[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think about my paper tokens ? As I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: received_10202775384783446.jpg (75KB, 720x1196px) Image search: [Google]
received_10202775384783446.jpg
75KB, 720x1196px
What does /tg/ think about my paper tokens ?
As I don't want to spend too much on this side, and as I have a printer I decided to try this. Made everything on Inkscape and went for old school design as my printer is B/W only anyway.
>>
I created an easy template in which you just have to plug in the picture you want. I only did medium size as of now, will do other sizes later.
>>
>>52246041

Those are badass. Got a PDF or zip or something?
>>
>>52246041
Honestly, I've seen better paper standees. Do they have a rear view?
>>
File: Goblin Token.png (84KB, 674x189px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Token.png
84KB, 674x189px
>>52247437
Well here is the Goblin token png.

>>52247533
Yeah I know, and no it doesn't, I don't draw them so...
>>
File: tumblr_omuc7eOkQO1twabyxo1_1280.jpg (520KB, 1280x1075px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omuc7eOkQO1twabyxo1_1280.jpg
520KB, 1280x1075px
They look neat.

I really like Printable Heroes, Trash Mob Minis, etc., but if you made a whole range of B&W old-school style tokens I'd legally pay for them.
>>
>>52247773
Yeah Printable Heores looks amazing, I had the idea of doing my shit when I saw his.
I will do a couple for my incomming session (Wave Echo Cave, so lots of different monsters). If it looks neat I was thinking about uploading it do DMs Guild, with a "Pay what you want" price.

It really is the "I'm a student and I have no cash" way of making tokens.
>>
If I had a printer I'd do the same thing. But I'm not a dad.
You should make them colorful though, that way it's easier to see stuff at a quick glance without glare and shadows obfuscating the pieces.
>>
>>52247955
I'm a student actually, I have a shitton of work to return as paper copies, and it's cheaper than printing it at school.

And yeah, but sadly my printer is only B/W. But If I could I would do them in color, like Printable Heroes as >>52247773 showed. What this guy does is just incredible.
>>
>>52247974
But there is also a little something about B/W Monsters in the AD&D Monster Manual. I don't know, it looks neat.
>>
File: HBWMc68.jpg (177KB, 700x356px) Image search: [Google]
HBWMc68.jpg
177KB, 700x356px
>>52247907
If you're using AD&D artwork there might be some legal trouble, but you could try playing with Inkscape to make simplified, vectorized versions? High-res line art could be popular with the OSR crowd, and if you release the vectors themselves it would be easier to customize and cut them out.

>>52247955
Again, check out Printable Heroes and Trash Mob Minis. Very cartoony but if you're cool with that, they have a lot of character.
>>
>>52248051
Problem being that I am very very shitty at drawing and stuff... But yeah, I was thinking about distributing it freely anyway, not selling it.
But I could get my gf on board and see if she can draw things that would attract the OSR crowd. Thanks for the tip.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.