[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone run a Delta Green scenario recently? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1238104356976.jpg (377KB, 1977x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1238104356976.jpg
377KB, 1977x1413px
Has anyone run a Delta Green scenario recently? I'm thinking of running a triplet (Last Things Last, The Last Equation, the Night Floors) and I'm wondering how hard to ride my players over their tradecraft or lack thereof.
>>
>>52260477
>I'm wondering how hard to ride my players over their tradecraft or lack thereof

It depends on how much NCIS/Homeland/whatever TV show with federal agencies they have watched and how much they could realistically expect to know about their agency's tradecraft.

It's a good question because I have played with non-Americans that don't "get" how the 3 letter agencies "work" and what they could realistically be able to be equipped with.

I say guide them and reign them in when necessary.
>>
File: Laundry_cover.jpg (461KB, 464x600px) Image search: [Google]
Laundry_cover.jpg
461KB, 464x600px
>>52260477
I'm running "The Laundry" which is easily the best ISO 9001 certified interpretation of Cthulu I have ever seen.

It combines the best aspects of Cthulu mythos and monster hunting with the accurate representation of govt bureaucracy and red tape.
>>
>>52260533
>I say guide them and reign them in when necessary.
It's a pity, becuase I sort of want to give them enough room to screw themselves with the powers they have. I'd rather let them beat a suspect then have IA chase them than just tell them they "don't feel right." or use the GM patented "are you sure?"
>>
>>52260571
I would like to know more.
>>
File: heads.jpg (172KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
heads.jpg
172KB, 500x693px
>>52260747
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+laundry+files+charles+stross
>>
>>52260747
It's based on a British series of novels that are basically Delta Green, written in the style of Terry Pratchett.
>>
>>52260623
>It's a pity, becuase I sort of want to give them enough room to screw themselves with the powers they have.

Well then do that.
>>
>>52260824
>basically Delta Green, written in the style of Terry Pratchett.

Well I'm fucking sold.
>>
File: !wut.gif (127KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
!wut.gif
127KB, 500x279px
>>52260477
You're gonna have to explain the finer points of tradecraft to general roleplayers, especially if their only point of reference is fantasy RPGs.

I recommend the tradecraft section in Spycraft: World on Fire.

That or Night's Black Agents, it's pretty good too.
>>
File: praise toyota.jpg (111KB, 1125x752px) Image search: [Google]
praise toyota.jpg
111KB, 1125x752px
>>52260477
Fuck no, for the same reason I don't run anything that could conceivably involve modern firearm related tactics or go to /k/ to see ignorant dipshits argue about things they don't understand. Most people don't know shit about how the relevant agencies and their procedures actually work and it rankles me too much.

I would consider it if given an entire group that genuinely knows their shit, but that seems like a long shot.
>>
>>52260843
It's fucking great. The first book's antagonists are Saddam-era Iranians, [SPOILERS], and management.
>>
>>52262977
Iraqis, fuck. I don't know how the hell I messed that up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.