[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>His love of murder was so great that Khârn actually had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14

File: Khârn_the_Betrayer_Updated.jpg (714KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Khârn_the_Betrayer_Updated.jpg
714KB, 1536x2048px
>His love of murder was so great that Khârn actually had an ancient death-counter installed in his helmet which registers the number of kills he has made in the helm's eye lenses.
oh wow, is this shit from ward lore?
so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now, retconned for 13yo mlg faggots to self-insert into. when the fuck did everything went so wrong in 40k?
also why is art in new editions so fucking bad. does gw outsource to deviantart now?
>>
>>52269668
Yes, this is the dumbest thing about WH40K, sure
>>
>>52269668
How would the numbers even still fit on his HUD.
>>
>>52269668
>so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now, retconned for 13yo mlg faggots to self-insert into.

This comment gave me so much cancer I ascended to Daemonhood under Nurgle.
>>
>>52269727
All hail glorious pestilence!
>>
>>52269708
6mil
>>
I want Kharn so bad but his price is crazy.
>>
>>52269668
>so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now
>now

Right, because SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD was never, EVER edgy.
>>
>>52269668
He's Jorge
>>
>>52269708
actually the counter has limited space for numbers and has overflown at least twice. since kharn is a swell guy, he treated the counter rolling over to zeroes as additional incentive to kill, maim and burn even harder.
such a swell guy.
>>
>>52269852
CIRETAKO!
>>
Lets say he kills 1000 dudes per day, even after 10.000 years that's only 3650000000
>>
>>52269668
Why is the dark-age of technology kill counter a problem? 40k has always been over-the-top, and this thing fits Khârn's personality just great.
Is it really so hard to push your suspension of disbelief a little bit further?

>I get the fact that Khârn is a 10000 year-old posthuman champion of the god of pure rage and murder, but a tiny detail that I think sounds stupid??? Never
>>
>>52269668
>also why is art in new editions so fucking bad. does gw outsource to deviantart now?
Yes. But it's better than the goofy in-house shit of yore.
>>
>>52269668
I read this and all I heard in my head was autistic screeching, why have 40k threads gone to shit recently
>>
>>52269773
well as i remember originally khornates were simply psychopaths. they didn't kill for challenge or prove themselves or some shit, or to further any goals, simply because they were insane and driven by base lust for murder.
>>52269910
the problem is his entire fucking backstory in horus heresy implies that he's some kind of insecure faggot with a plan. the kharn i remember didn't have a plan, he was just a crazy murderer leading crazy murderers.
>>
>>52269727

agree
>>
>>52269756

Go go, Recast Ranger

>>52269773

That was polite like an english gentleman
>>
File: Kharn (or some Berzerker) statue.jpg (898KB, 1920x2593px) Image search: [Google]
Kharn (or some Berzerker) statue.jpg
898KB, 1920x2593px
>>52269971
>BL Horus Heresy books
Found your problem m8
I mean, I like his bromance with Argel Tal like everyone else, and him beating up Erebus of course, but after succumbing to Khorne, there's nothing but killing for him, I guess.You know, with them Butchers Nails and being the Champion of the God of pure rage and bloody murder.
>>
>>52269971
His "backstory" is after most of his lore was written.

Plus BL authors for HH are notorious for not reading in detail about the characters or setting at present.
>>
>>52269936
>recently
>>
>>52270054
>>52269971
Wasn't Kharn prior to the heresy the SANE one in the World Eaters?
>>
>>52269971

>Originally

No, originally Khorne was a martial god, and amny of his followers actually fell more into the noble warrior sort of camp. The Blood Pact are a lingering example of this; they glorify Khorne by being an effective fighting machine that uses the best tactics and equipment it can. The hatred of sorcery is also due to this. Past Khorne hated magic and trickery because it stopped people having epic manly duels. Current Khorne should have no issue with it because if it gibs people he should be happy with it, so this trait no longer makes sense.

Over time, GW forgot this and made them all berserkers, which originally were only a minority of Khornes followers, and usually the weakest and least favoured of them (with a few exceptions like Kharn). Then they realised Khorne was boring as fuck because every Khorne guy was a rip n tear asshole, and so now they're trying to change it again.
>>
>>52270116
This must be some ancient primordial WD shit because I remember the WE's ALWAYS being assholes and it was only in WHFB that Khorne wasn't king asshole of the assholes constantly, and the honor thing being mostly fanon, at least from 4e onward

Shit man at some point this becomes archaeology
>>
>>52269668
That's actually an older thing.

You need to keep in mind he is the fucking champion of the WORLD EATERS LEGION. you know the legion that would literally just kill an entire planet because nails in their skull give them headaches if they don't.

also the counter is a bit of archeotech given to him by Horus.
>>
>>52269668
>ward
this has been a thing since his the 3rd ed chaos codex.
>>
>>52269668
I love that artwork for one simple thing. Gorechild is finally represented as a weapon a Primarch could have used. Too many times is was just a standard sized one handed chainaxe, which would have looked ridiculoud in Angron's hands.

Finally it's shown as it should be, something fucking huge, which add to Kharn's martial prowess, being able to use that one handed.
>>
>>52270134
It was like 10 years ago, not exactly prehistory.
>>
>>52269727
Roflkek
>>
>>52270116
FFG=/=Codex lore
Actually read the Realm of Chaos/Slaves to Darkness, Khorne was always a god of murder and carnage with a hateboner for magic.
>>
>>52270116
My personal headcanon is that he doesn't give a fuck, long as he gets blood, but killing an honourable hardcore fighter will draw his attention more than say slaughtering 50 children, even if killing 50 kids produces significantly more blood and skulls he isn't quite as impressed
>>
>>52269708
In-fiction he re-sets it at the start of every major campaign.
>>
>>52269668
Kharn is a swell guy.
What the fuck happened to /tg/?!
>>
>>52270544
Nah, for blood hes fine with just slaughtering kids. Now, if you want to place their skulls on the throne then you've got another thing coming. Khorne will take blood from anywhere but skulls gotta mean something.
>>
>>52269668
Kuwagata
>>
>>52269668
It's a reference to rogue trader which had a lot of influence from 2000ad
Mean machine angel is a direct inspiration for sevitors esp arco flagellants
>>
>>52269773
Stolen from moorcock Elric - Arioch blood and souls
>>
>>52270026
So Kharn likes pretzels
>>
>>52270026
>>52270026
>slave of dick headed wanker gods
> oh noes why is he such a wanker
It's like people who think torture is so cool and then they meet the people who actually do the stuff and are shocked they are brain damaged shitheads
>>
>>52269971
>he was just a crazy murderer leading crazy murderers

How is this any less edgy 13 year old tier than the rest?
>>
>>52269668
>A recently-corrupted Khornate marine heard this
>Decided he was gonna be a badass with a murder counter too
>Got killed by a space marine Terminator before he could get a single kill
>>
How do the World Eaters even function? Even in company-sized warbands?

Who feeds them and looks after their weapons and armour? Who stops them killing the entire bridge of the ship and each other between battles? Who negotiates with Abaddon when a Black Crusade is called?
>>
So? Kharn has always been a tryhard edgy mlg faggot.

You fucking retard.
>bad art

Are you fucking retarded? That's some excellent digital Adrian Smith copycat job.
>>
My only problem with that art is that it seems like unfinished
>>
>>52269971
You are fucking retarded faggot.

Kharn has always had a plan. You know why he's called the Betrayer? Because when he and his fellow Berserkers were fighting Slaaneshi forces on an iceplanet, an ice storm started, and his fellow Berserkers quit fighting to avoid being frozen to death. So Kharn dropped his pistol and axe, grabbed a flamethrower and BURNED his fellow Berserkers until they got back onto the battlefield.

Get your FUCKING LORE checked out, you fucking faggot.
>>
Murder is worship to Khorne.

So a kill counter for a Khornate servant is like a rosary. It doesn't just count kills, it counts worship, prayers. It's a direct sign of communion with Khorne, and a sign for your obligation to Him.
>>
>>52270931
I wasn't even shittalking him. It seems quite tragic actually, that he went from a level-headed man who could even talk some sense into Angron to the swell Berzerker we know and live.
>>
The real question is what the scouter say about his kill level
>>
File: 2016-08-23_1635.jpg (58KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-23_1635.jpg
58KB, 1024x700px
>He now has blue hair
Hahahaha what a snowflake
>>
>>52271197
>Fulgrim, what does the scouter say about his kill level?

Yeah, I'm not going there all the way.
>>
>>52271197
At least ten Maos, two Stalins, six Hitlers.
>>
>>52271221
That's some stuff hanging on his helmet.
How do you even breathe anon?
>>
>>52269668
I'm pretty certain that Khârn's death-counter was first seen in William King's "Wrath of Khârn" short story, back in the late 90's.

It's a fun read.
>>
>>52271015
Simple enough.

Hope that their leader can control his fellow berserkers or in case of doubt don't allow them to get out of the cargo hold and use hereteks with cranes to take away their gear for repairs while they aren't looking. Maybe even allow the hereteks to use a hose if they get suspicious.

Or make a fist fight arena where the Khornattes can fist fight to the death the Ogryn prisioners you brought onboard, training plus entertainment.
>>
>>52271221
>CRAWLING IN MY SKIN.
>>
>>52271015
>>52271637
The simple answer is they don't. Berserkers operate in small warbands that hire themselves out to warlords in exchange for equipment and the chance to kill. In return, they murder everything in their way and *probably* not their 'allies'. They're more living weapons akin to the Flayed Ones the Necrons use than anything else, just sort of directed then left to their own devices. Those in favor to Khorne probably have warpfucked weapons that never foul or run out of ammunition.

They're effectively even less organized than Orks, who at least have slaves (grot and captured humans) and a technician cast to handle logistics and manufacturing.
>>
Question: does Kharn have any chaos mutations?
>>
>>52270108
I'm the only sane one left!
>>
>>52271524
Came here to say this. The counter has been a thing since 2nd edition. Chaos being edgy has been a thing since forever. Khorne luring in warriors with promises of martial pride and honour and then slowly sliding into focusing on blood and murder has always been part of the corruption/path of chaos. The main difference in what people cringe at, call edgy etc. just changes on how self conscious they feel now about things they use to think were cool.
>>
>>52271646
kek
>>
>>52270026
Where do I get this and how much for?
>>
>>52271686
Presumably, it's just that none are overbearingly obvious. A lot of Chaos champions get mutations that are less aesthetic, like gently leaking out the Warp itself, getting a Mark or simply being buffed to all hell and back, even his anti-Psyker blessing would probably be considered some sort of mutation.
>>
File: Abo vs KharKhar.png (701KB, 6768x896px) Image search: [Google]
Abo vs KharKhar.png
701KB, 6768x896px
>Kharn is the best melee figghter in the galaxy!
>Gets beaten up by an Abaddon who was holding back

Pls
>>
>>52272881
>Don't mind me with my pseudo-archaeotech hyperbuffed Terminator Armour and a sword that's more powerful than the Emperor of Mankind

Farsight is a better athlete than any Space Marine because he can go faster and lift more with his Crisis Suit.
>>
the counter is actually so big now that the numbers obscure much of kharn's vision

this is how he earned the title "betrayer"
he literally could not tell who he was fighting
like a guy with cataracts, he can make out shapes and shit but he can't identify people anymore

>what's that blobby thing
>is it a rhino? or a land raider? fuck i need to get closer
>who are these figures around me? they aren't attacking me so maybe they are friendly?
>this goddamn kill counter i can't see shit
>OH SHIT SOMEBODY HIT ME FUCK
>okay he's dead but these other figures are moving around menacingly, better kill them too
>>
>>52272881
One of them is a Space Marine in regular power armour, a chainaxe and a plasmapistol who became Khornes greatest mortal champion.
The other one is the guy the chaosgods can't stop jacking off to, armed with the finest terminator armour that was available back then and a sword that has ADB and his love for chaosdick as a superpower.

You tell me why Kharn is a great dude in comparison.
>>
>>52270544
This is something about Khorne I dont get; if he considers himself a warrior god and and values martial prowess than why does he reward "warriors" who think they are edgy and hardcore for slaughtering women, children, civilians etc. That should be worse than cowardice because they are essentially just posers, which Khorne despises
>>
>>52273148
The Chaos gods are chaotic. It's literally in their name you fucking retard.
Khorne is both about honourable combat and slaughtering the innocents because Khorne does not care from whence the blood flows.
>>
File: 1397772077394.png (21KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1397772077394.png
21KB, 300x309px
>>52269756
>mfw I love the new model, but the Gorechild is half the size it should be
>>
>>52272730
seconding this
>>
File: Let the blood flow....jpg (824KB, 1216x1658px) Image search: [Google]
Let the blood flow....jpg
824KB, 1216x1658px
>>52271015
>How do the World Eaters even function?
Like this
>>52273148
If you go apeshit and start killing everything around you, by the end of the day you have either offered your blood to Khorne or proven yourself to him. Khorne is a very simple god to understand and while almost everyone recognizes this, they still don't understand how he thinks
>>
>>52269911
Goofy shit was what gave geedubs personality. I liked seeing the art with improvised creatures and shady characters that weren't already models. It was a goldmine of inspiration and ideas
>>
>>52269756
>can't drop a mere $28 on it after discount

Clearly you don't want it bad enough since it's not a lot of money in general. Yeah it's a lot of money for a single 32mm monopose, but if people want it bad enough they will pay for it.

"I want this soooooo bad...but only if it'sa good deal or a bargain!" said nobody ever. It's always "I want this so bad....but I can't afford it". Thus proving you're all poorfags for not being able to afford $35. If you don't want to pay $35, you clearly don't want it that bad. "$35 for Kharn? I don't want him that bad"

35 ain't even a lot of money.
>>
>>52270716
Feel like your splitting hairs as you knew exactly what I meant
>>
File: IMG_4450.jpg (80KB, 333x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4450.jpg
80KB, 333x441px
>>52273526
Pick up the old Gorechild on eBay? Old Kharn goes for between five and ten dollars.
>>
>>52270108
To a degree. He'd still lose it and go on murderous rampages
>>
>>52269668
What's wrong with that pic? I like it.
>>
>>52276221
OP being a faggot, as usual.
>>
>>52273526
Must hate the old model. It's just a cool looking chainaxe.
>>
File: 9a4.jpg (12KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
9a4.jpg
12KB, 294x273px
>>52271283
pretty good anon
>>
>>52269708
Look up Graham's Number and how they did the notation for that.

This is your answer.
>>
>>52271686
Aura of Dark Glory at the very lest, and his armor has likely fused with his flesh at this point.
>>
>>52271686
Probably not many, he's clearly a near-perfect killing machine already. Khorne knows better than to fuck with a good thing. Fucking with perfection just means less blood and skulls, not more. And that's not OK.
>>
Anyone who still thinks Kharn is just some raving lunatic should read Chosen Of Khorne by Anthony Reynolds. He's not irrational, just completely and utterly dedicated to the Eightfold Path and to hunting down any who violate it's principles.

He's like an extremely practical high priest of Khorne who goes around spouting his philosophy while he kills everything around him.
>>
>>52275149
How was your mother this morning, anon, before you left for school?
>>
>>52269668

Why the vitriol? You off your meds or something? Somebody didn't get their happiness suppository this morning?
>>
>>52275149
Don't know about him, but I work 60 hours/week and all the money that doesn't go to the basic needs for living I don't get to keep. My "luxury" budget this year consists of roughly 500 $ which is supposed to cover my neckbeard needs such as books, miniatures and I'm planing on making a mail for myself
>>
>>52273148
the thing is in old lore they don't get rewarded at all. instead they are being hunted down by khorne's hounds and rent to bits. be a shit warrior - get the bitch ending you deserve.
nowadays it's all "khorne cares not whence the blood flows" shit.
>>
>>52277056
It's funny cause when I was a kid $20 was a fortune and now it ain't shit. Guess you just outed yourself as the real underaged nigger here.
>>
>>52273757
What a swell guy, that Kharn
>>
>>52272881
>punching several times with a power fist
>attempting to drive an Emporer-killing sword to his neck
>holding back
You should give the guy more credit. Regular power armor with a missing pauldron vs the best warp-blessed, semiarcheotech terminator armor. Amd even then a victory (assuming getting stabbed in the neck would kill someone like Kharn right away anyway) would've cost Abbadoo an arm.
>>
File: Khorne lost his meds.jpg (267KB, 1174x817px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne lost his meds.jpg
267KB, 1174x817px
>>52277279
That was back when Tzeentch fucked with his drinking water. Luckily he has recovered from that
>>
>>52270165
>also the counter is a bit of archeotech given to him by Horus.
Why the fuck do you need archeotech to count kills? *That* is the dumbest part of this entire thing.
>>
>>52277659
Because ain't nobody got time to manually increment a kill counter during a fight.
>>
>>52270716
>Khorne will take blood from anywhere but skulls gotta mean something.
That should be the second part of the Khorne quote.

"Khorne cares not whence the blood flows, but skulls gotta mean something."
>>
>>52277279
>what is a Bloodthrister of Insensate Rage
>>
>>52269668
hi virt
>>
>>52277659
>Why the fuck do you need archeotech to count kills?
Because humans believe that praying and incenses will make your OS not crash
>>
>>52269668
Now I want to play a Black Crusade character who'll be a Khornate CSM with a brain implant counting the kills.
He is rival with another CSM who has the same implant.
Objective is to have more kills than his rival.
Counter gets bonus if kills are multiple and creative.
So the PC wants to provoke massive onslaughts, wars, explosions, sneaky brutally, and each time the counter increases, he joyfully sing the record.
Rival is equally as stupidly joyful as he is.

It is stupid but as Black Crusade is about being edgy I think joyful and creative edgy is funnier than grim and plain edgy.
>>
>>52276740
I feel like these Up Arrows are trying to make things more confusion than they are.

3 UP 3 is just 3^3.
3 UP2^2 3 is just 3^(3^3) or 3^27.
3 UP^3 3 is just, I presume, 3^[3^(3^3)] or 3^(3^27) or 3^7625597484987, right?

For some reason, all the notations I see continue the exponent example until UP^3, but it's not any different, right? Instead, they write shit like "This is now 3 UP (3 UP (3 UP (3 UP(... (3 UP 3), with a total of 7625597484987 3's." But that's still just 3^7625597484987 as far as I understand.

Anyways, for the people curious about Graham's Number but don't feel like taking 3 seconds to google it, it's just a bit more than this.

Continuing that pattern, we get 3 UP^4 3, which is 3^(3^7625597484987) I can't write "or X" here because that number is way too fucking large, even for scientific notation. We call this number g1.

So g1 = 3 UP^4 3 = 3^(3^7625597484987)

g2 = 3 UP^g1 3 = 3 UP^3^(3^7625597484987) 3

This is a fuckhuge leap in count that I obviously cannot even simplify with exponents, because there's now 3^(3^7625597484987) of those exponents. And this new number, well beyond human human comprehension, is just the "g2" in

g3 = 3 UP^g2 3

then

g4 = 3 UP^g3 3

g5 = 3 UP^g4 3

g6 = 3 UP^g5 3

and continue that process until

g64 = 3 UP^g63 3

g64 is Graham's Number.
>>
>>52279222
Oh, I see. UP^3 is totally different.

3 UP 3 = 3^3
3 UP^2 3 = 3 UP (3 UP 3) = 3^(3^3) = 3^27
but
3 UP^2 4 = 3 UP (3 UP (3 UP 3)) = 3^[3^(3^3)] = 3^7625597484987

The number after UP^2 is how many times that number is being UP'd. Likewise, the number after UP^3 is how many times the number is being UP^2'd. So

3 UP^3 3 = 3 UP^2 (3 UP^2 (3 UP^2 3)
so since 3 UP^2 3 = 3^27, that is

3 UP^2 (3 UP^2 (3^27))
or
3 UP^2 (3 UP^2 7625597484987)

To solve inside the parenthesis, that's 3^3^3^3^3^3^3^3^...^3 done with a total of 7625597484987 3's. AND THEN, whatever that number is (call it X), you have to do once more for the first 3 UP^2, doing 3^3^3^...^3 with a total of X 3's.

So yeah, Up Arrows are entirely different from exponents. It was just the convenience of 3 UP^2 3 that confused me. Wow, that number is even more fuckhueg than I thought.
>>
>>52269708
Because even if he killed the entire population of the Imperium twice you could still easily fit the number on half a line of text on an A4 sheet.
>>
>>52277744
And yet they also have, and still make, adaptive logic engines and machines that can accurately communicate with neural networks.

A kill-counter is something a bumfuck Adept could invent, it's Archaeotech purely for special-points.
>>
>>52271524
>>52271824

This. I remember reading it in WD. Makes me sick that /tg/, and particularly its 40k fanbase, is so newfaggy.
>>
>>52277659
How would any non-magic device ever be able to precisely count all of Kharn's kills? All the collateral damage and kills that aren't immediately visible?
>>
I always wondered if the helmet has speakers that scream "double kill!/Tripple kill/Ultra Kill/Rampage/Overkill/Killtacular/" when he slaughters people. Would be rad as fuck
>>
>>52273031
toppest kek
this is now official head cannon and the best thing i've seen today
>>
>>52275149
Kharn costs 38 USD after discount in my region from the cheapest store (I believe full price its 46 USD)
Thats more than a box of Berserkers. Half the Price of a Triumvirate or Bloodthirster. More so there are hero blisters for 14 USD now.

Tl;dr kill yourself you underage GW fanboi
>>
>tfw chinaman kharn cost me 5 $
I'll tell you if it's good or not, still didn't arrive
>>
>>52277632
>>punching several times with a power fist

The Talon of Horus is not a powerfist. It's a Power Claw. Abaddon balled it up and punched Kharn with it instead of using it the proper way as in slashing,shredding, and impaling. The first strike was too fast for Kharn to react and avoid. If Abaddon wished, he would horribly maimed Kharn or straight up killed him.

There is also the part where Abaddon grabbed Kharn's arm. He vould have easily crushed and shredded it with the Talon by applying some pressure. I mean Abaddon once grabbed a whole Eldar warlock with the Talon and reduced him to chunks of meat. If Abaddon really wanted to maim Kharn he would have done that instead of carefully throwing him away to seemingly create distance between them in order to keep Kharn in one piece.

The most damning fact is that Abaddon didn't see Kharn as enough of a threat to draw upon the power of Drach'nyen. Heck, even when the Bloodthirster showed up, Abaddon was willing to fight Kharn and the greater daemon should the daemon refuse him what was promised by Khorne.
>>
>>52280628
>(I believe full price its 46 USD)

You're fucking retarded when you can look up its USD on GW's site and see it's clearly far below that. And no, GW doesn't sell HQs for 14 USD.
>>
>>52280628
Do tell us more about how mature and adult you are by whining about $38. It's so pleasing to hear
>>
>>52284698
I'm talking about my region you stupid fuck im using USD conversion so everyone can understand it. Im also talking about discounts for the heroes.
Get the fuck off 4chan you illiterate kid.
>>
>>52284738
>not a single comma
>im
>Im
>illiterate
>kid

lol holy shit
>>
>>52270716
Well people are gonna notice if most of his throne are tiny little children and cat skulls, it would look stupid. Meanwhile bloods blood, who's gonna be able to tell where that came from? Just stick a million pigeons in a giant mashing machine and leave it at that.
>>
>>52273757
Why did he do that? Just because he stumbled upon those guys?
>>
>>52284712
Wouldn't an adult logically be more concerned about spending excess amounts of money because they actually had to earn it themselves rather then getting it from their parents?
>>
>>52285332
Exactly, and the best way to not waste money is to not buy miniatures.

Therefore, we are all manchildren. QED.
>>
File: Zapp.jpg (70KB, 997x759px) Image search: [Google]
Zapp.jpg
70KB, 997x759px
>>52269668
>>52269708
>You see Kharn has a pre-set kill limit. Know his weakness, I sent wave after wave of me own men at him, until he reached his limit and shut down.
>>
>>52286182
>Kiff: Ugh.
>>
>>52285332
Yes. One Kharn is two hours of work after taxes. It has a pretty real value now that I have to work for it.
>>
>>52270353
Actually read Realms of Chaos and you'll find out there were rules for Khornate wizards.
>>
>>52271524
Was that the one in Inferno where he was attacking the Slaaneshi fortress or something?
>>
Did Kharn ever lost a match?
What happens when he loses?
Did he ever find a foe who makes him tremble with excitement in combat?
>>
>>52279913
kek
i read it with the quake announcer voice
>>
>>52285266

Kharn was killing shit. He ran out of shit to kill. Then he stumbled upon some things he could kill.

Seems straightforward.
>>
>>52275149
I can afford to pay 9 dollars for a coffee, hell I can afford to pay for it every day if I really want to. But I don't because that's fucking retarded. Just Cuz you have the money for something doesn't mean youre gonna spend it on something overpriced for what it is. Once you get a job, and and no longer running on an allowance you'll understand that.
>>
>>52279913
Pretty sure he tries to get Killingmanharos all the time
>>
>>52287414
The guys an idiot. Original guy, I don't buy Kharn because Kharn is $60 dollaroos.
>>
>>52269971
>well as i remember originally khornates were simply psychopaths. they didn't kill for challenge or prove themselves or some shit, or to further any goals, simply because they were insane and driven by base lust for murder.

What part of "It matters not from wence the blood flows" do you not understand? There is no set moral obligation followers have to abide by other than A. Not being a bitch B. Not being a bitch that uses magic C. taking skulls
>>
>>52270026
Have you read that novella series BL did about him? In that he was actually pretty together. There's even a moment while World Eating some White Scars where he stops behind some cover to do some trigonometry.

Hell, the whole story arc in that was Kharn learning to see beyond just MAIM KILL BURN and becoming a leader.
>>
>>52279222
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuth%27s_up-arrow_notation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentation
>>
>>52269668
>so kharn is a tryhard edgy mlg faggot now
>now
Khârn's kill counter has been established lore since 1996, and that's just the first time I remember reading about it.
>>
>>52283238
Sorry, but he tried to cut him several times with the sword. The first blow was probably holding back, the rest of the fight though, I don't think so. He was trying to stab Kharn in the neck with it when the Bloodthrister arrived. There also being the fact that even Kharn noticed Abadoo was in a fit of Khornate rage during that fight, specially after Kharn fucked up his knee.

That whole fight had terrible writing. Not only are both characters massively stronger in Codex fluff than it was portrayed there, but also Abbadon is somehow not crippled after having his fucking knee cut with a Primarch weapon. Abby can't seem to make up his mind about whether he wants to kill Kharn or not and switches from letal to non-letal force, making him seem like a retard who doesn't know how to use his weapons right. Then the fact that both combatants are so out of character during the fight... Abby behaving like a spoiled brat throwing a fit because he didn't get his way (different from his cool collected self shown in fluff and other books) and Kharn for some reason not going Berserk, not even seeming angry like in every other piece of source material.

Not even saying Kharn is stronger, but even though the whole fight was so poorly written you can tell Abby stopped holding back the moment Kharn fucked up his knee.
>>
>>52287357
Pre-heresy Kharn lost all the time in the arenas. He was also impaled by Loken on a Land Raider during the Heresy, and was 'killed' in the siege of Terra.

Post heresy though? Not really.
>>
>>52280628
lel these GW prices. GW and their Age of Sigmar/Girlyman can rot in piss.
>>
>>52269668
>oh wow, is this shit from ward lore?

This is from Slaves to Darkness 1988 background, except now only applied to Kharn.

I would say OP is a faggot but then I'd be insulting the faggots out there who can at least appreciate background lore

>>52287258
>Actually read Realms of Chaos and you'll find out there were rules for Khornate wizards.

They were either
a. (in the background) enslaved and forced to make magical war equipment
b. Generated in the rules as a wizard and even then they lost their highest magic level if given the Mark of Khorne

Btw I miss when the Mark of Khorne gave Chaos Armor rather than some bullshit rage/counterattack
>>
>>52287324
Yes, that's the one. I also first read it in Inferno way back. The story is also featured in compilation books, such as "Let the Galaxy burn."
>>
>>52287414

If you REALLY wanted a coffee then you'd pay $9 for it. You don't pay $9 for coffee because you don't want the coffee that bad. Get it? Dumbass. Don't say you want somethign SOOOOO BAAAAD but not really enough to pay for it.
>>
>>52287414
Guess everyone that buys beer and franks at a ballpark isn't a working adult. Hell, anyone that goes to a sporting event period isn't an adult because they can watch it for free at home.

Once you get a brain and are no longer running on shitposts you'll understand that.
>>
>>52287780
I read that one book, Kharn: Eater of Worlds.
Even though he just appears for a short time and is more dead than alive for most of the book, when he finally comes back from the dead, he's shown to be both a smart, calm man who could lead a legion and a raging beast who can take out a squad of terminators (I believe they were terminators, but don't quote me on that) in CQC with his bare hands.
>>
File: 1371593121336.jpg (25KB, 268x376px) Image search: [Google]
1371593121336.jpg
25KB, 268x376px
I want to run a Kharn Murderhorde of Berzerkers but the GW ones are shit and FW somehow stopped selling World Eater 40k Upgrade bits.
Really liked them and can only hope this is a sign for new plastic Zerkers down the line.
I'd still like those heads and the Termi upgrades as well.
>>
File: 20170321182501_1.jpg (101KB, 401x752px) Image search: [Google]
20170321182501_1.jpg
101KB, 401x752px
This thread almost makes me want to invest some points in the khornate stuff in eternal crusade, get me some MAIM KILL BURN on.

Then I look over at how good I'm doing with my traitor and ask myself why I'd want to rock the boat.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.