[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a Psionics book for 13th Age? Even if it's third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Cover_500px1.jpg (191KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_500px1.jpg
191KB, 500x655px
Is there a Psionics book for 13th Age? Even if it's third party, it'd be good. I'm making a custom setting for it, and my idea for Gnomes involves them being secret Psions, and I'd rather not make my own Psionic stuff from scratch or try to port it from another system.
>>
>>52281139
http://13thage.org/index.php/classes/631-the-psion
First thing I could find with a quick google search.
>>
>>52281342
Thanks, anon. I might be able to use the powers from that class, at the very least.
>>
File: epic-zelda-painting-cut.jpg (381KB, 450x2462px) Image search: [Google]
epic-zelda-painting-cut.jpg
381KB, 450x2462px
Any helpful advice to someone who's new to GM'ing the system? I'm planning to run a Zelda campaign using the system a month from now. I ran a pair of test combats with my players and it seems pretty good, but I'm wondering if there's any kinks or important info that I should know about.
>>
>>52281407
Barbarians are underpowered, but easy to fix. Give them one point more of AC and PD, and change their rage recharge to 11+, it makes them go from UP but playable to pretty decently balanced, if boring. Discourage Rangers and Druids. They're more or less trash, and not nearly as easy to fix as Barbarian. The other classes are generally fine, but Monk needs a little work. There's an Improved Monk on google docs that should be easy to find, and it makes a good class much better.

Other than that, DON'T FORGET THE ESCALATION DIE. It's the easiest thing for a DM new to 13th Age to overlook, and it is crucial for the party's success. Enemy AC assumes you're using the Escalation Die and paying attention to it, as enemy AC is unusually high in 13th Age for that reason. Also because of this, make sure your players know that discretion is the better part of valor, since if an enemy outmatches them, it can be several turns before they can even hope to scratch it, and by then they may well all be dead.
>>
>>52281705
Thanks for the advice! I play online with roll20 so I keep tracking of escalation dice by assigning initiative to a random object and adding +1 to it at the end of each round.
>>
>>52281342
Only three talents allowed? When the talents decide what schools you know AND normal talent stuff? Either this needs reworking or more talent choices.
>>
>>52281342
>Clairsentience, Metacreativity, Psychokinesis, Psychometabolism, Psychoportation and Telepathy
Oh, hey.... it's.... 3e
>>
>>52282194
It's probably a port of some sort. The original Psionic classes are in the talents too.
>>
File: PHBR5-Page1.jpg (40KB, 353x462px) Image search: [Google]
PHBR5-Page1.jpg
40KB, 353x462px
>>52282208
No love for Complete Psionics Handbook? Best supplement for 2e, hands down.
>>
>>52282261
I never played 2e, I had no idea there even WAS a psionics book for it.
>>
>>52282277
3 separate ones, actually:
• The Complete Psionics Handbook
• The Will and the Way
• Player's Option: Skills and Powers

Also, just about every Dark Sun product had *something* in it for psionics.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.