[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most bullshit/powergamey character that could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

What is the most bullshit/powergamey character that could be created in 5e?
>>
>>52282791
>BBEG

ugh
>>
>>52282791
18th level Moon druid.

Besides that, Halfling Wizard with the Lucky Feat in order to get as many re-rolls as possible.

Or Arakokra Warlock. Flying Eldritch Blaster Caster.

I dunno man, 5e doesn't break much. The halfling wizard just kind of munchkins your d20 roll, and then certain spells can be exploited, but there's nothing too crazy that can be done If you have a competent DM.
>>
>>52282991
Your faggot is showing
>>
If Unearthed Arcana counts then Nuclear Druid without a shadow of a doubt.

Going by published material only I dunno. Maybe a Necromancer with 100+ skeletons and a captive Mummy Lord?
>>
>>52283135
>Nuclear Druid
This
>>
>>52283135
>>52284137
Our dm allows unearthed arcana, so anything from that would work as well.
>>
>>52283135
What the hell is a nuclear druid?
>>
>>52284786
A pretty kickass band name.
>>
>>52282791
An aaracokra barbarian/rogue multiclass. Or if you want actual character in ur min-maxed nightmare, a vengeance paladin/rogue aaracokra. Birdie Batman (robin!)
>>
Simulacrum Wizard Army
>>
File: 1479328979798.jpg (123KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479328979798.jpg
123KB, 819x1024px
Aside from the nuclear druid and simulacrum, ff you consider a level 10 character or above valid for this a Scourge Aasimar Oathbreaker Paladin/Hexblade Warlock multiclass is pretty solid.

Otherwise a Winged Tiefling or Aaracokra or Protector Aasimar with Crossbow Expert+Sharpshooter+Hand Crossbow+lots of bolts is pretty good.
>>
Not including items, either onion druid, open hand monk, or sorclock but none are very far above the norm. Sorclock is more frontloaded damage than anything and onion druid is just really really hard to kill. Open hand monks get the only save-or-die in the game which is pretty wicked but legendary resistance means you won't get a whole lot out of it.
Including items, it's a level 20 champion fighter wielding the sentient trident "Wave", as they can deal arbitrary levels of damage per crit and have an expanded crit range in addition to four attacks per round.
>>
>>52286532
>onion druid

what
>>
>>52286502
What's a nuclear druid? I've never heard that term. Is it one of the unearthed arcana druids? Cuz it sounds metal as hell
>>
>>52286560
Circle of the Moon transforming into a mammoth over and over and over all day long
The layers keep going and going as you shred them off
>>52284786
>>52286561
Unearthed Arcana Circle of Twilight Druid using their Harvest's Scythe on the Magic Missile spell, allowing them to add Xd10 (X=druid level) damage to every missile in the barrage for an outrageous spike in damage to a spell that can't miss. Kinda one shot but puking out 1d4+20d10 x3 damage that can't miss is hilarious.
>>
>>52286595
>>52286561
At this point, I'm starting to think it should be in the /5eg/ OP template. What's the average damage in the latest version? 1200 or something?
>>
>>52286608
Yeah there's some kinda balance of missile count to scythe count for optimal damage but I don't know it.
>>
>>52286595
Wait, you can apply spell effects to each missile of magic missile in 5th edition? Are there no Warmages?
>>
>>52286595
Wouldn't you have to be lvl40 to add 20 dice to a missile?
>>
>>52286660
It's because of Magic Missile's RAW that you only roll the damage die once, and that applies to every individual missile.
>>52286666
Is it half? Then halve that I guess. I don't have the whole fundament of the build.
>>
>>52286666
nope, it's your full druid level
>>
>>52287318
That's how many die you have in a day, but you can only add up to half on a single spell.
>>
>>52283135
Necromancer a shit, afaik he's limited to using his bonus action to command one skeleton per turn.
>>
>>52287456
>On each of your turns, you can use a bonus action to mentally command any creature you made with this spell if the creature is within 60 feet of you
>(if you control multiple creatures, you can command any or all of them at the same time, issuing the same command to each one).
>>
>>52287367
The build assumes you have 2 levels of fighter for an Action Surge. Cast a 9th level magic missile and action surge an 8th level magic missile. Apply half to both spells, thus expending your entire allowance at once.
>>
>>52288096
Most of it is still pointless.

Moon druids and EB locks are the strongest classes early. They get off the ground at level 5, and remain powerful throughout the game both utility and damage wise.

Most of the "OP" builds assume level 20, which is ridiculous. At this point, if you even get there, the balance is out of the window anyway.

Yeah, a vanilla moon druid and blaster Warnock doesn't sound gamebreaking, but if you just want to stomp the early game, they are your best bet.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.