[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utl Hz9PZS-8 What'd be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: aquabats__68254_zoom.jpg (494KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
aquabats__68254_zoom.jpg
494KB, 900x900px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlHz9PZS-8

What'd be a good system for a game with the feel the Super Show! is trying to evoke? Cheesy 90s Sentai-esk kids show nonsense? I'd say probably one of the many Supers games but I've basically no knowledge of any of them. Basically looking for something fairly low power and simple for a fun and light game.
>>
>>52167028
Probably Risus.
I used it for an Axe Cop themed game I ran a while back, and I definitely suggest it for silly supers.

The issue (in this case) with most Super games is that they try to exact the powers of your dude (which is cool and useful, but not fast nor lite).
If you wanted to pick up more detail, Mutants and Masterminds is pretty great though (plays real fast, good feel, with statisfying amounts of depth).
Typically I use GURPS with wildcard powers from Supers... it's makes for a silly and loose game that can switch tones on the fly pretty easily.

But seriously, Risus is free, and probably the most competently put together rules lite rpg ever published.
>>
>>52167028
Marvel Heroic. Always marvel heroic! Too bad the dingbats holding the system won't fucking deliver the generic version nor get a new license from marvel or DC. I read somewhere M&M lost their DC, so it's probably up for grabs.

Otherwise, you'd be looking at low power Mutants and Masterminds. Something like power level 4 to 6 with limits on spending if you want the Aquabats experience of low tier powers that barely work.

That is, as far as dedicated super hero systems go. Generic ultra light systems might do a pretty good job.
>>
>>52167028
I've always wanted to play an Aquabats-themed RPG, but never had a group willing to join me. Feels aquabad, man.
>>
>>52169180
lawl
>>
File: MC Bat Commander.jpg (143KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
MC Bat Commander.jpg
143KB, 900x600px
MC Bat Commander

Affiliations:
Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Distinctions:
Aquabats, let's go!
Winging it!
Fearless Leader!

Power Sets:

Commander's Awesomeness!
Durability D8
Leaping D6
Heat Resistance d10
Totally Rad Vocals D6

SFX:
Stunning Backflips! - Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by –1. Step up Emotional Stress inflcted by +1.
Amazing the Crowds! - Add Totally Rad Vocals or Leaping to your dice pool when helping others recover stress. Spend 1 PP to recover your own or another’s Emotional Stress or step back your own or another’s Emotional Trauma by –1
Impulsive Man of Action - Borrow a die from the doom pool for an attack action, step up the doom die by +1 and return to the doom pool
Leading the Aquabats! - Add a d6 and step up your effect die when using Commander's Awesomeness to create a assets

Limit:
Fatigue Poisons - Shutdown any Commander's Awesomeness! power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties
Acrobatic D8
Business D8
Combat D10
Vehicle D8
>>
File: Crash McLarson.jpg (153KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Crash McLarson.jpg
153KB, 900x600px
>>52169729
Crash McLarson

Affiliations:
Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8
Sweet Bass D6

Distinctions:
Getting Emotionaaaaaal!
Loves cute things
Don't hurt my friends!

Power Sets:

Punk Rock Super Fists!
Durability D8
Growth D10
Strength D8

SFX:
Physically tough, Emotionally vulnerable - Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from Physical Attacks
Grapple - Add d6 and step up effect die +1 when inflicting a complication on a target.
Going All Out - Step up or double any Punk Rock Super Fists! power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.

Limit:
Emotionally Tied Powers - Change any Punk Rock Super Fists! power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover
the power.

Specialties
Combat D10
Menace D8
>>
File: Jimmy The Robot.jpg (147KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy The Robot.jpg
147KB, 900x600px
>>52169886
Crash could probably make use of Psych D8, so he can talk to people in a pleasant way and not just intimidating.

Jimmy The Robot

Affiliations:
Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Distinctions:
Loving and Caring Emotionless Robot
Smartest Aquabat in the band
Scientist, Farmer, Saxophone player

Power Sets:
Super Robot Aquabat
Robotic Arsenal D10
Durability D10
Cbernetic Senses D6
Electrifying Keyboard D6

SFX:
Area Attack - Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target
Inventing on the Spot - Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using POWER SET to create assets.

Limit:
I'm not just a robot! - Earn 1 PP if you step up emotional stress inflcted by the fact that you are a robot by +1.

Specialties
Cosmic D8
Science D10
Tech D10
>>
File: Ricky Fitness.jpg (120KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ricky Fitness.jpg
120KB, 900x600px
>>52170101
Jimmy also has Business D8 and Vehicles D10

Ricky Fitness

Affiliations:
Solo D8
Buddy D10
Team D6

Distinctions:
Super Knowledge of Fitness
I'm on it!
Loved by girls everywhere

Power Sets:

Super Fast Health Nut!
Speed D10
Reflexes D8
Stamina D8
Rumbling Drums! D6

SFX:
Very Focused Healthy Brain! - If a pool includes a Super Fast Health Nut! power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.
Super Fast Punching - Step up or double Speed die against a single target. Remove highest rolling die and add an additional die to your total
The benefits of a healthy diet - Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from poison, disease, or fatigue

Limit:
Doesn't like too much attention - If Emotional Trauma is taken, shutdown Super Fast Health Nut! until trauma is recovered.

Specialties
Acrobatic D10
Combat D8
Medical D10
Psych D8
>>
File: EagleBones FalconHawk.jpg (130KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
EagleBones FalconHawk.jpg
130KB, 900x600px
>>52170257

EagleBones FalconHawk

Affiliations:
Solo D6
Buddy D8
Team D10

Distinctions:
I summon the duuuuuuuuuude!
You're not the boss of me!
Right wrongs, fight evil and protect the innocent

Power Sets:
Bird Bones and Mystical Powers
Mystic Sense D8
Stamina D10
THE DUUUUUUUUUDE! D8
Flight D8

SFX:
Super Fast, But Unimportant Healing - Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by –1.

Limit:
Frail Bones - Earn 1 PP if you step up Physical Stress inflcted by Attacks by +1.

Laser Guitar
Weapon D8
Rocktacular Guitar! D6

SFX:
Area Attack - Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effct die
Focused Lightning - Step up or double Weapon die against a single target. Remove highest rolling die and add an additional die to your total.

Limit:
Gear - Shutdown Laser Guitar and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover gear.

Specialties
Covert D8
Mystic D8
Vehicle D8
>>
File: Battle Tram.png (322KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Tram.png
322KB, 2592x1728px
>>52170490
The Battle Tram!
The Battle Tram! is a special power set any Aquabat may use by spending 1 PP. The Battle Tram is always considered to be in the scene unless an Aquabat uses the Gear Limit on it.
Missile Launchers D10
Flight d10
Strength D10
Speed D10

SFX:
Area Attack - Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target

Limit:
More trouble than it's worth! - Both 1 and 2 on your dice count as opportunities when using a The Battle Tram! power.
Gear -Any Aquabat may shutdown The Battle Tram! and gain 1 PP. Any Aquabat may take an action vs. doom pool to recover.
>>
>>52170490
I love these stats!
Eaglebones Falconhawk has a lifetime ban at Disneyland because they caught him swimming in the moat one time. True story.
Also Crash is in his early 50s and works as a general contractor.
My mom used to work with MCBC's brother Parker (aka The Professor). They are a very nice family but they are EXTREMELY Mormon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.