[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get an effective character sheet that contains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: xo1b33bzklly.jpg (576KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
xo1b33bzklly.jpg
576KB, 2048x1536px
Is it possible to get an effective character sheet that contains only checkboxes?
>>
>>52208399
Maybe? The system would have to be exceptionally light, with everything boiling down to binary states, probably "trained in task" and "untrained".
>>
Yes. It works perfectly fine for more narrative games.
>>
>>52208399
That's pretty much World of Darkness
>>
Choose one:
8 Strength [ ]
9 Strength [ ]
10 Strength [ ]
11 Strength [ ]
12 Strength [ ]
13 Strength [ ]
14 Strength [ ]
15 Strength [ ]
16 Strength [ ]
17 Strength [ ]
18 Strength [ ]

Choose one:
8 Dexterity [ ]...
>>
>>52208399
>
>
>
The issue is that there's going to be situations where something like '5 strength' will be clearer, more informative, and more efficient than trying to express different levels of strength a character can have through check boxes
>>
Possible - yes. Practical - no. There is a way of spelling your character's name using only ticked-unticked checkboxes, but it's hilariously impractical and only used for those school exams that computers read.
Your countries have that, yes?
>>
>>52208704
Aw why doesn't basic unicode show up
>>
WoD and Savage Worlds almost do that already.
>>
>>52208399
>that contains only checkboxes
Yes, it's called binary code.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Turing_machine
>>
>>52208682
The Dots system isn't checkboxes, though. It's writing down scores by filling in the appropriate bubbles instead of putting down a number in a blank space, not a binary checked/unchecked system.

Also there's a bunch of writing about your clan, outlook, special powers, etc.
>>
>>52208695
+1 STR [ ]
+2 STR [ ]
+4 STR [ ]
+8 STR [ ]
+16 STR [ ]

+1 DEX [ ]
+2 DEX [ ]
>>
nobilis?
>>
>>52209130
Are you joking? Nobilis is all writing all the time.
>>
>>52208399

Sure. It wouldn't even be hard to do, but you would be limited by the size of the sheet itself, since you'll have to list every single character option on the sheet, and that's going to result in a dramatically smaller amount of options than most games.
>>
>>52209066

The dots are isometric to numeric ratings: the second check box is still binary to whether you have that level or not, whether you want to call it STR 3 (for DM notetaking convenience, mostly) or "I've checked off Preliminary Str, Standard Str, and Advanced Str, but I don't have Excellent Str or Exceptional Str yet."

As far as the fill-ins go, you *could* put them on the sheet as checkable options, but it's going to eat a lot of page real estate.
>>
>>52208399
If you can prove that checkbox notation is Turing complete, you can have whole damn system made solely of checkboxes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.