[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why couldn't you jump while wearing Tartaros armor? Especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1462899806117590715.jpg (73KB, 843x697px) Image search: [Google]
1462899806117590715.jpg
73KB, 843x697px
So why couldn't you jump while wearing Tartaros armor? Especially if you're wielding a shard of the Wailing Doom?
>>
>>52145933
Because only a moron would think that slightly faster than a slow gait that takes a couple steps to turn 90 degrees = double front flips.
>>
Isn't Tartaros supposed to be super-light, though? I mean, it looks like someone just took MkIV armor and stretched it to be bigger, whereas normal Termie armor looks like someone actually made it more badass.
>>
>>52146085
All forgeworld says is that it provides greater mobility, but it'd be tough to be slower than Indomintus. And the mobility apparently isn't greater enough to give Terminators the ability to sweep which marks it as still notably slower than powered armor.
>>
>>52145933

Nothing in the history of the lore of the Imperium has ever stated, suggested, implied, or hinted that the Tactical Dreadnought Armor Project resulted in the development and completion of terminator armor which has more mobility than an Eldar Banshee. If it was even remotely possible, the Iron Warriors would have developed Chaos terminator armor which could have done it long ago.
>>
>>52146133
That's exactly what it does, though. HH FAQ for 7th ed says that this armor can make sweeps, but is otherwise normal (2+/5++ Relentless)
>>
>>52146300
I must've missed that FAQ. I stand corrected.
>>
>>52145933
Possibility:

Angelos' almost complete cybernetic replacement after the Kyras beatdown has caused him to have better integration with the armors systems, allowing him to have increased agility.

Also wasn't there something said about Godsplitter giving his suit additional power?
>>
>>52146529

Bullshit. He effectively has bigger leaps and better mobility than fucking Guilliman 2.0. By that logic, Guilliman 2.0 should power dunk titans on their heads. Hell, Marneus Calgar should be dunking Tyranids since hes mostly cyborg.
>>
Space Marines eat brains to absorb memories.
>>
File: 51f.gif (863KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
51f.gif
863KB, 480x270px
>>52146561
>>
>>52146561
The Guilliman who wields a S10 AP1 sword which counts as D-weapon on a to-hit of 6? He doesn't need to jump, he could probably kill a titan by hacking at its toe for a round of combat.
>>
File: Gendo_Ward_zpsf4c26799.png (308KB, 459x499px) Image search: [Google]
Gendo_Ward_zpsf4c26799.png
308KB, 459x499px
>>52146561
>By that logic, Guilliman 2.0 should power dunk titans on their heads. Hell, Marneus Calgar should be dunking Tyranids since hes mostly cyborg.
Don't give him any ideas.
>>
>>52145933

>Especially if you're wielding a shard of the Wailing Doom?

The fuck are you on about? Why would that do anything to help a terminator backflip? Don't be retarded.
>>
The armor pictured is Cataphractii though.
>>
>>52145991
Well that's implying physics is meant to work in 40k. I mean everyhting is outrageous and cannot logically work given all the stats we have on space Marine armor. The ability to wield a "force hammer" alone or even swing a sword effectively (to a degree that would do any significant damage to anything) would be impossible in the real world given the dimensions and alleged weight of the armor. Not taking into account the body movement required to swing any melee weapons in said power armor, and thus the immense energy consumed or needed for a single swing.

Tl;dr: if you want to argue realism, you mightaswell argue against the entire universe of 40k
>>
Jump packs barely work on power armor, let alone terminator armor.

Two jet turbines, that can keep aircraft aloft, cannot even keep power armor aloft like a jetpack.

Power armor. Not Terminator.
>>
>>52150789

People argue against precedence and consistency, not against realism. This is hardly the most notorious instance of Warhammer going anime. But when you're digesting a depiction of a fictional work, you kinda want it to be accurate to the source material right?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.