[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience playing a GM-less game? I just stumbled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (251KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 1131x1600px
Anyone have any experience playing a GM-less game? I just stumbled across a pdf of the Mythic GM emulator.
My group is small and there are two of us that always get stuck with the responsibility of running the game and never both get to play simultaneously.
>>
File: 1366047136247.jpg (138KB, 608x873px) Image search: [Google]
1366047136247.jpg
138KB, 608x873px
>>
>>52098187
A.....a GM-less game?

How. How does one do that without either instantly having meta, designing a hugely detailed terrain board for every detail, or quickly running into the problem of "Where are we? What do we see? Who are we talking to? Are we allowed to do this?"
>>
I've been wanting to automate rolling for things in the Mythic GME and its supplements to see what I could come up with.

Obviously, meta knowledge is unavoidable in a solo RPG if you're trying to have a plot, but it doesn't have to be stifling in that regard.
>>
>>52098187
Shit, that pic is fucking cool.
>>
>>52098187
It inevitably ends up feeling like exactly what it is - Rolling on a series of soulless charts.
>>
I like to use it to play by myself. It requires of a bit of imagination but it's fun and I've had some cool stories made.
I once tried with two other people but it wasn't as fun. Felt directionless and I sort of pseudo GM'd the game to keep it going smoothly.
All in all, mythic is fun. I really like using it for solo role playing but only if I'm doing it by myself. Feel free to try with others anyways though. My group wasn't too experienced which is why I had to keep guiding them. You might be okay on your end
>>
>>52098264
Systems have these things called rules and they usually provide answers to questions like that.

I think the easiest solution for GMless system is having GM's role rotate from player to player from scene to scene.
I'm sure there are other solutions too, but it's not like I've read and played every game out there.
>>
>>52098228
>Armor Nipples.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41KB, 569x428px
>>52098187
Yes, they're called video games.
>>
>>52102125
/thread
>>
>>52098187

I've used it before to learn new systems before I run them for others, but haven't used it at a table. I imagine as long as you have one person around who's ready to take the creativity ball and run with it it should work fine.

>>52098857
>I've been wanting to automate rolling for things in the Mythic GME and its supplements to see what I could come up with.

See the Pythia Oracle project:
https://exposit.github.io/pythia-oracle/ - A tool to make solo RPG gaming easier and to generate content for sandbox RPGs.

Also:

http://pastebin.com/F8teW7rr - Solo links
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG

And my own archive of Two Hour Wargames stuff, which is mostly hybrid RPG/wargames that support GM-less co-op (and solo play) right out of the box, no GME needed. (But I suppose you could still use one if you liked)

https://mega.nz/#F!9R8G2aQb!g-dZXkyCmkrljzH60tZEhQ

>>52102125

>A multi-player RPG? Yeah, it's called World of Warcraft!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.