[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you go about giving your game a proper Metal Gear flavor,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (305KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 800x1131px
How would you go about giving your game a proper Metal Gear flavor, /tg/? What makes Metal Gear what it is?
>>
File: lolishrug.png (99KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
lolishrug.png
99KB, 234x231px
>bipedal robits
>nukes
>elite enemy squad with themed names
>a mixture of supernatural and technological
>over the top drama/comedy
>>
>>52210108
But what are some good, practical ways to implement these in an rpg?
>>
>>52210029
Influence from japanese animes
>>
>>52210029
>>>52210108
>But what are some good, practical ways to implement these in an rpg?

I'm not who you're replying too and honestly I'm not to versed in ttrpgs but I would think a way to implement MGS theme is to make an rpg about them.
>>
>>52210029
I think you would chase the players away with complicated plots and attention to detail.
>>
>>52210029
You have to interrupt combat constantly to give your players the rundown.
>>
>>52210363
>Godrick, that's Elya Mintaro, a powerful sorceress! Watch out for her ice magic!
>>
File: 1489615172453[1].png (135KB, 1859x746px) Image search: [Google]
1489615172453[1].png
135KB, 1859x746px
>>52210029
The latest worm thread discussed this actually.

Play a mutant's and masterminds game where the PCs are part of a government kill team consisting of badasses, powered people and badass powered people, work out what you want to do from there.
>>
>>52210029
[s]ME[/s] CARDBOARD BAWKSES
>>
File: [x] press loli.gif (230KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
[x] press loli.gif
230KB, 480x270px
>>52210146
>>52210029
Literally just shadowrun with a cheesy BBEG and generals.
>>
>>52210451
>Implying I wasn't inspired by that thread
>>
>>52210029
I wonder if some of these posters have actually played a Metal Gear game before.

Metal Gear is about keeping a tone that is both very silly and very serious, as well as stretching the limits of plausibility. Crazy stuff should happen, and you should be asking, "wait, could that actually happen? Does that explanation make sense?"
>>
>>52210029
Beginning and ending each session with a mentioning of Hideo Kojima.
>>
>>52210029
No mission should ever be what it seems. Something big should always be hidden from the players until the end.
>>
>>52210483
Basically this. MGS is a game of black trenchcoats performing espionage against a military group comprised of pink mohawks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.