[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 457
Thread images: 58

File: FE_Echoes_Genny.png (464KB, 435x994px) Image search: [Google]
FE_Echoes_Genny.png
464KB, 435x994px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you use to play an unarmored, divine, dedicated full caster not strictly worse than a conventional divine gish?

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52217732
>>
>>52223064
What the fuck is a "conventional divine gish" and how is it different from a "dedicated full caster" who just happens to swing a sword every now and then.
>>
>>52223144
I imagine OP basically means "Wizard but Divine"
>>
>>52223185
Shaman.
>>
It's Friday, anyone know what the status of the next SoM playtest is looking like?
>>
>>52223210
Medium armor, still a gish.
>>
>>52223185

That divine archetype for the spellburst savant?
>>
File: b0165fc97deaa288cb7f5f5949371ac3.jpg (312KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b0165fc97deaa288cb7f5f5949371ac3.jpg
312KB, 706x1000px
It turns out that something very interesting can be done with the Creation handbook playtest for SoP, which I have left comments on:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#

This is a basic talent available at 1st-level:

>Wondrous Wardrobe
>You need not spend a spell point to create or alter non-magical clothing, non-magical fake jewelry, or other parts of a mundane disguise, and the create or alter effect is an instantaneous effect as self-evidently mundane material. You are still limited to the materials you can create. Fake jewelry created by this talent is difficult to tell apart from real jewels at a glance, requiring a DC 20+CL Perception check to notice without prolonged interaction. A full minute of study and a DC 15 Appraise check reveals their fraudulent nature, however.

>As a free action, you can designate any non-magical clothing, non-magical jewelry, or parts of a mundane disguise you have created to disappear at a specific point in time, such as the stroke of midnight.

>As a standard action, you can create or alter any mundane disguise on yourself or a willing creature, and you are treated as having used a disguise kit. Since the creation or alter is instantaneous, this is not a magical disguise. If you have the Exquisite Detail talent you receive a bonus to your Disguise check equal to ½ the usual bonus granted by the talent.

>If you have the ability to change creatures' forms (such as via the Alteration sphere or the Alternate Form racial trait) then as part of using that ability you may create or alter clothing on the affected creatures as a free action.

This lets you create a limitless amount of 30 gp courtier's outfits out of cotton and/or linen. You can then sell as many as possible, and disassemble the rest into cotton and/or linen for adventuring or mercantile purposes.

If you are feeling mischievous, you might outfit a city with these courtier's outfits, only to have all of them vanish.
>>
What traveling child care method for the on the go adventuring parent?
>>
>>52223224
So then there isn't anything. All base divine casters are proficient with medium armor. The only things that aren't are things like the Sacred Fist, which is obviously a gish.
>>
>>52223277
>childcare
You know you have tits right?
>>
>>52223277
Well there's more to it than keeping it fed
>>
>>52223064
...why would you play unarmored? Just for fluff?
>>
What are some ways for non-full casters to hit touch AC with most of their attacks?
>>
File: 198130dae9fa9c0d54ba54afa6229770.jpg (259KB, 711x1000px) Image search: [Google]
198130dae9fa9c0d54ba54afa6229770.jpg
259KB, 711x1000px
>>52223269

Let us take this a step further. With caster level 5th for Creation (possible at 3rd-level with a sphere specialization and a 2,000 gp staff of Creation +1) and the Expanded Materials basic talent, you can create iron, steel, and copper.

You can then use Wondrous Wardrobe to create courtier's outfits with steel components (e.g. buckles, crinolines), and then promptly melt down that steel for use elsewhere.

Moving along to more dedicated investments, there is this for the incanter:

>Master of Creation (2 specialization points)
>At 1st level, you gain the Creation sphere as a bonus magic talent. (If you already possess the Creation sphere you gain the Expanded Materials talent as a bonus magic talent. If you already possess this talent, you may instead select any other Creation sphere talent as a bonus talent.)

>Starting at 3rd level, any create effect you perform costs 1 fewer spell point than normal (to a minimum of 0).

>At 5th level, you gain the Exquisite Detail talent as a bonus magic talent. If you already possess this talent, you may instead select any other Creation sphere talent as a bonus talent.

>At 8th level, you gain a +1 bonus to caster level for Creation create effects. This stacks normally with caster levels gained from other sources.

What could possibly justify staying in incanter for more than a one-level dip? Let us see.
>>
>>52223336
Use a gun. Brilliant Energy weapons aren't quite the same but they ignore armor.
>>
File: 4488564b27b42614fd06d976eeced52d.jpg (884KB, 1552x1772px) Image search: [Google]
4488564b27b42614fd06d976eeced52d.jpg
884KB, 1552x1772px
>>52223341

>Sustenance
>You may create a small amount of bland, tasteless food, enough for one person, without spending a spell point. The food is made of vegetable and plant matter, resembling what could be found in the wild, but lacks any taste and has only the minimal amount of nutritional value needed for survival. This is an instantaneous effect that cannot be dispelled and is in all other ways normal food.

>By spending a spell point you may instead create any non-poisonous vegetable dish with its appropriate taste, enough for 1 medium creature per caster level. If you have the fleshcrafting advanced talent you may create meat dishes. If you possess the exquisite detail talent you may use Profession (cook) or similar skills to create more extraordinary dishes.

>Additionally, you may create beverages, either water or grog, without spending a spell point. This produces enough liquid to fill a single cup. While water functions as normal, the grog tastes even worse than its mundane counterpart.

>By spending a spell point you may instead create more and higher quality beverages, including but not limited to milk, other alcoholic liquids, and fruit juice. These liquids provide the normal benefits and taste perfectly average. If you possess the exquisite detail talent you may use appropriate craft or profession skills to improve the quality.

Here we are. Ensure that you have a high bonus in Profession (cook) or a similar skill. Then, as a 3rd-level incanter with Master of Creation, feed the multitude with exquisite-tasting vegetarian dishes. Remember that chocolate and many sugars are vegetarian, so you could hoard for yourself all the chocolate and sugar you could ever desire, and possibly sell them as needed.
>>
>>52223310

You'll need a portable cradle, swaddling clothes and prestidigitation to clean the billion diapers.
>>
>>52223341
>>52223386

Addendum: The Practiced Creation feat can substitute for Master of Creation here.

>Practiced Creation
>Prerequisites: Creation sphere, Lengthened Creation talent.

>Benefit: You may increase the casting time of any create effect by 1 step to reduce the spell point cost by 1 (to a minimum of 0). Increasing the casting time to one minute, and for every step beyond, reduces the spell point cost by an additional point. (Ex: Increasing a standard action create effect to a full round action reduces the cost by 1 spell point. Increasing it to 1 minute reduces the cost by 2, and increasing it to 10 minutes reduces the cost by 3.)

I wonder; given both Master of Creation and Practiced Creation, are there any high-spell-point-cost works of the Creation sphere that would be rather cheesy to produce for free?
>>
>>52223403
Good news, prestidigitation means you don't need disposable diapers.
>>
Honestly i'm having a good time guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYGARF3OoEU
>>
>>52223415
Metal and sell it? Any good GM will stop you from doing so, but damn SoP. Get your shit together.
>>
File: 3f2d17c5610249a4fc2cbe0d67185988.jpg (262KB, 872x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3f2d17c5610249a4fc2cbe0d67185988.jpg
262KB, 872x1000px
>>52223461

This is already possible with Wondrous Wardrobe and Expanded Materials, as I pointed out in >>52223341. There is no need for Master of Creation or Practiced Creation here.
>>
>>52223403
>prestidigitation
If you have a Wizard you don't even need a cradle because he can conjure an entire house for you.
>>
Has puella anon done any more reviews?
>>
>>52223341
>>52223386
>>52223415
This isn't intended as a personal insult, but I think this sort of thinking is exactly why nearly nothing interesting in base Pathfinder can be used at-will, and on the rare occasions it can, its effects aren't permanent. Paizo's scared of problem-players thinking along these lines.
>>
>>52223490
Not after Maice.
>>
>>52223144
You know, most conventional D&D Clerics rely on buffing themselves and bashing heads with maces. Meanwhile some people would like to play more of a dedicated caster, something looking like the girl in OP's picture .

>>52223324
Robes are stylish.

>>52223341
So Creation has typical problem of "creating matter from nothing is ALWAYS broken if you try hard enough"?
>>
File: 574f35d3c3c6c584edbbeb25e556ada5.jpg (390KB, 854x1000px) Image search: [Google]
574f35d3c3c6c584edbbeb25e556ada5.jpg
390KB, 854x1000px
>>52223494

For all the core Spheres of Power book's problems, it was actually reasonable in the case of "middle-of-the-pack" spheres like Creation.

The original Creation sphere could create instantaneous-duration objects ex nihilo only with an advanced talent that required caster level 10th, Create Materials. Even then, it barred off gems, precious metals, or rare metals.

The newer sphere-specific handbooks are being authored by different authors with different sensibilities, which is why they vary enormously in terms of quality and mechanical balance.
>>
>>52223064
Typically an Oracle, especially with the mysteries that give you CHA instead of Dex to AC, as that tends to give you enough AC that even light armor can't contain your cha-faggotry.
>>
>>52223390
As the anon who was asking about NPCs, srsly, shut the fuck up. You contribute nothing except sperging out and shitflinging accusations.
My primary question is what is appropriate for use as npcs, whether or not classes like ranger, barbarian, even initiators were sensible, and baseline levels for skill to use as a rule of thumb.
What I'd be more concerned about is the level 7 party that can only find level 1-3 men at arms because MUH BESTIARY, meaning their search is functionally a waste of time.
Fuck, I'd be ok if the level 2 party found a level 5 fighter to lead them, became his sidekicks, and let him take a double share of the loot in exchange for experience ringer support. I'd do that myself, honestly, because it would be such a turn around on expectations.
>>
>>52223536
Something from Nothing cannot possibly be unbroken just from what it fundmentally is. You are creating without input.
>>
Ok wait
Intelligent weapons, okay.
What about, intelligent spells?
>>
>>52223595

Well, you could make it temporary.

Like the clothes this creates. Have them vanish when taken off or on the stroke of midnight.
>>
>>52223615
That's not really something from nothing anymore. It's like, I don't know, taking a loan from the void.
>>
>>52223628
That's the balance level all of the original Creation Sphere was set at, up until level 10.
>>
>it's a 2hu spergs out episode
Oh boy! It's Avowed all over again!
>>
>>52223636
Yeah I know but I don't agree it being creation. You aren't creating so much as just temporarily borrowing from nothing, with your spell slot / spell point / etc. as down payment.
>>
>>52223647
where
>>
>>52223277
Get a pram on wheels.
Arm the pram with a gatling gun, spring loaded spears, and solid steel undercarriage.
Walk the White Way between the Rivers of Fire and Water straight to Hell in the name of vengeance.
>>
>>52223647

This seems like a pretty valid thing to talk about.
>>
>>52223683

That doesn't sound comfortable for the baby.
>>
>>52223716
>I am most comfortable when I am impervious to most physical forms of attack
>goo
>>
I honestly just want to bully more /pfg/ posters
>>
>>52223647

Speaking of the avowed, Overcharge Modulation is still in need of revision, at least for its scaling at 5th-level.

Consider the following: generic 5th-level avowed, Charisma modifier +6, area shape with 1d6 damage per caster level, three purchases, Overcharge Modulation. That is 9d6+9 damage, for an average of 40.5 damage.

Average CR 4 hit points is 39.2.

That is a good shot of taking out a large chunk of an encounter in one turn.

Even better, since the avowed is *apparently* being balanced with Bloodforge: Infusions in mind (unless I have misunderstood Forrestfire Studios' stance on this?), you can be an entoli for +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and -2 Constitution. The Constitution penalty will be irrelevant with Altered Life and Unnatural Vitality. Entoli have access to the amazing maenad FCB, +1/2 sonic damage to aether pulses per avowed level, which in turn activates the entoli's +1 DC to any sonic effect, since adding damage of a certain energy type to an aether pulse explicitly adds the appropriate descriptor.

In other words, that 5th-level avowed blaster up there should ideally be an entoli for an extra +1/2 avowed level damage and another +1 DC.
>>
>>52223716
Is correct, anon.

No self-respecting parent would put his child in a solid steel frame carriage.

You're *supposed* to keep it up with antigrav so the belly-turret has clear field of fire.
>>
>>52223716
>the baby will see more death and bloodshed than a 100 warriors in their lifetimes
>they will be Destiny's Child, born to a fate of strength, sadness and chaos
>the child will kill their first man before they are 3 years old
>the child will stand beside you in battle before they grow their hairs of adulthood
>and you will have nothing but pride in them
Don't talk shit about my battle pram, you hussy.
>>
File: 062.jpg (863KB, 2714x1920px) Image search: [Google]
062.jpg
863KB, 2714x1920px
>>52223792
Actually the kid'll just grow up with your way of life as their measure for normal, which means its common sense and sensibilities will be completely fucked up. Plus you'll probably name the kid something strange and JRPGish like "Regolith Flailsnail the fourth"

In fact the best example, even though they've made a village, is probably the Crimson Demon clan, where the kids grow up drinking XP potions, learning how to make grand entrances or dynamic entries, and learning a specific class instead of general education.

Basically: Dodonko Dislikes Smoke.
>>
>>52223064
Oracle has a few mysteries that work up to being about as good as enchanted medium armor at higher levels.
I'm sure there's shit for clerics, but I haven't played on in Pathfinder yet.
>>
>>52223835
>you will never live in a village of chuunis

Why live?
>>
>>52223760
+4 or +5 are more likely charisma values at level 5.

Did they change overcharge again? last I'd checked you'd get +2 dice at level 5 not +4.
>>
>>52223754
Coming out in April. They're buffing Primal Fury and Broken Blade and giving Tempest Gale and Piercing Thunder some well deserved nerfs.
>>
How many of you with style over efficiency when making a haracter?
>>
>>52223861
I keep both to a high standard.

After all, there's nothing less stylish than being bad at your job.
>>
>>52223861
Hi Stormwind!
>>
>>52223792
I'm so happy to see at least two other anons consider such gear.

Everyone looked at me like I was insane the last time I suggested one. But jesus fucking christ, what do you expect to do with the baby, cradle it in your sword arm? I've seen how you fucking lose it come AoO opportunities! The babby is not sword!
>>
>>52223861
define
>>
Repostingin the new thread, now that I'm awake again

Here is my attempt of making an Unchained Armorist, to replace the trash armorist we are forced to have.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=sharing
Feel free to critique, comment, and trash to your heart's content!

Also, if you want to see any particularly cool or hype stuff in it, just tell me!

Also
Unchained Sphere Magus, coming soon to a /pfg/ near you
>>
>>52223861
que no los dos?
>>
>>52223757
Think you can bully people by reviewing?
>>
>>52223851

>+4 or +5 are more likely charisma values at level 5.
Charisma 17 to start with, possibly from point-buy
+2 from race
+1 from level advancement
+2 from a headband
Total: Charisma 22

>Did they change overcharge again? last I'd checked you'd get +2 dice at level 5 not +4.
To quote the feat: "If your aether pulse dealt damage dice equal to your caster level (such as from a second-selection aether blast), the overcharged modulation instead adds twice as many additional dice of damage."

Frankly, Overcharge Modulation is a lost cause by this point. It encourages a boring playstyle of doing nothing but spamming damage, and it is mandatory for any avowed who is interested in dealing damage. I think it would be better for the avowed's baseline damage to be slightly improved (possibly returning to d8s?) and for Overcharge Modulation to be excised entirely.
>>
>>52223908
i'm not interested enough in any campaign's apps to bother.
>>
>>52223835
>Actually the kid'll just grow up with your way of life as their measure for normal, which means its common sense and sensibilities will be completely fucked up
So they will be well educated, respect their elders and those weaker, tolerate no disrespect directed towards them, and be prepared to kill and die for a cause they believe in?
Ok.
>Plus you'll probably name the kid something strange and JRPGish like "Regolith Flailsnail the fourth"
You mean Stoltenheim Reinbach the Third. Or Daigoro.
>>52223861
I do both. I recognize what I need to do in order to achieve a goal, and embellish where I can to make that goal exciting to get to.
>>52223885
I usually get that look when I bring the kid along at all.
>>
>>52223861
I try to be effective, but I'm not very good at letting myself optimize as opposed to picking "style" or "flavor" choices. I mean, I could only play one or two specific mysteries of Oracle that offer cool shit with Charisma or very specific bits of badassery, or I could do a wider range and pick a slightly less effective but still pretty decent mystery because I love the concept.
>>
>>52223861
I begin with style, and once the notes and details of style I want are locked in, THEN I go for efficiency.

For example first you decide
>I want to play a high-tech symbiote slayer. Basically an obliterator. And you decide the guy should be the unholy abomination of, say, a lovey-dovey elf/dwarf couple using one of those bloodforge races. And you decide "okay, let's make him fucking good looking while I'm at it".

And once you've picked out those things, THEN you optimize whatever's left.
>>
>>52223914

That... That hurts! Don't call us boring!
>>
>>52223890
Too sleepy to read much but the first thing I noticed is that the armory abilities were no longer "LOL YOU ARE NOW ALLOWED TO PAY WITH YOUR PLUSSES FOR THIS ABILITY OVER THERE THAT'S NOW ADDED TO THE TABLE", so that's probably a good sign.
>>
>>52223951
I mean its less that i think any apps are boring but i'm just so not interested in the campaigns on any level that I don't care.
>>
>>52223914
You'll never get anywhere in life that way, anon!

Even bullies have to put in effort to get what they want!
>>
>>52223861
Having good stats is enough
And having key feats
>>
>>52223971
why
>>
>>52223861
I emphasize style over efficiency. Sometimes I even choose to be suboptimal for muh flavor.
>>
>>52223994
>tfw try to do this but accidentally make yourself dumb strong in one specific aspect
>>
>>52223912
Headband very unlikely at level 5. 7-8 most definitely, but 5 is very early for this.

For most point-buys expect more likely a 15 or 16, then +2 from race.

You usually put up the higher ends of optimization - I do not begrudge you this, but it is important to point out that you ARE looking for what the top-shelf builds can do, and not offering some barely-thought-out (for most) average (which would imply the ceiling can go just that much higher, after all).

OW on that quoted bit, yeah. Overcharge must not give so much damage, but it also must absolutely not be a necessary pick to even be able to deal damage.
>>
>>52223923
Your is the entire party, not just "you" one of the two parents.

Don't forget you might have a dickass thief becoming "favorite uncle"
>>
>>52223956
Yeah, I figured its probably smarter instead of making you a shitty Weapon Enchantment Sorcerer to instead make you an Weapon Enchantment Wizard.
I mean, you're supposed to be the king of magic arms and armor! May as well make you actually able to use the stuff and be an expert at it.
>>
>>52224003
Lethal joke characters are the best.
>>
>>52224035
i mean i was just fucking around and the next thing i know i'm capable of exploding things on a lucky roll on a scale i didn't think was possible
>>
>>52224010
What we really need (for my personal entertainment) is 2hu's Stormwind counterpart, who makes builds at their floor "becauze muh consepts"
>>
>>52224010

>Headband very unlikely at level 5. 7-8 most definitely, but 5 is very early for this.
A blaster avowed is not going to use a weapon. Given that 5th-level WBL is 10,500 gp, I would be surprised if they did not have a +2 headband by 5th-level.

>For most point-buys expect more likely a 15 or 16, then +2 from race.
Even if you did settle for that, the extra damage from the purchases would go from 9 to 7. That is not an enormous difference.

>OW on that quoted bit, yeah. Overcharge must not give so much damage, but it also must absolutely not be a necessary pick to even be able to deal damage.
I personally think it should be nixed as a feat entirely.
>>
Lads, my face is tired.

What game should I apply to with a total knockout application?
>>
SERPENT'S SKULL CAMPAIGN

WHEN?
H
E
N
?
>>
>>52224088
Celestial Tournament. It's a popularity contest, after all.
>>
File: Old-Mage_Jatembe.jpg (99KB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Old-Mage_Jatembe.jpg
99KB, 702x1000px
>>52224105
OMJ never.
>>
After reading the Ironhorde player's guide, I wanna run this game.
And I wanna run it with the players being basically the Diamond Dogs
>>
File: dinner at rory's house.jpg (464KB, 1170x854px) Image search: [Google]
dinner at rory's house.jpg
464KB, 1170x854px
>>52224120
>trying to summon Rory.
Anon no stop!
>>
>>52224151
everyone wants to be diamond dogs or winds of destruction these days
>>
>>52221656
Tav, to be straight with you, I /LIKE/ what you guys have with the Body Pact. It's cool, and different from the Self Pact in function. You saying it's trying to capture "as much of the original as possible" is why I feel monkey's paw'ed, and your constant rushing around to point at "W-we want to avoid SAD!" only makes it taste all the more bitter. The only thing you captured from the original is its ability to be a Dark Souls QUALITY build and be (relatively) effective.

>anon once again gets cucked by the shit design framework of pathfinder
>>
>>52224105

Because pulp adventure is cringey as fuck.
>>
File: 1430069883464.jpg (978KB, 1400x907px) Image search: [Google]
1430069883464.jpg
978KB, 1400x907px
So both my forever gms convinced me to run something so they can actually play for once. I'm looking at rise of the runelords, any anons have any tips?
>>
>>52224197
believe in yourself, use the anniversary edition, jerk off into their cheerios
>>
Anybody got the pastebin link for that stupid optimization fighter?
>>
>>52224217
why
>>
>>52224164
everyone?
>>
>>52224105

Honestly, it has poor reviews. I think part of that is that it's a sandbox rather than a linear path, and that throws a lot of people off.

That being said......

This is the perfect /pfg/ game.

No, I don't mean that we're gonna be typefucking each other.

What I mean is that you can entirely STRIP OUT the rival factions.

And then play this as a game with MULTIPLE GROUPS OF PCs RUNNING CONCURRENTLY.

COMPETING AGAINST EACH OTHER

AND TEAMING UP IN THE END TO PUT DOWN A MADDENED SERPENT GOD
>>
>>52224229
thats terrible though
>>
File: 1411678872117.jpg (120KB, 1280x614px) Image search: [Google]
1411678872117.jpg
120KB, 1280x614px
Alright, so, working on a less trash Sphere Magus.

Right now I have 4 goals I'm working towards
>Make abilities less dipable
>Give incentives to reach the later levels
>Find a way to make magus arcana either worth using, or not a strictly inferior option to most sphere abilities
>Optional Goal: Find a way to incorporate multiple gameplay strategies, such as Eldritch Archery and the like

Now, I have a few ideas, including some older ones I've dabbled with in the past, that I'm willing to juggle around and play with such as either making either Sphere specific modes of play, or adding a cash-out mechanic for Arcana, and further there's also the fact that I have to contend with Mystic Assault now being a thing.

However, before I become dedicated to a single design philosophy, I'd like to poll your brains as to what YOU, the wonderful degenerates of /pfg/ want out of your Sphere Magus! I know a few of you would like a Red Mage, and that can be handled well enough, but what else would ya'll wanna see in this archetype?
Personally, I'm more partial to the Sorcerer from FFV, but that's just me
>>
>>52224217
http://pastebin.com/mcN9n7L9
>>
>Animal Whisperer: You've spent more of your life around animals than people, and find them easier to understand. You gain a +1 bonus to Handle Animal, and it is now a class skill. Your trait bonus increases to +5 when "pushing" a wild animal, and you can now cast charms and compulsions on animals as though they were humanoid.

>Blight-Burned: You were raised deep in the Fangwood Forest, but in your childhood the Darkblight overtook your community, and blighted Fey attacked your friends and family. Even after escaping, you bear a grisly scar from your ordeal. You gain a +2 fortitude save against poison and disease, and your scar throbs in the presence of unnatural creatures, even if they can not be seen by you

>Ironfang Survivor: Whether you served in the military or simply beset by surprise attack, you barely survived an encounter with the Ironfang Legion, Molthune's infamous Hobgoblin regiment. You gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when fighting goblinoids, and once per day when using Intimidate, Sense Motive or Stealth against a goblinoid, you roll twice and take the better result.
>>
>>52224227
everyone.
>>
>>52224301
as in, everyone?
>>
>>52224304
everyone my dude.
>>
>>52224311
Wow
So you too?
>>
>>52223064
I use spheres, so Incanter and Soul Weaver fluffed to be divine casters works for me.
>>
>>52224317
yes
>>
>>52224300

Also the cover for the Avistani Not!Belgium guerilla campaign is a Mwangi female ranger, a Mwangi male Druid and a maybe Chelaxian female something.

Only time it shows the Molthuni (or white guys in general) is when they're getting massacred.
>>
>>52224323
>actually playing Incanter instead of dipping
W H Y
H
Y
>>
File: Camarah.jpg (265KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Camarah.jpg
265KB, 1000x750px
Who's the best Puella girl?
Who's the best soon-to-be Puella girl?
>>
>>52224332
Molthuni are not real ethnicity anyway
>>
>>52224344

I know, but they're certainly a mixture of Taldan and Chelaxian!
>>
>>52224356
Are they?
I got the idea that they had everyone from the shores of the inner sea
>>
>>52224343

I'm just disappointed that none of the girls are especially chesty.

You'd think a game about monster rape would bring out the Breeders.
>>
>>52224361
They take all kinds, but they're still primarily Chelaxian. They were Chelaxian subjects less than 100 years ago, remember.
>>
>>52224361

Well I mean, every character in the "Molthuni getting fucking killed" artwork are white, so I think that's representative of the population.

They're evil, aren't they?
>>
>>52224300
Animal Whisperer is gonna be a must have if the party encounters a lot of war beasts, which doesn't seem out of the modus operandi of hobgoblins

The scar one might prove useful if it gave you a perception check within thirty feet of the monster

The last one is more generally useful, as in Ironfang you're gonna be fighting creatures with the goblinoids subtype
>>
>>52224369
That'll come in time, with transformations
>>
>>52224356
They got a few Kellids in there as well if I recall. as well as a notable population of fetchlings.

>>52224369
That's because "Breeders" don't like rape in general, and prefer cute romantic involvement and girls who WANT to give birth to and help raise children.

Monster rape, however, is very much haram
>>
To the anon what posted this in the last thread

>Barrage and Sniping are both good >for long arms. But you know what's >better? Dual Wielding two-handed >firearms as light weapons while >being able to reload without a >prehensile tail and ignoring the >penalties for firing a two-handed >firearm one-handed.

Explain yourself, damnit.
>>
>want to apply to Penguin Liberation Department
>don't want everyone to know I'm a deviant
>afraid that if I make a burner account, I won't get selected cause everyone will assume I'm a troll.
>>
>>52224281
Thanks
>>
>>52224387

There's four more but I can't be bothered to phonepost them, because they fucking suck.

The "World Weary" trait gives you a class (background) skill with no bonus, and you +4 AC when aiding another instead of +2.
>>
>>52224381
Yeah the way I read it, there were very very few chelaxians and now they are a minority among the new men. Maybe the noble minority tho.
>>52224386
Well they are obsessed with conquering...
>>
File: shrine maiden duties.png (239KB, 411x573px) Image search: [Google]
shrine maiden duties.png
239KB, 411x573px
>>52224369
>none of the girls are especially chesty
Fool that you are, if you start a girl up too chesty and then add corruption and transformation, you'll end up with a girl unable to move due to the size of her tits!

Starting with a flatter chest, you end up with a girl struggling to keep fighting while hampered by her now sensitive and oversized breasts.
>>
>>52224386

>They're white
>Are they evil?

Oh gee I wonder
>>
File: go lewder.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
go lewder.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>52224417
>you'll end up with a girl unable to move
Not seeing the issue here.
>>
>>52224410
Make an account now, start 3 games with no players and make a whole load of blank posts in the chats, stay logged in for the time, and apply in 1 week so it seems like there's some activity.
>>
>>52224401

Where are these mythical women who want romance and don't wanna be choked and murdered?

I can't deal with modern ERP.
>>
>>52224410

Nobody checks account ages.
Also having a genuinely good and well thought-out app is serious anti-troll points.
>>
What kind of hat or a helmet does your character wear?
>>
>>52224369
Small breasts contrast better with the pregnancy bulge, anon.
>>
>>52224436

Let's be fair here, has anyone submitted a female character to a game because they wanted to bone one of the male applications?

That tends to bring them out.
>>
File: tips fedora.gif (4MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.gif
4MB, 630x354px
>>52224445
Guess.
>>
File: just friends.jpg (117KB, 383x475px) Image search: [Google]
just friends.jpg
117KB, 383x475px
>>52224456
>mfw wondering if anyone's submitted an app because they wanna bang my character, in any game
>>
>>52224456
Yes
>>
>>52224466

Which characters are yours?
>>
>>52224466
i know someone has for me
>>
>>52224487
It's a secret.

>>52224488
That's sounds sweet.
>>
>>52224151
DELET THIS
>>
File: 1486912136634.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486912136634.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>52224369
>cute futa amazon
>not busty
>>
>>52224151
>filename

kek
>>
>>52224530

Futa is not cute, especially on a woman who sounds like a Bitchbreaker.
>>
>>52224545
>bitchbreaker

>tfw want this but am completely uninterested in monster rape
>>
File: 1486808801507.png (125KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486808801507.png
125KB, 279x300px
>>52224545
Maybe cute was the wrong word but still
>not wanting a strong muscular futa being raped by monsters/monster girls and nobles
>>
>>52224010
>Headband unlikely at level 5.
What. What underpowered, low-income games have you been playing where PCs aren't making/buying their first magic items by level 3?
>>
>>52224562
We're not monster rape bait. We're Diamond Dogs.
>>
If you stab someone in the neck, do you use the hit points mechanics or do you just kill them?
>>
File: lord give me strangth.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
lord give me strangth.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>52224572
>wanting a strong muscular futa being raped by monsters/monster girls and nobles
>not wanting to raped by a strong muscular futa
Boy you are posting in the wrong website.

>>>/FoxNews/
>>
>>52224591

HP is an abstraction!

That said, I'd call that a CdG.
>>
File: Whynotboth.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Whynotboth.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>>52224593
>>
>>52224583
Something is diamond alright
>>
>>52224591
You don't just declare "I'm gonna stab them in the neck, so fuck the normal rules". You try and hit them, and if the attack is appropriately lethal you might describe it that way.
>>
>>52224532
"You can't prove the dog semen in the soup belonged to me. I'm a shapeshifter. The semen could've come from anywhere."
>>
File: 1409176582671.jpg (372KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1409176582671.jpg
372KB, 848x1200px
>>52224254
Bumping this, I am very much interested in what ideas or concepts you guys would want to see in a less crappy Sphere Magus
>>
>playing an Evil game
>my character (wraith) is powerless in the sunlight
>but the gentleman vampire in my party holds a parasol for me so I can cast spells
kyaa senpai~
>>
>>52224694

... Cute...
>>
>>52224694
I-its not like he cares about you or anything! He just doesn't want to associate with someone who's useless all the time! B-b-baka!
>>
>>52224694
FUCK HIM
>>
>>52224726
LeIncorporealFaec.png
>>
>>52224735
That didn't stop Bill Murray from getting a handjob in the original Ghostbusters movie!
>>
>>52224735
>>52224726
+1 Ghost Touch Condom
>>
File: sad drinking man.jpg (37KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
sad drinking man.jpg
37KB, 424x283px
>>52224694

That feel when you're GM of a party of murderhobos and one super-bratty, snobby noble girl who always has something mean to say about other PCs except for the one man in the party who has tirelessly put up with her crap, apologizes to her when she throws fits for no reason even when he wasn't even there when she got mad, and bridal carries her everywhere when she inevitably gets knocked out or faints, but is way too autistic to ever engage her in any way.

I just want them to realize how they feel about each other but these two goddamn cringey lesbos in the party won't stop hamming it up.
>>
>>52223277

Familiar Satchel
>>
>>52224745

I thought it was Dan Aykroyd.
>>
>>52224800
You thought right.
>>
>>52224776
>>
>>52224784
Isn't that just an armored crate on a strap?
>>
>>52224776
>when the GM starts shipping players
GMs in the thread. Show of hands. Have you ever shipped your players? Ever tried to have that ship a reality? How did that work out for you?
>>
File: GGXrdINoEEEHHHH.gif (1MB, 467x490px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdINoEEEHHHH.gif
1MB, 467x490px
>>52224776
>mfw two PCs in the party constantly sass and tease one another, but they help eachother out constantly
>mfw they started as distant, and the players didn't really like eachother, but now they each rely on the other for things IC
>mfw can't tell if it's just strong friendship or if they're going to end up a couple by the end of things
>mfw one is an ex-noble dhampir girl suffering a modified vampirism corruption, the other is a widower alchemist that's so used to using his blood for things he didn't think twice about it when she came to him for help

gosh heckin' darnit, you're makin' me think about things
>>
File: 1412162020775.jpg (476KB, 958x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1412162020775.jpg
476KB, 958x1000px
>>52224670
>>52224254
Alright, I think I'm on to something.

How would you anons feel if Spell Combat, rather than just allowing you to hit and cast, instead applied a CL limit on the sphere effect based on the Magus level, meaning if you tried to dip into the class instead you're gonna have to suck it up with a shitty CL1 effect with your combat?
That would solve one problem, though there would still be more to go through.

Or is no one paying attention and should I instead wait for tonight when the Sphere Magus people I talked to last night are usually on?
>>
Are Tomes a stand-in for Behelits?
>>
>>52224961
I am not joining this fucking topic, fuck you.
>>
>>52225070
Then why did you post?
>>
>>52225064
>>52225064
Mixed with Mephistopholes
>>
>>52225076
To say it?
>>
>>52225070
>I am not joining this fucking topic,
Then why did you just do that thing, when you could've easily let the question die a lonely and miserable death?
By responding to you've in doing so joined in and showed at least a vague interest in the topic, even if it is a form of negative interest, and as such have done nothing but merely add to the conversation on the topic.

Seriously nigga, is this your first time on the internet?
>>
>>52225090
So you posted to say that you're not going to say anything.

Excellent contribution your Yale degree really pays for itself.
>>
File: GG Disgusted Ram.jpg (248KB, 594x663px) Image search: [Google]
GG Disgusted Ram.jpg
248KB, 594x663px
>>52225037
>>52224670
>>52224254
>CL limits on spell combat

god fuck no, I think an anon once suggested limiting it so the initial spell combat was "make one attack and cast spell as a full round action" that would let you make two attacks with spellstrike, and then have it scale up to actually function as "make a full attack but also cast spell" later on.

IMO, making Arcana and Arcane Pool actually attractive to use would help, too. Like, increased duration on weapon enhancement and not needing to spend additional points to use new weapon special abilities from arcana would be good, since you'd still have to pay to swap out to what you need.
>>
>>52225111
>>52225114
Yeah I did not continue that topic.
What is so hard to get?
>>
>>52223861
I do both, because it's both possible and assumed in any game I'm in. You can be stylish while still being great, because optimization is a gradient-curve and not a yes/no statement.
>>
>>52225155
Except you did, just by responding to it, when you could've easily ignored it instead, and allowed the conversation topic to instead die out on its own unfed and lonely.

And now instead we are talking about the topic, and your response to it instead, because in the end, despite saying to the contrary, you did decide to talk about it, even if said talking about it was a dispairagement. Becuase if you really didn't want to talk about it you would have never had posted anything to begin with.
Do you not understand the folly of your own lack of logic, or are you really this retarded
>>
>>52225186
Hey you are forcing us to keep talking about this
>>
>replying to bait
Come on anons. Stop getting hooked.
>>
>>52225201
All I'm doing is responding to the statements made by you, and the inconsistencies in your logic and posting. If you hadn't have made your original post inthe beginning, which would've made more sense and been more in line with your original sentiment towards the original query.

Also, I ain't forcing you to do jack shit you retard, you can stop any time you like. However, you seem to be too retarded to know when to keep your mouth shut or not
>>
File: 3. Choral Angel.png (928KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3. Choral Angel.png
928KB, 765x1024px
Does this pic without the background pattern exist? Or can someone please remove it?
All pics of other angels in my fodder have white background, so Choral kinda stands out and bothers my autism
>>
>>52225256
/r/ is that way.

>>>/r/
>>
>>52225133
That is a good point, though would end up being messy with all the moving parts involved. Further, the original point and issue was that people were complaining baout sphere magus being too dipable, and making a limitation, which later becomes a boon as it scales up, seemed the best way to incentivise keeping most of your levels in the class.

Also, yeah, I also have plans for changing how Arcana and the Arcane Pool work, but I'm still trying to determine which ones to keep or not. Heck, I'm sorely tempted to just replace a good amount of it with just giving them Enhancement sphere for free and letting them do shenanigans with it.

Either that, or turn the Pool into a Cashout system similar to the Gambler Kineticist
>>
>>52225004
They gon' fuck
>>
>>52225287
>Too messy
But how? "Full round action to take a penalty to attack rolls and make one attack and cast one spell, at level x you can add the extra attack from things that function like haste, at y level you may full attack and cast a spell" doesn't sound that complicated to me.

>Full CL Enhancement Sphere that stacks with existing weapon enhancements
So what it should have been to begin with?
>>
i miss talking about dragons2

none of the current games interest me at all
>>
What are the real killers at each level?
>>
>>52225390
what?
>>
>>52225390

Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with the hammer.
>>
>>52225395
I think he means Rusty Dagger Shank Town at lvl 1.
>>
>>52225416
wizards
>>
>>52225381
Don't

You might summon the roryposter(s)
>>
>>52225426
the shitposting was fun
>>
>>52225426
They already tried once.
>>
>>52225381

That's because none of the current games are APs or particularly raunchy.

I still think Hermea campaign would be cute and comfy and lewd!
>>
>>52225412
I thought it was Mrs. White in the ballroom with a candlestick
>>
>>52225451
i mean there's Pirogi Lagoon Disability but its too weird.
>>
>>52225451

>rapegame

>not raunchy enough

>the review charts literally have a 'slut' option.
>>
>>52225381
The first session was a lot of fun. Relationship dynamics are already beginning and everyone's pumped.

...Two weeeeeeeeeeeks...
>>
File: implied face palm.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
implied face palm.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>52225451
>comfy
>>
>>52225433
>>52225443
REMOVE DOG
>>
>>52225463

Polish Lime-flavored Drink is awfully specific in backstory and expects you to get raped a lot, I'd apply but it seriously just doesn't feel like a smashing success.

Legacy is cute but not my cup of tea, and Celestial Tournament looks like it's going to die after the tournament is over - seriously, what was the DM thinking with that campaign start?
>>
File: 1486561205429.jpg (166KB, 613x582px) Image search: [Google]
1486561205429.jpg
166KB, 613x582px
>>52225451
>That's because none of the current games are APs or particularly raunchy.

None of the ones you know about.
>>
>>52225381
I miss the early shitposting from it, the new kind is just lame, and apps closing a week early sucked even if the parties were already set.

>tfw want to make characters, but have no time to join games and don't have the drive to make pure shitpost apps
>>
>>52225475

It's not a slut option, it's sexual appeal.

And last I checked, the only people that are going to get generous quantities of loving are the women by monsters.
>>
>>52225451
Hell's Rebels explicitly allows you to be as lewd as you want, as long as there is more than just smut to your character!
>>
File: bvMq4GH - Imgur.png (813KB, 650x870px) Image search: [Google]
bvMq4GH - Imgur.png
813KB, 650x870px
>>52225256
Here ya go you lil'shit. It's a bit messy, but whatever.
>>
>>52225494
>is awfully specific in backstory
Not really anon.

>here's the setting
>here's the problem you'll be dealing with
>you must be engaged with this problem
>also you must be the PC race
>>
>>52225476
yay ;.;
>>
>>52225516

Hell's Rebels is a big dumb campaign where the DM is doing the right thing by not making it HURR DURR SARENRAE SNACKBAR but doing a VERY wrong thing by making everyone literal Social Justice Warriors he wants played straight.
>>
>>52225525
>claims it's not super specific
>lists the ways it's super specific
I guess where you come from, 2 + 2 = 5?
>>
>>52225372
>doesn't sound that complicated to me.
You are right, and it is now taken into consideration. I will build both versions, then come back later tonight when more people are willing to look at either of them

>>52225372
>>Full CL Enhancement Sphere that stacks with existing weapon enhancements
>So what it should have been to begin with?
That is one of the plans, however it still doesn't do much to help make the non enhancement arcana any less trash options.
Then again, those arcana generally don't cost points either.
I guess I'll just dig up my old iteration of the Sphere magus I made back before Expanded was released, retool it better, and see how that works instead.
>>
>>52225525

>You must be a Nightwalker, seen a Tome manifest, and have a reason to hunt Merchants
>Oh and the campaign is 90% dick-ass nobles
>>
>>52225533
excuse me sarenism is a religion of peace
>>
>>52225533
That's... really not what he wants. And really not what people are applying with. Really, light-hearted shounen freedom fighters have more place in there than SJW caricatures. It was mentioned a few times.
>>
>>52225533
>throws caution to the wind and wants to revel in how ridiculous the actual AP is
>a bad thing

anon, I...
>>
File: dragons 2.png (201KB, 469x437px) Image search: [Google]
dragons 2.png
201KB, 469x437px
>>52225381
>>
>>52225536
It's all perfectly reasonable stipulations

>>52225543
>must be a PC
>must know about the problem
>and who's causing the problem
>btw it's the nobility that'll be in the thick of this

seems fine to me, but if you don't like it, there's already plenty of apps.
>>
>>52225552

Of course it is, what I'm saying is that too many chucklefucks think they're being subversive and clever by making a game about bright-eyed liberals fighting a fucking white male into a brutal blood-soaked reign of terror.
>>
>>52225494

>Celestial Tournament is a stillbirth

Delete this
>>
>>52225581
oh yeah thats fair
>>
>>52225522
Wow, thanks you, anon. Thank to you my folder now looks much better.
>>
>>52225476
are we shipping anyone yet
>>
>>52225642
I'm posting to let you know I'm not going to post a reply to this topic.
>>
>>52225664
i am upset.
>>
>>52225642

Rory's already cocksleeved Aurora, he's going to set his sights on another member of the harem.

Calsihedrix, probably.
>>
>>52225541
We'll have to see what you end up with, desu. I could go try to dig up another anon's attempt at unchaining magus if you want, but that one was vancian
>>
>>52225681

Man, I don't know how anyone would even bother ERPing with him after the shit he pulled.

Sharing private logs like that is a huge breach of trust.

Like if you can't even trust someone to mind such basic rules of etiquette and trust, how can you manage to share your potentially embarrassing fetishes and stuff with this guy?
>>
>>52225681
>the team consists of one BIG BREASTED BIMBO, then like three DFCs, one of them being Aurora "Minimum Bust, Maximum Fist"
>>
>>52225642
There are a few feasible ones. Liozis being an incredibly cheery and supportive disney princess makes her prime shipping fodder.

>>52225681
Well. Not canonically he hasn't.
>>
>>52225719
god lets not start this up again, apparently it was all talked over and apologies n shit were made so can we not whip up another witch-hunt
>>
>>52225719
Didn't he claim that he gave the logs to a friend, and the friend leaked them to the thread?
>>
>>52225694
Nah, I'm good, I've already dug up some other versions to steal fro- I mean, gain inspiration from. Yes.

I'll just do the best I can, and see how people like it.

On a side note, how would you like to have built in options to either go STR 2h, Archer, TWF, or Red Mage Dual Cast as eventual specializations?
>>
>>52225728
>three DFCs

Rinka, Aurora, and Rorymei?
>>
>>52225566

Makes sense. As written, the AP's premise is painfully difficult to take seriously; just because an embarrassment of a Thrune tells Kintargo they can't drink mint tea past 7 p.m. anymore, they're ready to take to the streets and bring down the Chelaxian establishment.

Sounds like something from a 90s cartoon about kids with 'tude.
>>
>>52225754
Yes.
Isn't Liozis also DFC?
>>
>>52225728

Don't you mean, "minimum gag reflex?"
>>
>>52225775
i think so
>>
>>52225790
I don't get that reference.
>>
>>52223539
FYI Dark is the next one in line to be released, so it's the most relevant one you should give feedback on.
>>
>>52225775
Like B cups. She's also pretty much the shortest a dragon princess can possibly be at her age.
>>
>>52225752
>either go STR 2h, Archery, TWF, or Red Mage Dual Cast as eventual specializations

only if you make the original one-handing duelist style not get overshadowed, my dude. If it could get Canny Defense and emulate what Kensai was going for without all the shit that fucks up the Kensai would be great. Depending on how fast you get it out, I might want to try playtesting it for you. But that would require the GM letting me revamp my magus side.
>>
>>52225820

In the logs, Aurora took a footlong schlong down her throat with minimal prep work.
>>
>>52225868
I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that and been just peachy keen, thank you.
>>
So after applying to a game with a firearm character it really got me reflecting on how totally retarded firearms are in PF, not from a mechanical perspective, but just the idea that their iconic dual wields muzzle loading matchlocks.

For guns to make any sense for a PC you sort of need to push them right up to percussion caps and breech loaders, which I think is acceptable hand waving to imagine as a free action reload.

Really the whole problem seems to stem from the free action reload, which is mandatory to make the system work.

What's bizarre is paper cartridges increasing misfire, if anything they should reduce it, as your black powder charges would be uniform.

I think Golarion should've gone the way of having a nation use fire arms, but only once they became cartridge fired did they become widespread by adventurers, for their practicality. Or make it so that gunslingers are all master craftsmen or experimenters who have more advanced weapons, things like breech loading, cartridges, percussion caps, etc..

From a historical perspective, many of these inventions were around at the same time as the flintlock that I think is what people imagine, they just weren't used widely.
>>
>>52225743
Still a leak. Still a breach of trust--if anything, that's just as bad, if there was any chance that friend would share them around on /tg/.

He has effectively reduced Dragons2, or at least 1/3 of its party, to "That douchebag dog and the dumb slut he fucked" in terms of reputation.
>>
>>52225763
It's more than that. First, Kintargo is noted to be very independent and unruly all the time. Second, there is also martial law and Thrune Dottari being pricks. Third, Barzillai closed one of the most important buildings in the city without any explanation. Kintargo treats its opera VERY seriously.

Overall, it is still rather silly but not completely unfounded. And you definitely do not have to make a bland feminazi caricature to apply. Hell, going animu would be better. Like I did.
>>
>>52225935

To be honest, I think the setting would've been significantly improved if they used the 17th century for inspiration more than the 15th.

Turn the Land of the Linnorm Kings into viciously Imperialist and proud realm of infighting kings, Andoran and Galt finally make sense, Qadira could become the Taldor of the setting, heck you could have Cheliax jealously holding onto Aroden worship in some Dead God cult that thinks enough prayer will bring him back, and the only way to do that is missionaries and expansion.
>>
>>52225970
thats rather extreme
>>
>>52225868
Can't post that and not post the logs.
>>
>>52226060
Please don't the privacy has been breached enough
>>
>>52226055

It's true, though. It's a douchebag shitposter and a dumb slut who forgave him instantly.
>>
>>52226060

Nah!

>>52226055

SwimmingEagle wanted a lewd group, and he got a lewd group.
>>
>>52225987

Honestly, it still seems petty considering what Cheliax could (and in all probability, SHOULD) have done to force the city into compliance. Barbie taking over the opera house for private showings and ignoring civil courts is hardly the zenith of diabolist cruelty.
>>
>>52226060
Please do our appetite hasn't been sated enough
>>
>>52226060

Don't.

I caught a 72 hour ban when I did it last time.
>>
File: sorry not sorry.png (564KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sorry not sorry.png
564KB, 960x540px
>>52226060
>>52226082
>mfw I have a copy of the logs but I'm not going to post them.
>>
>>52226073
Thanks (?) for making my point.

This anon and others now only think of Dragons2 in terms of "who has that dumb dog fucked this time?"

>>52226094
>>52226082
>>52226099
Seriously, don't. Thank you if you resist that urge.
>>
>>52224410
No one cares if you're a deviant. Not here or on Roll20 at least.
>>
>>52226060
Nigga go find the archived thread if you want them, shit's fucked as-is
>>
>>52226104

To be fair, Roryanon did that plenty all by himself.

He even admits to forcing the meme.

Also, hi voip.
>>
>>52226116
Not voip, just a fan who still waits eagerly for the Dragon game logs.

Dragons2 is like the sub-par spinoff to a good show.
>>
>>52226136
oh my god and that makes rory the poochy
>>
>>52226104

We only have ourselves to blame for that, we memed Rory into the roster and now a game that used to be amusing and surprisingly ambitious has become nothing more than an exercise in harem.
>>
>>52226151
>implying he wasn't ALWAYS poochy.

FlippingDeagle really screwed the pooch letting that screwy pooch in.
>>
>>52226136

Okay then, tell me what you would have done to make Dragons 2 good?
>>
>>52226136
>>52226155
Eh, to you guys maybe. The players are having fun and it's not very haremlike at all in practice.
>>
>>52226177
Honestly, Rory wasn't--and isn't, going by the what I hear of the actual game--the problem. It's the controversy that makes it so hard to enjoy, and the knowledge that the player is probably flighty enough to make similar mistakes in the future.

But if I had to change the game apart from the logs having never been leaked, I might honestly swap out Rorymei (one-note trap), Rory (still pretty much on account of player), and maybe even Rinka (cute but could fit in any game).
>>
I want to build a Ranger that's good at ranged damage. Should I instead make a blaster sorcerer?
>>
>>52226251
And who would you swap in?
>>
>>52226251
But anon, who did you like enough that you think they would make good replacements?

Are we going to have another "which apps that didn't get in did people like" episode?
>>
>>52226251
Though I agreed with you at first, Rorymei in practice has proved to actually be a pretty interesting character and I'm glad he got picked
>>
>>52226271
>>52226276
Any two-to-three of Brejik, Irving, Ivelia, Ulfric, and Kardzaros.
>>
>>52226269

Ranger is probably going to be better for damage.
>>
>>52226316
You're not trying to ruse me, are you?
>>
>>52226288
There's gotta be a better way to gauge players than what we're doing because it sounds like a real crapshoot under current methods.
>>
>>52226269
Ranger would be better at pure damage and better at skills, but Sorcerer could have utility spells to go with the blast spells. Blasting would still require HEAVY investment, and won't really be the thing that kills anything above trash mob level enemies, but it can still work.
>>
>>52226312
I'm still upset we don't get to have kardri and rinks attempting to out chuuni eachother
>>
>>52226324

Blasting sorcs can be okay but I think elemental resistance will fuck you over. The sorc builds that do damage well are also sort of janky looking to a DM, where as rangers are "honest"
>>
>>52226324
Proper martials generally do out damage blasters which are mostly a playstyle for selfish jerks. Damage isn't why casters are considered so powerful.
>>
>>52226324
A dedicated archer is about as good as a sorcerer. If you pull out all the stops--blood havoc, orc bloodline, draconic/primal bloodline, etc.--you can have a respectable bonus to go with your damage dice.

Otherwise ranger is probably better for consistent damage.
>>
>>52226333
Yeah y'all are REALLY basing shit off of incomplete knowledge. It's much less of a shitshow or a harem or pool of controversy than people seem to think; everyone's pretty chill and having fun.
>>
File: thinking emoji.png (60KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.png
60KB, 500x350px
Isn't Rinka basically just Gadget from Rescue Rangers?
>>
>>52226269
>Should I instead make a blaster sorcerer?
That's an odd way to spell bowquisitor.
>>
>>52226376
That's the reality of pfg
>>
>>52226333

It's a problem of philosophy.

/pfg/ wants exciting, hot, lewd characters and don't trust individual personalities.

But just because someone can choose good art and write up a backstory over the course of a month doesn't mean they're worth a damn as players. They might fall flat actually playing someone in real time. That's something you need to get a feel for with prelude sessions or at least a conversation with a player.

I feel a general compromise would be to maybe have each and every applicant have a chat with the GM. 50 conversations over a month isn't too excessive.

I credit getting into /pfg/ games because I make it a point to talk to the GM once or twice before the application process is done.
>>
>>52226389
Someone post Russian gadget cultists
>>
>>52226395
I actually avoid interacting with DMs even If I have access to them Because I'm worried about it being unfair to the players that don't.
>>
>>52226421
Fucking cellphone randomly capitalizing stuff
>>
>>52226389
She probably would be if she balanced out her over the top chuuni act with the nervousness/vulnerability she's obviously overcompensating for.
>>
File: 1446243926380.jpg (106KB, 476x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446243926380.jpg
106KB, 476x1000px
Do you ever score your games or try to make up theme songs for your characters?

What would be your favorite song on the OST for the game you're currently in/running?
>>
>>52226392
What the hell makes sense about a Ranger Inquisitor?
>>
>>52226465
Wasnt that implied in her character stuff
>>
File: 1485827191997.png (939KB, 1015x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1485827191997.png
939KB, 1015x1553px
So pfg, how come you haven't applied as a cute assassin to Pablo Escabar's Encyclopedia?
>>
>>52226489
Where do you think I'm getting it from
>>
>>52226508
Ah I misunderstood
>>
>>52226362
How is blasting selfish compared to standard casting bullshit?
>>
>>52226333
The only people who actually LOOK at the characters beyond surface memes are reviewanons. Almost EVERY memed character has one or two traits and a character image looked at and shitposted about while everything else about them gets ignored. Hell, even having a good, well-reviewed app doesn't even gauge the actual player's ability to play the character, something which requires time and sessions to develop a sense of for both the player themselves and the rest of the group.

Example: Guy who made pic related is a huge faggot who can't play for beans.
>>
>>52226499

I don't want to play a cute assassin girl.

I want to *fuck* a cute assassin girl.
>>
>>52226499
>female assassins
>in a monster rape game
M-maybe I should...
>>
>>52226528

>Pic related
>Doesn't post pic
>>
>Proclamation the Fifth: Grain is life!
I dunno. This Brazilian Thrune guy doesn't sound so bad. Why is everyone trying to out him?
>>
>>52226535
>>52226538
Just drop hints to the GM of another game that you'd want some kind of bruce wayne and catwoman dynamic with your character and a rival.
>>
File: 2hu Barely Contained.gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
2hu Barely Contained.gif
109KB, 209x193px
>>52226528
>>52226552
>it's another "4chan ate my image" episode

it's better this way, I suppose
>>
>>52226555

He killed the strong independent black mayor who don't need no man to get his position.
>>
>>52226521
A lot of resources go into narrowing your wide powerful class so it can step on the toes of the one thing other party members traditionally do better. A lot of your tools can end up demanding that your frontliners make a reflex save.
>>
>>52226177

Not fucking abruptly end applications five days before the original posted end date. Fucking poor ass excuses for why, too.
>>
>>52226580
But previous major wasn't even black.
>>
>>52226580
You know that is a spoiler right?
>>
>>52226579

No please, tell us who it is!

What's the name of the character? Tell us! Tell us!
>>
>>52226586

The real issue is leaving apps open for so long. No one is so busy they couldn't apply within a week of a listing being posted.
>>
>>52226586
What was the reason? I didn't apply.
>>
The bull shit about Rory's player needs to stop.

He's been officially warned already. Anything beyond this point is needless shit slinging
>>
>>52226609
I am too busy too apply within a week, but something like a two month app period is too long.
>>
>>52226597

>Precious previous mayor mysteriously died and then the huge asshole moved in

Not much of a spoiler
>>
>>52226614
NICE TRY FALSEFLAGGER, STIRRING UP THE POT SO THAT WE'LL RORYPOST MORE. I'M ONTO YOU.
>>
>>52226614
Sure but what are people gonna meme about then next
>>
>>52226614
Belay that order, there's not enough bullshit about Rory yet.
>>
>>52226562
Won't really work if the GM's too much of a sperg.

I spent the better part of a year actively telling my GM what kind of women my character would be looking out for in the vain hopes that I'd at least get a token fade-to-black one-night-stand.

Political intrigue and getting shit on for trying to be heroes is evidently more important.
>>
>>52226609
People want reviews. And a rewrite. That shit sometimes takes a while. A week is too short, imo.
>>
>>52226596

She might as well have been, the woman was basically described as the best thing ever until a fucking white male moved in and took her spot.
>>
>>52226625
It is a question of fucking principle Anon
Getting loose with minor spoilers always leads to nobody caring about spoilers and then they just let them slip as they want
>>
File: can't stare too much.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
can't stare too much.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>52226562
W-what? Me? With an anon?
>>
File: Brown Cat in a Box.jpg (123KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
Brown Cat in a Box.jpg
123KB, 1200x799px
>>52226599
No.

>>52226611
Memes were going too far, and eagle decided it was the perfect opportunity to bathe himself in the salt of anons everywhere and hopefully stem the tide of shitposts. It did not go as planned.
>>
File: makoto-ssf4-select.jpg (125KB, 900x840px) Image search: [Google]
makoto-ssf4-select.jpg
125KB, 900x840px
>>52226638
Goddamnit it's eating everyone's images now. Pic related was the kind of character my sorcerer was looking for.
>>
I'm lost help
>>
>>52226614
>>52226630
>needless shit slinging

Wow, you're telling me it isn't just that?
>>
>>52226654
oh you were going to post this meme again
>>
>>52226638

I never understood the DM fascination with shitting on the players for a couple months in the weird belief that it will only make them even more heroic.

You know, if I'm getting treated like shit by a citizenry I'm trying to save from the corrupt king, I might just begin to think the citizenry DESERVE a tyrant.
>>
>>52226673
It's a shitty meme
>>
>>52226690
it really is
>>
>>52226651

Call it the cycle of abuse then, because I've been spoiled by things I held dear and I don't really see the need to protect people who never gave a fuck about protecting me.
>>
>>52226650
You really are trying to push that narrative, aren't you?
>>
>>52226707
That is merely an excuse.
>>
>>52226707
Worst villainous backstory ever.
>>
>>52226684
It's the pretension to REALISM that usually causes it. GM thought it'd be REALISTIC for the mayor of the trading hub to start bitching us out and calling us naive assholes after we killed a local warlord.

A warlord who had been in the process of attacking his town.
With a whole army.
And who was actually a mature adult red dragon in disguise.
And who had been actively press-ganging every monster, tribesman, and nomad he could find into joining his army.
With the stated goal of conquering the entire region.

But no, we're the assholes because it's not REALISTIC for us to pull this Seven Samurai shit.
>>
>>52226715

What narrative? Times were great under the previous mayor because she kept her fingers out of the city's progressive habits, and then Barney moved in, killed her, and made life miserable.
>>
>>52226715
Act like retards, you attract retards.
>>
>>52226743

Has something like that ever happened in history?

A handful of men saving a town from a warlord, I mean.

What happened to those men?
>>
>>52226755
The "hurr durr white man bad" one. I didn't read Hell's Rebels storyline too much but I didn't really got that feeling myself. Yes, plucky CG hipster rebels, but not that.
>>
>>52226743
Yeah fuck him for trying to make it feel how he thinks it will feel more immersive
Obviously he should had just make it like a fairytale roleplaying is
>>
>>52226811
seven samurai is historical

and they mostly died
>>
>>52226811
All the time, it's just that these stories stay at "folk" level because they're only "folk" scale.

Vietnamese tradition is fucking filled with these stories. I can't say I know as much about other cultures but I'm sure you'd find a few in virtually any history.
>>
>>52226824

Oh, well it's just a habit that stuck since Hell's Rebels was released around the same time that infamous "because you're a FUCKING WHITE MALE" video was released, and since Barney is indeed a white male, and a very evil one, I just sorta stuck with saying it.
>>
>>52226811
>>52226834
>>52226841

I don't know what answer you're looking for, but those men certainly didn't have Metal Gear-level sniping ability, a gigantic angel-elk, a magic pipe organ, and enough spells to turn the bulk of his army to ash inside of two minutes.

Which we did.
>>
Is it better to spend a feat to take Martial Training I or to dip a level in an initiating class?
>>
>>52226841
Fair point. Perhaps Avengers is more appropriate.

Wait. Marvel universe. Nevermind.
>>
>>52226896

The Avengers is a rip-off of Jason and the Argonauts, which had a magical ship and the Hulk.
>>
>>52226850
>Metal Gear-level sniping ability
The End, Quiet, Sniper Wolf, Crying Wolf, or Solid Snake?
>>
>>52226717

At least he's not spoiling how the entire campaign hinges on the party giving a damn about some loser getting mugged in an alleyway.
>>
>>52226850
If you are all highly violent and dangerous individuals, then of course the civilians are going to be fucking scared of you
>>
>>52226934
>Solid Snake
>Sniping
>when the only time you need to ever use a sniper rifle it's easier and more efficient to just lie down and Nikita rocket barrage SW.
>>
>>52226934
If I had to judge, not quite The End, maybe closer to Sniper Wolf or Quiet. I'm not exactly sure how that range you've given scales, been a while since I was actively reading up on lore.
>>
>>52226943
Our DM took the Skyrim route
It is easier to meet him if you are all stuck in the prisoner cart with him
>>
>>52226842
>Marry handsome Vietnamese boy
>Husband executed for plotting against Chinese overlords
>Take your sister and go on a liberation spree, capturing dozens of cities and establishing sister queens
>China sends Lu Bu Ma Yuan to stop you
>Chinese soldiers strip themselves naked
>Lose because you have to preserve your modesty
Vietnamese folk tales all sound like wacky campaigns.
>>
>>52226948
>forgetting that he took SW down by doing a sick backflip no-scope snipe
Legend on the Battlefield
>>
>>52226987
>he didn't play the ORIGINAL Metal Gear Solid.
Fucking millennials.
>>
>>52226946
So why would a mayor of a small town bitch out these dangerous individuals who just wiped out a small army?

Why would he antagonise them?
>>
>>52227022
Because he is afraid?
There is nothing normal about PC parties.
They are uncontrollable maniacs on a mission
>>
>>52227014
nigga, you and I both know that, had the tech been available at the time, Kojima would've totally done it in a heart beat
>>
>>52227022
Because they're the good guys? Duh.

The same reason he wouldn't bitch out the warlord.

He knows the warlord would kill him. But these chumps? HA. They literally CAN'T kill him.
>>
File: 1461359045890.jpg (614KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461359045890.jpg
614KB, 1200x1200px
Have any of your characters used djezet skin armor or psychoactive skins? Or, have you played an aegis? How did NPCs react to your character?
>>
>>52227043
Oh, aren't you edgy. FYI, the stated "mission" was "stop the warlord and make sure none of the townspeople get hurt."

>>52227022
His main complaint was basically that we upset the status quo he'd grown comfortable with. GM seemed to always want to get at least one dig in no matter what we did, to the point that in another campaign he had an NPC specifically designed to be the outraged complainer.
>>
>>52227044
NANOMACHINES
>>
>>52227095
Sure it is stupid if it is straight and dry mission like that
Gotta make sure the narrative and actual plot match
>>
>>52227043
Where exactly does the "Player Characters are Achilles-level idiot berserkers" meme come from, anyway? Just butthurt GMs complaining on /tg/ about their boss fight being anticlimactic?
>>
File: Hello salt my old friend.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hello salt my old friend.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>52227081
>tfw you will never be good at art
>tfw even fetish artists with magic markers will be better than you
>>
>>52227144
where the fuck do you think
from lived experiences in the late 90s-early 2000s
>>
>>52227148

Fuckface deserves to suffer ever since they let Sweet Manbaby back on the channel.
>>
>>52227144
It's a self-perpetuating cycle at this point.

>Some players just are idiot That Guys
>GMs give up and start treating all their players like asshole problem children
>New players get tired of every NPC being a mouthpiece for GM to talk shit
>Players start lashing out when GM won't let them do anything fun
>GM remains convinced he's right, players go on to expect that this is normal behavior and infect other games
>>
>>52224343
If we go by the girls with discernable personalities:
>maice if you like bad girls
>cashmere if not
>>
File: 0replies.jpg (32KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
0replies.jpg
32KB, 500x379px
>>52226881
>>
>>52227272
Depends on how much your class relies on levels. As a caster, paladin, or cavalier, probably not. As a barbarian, fighter, ranger, or rogue, yeah, you can stand a dip.
>>
>>52226614
SE, you know that's not how this works.

Anyway acknowledgement of its existence prolongs it, and asking for it to end doubles the process.

This Is 4chan after all.
>>
File: 26cfa67.jpg (24KB, 470x372px) Image search: [Google]
26cfa67.jpg
24KB, 470x372px
Alright ANONS

I have a double-whammy for you, that's as exciting as finding TWO breakfast cereal prizes at the bottom of the box, getting TWO cokes out of the vending machine, or finding out you don't have AIDS.

The first? I'm gonna spend four or morr hours blitzing through and filling out setting info on Blood Mountain, because people have been bugging me about it and I finally have a weekend to do it. The excessive amounts of monstergirls will be stripped, I'll write up rules on magic wizard guns, you'll get more info about culture and society, and I'll even get plans together for a sample adventure. Happy?

The second? You're gonna get your goddamn Armorist guide and you're gonna love it (or at least view it favorably) like I love hashbrowns, Daisy Dukes, and the second amendment. I'm gonna be super honest, the Armorist has got me stoked, primarily because it rests in the same niche as the Spiritualist and Medium in terms of content- unloved and often looked over. I'd be happy to do a guide on it

Pic related, he's the final boss of Blood Mountain, Pupperus. CR 30/MR 10 dog

Y'all have a good day now
>>
>>52225681
People that think this are just setting themselves up for disappointment
>>
>>52227345
>People that come to 4chan are just setting themselves up for disappointment
Fix'd your post.
>>
>>52227314
Isn't part of the Armorists problem that it just isn't very good?
>>
Uh, I got a question, was it ever clarified on the interaction from Rising Zenith Strike and Scarlet Eye's Perception?

Scarlet Eye's Perception is a swift boost that makes the next melee attack touch. Rising Zenith Strike is Sense Motive vs AC, double damage

What happens? Do I then use Sense Motive vs Touch then?

Also, can you actually power attack on Rising Zenith Strike?

>>52223064
Adamant's Priest would fit perfectly, especially since its actually a straight port of Cloistered Cleric from 3e
>>
>>52227411
Fundamentally, yes. All its pick-from-a-list abilities are underwhelming compared to even the stuff a Spiritualist does.
>>
>>52227265
>>52227265
Maice makes my dick diamonds
>>
>>52227411
That and it's crazy boring.
>>
>>52227411
This is true. I'm still gonna write a Guide for it precisely because it needs one. It's a budget Soulknife/Aegis and I really wish DDS would give it some more love. Its just

So barebones.
>>
>>52227429
I think RAW you use Sense Motive vs Touch AC.
>>
>>52227504
Check Secrets of the Iron Titan. Fluff as needed.
>>
>>52227555
Secrets of the Iron Titan? Got a link to it anon?
>>
>>52227314
>check mageknight guide
>"Jump REAL WELL"
>not "jump good"

wow way to go faggot
>>
>>52227584
sendspace.com/file/qr0h70
>>
>>52225642
i ship rinka x lio

Chuuni and a disney princess what could go wrong
>>
>>52227586
How did I miss that? I'm a fool. You can take my license to write guides away and make me eat my boots if I make another mistake, deal?

>>52227642
Thanks Anon, I'll look it over soon as I get settled in and can read it
>>
You know its pretty cool that spheres doesn't require you to twink out super hard to make a good blaster

you're still a bit overspecialized, but you can legit blast without having to suck the dick of crossblooded +1 damage arcanas
>>
>>52227314
>The excessive amounts of monstergirls will be stripped,
Will we at least still have them though?
I want my swamp muck mermaids and cottonmouth nagas! Motherley burr-oak dryads and pettily spiteful mesquite alrauns! I wanna see a Texan Bighorn Sheepgirl and an Alaskan Dahl's Sheepgirl arguing about how different they are from eachother, despite being very similiar!

I wanna see the wildflowers carpet Caprock in the spring whilst on a picnic with my qt Buffalo gf!

I want 10ft tall Gator Men posing at each other like its Redneck JoJo!
>>
>>52227757
Same kinda shit as Aegis or SynSum, really.
>>
>>52227784
They're probably AROUND, just the setting doc isn't going into huge detail about all of them. All that good shit can happen in game.
>>
>>52227429
You can power attack, but the penalty to hit applies to your Sense Motive.
>>
>>52227770
Someone in my group made a 2hu using the blasting build from Spheres and people noted that she is punching above her weight yes

Still loses out versus my arcanist in pure blasting damage since I went for hilarity involving Bloodline of Fire(+2 CL for fire spells), Draconic bloodline and all that but at the low levels of 3-5, until I get Fireball, my blasting is going to be super dangerous given that my AoE is 15' range
>>
>>52227836
honestly you don't even have to use a 2hu autism build

Take the d8 blasts, and take the talent for +1 damage per dice and you're basically in business for solid blasting.
>>
>>52227784
I mean

They'll still EXIST, they just won't be such a huge focus on the campaign. I want to focus on weird cultures (buffalo pacifists? Wolves that get along well with their human peers? The utilitarian philosophy of some frontier towns?), strange monsters (the Teakettler cat, that shoots steam out of its head! The Agropelter, an imp that pesters you with sticks! The Axehandle hound, a monstrous dog that eats wood, with a razor sharp crest on its head!) and odd artifacts more than I want to focus on the waifu of the week. I'm still planning on Buffalo/Wolves/Crows still being the most important types, but the whole horses and deer and cats and such? They're on the side, they won't play as much of a focus unless you actively seek them out.

Now, see, Redneck gator-men posing at each other like it's JoJo? You bet your ass that's Canon now. I love that idea.
>>
>>52227749
Lio has signed on as Rinka's financial backer and enthusiastically respects her as a powerful witch and a genius, so the basis is definitely there
>>
>>52227873
nice.

nice.
>>
>>52227749
SMASH THE R@
>>
So okay, Mithral Current is the weeb iaijutsu discipline, but then why is Scarlet Throne, the Western Knight discipline, the one to get all the "One stroke kill" maneuvers? Just funny when I think about it

>>52227845
He wasnt even going with that build really but still he was tossing out like 4d6 blasts with no saves from L2

It was 2hu in the sense he was actually playing somebody from Gensokyo
>>
Anyone know how HV turned out? Its been a week and I haven't seen any green of their antics yet.
>>
>>52227936

Because it's also the discipline for fencing. A stop thrust is supposed to be scary.
>>
>>52227960
because they were hit with an unfortunate GM-based delay, their first game got pushed back a week
>>
>>52227927
oh i want to see that rat get smashed if you know what i mean
>>
>>52227936
Because Mithral Current is only weeb in the sense that they called the quickdraw "Iaijutsu," and gave the Bushi katana proficiency. Huge mistake, because now people think you're doing Mithral Current wrong if you use anything else. Both Current and Throne are meant as "duelist" disciplines for light agile combatants.

As for Scarlet Throne's OHKOs, those are also a mistake based on not understanding how high you can pump Sense Motive and the power of a guaranteed 3x crit.
>>
>>52227824
>>52227866
I was mostly joking and meming, but good to see some good came of it.

Just imagine, gators posing menacingly at each other whilst other gators play banjo in the background for ambiance.

Also, someone explain to me why there are no banjo covers of jojo songs on Youtube? Plenty of kazoos, but no banjos!
>>
>>52227968
Were they bamboozled?
>>
File: russian gadget cultists.jpg (32KB, 584x343px) Image search: [Google]
russian gadget cultists.jpg
32KB, 584x343px
>>52226413
>>
>>52227987
No, Argentum is too well known to bamboozle

He got 'snowfucked'
>>
>>52227975
Rinka is for sweet cuddling and loving support and maybe gentle kisses between her thighs but only if she's comfortable with that
>>
>>52227975

You mean you want to see her get super-drunk, and go from confidently boasting about her godly arcane might to a weepy, insecure mess that needs to be carried to bed and tucked in?
>>
>>52228001
SMASH THE R@
>>
>>52227964
I just thought it funny that one of my friends took Mithral Current intending to be Kenshin Himura or an FF14 Samurai and got upstaged by me in the one stroke kill part while using the same class, exchanged a discipline for Scarlet Throne and focused more on that instead of Mithral Current
>>
>>52228007
yes
>>
>>52228011
>FF14 Samurai
>when it's not out yet
????
>>
>>52227986
Yes. I'm gonna use it. "Gator-folk are well known for their displays of dominance, often involving many musicians, flamboyant fashions, and over-the-top name-calling in an attempt to intimidate each other"
>>
>>52227845
>Take the d8 blasts, and take the talent for +1 damage per dice and you're basically in business for solid blasting.
Trust me, you are not past shank town.

Even the 2hu autism build barely functions as a damage dealer past level 5. It's a Jagen build.
>>
>>52228007
>I hope you're princess carrying her to bed, and when you tuck her in, you rub the top of her head and kiss her forehead and whisper "Sleep tite, lil mite" softly in her ear
>>
>>52228029
Anon, FFXIV has been out since before PoW:E
>>
>>52228029
He based on the trailer where a lone Samurai just sheathes his blade against an army and when he draws, the ensuing draw takes out both the bullets and the army
>>
>>52228064
how does an effective increase of +2 per die to every blast not do fine at blasting

Hint it does
>>
>>52227991

Normally, I'd find that a little strange, but I think in Russia, you take whatever happiness you can get.
>>
>>52228073
of course I will; I'm a princess myself after all
>>
>>52228075
>Job announcement was around a month ago
:thinking:
>>52228082
I guess that could make sense, but it's still not a lot to go off of. plenty of other weebshit to use.
>>
>>52228073
TOO LEWD
>>
>>52228096
It doesn't.

You won't kill at CR enemies with that, and keep in mind one of those +1 is if you don't use a blast shape. It looks good on paper, but it's starts to be really pathetic at mid levels.
>>
>>52225576
Source?
>>
File: Yuugiitchy.jpg (253KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Yuugiitchy.jpg
253KB, 600x600px
I just want to post an image. I haven't been on /pfg/ in a bit, nor am I up to date with its current autism.

How's the avowed? I heard it got some nerfs?

Yuugi is best girl.
>>
>>52228126
it actually keeps up fairly well, since you should be above par with # of damage dice with even a decent build

And a blaster shouldn't be killing at CR enemies in a single blast, they should be catching multiple enemies in a blast and leaving them for easy mop-up for the rest of the squad
>>
>>52227936
It's weeb because you get to launch sword beams, and it has some of the best counters in PoW.
>>
>>52228096
Example. At level 10 using an empowered searing blast with all the 2hu fixings.

Damage=10 base+1 Incanter+2 Greater Blast+3(Staff)=16d6+16 if an AoE or 16d6+32 if a SINGLE TARGET

First is an average of 108 damage BEFORE saves and BEFORE resistances out the asshole.
>>52228145
>And a blaster shouldn't be killing at CR enemies in a single blast
Yes, they should. If you're job is "do damage" and you aren't one shooting at CR threats, you're basically wasting you're turns. If you wanted to leave enemies easy to "mop up" for melee guys you should have just been a regular battle field control person.
>>
>>52228150
What are the best counters? TBA from Riven Hourglass, Flowing Creek from Mithral Current, what else?
>>
>>52228140

Yeah, seems like the math's been jumping back and forth a bit. Might give it time to settle.

Don't know who that is, so I can't really dispute it.
>>
oh no
dont start arguing about dpr again
>>
>>52228201
>doesn't even include metamagic

Are you retarded?
>>
>>52228230
>At level 10 using an empowered searing blast
>empowered
Are YOU retarded.
>>
>>52228246
In spheres? To instantly clear the board of multiple enemies?

Absolutely yes. Without a doubt yes.

Which, would you look at that, puts an average CR10 enemy in absolute one shot range if they fail save.
>>
File: 0046_03.gif (71KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
0046_03.gif
71KB, 468x240px
>mfw I did not optimize enough and now I'm dead
my life is done
im hanging myself
>>
>>52228257
That 108 damage IS empowered. 16d6+16 is an average of 72. That times 1.5 is 108 a CR 10 enemies has on average 130 hit-points.
>>
>>52228264
Death is worse, anon.
>>
>>52228276
then your math was confusing as fuck because you didn't show the empowered dice

Also if its a searing blast wouldn't it be d8s instead of d6s?

SHOW YOUR WORK PLS
>>
File: koricropped.png (421KB, 402x632px) Image search: [Google]
koricropped.png
421KB, 402x632px
>>52228140
Being able to add Charisma to every combat attribute turned out to be a huge problem, and Channel broke the game because we forgot to account for weapon special abilities beyond numerical enhancement bonuses. We've still got issues with Overcharge Modulation, potentially, but it looks like those might be more related to the doubling of dice coming online too early. We don't have any more major changes planned, and we'll keep you notified if any smaller tweaks are coming. Watch this space.
>>
File: no anon.gif (35KB, 462x239px) Image search: [Google]
no anon.gif
35KB, 462x239px
>>52228264
>>
>>52228326
>>52228326
>>52228326

NEW THREAD
>>
File: 0046_14.gif (28KB, 462x239px) Image search: [Google]
0046_14.gif
28KB, 462x239px
>tfw you get gm'd by 2hu
>>
>>52228331
>Jack Chick was writing about 2hu the whole time
It makes so much sense!
>>
>>52228219
Eldritch Consumption, Redirecting Flux from Elemental Flux. Iron Shell tends to have decent counters.

Mithral Current though boy.
Disruptive Wave: Charge a caster for hitting you with a spell, and make an attack against them, interrupting their spell casting.

Ride the Current: No skill check, just move 10 feet out of range (hopefully). Also if your weapon is sheathed, attack them once beforehand.

Following Stream: Perform Dance vs. attack or Reflex. Negate and move towards originator without provoking AoO. Weapon sheathed? Make an attack against them afterwards.

Flowing River: Perform (Dance) vs. save. Move next to originator and guess what happens if your weapon is sheathed? Yeah, you attack them.

Riven Hourglass? Beat the Clock gives a Standard action immediately. Heart of Time Lord is a Heal spell when dropped below 0.

Scarlet Throne has Sanguine Perseverance which is Sense Motive to replace any Save.
>>
>>52228293
Same set up as before
+16 is from Primal Fire Bloodline.
That's my fuck up. with the searing
(16x4.5+16)=88*1.5=132. Wow, would you look at that. You killed it assuming it doesn't pass it's save, you roll average, and they aren't resistant/immune to the most COMMON ELEMENT IN THE GAME.

It's "fine" now, but the gap is going to keep getting wider as time goes on and the HP and saves continue to inflate.

Also, it took you 3 spell-points and a full-round action.
>>
>>52228304

That woman is really, really cute!
>>
>>52228367
this is like saying 'wow, you killed it assuming you didn't miss your attacks' to a martial.
>>
File: yuugibreak.jpg (766KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
yuugibreak.jpg
766KB, 1000x800px
>>52228220
Hoshiguma Yuugi is an oni one of the four deva's of Mt Ooe; she's also known as "Yuugi the Strong".

If you cant be strong at least be capable of holding your liquor and you'll get along great with her.

Apparently her special power in touhouverse is wielding unexplainable phenomena. (Anomalies, Strength, Disorder, and Spirits)
>>
>>52224254
>Now, I have a few ideas, including some older ones I've dabbled with in the past, that I'm willing to juggle around and play with such as either making either Sphere specific modes of play, or adding a cash-out mechanic for Arcana, and further there's also the fact that I have to contend with Mystic Assault now being a thing.
>However, before I become dedicated to a single design philosophy, I'd like to poll your brains as to what YOU, the wonderful degenerates of /pfg/ want out of your Sphere Magus! I know a few of you would like a Red Mage, and that can be handled well enough, but what else would ya'll wanna see in this archetype?

I think the way Mystic Assault is written it doesn't stack with Spell Combat, so it's not really a huge issue. As for the Magus, as long as you keep the one-handed weapon component, I think you'll be fine. For spell combat, I'd say 'as long as you have a hand free, you can use a sphere ability that requires a touch attack as an off hand weapon, and when you do, use your magus level as your caster level'. This gives people a reason to stay in Magus past 2nd level.
Thread posts: 457
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.