[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice for finding groups to play with? My real life group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 8be.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8be.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
Any advice for finding groups to play with? My real life group of close friends rarely gets together and can't keep a campaign going longer than 4 sessions. I've had little luck on Roll20 and there's no D&D Adventurer's League games going on near me (searched for every game store within ~100 miles, nothing).
>>
>>52282779
It depends a lot on where you live. Do you live in a city, somewhere more rural?

BA BOOP DI DA BOOP BOP
>>
>>52282779
Try a website like meetup.com. When my old group drifted apart I found my current group there.

DA BOOB Di DA BOOB BOP
>>
>>52282810
I live in a smallish/medium sized city in the middle of redneck territory. There's two really small game stores here and one only just opened up and both of those game stores are more keen on MTG than most stuff more RPG related.
>>
>>52282884
Maybe try putting up ads at the two mtg places. Maybe if you're lucky, you might be able to get 3-4 people to form a group.
>>
>>52282963
i could try my luck at that, but i have been wanting to try my hand at online games. i just have 0 experience in them and it doesn't seem like a whole lot of games interest me that have accepted me.

>tfw you apply for a game but after a few weeks the ad expires and you give up for a while on finding games
>tfw you check back some months later and read "hey we think your character would be perfect for our game!"
>message was 3 months old
>>
>>52283073
Ever thought of setting your own game up? It's hard work, but it's still fun.
>>
>>52283143
that seems to be the only way i can get my friends together and play anyways, although never for longer than a session or two. last time i dm'd, it was a sponatneous unprepared session with just 2 guys, one of which a complete newbie i had to teach, and i ended up getting exhausted after barely going through a few rooms of a dungeon (to be fair it was like 2 am). also one time i had to drive a friend home during a dnd session because he had a family emergency of a sort

it totally wasn't drug related

also i keep getting so disinterested in making my own settings sometimes and i don't know if i can dm with the same confidence and passion as when i do something i put my free time into
>>
>>52282779
Fucking BA BOOB DI DA DOO BOP babe
>>
File: What Ghost.jpg (52KB, 1203x1003px) Image search: [Google]
What Ghost.jpg
52KB, 1203x1003px
>>52282779
Dude. I love Samurai jack, and I even love the mother fucking show off Scaramouch. His personality, his style, his weapons/items...

But goddamn, was that some fucking AWFUL scat. Like seriously awful.
>>
Remember when Jack cut that bitch's throat last episode? That was metal.
>>
>>52283226
You sort of sound like a guy I used to know, except he DM'd and put the lack of everyone getting together and his campaigns usually ending prematurely on me being "annoying". Funny part is he "lost contact" with everyone after moving in with his girlfriend (who asked him to house-sit while she travels across Europe for a year) and ended our friendship after a heated exchange. Suffice it to say, his campaigns were boring, uninspired, and lacked any sort of "staying power" to convince our group's MtG guy and the other 3 newbies to stay consistent with appearances.

But enough of my problems...

Do you know if your LGS's don't host AL's? If not, you might need to travel a bit further central into your city or really work at finding a group online. Alternatively, I would suggest checking other forums like Roll20 and such for either online or local groups. You might even need to make a compromise and look around for adult boards with a d20 system if you're THAT starved to play.

Otherwise, not much I can suggest.
>>
>>52283277
>But goddamn, was that some fucking AWFUL scat. Like seriously awful.
You could say it was... shit?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.