[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been 30 years since the PHB races of the world stopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: horizoncanopy.jpg (219KB, 620x238px) Image search: [Google]
horizoncanopy.jpg
219KB, 620x238px
It's been 30 years since the PHB races of the world stopped shrinking. One night it just started to happen and no one knows why...months later everyone was the size of a mouse, and the world was a much larger place.

Now the party must venture out into an unfamiliar world to find some answers.

Help me worldbuild for my newest campaign please.
>>
>>52167763
First things first, if you aren't familiar with it, look into the Pikmin series, especially Pikmin 2. It offers a glimpse into what a truly tiny world might look like, where someone's front yard and garden can be an entire forest.
>>
>>52167763

Also check out the Borrowers.
>>
>>52167763
>at the size of a mouse, everyone loses heat much faster, and so everyone must continuously consume energy to maintain body heat
>humans can now lift approximately 30 times their size
>air molecules are now huge in relation to you, so falling off ledges is like slowly sinking through liquid
>>
>>52167827
Yes, mice are notorious for their ability to swim through the air. Birdy little fucks, mice.
>>
An important thing with a setting like this is to decide what you want to explore with it.

Are you just setting up your Magical Realm? Do you want to show the PCs the bad side of having so much magic around them?

Heck, are you just trying to teach them a lesson and make them work together?

Obviously, for some hazards that show up, you can have simple things like having to cross a stream that is being patrolled by a Shrike.
>>
I'd like to see where a story like this could go, where everyone is tiny.
>>
>>52167763
No, fuck you and your fetishes
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 280x180px
>>52167763
>Mfw GM wants to run a vore game
>>
>>52167763
Does this apply to all intelligent races, all humanoid races or just the standard player races?
Because tiny humans and elves will have all kinds of problems dealing with full sized drow and mind flayers.
>>
>>52167763
I'd check out mouse guard for ideas.

Your mice are now dire, your cats are now dragons, your dragons are now mountains.
>>
>>52167763
Sound really stupid.
I rather just have a few magical intelligent oversize animals or plants to inspire fear than to change the entire setting.
>>
>>52169868
>dogs are now horses
>horses are now battleships
>>
Would be that small affect the potency of magic?

You could have the shrinking be a curse to keep people from constantly breaking reality.

>>52169861
Maybe all the surface races are affected? Or just anyone under the sun, so they don't come out?
>>
Sounds like a weird place to start the adventure. Only because they've been shrinking for so long, it's weird that the tiny are starting now.

Like, after 20 years they we're already in a completely different world. What about then? What happened then?

I would just say it happened overnight. The players were sleeping in a shared cot space in a boat or something, the first adventure is just to get off the boat.
>>
WHAT SETTINGS OR SYSTEMS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

WHERE ARE THESE EXACT SCENARIOS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FROM? WHERE CAN I PLAY THEM? I MEAN WITH DICE, PEN AND PAPER.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS THREAD IS SOMEWHAT LINKED TO THE HOBBY OF ROLLING DICE AND YOU AREN'T HERE TO USE THIS BOARDS CONNECTION TO FANTASY SETTINGS TO MAKE A THREAD SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR FETISH

BECAUSE THE LEAST THING WE ACTUALLY NEED ARE PEOPLE ONLY HERE TO MAKE SHIT UP ABOUT FANTASY-STUFF WHO NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE TRADITIONAL GAME
>>
>>52168839
>>52169634

What? No.That's not it at all
>>
>>52169949
Why you gotta be a faggot
>>
>>52172944
Stop yelling
>>
Will T-64 or 80 be added to Team Yankee?

Having only T-72 is monotonous.

I wish the soviet had an advanced tank.
>>
Thinking about it, you could at least get some great imagery.

A kingdom in a shoemakers house.

Gopher tunnels becoming the new Underdark.

Even a new emphasis on finding safe ways to fly.

If Dragons shrunk down, it would be neat to encounter their new enemies and predators.
>>
>>52167763
So mouseguard?
>>
>>52167763
I always wanted to make a campaign like this. Players would secretly be miniature robots designed by a scientist to repopulate Earth after an apocalypse. The setting was actually just the inside of my house but from the perspective of ant-sized people.
>>
File: 9finalposter.jpg (4MB, 4050x5999px) Image search: [Google]
9finalposter.jpg
4MB, 4050x5999px
>>52174774
?
>>
>>52167845
Mice survive falls from comparatively immense heights. I'm pretty sure they were only suggesting a subjective difference in perception, not that you could literally swim through air. Mechanistic flight does get a lot easier, though.
>>
>>52175837
So what you're saying is that people will be fighting off bees and birds in their tiny, flying steam ships?
>>
File: temeraire_dragons_lo_1.jpg (777KB, 1300x953px) Image search: [Google]
temeraire_dragons_lo_1.jpg
777KB, 1300x953px
>>52174678
>uneasy alliance between shrunken humans and shrunken dragons
>dragons don't want to admit it, but they really don't know much about avoiding predators
>>
File: Barn_Swallow.jpg (299KB, 2400x1664px) Image search: [Google]
Barn_Swallow.jpg
299KB, 2400x1664px
>>52176074
Mouse size would still be too big for that. Ant size would be more realistic for tiny airship battles.
>>
File: 1483766273592.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1483766273592.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>52169634
>Exploring a cave
>"Your torch goes out and you can't light it again"
>Party keeps going though because the DM said there's crazy stuff down here
>Encounter a tight passage in the cave
>DM start's describing it as wet
>The rest of the cave was wet too, no one's concerned
>Squeeze through
>DM describes a squishing, moving floor
>Wat
>Waste some magic to conjure up a fire and see what the hell this is
>It's a fucking giant stomach with tentacles in it
>The tentacles lash out and try to grab us
>mfw realizing my DM tricked us into his magical realm
>>
I have a book series for you, OP. It's called Micronauts by Gordon Williams and since I read it I thought it would be a great campaign concept.

And as others have said, read the Mouse Guard comics.
>>
>>52176341
>Dragons have to hire themselves out as living airships
>They still threaten their passengers
>>
>>52167763
I believe there was a old adventure where the PC's shrunk due to some sort of magical orb. I believe it was in one the Dragon magazines.
>>
>>52172944

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMmDTkySadM
>>
>>52181052
>dragon wants to bring part of his old hoard to the city
>knows he won't be safe going back to his lair alone
>hires the party to go with him and scout ahead
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.