[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This pack of wolves wants to fight your group of armed adventures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Pack-of-wolves.jpg (283KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pack-of-wolves.jpg
283KB, 1600x1000px
This pack of wolves wants to fight your group of armed adventures to the death, rather than hunt a deer or something else that don't fight back
>>
Wild Empathy is a thing, depending on the system.

If it's not, God help the wolves
>>
>>52244011
The deer are dead because of the cursed land they dwell in, and the wolves are starving and desperate.
>>
>>52244011

Every new group I get gets subjected to this little stealth test.

>Early on, soon after leaving the first "safe" area, they get attacked by a large group of weak bandits/monsters/pirates/whatever is appropriate for setting.
>The salient points is that they're after the PCs money, have no personal involvement, there are a lot of them, they are individually extremely weak, and even as a group they pose little actual threat to the party.
>Assuming they aren't complete incompetents or the random dice gods aren't extremely angry, players will get the upper hand very quickly.
>Baddies will scatter and flee when their fortunes (quickly) turn against them.

People who start complaining about how I'm robbing them of loot or XP get a stern talking to, or an outright boot if they seem to not get it. If it's multiple people all complaining, I leave the group.
>>
>>52244120
My personal philosophy for XP or XP equivalents is I don't reward XP for killing enemies, but for handling situations. A robber is attacking a young woman for her necklace. You can outright kill the bandit, hold him for the guards, talk him down, or distract him long enough for the woman to get to safety, then disengage. All are valid, and all have equivalent rewards, though I guess if you kill him you can take his boots, but I digress.

This stance has actually recently become weird, as in a Pokemon game I am running it is actually a bad idea to fight everything they see.
>>
>>52244228

Mine is somewhat similar, but the point I was trying to make was actually slightly different. Even IF we were playing a system where they only got XP for killing the monsters, the baddies have motivations and goals of their own, and if you see them as existing primarily so that you the PC can get something, you probably shouldn't be playing an RPG at all.
>>
>>52244011
>deer
>something else that don't fight back
mah dude, for your health and safety, never go innawoods while a rut is happening
You have no idea how often people will think deer are so nice and peaceful, and try to go near before getting trampled to death
>>
>>52244011
Mate, in medieval Europe and early USA winter-starved wolves were a real hazard for armed travelers.

Take your historically illiterate pseudopacifism somewhere else.
>>
Don't you have to do a rather long list of fuckups to get attacked by wolves?
>>
>>52246974
Speaking of historically illiterate...

Yeah, the creature that averages less than one-hundred pounds in weight when it is not starving and needs to stick its face right up against its foe to do significant damage could pose a threat to an armed human. If they bring an appropriate amount of friends, of course.

However, I think most animals aren't quite willing to make that trade-off unless it really is a do-or-die situation. In the historical examples I remember, wolves are noted as preying on the young and infirm. They were certainly a danger to less capable categories of people, or even lone travelers, but groups of armed adventurers rarely fit what any wolf is likely to even attempt to take on.
>>
File: get to bring.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
get to bring.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>52247755

>If they bring an appropriate amount of friends, of course.

Uh...
>>
Tame them
Were apparently a bunch of armored knights, so i tame them then pimp them with full steel plate and helmet
Then teach them how to wield sword in there mouth sif style
>>
So these wolves were obviously under some form of influence from something or someone that wants us dead but can't or won't show up to do the deed in person. Barring alternative explanations this is the most obvious conclusion.
>>
>>52244011
wow, sounds frightining

>>52247867
do it, do it now
>>
>>52247789
I had a dream about CIA and Baneposting last night, it was surreal as fuck.
>>
>>52244011
I roll to seduce
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.