[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>empathy and introspection rolled into charisma >sensorial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>empathy and introspection rolled into charisma
>sensorial capability and common sense rolled into wisdom
>perception is a skill
>armor doesnt give DR

Why is this allowed?
>>
>wanting 12 different stats rather than a nice compact game
>thinking that a sword hitting solid steel plate is going to do any damage at all
>>
None are as bad as being a dumb frogposter.
>>
Because it's not a realistic system. Now shut up and tell us this "perfect" system you like that has no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>52227172
Because you haven't released your fantasy heartbreaker that fixes all of it and changes how everyone designs their games.
>>
>>52227172
>frogposting rolled into 4chan
>>
>>52227210
This.

Fuck off, frogposter.
>>
>>52227172

>empathy and introspection rolled into charisma
>sensorial capability and common sense rolled into wisdom

I don't understand the issue.

>perception is a skill

Having keen senses doesn't do shit unless you've trained yourself to pay attention to the right details. Observation is most definitely a skill.

>armor doesnt give DR

Here's the thing about armor: it's designed to stop fast moving pieces of metal from entering your body. If said pieces of metal manage to punch through your armor, you may as well have not been wearing any, because whether you were wearing boiled leather or the finest mitrhil fullplate isn't going to make your internal organs any more or less punctured. If anything, you're more fucked the more you're wearing because it's going to make proper treatment more complicated.

Now, I could see an argument for significant blows dealing a certain amount of nonlethal if they rolled high but didn't beat the target's AC, but when you really think about it, AC is the only armor system that makes sense.
>>
>>52229434
Don't bump frogposts.
>>
>>52227210
Huh.
Upon examination, this is objectively true.
>>
>>52229469
Kill yourself, autist. If there's a topic to discuss, there's no reason not to discuss it.
>>
>>52229469
Oops
>>
>>52229434
>Here's the thing about armor: it's designed to stop fast moving pieces of metal from entering your body. If said pieces of metal manage to punch through your armor, you may as well have not been wearing any, because whether you were wearing boiled leather or the finest mitrhil fullplate isn't going to make your internal organs any more or less punctured. If anything, you're more fucked the more you're wearing because it's going to make proper treatment more complicated.

For piercing weapons, maybe. Less so for slashes.
>>
>>52229570
Until OP, or another anon, responds with suggested alternatives, I'd say it's been discussed.

>>52229434
This anon did a nice summation.
We could argue over DR versus AC, but his point regarding armor either working or not is valid.
>>
>>52229642
>>52229570
That said, This *is* /tg/.
Just because there's no reason to discuss it, that doesn't mean there's a reason not to discuss it or that the thread discussion won't last 300 posts discussing what's been discussed.
Party on.
>>
>>52227172

Because your tears of impotent rage give us life.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.