[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-----GUILD BALL GENERAL----- >Please Clap Edition http

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 24

File: GO-KO-Mockup4+(2).png (202KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
GO-KO-Mockup4+(2).png
202KB, 360x360px
-----GUILD BALL GENERAL-----

>Please Clap Edition

http://steamforged.com/

Season 3 Rules
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/5836b3986b8f5ba7a0d3a82a/1479979944479/GB-Season3-Rulebook.pdf

All cards available online
http://steamforged.com/guildball

Official Vassal Module
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Guild_Ball

Battlehammer Batrep with new Brainpan and Memory model
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsS5-1pxjpw
>>
>>52138687
Da bump. I need to ask something but i'm not at home, so wait for me a bit
>>
Since there isnt really a topic yet, what does everyone think of the new brisket?
>>
>>52138687

> Pin Vice casts Alternator and Controller, Pass to Locus
> Teamwork 4" Dodge
> Move 6"
> Kick forwards into blank space
> Remote Control
> Turn 1 Goal from base line

He seems really fun, and looks like fucking Iron man.
>>
>>52138687
How big the models are? Anyone is willing to post pics of their models? I'm thinking about using them in WH
>>
>>52138687
How can I introduce GB to people who knows nothing about wargames other than Warhammer? I mean how I can make they leave their comfort zone?
>>
>>52141906
correct me if wrong but it looks like that Remote ball skill sounds a bit too strong? I mean the ball is technically "always" in your control as long you have influence, right?
>>
>>52142173
Try selling them on the lower model count and the tighter rules.

>>52143639
Not really. Its only really a threat if its loose, which you dont want to have a loose ball against engis anyway because of mother and salvo.
The other part too it is a that Locus is only a 4/6 move. The play is 6" so he does have a 12" threat but you can block off his 40mil base so its not that bad.
>>
>>52144581
Can you use the skill to "steal" the ball of someone else? or first I need to tackle the rival so the ball can scatter?
>>
>>52144581
>Try selling them on the lower model count and the tighter rules.
give me an example. how much does it cost to assemble a full GB team and how much, I don't know, a decent army in AOS/40K? I'm asking because I'm pretty sure someone will use the "But you have the "start collecting" boxes!"
>>
>>52144799
For fuck sake.

You can buy a six man team for $60-85 depending where you look. Warhammer is literally thousands of dollars. How do you not know this?
>>
>>52145066
I'm not saying for me.
I literally heard people saying to me "but you have the start collecting boxes and that gives you enough for start playing 40K" for example.
also some hard data is always welcome, at least for me
>>
>>52145109
You can literally play GB for free, until you decide you like it. The rules are free. You can print out paper dolls of all the models for play. You can print out the templates. Give it a try. The rules are tight. The game is fairly balanced. And it's fun to boot.

You can buy the Blood Island or whatever is the equivalent for fantasy/40k is now, but from there your cost is exponential.
>>
I want to play this game so bad, but the kick off has two guild I am not interested in.
>>
Is this easier than blood bowl?
>>
>>52146432
they are two different game suprisingly. I originally thought guild ball was going to be a blood bowl clone but is far from it.

Is it easier? no. Is it cleaner? yes. Bloodbowl can be played while getting wasted but if you like strategy and thinking outside the box when it comes to play, than guild ball is better. both have they own audience.
>>
>>52144675
No, in the first line of the ability it says you target a free ball marker. Thats only when the ball is not in the possession of a model.

>>52144799
Like what >>52145066 said. Albeit a little harsher than I would. A full 6 man team would run you about $60-85. A full faction would cost a bit more than $175.

Looking at discount games right now, to buy the entire alchemist faction (i just picked one at random) it would cost you $200~. This includes every model for the faction, a token set, and a tray from battle foam to hold the whole faction in.

For 40k their starter box for space marines cost about $85 and gives you one unit an hq and a dreadnought. You probable want 2-3 more units, some rhinos, and some heavys. Which could run you anywhere from $300- $700 depending on how many of each you want to get. Thats not including any foam or what not you want to get to carry all this stuff.

As far as rules there's a litany of issues I remember about their rules in 40k and fantasy. Admittedly that was a few additions ago but I dont see that changing any time soon with GW. I will say though that gw's stance has always been they're a modeling company first and a game company second.

SF on the other hand is all about making the best game they can. The rules are simple but add a lot of room for strategic depth. If you hit some rough terrain its just -2/-2 move. No double move cost, or taking terrain checks. Just a simple reduction. Combat is also a lot more interesting with how the playbooks work as opposed to rolling dice and just looking for 6's.
>>
>>52146364
Get it just to learn the mechanics, become familiar with the two different play styles, and to hook your friends. For $150 you can have an entire pure team, and for another $50 all the Union [Mercs] I have four teams, plus the two starter lists, and it's easy to assemble [most of the time], paint, and play. Like >>52145717
says, it's literally free as in beer to play if you want.
>>
>>52146553
I'm dowloading the vassal mod now but I am really a big fan of miniatures
>>
>>52146721
Remember once you set up everything, give us a call. I'll be glad to play with someone else who is new to the game
>>
>>52147153
I finally got it going but I need to sleep, is there a place I can meet up to learn how to play the game? I see a "play online option"
>>
>>52147192
Pretty much the same thing I was asking. The best thing you can do is to play a kick-off match with someone experienced in GB and learn the ropes as you play with him/her, making a lot of mistakes and asking about every 5 minutes. That is what I did. Oh yeah and read the fast rules so your can know at least the basics of the game.
>>
>>52141982
Theyre generally slighter than most warhammer models, though some and most newer sculpts are getting chunkier.

>>52146474
>implying BB isn't was cleaner with its square movements
>implying BB doesn't require sound strategy

cmon m8 GB is good but BB aint as beer and pretzels as most would imply.
>>
>>52141864
She seem's good though +1 on a goal isn't as scary as +2 on a takeout really. Like Im still more worried about the current state of Alchs and their ability to win at 2-1
>>
File: Consider-The-Following.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Consider-The-Following.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
How do you all tier list the teams right now? IMO

>God Tier
Alchs

>Great Tier
Fish, Union

>Respectable
Morts, Butchers, Engis

>Burning garbage fire
Masons, Brewers

>Hunters tier
Hunters
>>
>>52150108
seems pretty good, Morts pre BPM might have also been down in burning garbage. I think Respectable tier are mostly gimmicky teams.
>>
>>52150108
why everyone shit on Hunters? they are that bad?

also
>Burning Garbage Fire
so you're basically saying Kick-off is shit?
>>
>>52151518
I think that is why you get so much extra goodies with the box set
>>
>>52151518

Hunters just don't mesh as a team. they're missing something. they have basically 0 ability to play ball.

too much reliance on bad character plays, some of them (zarola is the best example) have awful playbooks. Theron sucks, and the best player is jaecar but if other teams just kill jaecar now the hunters have no good players on the field.

seenah being 0/2 is also a laugh. i've seen 10 influence hunters teams fielded that can't score to save their life (only with A&G!)
>>
Next question. Why are brewers/Masons bad/crap teams?
>>
>>52151597
>>52150108
Stop shittalking my waifu. She is the best.
>>
>>52150108
Swap morts and Masons.
>>
>>52153098
I can't speak to brewers, but Mason's are fine. I played almost a fixed list hammer team at captain con and did pretty well. The only problems I had were the worst dice I'd ever seen in round three. I made 6 kicks playing against fish. 1 with wrecker and 5 with hammer and mallet. I only made one kick. Guess which one it was...
>>
>>52154018
*Tower not hammer
>>
new balancing for brewers/Masons when?
>>
>>52154905
and don't forget hunters, seriously, i am new to the game, how often does guildball get updated? (also why are alchemists god tier? are they just the best or is there something pushing them far higher then the others?)
>>
>>52155689
Honestly the groupings are pretty close together. A lot more than say pre errata skorne and circle in mk3.

Alches have two very good strikers in Midas and vitriol. They also have vKata who can get 4 vp out of a take out (he kills himself in the process and gives 2vp to your opponent when he does though). This means they can play a very fast game of 2-1 as opposed to everyone else playing 2-2 or 4-1 or even 3-0.
>>
How nessecary is Colossus for an Engineer's 9? Considering starting an Engineers squad, but think Colossus looks exceedingly derptastic.
>>
anyone for a game in vassal later?
a kick off game so I can also learn and get used and practise what I know and how much I can remember about the game.
>>
>>52153098
Brewers are ok but don't score very well. They do have good damage output/KD so its not all bad.
Mason's are a football team with many 4 move models.
>>
>>52156748
ATM they're not as close as you'd like as Alchs/fish are basically a lap ahead of everyone else. Everyone else is close enough tho.
Hunters need their upcoming box with a 2nd captain.
>>
>>52158027

He's really, really good. I tried to play without him for a long time, for exactly the same reasons. But honestly he's one of the best players for the team.

Ratchet is the one player I would consider mandatory, just because he's *so fucking good*. I have literally never played a game without him because he just does so much for everyone around him.
Hoist gets in a lot because he can emulate some of what Ratchet does, except he trades Overclock for ludicrous resilience. He is pillowfisted but makes a good run for the goal.

These, along with Colossus, are probably the most-used models for the faction. I would need to think long and hard before dropping any of them.
If you wanted to drop Colossus, you are dropping some big speed, resilience and general board presence. You might be able to cover the loss with Hoist and/or Locus.

> Pin Vice
> Mainspring
> Ratchet
> Hoist
> Velocity
> Locus

Might be entertaining to try. Works on the principle that once the ball is dropped, it *will* go to the goal.
>>
>>52158767
I think they're definitely strong but its not like S2 obulus levels of bs.
>>
What do you think of the "Watch it played" tutorial vids for Guild Ball?
>>
Remember to update your vassal module so both of you won't be experimenting any sort of trouble like for example not being able to see player cards or something else.

The current module is the 6.5 version
>>
>>52158873
Im still shocked how anyone couldn't see how good obulus was, even more how all the UK groups denied it. That said I think alchs ability to 2-1 a game is something that might need to be looked at especially considering how good their strikers are.
>>
File: #18 Minx Finished.jpg (4MB, 3100x2400px) Image search: [Google]
#18 Minx Finished.jpg
4MB, 3100x2400px
Ooh, a Guild Ball General.

Been working on my models recently. Got some new ones to post.

Was going for a nordic 'valkyrie' style theme for Minx. Seems to fit her quite well.
>>
File: #19 VHarmony finished.jpg (4MB, 2900x2600px) Image search: [Google]
#19 VHarmony finished.jpg
4MB, 2900x2600px
Veteran Harmony was a lot of fun to paint as well. A very, very nice model. She makes me think of a Wendy's x The Bride crossover.
>>
>>52160068
Mason's have some cool waifu minis, shames theyre kinda naff.
>>
>>52160040
>>52160068
I wish I could paint like you.
should I pay a visit to WIP thread or should I look up for another source for tips and such?
>>
File: Triscuit.jpg (624KB, 1596x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Triscuit.jpg
624KB, 1596x1000px
Triscuit's card got posted the other day as well. She looks disgusting. Doesn't do shit except score, though, which is probably for the best...
>>
>>52160681
WIP is mostly shitposting these days, to be honest. There's still some good models getting posted there (and to be frank mine are below average for the thread), but the content and community has taken a radical nosedive recently. People impersonating other folks and claiming their models are the bestest ever to shit on their reputation, shitposting about churches and "tabletop standard" and "look ma ima gurl" and just general garbage. Seems like the whole board is going in that direction sadly.

My recommendation, honestly, is to get the basics down and then just paint a lot. Nothing's going to improve the quality of your work faster than doing it until it works. Obviously you'll want to know the basics, figure out how thin your paint should be ('milk' consistency typically), multiple thin coats, how to layer, how to properly wash (quickly and not nearly so heavily), how and what to edge highlight, etc etc, but once you've learned the basics practice is what makes the difference.
>>
>>52160868
I know the basics. I participated in a small "painting minis" workshop. now the thing is I need victims for my first serious projects. and I don't wanna ruin my GB characters. heh. well thanks for the tip. practise practise practise.
>>
>>52138687

I got a buddy who is starting a vassal league using the big league box with approval from Steamforged. Gonna have a bunch of coaches and shit and register your teams and names and such.

I thought about joining but I simply don't have the ability to. I work all the god damned time.
>>
File: morticians.jpg (68KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
morticians.jpg
68KB, 800x350px
when you want to play ball with your respective team who do you like to use?

I play spooks and I usually use:

scalpel, dirge, bonesaw, to start with to get my baseline ballhandling, then I season to taste with either cosset and ghast for murder or graves and silence for better ballhandling/utility, although I occasionally throw casket in to either group but I feel like he fits better in the murder team comp. lately iv been using brainpan and memory but I haven't gotten enough games with them to really make a call on them but my gut tells me there's something there.

of all the choices though im sort of stuck on greaves he's got decent kick stats for a spook but he's got some damage potential but he's not the most powerful in my opinion, I sort of struggle to figure out what to do with him at least others like cosset or bonesaw have a pretty clear role to play.
>>
>>52161234
If that's the case then you've got two options. One is to go get yourself some Reaper Bones minis, preferably humans, and cut your teeth on them -- they're cheap and varied and make great practice figures. The other is to just say screw it and paint your Guild Ball figures anyways. They're metal so they're super easy to strip and try again if you aren't happy about them. Or just don't, really -- trust me, nobody's going to actually mock you for your painting at your flgs. Just plow through and keep painting and people will respect you for that. And then, when you've painted them all you can strip and re paint the oldest ones with all the new skill you developed.
>>
>>52161317
I would participate in something like that but I'm more for casual games since I'm still learning. also a league? what's the prize for the top?
>>
>>52158682

I'm usually on vassal, just show up and put up the looking for game symbol and someone will notice
>>
>>52150108
Why are the Masons bad? I am thinking of getting into the game but if the Masons are bad I might skip the kick off box
>>
>>52163065
The Mason's aren't bad, they just aren't OP and winning tournaments like the Alchemists and Fish are. The only team that's definitely bad would be the Hunters, and even then they're still playable just not competitive.
>>
File: Little Bunny Fangtooth.png (406KB, 625x729px) Image search: [Google]
Little Bunny Fangtooth.png
406KB, 625x729px
So who else is picking up the Easter LE model when it goes up?
>>
>>52163865
Do people in the world of GB celebrates Easter?
>>
>>52164647
Sure! The rebirth of the sun, the celebration of life, the copulation of chickens, ducks, and bunnies ...
>>
>>52163865
Sure they do. That's why the farmers are going to hit the pitch soon
>>
File: hunters3GROUP.jpg (357KB, 1200x1002px) Image search: [Google]
hunters3GROUP.jpg
357KB, 1200x1002px
bump to survive the night
>>
>>
>>52163865
He looks so cute.
it almost makes you forget he is some kind of abomination under that mask that only knows about dishing pain in the field.
>>
>>52146553
This is the most accurate pricing on any game I have ever read. Masons here I come
>>
Have a bump, I wish this general could sustain itself.

Perhaps we should do a guild ball league playing on vassal?
>>
>>52171418
I have vassal and guild ball added but I have never used vassal before.
>>
I wish I could play right now but I'm busy. maybe tomorrow at the afternoon? (only if this place still here naturally)
>>
I'm just starting out and winning be damned, I can't NOT play the faction with a bear. Everyone in the play group is brand new, with our veteran player having four games under her belt.

That said, if I'm trying to at least make people work for their wins, what should I be looking at doing? Are there any less than obvious tricks or synergies I should keep in mind?

Also, I keep seeing numbers like 2-1, 3-1, 2-2... What do those mean?
>>
>>52171418
yah a small league sounds like fun if there is interest.
>>
>>52172860
>Also, I keep seeing numbers like 2-1, 3-1, 2-2... What do those mean?
Goals and take outs to get to 12
Balling teams will usually win 3-0 or 2-2, whereas brawling teams might win more with a 1-4 or even 0-6 tally
Alchemists are the only team that can pull off a 2-1, an vKat can make a takeout worth 4 points.
>>
>>52170914
If your US based and not splitting a starter box look at Gamenerdz. You can get a tournament 9 there for about $100.
Example:
Mason starter
Hammer
Both mascots
Brick
Tower
vHarmony
Rings up got about $98 with free shipping
>>
>>52173135
>Rings up got about
Ring up AT about
>>
Well, beat me. now I have some time. anyone wants to play with a newb?
>>
File: 29465-large.jpg (144KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
29465-large.jpg
144KB, 950x950px
Anybody seen any leaks for Crucible yet? We've got full cards for two of the three March releases, but nothing on Crucible that I've heard.
>>
>>52175481
nothing has been released yet
>>
File: f58OpP4.png (72KB, 112x223px) Image search: [Google]
f58OpP4.png
72KB, 112x223px
this is my waifu
>>
>>52177718
How's it feel having a shit waifu nobody wants to play?
>>
So, what are atucally the Solthecians? a guild inside another guild? or something different?
>>
>>52178378
Yes
>>
were the Farmer's guild already released?
>>
>>52179347
no but we've seen 3 of their cards so far. (subject to change of course)
>>
>>52177718
Fuck your waifu, i hate her.
>>
What makes Alchs so good? I mean I like Alchs mostly by the concept and I thought they would be kind of lame in display. what do I find instead? Alch dominating the league in most places this season.
>>
>>52181013
They play a great control game and need the fewest actions to win a game. 2 goals and a take-out from veteran Katalyst.
>>
>>52181013
One of if not the best striker in the game with Midas, Vitriol is also no slouch. A solid 2" melee mascot. vKats ability to get +2 off a kill means they can threaten and win faster than everyone else in the game.
They have like 9 good models and access to A&G and Harry the top of the Union heap.
>>
File: 20160130_192156_zps65hflymu.jpg (273KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20160130_192156_zps65hflymu.jpg
273KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>52181520
>>52182566
Why I've got the feeling a nerf is about to hit and hard the Alchs?
>>
>>52182586

>that ever so tiny bit of spray on brisket's chest.

nice
>>
>>52182628
oh, it's incoming. the way they play now makes the game completely imbalanced.
>>
>>52182784
someone please hold me.
I don't wanna see.
>>
>>52182828
Meh, youre good til season 5
Look how long it took em to fix obby
>>
>>52182628
Really just depends on how well it holds up throughout the "season" I would think vKat is the main/easiest thing to hit.
>>
>>52183394
of course, that is the only real problem with alch at the moment.
>>
>>52183565
I mean without it theyre not that much more annoying than fish, but fish are really annoying
>>
Got two games in tonight. First was Theron vs. Ox, the second was Blackheart vs. Esters.

Man the new Blackheart is disgusting. He got a turn 1 goal, without even popping his legendary. I do feel a little bad about the Butchers game, though. It was one of my opponent's first games and before then he had only played Fish and Alchemists, so he was expecting me to run at the ball and play football and charged right at me instead... Little did he know, in the Hunters vs. Butchers game, the Butchers are the ball team.
>>
>>52185424
It doesn't help that ox is kinda shit atm, unlike the YAAS QUEEN of GB.
>>
Morning Empire of the Free cities
>>
>>52172978

Alchemists are not the only team that can do 2-1.

mother fucking casket was the OG
>>
>>52185424

ANY team is the ball team vs hunters. i have never in my life seen a team so god awful at playing football.
>>
>>52188050
too be fair old morts were still more of a 1-3 team. BPM might however make casket plays a little more attractive.
>>
File: jaecar.jpg (101KB, 564x891px) Image search: [Google]
jaecar.jpg
101KB, 564x891px
>>52185424
>>52188295

iv only played against hunters once, I lost because I didn't know a thing about them. is the general gameplan to murder jaecar and then play ball all the way home?
>>
File: #09 Jaecar Finished.jpg (2MB, 2422x1759px) Image search: [Google]
#09 Jaecar Finished.jpg
2MB, 2422x1759px
>>52191598
Murdertrain Jaecar is usually a thing, yeah. That said, Hunters have a good number of models that can put out a lot of damage -- Jaecar isn't the only one. Chaska can potentially drop 12 damage in an activation if Theron has set him up, Theron's not a bad beater in his own right, Minx is fantastic at setting other beaters up and getting in incremental damage, Fahad can charge for 5+ damage if his target is already snared, and of course Seenah can rip people to shreds if given half a chance.

As for playing ball, usually if I win with Hunters it's a 6-0 victory. Sometimes I will have Jaecar or Chaska tap in a goal for the last 4 vp but I really have no way to engineer that I just have to get lucky and seize an opportunity. Theron could do it as well, but he's usually too far back while I like to play Chaska and Jaecar pushed up and in the wings.
>>
>>52191671
Jaecar is my primary goal scoring model, with Minx second. The easy access to 2" dodges can get him into position, and dodging 8" after goal is pretty sweet
>>
which team do you think could benefit from more waifus?

personally I think the morts, brewers, and engis could use a few more. morts especially, I just feel as if there's still some untapped potential there even if I cant really figure out what it is.
>>
All this Hunters talk, how would you make Hunters relevant in the current meta? what changes will be required for this to happen?
>>
>>52193390

Engineers.
On the one hand, I fully appreciate the realism of having a single female on the team, who also happens to be an autistic sociopath.
I also appreciate the reality behind a group of professional nerds taking it upon themselves to build perfect robotic waifus.

However, an actual female human would be nice to have around.
>>
>>52193467

honestly give them the ability to play ball a bit better. that and work on theon at the moment there only captain option is a bit subpar. not saying that will fix everything but giving them some goal scoring capabilities and buffing theon would help them out a bit.
>>
>>52193467

Theron needs sunstrike removed from his card and replaced with momentous inspiration. He can then add an extra character play that's more useful.

the team needs a way to play ball. if you just browse through most hunter players you can see the vast majority are 2 dice (or worse) kickers with their tackle being unrealistically hard to get.

they probably need an extra INF battery player because its possible to field 10/11 inf teams
>>
File: #10 Theron Finished.jpg (2MB, 1952x2392px) Image search: [Google]
#10 Theron Finished.jpg
2MB, 1952x2392px
>>52195209
I'd rather see Sun Strike turned into something useful, to be honest. The problem is right now it's a straight out trap, usable only if you're going to waste an influence anyways.

What if Sun Strike were:
>Once during its activation, target friendly Guild model may either generate [1] MP from a successful Character Play that targets an enemy model or it may reroll one or more dice during Character Play.

Basically turn it into a super confidence that only works with character plays, both making the ability worth using and also making the Hunter's CPs more reliable. Would probably need to bump it to once per turn as well, but still, I'd use Sun Strike a hell of a lot more often and actually be happy about doing it if this is what it said.
>>
>>52195352
The idea to me is to spend influence at a risk to generate momentum at a range. if he didn't have blessing of the father id agree but if your making use of a charterer play, you get that and the bonus of he can then sun father for an extra 2 or 3 inf for the team, think of it like old jakes.
I honestly don't think hunters are as bad as people think. I think Theron isn't a great captain, try getting him in combat, his got a great playbook and snares from that too. and his pretty tough at 4 1 with 18 boxes
>>
>>52191671

oh im aware that jaecar isn't the end all be all of the damage dealers for the hunters, but from what iv noticed he makes momentum like no one else's business so I figure if I can take him out early or have someone like silence shut him out. it severely hampers the hunters ability to do damage or heal/remove conditions and win the roll off.

the question becomes then how to deal with Seenah. it seems to me like you wither commit to ganging up on her and putting the boot in in hopes of taking her down or putting something(preferably hard to hit) in her way so she cant get the free charge.
>>
File: #13 Seenah Finished.jpg (6MB, 4200x2800px) Image search: [Google]
#13 Seenah Finished.jpg
6MB, 4200x2800px
>>52195563
I'm not going to lie: I don't rate BotSF very highly either. It's a highly telegraphed eggs in all one basket style of play. The only character I'm ever happy putting BotSF on is Chaska, as Boom Box is usually worth it. I legitimately don't care about it for any other model the Hunters can field. Well, I suppose I'll do it on Egret for a Flurry, but only if all the models she's about to hit with it have already activated, because otherwise you just telegraph it and one or more move away.

As a Hunter player, BotSF is something that I'll do once or twice a game. It's really not worth hamstringing yourself over.

With regards to Theron's melee capacity, he's not terrible there. He can reliably turn 1 influence into 2 momentous damage, and that is nice. I wouldn't use him in melee to kill people, though. I give him a small amount of influence and then I have him bop a couple enemies and spread snare. I see him like Pin Vice -- not useless in a scrum, but you shouldn't rely on him to deal your damage.

>>52195939
I am honestly not sure you can keep Seenah from charging if she has 2 inf. I mean, stop to think for a minute. She's got that 2" push at the start of her activation, so any model that isn't base to base can be pushed outside of her melee zone and then she just needs to momentously push and / or KD any other models engaging her and she makes her charge. Unless you have three models in base to base contact with her then she's gonna get that charge, almost certainly.

Of course, yes, she's not going to deal that much damage if she has to KD two characters each turn, but KD is a pretty damn good condition for Hunters to be applying so I wouldn't exactly call it a win for you. You're tying up a lot of value there in what is basically just a black hole of obnoxiousness.

Really your best bet for shutting down Seenah are either control effects (never bring her into a Hunters mirror -- Theron ruins her) or killing her.
>>
>>52196162
blessing is relay good on hearne and zarola aswell. very effect plays but to pricey to pay for. midnight offering is massively underrated for goals or getting cat.bear/jaecar to get crazy range. getting 4 -6 damage off then having the bear or cat go in can mess someone up, as for pinvice she has access to two version of tooled up. the damage output can get pretty crazy.
>>
>>52196162

I think your mostly right about the Seenah thing, mostly. i think you can prevent her from charging but I don't think its really worth it, you need at least two models with reach to have any real chance of tying her down. assuming she has 2 INF on her and she uses her roar on one of the models they will probably be pushed out of the way(unless they there base to base and have a 2 inch reach) then uses an attack to get a push which may or may not do the trick or a KD which will do it leaving her with 1 INF for 2 total attacks on the charge.

so basically you either get lucky and/or you bring enough reach to prevent her from charging. at which point your right the cost/benefit ratio of just trying to hold her out weighs any real benefit when a portion of your team is tied up dealing with the just holding the bear in place. but I suppose at that point you have enough models on her that you could try to go for the kill and/or wound her pretty badly. Which is probably what you should be doing.
>>
>>52196507
Keep in mind that Seenah has reach as well, so reach does little to nothing to prevent her from charging. She can just KD you from range and then charge.

Body blocking is probably the only real way to do it. She can't charge over people so she doesn't like getting hemmed in. Of course she can always try to set her charge up with roar (and a spare push if you were base to base) but then you can predict who she's going to charge.
>>
>>52195563

Yes, but every other ranged captain in the game (ballista and smoke) get sunstrike for free in an aura around them without requiring their activation or influence, and have more influence available.

BotSF is pretty weak considering that hunters character plays are not super high impact. Chaskas is the best use of it. But in general character plays can be more wasteful than standard attacks and over reliance on them is a huge trap.

BotSF is just something you do to make your other plays go better, like chaska having the triple shotgun, or hearne getting to teleport and skewer before attacking. applying a -1 def debuff makes it more likely hes going to get better playbook results.
>>
about 120~post in a thread
not a bad number.
>>
>>52198694
It's pretty good for a niche game. I am trying to sell an army from another game, so I can invest in guild ball physically and bring the game to my shop. We need another game, right now it's only magic, 40k and infinity.
>>
>>52198747
are you me?
here there's is only Magic, 40K/AOS and nipshit.
is often up to me try to bring anything new and then get ignored as a new wave of minis is announced.
>>
>>52198778
There is always one of us at each shop. Let me guess, your biggest pet peeve is unpainted armies?
>>
>>52198923
no, some people complain about that.
no my personal nightmare is that no matter how many interesting/new games I bring almost no one seems to care about them.
example. recently I talked to the one wargame communities here about alternatives to 40K/AOS and all the options got discarded by dumb reasons.
Malifux? No Sci-fi
Guild Ball? "isn't that Bloodbowl?" also "no one likes sport games here"
Infinity? got some attention but then it died quickly shortly after people got their new shinny 40K minis from a recent shipment.
and I have a couple more but I don't wanna get more angry than already I'm.
>>
>>52199015
Create a Facebook group for the game in your area. It worked well when I started getting the infinity group going.
>>
>>52199085
I would. maybe once I get a kick-off box I would start to do such a thing.
>>
>>52199119
Actually, I just checked on FB and my area has a good size guild ball group. Check in your area to see if there is a group all ready.
>>
What's a good team for brewers?
>>
>>52198747
Use Kickoff as a starting off point.
>>
>>52200506
Tapper/Hooper/Friday/Scum/Harry/oSpigot are a pretty solid 6 for blindly picking into. I'd prolly go esters/stave/pintpot for the remaining 9
>>
I picked up the kick off today, and I'm so hype to play it a few times, but my wife had class tonight, so it'll have to wait for another day :\

Anything we're gonna fuck up that I should pay attention to?
>>
>>52202928
My biggest issue was finding specific clarification for some rules and scenarios. Sometimes it's obvious, but other times it isn't and there's probably been a question asked for your specific situation. The steamforged forums have actually been really helpful answering some of my questions about certain rulings.
Just have those clarifications handy:

http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/35921-collected-clarifications-thread-check-here-before-posting-new-questions/
>>
I'm up for a game in about 2 hours more. In the mean time don't die on me
>>
>>52206726
I'm back. anyone wants to play?
>>
Oh boy I got my ass handed by the brewers. hehehe. I need to rethink and study how to play alchemists.
>>
Mason's players: How do you use Chisel and Granite? Not necessarily together.

Also how should I expand on Kick off?
>>
>>52211006
Chisel - you don't, Season 3 fucked her
Granite - tbd

I'd get Hammer, Tower, vHarmony, and Wrecker before either of them
>>
>>52211287
Do you use Wrecker with Honour? Assist and countercharge on the gorilla seem useful.
>>
>>52211330
Wrecker is for hammer, if you aren't running Brick.
>>
>>52211515
Alright. Still not totally sure how Hammer wants to play. Is he a self buffing beater or a walking set of team buffs?
>>
File: Chisel.jpg (334KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chisel.jpg
334KB, 450x600px
>>52211287
what's wrong with Chisel? we've only got one masons playe at my FLGS so I haven't seen her much but that may be just because he likes to go Hammer, Wrecker, Flint, vet Harmony, Mallet and Granite all the time.
>>
>>52161317
I'm in!
>Organised on facebook
I'm out!
>>
>>52212533
A lot of it is salt from the nerf to the chissle due to changes to second wind on decimate and changes to honor.
>>
>>52195352
It'd be nice if it didn't have a fucking 4" range too.
>>
WOOHOO, So i just bought into the game. Kick Off, Hammer and Tower.

>>52212533
I know I have only theory crafted with the masons but I really like chisel. She a pretty good defensive winger. I can see her putting some of the Fisherman striker is some pretty bad spots.
>>
>>52213788
Congrats.
if you're looking for some practise you can use vassal. just be sure to announce you.
>>
>>52211287
Chisels ok, but only ok. She's kinda fragile but does at least have 2" melee. She unfortunately tends to lose her slot to other players.
Granite is a 3/5 mv paperweight.
>>
>>52138687
Still waiting on buying the Kick Off! Pack.
Trying to save up some on the side to justify the purchase.
>>
>>52214459
also 1" melee.
>>52212533
she really needed either +1 tac or one smaller playbook. Also more momentum at the topend of her playbook would be nice. Also maybe 4+ def. She's basically inferior to mallet 90% of the time tho.
>>
>>52214940
> comparing mallet and granite again
just stop. play granite. matter of fact here is a list I have been winning with granite

Hammer
Marbles
Granite
Flint
Chisel
V.Harmony

Keep Chisel playing man on the enemy striker, Granite anchors the center with Marbles and Hammer supporting and forcing a scrum around Granite.
Flint and V Harmony are the footballers.
>>
>>52215362
So Chisel is more of a scalpel?
>>
>>52215362
I was comparing mallet and chisel.
but more to the point what striker can granite man coverage? she's 3/5 with 1"melee.
>>
>>52215678
shit never mind, misread that. Chisel can cover guys ok, but so can mallet and he can KD without getting counterattacks for dodges, or triggering unpredictable.
>>
>>52215752
No seriously, I'm sick of people not trying shit and making excuses for things. Either play the list or shut up. So sick of people not playing models and bitching about why those models suck. The official guild ball forums has this same stupid shit happening

>>52215595
Obsoletely. :P
>>
>>52213222

Yeah, kind of the same. That and the games are going to be streamed and I don't do streams.
>>
What is the bruiser in your face team? The one that focuses on strong dudes hitting shit hard and not fancy plays or tricky dodges?
>>
>>52216155
Butchers
>>
So Hag is pretty amazing, but now I'm having a hard time coming up with a Tournament 9. My Butchers T9 was way easier to make!

What are Fish players running these days?
>>
>>52216155
Brewers. very linear.
>>
>>52216310
Shark, Corsair, Salt, Grayscales, Sakana, Siren, Angel, Hag, Avarisse an Greede. What im playing at the moment.
>>
>>52216970
Before Hag I was running;
Shark, Corsair, Salt, Greyscales, Angel, Osiren, Vsiren, Angel, Gutter.

I recently cut Osiren since she's way too resource greedy for me, Jac only performs if he's winging and even then it doesn't work often, I'm sadly considering dropping Angel too and am considering switching Salt for Tentacles since Blind Threat is great.

Really, I would love to find space for Angel since I legit love the model, but space is tight and utility is required.
>>
>>52216115
I think we may have been separated at birth. Streaming can go die the same horrible death as network TV. Watching in a specific narrow window of time that suits the broadcaster? No thanks.
>>
>>52216084
I've played granite, she's shit. Chisel's ok but overshadowed by most everyone else.
>>
>>52217137

Shark - Corsair - mascot of choice - Greyscales - oSiren - vSiren - Hag - Sakana - A&G Or Gutter

is what i'm fond of running. I like oSiren for the few match ups where seduced is really needed. vSiren completely overshadows angel even in shark teams

i run tentacles myself
>>
>>52185777
Love her art, but Fillet's model has a bad case of GW face.
>>
Anyone at GAMA to tell us about what is Steamforged presenting? anything about Farmers? the quality of plastic? at least a couple of names?
>>
>>52202148
Thanks. I'm debating whether to take brewers, butchers, or union as my second guild, masons being my first.
>>
You guys need a general for this?
>>
>>52227699
We have a thread every once in a while. It's not a permanent general, but the interest in the game has been slowly building for a while now.
>>
>>52227699
Fuck off. Does 40k need 12 threads for a dead game?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170317-182648.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170317-182648.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>
File: IMG-20170317-WA0002.jpg (232KB, 515x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170317-WA0002.jpg
232KB, 515x810px
>>
>>52230129
>>52230147
Well there she is. I have no idea what she's supposed to be doing, though. I'm not really sure I understand why she's better to take than Katalyst other than the fact that you could take her and V.Kat. oKat just does everything she does better, though. He spreads burning better, does more damage, is harder to take out, and has some team utility as well. The only thing she beats him on in that role is she can also spread poison, if you're okay with her losing 3 HP per turn which is scary when you're 4+/0 and 14 boxes...

I suppose she's kind of a pseudo-striker? Two attacks, one for a Slip Past and one for her momentous dodge will get her on the other side and past any 1" melee model -- but she can't do shit to 2" melee models.
>>
Where can I find the lore to this game?
>>
>>52231346
I wouldn't worry about it, it's pretty dull and has a bit of an ADHD feel to it, with everything split into elementary-school-essay sized chunks. Unless you're into that, of course, and then it's in the season background docs on Steamforged's resources page.
>>
>>52231346
The lore of the game seems to serve more as a setting for the game than actually trying to tell us more about the Empire of the free cities and their political relations.
>>
>>52231346
main site, under resources there are 2 fluff pdfs
>>
>>52217137
oSiren is one of the best fish models, its range ball retrieval. if your playing shark, you need the ball you loose with out it. also she has lure for corsair, so he dosent need to harpoon and can beat face two more times and lure has better range and she can get better positions.
Angel is 100% for Shark great snapshot model, hard for people to kill. and can tidal surge and pass for an easy first turn snapshot goal that gets around goal keepers. shes a 5/10 kick at defense 6. she is over shadowed by nothing. the push dodge on 2 has saved games for me too.
Play her as a snap shot turret, try for snapshots every activation if you cant get a normal goal.
>>
>>52217137
I dont have much experience with tentacles, but have never thought, dam if only i had blind. for me its a waste of an activation and influence, your playing fish, your not trying to stop goals your trying to score. thats not to say you cant play tentacles he just doesn't do anything for how I play.
>>
Oh god - I haven't even played Season 3 and it's 1/2 over
>>
Do the Midas Burden tokens stack? Can one attack resolve multiple iterations of the tokens?
>>
>>52234214
No, a model can only have one of any type of token on it at a time.
>>
>>52234214
Generally speaking nothing in Guild Ball stacks. But, burden tokens are... basically a new class of things. So I'd lean towards no, but you should probably check the rules forum in case.
>>
>>52234251
"Type" is basically "name", for example you can have a burden and a vengeance token on the same model.
>>
>>52234257
No need for the rules forum, page 16 of the rulebook is pretty clear on tokens.
>>
>>52230349
or you can run both and drain your opponents mp.

Also she can just clear her conditions.
>>
Any good batreps for learning Masons?
>>
>picked up every Brewer's Guild player so far except Esters and VSpigot
>only finished painting Tapper and Scum so far
>work and social life eating up all my available work time

Holy fuck I just want to get them done so I can get ready for Farmer's and start on Union. I figured it would be easy to burn through them since there's so few models per team, but I'm finding myself getting really focused on making them look nice
>>
>>52235258
>social life
Pull the other one, 4chan anon, it's got bells on.
>>
picking a faction is hard.
Union, Masons, Morticians or hunters?
>>
>>52236348
Union
Mort
Masons
Hunters

hunters are just plain sad because they don't have a big win condition unlike the others.
>>
>>52236348
Union is a good first guild sort of. They don't have any one unifying theme exactly but the players are all pretty good so you can generally work something together any way you want. Plus it makes getting into new teams easier because you'll almost always have a 6th player already in your collection.
>>
>>52238225
I'd put Mason's over morts. Mason's have a diverse playstyle. Some people think they aren't very competitive but I disagree.
On the other hand morts seem like you have to jump through hoops for not a whole lot of pay out (bonesaw, b+m's ball game, cosset).
>>
>>52239227
Guess I'll do Union and maybe morts later. Any recommendations for a first 6?
>>
>>52240628
Easiest place to start is the starter box. Blackheart is solid and give a pretty flexible style. Decimate is consistent at damage and momentum generation, also good at getting the ball. Gutter isn't as great as she used to be, but 2" melee is never bad. She works better with vRage but she's not bad.

After that get strong box for a mascot, A+G, and Harry the hat. Strong box provides solid support with shelling out. A+G is a great goal threat as well as crowding out and supporting with KD and singled out. Harry is just bonkers good. 2" melee, tac 7 with crazy, excellent playbook, and character plays that provide good board control.

If you want more beat face style of play I'd still recommend getting the a I've and then adding vRage. If you want o go for more goals mist is a great choice as well.
>>
How do Engineers play?
>>
How's this sound for a butchers start?
Fillet
Shank
Meathook
vOx
vBrisket
Truffles
>>
>>52243887
bamp
>>
>>52239752

you're crazy, Morts are a serious force still. only fucking idiots take bonesaw.

BPM, Graves, Cosset, Ghast, Obulus, Silence, etc are all quality players. Obulus led morticians is way better than masons. Usually goes for a 2-1 or 2-2 victory, but can go for 1-4 against teams that want to football when cosset outright deletes models even without dirge setup

Obulus is still a god of a captain due to puppet master and easy access to mom damage, while being very slippery. his TAC nerf is quite easily reversed with memory
>>
>>52246289
I don't think Ive seen a single morts player in a tournament since s3, and the only one Ive seen in casual is my one friend who started them up to do an egyptian themed team.

And for what its worth I've never had a problem playing masons into morts. Obby is hard to get a hold off but the rest of the team folds like wet tissue paper. I will say that rigor mortis is probably the best legendary in the game for what it can do, but its not enough to save the team at the moment.
>>
>>52243887
Welp. Ordered those. Will prolly get the starter at some point. How fucked am I?
>>
>>52247006
not as bad as you think you've got some good ball handling with V Brisket. Filet and Meathook synergies well because there lesbians and because Fillet's abilities allow Meathook to get some good work in. Vet Ox looks good for some board control, some damage dealing and a fair bit of tankieness.
>>
>>52247006
as dumb as it sounds. you can play basically any list you want. its not so much, This list works for this. Play what you want just play it well and youl do great.
>>
>>52247401
Sweet. I really wanted to run vetOx and I can probably buy the starter when eBay stops it's fund holding. Finally sold out of Malifaux for GB
>>
Almost time for Crucible and an all femme Alchy team
>>
>>52247575
Tenderiser or Boar in addition to that lineup + starter?
>>
>>52249175
Sorry. That lineup+ starter + princess. Can only justify buying one biggun on a college student budget
>>
File: Shark.png (641KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shark.png
641KB, 800x600px
Does anybody have a qualifier coming? What are you doing to prepare?
>>
>>52249175
>>52249197
Boar is a good efficient beat stick but requires a little bit of finesse. You dont want him stuck in combat so he can charge and you want to pick damage on his first and 3rd hits so he can get free attacks. Hes also a little squishy but he will kill things.

Tenderizer is nice in that he helps you against teams that are more goal oriented.
>>
>>52249297
Sounds like I already have a lot of what Boar offers then. I'll start with tendie.
>>
>>52249327
To be fair killing is the main focus of the butchers so most models will kill things.

For unique selling points on boar, he can turn 1 influence into four attacks (generally four momentum as well). Hes also got 2" reach which is always good. He can regen off of damage and concussion, while situational, can win games. Also he can be one of the higher non-captain sources of damage, even by butchers standards.
>>
>>52249725
Fair. I'll definitely get him eventually, but Tendie might be better for the inevitable Alchs/Fishers games
>>
>>52243887
Shanks kinda vanilla right now, but he's not terrible.
Rest are all very solid. Fillet is a greedy captain and shank is mostly just a semi fast 2"melee. He hits for decent damage and is kinda mobile but really needs an assist or tooled up as well as 4 inf (he's 2/3 now). He's easily the most replacable guy in the list IMHO.
>>
Still alive wow.
>>
Just picked up kick off for $35. Store was liquidating guild ball, sadly they didn't have anything i was looking for (Seenah! Chaska and the feral chick) but couldn't beat the price
>>
>>52254574
what store was that? If they have union models, you should pick them up and they are like free agents.
>>
>>52254574
nice
>>
>>52246490

Check black orifice guildball tournament rankings. Filter for season 3 ( i do end of november to current date)

Morts are sitting at the fourth highest win rate of any team. they have less games than most teams but the number isnt a signfiicant amount, ie - engis have 305 recorded games, morts have 292.

Mort win rate is 49%, which is a lot better than Butchers and engis (46% a piece), masons (43%), brewers (41%) and hunters (38%)

Morts are still out there achieving good results. the alch win rate is just absurd though
>>
>>52258990
too be fair, I'd branch out too if my list of obulus/silence/union got removed as well. BPM does a lot to help Morts tho.
>>
man, I've got a problem. I went from wanted to start the game to getting Kick Off, Hammer, Tower, Granite, Veteran Harmony and over half the Union team.... at least I only paid $115 or real money
>>
>>52262648
>at least I only paid $115 on real money
and that's a bad thing because...?
>>
>>52263327
because fuck if I can't control myself. thank good I don't ever want to play 40k or warmahordes.
>>
A local store has the hunters box priced the same as all the other starter kits. I kinda want to buy it just because even though I've already got them.
>>
>>52263844
that's whay I was saying. good thing you play GB otherwise I would feel really sad for you.
>>
>>52246289
>Only idiots take bonesaw
Whackity smackity do, how retarded are you? Bonesaw is the most accurate striker in the game. A T1 goal is super easy with him, and you can position players with Obulous to force them off the pitch
>>
Any recommendations for battle reports?
>>
>>52264937
The problem with that is he needs to spend 1 of his 4 inf to be able to reroll a kick. Thats great if hes sitting near the enemy goal and doesn't have to worry about how he gets there but his only native way of increasing his movement is with his football dervish. Unlike WTG or even acrobatics you have to make not one but two kicks in order to get the benefit out of that and you don't get any mp for it either (to be fair you don't lose any either). With kicking the more you roll the bigger chance you have of fucking up. Ive seen way to many failed 5 dice goals. Without his dervish ability hes only got a 16" threat which is pretty pitiful for a striker.
>>
One month until Farmer's Guild. What do you think might be down the pipe after? I'm thinking more Solthecian Union members to maybe build a full Solthecian team. As for a full guild I'm hoping for the Seamstress' Guild
>>
>>52267824
Holding out for Courtesan's Guild
>>
>>52260448

BPM feels like one of the only good releases of the new models. a lot of them are a resounding meh. The Hag, BPM are both stand outs among the new players.

Morts are really going to benefit from BPM, hes in literally every team i draft.
>>
>>52264937

Yeah, he can kick accurately. But that's literally all he can do. Dervish is a terrible gimmick that fumbles the ball too often to be comfortable. his threat range is very short (9") meaning hes rather predictable when he doesn't have the ball.

Mist is the mortician's real striker if you just want a pure striker. high threat, dodge with literally 0% of failure instead of gambling on a dervish.
>>
>>52265786
this guy is good for short vids if you like that

https://youtu.be/ak2tDN3S4T4
>>
>>52269793
>literally 0% of failure
The number of times I've missed an 4 dice tap in with him is alarming, but ya still better than bonesaw.
>>
>>52269774
That wave of hag/vOx/BPM were all solid. vOx is probably the weakest of those 3.
>>
>>52271462
Don't forget Granite! Talk about giving a top team a stellar model.
>>
>>52272096
Masons were so good in S2. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>52272780
hammer is still insane, they just arnt well represented at the moment. it doesn't make them bad. pintpot is also really good, season 3 has been great for interesting players. crucible is the first one iv had my doubts about but shes still interesting.
>>
>>52272780
They're just pushed into playing ball too hard, so they have pretty much 1 build. Also honor/harmony/marbles/brick interdependency. Also they don't get Harry.
>>
>>52276725
Is Harry that key? What makes him so good?

Also, how has season 3 changed the focus to football? What changed?
>>
>>52277588
He's a 2" melee, with momentous push/doublepush/KD on 1/2/3 hits. Can have 7 TAC, give 2 momentum for getting hit each turn, and makes teamplays cheaper in 4" bubble around him. also 2/4 inf and a 1 inf molotov toss. He's pretty much the most ridiculous piece available to any team that can take him, of which butchers are the weakest.
>>
>>52270427

i'm sorry i worded that poorly. i meant mist's 2" dodge and his bonus movement both have a 0% to fail. Hes definitely constrained by odds of 4 dice shots with bonus time
>>
Is Boiler worth using without Princess?
>>
>>52278748
He's ok, but theres a bunch of other guys I'd take before him, but against more armor filled teams I could see the worth.
>>
my waifus are released this weeeeeeeeeeeek

Who to hot glue first?
>>
>>52279353
crucible, least likely to see table time
>>
>>52279418
Eh, she could have synergy with Venin and VKat. But she is also my Waifu so I'm biased
>>
>>52279655
I think she's pretty cute, but I think she doesn't slot into the team well enough.
>>
File: grave digger.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
grave digger.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>52279353
>>52279418
>>52279655

I like crucibles design. and had I not gone full spook I might have been tempted to look into the alchemists a bit harder.

But damn it man I want a cute female grave digger waifu for my morts!!! she could even have a bit of a dirt smudge on her cheek and fight with a shovel. Not sure what she would do, her being a striker seems like an obuios choice and more ball handling options are good but with the release of B&M I feel as if the team needs a murder piece to counterbalance the ballhandleing aspect of the team so maybe as a winger or an attacking mid-fielder.

>inb4 that's what casket is.
>>
I'm curious to see what the reasoning is behind making Grace and Benediction players for the Union rather than making a dedicated Clergyman's Guild of some kind. It's going to feel weird playing basically two samurai priests alongside a bunch of cutthroats and criminals. Kind of hoping they either make it a full Guild later or add enough members and a mascot to make it a full subteam within the Union
>>
>>52280459
This.

Especially after the cluster fuck of the butcher civil war, I feel like this is just complete garbage. The Union goes though four iterations and three captains, one of which is the butcher reward for storyline shenanigans and it's all just wrapped around what would otherwise be a cool concept for a new team (but instead we get farmers).

Is the head of development suffering from some kind of brain damage?
>>
Are the hunters getting a new box?
>>
>>52280842
They're getting basically an expansion box with a new captain(Skatha), new mascot (Snow), new player (Ulfr) and new veteran player (VHearne). It's supposed to come out I think next month or maybe may and will apparently still be in metal instead of the new plastic.
>>
>>52280637
>instead we get farmers

nigga, the Farmer's Guild looks fucking awesome. If the price is right I'll definitely pick up their starter box. The plastic models look better than I was expecting thank god. Still I wish they would make a Guild for the Solthecian/church faction and not just lump the in with a group that accepts people like Avarisse, Greede and Rage
>>
>>52280870
any idea how the new models will play?
>>
>>52280842
moving forward the plan is to expand with boxes rather than blisters, at least for newer teams.
>>
>>52280905
See, the farmers don't bother me. Farmers while shitting up the church is awful.
>>
>>52281097
I don't know if Leakanon is still around, but he spoiled some minor stuff about them. The only thing I remember off hand is that Ulfr is going to be a Striker and Snow is going to be more of a support mascot than Fahad
>>
>>52280637

i'm 100% sure the results of the butcher civil war wouldn't have changed anything. No matter what the reward would be vOx for butchers and sBrisket for union.

it was just a cheesy way to make people think there was an impact, but no doubt steamforged wrote it both ways to justify the same result
>>
>>52283204
Considering how Fillet was winning all the way until the last week when Brisket finally pulled through they may even have fixed the ballot too.
>>
>>52283256
Fucking classy
>>
>>52282746
Any chance of the box elevating the hunters to playable tier, or will it be more of the same? It's disheartening to be playing a faction with a win rate in the 30% range
>>
>>52283822
I mean if all four players in it are balls to the wall amazing then sure. At that point all they'd need is to add one more player (Jaecar) and a union player (Minx or A&G) and they'll be set.

Really their problem is that they don't have a true path to 12 other than six takeouts. They can't engineer a goal to save their lives. They struggle with recovering the ball, they struggle with moving it around, they struggle with keeping it, and they struggle with actually doing a proper scoring drive (though A&G helps with all of those but want more support than the Hunters can give them). The new box is supposed to be all about the Hunter's scoring game, though, so hopefully some (or all) of this will change.
>>
>>52283256
too be fair they also opened it up to nonbutchers as well, and with fillet being the best thing in the UK of course everyone else voted her down.

>>52283822
getting a reasonably striker or 2 and a 2nd captain will go a long way
>>
>>52214478
Do you have any friends to split it with? 35 a piece to get started seems like a deal
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490100292652.jpg (40KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490100292652.jpg
40KB, 539x960px
Vet hearne
>>
>>52287658

if his KD or T were 1 column lower and his >> was on 2, i'd call him a great release. the only thing holding me back is the >> being on 3 and not 2, as pedantic as that sounds.

However synergy with the other players might make him great
>>
>>52287658
Could someone write this up for an old man with bad eyes?
>>
>>52287658
So Hunters have a new worst model. As does the game, really.

Seriously that's fucking garbage. What were they even thinking? He literally can't do anything. He can't do damage, he can't play ball, he can't support, he's slow as shit, and he can't hold enough influence to even try to make any crazy teleport play happen.

Worst model in the game right there.
>>
>>52287658
Wasn't expecting that to get spoiled so soon. Looks interesting. I'm not super familiar with the Hunter's Guild since no one around here plays them, but last light looks like it could be interesting if you've got the momentum to back it up.
>>
>>52287940
Eh I'd be pretty happy with a momentous KD on 2 honestly. Its the rest of him thats kinda underwhelming. He's got striker speed with rough ground tho, too bad about the 2/3 and no INF efficiency.
>>
Could anybody make out anything on Windle's stats? I didn't get a screenshot but it was blurry as fuck
>>
>>52290570
Windle, Indolent Slacker
3/5 MOV, 5 TAC, 2/6" KICK, 2+ DEF, 0 ARM, 0/2 INF, blurry melee zone could be either, 28 HP with his sponge at 14

Playbook, momentous results in (parentheses)
1: 1
2: GB, >
3: KD, (2)
4: T, >>
5: 3, (GB)
6: (3)

Character Plays

Snack Break, CST: 1 / GB, Range: Self, OPT
This model recovers <4> HP. The next time this model inflicts the taken out condition the friendly team gains an additional <1> VP.

Character Traits

Berserk
- See Rage/Boar

Big Breakfast
- Once per turn during this model's activation, the Controlling Player may choose a friendly harvest-marker within <2"> of this model and remove it from the pitch. If a friendly harvest-marker is removed, this model gains <1> Influence and <+2> TAC for the remainder of this turn.

Stop Slacking! <4" Aura>
- When another friendly model ends an Advance within this aura, if this model is not suffering the knocked-down condition, this model may make a <1"> dodge.

Hale and Hearty <15>
- If this model is above the specified HP playbook results that inflict damage that hit this model do not generate MP.
So basically he's a gigantic sack of health that is slightly resistant to momentum farming, is slow as shit but gets lots of small dodges, and can attack 6 times in one turn if set up properly at 7 TAC per swing but his playbook is moderately shit. Having access to a VP generating ability is great though, as we've repeatedly seen in S3.
>>
>>52290664
Looks pretty good. I was bummed on the influence stat but he has a bunch of ways to work around it. The Farmer's Guild looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Lots of cool abilities going on with them. I really want to see what Peck is going to do
>>
So when building a T9 for the Butchers, is it better to focus on one captain or two?

The fish seem to be a two captain 1 mascot set but I'm curious if the Butchers are similar.
>>
Impressive. you almost finish the thread by your own.
maybe there's a future for Guild ball here in /tg/
>>
>>52287658
What does his second character play say? Seems like something along the lines of blessing of the sun father but I can't make it out.
>>
>>52296405
costs 0, target model can make a character play using momentum instead of inf
>>
>>52296910
That seems really awful. Why would I blow 1-2 precious momentum? Someone in the forums pointed out that Chaska with this and blessing of the sun father can, at the cost of effectively three momentum total, can shotgun 3-4 times. But really?!

Has /gbg/ come up with a use?
>>
>>52295633
Hopefully, I like the slower generals, it keeps the conversation going steady and it gives time for people to reply properly.

I have a general question, I am looking into a second team but I am kind at odds on whether I should go Fisherman or alchemist. I currently play Union so I can easily branch to either but what are the pros and cons of the fish and alchs?
>>
>>52297054
i mean that it is 16 damage and lets you break up a scrum pretty well. And if he has sun strike you're recouping one of those momentum back but ya not the most efficient
>>
>>52297963
Fish
pros:
Fast
great at playing ball
2" reach out the wazoo
lots of dodges and pushes
Both captains offer different play styles that are comp viable.

Cons:
No real damage so its just ball playing
fairly squishy
pretty low momentum generation

Alchs
Pros:
Diverse team
Good at playing ball
can also do attrition
has access to harry
vKata
lots of fun janky abilities

cons:
also pretty squishy
also has problems with momentum
Smoke
>>
>>52298838
hmm, both of them have some pretty good cons. I'll have to do some more reading on each to see which team I like more.

> smoke
you mean like the character? what is so bad about her that she gets a special mention as a con?
>>
>>52298933
To be honest its more of a personal quip. I just don't like her. Shes fine in terms of offering a different play style, but shes not very viable from a competitive sense. She also has a few down sides to how her kit works. Like how her momentous inspiration is a bit of a trap. The other big problem she had was that the enemy could spend 1-2 momentum to negate most of her damage. This might be eased by Crucible but I'm not terribly impressed by her either.

She might be worth a shot for you but to me shes not very interesting, and having one of your two captains being a dud can be pretty annoying.
>>
>>52280870
so does this mean the farmers are going to be a six man team of plastic? with a plastic expansion box?
>>
>>52299080
Cry to the Hunters
>>
>>52138687
Hey, so after taking a look through the guild ball range, I saw a rather nice looking miniature under the name of Siren, and fits for a conversion I've been meaning to do. However, I can't seem to find the Siren miniature I want outside of the Starter box. Do I just have to go whole hog, just to get the one miniature I want?
>>
>>52300198
Unfortunately the starter box minis are no longer sold separately. They used to be, but are no longer -- SKU creep being the cited issue.

That said, if you're at all interested in getting into the game you really can't do worse than starting with the Fish.
>>
>>52300301
Im marginally interested, but the problem is that I am getting the character for a WHFB conversion, which requires square bases.
>>
>>52300326
If you do play the game there's also a Veteran Siren figure whom you could realistically substitute her with after using your original Siren in your WHFB conversion. Technically that wouldn't fly at a tournament but I have a friend who does the same with his Veteran Harmony simply because he hates the regular Harmony sculpt. Just ask your opponent before starting if they're OK with it.
>>
>>52300379
Eh, nobody in my whole area seems to play this game, so I doubt any one would mind me proxying in a character like her, because if they refused to play me, they might be refusing to play the only other person within a 100 mile radius. Although, are the three starter kit figs critical to the game or something? I couldn't I just swap them out?
>>
>>52300479
Oh, yeah, you could just swap them out. It's just that Siren, and Veteran Siren, are really good. Actually the same can be said about almost every Fisherman model, to be fair.
>>
>>52292614
Captain Ox is dead in the water for competitive season 3. One of the STW guys has some posts on it in the butchers forum.

Just build around Fillet and make her team more flexible
>>
>>52300054
I believe that's been the rumor. Going forward they're going to be doing models in plastic and doing a whole playable team, like the Hunter's Guild, and then the other players in an expansion. I guess that's a better idea than doing it piecemeal.

They might be doing other smaller packs too like the Grace and Benidiction pack for the Union
>>
>>52300734
Yea fillet opens your game up and vOx is better there than ox leading the team. Its reasonable to go double mascot however, and then the choice of either minx or harry. Tenderiser is also good as a threat in the 9, though doesn't always make it in. Finally theres whether to run just one of the Briskets or both.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.