[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to wonder, how can sneks possible serve as party members?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

I have to wonder, how can sneks possible serve as party members? They can't carry loot, they can't fight, they can't cast spells except as still spells. So why do so many parties have them as members?
>>
>>52233045
They can crawl into small areas, detect magic with boops, and have very low food requirements.
>>
I don't know what OP's on about, but somebody post that Legion of Superheroes snake with the robotic arms!
>>
>>52233055
They're also good for morale.
>>
>>52233045

They're small and easily concealable and don't take up too many resources. I mean, a snake wizard standing on the head of a wizard is ultimately a wizard that can cast twice as many spells.
>>
>>52233431
How does a snek even train to be a wizard? They can't cast regular spells because they don't have arms.
>>
>>52233045
Are sneks a common thing as party members? I could see it as familiars, or druids who turn into sneks, or lamias, but I don't hear about non-bear animals being PCs that often.

Also, snakes could definitely fight as long as they can reach what they're fighting (i.e. the enemy isn't flying with magic or some shit) and as long as the enemy wasn't too large, they're built as efficient killing machines. You'd have to use grapple rules most likely, though.
>>
>>52233490
They wobble.
A lot.
>>
>>52233490
>They can't cast regular spells because they don't have arms.

Nah, see, you don't need arms or hands to cast magic. It's all about the shapes and gestures and shit, not the body part you use to make them. They just need to wriggle their noodle bodies around in the right way and bam! mothafuckin fireball.
>>
>>52233528
That sounds absolutely adorable.

But what about the verbal component?
>>
>>52233551
>But what about the verbal component?

You'd be surprised how many magical incantations are comprised primarily of 's' sounds.
>>
>>
>>52233590
Considering most people default to "draconic" and their go-to magic language, I'm not all that surprised at all. Though that may be because in 3.5 Wizards added Draconic to their list of bonus languages.
>>
>>52233490
Thats why they need magic. To use their telekinesis to compensate for theit lack of limbs.

Although I'd love to see a super intelligent snake use technology designed for snake ergonomics with large tail controls, non xy concepts, and a greater understanding of fluid and rope/thread based tech since they are pretty much like living rope.
>>
File: Snake!Plisken.png (42KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Snake!Plisken.png
42KB, 1200x800px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.