[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look, I know it's a shitposting meme but how do I make 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Fighter_PHB5e.jpg (493KB, 1000x1511px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter_PHB5e.jpg
493KB, 1000x1511px
Look, I know it's a shitposting meme but how do I make 5e fighters do damage? Or at least re-purpose my character as I convert him from DPS Fighter from Pathfinder to 5e.

We're starting at level 3 again, same character, same coin and gem wealth, single uncommon magic item available. Human Fighter, basic stat array.
>>
>>52265299
Two-handed polearm, Great Weapon Master feat, Sentinel Feat, Polearm Master feat. You can be battlemaster or champion, both are good for doing damage, but champion is more boring.
>>
You've got two options:
1. Sharpshooter build. Take the Archery fighting style, grab the Sharpshooter fighting style at 4th level (or 1st if you're a variant human that starts with a feat). Go Battle Master, take Precision Strike as one of your maneuvers.

2. Great Weapon build. Start with a greatsword. Take either Great Weapon Fighting or Defense--the actual damage increase makes the higher defense more worthwhile. Take the Great Weapon Master feat at 4th level (or 1st if you're a variant human). Go Battle Master, take Precision Strike as one of your maneuvers.

Alternative builds are longsword and shield with the Shield Master feat or a halberd/glaive with Polearm Master or Sentinel. Both are good control and put out decent damage regardless, the two builds I mentioned previously are just fuck-huge damage.
>>
>>52265350
The Great Weapon build seems most like what my character used to be, but can I use a Maul instead?
>>
>>52265514
You can, but polearms are superior to other weapons, because they have a feat (and a good one at that), while all others do not.
>>
>>52265535
Yeah, I see your point. But hammers are fucking rad...
>>
>>52265299
not to distract from your topic but, what culture does your fighter guy pic hail from. looks interesting.
>>
>>52265585
It's the fighter from the 5e manual.

I think it's a combination of Zulu, North African and Byzantine.
>>
File: mesopotamia_ashurnasirpal2.jpg (265KB, 1600x1056px) Image search: [Google]
mesopotamia_ashurnasirpal2.jpg
265KB, 1600x1056px
>>52265585
His hairstlye is mesopotamian.
>>
>>52265563
Refluff your polearm of choice as a long hammer.
>>
>>52265792
...You know that discussion that comes up, where people say 'fuck it, you can reskin any magical effect as a different magical effect, regardless of you ridiculous, because magic'?
Yeah, reskinning 'large object used for jabbing and tripping' as 'big fucking hammer' is even more retarded.
>>
>>52268611
So give it a fucking blunt damage descriptor instead of slashing like a halberd.

It's not like you are going to be rolling anything differently.

Fucking autists, I swear...
>>
>>52268611
What is a polehammer
>>
>>52265299
take the meta feats
>>
>>52268611
D&D is not a game where weapon types actually matter. Nothing would be affected by treating it as a big fucking hammer
>>
File: 1464377855079.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464377855079.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>52265299
Battlemaster; in most scenarios you'll get enough rest that you'll outdamage a champion if you're actually using your maneuvers.
The most damage you can do as a Fighter is with a Hand Crossbow and the Crossbow Expert and Sharpshooter feats
>CE feat allows shooting a crossbow multiple times per round, as well as bonus action hand crossbow attack
>Sharpshooter allows you the full 120 ft range without disadvantage, ignore cover, and importantly you can power attack for -5 to hit +10 to damage
>Take Archery fighting style for a big passive accuracy boost
>For maneuvers, Precision Attack for accuracy boost when you really need to hit especially stacking on the power attack, any number of them that give bonus damage and an effect on hit that work at range suck as Tripping or Menacing attack
At level 5, you can use action surge to loose 5 bolts in a single round, dropping up to 5 * (1d6 + Dex + 10) damage.

Shortly behind this build is the option of Polearm Master and/or Great Weapon Master shenanigans, but the archery fighting style gets an accuracy instead of raw damage boost that makes the power attack more viable.
Remember, if you're trying to be a minmaxing cunt you can be a Variant Human and get a feat at level 1.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.