[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who doesn't like Duncan's flaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: whtv3.png (504KB, 1367x670px) Image search: [Google]
whtv3.png
504KB, 1367x670px
Am I the only one who doesn't like Duncan's flaming sword paint job? Shouldn't flame tips be white? I feel like the flame highlights just seem "off"

>inb4 blasphemy against the paint god
>>
>>52186869

Try it with white if you feel that would be better then. It's a helpful guide, not divine scripture for fuck's sake. I agree that the darker colors on the end don't do it for me personally, but it's still infinitely better than anything I could do.
>>
Fun fact: The name "Duncan" derives from Gaelic words meaning "Brown Warrior". Explains why he loves Agrax Earthshade so much.
>>
>>52186908
>but it's still infinitely better than anything I could do.

I agree, I'm not saying it's a bad paint job by means, don't get me wrong. I just feel like for a paint job made by the paint god of GW it just doesn't make sense, maybe its some reverse flame because of the emperors power idk.
>>
>>52186869
>Shouldn't flame tips be white?
No, the hottest part of the flame is also the brightest part, and fires are hottest at the source of the flame.
>>
>>52186869
>Next video is about Yvraine's sword.
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>52186869
Fire is opposite, it gets brighter as it gets closer to the source and the upper part is dark because that is where the smoke rises.

I think his dark needs to be darker, but the highlight is fine.
>>
>>52186869
>Shouldn't flame tips be white?
Holy fucking shit, are you retarded, have you never seen fire?
>>
File: fire2.jpg (153KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fire2.jpg
153KB, 1200x1600px
>>52187195
>painting smoke
>>
>>52187225
not OP, but ill bite.

the hotter fire gets the lighter it gets. Typically blue flames are the most visible manifestation of this but "white hot" could be interpreted as clear or an incandescent white.

http://maggiemaggio.com/color/2011/08/fire-ii-color-and-temperature/

No need to be combative anon.
>>
>>52187253
>>52187225
If you examine the far right bunsen burner, you'll notice that the top most portion of the flame is almost transparent and progressively bluer as the flame descends.

For a high tech flaming sword, one would imagine they could get it hotter than a measly 800°-1000°
>>
File: 1471911105447.gif (3MB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
1471911105447.gif
3MB, 800x708px
>>52187225
I mean are black flames a thing? Is is to show the flames burning out/smoke? Enlighten me.
>>
I hate duncan's fucking white lines through the blade, looks ass
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.