[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just started playing DnD, had third session today, and out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: druid disgust.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
druid disgust.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
i just started playing DnD, had third session today, and out of our group of 7, i already see two "that guy"s.
i'll start with the lesser one.
a warlock that has described himself as a perfect looking, beautiful kleptomaniac that hates gold.

literally does not interact with the party outside of trying to steal anything of value we have, and threathening that he'll PK anyone that handles anything gold, that he can see. (yes this includes coins)

second, and even worse "that guy", is our rogue (of course). male player playing chaotic neutral female character. made a fucking 15 minute long presentation of his back-story (that he's super proud of and retells parts of as often as possible, the whole thing is a cringe-fest straight out of hell), that basically boils down to: thief that got caught by bandits, raped to death, resurrected by unspecified godess of fertility, has dagger that vibrates when close to rapists, only goal in life is to kill all rapists in the world. spends most of his turns praying to said unspecified goddess of fertility, and checking if his dagger is vibrating. somehow manages to be less useful than our bard that does nothing but spam prestidigitation (managed to lure some wolves away from the goblins we were going to kill, by creating a scent of meat in the other side of the cave).

is there anything someone a bit more experienced than me can come up with to deal with these guys?

as a side note, i'm playing a wood elf druid, who's backstory and traits boil down to: cowardly but tries to be brave, uses alcohol as substitute for actual bravery. i'm stuck being both the tank, and the main damage dealer, as well as off-healer, because the combat of our 7-man campaign is practically completely left to me, the cleric, and the dwarf monk that refuses to use armor (wears nothing but a bath-robe)
oh and btw, supreme "that guy" insists on being called "V the Violated" even OOC.
>>
>>52231034
What edition and what level?

If 5e, being a druid makes you super-powerful by the time you hit level 2. Warlock can't do much when he's being mauled by a bear. Use gold as normal, which will provoke him into a fight he can't win (or has to struggle in, anyway).
>>
>>52231034
Leave or kill the characters the first chance you get.

The warlock is easy simply act as normal and the minute he tries some shit go at him full force and kill him.

The rogue...just never back him up. Ever. In any combat try to make it so you and him square off against whatever threat. Isolating yourselves with "we got it" or some shit.
Then never actually assist them in any fight.

Best I can think of.

You could also just tell them how cringy they are being and they are actively making the game less enjoyable.
>>
>>52231034
ask the DM how he wants to handle Mr. PK. any answer other than "his attack will fail guaranteed" means you should ignore the player and play until PK follows through, then walk away. There is no salvaging Mr. PK, but you might be able to salvage the DM.

antirapist is harmless.

ignore your backstory and take the initiative since these jokers will not do so.
>>
>>52231034
If you're all new, you could try to remind them that it's supposed to be a team game.

If they're experienced, it's possible that you might have to kill them.
>>
>>52231782
>might have to kill them

I hope you mean both in and out of game context here.
>>
>>52231825
Yes.
>>
>>52231034
>Run a 5e game regularly for a rotating roster of players

>Two of them have been playing consistently

>The party is exploring a demonstrably dangerous underground vault of underdark

>They find a deep recess built within a stretch of derelict, colonnaded stone highway

>Hey, there's treasure inside, let's all go inside the 10x10 pit

>Turns out, it was a lure laid out by a ravenous Vrock and you guys fell for it

>The newbie decides to protect the party with a clever use of one of her spells, lands a crit on the first player, knocking him out anyway

>"Anon, you didn't calculate the CR properly!, it's only the 3 of us tonight so CR rules don't apply!" "Yeah, what were you thinking?"

>Players eventually defeat the vrock in an intense battle by working as a team despite being pushed to their limit, newbie doesn't bitch the whole time.

>"Aww man, that was awesome!"

>No apologies, no thanks, just players being players.
>>
"hey man, this is a team game. just because you can kick the ball towards your own goal in soccer doesn't mean that would make it fun."

as for the guy with the rape fantasy i honestly don't know, someone with that lack of self awareness can not be reasoned with.

Talk to the GM, tell him about your concerns, if he doesn't see an issue find a new group.
>>
>>52231034
Get into a drunken rage!
>>
>>52231034
Nice try, but totally fake.
"V the Violated" was a bit too much.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.