[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 47

File: skeletor from age of sigmar.jpg (174KB, 736x996px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor from age of sigmar.jpg
174KB, 736x996px
Death > your alliance

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old thread:
>>52105711
>>
PRAISE LORD NAGASH SUPREME LEADER OF UNDEATH.
Also the poor cunts that get all the needs and no releases
>>
MORE DEATH RELEASES WHEN?
>>
File: 247 - VepCgrU.jpg (125KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
247 - VepCgrU.jpg
125KB, 433x480px
>Elves in Age of Sigmar
>>
What were the most popular factions in WHFB?
>>
>>52135938
Vampire Cunts, High/Dark Elves, Chaos Warriors, Skaven, Lizardmen and Empire.
>>
>>52135520
Tell me/us about your dudes in AoS!
>>
File: 1488849507153.jpg (121KB, 1447x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488849507153.jpg
121KB, 1447x2048px
>>52135766
>Horses in age of sigmar
>>
>>52136460
Haven't given it too much thought. But as far as i've come is that my Scourge privateers are a raiding fleet, who are led by a cruel and eccentric captain with a taste for theatrics (Mainly to give me a reason to use Lokhir's old model)
>>
>>52136572
Kinda like a gay sea hitler?
>>
Out of curiosity, how many months were there between the last release for End Times and the reveal of AoS?
>>
NEW DARK ELF MODELS

W H E N ?
>>
>>52136805
This
>>
>>52136554
>Sigmar in Age of Sigmar
>>
File: changette 3.jpg (170KB, 550x1003px) Image search: [Google]
changette 3.jpg
170KB, 550x1003px
How's this looking for a changette going to run her as a Herald of Tzeentch on Disc? Wanted to go for a less scantly-clad barbarian furryslut look than normal and I think that worked out fairly well.
Rose in her hair is going to be replaced by a tiny mark of Tzeentch.
Might sculpt some bird claws in place of the boots and I'm not sure if I should lose the ruffled collar or add ruffles elsewhere on the mini.
>>
>>52136643
Yeah i suppose that's apt. I blame elves and their mannerisms!
>>
File: Ogroid Thaumaturge.jpg (50KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Ogroid Thaumaturge.jpg
50KB, 600x620px
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General

20 x Gors (160)
- Gor Blade & Beastshield

20 x Gors (160)

20 x Gors (160)

20 x Gors (160)

3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axe

3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axe

3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Warplaced Armour & Doomflayer Gauntlets

Cygor (200)

Hell Pit Abomination (300)

Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Doomwheel (140)

Total: 2460/2500

Rate please.
>>
>>52137161
>2500 points
>>
>>52137180
What's wrong with 2500?
>>
Rate my tournament list

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Stardrake (600)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Shielded by Faith - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Stardrake Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Divine Light

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Judicators (160)

Units
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
2 x Concussors (280)

Total: 1980/2000

The plan is to put all castellant buffs on the stardrake to give him +3 save and healing 3 wounds every time he rolls a 4+ to save. Mirrorshield and Relictor prayer help ensure stardrake survives focus fire. Even with Rend-3 the Stardrake still has a 3+ save that rerolls 1s.

Stardrake tries to engage the entire enemy army while virtually immune to regular combat damage. The concussors flank and raptors shoot key targets like buff heroes and wizards or anything that can deal mortal wounds to the stardrake.

I'm thinking a 4th Castellant might be the way to go instead of the Relictor.
>>
Why are darkelves in grand alliance Order?
>>
>>52137244
Unless your local store plays that point value alot, you wont see many games. 1000 or 2000 for those strictly using the book since those are what tournaments use. If you do find a 2500 game, its cause some tourney decided they wanted a 4 hr match per round.
>>
>>52137405
Oh okay.
>>
>>52137382
Congrats you've made a no fun list. He is still capable to getting mortal wound sniped. Skyre would remove him pretty handily with 6 stormfiends. Tzeentch could throw enough spells at him just to hurt him enough, and skyfyres could also lay some hurt into him.
Order wise, a hurricannum can do some damage to him.
Destruction wise, i think it won't die to him, unless you fight some spiderfang grots with momma spider who could get a 4+ do d6 mortal wounds.
Death... just trying to kill everything would be annoying enough. Again it's a bodies thing. A horde of zombies could attempt to tie up the stardrake for a long time.
>>
File: 1487961985607.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487961985607.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Is khorne or tzeentch better in AoS?

What about undivided?

Pic untelated
>>
>>52137451
Trust me, I feel ya though. I own roughly 3k points of destruction and I will never get to field it outside of a few games, and the only opponents that I know who can field that might, are sylvaneth players who are my worst match up due to their ability to modify saves and not awful range or melee.
>>
>>52137161

Why blades and shields?
>>
>>52137388
>Not Chaos
>Alive
>Actually build civilisations instead of rampaging around destroying shit.

Ordered doesn't mean nice.
>>
>>52137487
I want them for tarpitting, so shields make them a bit tougher.
>>
>>52135698
im onboard with that.
>>
File: rumourengine.jpg (677KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
rumourengine.jpg
677KB, 2550x3300px
Ok guys, I will be keeping this updated as they come along. Is there anything you can think of that I missed?

These are specifically the rumour engine teasers
>>
>>52137475
Tzeentch.
>>
>>52137531

Are chaos warriors, knights, etc. decent as tzeentch? I bought the Getting Started box set
>>
>>52137543
They can take the tzeentch keyword and become tzeentch, providing synergy with that stuff in the disciples of tzeentch book
>>
>>52137543
Tzeentch is stronger with its unique units, with the Slaves to Darkness stuff the playing field is a lot more even.
>>
>>52137581

Can't I just take both? Or should I take Tzeentch unique stuff for some formation?
>>
>reddit rats
>>
>>52137615
Stop bullying Skaven.
>>
>>52137581

Do chaos warriors with the Tzeentch keyword count as having Allegiance to Tzeentch?
>>
>>52137961
They can take it, yes.

They obviously can't take Tzeentch and Slaves to Darkness allegiance, though.
>>
I don't get this allegiance thing.

Can anyone explain?
>>
>>52138070
When armybuilding, you get to take one Allegiance that corresponds to the build of your army.

Say I have an army of Bonesplittas. I can choose to either have them take Bonsplitta allegiance, or have them take Destruction allegiance. This gives them a selection of special abilities and items corresponding to their Allegiance.
>>
>>52138070
It's easy. Let's say you want to build a nice mixed chaos army. You can use both skaven and slaves to darkness in one list because they all have chaos keyword. On the other hand you can't run stormcast + ironjawz army because first have order keyword and orruks have destruction keyword instead
>>
>>52137079
What parts did you use for that? looks neat
>>
>>52138070
Makes way more sense when you start looking at how stuff works in AoS using the keyword system.
>>
>>52138135
>>52138141
Alright.

I want to start an FEC army and use Death Allegiance stuff for CTs and Artefacts.
Is my army now marked as Death and I can't use any FEC abilites anymore?
>>
>>52138440
FEC can use both, but Death can't use FEC stuff.
>>
File: 1486319757697.png (96KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
1486319757697.png
96KB, 497x497px
>>52137615
>my hobby shop's skaven player goes to reddit rather than 4chan
this maymay checks out.
>>
File: Nef+Ark.jpg (995KB, 1995x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Nef+Ark.jpg
995KB, 1995x2000px
>>52135520
Can love bloom even in Death?
>>
>>52135938
>>52136078
Depends on the edition. Wood Elves were everywhere when they got their 6th edition Army Book. Then in 7th edition there was a time of Daemons of Chaos, then Vampire Counts and Dark Elves got their OP books. Also Ogre Kingdoms became pretty popular. Also Dwarfs were always popular because they were Dwarfs. But you might be right about the most popular one at the end of 8th edition.
>>
>>52138440
If you use only FEC units you can use both death and FEC
>>
>>52137530
I'd said that those unknown pictures are Death and Duardin.
>>
>>52138852
I'm sure, I am just only putting up there what's been confirmed on release. I'm not doing assumptions or rumors.
>>
>>52136805
Never probably, and I say this as an elf fag. Pretty sure they're all going to be progressively phased out in favor of Sylvaneth-equivalents.

I don't think the old elf armies will actively be shunned, but I don't see them getting any notable support.

That said, I won't say it's impossible. Normal elves have had some minor spotlight, such as the characters in Warhammer Quest and the Scourge Privateers making an appearance in City of Secrets. Plus, Bonesplitterz got their own battletome.

If they do release battletomes for the OG elves, they'll probably have to recombine and redesign some of their rules, since the synergy and unit count for most of them are absolute shit. Probably bring back the high/dark/wood elf umbrellas with new names, such as the initial compendium categories of highborne/exiles/wanderers.
>>
>>52138230
Head, body, upper arms, and right hand are from the Coven Throne.
Forearms and staff are from Witch Aelves.
Legs and magical swirls from the IoB/SoD Aelf Archmage.
Sword from Chaos Sorcerer Lord.
Wings and tail not in pic, but will be coming out from under the dress to connect with swirls and hide where I had to cut the swirls from the aelf's cape from Kairic Acolyte's Vulcharc.
>>
>>52137530
first one is Custodes vent form Burning of Prospero
no idea about spear
gate looks like a token for board game
coil/engine thing looks orky (40k)
tombstone mite be either scenic base, token for board game or it could be part of big undead abomination
next thing looks like back of blood bowl player
bloodthirster vs no freakin idea, it's supoosed to be lookin in each-other faces, but it could be only shield/weapon/scenery
last one could be either part of board for another warhammer quest or blood bowl pitch
>>
File: Currentmodel.jpg (226KB, 1036x986px) Image search: [Google]
Currentmodel.jpg
226KB, 1036x986px
Reposting because not wanting to show off, but just coming to the conclusion of feedback from last thread and wanna make sure I've got the list right on things I need to improve on for the next mini.

>Lighten up on wash, so that it looks more natural
>Be cleaner and use thinner layers of paint
>Don't let wash bunch up on shield and shoulders because it looks too messy
>Lighten up on wash on weapon in particular, as it looks too messy
>Be cleaner on highlighting scale armor
>Be cleaner on gems

Any other things I missed? I'm genuinely trying to make sure I improve with each one. This guy will obviously be in the back regiments lol.
>>
Warshrine + Tzeentch Warrior blob actually any good?
>>
File: nope.jpg (43KB, 270x288px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
43KB, 270x288px
>>52139196
>first one is Custodes vent form Burning of Prospero
nope. pic related

And nothing else has been confirmed. We have yet to see the releases for the unlabeled teaser images.
>>
>>52139196
>first one is Custodes vent form Burning of Prospero
im pretty sure the custodes were already released before they started the rumour engine teasers. and it clearly has a dwarf ancestors symbol on the original image, that one has been cropped for some reason
>no idea about spear
the spear and the coil thingy definitely look related
>gate looks like a token for board game
or a vehicle or piece of terrain. i don't understand why you think it's a board piece
>coil/engine thing looks orky (40k)
too clean. its either 40k or rumored dwarfs
>tombstone mite be either scenic base, token for board game or it could be part of big undead abomination
probably. im guessing stuff for undead in bloodbowl
>next thing looks like back of blood bowl player
i can see that, but not sure which right now
>bloodthirster vs no freakin idea, it's supoosed to be lookin in each-other faces, but it could be only shield/weapon/scenery
its been discussed a lot and pretty majorly agreed to be related to the first one because there is a ancestral dwarf symbol on it
>last one could be either part of board for another warhammer quest or blood bowl pitch
if they are doing an undead team for BB, i could see it being part of the pitch
>>
>>52139196
> or blood bowl pitch
I hadn't even thought about that, I bloody hope not. It'd be nice for AoS to get some real acknowledgement, we've got some nice new releases but it feels like we've really been on the backburner
>>
>>52139768
desu I'm not seeing anything dwarf-related in any parts you mentioned there. Those vents and that thaing that is fighting bloodthirster is not even close to models form dwarf range (like gyrocopters)
>inb4 another (3rd or 4th including fyreslyers) subfaction of dwarfs with whole new line of models
I would not put my hope in something like that
>>
>>52139294
Yeah sounds about right. The level of wash you've done on the armor is a good shade wash if you do another layer or so of metal over it,leaving most of it in the recesses. Though I'd recommend a darker wash if you'd go that route. Keep at it though!
>>
File: RumourEngineArt1.jpg (299KB, 1674x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineArt1.jpg
299KB, 1674x1080px
>>52139960
Except those are obviously dwarf symbols found on a lot of the current range
>>
>>52137382

General extremis armor skew list tips

You'll find objectives a little difficult with such small model count

Dracothian guard are the real heroes of extremis, the star Drake is awesome but he's a distraction carnifex + artillery combo who can eat sergeants

The issue is that he doesn't really clear units, you need fulminators or more cuncussors to do that. The real issue with your list is that two cuncussors + 2 units of raptors won't kill enough.

You've got the tarpit, but not enough of a hammer.
>>
What do you think of my proxy greatsword idea for hinterlands /tg/ ? Needs a bit more work to make it less obviously a SoS but I'm happy with what some perry arms and heads can do.
>>
>>52140139
>go on facebook
>see this
>come into this thread
>see this
it looks good mayne, maybe a little hair-crest or candles on the head/shoulder to aos28ify it a bit more.
>>
>>52140139
the SoS kit is awesome, and she doesnt look too much like an sos. i think you converted it well
>>
>>52136460
My stuff
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing

Since I post it so often, I wonder if I should be a namefag?
>>
I am a fan of AOS and WHFB.

Would you want to see GW throw WHFB folks a bone.

How would you want it to be done? Not gameplay wise but just lore wise?

My idea: Have random pocket dimensions of old world shit that in the explosion of the old world shattered off and froze separated from time/space only to be accessed by realm gates.

Maybe do a boardgame about exploring and salvaging shit from them.
>>
>>52137469
Shielded by Faith gives the drake a 5+ ignore MW.

With a 5+ save against mortal wounds and good healing output it's not very likely to do 16 wounds to the drake in a single turn.

Stormfiends are a problem but the stardrake can easily outmaneuver them, even with Sayl buffing them, until the raptors can wear them down and get them low enough for the stardrake to finish them off.
>>
>>52140204
>Would you want to see GW throw WHFB folks a bone.
They did. It's called total war: warhammer
>>
>>52139984
So you mean I should go over it again with another layer of retributor armor and avoid the recesses where the wash is?
>>
New to the game and here's my first attempt at writing a list, it's essentially based on what what models I thought looked nice, is it workable or in need of some serious revisions?

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Spirit of Durthu (400)
- General
- Trait: Warsinger - Sylvaneth
- Artefact: Briarsheath
Treelord Ancient (300)
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages
- Deepwood Spell: Treesong
Branchwych (100)
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth

Battleline
20 x Dryads (240)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Scythes
- Scythes
- Greatbows
- Greatbows

Battalions
Free Spirits (40)

Scenery
Sylvaneth Wyldwood - Sylvaneth Allegiance (0)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>52140204

I think a Battles in the Old World supplement would be pretty good but lore wise I would be fine with a gate being found to another version of the old world.

Parallel worlds in WHFB are a long tradition anyway, with planescape going on in AoS it doesn't seem like a stretch at all.

>>52140232

Hey I'm that extremis player that gave some tips earlier: skaven are absolutely capable of melting your celestant with mortal wounds but you've got the tools to stop them before they ever get the chance (star drake meteors, raptors, judicator primes)

The stardrakes fun, I love him, but he's the party tank not the dps. Let your opponent think he's the big fucking deal when in reality it's your dracothian guard
>>
>>52140172
Candle, good call.
I was thinking of shaving some of the details off the tabard and replacing it with the twin tailed comet talisman from the flagellants kit, But I'm not sure how sigmary i want her to be yet.Need to mess around abit.

I like to spread myself around...Like herpes.
>>
>>52140204
There are little bits of the old world here and there. Mordheim apparently just warps in and out of the realms in different places, The flesh eater courts believe that they're bretonnians, And kislev is in the realm of beasts being rules by an ice queen.
>>
>>52140338

Don't forget that the entirety of east Asia including the land of qin, ind and nihon exists in the realm of fire
>>
>>52140338
Where can I read more about this?
>>
>>52140235
Yeah. It's a bit harder with the large ammount of flat areas on it, But it think it's a good idea. THough i'd recommend a brown was for the next one, like reikland fleshshade or Agrax earthsahde. But give it a try. Can't hurt!
For highlighting i'd recomment something like Liberator armor and stormhost silver, but that's something we can discuss later.
>>
>>52140367
It's all spread around the campaign books and novels. I barely read them but I do get told them by customers and by other staff who do read all the new releases. I'm pretty sure alot of it is in godbeasts or the novels accompanying it.
>>
>>52140369
Currently, as is, it's got a wash of Biel-Tan green, then on the metal areas, highlights of Auric Armor and finally Liberator. Then I put a glaze of Waywatcher green on the whole thing to make it a bit of a brighter tint. The goal is to make the thing have that greenish tint. If I do the Agrax Earthshade/Reikland fleshshade, would I still be able to make the thing green overall?
>>
>>52140355
Did not know this. cool.

(And then the fire nation attacked..And got raped by chaos.)
>>
>>52140420
No using reikland or any other brown was if your goal is to give it a green tint is probably not going to work.
If you do a waywatcher green tint over the whole armor, i'd recommend thinning it, like 50/50 but maybe even something like 75/25 with lhamean medium as the primary thinning agent (Or glaze medium, or whatever medium-like you can get your hand on) Because currently it's a bit too thick and covers your highlight work, which sounds to me to be proper.
>>
>>52137382

Here's my take on your intention with your list

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Stardrake (600)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Shielded by Faith - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
2 x Fulminators (240)
4 x Concussors (560)

Total: 1960/2000

You really don't need 4 castellants, 2 is fantastic and more than sufficient. 6 dracothians will fucking decimate whatever they hit and that list is surprisingly shooty
>>
>>52133859
>Worded that they stack, I think from memory one is for wounds the other is for slain?

>Deathless Minions: "Roll a dice for each WOUND OR MORTAL WOUND inflicted on a Death unit from your army that is within 10" of your general or another Hero in your army."
>Wight King's Infernal Standard: "Roll a dice each time a Death model from your army is SLAIN within 9" of an Infernal Standard."

Oh yeah, that seems to be the case. So, Deathless Minions is basically a second Save, whereas the Infernal Standard is more like the Necrons' old Resurrection Protocols special rule. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52140469
Gotcha, so keep doing what I'm doing but thin the waywatcher green to those amounts and I should be good?
>>
>>52140485
I think you need at least 3 castellants because Rend reduces your save roll, which counteracts the bonus to the save roll, which means rolling a 7+ is harder to do

If the enemy has Rend-1 you only heal on a roll of 6, and with Rend-2 it's impossible to heal in combat
>>
>>52140204
Partly this >>52140234 which is a great adaptation of WHFB.

But I also like this >>52140309
>I think a Battles in the Old World supplement would be pretty good but lore wise I would be fine with a gate being found to another version of the old world.
Especially since I don't think full-on planets have been dismissed as existing in the Mortal Realms.

>>52140338
>And kislev is in the realm of beasts being rules by an ice queen.
Wait, what? That sounds awesome. I need more on this, or at least a source.
>>
Anyone has that image of two lizardmen/seraphon trying to get laid with a human girl and going
>It's ok we're angels now
>>
>We promised 2017 was going to be an awesome year for both Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar and we meant it.

>Over the next few weeks, the Warhammer Community team will be attending several events around the world, and we’ll be showing off some of the incredible new releases coming in the next few months, as well as a few projects the studios have been working on.

HYPE
>>
>>52140532
I must admit that i've never tried tinting, but i think it might help, since at the moment I think it's a bit too powerful.

If it doesn't work out you're more than welcome to blame me, though!
>>
>>52140572
or rather; never tried tinting metals.
>>
>>52140543

I see what you're getting at, but remember they FAQ'd it so that the castellants buff only heals wounds you've already taken (you heal all your 7+'s and then take all your wounds, in that order)

On the other hand the real benefit of castellants is that they're a GUARANTEED and unbind-proof arcane shield caddy that also stacks plus comes on a beefy hero for the same cost as most wizards.

A star Drake with a 1+ save rerolling 1's will be essentially immune to shooting and can tank -2 rend very easily.
>>
>>52140570
Come on Duardin, I want some cool steampunk shit.
>>
>>52138709
What are even those things and stickmen under nef and ark?
>>
File: 701px-Settra_Rules.jpg (102KB, 701x899px) Image search: [Google]
701px-Settra_Rules.jpg
102KB, 701x899px
>>52135520
Soon
>>
Doing a Tzeentch allegiance army, are Chosen or Knights better for Tzeem?
>>
>>52141158
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of chaos knights in general. I feel they need a lord on demonic mount to really work.

Tzeentch has enough options without them. But they wont be any worse in Tzeentch if you run them with a demonic mounted lord, than if they were in Slaves to darkness, they'll just be competing with better units.
>>
>>52140984
Soon indeed.
>>
>>52141158
I bought some for my tzeentch army because they look great and are a somewhat mobile tar pit.
>>
File: 1485234718733.jpg (651KB, 827x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1485234718733.jpg
651KB, 827x1184px
What are people thoughts on 500 point games? I have found the game to scale really bloody well but i always prefer smaller games. I want something between hinterlands and full 1500 that I can play some light fluffy battles with but haven't tried 500 yet.
>>
>>52141664
Have you tried 1000 point games?
>>
>>52141783
Yeah, This isn't about me asking for the best size, I just wanna know if anyone has had any issues with running games at 500.
>>
>>52141825
Some combos are really overpowered, usually defensive combos like dracoths + castellant

Theres just not enough damage available to punch through regular saves

500 point games are fine for casual games but you wont be able to do anything even mildly competitive at that size. If you have competitive players (or anyone that actively seeks out crazy combos) then I suggest avoiding this size game
>>
>>52141886
I'm about as competitive as a grapefruit and make a point of playing in friendly circles.
>>
>>52141825
> I just wanna know if anyone has had any issues with running games at 500
Well, not really. It's just Start Collecting: The format
>>
>>52141664
I've thought about them myself. Figured if I ever ran a narrative campaign set at 500 points, I'd cut the Battleline minimum to 1, heroes to 1-2, and no Behemoths or Artillery (although good luck fitting them anyway, but just in case).

Was thinking about maybe doing that after my Hinterlands campaign, as a sort of minor escalation.
>>
>>52141318

A semi-related question, if I made the lord on daemonic mount the army general and took the Arch-Sorcerer trait, does he gain the ability to cast the spells generated for him, or does that not work?
>>
>>52142350
It wouldn't work i think. Since while he gets a spell he still can't cast it
>>
>>52140570
please for the love of Sigmar no more fucking space marines
>>
>>52142516
its gonna be space marines, not more sigmarines, but the rumored 40k space marine space marines
>>
>>52142396

Makes sense.

Although now that I think about it there isn't a lot of reason to go Daemonic Mount Lord and Knights when I could just take more daemons and birds...
>>
>>52138440
What FEC abilities?
>>
New player here.

If I wanna run an all-Skink 1k army, how fucked am I?
>>
>>52142785
not very, you still get access to some good magic and big beasties that can dish out and take punishment.
>>
File: it's ok he was an angel.jpg (167KB, 528x557px) Image search: [Google]
it's ok he was an angel.jpg
167KB, 528x557px
>>52140561
No, butt
>>
>>52143058
source?
>>
>>52142257
>no Behemoths or Artillery (although good luck fitting them anyway, but just in case)
Get on my level

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Skaven Warlord (100) (buffing clanrats)
- General
- War Halberd
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Warlock Engineer (100) (don't really want to skip magic phase and uber-bolt would be useful)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120) (or 2x 10 with blades but 20 gain bonus IIRC)
- Rusty Spear

War Machines

Total: 500/500
>>
>people on 4chan actually like AoS
truely this site is now dead
>inb4 hurr durr stop liking what i dont like meme :^)
>>
>>52143320

you don't get to inb4 your own post

>stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>52143320
>people on 4chan actually like AoS
/tg/ is known for its shit taste - WHFB was the best proof. Here is your (you) and now go shitpost on 40kg with your "le 4 chapters" maymay
>>
>>52143346
Actually that's exactly how it works
Are you new here?
>>52143370
I inb4'd you faggot, but we'll let that slide anyway
But defending AoS claiming it's shit like whfb or 40k is like saying sewage water is no different than McDonald's food, because they're both bad for you.
>>
>>52143444

You're the new one here, newfriend. Now leave.
>>
>>52143444
You are right, and I accepted your argument. AoS is a shit and I feel bad for playing it. Rules are terrible (4 pages of le bigger beard rules wtf) and models are terrible
>>
>>52140191
Oh, those maps look nice. You've given me some inspiration for my Khorne warband.
>>
File: Megaton_Punch_04_047.jpg (140KB, 779x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Megaton_Punch_04_047.jpg
140KB, 779x1100px
Remember your past AoS:
before becoming anime, archaon was manga
>>
>>52143542
>yfw you will never be a cute maid girl painting warhammer minis
>>
>>52143346
>>52143370
>>52143444
You idiots fell for it. He got his (You)s. He's pretty happy right now knowing it's easy to get those from here.
>>
>>52143702
And? I don't give a fuck about him. At least he is bumping a thread. You think that his shitposting will change my opinion about a game or make me not having fun with it? C'mon Anon
>>
>>52143742
Fighting with a shitposter manages to only get shit allover the thread. It's best to ignore them.
>>
>>52143771
Well, yeah - you are right
>>
File: 20170312_233611.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_233611.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
How is my first ork guys? I spoke the other day about buying some orks to make a 1k ironjawz after playing flesh eater courts, so far the start collecting has arrived, the brutes and megaboss should be tomorrow, new to painting any tips appreciated!
>>
File: lizard lore.png (142KB, 699x622px) Image search: [Google]
lizard lore.png
142KB, 699x622px
>>52140561
>>
>>52144102

Bold choice, going red skin. If I were you I'd look at painted Khorne Daemons to get an idea how to highlight the red skin. I think yours could use another highlight.

I also would say the metal is a little too clean too.
>>
Did any of you get Shadows over Hammerhal ?
We had lots of fun playing Silver Tower with friends and I'm curious about the mechanical changes (mainly the GM addition).
>>
>>52144185
OK so a highlight on the skin, and dirtier metal, would drybrushing a light brown or similar dark colour work with that mabye? I tried agrax on it but didn't like the look of it, I have some evil sunz scarlet to highlight with, as soon as I saw ironjawz I was thinking red skin and steel armour haha
>>
File: IMG_1134.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1134.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
This thread needs less shitposting and more of Papa Nurgle's love.

>You guys like my converted Plague Lord?

I count the huge tumor as a Crown of Command and plan on placing a Nurgling on his back like a mini version of the Glottkin.

I'm debating adding one more highlight to the flesh before I paint the buboes. What say you /aosg/?
>>
>>52144267

Don't dry brush it man I guarantee you won't like it. Try washing it with brown ink or black ink or both, then re-highlight the edges with silver like it's scratched and chipped.

The evil suns scarlet might do it for you! I've also seen macharius orange used as a highlight on red flesh, on the highest edges. But that could be hit or miss I think.
>>
>>52139294
> not trying to show off
Anon with a model that looks that horrible, the only thing I would show it off to is the bottom of a garbage can
>>
>>52144357
You are being a cunt. >>52139984 is a better example of how to reply to something you don't like, since he gave actual constructive criticism, you are just being a dick to him for no reason. How would you like it if you posted one of your models for advice and people just mocked you without actually giving you advice.
>>
>>52144274

I think it looks very nice as it, how did you do it?

Is the tumour from a maggoth lord?

wheres the big sword from.

I really like it!
>>
>>52144357
>hmm what should my scheme be
>i know ill paint them gold then slop green sewage on them
>>
>>52144274

>I count the huge tumor as a Crown of Command

Sometimes you need a statement like this to drive home how hilarious this game is.
>>
>>52144465

Thanks anon. I started with Bugman's Glow, layered on Cadian Fleshtone, then a layer of Rakarth Flesh.

The tumor I cut off of an extra Ethrac Glott I ordered from my favorite bits store. I turned it upside down and backwards and sculpted green stuff buboes to hide the seam.

The big sword is from the 40K Nurgle Daemon Prince model. It's one of my favorites too.
>>
>Want to start a Wood Elf Mounted army
>Glade riders are OOP
>>
>>52144678
I want to play this game but they dont have any darkelf models yet
GW must not want my money
>>
>>52144678
The GA: Order Made to Order can't be THAT far away now. They was asking for suggestions saying they will be doing one "soon" months ago. I want another box of the damn things myself since I had the same idea as you.

Thank god I got my Lord on Great Stag when I did.
>>
>>52144174

>Sigmar Approved (tm)

Thank you
>>
>>52136460
I latched onto a line from the Lord Castellants fluff page about the telescopes on the fortress observatory of the Heralds of Casandora. They have no colour scheme so yellow stormcast with black faceplates. They will be warrior scientists
>>
File: updated.jpg (1006KB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
updated.jpg
1006KB, 3988x3988px
>>52139984
Tried doing what you said and goin back over with Retributor, I like how it looks a lot more now.
>>
>>52145280
the green trim is still looking kind of rough but that's looking way nicer
>>
I speak for the trees
>>
File: Awesome.gif (2MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
Awesome.gif
2MB, 389x292px
>>52145122
>They will be warrior scientists
>>
File: 20170309_170355.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170309_170355.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>52144274
More nurgle? Sure

I painted 10 blightkings for a friend
>>
File: 20170309_170311.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170309_170311.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>52146019
>>
File: Top Gear.gif (479KB, 370x263px) Image search: [Google]
Top Gear.gif
479KB, 370x263px
>>52145122
>They will be warrior scientists
>>
>>52145706
>Quiver bug on it's own base
>Flashback to WAAC Shitposter

Triggered.

Nice scheme by the way
>>
>>52144274
I love that tumor can we get a pic from the back?
>>
>>52143058
sauce please
>>
>>52137530
I'm so fucking tiered of these fucking teasers. Why the fuck do people put up with this shit?
>>
>>52146536
I like them, builds hype.
>>
>>52146570
Why is hype good? Because it dupes you into buying shit you otherwise wouldn't want? Because if you want to cuck yourself that hard you can just by KOW models and stick them on rounds. It's better value.
>>
>>52144422
When I have issues painting, I consult Duncan videos.
If it's still not right I ask the FLGS painting gurus.
Why ask for ANYTHING on a site like this? I think one can know what to expect in return. It's the law of the jungle
>>
>>52144422
And for the record, I compliment a LOT of the stuff I see here on aosg as well as hhg that looks GOOD. Good work deserves praise. Garbage deserves to be told it's garbage. I'm tired of the everyone gets a trophy, don't invade mah safe space, bullshit.
>>
>>52146790
>>52146766
So what I get from you is that you can't paint, so you feel like putting other people down to feel better, since if you COULD paint, you could give a bit of criticism or advice along with telling someone something is garbage.

Just because you CAN be an edgy cunt who follows the "law of the jungle" on the internet because of your anonymity, it doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>52146697
I would except I don't like shitty models.
>>
>>52146766
>>52146790
By all means, tell him it's garbage. But give constructive criticism as well. Otherwise you're just being an unhelpful piece of shit. You want him to stop posting shitty models? Tell him how to get better so he can post good ones.
>>
>>52147071
If you dont want your shit paint job critiqued then dont post it online

Nobody is entitled to constructive criticism, and nobody should be forced to be constructive.
>>
>>52146697
>Why is hype good?
I like it because if I know something is coming that is in line with my interests, I can prepare or budget for it. It's more convenient for me than anything.
>Because it dupes you into buying shit you otherwise wouldn't want?
Whoa! Pretentious alert! I suppose we are all just cogs in the corporate machine, brainwashed into being controlled by the evil corporations with no independent thoughts of our own. Thank you for being there to guide us into the light!
>Because if you want to cuck yourself that hard you can just by KOW models and stick them on rounds. It's better value.
Not really. KoW models range from "pretty decent average looking vanilla minis" to "really embarrassing sculpts". It's like they are deliberately trying to be as vanilla and average as possible. I am just not impressed by any of their fantasy range at all. Nothing drives me to buy them because nothing sticks out to me. Of course that's the subliminal manipulation talking.
>>
File: IMG_1135.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1135.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>52146212

>Wellspring! Papa Nurgle gives willingly!
>>
>>52147208
You see, you are holding onto a flawed strawman argument.

What you see, is us making the case that we should only ever complement work, whether or not it is warranted. And that we believe it is wrong to criticize.

When this is false. We encourage others to improve, we note improvements from previous efforts, and we also let people know when it is not good enough and could use improvement. You can do this without being a dick.
>>
>>52147385
Nobody is ENTITLED to constructive criticism. If you post stuff on the internet then you should expect a people to be dicks. The internet is not your little safe space hugbox where people only say constructive criticism
>>
>>52147426
Being a dick for no reason is pointless and juvenile.
>>
>>52147454
Welcome to the internet you faggot
>>
>>52147426

Yeah but talking shit is such an easy basic bitch way of interacting with people. Anyone can be a smarmy cunt on the internet. You aren't special or tactful for doing it.
>>
>>52147426
And you are resenting us for calling you a dick. You are posting on the internet, be prepared to be called out on your bullshit.

Maybe you need a safe space?
>>
>>52147279
Great work. I'm a Tzeentch player myself, but I have a soft spot for the Blightkings.
>>
>>52147460
Well look at you, mr big man. You're not impressing anyone you insecure fuck.
>>
>>52147564
For (You).
>>
File: rbg.png (82KB, 206x203px) Image search: [Google]
rbg.png
82KB, 206x203px
>>52137751
>>52137615
i will cast lightning at you
>>
>>52145280
That looks a lot better!
Next time I'd advice you to go something like this:
Retributor
Tint
Retributor
Highlight
But i think you knew that already!
Keep us posted though!
>>
File: red orks.gif (27KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
red orks.gif
27KB, 320x200px
>>52144102
>>
>>52144102

I actually thought this model couldn't get any worse.

How wrong I was...
>>
How do I into spooky skellingtons?

1000 points
>Necromancer on pun horse
>Wight King on pun horse

>10 Black Knights
>5 Black Knights
>20 Skellingtons with banner, spears, shields
>20 Skellingtons with banner, spears, shields
>5 Fell Bats

Is this shit yes/no? I figure I could have more Skellingtons if I drop a spooky dead mage dude but on the other hand I can just keep bringing dead ones back this way and so long as the two heroes are near they'll be dead killy (ba dum tsh). The spooky horse bros are for flanking and mulching infantry and the stupid bats are just to distract or harass shit.
>>
How do I combine Beastmen and Skaven, /tg/?

I can't pick between them so I want to have both.
>>
>>52145706

Are you the guy whose army is in the box at the WEM Games Workshop? If not know that there's a guy who has the same scheme as you and won a local Armies on Parade thing.
>>
>>52149405
I hear their minotaurs are good.
I'd almost definitely go skaven for battleline since I think clanrats are better.
I can't honestly help you beyond that with what you're saying. Like what part of beastmen and or skaven do you like the most?
>>
>>52137244
>>52137405
2500 is a perfectly valid pt total supported by the GH. But so far people have been focusing at 2000pts. The game has a very different tempo at 1000/2000/2500
>>
File: Death2000pts.pdf (4KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Death2000pts.pdf
4KB, 1x1px
>>52135520
Viable?
>>
>>52149329
You could use a unit with some rend. I'd say drop 10 knights and the bats, and grab 20 grave guard. Use your king and necromancer to buff those guys and watch them rip and tear.
>>
Someone hit me with a 1000 point chaos dworf list.
>>
>>52150204
>scrollbuilder.com
>>
whats the baneblade equivalent in aos?
>>
>>52150204
Fuck off.
>>
>>52149845
No - PDF.
>>
File: 1485709891388.jpg (77KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485709891388.jpg
77KB, 960x640px
NEW DARKELVES WHEN?
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>52149845
I don't see any issues
>>
>>52151745
fuck elves

overpowered assholes with bullshit magic
>>
>>52149405
If you don't care about synergy then I would say you use beastmen to rush the enemy, while skaven units like ratling guns shoots at the units locked in combat with the beastmen
>>
File: SKINKS.jpg (20KB, 262x363px) Image search: [Google]
SKINKS.jpg
20KB, 262x363px
So here's my 1k list of skinks.

Am I investing too much in beasts?
>>
>>52151916
>tfw your skink army can beat my FEC army easily
why does death suck so much
>>
>>52151954
Tomb kings got 4th at LVO
Death just needs more stuff
>>
File: something_something_wardens.jpg (548KB, 1473x824px) Image search: [Google]
something_something_wardens.jpg
548KB, 1473x824px
My something-something Wardens / Wardens of something-something are coming along at a snail's pace.

The yellow face masks and shoulders will eventually be an offwhite.

Bronze will be inked down.

Bases will be tufted and snowed.
>>
>>52152103
Those guys sure look 'armless
>>
I've got the regular Chaos Lord model, how can I nurgle him up?

Or rather than wasting the effort, should I just take a Lord of Plagues instead?
>>
>>52152103
Chaos Dwarf fag here, I love how they look, what's their backstory?
>>
>>52148679
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to fine tune this one just a bit more and clean it up neater, but next mini I'll be doing your method from the get go, thanks for the help and support!
>>
So how can I speed up my movement phase? I'm playing moonclan and moving 100+ models a turn makes me want to die.
>>
>>52152911
Movement trays.

>>52152166
Zombie and Plaguebearer bits are the obvious choice. The plaguebearer box also contains some nurglings, so it's a great buy for nurgle conversions. Also a green paintjob can be enough. Maybe look into to old hordes of chaos army book for inspiraton, it should be in the /whfbg/ op
>>
>>52152911
Not playing a horde army is a generally good remedy for that issue.
>>
i represent the plague-rats! ( and for the record reddit is for fags and i play skaven )
>>
>>52153005
I had considered some of those, I think the issue is that he looks quite noble and statuesque in comparison to the bloat and gore associated with Papa Nurgle. Him just being green probably won't cut it. I might add a sword to a Lord of Plagues model and do a counts as and it can do either role then.
>>
>>52152872
No problem. I don't usually leave feedback, but I do like helping out, or well trying to at least!
>>
>downloaded the warhammer quest app
>no abhorrent ghoul king
>only Wight King and Necromancer
why
>>
>>52151976
I'd be fine with a TK repack.
>>
>>52147426
Anon, i feel you. people are busy whining about how fucking words make their feelings hurt. It's goddamn annoying in modern culture. Like they can't handle an honest appraisal of their work.

Still, it's important to keep in mind that there are a lot of newcomers to the hobby the come to boards like this looking to learn. Constructive criticism is simply good for the community. What you have is an opportunity to help somebody improve. Rather than kicking them in the balls for being ignorant.
>>
File: Bloodstone Horde.pdf (271KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodstone Horde.pdf
271KB, 1x1px
I added some stuff on my beastmen, and played my first match with them (On tabletop sim). Everything other than my Bray Shaman died, though I won the game because my heroes were on the objectives, garnering me points.
>>
>>52154052

I was going to read that, but the font is fucking abhorrent.
>>
>>52154087
What would you recommend then?
>>
I'm starting a deathrattle/nighthaunt army and while I like the skeleton warriors, is there anywhere I can get ahold of a box of the tomb king skeleton warriors that isn't ebay? I wanted a nice mix of cultures in the skeletons, but it looks like its not to be.
>>
>>52154100

It doesn't need to look like it was written in a fantasy world, just go with Calibri/TNR/Arial like a normal document imho
>>
>>52154108
Use Ebay or wait a million years until GW decides to bring them back and call them "King of Tombs".
>>
Order = Spoiled Brats who get all the attention and cool armies

Chaos = The other spoiled Brats who are jealous at the Order brats getting too much stuff

Destruction = Tourneyfags

Death = Just like the name, you will be fucking dead until they release something for you
>>
Are there any Lizardmen in the wild? I just want some jungle-dwelling lizardudes.
>>
>>52154205
>Just like the name, you will be fucking dead until they release something for you
At least you have an autowin army to take revenge on everyone else.
>>
File: Text Triggers Me.pdf (299KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Text Triggers Me.pdf
299KB, 1x1px
>>52154140
Here ya go.
>>
>>52154243
>autowin
>Ebay Kings
>>
What makes Necropolis Knights so good? I don't understand why people say Tomb Kings are a good army at the moment.
>>
>>52154594
It's pretty much JUST settra, necropolis knights, and the necrosphinx thats "amazing unbeatable wtf nerf/ban that shit fucking hate people" it's bizarre but they are good. everything else is unwieldy and wonky on the rules. but because people dislike them, it's hated
>>
>>52152376

Thanks Lad, It's going to be a city partly set in a mountain - and for a generation they've been fighting off a Nurgle Warlord, who on the cusp of victory thanks to a plague spread by a new gift from Nurgle (very small) daemon flies, is beaten back by a new Forging from Sigmar who has been watching.

I need to flesh this out like beastmen anon has.
>>
>>52154594

They are the prime recipient of all the amazing buff stacking certain TK lists can do
>>
>>52154052
What did you use to create the map anon? I'm trying to make a cool looking map for my friend's Path to Glory campaign and I can't seem to find a good tool for this.
>>
There's a 3d where i can find infos about recasters?

I can't find Pillpitt on dhgate :(
>>
File: Mr.Bone'swildride.pdf (3KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.Bone'swildride.pdf
3KB, 1x1px
As we are already discussing death, and dead things, I'm planning on converting a bretonnia battalion (and an extra men-at-arms unit) into skellington bretonnia! What are your thoughts on this, and my 1 000 point list?
>>
>>52155038
Dude stop. You won't get any info going from thread to thread begging. Find the info yourself, it really isn't that hard if you sit down for 30-45 minutes on google.
>>
>>52155037
http://inkarnate.com/

I like it, and found out about it from this anon's google doc.
>>52140191
>>
>>52155075
I asked for help cause i didn't found anything up-to-date or usefull.

>reddit or /tg post send to 404
>>
File: Optimized-board2.jpg (895KB, 1200x593px) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-board2.jpg
895KB, 1200x593px
Made a board for Hinterland/DAoS games. 4x4 and a lot of fun to make, especially sculpting the faces. Close up in next post.
>>
>>52155116
Thanks. After I asked about it I found it at /wbg/
>>
File: faces.jpg (540KB, 1097x757px) Image search: [Google]
faces.jpg
540KB, 1097x757px
>>52155459
Here's a close-up of the faces.
>>
Is SoH's fluff book available in the resource page? Please someone answer.
>>
>>52155459
That's hella creepy
>>
>>52155544
Thank you, mission accomplished.
>>
>>52155514
https://youtu.be/Y4SLjLen7-c?t=38s

First thing to come to mind.
>>
File: rev(1).jpg (184KB, 929x979px) Image search: [Google]
rev(1).jpg
184KB, 929x979px
Still trying to decide how to do the rest of this guy, I'm concerned that light colours will blend in with the bark a bit too much.
>>
>>52155514
Saw this on Facebook. The sculpts are great but the paint could be better.
>>
>>52155046
I love the fluff of this idea, i'd never once thought to do a knights and death bretts... i need to build these now
>>
>>52155606
Pale nurgle tier green
>>
>>52155621
It was really hard to lean over the board with a brush and I'm a pretty shitty painter anyway, but thank you for saying my sculpting is alright.
>>
>>52155523
No, and probably won't be unless someone bothers to scan it
>>
>>52155514
Their dentists clearly aren't too skilled but at least they keep up with their beautifying cucumber mask treatments.
>>
>>52155606

While you obviously won't leave it prime black, I think it looks great dark.

shadow daemons (tree daemons if you like) are creepy af
>>
>>52151916
Starpriest is trash
Engine of the Gods is trash
Troglodon is trash

Nothing in your list does any damage and everything will die to a stiff breeze

This might be the worst list I have ever seen
>>
>>52151954
Death is OBJECTIVELY the best grand alliance right now

6 of the top 8 lists at the masters tournament were Death
>>
File: necropolis knights.png (33KB, 1246x347px) Image search: [Google]
necropolis knights.png
33KB, 1246x347px
>>52154594
Somebody explained this in the last thread

They have a great stat line, ressurect every turn, and have the right keywords to benefit from the best buffs in the game
>>
>>52155514
This colour palette is not pleasing to the eyes

Its neat but I would never play on this table
>>
>>52155459
Looks like a demented childs art project.
why have you just smeared your feces all over a table?
Would not play on/10
>>
>>52154141
Shit, I don't want to pay £35 for 16 skeletons when I can get 10 vamp counts ones from Dark sphere for £11.62.

I assume bits sellers still sell Khemrian shields though? Research time I think.
>>
>>52155606
Dont listen to these tasteless plebs who say to color it
Leave it shadowy with grey or silver highlights
Kind of like this anons bark >>52145706
>>
>>52156215
Self-reply, no luck there.

However, I think I will buy a load of shields from lots of other armies to represent the is of cultures my skeletons have been raised from.

Good idea? Or would it look horribly messy?
>>
File: IMG_2751.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2751.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
>>52155643
There is a lot of undead bretonnia out there to give you an idea how they look.
>>
File: Bloodletters-2.jpg (35KB, 650x211px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodletters-2.jpg
35KB, 650x211px
>>52155952
Agree with this. Very dark with purple edge highlights could be cool. Or go red if you want it to match the rest of the model. Dark but highlighted up to orange. Kinda like these swords.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>52156436
>>52155606
Here's a second pic of something that could work. Dark ghostly things. Pick whatever color you think is best. But dark is definitely cool.
>>
>>52155514
>>52155459
They look like very tasty fruit cakes m8
>>
>>52155720

Can someone scan it?
>>
>>52155523
SoH?
>>
>>52157085
Sure. ou can.
>>
>>52140355
>>52140447
Magical Samurai faction when?
>>
>>52144791
This.
All I want is Malerion and some edgy fantasy (A)elfs. Also a story about how they kept out Archaon out of Ulgu.

Shadow Aelfs fucking when?
>>
File: 1485455276185.jpg (177KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1485455276185.jpg
177KB, 1600x1063px
>want to get into AoS
>the armies I'm considering are dark elves and vampire counts
>like no support for either yet
>>
>>52153564
We FEC lead a hard life, but we do it all for honor.
>New Battletome changes and FAQ shortly after our release.

Hope they update us before GHB 3.0
>>
>>52144102
I love it when people go for different skin colors. I painted my Orks blue, and am considering going either charcoal or red for my Ironjawz.

Could use more highlighting and wear 'n' tear on the armor, though.
>>
>>52149018
How do you unironically dislike the Warchanter?
>>
>>52144274
one of the best conversions of this model I have seen. And there have been many. Many.
>>
File: IMAG1192.jpg (934KB, 2152x1464px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1192.jpg
934KB, 2152x1464px
>>52157770
It's a common model to convert. It's cheap, and easy to work with. And yeah that is a very good conversion.

I got the model so I could use it as the unit champion for my blightkings. I did this to keep my blightkings to 5 models because I needed one of them for my harbinger of decay conversion.

When the weather warms up around here, I will be getting some paint on these guys soon.
>>
>>52157867
Nice, now get that shit painted and work a little harder to disguise the square bases.
>>
To the man who told me to do Mortal Nurgle, thank you. I've had a ton of fun playing with Slaves to Darkness with the nurgle keyword, and painting them has been a dream. My only query is, should I get another slaves to darkness box or should I get a blightkings box?
>>
>>52158014
I think you'll want blight kings, considering how much they do for the army with their aoe heal/damage.
Plus their models look so good.
>>
>>52158014
Blightkings.

They look great and perform fantastically on the table.
>>
>>52158008
Yeah when the weather finally warms up a little more I'll be able to prime my dudes then get some paints slapped on them. I planned on putting some sand and grime on the square bases because it was meant to look like ruined steps. However I am going to go a different direction with the basing theme instead of ruins and swamps i was originally planning.

>>52158014
Blightkings, definitely. It's a wonderful kit with so many wonderful extra parts. Parts you will use to nurglefy any future slaves to darkness kits you will purchase. Buy 2 if you can afford it. You can easily make 10 unique looking blightkings with 2 kits.

To me, the blightkings is the best kit to come out of End Times
>>
>>52158417
>To me, the blightkings is the best kit to come out of End Times
me again, and the stormfiends is a very close second. Blightkings wins out on top due to bits variety and customization.
>>
in old fluff, who were the Fimir friendly/allied with?
>>
>>52158474
Nobody. Their story sorta tied with chaos, but beyond that they were always a wild card and never more than a minor faction.
>>
>>52158474
They were Chaos, but no one really. They were swamp dwelling rape monsters.
>>
>>52157395
Any Death armies except flesh eaters have little support for the same reason as elves, theyre tiny subfactions without all the tools for a army.

Just play Death alligiance, spamming bloodknights as battleline isnt the smartest idea when you have access to skeleton hordes. Just buy 2 SC! of either Death faction you like and get 2-4 boxes of ghouls/Skeletons and youve got yourself a nicely working 1500-2000 army for around 200 bucks. If you really want Bloodknights get any armoured cavalry Kit (ELf Dragonknights Chaos-Knights etc) you like and buy a Death-upgradekit and youve got yourself 5 bloodknights for ~40 bucks.

This is the List I am Running atm (1700pts)

Neferata
Vampire Lord
Wightking w/ Blade
20x Skeletons
20x Skeletons
20x Skeletons
10x Bloodknights

Possibly the best thing about pure-Death is that you can bring ALL THOSE models on your table and look at your opponent thinking which fuckers to summon in his face, without deviating from your main list you could summon Ghosts to deal with rend and high armour Zombies/skellies to tarpit. If youve got the Models and the wizards you can adapt to any opponent
>>
>>52158497
Yeah. I think destruction is a good spot for them. They are wild and unpredictable but are not beholden to any of the gods, which makes them a shuin for destruction. Besides, chaos has too much already
>>
>>52158558
Sure, their lore is basically that Chaos ditched them to waifu humans instead, so Destruction is perfect.
>>
>>52155459
Looking good Tim, you sick fuck
>>
Is 20 bloodknights too many? because i now own them
>>
>>52158992
Cheers mate
>>
>>52159035
It is not, but running all 20 in a single unit is. They are one of those units that performs better in small separate units than big blobs
>>
>>52159035
better tell me you got them either from recasters or kitbashed them
>>
>>52155606
no pics at the moment but I've had a go with a couple of ideas, I tried almost pure black with some EXTREME red highlights and it kind of looked like ass, managed to save it by just repainting the whole thing dark blue and working from there
>>
>>52155606
subtle red to orangey red blended a little into the black edging with a harsh edge of full reddy autumn contrast, itl look good and help define the details in the black.
>>
>>52159267
I would left it black with some shades m8, but I'm sure you will make it good - for now it's great
>>
>>52159184
So like 4 groups of 5 or 2 groups of 10?
>>
>>52159243
Nope, Old Metal ones and they are sweet
>>
>>52159756
4 groups of 5. That way, even if you lose one in each group each turn, you would be getting 4 models back from your banners, as opposed to only 2 if you only did 2 groups of 10
>>
*holds out hand*
War.
>>
>>52159990
*pulls out Teclis*
>>
>>52158514
> Summoning.. Why bother.
>>
File: ebony thread.jpg (71KB, 797x411px) Image search: [Google]
ebony thread.jpg
71KB, 797x411px
Are low point games (500 or 750) actually fun? I saw few posts about them but never have a chance to play with such small armies. Which factions would fit this format best?
>>
>>52159184
15 is the max unit size.
>>
>>52160018
*Drops 9 Necropolis knights on his face*
>>
>>52157149

Someone WITH the booklet. I'm not fond of warhammer quest and 120 bucks for lore is a no-no.
>>
>>52158514
I'm another anon. I'm actually building Vampire counts force. at 1000 pts, it will be:
3x5 blood knights
1 vampire lord on abyssal terror.

My girl friend might kick my ass with her sylvaneths lol.
>>
>>52160163
I've had a lot of fun with Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon with full kit and 2 units of Blood Knights, yeah it's under but you get that sweet once per game triumph, also, it's stupid simple and fun. even if you lose heh
>>
Anyone know where I can get some good looking dark elve alternate models.
>>
>>52158514
Why bother with the Wight king? You have a vamp lord, for the command ability, who is was better/more versatile than a wight.
>>
>>52160163
That list is great I have good fun with it.
I use this 15 Blood knights + VLOAT + Vamp Lord for general
>>
>>52143058
does nobody have sauce on this? those girls are delighfully thicc
>>
>>52159990
*points at OP
Faggot.
>>
new thread when?
>>
Goddamn metal Blood Knights are a true pain to assemble.
>>
new thread

>>52163800
>>52163800
>>52163800
>>
>>52159776
post pics
>>
>>52159878
but you gotta make sure they dont get wiped in a phase

in bigger games larger units can be safer or just hit and run
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.