[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when GW jumped the sh--- OH SHIT I CANT DO IT!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 35

File: 03-KO-ArkanautIronclad-Content.jpg (560KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
03-KO-ArkanautIronclad-Content.jpg
560KB, 1000x1000px
Where were you when GW jumped the sh--- OH SHIT I CANT DO IT! IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING AWESOME! I CANT EVEN FUCKING SHITPOST THIS PROPERLY!

I mean, how can I hate this? How can anyone hate this? I am supposed to despise this company, and yet time and time again they pull shit out that's like it was meant for me. I've barely been able to hold out being charmed for so long with those treemen and megaorks, then they give us this: metal bearded steampunk dwarven sky pirates on gunships. It pushes all the right buttons as though when I sleep my body sleepwalks and travels across the ocean and works with the GW design team.

I almost pains me to say this, but I think I'm going to have to make the jump into AoS. Maybe it really isn't that bad, I mean I see it growing exponentially as evidenced allover the internet, maybe there's something about it. I usually didn't give it a thought due to lack of interest, but I don't even have that excuse anymore.

Fuck, wtf, I like aos now.
>>
>Squats are back
>>
File: 1485842757382.jpg (19KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1485842757382.jpg
19KB, 540x405px
>>52187105
Well damn.
>>
>>52187105
Kek get a load of this cu-.. god fucking dammit, he's right
>>
Well, GW is still a shit game company, but they are finally delivering on their "we are a model company" line with mostly positive releases
>>
>>52187105
Wtf I love GW now
>>
File: GAMA-KO-BrokkGrungsson-Content.jpg (61KB, 203x266px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-KO-BrokkGrungsson-Content.jpg
61KB, 203x266px
>>52187105
>WEAPONISED

>MUSTACHES
>>
>>52187240
WARNING: WE HAVE REACHED PEAK STEAMPUNK
>>
>>52187212
They abandoned that mantra when Kirby was ousted. They obviously know they are at least equally a game company now.
>>
>>52187291
Then they are still Satan
>>
>playing AoS
It's a pretty cool mini I'll use in KoW.
>>
>>52187240
>literal tophat and monocle
This setting has surpassed satire.
>>
>>52187124
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>52187291
>game company
>aos
>current 40k
I don't think so Timmy. According to this release they are a model company, and a good one at that.
>>
>>52187410
Well you never know, their rules could be interesting, fun and good.
>>
>>52187105
This model sucks.
>>
>>52187105
My question would be, is this for Age of Sigmar, or for warhammer 40k. Cos it's sciency but I don't think they would introduce the squats back like that.
>>
>>52187426
Meh, age of sigmar is such a boring and sluggish ruleset I doubt it.
>>
>>52187430
said no-one ever
>>
>>52187105
>I mean, how can I hate this? How can anyone hate this?
By having a good taste?
>>
>>52187433
AoS
>>
>>52187433
Don't you have facebook? Or look up their community website? It's all here for a reason, you can see all the pictures and info on there.
>>
>>52187484
>Implying your taste is good taste
>Implying that his taste is bad just because it's not yours
>>
>>52187495
OK, thanks

>>52187527
didn't see those, just saw the youtube video on my feed.
>>
>>52187556
>>Implying your taste is good taste
Well better than OP
>>
>>52187105
If I ever buy this thing the first thing I do is removing this brass shit on top and put it a proper zeppelin baloon. Also put a human crew, this doesn't look dwarf.
>>
>>52187105
Is that Mimiron's head on the top?
>>
>>52187557
Follow thei fb pages and put them on favorite so that their news pop up at the top of your feed.

WarhammerTV is the must imo, then you add 40k, AoS and FW depending on which you like.
>>
>>52187590
1. No
2. No one fucking likes Gnomes and neither does Blizzard
>>
Thread theme:
https://youtu.be/KZ6u7nlgWps
>>
>>52187212
Eh, an awful lot of their new stuff is horribly overdetailed and just visually messy. This one though is surprisingly... not a mess? Like, there's enough areas of no detail that important bits pop out.
>>
>>52187624
Shame some of the infantry models fall to the messy side.
>>
>>52187105
>>52187240
I'm honestly tempted to get these.
They look so fucking silly I love em.
>>
For those who haven't seen the pictures:
www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/
>>
>>52187611
>2. No one fucking likes Gnomes and neither does Blizzard
Then why GW just released bunch of guys from Ulduar and Gnomergan?
>>
>>52187692
Fucking Squats are back baby.
>>
>>52187710
Because you associate everything you dislike with Warcraft?
>>
>>52187692>>52187105
Squats marines?
I don't really know if it's for AoS or Wh40k desu, they are good tough.
>>
>>52187757
>you associate everything you dislike with Warcraft?
Wut?
>>
>>52187105
So they are golems?
>>
>>52187623
>thread theme
>not this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7PlhCxJaDI
>>
>>52187105
I gotta agree, it's a pretty based model.

It'd make a good 9th Age Grudge Buster!
>>
>>52187105
>>52187240
>>52187692
I guess we are being compensating for 40k not having Squats anymore
I have no complaints
>>
>>52187723
Yep imperialis militia abhuman helots with survivors of the dark age provenances. These models will make converting grenadiers and auxiliary engineseers a breeze.
>>
>>52187653
This. The decision to make the technodwarfs into sky pirates was a good one. This stuff is much more fun than the rumoured/wishlisted rune-golem based army.
>>
It'll take a lot more work to fix the rules and setting (and I think the latter is probably irretrievable), but a decent number of the models in the tree elf release and the new sky dwarves look pretty decent. As an anon said earlier, they're finally delivering on the promise of being a high profile 'model company', albeit an ever-increasingly overpriced one.
>>
>>52188258
I dont see the problem with the setting, it's ultrahigh fantasy yes but I like the reversing of Dynamics - evil and chaos is entrenched, good and order are the invaders
>>
>>52187105
>>52187692
These are probably the only good models in the AoS range.

That said, with this, GW has abandoned all pretense of having a fantasy setting distinct from 40K. These niggas even have assault cannons. They've answered the question of "how do we make fantasy as popular as 40K?" by making it anther 40K.

If I were to play this, I'd probably use my Dark Eldar instead of Dark Elves. They seem like they'd fit the setting better.
>>
>>52187105
You know, you don't have to love everything steampunk just because you're a nerd.

I would have liked it if it were a Skaven thing, but this just looks like business as usual for a dwarf Age of Sigmarification.
>>
>>52188308
>>52188309
>GW releases original Dwarves back
>newfags don't give a shit about warcraft dwarves rip-offs
>fantasy grognards dont give a shit about original dwarves coming back to AoS

I am glad they release something new.
>>
File: file.png (698KB, 539x750px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
698KB, 539x750px
>>52188309

Hey op, there are rules for a dwarven thunderbarge in the 8th ed

have a picture. Keep up the good fight.
>>
>>52187692
At this point there is no more reaosn to not have these be both AoS and 40k compatible like chaos demons.
>>
>>52188284
The setting is too vague and massive for anything to feel like it matters. Nothing feels like a real place where people could live, it's all lakes of fire and forests of crystal and stuff.

Also, the tone of things is all over the place, partially because GW wanted to keep selling WHFB models and decided to work them into the setting, despite them not fitting in with the super ultra high cosmic fantasy theme and looking totally out of place beside AoS models. When you see an entry about how yeah, Azyr totes has evil pleasure cults of not!Witch Elves, the cringe is real, because you're feeling the lines of artifice in the setting - you're seeing something that you know only exists because GW wanted to keep selling those models, that goes entirely against the tone and established logic of the setting, and it makes the setting seem less real.

The Mortal Reals would require a massive overhaul to get me interested. For one, they'd have to drop the whole "the Realms are infinite and ever-changing and nothing is ever in one place forever and etc etc etc" thing.
>>
>>52188337
>>GW releases original Dwarves back
Where?
>>
>>52188358
>That picture look cooler than what they're releasing for AoS.
>>
>>52188358
8th edition was just paving the way for ET/AoS

It is not the same setting. Kindly shill or troll elsewhere.
>>
>>52188337
I didn't say I wasn't glad they're releasing this stuff, it shows that at least one person working on AoS can design good models, and there may still be a glimmer of hope for the game.

But the fact remains, they essentially now just make two versions of 40K.

Also,
>newfags don't give a shit about warcraft dwarves rip-offs

Lel, GW dwarves are significantly older.
>>
>>52188337
Warcraft dwarves are literally based on Warhammer dwarves. Warcraft was originally slated to be a Warhammer RTS.
>>
>>52188421
>Warcraft dwarves are literally based on Warhammer dwarves. Warcraft was originally slated to be a Warhammer RTS.
Yeah sure whatever.
But after all what does it matter since Warcraft outlived
>>
>>52188308
Sylvaneth are pretty good though, and the new Tzeentch stuff ain't half bad either.
>>
>>52188411
>>52188421
>but Warhammer is older!
Why should the newfag care? He will still see them as Warcraft rip-offs.
>>
File: Stromdorf.png (793KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Stromdorf.png
793KB, 1200x630px
I miss when Fantasy was about bleeding out in a muddy ditch from arrow wounds.

New models look interesting, but when the entire game is tin men piling in and rolling 3+ then rolling 3+ what's the point.
>>
File: Marisa readies her spellcard.jpg (12KB, 335x241px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa readies her spellcard.jpg
12KB, 335x241px
>steampunk dorfs
>>
>>52188430
>Sylvaneth are pretty good though

Eugh, please, don't.

Those are awful models. No idea why everyone pretends Alarielle is good either.

I desperately hope whoever designed those doesn't end up working on the high and dark elf equivalents.
>>
>>52188459
That's just factually wrong though.
>>
>>52188421
>Warcraft was originally slated to be a Warhammer RTS.
That's a myth. It's just a standard, everyday ripoff.
>>
>>52188385
they look pretty cool but I gotta say anon I don't hate how the other airship looks.

>>52188388
the op said he was wanting to use the model but not play age of sigmar, so I gave a suggestion that rules exist for a similiar vessel. Which coincidentally is in 8th ed.

why are you such a bitter shithead anon? I don't see you contributing anything but stale memes in this thread. Kindly do the world and yourself a favour and rethink your life choices that have brought you to this point.
anyway also I was able to find some neat scratch built thunderbarge under there, skip to 8 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT82JBxIVLM
>>
>>52187105
We should ask them to make this the second cross game army since Daemons of Chaos / Chaos Daemons.

I'd welcome whatever original brand name these guys are into 40k.
>>
I'm not a big fan of the weird round shape of the balloons, and I'm bothered that the dwarfs don't have real beards. Otherwise they're not bad.
>>
>>52188467
>factually

Whether you like those models or not is a matter of opinion.

And I can see where the complaints would come from. A lot of AoS models get really messy and overwrought, many Sylvaneth models included.
>>
>>52188484
Why have a real beard when you can have a metal one and weaponised mustaches to boot?
>>
>>52188493
>weaponised mustaches
My monocle is a laser, my moustache is a derringer and my top-hat has a mortar installed. Your move, elfs
>>
>>52188493
I just like painting beards.
>>
>>52187692
this is fucking retarded
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1600x1066px
>>52188459
not the guy but while some of the sylvaneth stuff looks alright. gotta say drycha's reboot just looks way to 40k for me. why is she a tree in a battlesuit/pentinent engine.
>>
>>52188502
And have a flamethrower cigar to top it off
>>
>>52187430
Tell me anon, why do you hate fun?
>>
>>52188441
You have finally become the grog, anon. Come play 30k, which is about bleeding out in a muddy ditch from a bolter round or being eaten alive by Phospex.
>>
As a rabid GW-hater, these mecha-dorfs are surprisingly non-shit.
>>
>>52188509
I don't hate any of these models by themselves, but when everything is a crazy centerpiece model, nothing is interesting anymore. It's the same problem they have with some of the miniatures drowning in details. Age of Sigmar lacks any moderation.
>>
>>52188509
>not the guy but while some of the sylvaneth stuff looks alright
The problem is that they are now separate army, not just part of WE army.
>way to Hellbrute
fix
>>
File: Aproves in Beard.jpg (22KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Aproves in Beard.jpg
22KB, 512x288px
>>52187240

Damn that's some impressive facial hair.
>>
>>52188337
>GW releases original Dwarves back
What when ?
>>
>>52187124
I hope someone comes up with Codex:Squats once this line is out.
>>
>>52188459
>Alarielle
Did I say she looked good? Ugliest model in the range if you ask be, a shame since I rather like the beetle she's standing on, the rest are great though.
>>
>>52188543
>The problem is that they are now separate army, not just part of WE army.
And that makes the models ugly how?
>>
>>52187692
>bringing squats back
Noice
>>
>>52188565
>And that makes the models ugly how?
Borring.
>>
>>52188574
Removing the generic elves makes the tree men boring? Now I've heard everything.
>>
>>52188538
I get what you are saying anon, I thought the new branchwych was not too over the top. at least.

>>52188543

it is not a good look, thats for sure.
Hey anons, I've an important question on age of sigmar. Why didn't we get the new treekin design that total warhammer introduced(considering that we ended up getting the big bird from it). Pic related. best treekin I've seen in my life

why aren't these models yet?
>>
>>52188589
>Removing the generic elves makes the tree men boring?
Yep, because it's the whole army of green people, nothing more.
>>
>>52188538
This is another thing I dislike, yeah.

There's a reason for having relatively 'normal' dudes. They make the special stuff stand out.
>>
>>52188558
>Did I say she looked good?

Nope.

Lots of people fellate the shit out of her, though, which is what I said.

I personally find all the Sylvaneth poorly designed. Stuff like >>52188509
is particularly bad.
>>
>>52188597
I like the branchwych, it's a cool model. Same with the models that you posted there. Their a little crazy, but not over the top or covered in weird details. But models like Drycha Hamadreth just don't work for me. GW seems to only want to pump out expensive "centerpiece models" because they sell the best. The new CEO only seems to have doubled down on this strategy.
>>
>>52188627
I rather like that model actually, the hate it gets doesn't seem wholly justified.
>>
>>52188538
>It's the same problem they have with some of the miniatures drowning in details. Age of Sigmar lacks any moderation.

To be fair, this is not a problem limited only to GW. It is a problem that is common among designers that use 3D modelling software. The temptation to add in more details is always present especially when looking at a zoomed in model.
>>
Honestly, i dont mind steam punk dwarfs with fire arms and what not, but these guys look way over designed, and gaudy. Probably just going to do conversions of the old stuff.
>>
>>52188610
Exactly. GW is flooding the models with details and flooding the armies with every weird thing they can think up. It's not a design aesthetic that I care for at all.
>>
>>52188603
like orks?
>>
>>52188636
I'm not so sure, anon. I think FW uses the same software, and their designs don't suffer from the same problems.
>>
>>52187105
I don't like those models. They look very overdesigned to me. But heck, I'm also glad that dorfs get some love again from GW.
>>
>>52187105
Maybe replacing the metal balloons by some more normal-looking ones could do the trick.
>>
>>52188635
I find it atrociously tacky.
>>
>>52188713
That wouldn't really fit AoS' setting.

But AoS' setting is shit, so, yes, that would indeed make the model better.
>>
>>52188685
Nah orks green apes
>>
>>52188682
GW seems to have lost the notion that simpler is better.

I would rather have simpler dudes, like thunderers or ironbreakers with more options then an overy designed model. It started with Tzeentch, which was fine because well....it was tzeentch, but every fucking release since then has been super over designed into just annoying are bad.

Even in 40k, look at the celestine model and her gemini, way over designed i mean the models are held up by 2 fucking purity seals that always snap off. The yincarn is the same deal, a model suspended by glowing spirits, and now girlyman is wearing what looks to be the armor for a demon prince for tzeentch. AoS is doing the same, everything is just way over designed and looks like someone barfed up doodads onto the model.

I think the idea of steampumk shooty dwarfs are cool, but they went way over board with the robo dwarfs and freaking balloon dwarfs.
>>
>>52187692
For a second I thought the top left guy had some huge balls.
>>
>>52188373
Completely this. While the models are actually quite good to great, the setting is boring. There's no tension, no life, it's not relatable in any way. And don't give me that "it's super high fantasy" BS. The world still has to work, even if it's super high fantasy, and AoS's just doesn't. It merely exists because the authors say so, there's no reason beyond arbitrary. It means whatever happens is meaningless because the stakes are so low.
>>
>>52188807
Celestine is a rather bad example though, when her new model is less detailed than the old one.
>>
>>52188850
True, i should have been a bit more clear, i was mainly referring to the putting her up on 2 purity seals, its just over designed to the point of being bad.
>>52188373
And this guy hits the nail right on the head. The thing i dont like about AoS is nothing matters, nothing has real meaning anymore, you just have guys that show up outta fuck all no where to do stuff at who the fuck know where for reasons then disappear never to be seen or head of again.

The realm thing was one of the worst ploys GW could have used.
>>
>>52188868
She was always suspended on two purity seals though, all they did was make them more dynamic.
>>
>>52188807
Exactly. I think the point is best demonstrated by contrasting the FW model for Guilliman and the new GW model. The FW fits with what we've been told: he's both warrior and statesman, he fits the roman aesthetic that the ultramarines have, has details but also clean armor plating that contrasts. The GW model just compounds all the design sins you just listed.
>>
>>52187105
I like the ships, and the occasional dwarf among them, but I vastly prefer normal dorfs with runes and bling.

I really dislike that they use balloons on individual dorfs, even if some of the flyers themselves are cool.
>>
>>52188850
I think the new Celestine is a great model, I just wish they've given her a transparent rod instead of going with the long scrolls. I do not know what miracle occured that allowed her to escape from the horror that is GREEBLES design, but I am greatly pleased.
>>
File: cel old.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
cel old.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>52188892
Yeah, but her old one was A) metal, and B) was a lot thicker to hold her up, they are fucking plastic now, you cant even move her with out it wiggling and wobbling this is her old model.
>>
>>52188944
I mean that's not really a problem of aesthetics, which is what I though you were talking about, but structure.
And GW have always had trouble with that, I mean have you ever tried to assembled a metal Kairos?
>>
>>52188893
Yeah. Agreement here too. FWs depiction of Gulliman is perfect.

GWs makes him look like a giant toy, not a warrior-scholar
>>
>>52188893
The roman aesthetic is 30k, 40k is medieval. Furthermore FW Primarches are just lumps of resin. Statues. Great if you are into display pieces but they are not posable model kits.
>>
>>52188924
Well as someone who's two main armies are Thousand Sons and Dark Mechanicus the current design direction suits me just fine.

>>52188969
Well with a bit of work I think the GW Guilliman could make for a pretty good Alpharius model.
>>
>>52188985
Right and GW Guilliman is a non posable lump of plastic that also looks entirely too Baroque to be medieval, your point?
>>
>>52188963
I can see what you mean by aesthetics and structure, but this is a case where its both. They thought oh, lets makes these really weird super long purity seals that she stands on, her old model looks much better because she did not have these ridiculous receipts for what i can only assume is the laundry list of regrets of model design by GW

>>52188985
see
>>52188997
He kinda hits the nail on the head again, Girlyman from GW is monopose aside from the head, oooooo. Forge world have been doing them right. Gw has kinda lost its light touch.
>>
File: 1486149799905.jpg (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486149799905.jpg
188KB, 1000x1000px
>>52188987
>Alpharius
>Not Him in all His glory
>>
>>52188509
>crotch hooked tendrils
I really don't know how to take this
>>
>>52188985
Nah. I'd say 40k ultramarines are also pretty damn Roman. The setting in general may be medieval-like, but the various chapters all have their idiosyncrasies.
>>
>>52189012
know how you always realize what you wanna say after you post it? yeah thats what happened.

As to structure vs aesthetics, the structure is part of the aesthetics of the model, because its structure really plays on how i want to make it look. As i said before i would rather have a simple model with more options, then an overly designed monopose one.
>>
>>52188987
The new Rubric Marines, Terminators and Ahriman all look great, but I would argue those are more updates of older designs. I think the new Exalted Sorcerers fall prey to "doing to much shit at once" syndrome. Also, I don't believe Dark Mechanicus has any official models yet?
>>
>>52189017
The sword is correct, but everything else looks forced.
>>
>>52188987
I agree the current thousand sons are awesome, but thats because the over design and excetric details on them work for them because its tzeentch, thats his MO
>>
>>52189036
Dark Ad Mech don't have oficial models but with all the DETAILS they become very easy to convert, which was my point.

Also the Exalted Sorcerers are great as long as you use a bit of restraint in what parts you use, don't just slather on every bit in the box like GW did with the preview models.
>>
>>52189036
Not except Draykavac. Angelus is supposed to start touching on dark mechanicum units. Personally I'm hoping for more dreaded ai than daemon bonded stuff. Like automata with different special rules that make them more independent but less reliable. Something subtle but distinct. Maybe upgrade packs for when automata start to realize awareness and adorn themselves with stuff.
>>
>>52187692

I'm 38 years old. I've collected Squats since Rogue Trader 1991. I've waited 20+ years for this day. Welcome back squats!
>>
>>52189039
Well it's a photoshop an anon did in like 30 mins, you can't exactly expect some Golden Demon winning material. Still holds up pretry well imo.
>>
The Gulliman model looks like the legs and torso of a Starcraft marine with the arms and shoulders of 40k marine... with tzeeench detailing everywhere. It's... just.... awful.
>>
>>52187240
Is he wearing the nemesis crown?
>>
>>52187240
>noticed the fucking cannons on his metal beard
ayy
>>
The front of the hull was most definitely designed by a noise marine.
>>
>>52187898
No they are encased in enviro suits
>>
>>52189264
>Enviro suit
God i hope your fucking kidding with that name, because at this point they should just call it warhammer 40k age of strife with how high the fantasy is. Its bordering the point of not even being fantasy anymore.
>>
>>52188509
it's a TREE MECH
with pubes?
It is 40K style silly, but goddamn it's original if nothing else
>>
>>52189317
I would actually welcome a really dark and adult age of strife game with the various Terran factions. The chaos worshippers of Ursh to the gene splicers of ynndonesia or whatever it's called.

Maybe even have it as a necromunda-like hero quest game where the protagonists have to do thundarr the barbarian style adventure with the occasional and very dangerous run-in with one of the emperors thunder warriors. The story arcs and quests could be enormous.
>>
>>52187105
Muh dick
>>
>>52189444
Checked.

Oh man i have wanted a 40k themed warhammer quest game for ever now lol
>>
>>52188308
Stormcast are better than Space Marines.
>>
>>52187105
once you go past the WOW factor (as in expression of surprise, not world of warcraft), really the only good things are the designs for the ships and the jump packs; the most basic infantry has very little of striking, the heavy gunners shine only thanks to the duck-cannon, while the heroes are incredibly interchangeable and busy; the moustache-guns are wasted on that model.

they set a good aesthetic for the ships and the baloons, reminding of nemo and his nautilus in the league of extraordinary gentlemen, but were somehow too afraid to continue with some more indian influences or to go on board with the piratesque ones, given the lack of trihorn hats and double wielding pistols, and instead stepped heavily into the trashpit that is the modern concept of steampunk with the fucking armored tophat and power armours.

I'm sick and tired of seeing that stream of silver and gold, silver and gold, silver and gold; where did the garish colours end?
>>
>>52187105

I want... to loot this...
>>
>>52189317
They are flying at thousands of feet high and often amongst raw winds of magic - they need the suits
>>
Kind of remind me of some confrontation dwarves.
I love them, I always wanted some hightech dwarves.

>>52189743
Somehow I want to separate the hull of the ship from the upper part.
>>
>>52189799
>they need the suits
Yeah because steel are best protection from lightings
>>
>>52189839
Magic not lightning ya dingus. At least read the few paragraphs on the website before opening your mouth mate.
>>
>>52189869
>lightings doesn't exist on thousands of feet high
>>
>>52189725
They will end once it stops selling models, anon.
>>
>>52189904
>Wanting logic in a fantasy setting like AoS
I swear you autists go far sometimes.

Is it cool? If yes, then it's justified. I'd rather have playe dwarves in the sky than ones with nothing more than a G string.
>>
File: vibe-david-blaine-.jpg (41KB, 635x521px) Image search: [Google]
vibe-david-blaine-.jpg
41KB, 635x521px
>>52189839
having a conductive suit around you is actually a very efficient protection

it's not about stopping the lightning as it is offering it a better pathway
>>
>>52189957
That's a point of view only sellers and sellers apologists hold.
>>
>>52190109
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I am pleased with their new design direction, but GW will stay the course as long as it makes them money.
>>
>>52190069
There is no grounding when you are on an airship, anon.
>>
>>52188441
Thats a gross oversimplification. There are numerous things that affect the base rolls of 3+/4+ as well as save modifiers.
>>
what the fuck
>>
WAAAAH MY FANTASY SETTING NEEDS TO MAKE SENSE AND BE RELATABLE TO A REAL WORLD.

EVEN THOUGH THE FUCKING LORE IS JUST A BACKSTORY FOR MOVING MODELS ON A TABLE AND ROLLING DICE.

You know, a lot of us like the new setting and lore. I personally like my immortal demigod soldiers who ride lightning and are BFFs with dragons who shoot lightning instead of fire.
>>
>>52190140
The grounding is in the ground

Or do you think airplanes have grounding too?
>>
>>52190288
>I'm a contrarian bandwagoner
>>
2 years later and WFB fags are still upset that their game is dead and AoS is getting more popular all the time.

Stay salty my friends.
>>
>>52190320
Technically, he's the opposite.

In this case, people whining about a brand new release are the contrarians.
>>
>>52187105
What I'm looking at, 40k or shitmar?
>>
File: 1488293562536.jpg (231KB, 1365x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1488293562536.jpg
231KB, 1365x1016px
>>52190370
I actually like hearing about AoS haters actually giving the game a try and having fun. It's always a good feel, good on them for having fun.
>>
>>52187105
How much does GW pay per word?
>>
>>52190463
Again, most people don't have a problem with the rules or the game, it's the lore. Rules always come and go and change AoS is a decent beer and pretzel game. The lore is just a fucking joke
>>
Gotta tip my fedora to GW with this release. Now I just need to think up a good reason to cross them over with Dr. Who! xD
>>
>>52190584
Greaaaaaat just what we need, fucking whovians
>>
>>52190406
They're being merged.
>>
>>52190556
"decent beer and pretzel game" is like claiming you "paint for tabletop standard".
>>
>>52190370
>ha ha jokes on you a BUNCH of people like licking up smegma!
>>
>>52190607
Inb4 AoS becomes the age of strife
>>
File: 1488438394197.gif (5MB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488438394197.gif
5MB, 460x320px
>>52190288
>You know, a lot of us like the new setting and lore. I personally like my immortal demigod soldiers who ride lightning and are BFFs with dragons who shoot lightning instead of fire.

You need to be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>52190612
But I do paint table top standard? What's that got to do with AoS is a fun simple game. IMO it's got good breadth not much depth but still fun
>>
File: 1324352615583.jpg (32KB, 680x552px) Image search: [Google]
1324352615583.jpg
32KB, 680x552px
>>52190607
Kek.
Wait, are you serious..?
>>
>>52190657
No he be trolling mon
>>
>>52190556
>Again, most people don't have a problem with the rules or the game
I do. I like some of the minis, but the lore and the rules are a fucking joke. It's honestly the most boring and unfun ruleset on the market.

Trough if those dwarves are bigger than old WHFB dwarves I'll maybe buy them for my KoW dwarves.
>>
>>52190463
I couldn't bother learning a new ruleset. DO you still need like 4 suitcases worth of models and a big ass table to play? Or can I play with just 10-20 models and a small sized gaming mat like Infinity does?
>>
>>52190679
That's why I said most. I get some people don't like the rules and that's understandable and reasonable to not like it.

Most people don't like the lore because it is a joke, it's like GW listened to a 4th grader ramble on and said yeah let's do that!
>>
>>52190541
It's per post, but the post has to be approved by the manager.
>>
>>52190683
You can play with like 20 models. The getting started boxes is enough for a small game and are all fairly balanced.

Thing about AoS no matter the game size it's almost always game over by like turn 4 lol
>>
>>52190683
One of the problem with AoS is that every game is the exact same moshpit.
>>
>>52190463

This is me. I hated the first AoS stuff, but now I'm planning a Moonclan army at some point. Just debating what other Destruction stuff I should add.
>>
>>52190384
>In this case, people whining about a brand new release are the contrarians.
Why? they express their disappoint in what they see by comparing possibilities and expectations to the actual execution.
>>52189725

on the other hand you see other people disagreeing with that point of view backing it up almost exclusively with herd mentality.
>>52190288
>You know, a lot of us
>>52190370
>more popular

Not that I'm saying it is an extremely polarised situation, but there's a trend.
>>
>>52190653
>i throw all my miniatures into the center of the table
>me too!
>we roll dice for an hour
WOW SO FUN
>>
>>52190750
Qft it always decends into a mob fighting game, and high again is why I equate it to a beer and pretzel game. Also why you almost always need range in your army to thin from afar.
>>
>>52190765
Again, beer and pretzel AoS is more of a social game now. Again I think your misunderstanding, I'm not claiming it's the end all be all and not with faults, it's a decent table top game is all, nothing more or less.
>>
>>52190796
>AoS is more of a social game now.
Most likely Interactive diorama
>>
>people bitching about these things
Your fault that Chaos won the campaign and released Tzeentch guys instead of real Dwarves.
>>
>>52190796
>It's not boring and simplistic, just a social game!

May as well play tic tac toe
>>
>>52190835
At least GW followed through, unlike last time...looking at your eye of terror and abandon!
>>
>>52190796
If it is a social game, why is there so few players ?
>>
>GW fucked up 8th edition beyond the repair
>switched to WoW-like setting
>Warcraft movie flopped
>still no reports about Legion success
>meanwhile dark fantasy rpg becomes most awarded game of all time
kind of funny
>>
Whoa, no one told me World of Warcraft had a wargame! Sweet!

Who's this Sigmar fag, though?
>>
>>52190796
>it's a decent table top game is all
Your argument is "It's fun if you play it exactly right with people you already like.". This isn't a merit of the game, it's something I could say for building a house of cards or playing tick tack toe.
>>
>>52190897
trying too hard lmao
>>
File: gw-99120204018_3.jpg (97KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99120204018_3.jpg
97KB, 920x950px
>>52188597
We got Kurnoth Hunters, which are pretty fucking dope and fit well aesthetically with the Dryads.
>>
>>52190931
Yeah because it's literally small treeman
>>
>>52190925
I don't understand. Also do the draenei have an army yet? My OC is a draenei chick with a huge horse dick.
>>
>>52190931

>giant treemen
>needs to wield a sword for some reason

Spot the weeaboo: miniature edition
>>
>>52190931
If you think those designs are at all similar, you are prime AoS-player material.
>>
File: 99120204016_SpiteRevenant01.jpg (57KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120204016_SpiteRevenant01.jpg
57KB, 600x620px
>>52188509
She's an upsized Spite Wraith.
>>
>>52187692
These new space marine models look really weird.
>>
>>52187692

Right, I'm off to trash all my current miniatures.
Nothing could compare to this blessed perfection.
>>
>>52190997
It's squats you newfag, they have been brought back to life by rowboat girlyman
>>
>>52187450
It's shit only a steampunk autist could love
>>
>>52190988
What the fuck is this retarded shit ?
>>
>>52191024
>literal tophats, monocles and steampunk
GW is going all in on the fedoramancers, anon.
>>
>>52191021
Squat Marines?
>>
File: liberator-conversion-by-xander.jpg (207KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
liberator-conversion-by-xander.jpg
207KB, 500x565px
>>52188538
Ironically this is why I like the sigmarines. With just small moderations (headswaps a most) you can turn the mini into a wide variety of plate armoured chaps. Thinking of buying a bunch more to turn into a slaaneshi chosen/warriors.
>>
>>52191047
exactly.
>>
>>52190962
I mean, they are not even the biggest thing in their own army, not to mention others. There are plenty of bigger things out there that could justify a weapon.
>>
File: IMG_20170315_165638.jpg (3MB, 5152x2896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170315_165638.jpg
3MB, 5152x2896px
>>52191058
Here's an other example, this time my own Khornate champion.
I've made som Tzeentch Once-Chosen (9th age) aswell.
>>
>>52191123
Sorry 'bout the size. Keep forgetting that it's whalelike whenever I post directly from my phone.
>>
>>52187105

I don't know what you're talking about OP. This is a children's toy, not a miniature.
>>
>>52191058
except sigmarine plate armour is shit that would pale in comparison with proper designs of plate armour if someone bothered to produce them.
>>
>>52191123
>>52191058
the abdominal piece and the pauldrons ruin everything
>>
> People in this thread actually trying to defend Sigmarines.

AoS fans deserve everything they get.
>>
>>52191191
>two fucking years and the fantasy grognard still bitches about them
>>
>>52191209

I enjoy how everytime someone criticises AoS (which really isn't hard to do) the shills immediately assume you're a Fantasy grognard.

You know, pointing out the problems of the last game doesn't make your game any better?
>>
>>52191209
Bad design is still bad design, no matter how old it is.
>>
It's entertaining to see just how upset WFB players get at the notion that people actually enjoy AoS.

You know if people liked WFB and played it, it would still exist. I NEVER SAW people playing fantasy for the last 5 years before End Times but I see AoS all over the place.
>>
i never thought i would see the day
>>
I like the fact they are fully armored, because new gw sculptors can't do flesh and muscles for shit.

>>52188985
There isn't much recent posable gw kit.
>>
>>52191251
I have never seen a non-demo game of AoS being played.
>>
>>52191251

It's funny how you pretend people actually play AoS.

Everyone knows they don't, it's getting canned in 5 years.
>>
>>52191237
>bad design for a newcomer-friendly army for modelling and coloring
Yeah, let's give those newcomers some fucking fantasy medieval germans. No wonder Fantasy died and everyone was an Elf Tourneyfag or Skaven player.
>>
>>52191251
The problem isn't that noone played it, it was that most of the people who played it had bought and finished armies. So GW withdrew support for what people already had and liked so they could change things up enough to sell something new.
>>
>>52191293
Given the scale of 8th edition, the only affordable infantry was the IoB starter.
>>
>>52191288
>in 5 years
Huh? Why 5 instead of one year? Grognard still giving his hateful nemesis a chance??
>>
>>52191288
The sheer level of denial is astounding.
>>
>>52191293
They could have integrated Sigmarine models into regular Fantasy?
>>
>steampunk bullshit

yawn
>>
File: 1488510864171.jpg (210KB, 796x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1488510864171.jpg
210KB, 796x1404px
>>52188373
>"the Realms are infinite and ever-changing and nothing is ever in one place forever
>>
File: e847279e0bd6a8649299f446b13834f2.jpg (459KB, 1280x902px) Image search: [Google]
e847279e0bd6a8649299f446b13834f2.jpg
459KB, 1280x902px
>>52191293

If you don't like landsknecht then there's no hope for you.
>>
>>52191293
>. No wonder Fantasy died and everyone was an Elf Tourneyfag or Skaven player.
>not because of wardexes
>>
>>52191319

I know, a few people will buy loads of these and then be really butt-blasted when they can't use it in another system.
>>
>>52191283
Me either.

I did watch a redshirt try to hard sell sigmarines to a 10-year-old. He pronounced them 'gay' and went to go beg his mom for a bunch of Tau.
>>
>>52189821

Just bolt some card on that and make into a Freeboota vehicle
>>
>>52191329

Except, Dark Souls is about showing not telling.

AoS doesn't show, tell or even fucking try half the time.
>>
>>52191293
>lets blame something completely unrelated to the cause to the failure so that I can justify bad design
>>
>>52190683
You can technically play with 10-20 models, but the game will not be gun.
>>
>>52191429
I played with just the dudes in Storm of Sigmar and had a jolly good time. That's 13 models total.
>>
>>52190931
Those designs are nothing alike.

Also, that looks hilariously tacky. I know people often bring up the Warcraft thing, but that is some series WoW tier design.
>>
>>52191436
You must be fucking braindead then.

There's literally nothing to do in a game that simple but smoosh your models together and roll 3+ followed by 4+ a whole bunch of times.
>>
>>52191058
>you can turn the mini into a wide variety of plate armoured chaps.
Nope, head still doesn't fit chest aesthtics.
>>
>>52190884
>WoW-like setting
Not really. AoS's setting is a lot more beholden to Norse Mythology and something like Michael Moorcock's multiverse than anything in WoW.
>>
File: rugby-scrum.jpg (70KB, 630x388px) Image search: [Google]
rugby-scrum.jpg
70KB, 630x388px
>>52191475

> ScrumHammer
>>
>>52191475
Seems like you never played AoS

Go back to /v/ lol
>>
>>52191500

That is genuinely the biggest insult to Moorcock I have ever heard.
>>
>>52191522
Try and explain why.
>>
File: 1470750654477.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470750654477.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>52191500
>Norse Mythology
Only if you working in Marvel (pic strongly related)
>something like Michael Moorcock's multiverse
Not even close. No Eternal Champion, no Black Sword, no Lords of Law (unlike pre-retcon WHFB).
Not even close
>>
File: 220px-Chaos_star.svg.png (2KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Chaos_star.svg.png
2KB, 220x220px
>>52191522
Not the first time GW cribbed from him.
>>
>>52191179
I bet the abdominal piece would look swell on a Slaneeshi.
>>
File: 1488835638888.png (66KB, 266x237px) Image search: [Google]
1488835638888.png
66KB, 266x237px
>>52187105
Generic steampunk is the tackiest aesthetic ever.
>>
>>52191543
>No Eternal Champion,
What is Sigmar

>no Black Sword,
What is Ghal Maraz

>no Lords of Law
What are Stormcast
>>
>>52191565
>What is Sigmar
God-Emperor/king?
>What is Ghal Maraz
Artefact of pure light, not daemon.
>What are Stormcast
Space Marines/Marvel Asgardians (who live in citadel builded around planetoid)?
>>
>>52190288
A fantasy capeshit setting is just not for me.
>>
>>52191543
No saying that's it's a direct copy of either. Just saying that there's more connection than to them than WoW. The connection to WoW is "I think it's a good insult on the Internet".
>>
>>52191636
>. Just saying that there's more connection than to them than WoW.
And WoW is the same comics fantasy like Marvel Thor (or Darksiders).
>>
>>52191500
Moorcock could write a better setting with his ass.
>>
File: numalefagprobablyacuck2.jpg (57KB, 494x708px) Image search: [Google]
numalefagprobablyacuck2.jpg
57KB, 494x708px
>We want the nu-male and steam-punk audience

EEEPPPPIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCC

>Puffs pipe like a tru gentlesir
>Strokes neckbeard
>>
>>52191697
The difference between traditional /tg/grognards nerds and steampunk cogfop /fa/ nerds is largely that those numales you hate are out there getting tons of cosplay pussy and basically you're a fucking loser, here's how
>>
>>52190140
>>52190298
Sure there is ground. Compared to the millions of volts in potential that creates lightning strikes, you're pretty much grounded regardless of where you are. Typically though instead of discharging into the aircraft and causing all kinds of catastrophic damage, lighting uses aircraft as a short, more-conductive-than-air bridge to a point of greater potential, be it another cloud with an opposing charge or earth itself. Provided everything is 'grounded' to your most neutral part (usually the hull itself) then generally everything else has a higher negative potential and lightning has no incentive to 'flow uphill', so to speak. Where you get problems is when you have several neutral points that are isolated from one another, because then the lightning tries to leap back and forth between them. The last plane to go down from a lightning strike was because fuel filler caps and access panels weren't grounded to the fuselage in the 60's, and the lightning bolt leapt through an overflow fuel tank to reach one of these ungrounded components, and ignited the air/fuel vapor in the overflow tank, which was mixed well enough to cause an explosion.

Keep in mind the lightning itself didn't cause much damage, but the arcing ignited a fire.
>>
>>52191780
>I-I g-get l-laid

Yeah ok dude
>>
>>52191780
>numales
>getting pussy
They've called numales for reason
>>
>>52191058
>>52191123
If I make monopose Chaos Warriors, it will be the actual GW kit which doesn't have Space Marine Bowed Leg Syndrome.
>>
>>52191780
Boypussy is not real pussy.
>>
>>52191837
>>52191843
I'm too much of a fat neckbeards fuck to get Into cogfop but the fact remains you're reeing at attractive /fa/ dudes. Do you really think guys would dress like that or be 'nu males' of they didn't get pussy out of it?
>>52191873
NOW YOU TAKE THAT BACK
>>
>>52191898
>Do you really think guys would dress like that or be 'nu males' of they didn't get pussy out of it?
Yes I would, for the exact same reason other asstards wear fedoras.
>>
>>52191898
you seen the girls into teh steampunk scene? We're talking middle aged fat hambeasts.
>>
>>52191930
The difference is those guys aren't attractive.

'Creepy' becomes 'cute' when the man is attractive.
>>
>>52191963
But those men aren't attractive.
>>
Rot in hell, Fantasy. Long live Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: 154381-158185.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
154381-158185.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>52191898
>NOW YOU TAKE THAT BACK

MAKE ME!
>>
>>52191898
Looks has less to do with it. It's probably more that they are not autistic that lets them get pussy.
>>
>>52188441

Lookup AoS28, which is Hinterlands but grim and gritty and dark. Small scale skirmish with an emphasis on customization for maximum "Your Dudes."
>>
>>52192304
Homeruled "nonMordheim".
>>
>>52192341

Basically.
>>
>>52192354
So what's the piint if it doesn't fit the setting, just like old armies
>>
File: warband_01.jpg (123KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
warband_01.jpg
123KB, 800x500px
>>52192304

No point really, no interest in most of the new tin men toys, so I might as well just use the Old World setting I love rather than the Stormreach Gladeforestâ„¢ or whatever it is now.

I just play Song of Blades and Heroes now with a mix of older Citadel, Reaper Bones and stuff like Frostgrave plastics.
>>
I'm buying these and beastclaw raiders. Both super cool armies. Also maw krusher can come too. No more 40k for me. Too much space marines. Not enough unique sub-factions or small xenos race releases. Booooring. Then we get all these super cool race releases in AoS like every year.
>>
>>52192362

I'd read up on it, rather than just assuming that it doesn't fit for the setting outright.

Fluff for it basically reiterates that the realms are vast spaces and Chaos controlled damn near all but Azyr for centuries, and there's a good deal of horror left behind in their wake hidden in the dark corners. Justification is that the world is big and new, so write some smaller, darker stories in the hidden spaces where the big players likely never tread.
>>
>>52192463
>dislikes space marines
>switching to game about space marines only
>>
>>52192475
>and there's a good deal of horror left behind in their wake hidden in the dark corners. Justification is that the world is big and new, so write some smaller, darker stories in the hidden spaces where the big players likely never tread.
Fanfiction about irrelevant things.
>>
>>52191353
Odd kid. Tau and Stormcast are equivalently gay
>>
>>52192499
Faggot
>>
>>52192475

But why bother working with the scraps of a game which is basically He-Man meets WoW meets Diet Warhammer, when there's a fully fleshed out Old World with plenty of motifs and plot hooks you can work with?
>>
>>52192559
Idiot
>>
>>52190962
Do you think you could kill a gang of toddlers faster with a bat or your bare hands? That tree isn't truly enormous. Just big.
>>
>>52192601

>He-Man meets WoW meets Diet Warhammer

kek
>>
>>52192601

It all just depends. Do you want to work on a blank canvas, or a fleshed out one? There's warscrolls for damn near every unit in the old world for AoS, so you've got freedom to choose. Hinterlands is just a system, not a setting. There's a significant loss of named characters, yes, but in a Skirmish game named characters are prohibited, or at least discouraged.
>>
>>52192781
>Hinterlands is just a system
And what's the point to use it?
>>
>>52191531

Because Moorcock was a good writer.
>>
>>52192799

Why use AoS, WHFB, Mordheim, SoBaH, or Frostgrave? Personal preference. AoS in combination with Hinterlands makes for very fast and easy team building, plus a system that does do a good job of reducing rules clutter. It's also got an established playerbase (along with WHFB) which definitely helps. Mordheim and SoBaH have a good deal more customization, but a little less pickup-and-play without some work. The problems inherent in Frostgrave have already been discussed at length, but basically boil down to very little customization and reliance on randomization, plus poor balance.
>>
>>52191375
Was going for demiurg but yeah.
>>
>>52192872
So it's basically AoS version of Mordheim but without cool terrain.
>It's also got an established playerbase
And why would someone who dislikes AoS will play with sigmarines? Go shill somewhere else.
>>
I wish /tg/ was around when 40k switched from RT to 2nd Ed. The fact you chucklefucks weren't around then when 2nd Ed had shit like -2 Rend and so on doesn't matter. The problem is you think you know what people want.

WHFB failed. Liking the lore doesn't make GW money. Especially when you just steal the books or read a summery on 1d4chan.
>>
>>52188682
>>52188807
Overly complex models that have bad support or balance is something I agree with you on though. Overly detailed and embellished... well I certainly agree that FW Guilleman looks way better than the new plastic one, but in some cases (like the custodes and several others) all that extra stuff and stuff is a good thing.

Personally I hated models that were only like 2 pieces and 1 possible pose. I never did much customization with my line troops, but I still like to make every guy unique in his own little way, mixing and matching all the body parts so that no two in a squad were exactly alike (I later learned not to do this as much in fantasy, as it can be hard to get everyone blocked up together sometimes).

With some exceptions, I don't think we should need to worry too much about any of it. Multi-part models seem to be back in vogue for boxed sets, and if the 30K marines are any indication, they're not overly piling on the embellishments and other crap.

>>52188997
>Baroque styling
>Medieval period lasted until about the 1400's.
>Baroque period (in art) started about 1600's
Wait a tick... do you guys think they might be updating the 40K aesthetic to the baroque style to go along with this more aggressive Imperium? Mfw I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I do kinda like the idea of 40K Baroque music.
>>
>>52192920
>shill

It's either a /v/ermin or the slav, guys. Don't reply to him any more. He'll go back to AoS General and shitpost there eventually.
>>
>>52191697
Excuse me sir, but bad ass has replace epic as the numale buzzword of choice.
>>
>>52191780
>m-my gg-game is good and i get all the hot girls!
Literal 10-year-old posting. Insult my mom next and describe your game as "epic" or "bad ass".
>>
>>52192971
>WHFB failed
And who designed 8th edition?
>>
>>52192981
>sigmarines fan trying to call someo e /v/ermin
Also, even /v/ have higher standarts
Also2, the post was obvious shilling, after anon said that he doesn't like AoS as setting.
>>
>>52192442
Whats up with Dorf Mc'Gorilla arms in that pic?
>>
>>52187105
Noise Marine pleasure barge w/ hull mounted Doom Siren
>>
>>52190541
more than you'll ever make.
>>
>>52190657

Not merged but soon rules will come out to use both armies in one game like Warmahordes.
>>
File: 1488479960443.jpg (111KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488479960443.jpg
111KB, 576x576px
Besides the airship the rest are total trash.
>>
>>52187240
Is that the fucking Ukrainian coat of arms?
>>
>>52194357

Even the airship is trash though.

It looks like Willy Wonka's pleasure barge.
>>
>>52191512
AoS can be somewhat more complex.

But a game with just the Storm of Sigmar models really has no tactical depth to it whatsoever. It really is, as the haters say, pushing your dudes at each other and rolling lots of 4s.

I mean, this isn't Warmachine, where there's a resource management and skill selection aspect every turn. Nor is it Infinity, where every model has a huge range of actions and every move really is extremely important and can be highly detailed.

AoS does not have any level of complexity when all you have are a handful of Stormcast and Khorne warriors.
>>
>>52187105
Oh my God that is choice.
>>
>>52194584

He's probably going to try and explain the tactical depth of 'muh double turn' to you next.

Somehow rolling a 6 is considered a tactic.
>>
>>52194524

You sound like you're trying to undersell it. You're not doing a good job making it sound unappealing.
>>
File: 1486441142327.png (112KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
1486441142327.png
112KB, 302x167px
>>52194692
>Orcs move and run at my gun line.
>Barely out of range to make a reliable charge
>My turn to shoot with 20 quarrelers with -1 rend thanks to my runelord and also an organ gun and cannon
>End turn and we roll off
>I get to shoot again

Much tactics.

So instead of charging right at me he should have just thought to himself maybe I will get double turned and get shot at from a cannon and organ gun for a turn.
>>
>>52191548
>>
>>52192527
I think it was because of the giant robots.
>>
>>52194692
>>52194896
That really is the dumbest mechanic ever.

AoS would actually be a lot better if they used the DZC turn structure. There are no player turns, rather, each player activates one unit at a time and their initiative decides which one does its shit first.
>>
>>52195296
Hey it works for the Lord of the Rings game and everyone agrees it's a fucking good rule set.
>>
>>52195672
Let's be fair, it was the weakest part of the rules.

And funnily enough it's the only thing GW ported over from LotR.
>>
File: 1471834995817.jpg (9KB, 189x251px) Image search: [Google]
1471834995817.jpg
9KB, 189x251px
>terrible steampunk design
>>
are dwarves as hard to paint as I remember? their basic infantry is so tiny.
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64KB, 738x936px) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64KB, 738x936px
>>52187124
Soon
>>
>>52196109
>tiny
that's the point anon
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.