[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that you've played or know about but which are dead,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: City_of_Greyhawk_Cover_II_large.jpg (44KB, 355x480px) Image search: [Google]
City_of_Greyhawk_Cover_II_large.jpg
44KB, 355x480px
Games that you've played or know about but which are dead, dead, DEAD.

As in, almost nobody plays them and they have no official support from a living games company.

>Sky Realms of Jorune
>Rolemaster
>ICE Cyberspace
>Big Eyes Small Mouth
>Supernatural RPG
>Bunnies & Burrows
>Castle Falkenstein
>DragonMech

Will any of these ever come back?
>>
File: black equus.jpg (188KB, 559x404px) Image search: [Google]
black equus.jpg
188KB, 559x404px
>>
File: new kult.jpg (402KB, 601x850px) Image search: [Google]
new kult.jpg
402KB, 601x850px
>>52108964
>Nephilim
>Blue Planet
>Twilight 2000
>SLA Industries
>Star Frontiers
>Tribe 8

At least Kult is back now.
>>
>>52108964
Had a lot of fun with Supernatural and BESM. Miss those games.
>>
>>52108964
>almost nobody plays them
OP,what you're talking about includes 99.9999999% of all RPGs ever created in the history of the medium.

It's called "not being D&D or 40k".
>>
>>52109459
It's coming out this summer, right?
>>
>>52109459
>Earthdawn
>Bubblegum Crisis
>Twilight Imperium
>TORG
>Conspiracy X
>Cyberpunk 2020
>Spycraft/Shadowforce Archer

Which of the above would you bring back if you could bring back only one?
>>
>>52108964
>Bunnies & Burrows
That actually had a GURPS book.
>>
>>52108964

My friend still plays BESM.

>>52109137
Dead maybe, but not dead, dead, DEAD.
>>
>>52109507
Or Pathfinder.
>>
>>52109654
Earthdawn just got a new edition, so I don't need to pick that. So I guess I'd take Twilight Imperium, it truly is the god king of board games.

>>52108964
I'll throw these two to the list.

>In Nomine
>Hellas: Worlds of Sun and Stone
>>
>>52110119
>Earthdawn just got a new edition,
It did? Who's publishing it?
>>
>>52110196
FASA did a kickstarter for it in 2014 and the Player's Guide was released at the end of 2015. From what I have heard other books are still being worked on and released. I have almost the entire 1e line so I just use it when I get groups going for it.
>>
>>52110287
FASA? I thought they ded...wow, I'm out of hte loop.
>>
>>52110326
They dwindled to just a company holding IPs but they have slowly came back. It pleases this old warhorse to see the Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration back in action.
>>
File: mack_sztaba_01.jpg (673KB, 1800x1078px) Image search: [Google]
mack_sztaba_01.jpg
673KB, 1800x1078px
>>52108964
Star Wars d6.

West End Games went under back in the late 90s so while it's nice that it's untainted by prequel crap it's very dead. There seems to still be a bit of a remaining community, enough that fans made a reorganized and eratta'd rulebook a while back, but with the current popularity of FFG's new line of Star Wars RPGs no one has any interest in playing old shit.
>>
>>52110570
Never played it but I have heard many people say it was good. The d6 system in general.
>>
>>52110635
Actually, the d6 system in general would also constitute a dead game I guess. I haven't heard complaints about it either and it's a shame it doesn't get more attention since it's a universal system and all the books for different genres were freely released online. It's really nice and simple although I personally would only use it for SW since it's the best one officially supporting the setting. My one sticking point with it is that I hate how you can sacrifice Character Points (EXP) for bonuses to rolls because I just hate the choice of sacrificing long-term gain for short-term reward, but that's just me.
>>
Jovian Chronicles and D9 Silhouette System in general. I liked their mecha combat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.