
>>52290604
A. I'm like 80% sure you can't use telekinesis like that, even if it is a logical application

B. How is anyworse than a wizard casting knock

C. How is this disruptive in any way? Like okay, the party can open doors well, but violently. Say good bye to any element of surprise. If your narrative is derailed by someone being able to get passed a door, I've got bad news.
>>
>>52290571

Fun fact, we have Ancient Greek onamonapia for the sound a toad makes, taken from an Ancient Greek play.

It's "Brekekeke Coax Coax."
>>
>>52290569
I bet you force players to use core rogue and fighter and think that's perfectly fine
>>
File: 1362424974345.gif (333KB, 477x320px) Image search: [Google]
1362424974345.gif
333KB, 477x320px
>>52290271
Gonna say Bon-Bon needs to get in, she's best girl. Cashmere too, she's also good girl and together the two of them can be cute together when they have to cry over how terrible the world really is. Third PC is Keli, Amelli, or Gloriana. Fourth PC is either a nice boy like Lysander, Lusicus, or Drummond for the other three PCs to all fall for bonus points if he turns out to be gay and none of them can win his heart OR Maice if the third PC is Gloriana.
>>
>>52290669

But keli dropped.
>>
>>52290621
>If you're not willing to do the work then don't DM

Kill yourself. I highly doubt you've ever run a game in your life if you think like that.

No, for once I actually prepared material for an entire city. Not quantum-ogre type stuff, no I actually made interesting and consistent NPCs for the whole place. Then I came up with a plotline which I repeatedly tailored to their actions to make it as suspenseful and cinematic as possible. The players are enjoying the campaign. Don't fucking tell me to do more work when I've done more work than anyone else in my group. I am the one who gets shit for other players' actions that I don't even control, I get blamed for other party members being retarded. Don't give me that shit faggot. The DM is not obligated to read your fucktarded homebrew bullshit character, got it?

> or tell them that you're not using Kineticist.

Well that was my mistake. But to be fair I had no idea what this class even did. Mostly because I was too busy trying to stop another player from playing an actual dragon, and dealing with butthurt when I didn't allow stupid homebrews.

But yeah now I have restricted the campaign to paizo-only and now I am seriously considering going core-only.

>>52290663
Now THIS is bait.
>>
>>52290689
>Now THIS is bait.
>you say you think core only is fine
>someone points at the two shittiest classes in core
>bait

it's only adding to what you put out, senpai
>>
>>52290077
Hmm. I think I've got a Berserker in mind. when are you going top open up applications and stuff?
>>
>>52290684
He restored his app. He's still in. Just, hesitant.
>>
>>52290669
I hope I get in. I like the setting. I don't even care if the other three characters are also guys.
>>
>>52290647
>A. I'm like 80% sure you can't use telekinesis like that, even if it is a logical application

I didn't see anything denying it. It is part of why I hate telekinesis entirely in RPGs. I just hate it. Because you have the reasonable player who just uses it to move big stuff and slam people in combat, then the guy who tries to use it to extract peoples' lungs and reshape reality to his will. Then you end up in these stupid fucking metaphysical discussions for half an hour.

> B. How is anyworse than a wizard casting knock

Look up how many 2nd level spell slots a 4th level wizard gets. Also you still have to make the caster level check. This person didn't have to do anything.

> If your narrative is derailed by someone being able to get passed a door, I've got bad news.

It wasn't derailed, it was just a challenge that was instantly nixed by a dumb-ass ability that is normally a 5th level spell.
>>
>>52290684
Just Amelli or Gloriana, then. It still works.
>>
>>52290702
I have to compile a setting booklet with summaries of the previous wars, surviving masters, changes to the Nasuverse, etc. So it may be a while because that means digging through old bits of notes and consulting with my in person group for stuff I don't remember.
>>
File: visible autism.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
visible autism.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>52290718
>I have to compile a setting booklet with summaries of the previous wars, surviving masters, changes to the Nasuverse, etc.
>>
>>52290625
I did read 5e

>>52290624
They were but the guy was invisible so it didn't matter. Having them instantly cast see invisibility seemed too much like fuckhead DM so they didn't until a few minutes later. After which time he had disabled all the traps with telekinesis and similar shit.
>>
>>52290689
>The DM is not obligated to read your fucktarded homebrew bullshit character, got it?
>But to be fair I had no idea what this class even did.
So you have a few options here. You could
a) Read the class and allow it.
b) Read the class and ban it.
c) Don't read the class and ban it.

But instead you chose to not read the class and allow it. Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>52290716
>who tries to use it to extract peoples' lungs and reshape reality to his will.
Yeah, this doesn't work because that's a creature.
>I don't see anything denying it
The door is attached to the temple, which is presumably weighs weigh more than what the kineticist can hope to lift.
>>
>>52290718
>compile that monster list
Alright anon, see you in five years.
>>
>>52290739
>Hmmm something is tearing out all the doors in the temple
>some kind of strange force with no discernible source
>like it's invisible or something
The more you post the more it sounds like you and your players deserve each other.
>>
>>52290749
>Yeah, this doesn't work because that's a creature.

That's what I finally told him when he floated the idea. That you can't use it on living matter.

> The door is attached to the temple, which is presumably weighs weigh more than what the kineticist can hope to lift.

But he's only trying to lift the door. Which weighs less than 5000 pounds. And, while attached to the temple by hinges, it is a separate object.
>>
File: 02 - q0bATj6.png (154KB, 254x334px) Image search: [Google]
02 - q0bATj6.png
154KB, 254x334px
>>52290724
You're playing where there has been 8 wars in a canon different than base Nasuverse. It'd be disingenuous to let you build without that info. Especially if I decide to let players build their masters to.

>>52290751
>Alright anon, see you in five years.
Give me three tops.
>>
>>52290782
>Give me three tops.
You got four.
>>
>>52290779
>And, while attached to the temple by hinges
And it's going to stay on the hinges. There's also the lock. The ability says nothing about ripping an object away from another object.
>>
>>52290716
This person has dedicated their entire class to being able to use telekinesis and likely has to almost kill themselves to do anything too fancy because of burn. Kneticist is broken, but in the "it's hot steaming overcomplicated garbage" fashion. Their abusing it to do things it CANNOT ACTUALLY DO has nothing to do with the class and everything to do with the player.

>but a wizard has limited spell slots
A wizard can also prepare whatever the fuck he wants in those slots.

Your problems can literally be solved by sitting the player down, telling them to stop being a fuckass, and have them EXPLAIN WHAT THEY CAN DO. If a player comes to you and wants to use something, they should be WILLING TO PRODUCE EVERYTHING THEY WANT TO USE, WITH SOURCES, for you to go over and okay. Going over a class page and a few feats/talents takes like, 10 minutes tops.
>>
>>52290774
Not only does casting the spell take a few seconds, it also took a few seconds for them to get to the door, figure out exactly what had happened, et cetera.

I mean, I am trying to make it believable. The element of surprise should exist to some extent. I mean if you genuinely think I should not give a shit about that and just powergame the NPCs to shut this shit down, that's a legitimate viewpoint and not one I disagree with entirely.
>>
>>52290806
>EXPLAIN WHAT THEY CAN DO.
The issue is that he doesn't want to do that because he doesn't want to read. The player should know how their abilities work and the DM should be able to trust them not to lie about it.
>>
>>52290817
No it doesn't. One round is 6 seconds. It should take 6 seconds to realize something tore this door off it's hinges violently and there is no trace of it. It's safe to assume it might be invisible.
>>
File: Chapter_628.png (3MB, 1600x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_628.png
3MB, 1600x1154px
>character concepts your GM would never let you play but are fine in established media
>Hard Mode: concept is actually doable in Pathfinder, including DSP and Jolly 3pp
>Dante Must Die Mode: concept must be possible with only 1pp

Pic related, none of these would get in if your GM didn't know One Piece, and maybe not even then.
>>
I need an item that allows me to take 10 or 20 on any one roll per day. Any items that can help?
>>
>>52290782
Would you mind if I figured out my character build right now, since i have the build stuff already?

Anywhere I can send it to you once it's done?
>>
>>52290869
Not yet I'm around though so I'll post some info eventually.
>>
>>52290847
I dunno, a bard/swashbuckler Skeleton would be pretty funny.
>>
>>52290866
One item that comes to mind is the Cyclops Helm which, as an immediate action, can make any 1 d20 roll a nat 20 once per day.
>>
File: 1357875693766.png (65KB, 181x172px) Image search: [Google]
1357875693766.png
65KB, 181x172px
>>52290062
>tfw lost my job a few months ago because lay offs
>tfw trying to find new employment but apparently nobody will hire me, not even the dozens of retail stores in my area, much less the actual competitive jobs in my field

I want to run a campaign for my friends but if I need to find a job. The problem isn't about time, I can easily manage job searching and running a campaign simultaneously. The problem is that I don't want to put down all the time and effort into starting a game only to have to euthanize it when I get a job because the hours conflict.

All of this shit is really starting to weigh on me mentally, too.
>>
>>52290887
DID SOMEONE SAY A BARD/SWASHBUCKLER SKELETON?

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1150615
I just finished working on this yesterday morning.
>>
>>52290847
A man who dual wields pistol sword canes. He needs to be a tiefling with TWF and Ranged feats. I think I can make him work with Trench Fighter
>>
Can a skeleton wield its detached arm as a one-handed weapon in the other hand? Would that logically extend its reach?
>>
>>52290062
I would literally murder someone for a chance to play a gestalt Scholar/Technician. I just don't have anybody in my area that does Pathfinder that's either open to playtest material or willing to do gestalt stuff, much less both of those.
>>
>>52290282
Literally the only team that matters. We've got DPS, ranged, divine stuff, and a LITERAL GOD
>>
File: deathofprotoman.jpg (230KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
deathofprotoman.jpg
230KB, 800x533px
Alright how the fuck do magic weapons work. The stock 'magic weapon' is just a +1 enhancement to attack and damage. So where and how do the special abilities come into play? some cost extra as per the Srd, which I understand, great sure but most just say '+1 bonus' under additional cost. Does this mean in order to get the ability i need to get rid of the enhancement bonus? what the fuck does this mean
>>
>>52290904

Hi there! Retail is dying. What you're watching around you is end-stage capitalism eating itself and devolving into a series of mandatory cons, rent-seeking, and protection rackets. Get credentials in finance, insurance, or on the bleeding edge of tech. Or sharpen your pitchfork tines and wait for la guillotine to sing her reaping song.
>>
>>52290806
> kill themselves to do anything too fancy
> can move 400 pounds around at will

Abusable in so many ways.

> Their abusing it to do things it CANNOT ACTUALLY DO

But the developers can't add two sentences to the ability to state its limitations a bit more clearly? I posted the exact text above and I will post it again:

> When using basic telekinesis, you can move an object that weighs up to 100 pounds per kineticist level you possess. When using your telekinetic blast, you can throw an object weighing up to 100 pounds per kineticist level you possess, but this doesn’t increase the damage. If you accept 1 point of burn, the maximum weight increases to 1,000 pounds per kineticist level you possess and the duration increases to 1 minute per kineticist level you possess.

It doesn't say anything about "it can't be used to break shit" or what constitutes an object, or anything like that. In fact it really is just a stupid fucking ability in general.

> A wizard can also prepare whatever the fuck he wants in those slots.

I meant per day. The kineticist can break down doors all day with this (maybe). A wizard can do 2 to 3 knocks a day if he doesn't want to do glitterdust or web or something actually good.

> Kneticist is broken, but in the "it's hot steaming overcomplicated garbage" fashion.

Yes I agree. I am reading through the entire class right now and I don't think I've ever read a class section as long as this one.

Also I fully admit I started this campaign in a somewhat retarded way but that's because I said "yeah I'll run pathfinder for you" and immediately was bombarded with a catfolk swashbuckler, a pseudodragon, a homebrew race, a half-vampire, then two normal characters (half elf ranger and someone else I honestly forget).

So by the time I had told them, no, no you cannot play that ("but why not?") because that shit doesn't exist in the setting ("well can you add it?") no ("okay") and by that time I was already exhausted.
>>
File: WizardTeachesCrafting.png (140KB, 1306x770px) Image search: [Google]
WizardTeachesCrafting.png
140KB, 1306x770px
>>52290932
No, it means you figure out the total +x value of a weapon and then compare it to the table to see the price of that weapon. They can get as high as +10, but only +5 of that can be actual enhancement bonus. The rest has to be weapon properties like flaming or keen.
>>
>>52290932
Basically, your +1 keen longsword is worth as much as a +2 longsword. Your +2 Holy Longsword is worth as much as a +3 keen longsword, a +1 holy keen longsword, or as a +4 longsword.
Does this help?
>>
>>52290978
>>52290964
Thanks, this makes a bit more sense.
>>
>>52290932
Magic Weapons have a max total enchantment of +10, and a max numerical enchantment of +5. So, for example, a +5 Vorpal weapon can exist (which is a +10 total enchantment), but a +6 Flaming can't. It's DM call on if you can have a +4 Vorpal Flaming weapon, I don't think there's a hard rule about non-numerical bonuses (besides the +10 overall).

However, in order to have a non-numerical bonus on a weapon, it must first have a +1 enhancement on it. So you can't have a Flaming Longsword, but you *can* have a +1 Flaming Longsword. AoMFs can bypass this rule, as stated in their item description.
>>
>remember that some 3pp group did a conversion of monk archetypes to UMonk
>can't find it in the trove

fug, could have sworn people were talking about it like it was in there
>>
>>52290847
What the hell is the skeleton guy's power? It's not too hard or expensive to find a morally gray city with someone who will cat create undead on you to make you a Skeletal Champion without retaining total control over you.
>>
>>52290962
>he literally used the ALL DAY meme as a "valid" argument

Alright, here's the problem faggot. You're using tired, cliche'd bait and assume that we're stupid enough to not argue against you and just call bait. But here's where you're wrong, in that we WILL point out, exactly and with evidence, that you're a fucking retard.
The Kineticist and the Swashbuckler are TERRIBLE classes. A kineticist is a one-trick pony that can barely do what he's meant to do without literally shooting himself in the foot to do it (using Burn), and the swashbuckler is quite possibly the weakest PF class in existence that isn't an NPC class; it's a mess of mechanics, its only good save is the worst one, the action economy it needs is at-odds with everything else it has (deeds that take multiple move or swift actions so they're competing against each other), and it bends over backwards to make the worst possible combat style into... wait, no, it still doesn't make it good, it's still trash.

Now, you COULD be telling the truth and not just baiting. In which case, you're just fucking retarded and are under the mistaken belief of "new = too hard to learn". You're also an entitled little bitch that believes he doesn't need to know the rules, only his players do, and then gets mad when his players use said rules. It's NOT going to kill you to read an extra 5 pages for a class like Brawler and go "yep, seems fine to me". You're stupid enough to believe that if you need to learn something new that you didn't know before, then CLEARLY it's busted and shitty.

The only thing busted and shitty is your brain.
>>
File: Mushroom Punch.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Mushroom Punch.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>52290924
>Going scholar/technician
>Not going Striker/Technician

Scholar is ass.
>>
>>52290847
Chopper is just an alchemist. Maybe vivisectionist.
>>
>>52290831
Probably true. I mean the guards aren't hugely used to magical attacks (or any) so I figured they would be caught at least a bit off guard. By that time they were charging off into the lower tunnels.

Now that I think back I think part of my issue was the way of entering the doors (outright blasting them off with people nearby) seemed so stupid I think I actually held back a bit on purpose because I didn't want the character to die instantly from bombardments of hold person.
>>
>>52291072
Haven't read Striker yet... is it a nerdy bookworm focused on alchemy, Intelligence, and being prepared for any situation with a comically oversized pack of knick-knacks?
>>
>>52291044
Honestly I'm just assuming any GM I pitched "skeleton swashbuckler bard with a tragic backstory and an afro" to would write it off as too silly.
>>
>>52290392
It's more like, "I am the Queen of -the- breat"

The closest that French would have to tits would probably be 'nichon', but that's more in France. Where I live, in filthy Québec we would say 'boules' (which I think they may also say in France) which literally translates into 'balls', which is funny if you think about it.

So, if you want to say "L'État, c'est moi" just like Louis XIV has, you would say something along the lines of, "Les nichons, c'est moi."

t. native speaker

>>52290565
Someone doesn't know French ironic meme rap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWGbMUsLug
>>
>>52291109
Every serious party needs one silly character. Be the comic relief.
>>
>>52291044
His power in the show was the ability to come back from death once (he also gets some soul-based powers later on but that's the primary ability) His soul got lost, though, and he didn't find his body again until it was already super decomposed.
>>
Good day, /tg/. I have two unrelated questions.

> [1] "practical"
I want to cast Summon Monster spells as a standard action, while playing as a Witch or Shaman. Or use ability, similar to Summon Monster spell with that two classes. Anyway, it's standard action that's matter.

Are there any ways to do this without multiclassing?

>----------------------

> [2] "just curiosity"
For the purpose of emulating (to a reasonable extend) Alice from the McGee games in PF what class(-es) and build would you use?
>>
>>52291075
>"Hey, so here's this special power thing you got thanks to eating the reindeer fruit-"
>"No, my character started OUT as a reindeer and ate the human fruit, did you not read my sheet?"
>"Oh, okay. Anyway, you only have like three forms with this thing."
>"About that, I actually have seven now."
>"What."
>"I made a drug that lets me have four more forms. I also get a forbidden uncontrollable eighth one if I take more than one jawbreaker at a time."
>"This is what I get for letting you join during the Christmas special."
>>
>>52290847
Isn't Sanji pretty much just a brawler, actually? He's too rough and tumble for pure monk, but his only real power is Kick Good.
>>
>>52290565
litteral translation would be "Les seins, c'est moi" (since the original translates as "The State, that is me"), but you lose the rhyme. And there is no synonym that keeps the metre or the rhyme. To stay clever, I would some code-switching, as in "Les tits, c'est moi".

/pfg/ - free lessons in french.
>>
>>52291148
I forgot to mention - no 3pp, please
>>
>>52291149
You gotta earn that stuff during the game, man. Those characters are level 18, minimum.
>>
>>52290911
>>52291158
I also made a Sanji: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047768
>>
File: 1450458182018.png (83KB, 392x267px) Image search: [Google]
1450458182018.png
83KB, 392x267px
>>52290669

>mfw my name isn't mentioned

O-Oh, okay.
>>
>>52290962
>oh boy I can't wait to dedicate my ENTIRE CLASS to this one thing
Oh no, he sawed off his legs, but DAMN he's overpowered because he still has his hands! Kineticist is hot, broken, underpowered garbage who has been shafted by people like you who bought into the "ALL DAY" meme.

>m-muh limited spells per day
Scrolls and wands say hello, they are here to cover all the minor, non-CL-based utility spells the wizard needs. If you're seriously telling me you've got enough mandatory resource drain doors (or preventing people from having time to make/buy a bunch of cheap utility items) that a guy's single gimmick is capable of throwing shit out of order you've got bigger problems.

>lumping a catfolk swashbuckler in as being anywhere near the level of bullshit of a homebrewed race and a faggot trying to use a template
Anon I...
>>
>>52291149
>>52291170
>What is a Metamorph Alchemist
>>
I hope Maice and Gloriana both get into PLD. Lesbian noblility is the best.
>>
File: '[pko.png (247KB, 1051x701px) Image search: [Google]
'[pko.png
247KB, 1051x701px
>>52291129
>>52291168

Man my knowledge on other languages is pathetically sparse at best, but this has been educational!
>>
>>52291065
> You're also an entitled little bitch that believes he doesn't need to know the rules, only his players do, and then gets mad when his players use said rules.

Nah, they are the entitled little bitches who think that, in addition to running the entire rest of the game, the DM should also be the one to police their class choices and learn the rules, instead of THEM being responsible for reading and learning the classes THEY CHOSE.

The way you are talking about it, I should be reading these classes like the entire game is meant to be a rules lawyer debate.

My mistake was not just banning anything non-core right off the bat.

> A kineticist is a one-trick pony that can barely do what he's meant to do without literally shooting himself in the foot to do it (using Burn),

Define your parameters here. What is the kineticist "meant to do" in your opinion? Also the class doesn't exactly seem like a melee frontliner so losing a couple points to augment his abilities doesn't seem like a dealbreaker, especially for a class that seems to have high Con in most cases.

The swashbuckler somehow pulled some sort of high-DC Goad clone out of his ass that forced everything to do nothing but melee him and his 24 AC, so that fucked any chance of doing a straight-up combat encounter with anything but mindless vermin and zombies. Pretty sure he misread those rules too, but to be honest, I do not have time to be checking every single fucking character for errors. The only thing that pisses me off about you, is that you think it is the DM's job to do fucking everything. Why am I the goddamn scapegoat when I am less than 25% of the group?
>>
>>52291019
Honestly, what breaks when you just say fuck it you can enhance special properties without a +1 enhancement first?
>>
>>52291158
>kick so good he can pseudo-fly
>kick so good he swims at speeds most fish can't manage
>spin around to add fire damage to his kick
>add umpteen d6's of fire damage by remembering that time he got stuck on an island of transvestites
>secretly the third of four princes and was supposed to be a genetically engineered super-general and/or assassin

Actually, come to think of it, all of those are probably just extra buffs and a backstory extension the GM gave him when he started falling behind in combat and plot material.
>>
>>52290077
>those character creation rules
Looks like fucking high powered /pfg/ pandering fucking bullshit.
>>
>>52291098
It isn't but looking at Scholar, it's a wonderful idea for a class but it doesn't have enough shit to justify being half bab, d6, with few combat talents.
>>
>>52291232
>Steelfist Commando with Fool's Errand and a minor focus in Elemental Flux

Done.
>>
>>52291242
To be fair, THAT'S Fate/Stay Night and an approximate of the Servants' power level
>>
Should peasants be serfs?
>>
>>52291214
lol ur a lazy fuck who cant read rules
>>
>>52291242
>F/SN based
>high powered

Well, uh, duh.
>>
>>52291204
I don't like this pairing, feels like you're wasting the potential on both characters. Gotta get mileage out of Maice's possessiveness and Gloriana's bimboness.
>>
>>52291232
What are you kidding? Those are just Unchained Monk powers flavored right, why do you think I did those classes in the sheet above?
>>
>>52290077

Do we have to play historical memes or could we make internet memes.
>>
>>52291200
>Kineticist is hot, broken, underpowered garbage who has been shafted by people like you who bought into the "ALL DAY" meme.

Then explain how it is broken. Just because it is not a tier-1 class does not mean it is broken.

Write out something detailed, or link to something detailed I can read. Because I have heard this 30 times before now, and while I agree the class is not particularly good, you are going way too far.

> If you're seriously telling me you've got enough mandatory resource drain doors (or preventing people from having time to make/buy a bunch of cheap utility items) that a guy's single gimmick is capable of throwing shit out of order you've got bigger problems.

Except that costs money. 4th level character has 6000 gp and that wand is going to cost at least 4500. You are telling me a character is going to spend his ENTIRE wealth on a wand of knock? You're theorycrafting and not thinking realistically.
And catfolk don't exist in the setting because I am sick of furry bullshit.
>>
>>52290077
>you play your own Master

You should do like some of the White Wolf games do, and have each player also play the Master of one of the *other* PCs.
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (322KB, 900x1432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
322KB, 900x1432px
>>52290354
What does /pfg/ want to see happen in WotR in future sessions?
>>
>>52291287

I thought White Wolf would have serious issues with someone being called another person's "master," considering the racist connotations of the term.
>>
>>52291280
>he doesn't craft his own scrolls for fucking peanuts
>>
>>52291242
Servants aren't going to be level one bumfuck rusty dagger shanktown bitches, you know.
>>
>>52291303
Lucius/Rath.
>>
>>52291267
I can read rules, I just don't want to be a fucking babysitter for players who can't be reasonable and not abuse their character's abilities. The division of labor is being hugely skewed here. If my job is to learn all the mechanics for all the characters, IN ADDITION to actually preparing a campaign with real content I'm not just pulling out of my ass, then the most efficient solution is to ban everything that isn't core. Mathematically the best use of my time.

Or, you know, these people could just stop doing stupid shit.
>>
>>52291303
A TPK
>>
>>52291275
>Do we have to play historical memes or could we make internet memes.
What would be an example of an internet meme?

>>52291242
It's high powered mostly to try and approximate F/SN heroic spirits. I have run it before as level 15 without mythic ranks, but am deciding on lower level but with mythic. You come out to around the same CR but have some more interesting tricks around.

>>52291287
It's an interesting idea, one I haven't tried before. I would be wary of doing that with /pfg/ since it is PvP and could only see them trying to fuck each other over as much as possible.
>>
>>52291303

I want to see Deskari use evil demon penguins of D000M against the party, who fly and have laser eyes because Numeria is right next door.
>>
>>52291331

>What would be an example of an internet meme

The Legend.

Half-giant ZS Warder with Black Seraph.
>>
>>52291303
>remember this pic
>the memories are all coming back

Make the pain end.
>>
>>52291280
>Wand of Knock
>Not having the bloodrager/barbarian slice the door in half/kick it down
>Not having a rogue/investigator/whatever disable device the lock
wat.
>>
>>52291306
...what, do you somehow think that White Wolf made a F/SN game?

I'm talking about several different game lines where groups are encouraged to have a different player control some relevant NPC or complicating aspect of their power.
>>
>>52291313
Headpats have already happened.
>>
>>52291280
Tl;Dr version the kineticist has to use so much burn to face someone in a fair fight that a single hit will take them down, and the damage output is less than a full attacking archer.
>>
>>52290077
So, if you've done this whole shebang with a set group eight times, why aren't you doing the ninth with them?
>>
>>52291330
w-why
>>
What can you pick with a tiefling's prehensile tail?
>>
>>52291348
>The Legend.
I'm sorry I don't know who you're talking about.
>>
>>52291348
"Dude, I keep trying to fight in this Holy Grail War thing but this one Serbanto keeps kicking my ass..."
>>
>>52291355
What memories are these? About the harlot sweet paladin, or something else?
>>
>>52291129
In France, boules means balls in every way. So if you're talking of a girl's boules, it's means there's a surprise.
If you want to talk of breasts that way there, you'd say "ballons"

Nomenclature time:
>Bille : Hard, small diameter ball
>Boule : Medium/heavy ball, used with the body
>Balle : Inflated or elastic small/medium diameter ball, often used with a tool
>Ballon : Ball with diameter >10cm. Inflated and used with the body
tl;dr: People of France like big breasts.
>>
>>52291355

Bimbo Paladin was fun, though.

>>52291385

Giantdad.
>>
>>52291307
That's a few scrolls, versus 50 charges in a wand. Also needs to spend money to buy the scroll in the first place to learn the spell (unless knock is somehow THE essential 2nd level spell that everyone takes, which i don't think it is) then learn it then carry around a shitton of scrolls. Hopefully he has a high strength, or is dumping half his character wealth into a bag of holding or wasting spell slots on a rope trick or tensers floating disk.

>>52291356
They don't have a rogue. Or a barbarian. And again why the hell would they spend 4000 gp on a wand of knock? Even the scrolls thing posted above assumes a very smart party which plans ahead. Which, I would not have minded. But the issue here is that one player just waltzed in and fucked up a door, no roll no nothing. Even knock requires a caster level check so there is usually a small chance of failing.
>>
>>52290077
Does Spheres of Power or Path of War even work well with Mythic?

And one 9th level maneuver as a Noble Phantasm seems to be meh as most disciplines only have a single 9th level maneuver afaik.

Aside that it seems pretty cool.
>>
How do I make the Ultimate Heel for Celestial Tournament? I'm thinking half-giant Brutal Slayer 2/OD/ZS 5, a big angry fucker with a greataxe who just annihilates people, but I'm trying to think if there's anything even more dickish.
>>
>>52291378
I'm a sick, bitter man and I want to see people suffer

And no I didn't even apply to raunchy
>>
File: Prinny Angels.jpg (125KB, 850x654px) Image search: [Google]
Prinny Angels.jpg
125KB, 850x654px
>>52291333
DID SOMEONE SAY EVIL PENGUINS?
>>
What are the social differences between a medieval and a renaissance setting?
>>
>>52291348
>not titan fighter for the Bass Cannon
>>
>>52291406

>French people like big breasts

The French have been memeing about provincial girls with huge knockers since the 1880s and probably even earlier (Joan of Arc was supposedly busty.)
>>
>>52291184
If it makes you feel any better, remember that I'm not the one picking. Vult's tastes are probably different than mine, and I'm not even looking at things like party roles and builds. Just which party has the most bulliable girls that can talk about cute boys, and also possibly having a paladin and antipaladin together to hate fug.
>>
>>52291214
>doesn't know what his players are using
>never asks players to put together anything that explains what the fuck they're using
>never takes the 5 minutes to look over those lists
>is mad when he doesn't know what the PCs are doing

We're not telling you to memorize entire sourcebooks, we're telling you sit down and talk talk to your faggot players and at least have a vague idea of what's going on. They should be willing to put in the work to know the rules as well, because "knowing how this shit works" is kind of a requirement of the goddamn system.

>>52291280
>>52291413
>but that costs money!
>but he needs to carry them!
>but half his wealth on a handy haversack!
And the wizard has Scribe Scroll, a burning need to fill in his spellbook, and not much mandatory shit to use his gold on. Your point is?
>>
>>52291333
>Penguins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmx0jml1jk
>>
>>52291375
>Tl;Dr version the kineticist has to use so much burn to face someone in a fair fight that a single hit will take them down,

No, don't give me the TLDR version, I want the full breakdown here. Other than shit base attack and not being a caster, there's really nothing wrong.

> and the damage output is less than a full attacking archer.

Probably true, but an archer can run out of arrows, and without her bow she is fucked. The kineticist can just throw chunks of masonry out of the wall, or bricks, since they are "objects" apparently.
>>
>>52291434
The latter has much stronger central (royal) authorities, but at the same time much stronger cities and merchant classes.
>>
>>52291434
It's mainly in the move from small towns, farms, and maybe a city here or there, to a more centralized, city focused population.
>>
>>52291413
> Hopefully he has a high strength,
Scrolls don't way that much and did you miss the part where they cost peanuts. You don't have to match all 50 charges. 2-3 will see you just fucking fine.

The issue is that you don't seem to understand the way Pathfinder works and magic in the system fundamentally changes how defenses should be set up and tactics people should plan around.
>>
>>52291434

Renaissance Setting is like Medieval only with an emphasis on mercenaries, growing monarchies and technological/social advancement.
>>
>>52291434
Most medieval settings are actually Renaissance themed, I feel.
>>
>>52291408
Oh then no. It would not make sense for him to be on The Throne of Heroes, even with my relaxed rules.

>>52291377
Did it with them six times, two are backstory wars. Decided to try something new.
>>
>>52291459

Wouldn't that be Enlightenment?

God, whose dick do I have to suck to get a setting built around the 17th century religious wars?
>>
>>52291456
>A L L
>D A Y

this meme is great, I bet you'd look at Warlock Vigilante and scream that "MYSTIC BOLTS HAVE TO BE SHIT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T RUN OUT!"
Or be that faggot who bans vigilante because "superheroes and alternate identity mechanics are dumb", even though that's not even the reason people like the class
>>
>>52291333

https://youtu.be/I8nM2pLw4TQ?t=117
>>
>>52291488

They're pretty dumb, though.
>>
>character has access to 11 disciplines
Why do I do this?
>>
>>52291413
>Hopefully he has a high strength, or is dumping half his character wealth into a bag of holding or wasting spell slots on a rope trick or tensers floating disk.
Nigga, how much do you think scrolls weigh? They're rolls of paper.

>>52291418
>Does Spheres of Power or Path of War even work well with Mythic?
Would be my first time running it with mythic, so we'll find out together. I'm sure it'll be fine. The only problem may be Caster and how mythic powers that effect spells interact with spheres.

>And one 9th level maneuver as a Noble Phantasm seems to be meh as most disciplines only have a single 9th level maneuver afaik.
The 9th level maneuver would be from any discipline to give people variety to choose from. However you're right that the list isn't super huge.
>>
>>52291456
>Probably true, but an archer can run out of arrows
Arrows are so cheap and light that anyone who uses them has effectively an infinite amount. You are not going to run out of 50 durable arrows bar a dickass somebody steals ALL your stuff.
>without her bow she's fucked
Yes, classes are fucked when you take away their tools. That's not a point of balance for shit like monk and kineticist. It's a very, very low level benefit that stops being relevant very quickly.
>The kineticist can just throw chunks of masonry out of the wall, or bricks, since they are "objects" apparently.
No they can not. You're claiming a class is unbalanced because your letting some guy do what ever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>52291498
Because you're a dumbass.
>>
File: Grump.jpg (48KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Grump.jpg
48KB, 500x333px
>>52291456
Hi there, I'm N. Jolly, author of a LARGE amount of kineticist content. Let me give my take on the kineticist:

The class, while working all day, only does so-so, and the fact that burn works the way it does on a d8 class inhibits it, even with elemental overflow and such.

The class itself is rather limited in what it can do due to a lack of talents (remedied with 3p obv) as well as base mechanics which hinder it's ability to contribute. While it's 'all day', it can only do unique things a limited number of times per day.

There's a lot of inherent issues with the class which I've sought to fix myself, including a total revamp of it in the Legendary Kineticist. Really, all day is rarely a great selling point because if you're the only one who can fight all day while your party can't, you stop when they're tapped. Sure, if you get ambushed, it's pretty nice, but that's a rarity rather than the standard.
>>
>>52291488
>"superheroes and alternate identity mechanics are dumb", even though that's not even the reason people like the class
So power gamers then. It is perfectly fucking reasonable to ban the vigilante or mandate that they take the exposed archetype if you don't feel like that shit will fit the campaign.
>>
>>52291200
Seem idiots like you are why people think that something as weak appearing as a kineticist or a swashbuckler can't be perfectly suited to a specific style of campaign and utterly destroy it.

In a pirates campacing, the swashbuckler is a fuckign nightmare to fight. Sure, all of his abilities seem to compete for a swift action and he has the worst choice opf saves.......until he's in the rigging, using his swift action to give himself a bonus to get to where he wants to be, then the next round he gets someone with their own knife and lets them drop to the deck after using slight of hand to steal their knife and then getting a crit because he crits with any piercing weapon because he automatically gets improved crit with any piercing weapon he picks up and gets dex to damage with it as well. Then he uses his next swift action to avoid being paralyzed because he can reroll a fort save (yes, charmed life actually serves a purpose), and uses two move actions to get to the crows nest. there, he kills thew poor bastard and now he has height advantage on everyone he aims his pistol at because he's above them. He also doesn't worry about the fall checks any other martial would have had to worry about, because those are all reflex saves. Which, by the way, the daring champion cavalier would die to, in addition to failing to keep his challenges to keep his damage up because he's used up his 4 a day just getting to the rigging.

Sure, they suck in most campaigns, but in the ones they're designed for, they're pretty damn good in comparison to other classes in the same situation.

The sheer number of games, play styles, and systems make it impossible for one class to be be totally useless in every scenario. Not that there is no truth to your complaints, but your ignorance of the possibility you might be wrong in a given situation - say a kineticist using his powers to bypass troubles other character classes would have issues with - is a travesty of reasoning.
>>
>>52291451
>We're not telling you to memorize entire sourcebooks, we're telling you sit down and talk talk to your faggot players and at least have a vague idea of what's going on.

I did have a vague idea of what was going on at 1st level. This shit started recently.

> They should be willing to put in the work to know the rules as well, because "knowing how this shit works" is kind of a requirement of the goddamn system.

Well I admit that that was a mistake. But a much easier solution is to just ban the fucking splats except for feats because I am sick to death of "know the system" meaning read a thousand splatbooks.

>>52291488
This isn't even an argument. And you moron I am not talking about being able to dish out constant damage, I am talking about being able to lose your weapons, and also the fact that the class can replicate a 5th level spell at low levels and use it at will.

And you can scream "one trick pony" all you want, or blame my encounter design, but the simple fact of the matter is, if a 3rd level character could use fucking cloudkill or circle of death at will, you would call that broken, too. Even if that was the only thing he could do.

But no, you'll continue spouting memes and strawmen because you're butthurt some obscure class combo got banned in your last campaign and you are copy-pasting your old DM's face over mine in your head.
>>
>>52291541
>liking social talents means you're a power gamer
y tho
>>
>>52291224
It makes it more difficult for your characters to actually hit and damage their opponents if you don't. A keen long-sword that doesn't hit isn't getting any use out of the keen ability.
>>
>>52291485
From the 500s up to the 1800s or so is a steady progression of increasingly centralized power. Nation-states in the modern sense really starting kicking in in Europe in the Renaissance, though.
>>
File: p;hioj.png (192KB, 987x702px) Image search: [Google]
p;hioj.png
192KB, 987x702px
>>52291439
>>52291406
..Huhh. So I guess it seems Elsbeth being a bit of a tiddy monster only plays into the joke. Not intended, but there it is I guess.

Also:
>Remember rolling up Elsbeth's Birthday randomly
>Decide to do some brief reading on the month she's born on
>The very day right after Elsbeth's birthday is fucking Baker's Night
As evidenced with my laughable commentary about the French language earlier this thread, I'm obviously not clever enough to make this shit up.
>>
>>52291560
I can't tell if you're trolling. Everything you described can be done by a fighter, but better.
>>
>>52291534
the Jolly is correct
>>
>>52291562
Except you don't.

The statements you made in this thread indicate that you do not understand Pathfinder to any manageable degree and even if you ban splats players are going to run roughshod all over your shit if they have half a brain.
>>
>>52291497
Yea, but they're easy as fuck to ignore or just use as something else. Worst case scenario it's just an alternate identity used to gather information in plain sight of the bad guys that's dumped by the wayside for 90% of the game.

>>52291541
>so power gamers
>liking the vigilante's talent system makes you a power gamer
>thinking that banning the vigilante because it has a tacked on identity gimmick is stupid makes you a power gamer

well fucking stick some batteries up my ass and call me fully charged, then
>>
>>52291577
>a bit

I'd pay for porn.
>>
What animal, monster of fantasy creatures would recommend as the emblem of a large family of long-lived tieflings?
>>
>>52291597
It does since you're complaining about not using MOAR POWERFUl rogue replacement when Unchained and Slayer both exist.

That being said, I'd just force people to use the Exposed Archetype, not outright ban it.
>>
>>52291611
Cockatrice

What variety of tieflings?
>>
>>52291611
>entire family of tieflings
Suicide.
>>
>>52291611
Tieflings with the right mutations could pretty easily pass as being descendants of half-dragons.
>>
>>52291516
>Nigga, how much do you think scrolls weigh? They're rolls of paper.

> To protect it from wrinkling or tearing, a scroll is rolled up from both ends to form a double cylinder. (This also helps the user unroll the scroll quickly.) The scroll is placed in a tube of ivory, jade, leather, metal, or wood. Most scroll cases are inscribed with magic symbols which often identify the owner or the spells stored on the scrolls inside. The symbols sometimes hide magic traps.

That would have to weigh at least 1 pound.

>>52291517
>Yes, classes are fucked when you take away their tools. That's not a point of balance for shit like monk and kineticist. It's a very, very low level benefit that stops being relevant very quickly.

(1) I am talking about low levels here, and (2) there is nothing stopping you taking away an archers bow at higher levels.

> No they can not.

Show me where in the rules it says he cannot pull open the doors as I talked about above. Or the bricks, for that matter. They are "objects" after all. I meant it as hyperbole but the rules are so goddamn vague I can't think of why they wouldn't be.

And to be fair this is like 75% a player issue but the rules sure aren't helping here.

>>52291534
>While it's 'all day', it can only do unique things a limited number of times per day.

1000 pounds versus 100 pounds is that unique? d8 hit die is nothing compared to having high Con. I've seen wizards have more hit points than fighters when the latter had shit Con and the former had good Con. Each point of Con bonus bumps you up a hit die, effectively.
>>
>>52291579
>bad reflex saves
>climbing in the rigging
>using slight of hand with all of their 2 skill points per level
>bad will saves are okay for someone who can't get bonuses to them
>good fort saves will save you from bad reflex saves
>automatically getting improved crit with any weapon you also get your bonus damage with
Not really.
>>
>>52291593
>The statements you made in this thread indicate that you do not understand Pathfinder to any manageable degree and even if you ban splats players are going to run roughshod all over your shit if they have half a brain.

Lol. No they aren't.

Running a kineticist and abusing it like he is doing doesn't require a single shred of brainpower.
>>
File: baps1.png (153KB, 987x647px) Image search: [Google]
baps1.png
153KB, 987x647px
>>52291598
I bet you would.
http://i.imgur.com/GzagsKr.png
>>
>SoM playtest that everyone was waiting for is finally here
>no one is talking about it
>PLD shitposting instead
kill me
>>
>>52291645
>That would have to weigh at least 1 pound.
You realize you can fit more than one scroll in a case right? Scrolls don't have to be individually packaged.
>>
File: Boo.jpg (99KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Boo.jpg
99KB, 500x281px
>>52291645
>Arguing with the guy who literally made the kineticist playable
>>
File: WhatIsThis01.png (162KB, 668x460px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIsThis01.png
162KB, 668x460px
>>52291623
>MOAR POWERFUL rogue replacement
>when it has a billion potential things it can do besides "be a more well rounded rogue"

I like the class because it has potential to DO THINGS that actually matter. Avenger is cool, its casting archetypes are cool, Wildsoul is cool, even fucking AGATHIAL is cool. If I just wanted to be a "moar powerful rogue" I'd play a goddamn Vivesectionist Alchemist, Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor, or Slayer.

And Unchained Rogue still has its own gimmicks that set it apart, albeit more focused gimmicks that are less user-friendly.
>>
>>52291645
>there is nothing stopping you taking away an archers bow at higher levels.
Aside from all those tacics and back up weapons players have yes.

"Durr hurr I take away your tools or durr hurr you no need tool" is a poor fucking balancing point.
>says he cannot pull open the doors as I talked about above. Or the bricks,
Common fucking sense. A brick placed into a wall isn't just "a brick" any more. It's part of an entire fucking wall. Same goes for a door on it's hinges.
>>
>>52291630

More or less common tieflings with few alternate racial traits here and there. Long-lived more years to spawn more bastards.
>>
>>52291681
>You realize you can fit more than one scroll in a case right? Scrolls don't have to be individually packaged.

So that's an extra full round action spent fumbling with multiple scrolls in one case. Sure. I guess that works if you are not using them in a combat situation.
>>
>>52291691
So if you want to play one so fucking badly, tell your GM about the Exposed Archetype.
>>
>>52291701
Who are your tieflings descended from? What outsider variety do they trace their lineage to?
>>
>>52291696
>It's part of an entire fucking wall. Same goes for a door on it's hinges.

So if I staple a sheet of parchment to a table, it can no longer be lifted by the kineticist? It is capable of lifting a thousand pounds and exerting that much force, yet it can be stopped by a single rusty door hinge?

Explain please.
>>
>>52291712
Yes. That's what scrolls are fucking for.
>>
>>52291712
Or you know, you could just use a handy haversack like anyone with a brain does.

Yeah if I don't want to individually package every scroll it takes extra time to get them out. Not like I'm wasting scrolls on combat anyway.
>>
>>52291516
Also, what the fact that servants are unequal?

Some Servants should probably be stronger than the average ones, per example Hercules would probably be afforded really high strength even if not berserker. Though maybe skills could help with that

The same also applies to Noble Phantasm, as some servants have very strong ones while others might be me-ish. Compare Gae Bolg to Rule Breaker per example, Gae bolg is very useful while being comparatively(to one like Excalibur) cheap while Rule Breaker is only situationally useful.
>>
>>52291747
>>52291738
So now that the XP cost is gone, scrolls are even more broken than they were in 3.5?
>>
Kek vult told some normie off in his roll20 forum because he asked if ERP is optional.

Apparently you can't fade to black in rapegame.

I wonder if you'll get kicked out if you're not in the mood to play a rape scene when he's horny
>>
>>52291732
>, it can no longer be lifted by the kineticist?
Yes, unless he can lift the entire table.
> It is capable of lifting a thousand pounds and exerting that much force
It mentions lifting and throwing. Nothing about exerting or pushing force. You're letting an ability be way more versatile than the rules allow.
>>
>>52291753
what about* the fact that servants are unequal?
I fail at this
>>
File: another_day_at_the_grove.jpg (67KB, 419x575px) Image search: [Google]
another_day_at_the_grove.jpg
67KB, 419x575px
How binding was the concord the Gods settled up with about Rovagug?

For instance if one the the Gods sent two Solars to slay a group who were distracted trying to battle one of the spawn of the Rough Beast would that have broken the pact?
>>
>>52291732
Then it is a piece of paper and a table. A wall is a wall. Another example is a wagon. A wagon contains many things but they form together a wagon, a single object.

A portrait is made of many objects together but it is a portrait.

If you can't figure this out you got brain problems.
>>
>>52291688
I'm just asking why he and everyone else seem to think burn is such a big deal when HP is mostly irrelevant for a class that I assume is meant to be taking the blaster role.
>>
>>52291718
I don't have to worry about that shit because my GM is not in fact a moron, I simply stated that "the identity mechanic is not a good reason to ban the class" and you jumped on my ass for it.
>>
>>52291732
>Explain please.

Magic.
>>
>>52291761
Look out, it's learning.
>>
>>52291776
What concord...? He's locked inside the planet, there was no concord.
>>
>>52291719

Is there any kind of demon or fiend associated with the cold endless steppes?
>>
>>52291778
Alright ignore the brick thing, that was a stretch and obvious bullshit. But a wall and a door is a wall and a door. They are separate. Likewise what is stopping you from moving a wheel off of a wagon? Would you have an issue with someone removing a wagon wheel with this? Say there was nothing stopping him from pulling it off the axle: the cap on the end had been removed. Is it suddenly a separate object now?

So the spell exerts no force whatsoever? Then how is it moving the object?
>>
>>52291814
The Grey Wastes so Daemons. There are cold theme'd daemons too.
>>
File: 1489776882896.png (939KB, 1015x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1489776882896.png
939KB, 1015x1553px
Alright /pfg/ what characters are most likely to get into puella?
>>
>>52291818
>Then how is it moving the object?
Magic. This is an RPG. Rules do not need to make logical sense. Spear fishing does not work RAW. You can't even push someone down a set of stair by RAW.
>>
>>52291776
Sarenrae opened the Pit of Gormuz in the first place. If that didn't break it, nothing will.
>>
>>52291782
Because he has more knowledge and experience with the class than anyone.

Also burn is terrible and not fun.
>>
>>52291832

The ones with struck out "ignore my story and rape me" notes.
>>
File: 1449217074255.jpg (15KB, 338x402px) Image search: [Google]
1449217074255.jpg
15KB, 338x402px
>>52291832
The threadly question.
Who could have seen this discussion coming.
>>
>>52291818
Again, use your judgement as a sane GM and stop acting like a retard.
>>
>>52291876

We will not stop until Vult deletes his game and leaves the discord
>>
>>52291844
Well then I have a question: do you allow drown-healing? No one uses RAW, they use a mix of RAW and interpretation. The issue is the developers should recognize this and write their rules a bit more clearly. Because now it is up to me to look like the bad guy and say "no you cannot do this with your ability."
>>
>>52291832
I'm still having trouble figuring out what kind of game it is. I'm not convinced it's at all the rapefest /pfg/ makes it out to be, but it's still definitely a fetish game and I'm getting mixed messages on how hard it's leaning in any direction.
>>
>>52291832
Just fuck off with your shitgame, /pfg/ doesn't want anything to do with it. Want to talk about characters? You've got a roll20 forum and discord for that. Fuck. I'd rather people talk about Corwin's baby dick than this shit.
>>
>>52291809
IIRC there was something about making sure he never got out, which would by nature not allow assisting his spawn. I could have misread and they never agreed to anything and just worked together that one time.
>>
>>52291753
>Also, what the fact that servants are unequal?
I did away with that because it doesn't make for a fun PvP game. Servants are different but roughly equal, some being more situational than others.

>The same also applies to Noble Phantasm, as some servants have very strong ones while others might be me-ish. Compare Gae Bolg to Rule Breaker per example, Gae bolg is very useful while being comparatively(to one like Excalibur) cheap while Rule Breaker is only situationally useful.
For the most part I got rid of Noble Phantasms like Rule Breaker. The minor artifact building rules have a cost system I have used before where you have to spend Fate points to get certain ones to work. The bigger the cost the better they are.
>>
>>52291894

Go look where he tells a guy in the forum that if he doesn't wanna get raped, he can get lost.
>>
>>52291886
I don't care if we talk about the funny acronym game, but having the same conversation over and over each thread is just getting stale.
>>
>>52291894
He has literally said that anyone who doesn't want to get raped isn't getting in.

I mean, he's the GM so more power to him for running the game he wants, doesn't mean I'm applying.
>>
>>52291884
I am not baiting here, I am serious. What constitutes an "object"? If the spell is capable of lifting 4000 pounds of discrete material but couldn't even be used to open a non-restricted door and apparently exerts no force whatsoever.... WTF? So they can lock all the doors in the dungeon with toothpicks?
>>
>>52291912
Got a link for the lazy?
>>
>>52291672

Needs more GREENED.
>>
>>52291934
>I am not baiting here, I am serious.
Then you're a retard.
>>
>>52291947
Elsbeth needs to def take orc cock once in her life. She wouldn't be an elf if she didn't.
>>
File: 1418234572637.jpg (52KB, 926x490px) Image search: [Google]
1418234572637.jpg
52KB, 926x490px
>>52291148
>>52291169
Up?

First question is more important
>>
I want to see more WWW applications!
>>
>>52291909
So what HGW Class would Bruce Lee be?
>>
>>52291975
No.
>>
>>52291983
Unarmed combat is really only something Assassin and Berserker do.
>>
>>52291996
You spelled "yes" wrong
>>
>>52291983
>>52292009
And Bruce is too refined for Berserker.
>>
What are your favorite background skills, /pfg/?
>>
>>52292031

Knowledge (Nature) and Appraise.
>>
>>52291960
So you are not able to answer my questions? RAW makes absolutely zero sense. The ability is exerting force. Why does moving an object preclude being able to move things out of its way? Not to mention it can throw the lifted object for damage. Yet if a toothpick is in the way it suddenly stops moving?

They created an ability with vague wording open to interpretation and abuse. Either explain how a door is not an object, and then explain how scotch tape can resist an ability able to exert 1000 pounds of force, or admit that the ability is shittily worded and not only is the class shitty in power it's utility is entirely related to how much of an anime-infused jack-ass the player is.
>>
>>52291263
Peasants should seize the means of production.
>>
>>52292041
Nature isn't a background skill.
>>
>>52292031
It should be "Lore (rape-themed erp games)" for /pfg/
>>
>>52292031
A Knowledge and a Profession or Perform skill that are appropriate to the character.
>>
>>52292031
Profession (Cook). I'm just constantly on the look out for opportunities to play Dungeon Meshi.
>>
>>52291909
Shouldn't Exalted be a better system for F/SN?
I think it might fit the mythic heroes that Servant are better than Pathfinder

And Charms are easy to homebrew, so it can give quite a few options.
>>
>>52292051

I wish you'd remain a background skill and SHUT UP.
>>
>>52292104
Rude.
>>
>>52292042
>>52291960
Look I have work to get done sadly but I will bookmark my comment so I will read your reply. Probably won't actually ban Core but kineticist does appear to be such shit I won't allow it anymore after this character dies.
>>
Ssalarn really shows his classy, passive-aggressive way of handling feedback, doesn't he? He didn't even grace a comment about YET ANOTHER swap making Charisma even more obsolete with simple "that's not a problem because X". At least Jolly cares.

Yes, that's 2hu, but it's not like Ssalarn couldn't just say "your feedback is not welcomed" instead of being passive-aggressive and just shutting down all discussion.
>>
>>52292090
I tried it for one of the holy grail wars didn't particularly like it.
>>
File: irefuse.png (127KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
irefuse.png
127KB, 300x427px
>>52292104
>>
File: UUZogcs.png (17KB, 700x366px) Image search: [Google]
UUZogcs.png
17KB, 700x366px
>>52292129
Forgot about actual screencap.
>>
>>52291976
Sleep first. Application later.
>>
>>52292129
who're all this fags and why should we care about them?
>>
>>52291975
Isn't there a feat that let you speed up the summon with a Fortitude throw?
>>
>>52292129
What swap?
>>
>>52292129

Yeah but we're just seeing the surface here.

Via leaked posts that 2hu has compiled in a spergy rage.

I am not one to believe that 2hu did nothing wrong. I've seen this behavior before.
>>
What's the proper way to deal with the evil count and his family?
>>
I know there is a half-orc racial trait for being particularly human like, is there one for being particularly orc like?
>>
>>52292121

Would you rather I said you're easy, freely available, and everyone's dumped a few numbers in you without thinking about it?
>>
>>52292145
Can't disguise be used to hide your voice or dress up objects and people as something else?
>>
>>52292145
>you can use stealth in place of disguise
Muh dick
>>
>>52292174

Get his daughter pregnant with a half-orc baby and turn his son gay.

Victory lap is fucking his wife and making her get a divorce. Be sure to have points in Barrister.
>>
>>52291148
>>52292154
Found, Acadamae Graduate. It's from Curse of the Crimson Throne. But it's for wizard, so ask your GM.
>>
>>52292177
Yes, orc atavism. It's really, really bad though.
>>
>>52292149
This is that spheres of might playtest, you know, the one in the OP that people have been waiting weeks for.
>>
>>52292145
>Stealth to change your appearance in SoM
>Con to Knowledge in the Avowed
Fucking why have our 3PP saviors abandoned us?
>>
>>52292149
Ssalarn is a dev on SoM. 2hu is a longtime poster who's usually /technically/ correct about things, but unable to conceal his Autism Level.

>>52292159
It's possible for both Ssalarn and 2hu to be round.
>>
Have your PCs ever accidentally caused a massive civil war?
>>
File: 1441049200709.jpg (94KB, 489x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441049200709.jpg
94KB, 489x500px
>>52292205
>>52292154
Yep, found it too. But thanks anyway

>>52292177
Do you mean Orc Atavism trait?
>>
>>52292129
Jolly's really the only hero left, gonna have to start raising my hands into the air to give him my energy so he can spirit bomb this fucking project.
>>
>>52292234
>round
wrong*
>>
>>52292239

I wish.
>>
>>52292239
Don't they all?
>>
>>52292239
>accidentally
>>
File: IByCaze.png (29KB, 658x440px) Image search: [Google]
IByCaze.png
29KB, 658x440px
>>52292145
Another piece of feedback shut down without any explanation. And that's apparently more or less how Ssalarn handled Akasha playtest.
>>
>>52292245
You don't think Forrest can save the Avowed?
>>
>>52292218
>>52292242
So as an Orc taking that and Brute, which calls you out as being larger/more hulking than the average Orc would you say being above the normal Orc height limit might be ok. Planned on being 7'4"-6"
>>
>>52292229
>>Con to Knowledge in the Avowed

Wait what the fuck? Really?
>>
>>52292229

>Literally thinking with your tits/dick
>>
>>52292229
>3pp saviors
Do you remember what Paizo was?
A 3pp savior.
You either die a homebrew or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
>>
>>52292348
I have faith in Jolly to stay a hero, he proclaimed himself as one, and I trust he's doing his best. Just look at his comments on the doc; he sounds like he's trying.
>>
>>52292362
Jolly is a hero, Ssalarn is a despot, Forrest is a fading hope.

What is DHB?
>>
>>52292348
What about DHB?
>>
>>52292348
>>52292362
So after Jolly has abandoned us, who do we have left to turn to? Ertw? DHB?
>>
>>52292229
>Con to Knowledge
How do you?

How do you even explain that?
>>52292285
The Avowed as is needs to be fucking scrapped and turned to something with both a more narrow thematic and narrative focus instead of trying to be fucking everything in terms of both mechanics and thematics.

That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>52292384
>>52292388
>>52292394
/pfg/ games have already soiled DHB for us.
>>
>>52292398
I EAT THE KNOWLEDGE UNTIL IT BECOMES A PART OF ME
>>
>>52292388
>>52292384
An background character that somehow became a meme.
>>
>>52292398
MY MAGIC IS IN THE BLOOD, IT FLOWS THROUGH ME, IT SPEAKS TO ME, IT IS A PART OF ME.
>>
>>52292398
I mean mechanical and thematic focus. Fuck.
>>
>>52291890
Welcome to being a gm

Some times you Need to look like the bad guy if you think something is being done wrong, or is fucking up the game.
>>
>>52292394
>Ertw
Who?
>>
Should characters come up with their own coat of arms or inherit one?
>>
>>52292436
That would make more sense for charisma though.
>>
>>52292398
THIS BODY AND THE ANCESTRAL KNOWLEDGE WITHIN IT HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!
>>
>>52292398
>How do you even explain that?
Genetic Memory.

Or maybe just genetic memery.
>>
>>52292415
>>52292422
Punished Venom DHB, a Homebrewer Denied His Games.
>>
>pfg complains about anime and the lack of men that aren't fuccbois

>Look at HR
>Look at Dragons
>Look at Dragons 2
>Look at PLD
>Look at FotJR
>Look at WotR

Hmm
>>
>>52292031
Linguistics
>>
>>52292480
whaddya reckon
>>
>>52292462
"Muh SAD tho"

fucking monkey's paw
>>
>>52292398
>>Con to Knowledge
>How do you?
>How do you even explain that?

By going with your gut, anon.
>>
>>52292459
Erstwhile, the guy who made the PF Beguiler.
>>
>>52292480
I'm stupid please tell me what your findings were
>>
>>52292470
You're not a sorcerer your an avowed. So that still doesn't make sense.
>>52292480
It's almost like /pfg/ is a mass of 100~ individuals all with different tastes. And given that many of those people are in the same games/friend group, I wouldn't be surprised that they share similar tastes.
>>
>>52292415
Why though? Did it corrupt him or was he already like this?

What is a man?
>>
>>52292320
>>52292398
The other Avowed dev even came here asking for our best ideas on how to justify this nonsensical mechanical concept.
>>
File: 1376387025120.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1376387025120.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>mfw Barroom Sphere
god damn how do they manage to make the Jackie Chan sphere boring?

Also where's all the piratey stuff?
>>
>>52292280
Scholar looked like it could be something, but now into the trash it goes.
>>
>>52292510
What did people say beyond jokes?

I must've missed it, but /pfg/ has been extra toxic these past few weeks so I skim a lot of stuff now.
>>
>>52292485
>>52292495

I'm reckoning that the people who say anime is shit and they're tired of fuccbois are the same type of people like women who say "where have all the good men gone" when they're always dating assholes.
>>
>>52292539
Nobody had anything to say beyond the expected:
That's retarded
>>
>>52292542
So what, the issue here is that /pfg/ is complaining about too many anime fuccbois when a lot of apps are anime fuccbois or something? I mean they wouldn't be complaining if there weren't anime fuccbois so it checks out to me. Or am I reading you wrong?
>>
What kind of monsters are more likely to be found in steppes and cold climates?
>>
File: DATABASE.gif (1MB, 208x186px) Image search: [Google]
DATABASE.gif
1MB, 208x186px
>>52292539
It was nothing but memes and saying "we get the reasoning but that's still fucking retarded", because everyone was EXTREMELY SALTY over the great purge of Spirited Swordsmanship/Heart of Aether/Body of Aether purge.
>>
>>52292522
Why would there be pirate shit in a barroom sphere? It all seemed kinda cool to me, stuff I'd expect there.
>>
File: 1471059751931.png (5MB, 1367x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1471059751931.png
5MB, 1367x2000px
>>52292539
iirc, she came here to discuss the idea itself.

>>52292320
The Body of the Ancients feat is the option in question, which represents having a powerful draconic power flowing through you. Someone with the feat is imbued with a psychic tie to ancestral knowledge that strengthens when they get stronger, and wanes when they're weaker.

It's been a rather contentious topic, but not really one I think is particularly out of line for the fluff of D&D and Pathfinder as a whole.
>>
>>52292583
Basically, the people who are complaining that there are too many anime fuccbois don't play in /pfg/ games, because no-one makes STR-based STRONGMEN.

They're bitching, but don't even actually make any STR characters themselves.
>>
>>52292583

I'm just failing to explain myself.

I'm saying /pfg/ loves to bitch and moan about anime fuccbois, yet 90% of the time anime fuccbois are picked over everyone else, which encourages people to continue making anime fuccbois and continuing the cycle.

It's like people saying Mass Effect Andromeda is a shitty game but then buying it because, "It's Mass Effect, you need to buy Mass Effect."
>>
>>52292603
>why would pirates know drunken fighting
gee whiz i have no idea
>>
>>52292625
Is there anyone who regularly makes non anime fuccboi male characters?
>>
>>52290282
Rory X Onryou WHEN?
>>
>>52292661

DHB and Captain Slow tend to be consistent with men that don't use anime art.
>>
>>52292661
Me but I don't apply to /pfg/ games.
>>
>>52292652

>Pirates
>Drinking

Anon please, I watch enough Pirates of the Caribbean to know they don't drink.
>>
>>52292652
Why wouldn't tons of other shit then? Why not vikings, you think they didn't fight drunk off their ass? Pirates aren't anymore tied to drinking than tons of other shit.
>>
>>52292682
>DHB
why does he get denied from every game them?
>>
>>52292632
So, what you're saying is that the people bitching about there being no MANLY MEN are not running games, right?
>>
Are these players left in pfg for new games?
>>
>>52292031
Perform (Dance or Sing) and Appraise!
>>
>>52292714
He got into that chinese Lisa game.

And you seem to assume having a quality character correlates with getting in.

Making something the DM likes for whatever reason correlates with getting in.
>>
>>52292632
Depending on how you define anime fuccboi, I don't know if this would hold up. Take say, WotR for example. Lucius is definitely an anime fuccboi, but like, Rath's pretty anime but I don't know if he'd fall under any definitions of fuccboi, and Artemy is such a "normal" character that he'd never qualify if he wasn't using the art he did.

RotJR's most prominent male is Casimir, old and beardy. The most popular HR male is Winston who's playing pretty far from the anime aesthetics. PLD has anime fuccbois but it's going for a very different anime aesthetic and they're a completely different breed of anime fuccbois.

It's weird man. Even "daddys" are easier to define since you know it refers to the particular fetish, but anime fuccbois is all over.
>>
>>52292725

Yes, and they either tend to not make characters or refuse to even try and support the characters they actually want.

>>52292714

Partly meme and reputation, though I'd argue his obsession with detail discourages DMs.
>>
>>52292398
>>52292510
>hurrrr all classes have to be rigidly defined and unchangable in fluff, because that totally fucking worked in 3.5
>>
>>52292768
And among RotJR's other males, Corwin is neither anime nor a fuccboi, nor is Sweettooth. Rubio, Etan, and Seht are all the way though.
>>
>>52292768
Rath was not anime at all until people started nitpicking at his art.
>>
>>52292665
Satan, please go and stay go.
>>
>>52292784
>Partly meme and reputation, though I'd argue his obsession with detail discourages DMs.
If I was a GM I would be discouraged by the fact he is apparently really character goal oriented and will push campaigns in what ever direction he thinks his character is going.
>>
>>52292705
Why NOT tons of other shit?

Point is, there's way too heavy a focus on improvised weapons. Cayden Cailean's favored weapon is a Rapier, not a chair leg or whatever. Wasn't SoM supposed to be largely weapon-agnostic?
>>
>>52292632
>TFW Corwin seems to be the quintessential man's man, but is never talked about
>>
>>52292788
>hurr durr I know things cause I'm strong and fit XD!!!!1111
>>
>>52292808

What's wrong with character goals? Why is it such a sin to give named characters, side-villains and plot hooks?

I was raised to believe those things were desired in characters.
>>
>>52292788
There's rigid and unchangeable and then there is trying to be way to many things at fucking once. Avowed crosses that line.
>>
>>52292809
>Favored Weapon: Rapier
>Uses a side-sword in his official art
Fucking paizo.
>>
>>52292819

Corwin I feel suffers a little from not having a powerful shtick and generic character art. He's a fun and flavorful character locked behind a middling persona.
>>
>>52292821
There is too much character goal. He seems like the kind of player with a force of personality to warp a campaign around him.

Whether intentionally or not he seems to be the kind of guy to become the 'main character'.
>>
>>52292714
>why does he get denied from every game them?
+30 diplomacy
>>
>>52292826
>The class that has a ton of different possible cool subpaths

Nah man. You're right, it IS just your opinion. My opinion, on the other hand, is that the avowed is super great because it can play any given role, especially now that the nerfs stopped it from outpacing everything in those roles.
>>
>>52292847
I doubt Paizo is smart enough to pull this, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUczpTPATyU
>>
File: GGMystery.png (242KB, 955x643px) Image search: [Google]
GGMystery.png
242KB, 955x643px
>>52292625
>>52292794
>make buff mcstrongdude, think I've got something pretty good
>realize halfway through that the mechanics are a pain in the ass and it doesn't seem to work properly
>find something else that fits what I want in a playtest
>said thing gets gutted and turned inside out before I even get around to trying to touch it
>haven't bothered with other concepts because I haven't felt like applying to any games and don't want to dig up shit from my character folder to rehash

It probably would have meant not getting in, but maybe I should have gone with the guy from Ustalav instead, even if it meant being a big ball of nonsensical mechanics.
>>
>>52292714
DHB raises tons of red flags regardless of being problematic or not, and I'm leaning not, but just follow any of his apps and it's easy to see why a DM would be concerned. He asks for a lot of shit, like, harmless inconsequential shit, shit that'd make him weaker than just taking the standard paths, but a lot of it. Just asked for two race traits in Katapesh, which I doubt he'll leverage at all and just wants them for roleplaying, but it's small things like that which leave a lot of DMs wary.

Gotta ask for shit if you need shit, but from a DMing stand point you want players in your boundaries you know?
>>
>>52292597
Do you have a copy of those before they were purged?
>>
>>52292923
Not off the top of my head, but they were the "Use x for attack/damage rolls with pulses" series. Two of which also changed your "casting modifier" from Charisma to either Con or Str. The Con one was two feats for everything, while Str was just one.
>>
>>52292920
He asked for prosthetic limbs too.
>>
>>52291378
He wants to see a Paladin fall, obviously.

If that means watching one fall to the ground, dead, so be it.
>>
Man the playtest is a mess to read
>>
>>52292961

Why do people hate Paladins so much, anyway?

Is it because of their adherence to a code of honor, something Westerners despise with their dying breath?
>>
>>52292795

Sorry. That was me.
>>
>>52293056
I guess they have this view that all Paladins ever are Lawful Stupid.
>>
>>52293056
Because they played with lawful stupid paladins when they were teens and can't get out of that headspace.
>>
>>52293056
>Code of Honor
>Westerners despise it

Son you've never met a cowboy and you've never met a southerner, have you? Them's fighting words.
>>
>>52293056
>love paladin flavor
>hate paladin mechanics
There's so little that separates one build from another you know?
>>
File: 1425362992332.png (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1425362992332.png
13KB, 200x200px
>>52293056
>>
>>52293056
>>
>>52293056
I hate paladins, they're great at wrecking parties and fun.
>>
>>52293056
Morality is weakness
>>
>>52293056
I despise how most fantasy settings handle divinity.

I feel like the class is overly narrow, and should be turned into a much more generic "holy warrior" class like a Zealot or something.

Faggots keep using it as a wayto act like a Lawful Evil fascist douche while still using it as an excuse to pat themselves on the back and feel good.

Faggots think it automatically makes them the main character and everyone else in the party should be beholden to their sensibilities and everyone should bend a knee for their concept.

Faggots on /tg/ that automatically side with them.
>>
>>52293152
THIIIIIIIIIS
>>
>>52293102
Well. Evidence is stacking up to support your theory.
>>
>>52293111

I meant people like Germans and the British, people who actively mock their honor because they know it's a sham.

We all know the French have the most honor in Europe, and that's kind of sad!
>>
>>52293206
>French
>Honor
OH NO WERE BEING ATTACKED AND THERE'S NO WOMEN OR SHORT MEN TO LEAD US, RETREAT!
>>
>>52293111

No offense but the cowboy and southern gentleman are dying breeds ridiculed by most of the west
>>
File: mLUcpiv.jpg (116KB, 1000x605px) Image search: [Google]
mLUcpiv.jpg
116KB, 1000x605px
What's the best kind of bird-like familiar?
>>
File: your fate.jpg (115KB, 625x725px) Image search: [Google]
your fate.jpg
115KB, 625x725px
>>52293254
>>
>>52293056
I think Alignment restrictions on classes are dumb as fuck in general, and also EVERYTHING HERE >>52293152

as well as
>actually want to try playing a holy warrior guy
>everyone assumes I'm going to have a stick lodged firmly up my ass
>constantly threatened with attempts to make me fall because "you're a paladin"
>finally gave up when I found out a dev basically said "I hate LG, but I hate Paladin more because of all these stereotypes related to being LG, so NG/CG Paladins never because fuck you for liking Paladin"
>>
>>52293254
Nosoi
>>
>>52293152
Warpriest is generic holy warrior
>>
>>52293111

Southern gentlemen and cowboys have not only been deconstructed and satired, they've been used as the butt of jokes everywhere.

Honor is dead in the West. Adherence to a code is dead in the West. The only thing left is living life like a 21 year old for the next 15 years until you remember you need to have a kid... I think, the news is saying you don't need one anymore.
>>
>>52293152

I WANT MORE SETTINGS THAT HANDLE DIVINITY LIKE EBERRON.

GIVE ME DIVINE MAGIC, BUT KEEP THE FACE(S) OF GOD HIDDEN.
>>
>>52293152
>I feel like the class is overly narrow, and should be turned into a much more generic "holy warrior" class like a Zealot or something.
Exactly this. If you need alignment restrictions for flavor (or to pretend it's a balance thing), make it any lawful. Make their smite less tied to alignment and replace mercies with something that's actually interesting.
>>
>>52293300
>honor is dead in the west
How many katanas do you own?
>>
>>52292923
I have the playtest docs going all the way back
>>
>>52293342
Also remove the tiefling favored class bonus.
>Muh 100hp restore as a swift action.
>>
>>52293353

You joke, but in the south we're ridiculed for posting our codes of honor(ten commandments) in public
>>
>>52293342
It's Smite Evil, not Smite Chaos. It should be any good.
>>
>>52293152
I've entertained the idea of an unaligned paladin. Maybe something like "The Templar" or "Crusader" that, lemme think

>Full BaB, d10 hd
>Good Fortune save, good will save
>4+int skillpoints per level
>Charisma focused though with a reasonable wisdom-based archetype.
>Must be within one alignment of their Deity
>Gains a domain or a unique "crusade" option (similar to an Inquisition)
>Medium-style 4/9 casting (they get Cantrips)
>At first level they choose one oath, and at fourth level they select another one. Each oath grants special powers and abilities
>There would be the classic "smite enemies" oath, the "be a face" oath, the "divine gish" oath, etc.
>At 2nd they'd get a slightly weaker divine grace that scales to be more strong (I.e pick two of these things (fort/ref/will saves, attack and damage rolls, CMD, Hitpoints) to add your Charisma mod to. They'd get two options at level 2, and another one every six levels thereafter.
>At 3rd, 9th, and 15th, gain a bonus combat feat.

I need to tinker with it, but it has potential.
>>
>>52293376
No, that's called "you know not everyone has the same religion as you, and in modern society we're actually supposed to be cool with that, right?"
>>
>>52293385
But good is dumb and lawful is best
>>
>>52293376
*Obedience
>>
>>52293385
The fact that there's no Smite Chaos archetype is beyond my understanding.

>>52293387
Neutral Paladin should be a Paladin of Nature IMO.
>>
Is there are a bard archetype or whatever that trades away all armor proficiency?
>>
>>52293342
I'd like to see some more weird mercy or divine bond options not tied to archetype. Support in the vein of advanced weapon training.
>>
>>52293342
>mercies
>not interesting

I get what you're going for, but mercies are good and one of the few things that make Lay on Hands less of a boring ability.

>>52293342
Paladin should be any Good, Antipaladin should be any Evil, give both an archetype for LN/CN, boom done.

>>52293426
>no Smite Chaos

But there is? I think it's the fake monk Paladin though.
>>
>>52293406
Pretty sure that's bait
>>
>>52293424
I'm fine with a Smite Chaos paladin that can be any lawful. Default is Smite Evil, paladin should be good.
>>
>>52293406

If seeing evidence of Christianity triggers you, then you're no better than those getting triggered over islam.
>>
>>52293426
Hellknights get Smite Chaos
>>
>>52293254
Draconic bloodline alt-familiar pig.
>>
>PLD shitposting
>2hu shitposting
>DHB shitposting
>Paladin shitposting
Theres nothing to talk about in this thread aside from shitposting, is there?
>>
>>52293476
SoMP?
>>
>>52293476
where
>>
>>52293476
We're about to drift into /pol/ shitposting too. Fun!
>>
>>52293458
Hellknights smite chaos o-o. Although to be fair I've yet to see a Hellknight that wasn't a LAW ABOVE REASON type of character.
>>
>>52293468

At least those people are getting kicked out of society, over here in Europe we still need to root out those fucking cross cultists.
>>
>>52293468
>then you're no better than those getting triggered over islam.

Are you saying we shouldn't?
>>
>>52293502
...because that's what the Hellknights are. Always Lawful, Any Lawful, Law Above All.
>>
>>52293502
You only gain power from alignment if you are extreme about it
>>
>>52293476
>Theres nothing to talk about in this thread aside from shitposting, is there?
Nope. That's why we talk about meme games and characters so much now, it's like our version of discussing lore.
>>
>>52293469
>>52293502
I want a Paladin who can Smite Chaos without having their origins being tied to the Worldscar pls and thanks.
>>
>>52293498

No, we had 2hu shitpost about that already
>>
>>52293476
Wait it out. This one is falling off.
>>
>>52293537

Islam is a religion of feminism and community, it is infinitely better than whatever drivel the child molesters in Italy have to hock.
>>
>>52293554
Worldwound, and that has nothing to do with Hellknights.
>>
>>52293554
Champion of The Faith Warpriest
>>
>>52293554
Gee golly.

Next.
>>
>>52293562
Welp. I got nothin'
>>
>>52293554
Worldwound has nothing to do with Hellknights. Cheliax does, but it's not something that's so rigidly tied.
>>
>>52293569
>He thinks the next one will be any better
>>
>>52293537
He's presumably saying we don't because there is absolutely political space left of Hitler and right of Stalin. None whatsoever.
>>52293571
And now he's going to resort to posting strawmen of leftist ideology.
>>
>>52293571
>I was only pretending to be retarded, I swear

Okay.
>>
>>52293582
What archetype?
>>
>>52293476
I didn't even see any PLD shitposting.
>>
>>52293502
Order of the Scourge? Vidoc and his bunch are actually quite reasonable.
>>
>>52293603

If you haven't been paying attention, "leftism" is reality. It is the record. It is history. You better be on he right side of it when you're old and the world is browner, more logical and coastal, okay?
>>
>>52293624
Oathbound Paladin, Oath against Chaos.
>>
>>52293656
>Islam is a religion of feminism and community, it is infinitely better than whatever drivel the child molesters in Italy have to hock.

That's not factually correct and you know it.

Christianity doesn't force outmoded clothing types on women to ensure men don't get enflamed in passions of desires.
>>
>>52293569
The cycle will just start a new. Hells Rebels is about to close and everyones going to be freshly assblasted that 2hu is in Group A.
>>
>>52293692
Anon, while he is wrong, you've made an excessively broad statement that's very easily disproved. There ARE sects of Christianity that do that.

That said, this conversation is retarded.
>>
>>52293692
You just got memed on bro, sorry.

>>52293664
That works I guess.
>>
>>52293692
He knows that. He's attempting to strawman all the shit regressive-left leaning people say about Islam. He's being sarcastic, dude.
>>
>>52293692
I mean, some sects of Christianity do, just as only some sects of Islam do.

The problem is that people seem to conflate all of the different sects, splinters, and schisms into the same umbrella terminology of "Democrat/Liberal" or "Islamic" or "Christian" or "Conservative/Republican", and that is simply foolish.
>>
>>52292031
Sleight of Hand, any background Knowledge, and any Profession relating to food.
>>
>>52293652
Yeah some of the Hellknight orders are kind of reasonable, but I've never seen a PLAYER use one. Order of the Nail is especially popular for some reason and they're literally all about the LAW WITHOUT REASON.
>>
>>52293712
>>52293719
>>52293723
My bad, I should concentrate on important issues instead of mindlessly replying to bait.

PoW errata when?
>>
Why isn't Kyra wearing a hijab?
>>
File: Doushiou.gif (586KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Doushiou.gif
586KB, 400x226px
Only three hours until submissions close, we even had a last minute application! Will 2hu get his application in on time? Will all of my choices be the shitty wrong ones? Will I do a shitty drumroll announcement when the time comes?

Personally, I'm hella stoked.
>>
>>52293765
Wants to be auto-rejected, I bet.
>>
>>52293692

Anon, Swedish government is proudly called feminist yet their female leaders happily put on headscarves to visit the Middle East.

Western women lust after the virility of a good Muslim man. Your culture will be supplanted by better stock.
>>
File: drink your problems away.jpg (110KB, 552x364px) Image search: [Google]
drink your problems away.jpg
110KB, 552x364px
>>52293802
Three more hours until I decide if I'm getting shitfaced happy or shitfaced suicidal.
>>
>>52293704

I want to see people decline acceptance because they'd be in Group A with 2hu.
>>
>>52293832
I would decline, 2hu is cancer.
>>
>>52293832
Do you think people would decline a group for being put in the same one as DHB?

Also do you think people would join if 2hu and DHB were in the same group? Just to see the campaign burn.
>>
>>52293056
Honestly I just get bored trying to play one.
>>
>>52293832
I kind of just really want to play a comical version of the AP.
But I'll probably drop out if 2hu lives up to /pfg/'s expectations.
>>
>2hu hasn't even applied yet
>he's still guaranteed a spot
Glad I didn't waste my time on this shit ass faggot game for queers.
>>
>>52293245
>buying into that post-WWII meme which only came about because of how hard Blitzkrieg hit
>>
>>52293925

Nah, DHB is obnoxious but he isn't turbo-autistic like 2hu. People seem to have good opinions of him.

Meanwhile, 2hu is just a drain to work with, he's going to kill Group A and I think the DM was smart to make a backup when his first game fails.
>>
>>52293947
I assumed he sent his application in privately. Which seems kind of dirty but I thiiiink it's okay?
>>
>>52293953

And now Battlefield 1 has half your troops as women or colored, really showing your "esprit de corps" now, Frog!
>>
Hiya anons, I've only really played around with fighter and cleric in this game and I was wondering how bard could fill in as a healer? I mean, don't get me wrong, cleric is fun to play, especially with a meme reach build, but I've always wanted to play bard to support the group but I'm concerned if the lack of heals will screw my party.
>>
>>52293925
I'd drop out if I was in a group with either one of them.
>>
>>52293969

How... How... How does 2hu have the social awareness to understand satire enough to make a character for HR?
>>
>>52293983
Buy a wand of Cure Light wounds.

Congrats. You're now a healer.
>>
>>52293983
Take it from me dude, asking /pfg/ for tips on how to build a good healer is like asking a Kenyan on the best techniques to make ice.
>>
>>52293983

Bards are not healers, they are faces. You can be a healer in a pinch with the right wand though, which leaves you open to be THE ULTIMATE in support!
>>
You guys really hate that Touhou fella.
>>
>>52293984
>drop for being in the same group as DHB
y tho?
>>
File: SAN_checks.png (132KB, 272x415px) Image search: [Google]
SAN_checks.png
132KB, 272x415px
>>52293829
Whatcha drinking? I might join you.
>>
>>52293959
More to the point, DHB merely asks a lot of questions, but he does so politely and will accept your explanation if you don't give him what he asks for.

2hu, by contrast, will bury you in questions (often several at a time), constantly pester you even as you answer them, push harder for very inch you give, and only give an appearance of being overly-formal the whole time. If you tell him "no" at any time, he'll start trying to prove you wrong.
>>
>>52293980
Wait, are you talking smack about the Foreign Legion?

You fool, you've summoned the /k/ and /his/ posters.
>>
>>52294035
Don't even respond to him. Just let him rot on the vine.
>>
>>52294010

>Like asking a Kenyan how to make ice

Don't you just have to walk down the street to do that in Stockholm or Munich?
>>
>>52293983
There's the Arcane Healer Archetype if you're married to healer memes.
>>
>>52293829
Aww please don't say stuff like that, it's already hard enough knowing that I won't be able to run for all these cool characters.
>>52293832
They're more than welcome to, it'll free up slots for someone else.
>>52293884
Good for you, did you actually apply? Please do message me if you did so I'll know whether or not to put you in the same group if I do pick you. If not then congratulations your opinion is irrelevant.
>>52293959
Everyone is so quick to assume weird ulterior motives about my decision to start a second group.
>>
>>52293983
Life Oracle. Channel Energy and Life Link to heal your party. Fey Foundling. A wand of CLW. Heal when you can get it.
>>
>>52293802
>>52294079
I hope you're a false flagger because if you're not, you are really fucking up. Stop trying to stir shit and cause drama.
>>
New thread:

>>52294122
>>52294122
>>52294122
>>52294122
>>52294122
>>
>>52294079
>Good for you
Oof, the most generic salt phrase response in existence.
>>
>>52294031
If I get picked? Some local microbrewery beer. Lost Coast's Downtown Brown, to be exact.

If I don't? Maker's Mark. Maybe some Sailor Jerry's when that bottle is empty.

>>52294079
I didn't want to be sober today anyways. Don't you worry your head about it GM-san. You pick what you feel is best and I'll raise my bottle.
>>
>>52292229
Sorry, could you elaborate on what you mean?

>>52292398
Our constitution-to-knowledge feat was intended to balance it with Charisma skills, while further expanding on existing dragon-y fluff.

>>52292436
this guy gets it.

>>52292463
yeee

>>52292470
Genetic Mememory.

>>52292502
The base Avowed is based around gaining the powers of your pact patron, the Betrothed around your psychic bond with your pact patron, and the Aspirant around BECOMING your pact patron. You may not be descended from a dragon (... or maybe you are!) but you're gaining their powers. And one thing Dragons always have is an ancestral memory - that's why they have an Always Alignment, even without an alignment subtype.

>>52292610
Well I've already typed up this much, I'm going to send it anyway. Why couldn't you have said something in slack.

>>52292869
Thank you! That was, in part, our goal.

>>52292826
The Warlock from 3.5e was very much uncertain on what it wanted its fluff to be. It fluctuated wildly between having alignment constraints and not, only being from fiends and being from a variety of sources...

The intent with the Avowed is to maintain the same variety while becoming significantly more consistent, as well as staying true to the mechanical thematics of ALL DAY, thus moving Fiendish Resilience to an optional feat.

>>52292510
I mean, yeah, but that was in part because of the negative response to it. We're quite happy with the result.
>>
>>52293765
Because she's a lesbian.
>>
>>52294146
Let's hope for local then!
>>
>>52294465
Anon, you are too precious. I hope we both get in.
>>
>>52293993

2hu playing seriously IS the satire
>>
>>52294535
Why thank you! But you'll never figure out who I am though! My identity will remain a mystery, constantly causing you to wonder.. "AM I playing with them?"
You'll never truly knoow.
>>
>>52294730
I'll just have to share Mint Tea with all my fellow party members, and hope one of them is you.
>>
Fuck you /pfg/. I need a Numeria dump. I have all the core. What kinda 3pp support is out there?
Thread posts: 491
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.