[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DM creates all the dungeon maps by painting over top-down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Jean-Paul-Sartre1.jpg (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Paul-Sartre1.jpg
96KB, 1000x1000px
>DM creates all the dungeon maps by painting over top-down views of early-mid 90's fps games
>won't admit it
>>
>>52148222
That's fine. Nothing wrong with using a map you haven't made yourself.
And not confirming the source discourages possible metagaming attempts a bit.
>>
>>52148222
Seems fine. Weird that he wont admit it but id let it go. In fact its not a bad idea come to think of it
>>
Hell, early games I ran used floorplans of actual buildings that I scaled to a hexgrid. Can't really find them as easily, anymore.

Pretty cool idea, though. I should try stealing it.
>>
>>52148222

You have an acquaintance that's doing something for you in his own way, and it's clearly an interest both of you have in common. Instead of enjoying yourself with a like-minded individual, you are making this into something adversarial.

He would probably admit it in some fashion if you had a shred of tact.
>>
>>52148222

Sounds completely and utterly okay. It seems like you take things way too seriously, or worse, think they're secretly attempts to slight or deceive you, specifically. Get that old noggin checked out, friend.
>>
>>52148222
But wait. What if he's using late 90's fps games.
>>
>>52148503
>>52149188
>>52150293
>>52150335
>>52152814
>missing the point

He won't admit it.

Also, you already know all the secret walls and monster closets. It's no fun anymore.
>>
>>52152814
Don't derail this into a That DM-thread.
>>
>>52152829
The problem here is really that you have memorized the levels of all the early-90s FPS games he has mining for maps?
>>
>>52152850
Dude, I was a child in the early '90s. OF COURSE I've memorized those maps.
>>
Oh shit that's a good idea. Thanks anon.
>>
>>52152862
then quietly drop the hint about some games you didn't play, i highly doubt you played all of them
>>
>>52152877
For the record, I'm not OP.

I'm just old enough to realise the problems that arise from such GM behavior.

If the GM just copies random .wad's and other player-generated stuff, there are less problems than ripping off the goddamn low-grav Pyramid level in Q1.
>>
>>52152905
fair enough. I've not got much experience about this stuff, other than tracing over a player-made doom map. It was the columbine high school one. Nobody noticed, It was literally shits and giggles on my part
>>
>>52152952
Here's the thing. If you copy '90s shooter maps, and you've got someone who was born in the early or late '80s and played a lot of shooters in your group, they probably will recognize it - because back then, there hardly were any games out there, and parents didn't buy a lot of games for kids, so you'd play Doom, Hexen or Quake over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, because it was the only game you had. Maybe if you were lucky, you could borrow Duke Nukem or Unreal from a friend if he got to borrow your Rise of the Triad or Blood, you get the idea.
>>
>>52153152
Well I suppose in response to the OP if you were literally that autistic about it and knew that he was tracing maps then just get the original pictures of the maps and confront him in front of the rest of the group. Can't deny evidence.
>>
>>52153325
Jesus, don't give him ideas. OP sounds like enough of a joyless fuck to do just that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.