[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My own character in a Pathfinder game recently built a fortress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

My own character in a Pathfinder game recently built a fortress and I incorporated some animated objects and spells to spiffy it up and it got me thinking; what are some of your memorable fortresses/castles/palaces/bases/etc, /tg/?
>>
About a year ago, a few people at the LGS and I were playing the 5e Elemental Evil campaign and early on, we fought a necromancer and took his lair for our own.
Over the course of the campaign, we made it real homely like. With beds, a treasury, hell we even made a farm and had servants.
The twist was, our de facto leader ran a crime ring to finance our adventure. Prostitution, selling drugs. We even had bum fights. Eventually, we got caught because our goliath blabbed at the wrong moment.
It was a good time while it lasted. Got a good jailbreak session out of it, though.
>>
>>52076873
The more impressive I make a dungeon, the more my players do to try to skip it by teleporting, turning into birds or clouds of gas, leveling the building by moving earth, flooding it by moving water, or just picking another quest. It makes me want to make their next adventure an attempt to defend a buikding against enemies who know the same spells they do.
>>
>>52076957
Sounds like a fun time. Reminds me of a friend in this Ptolus run we played. They were the Evil rogue in our otherwise Good group When we killed a group of thugs, the rest of us left and they decided to squat there. They used Hero Points and a craft (alchemy) to make the most addictive drug ever. They ended up OD'ing on it themselves, but the drug would remain a scourge to the city for decades to come.
>>
>>52076873
I had a necromancer's castle as a giant re-animated turtle that walked through a swamp. The castle was glued to the turtle's back and formed from the dead shells and body parts of other aquatic creatures. Eventually the PCs managed to reverse the necromantic magics and bring the turtle back to life, at which point it sloughed off the castle and swam back out to sea, never to be seen again.
>>
>>52076873
>completely fucked up with naming the thread.

>>52076983
Yeah, our DM has always generally given us good reason to not do things like that. Someone wanted to try and drill through walls in the Tomb of Horrors. The devil caretakers weren't fond of them breaking the rules... As for the campaign of reversing the situation, that seems like a cool idea to me.

>>52077758
That's quite the cool design, imo. I imagine it must've been a bitch to build on a turtle, though. How did they manage to resurrect something so big?
>>
>>52076873
My first campaign I ever played, we kept coming back to this one damn inn, until we payed the innkeeper to let us build an extra floor on top of it and just live up there.

Then we build a magically heating hottub in our pent house. No reason to leave now. Even when the towns folk tried to kick us out for all the trouble we kept bringing around, we just bought the inn, renamed it to make fun of the player who was absent that session, and teleported it away.
>>
>>52078243
So you built a Hot Tub Teleport Machine?
>>
My favorite was a huge zeppelin.

Current game though it's a post apoc, and one of the players has become the ruler of a dam and artificial lake, around which a population is springing up.
>>
>>52078143
It's certainly given me a comprehensive list of concerns that arise when building in a D&D world and relatively inexpensive ways to repel adventurers. Now all my NPCs' chimneys have fine wire grates on them to keep out polymorphed birds and bats, some keeps are known to rotate the use of their rooms so that enemies who think they're teleporting into a treasure room may teleport into a death trap, and all guards have standard protocols for what to do if they see a suspicious bird or low-hanging puff of gas.
>>
>>52078522
Fortunately, I don't need to worry about intruders with my current project, as it's in the Negative Energy Plane (Undead character), but I'll have to keep that Chimney thing in mind for the future.
>>
>>52076873
I've only actually ever built one base in an RPG before.

After our party's town was raided and pillaged while we were away, I surreptitiously hired some of the gravediggers to spot me a few bodies. Then I animated them, gave them picks, and had them start to dig out a huge underground chamber for me. Hired an architect to give the skeletons orders, and just generally teleported in to upgrade it. I ended up pillaging traps (notably a trapped crystal that teleported you into a death zone) and reworking them into functional teleportation systems so that I could go back to my base at any time.

But the most notable thing is... Well, none of the rest of the party knew about it. They didn't know where I kept an entire library I stole, or where I kept putting my raised undead when they didn't need it... Eventually they asked where I got a bag of holding.

I used that teleportation trap crystal a LOT. Eventually the GM had me upgrade it in order to use it at longer distances.

Though by this point, the base isn't used very much. I still teleport back there now and then to make sure things are secure, or amp up the defenses with more magic, but now that we all have bags of holding and we're over a thousand miles away I can't make a short day trip without burning spells per day.

But when things get bad... Well, I have a lot of powerful skeletons and zombies hidden away, just waiting for a Command Undead and Teleport Circle.
>>
[Obligatory Wizard Tarrasque Story]
>>
>>52076873
I once played a Rogue who ran a thieves' guild out of the basement of a bakery.
>>
>>52082290
Yeah, our campaign has each in charge of a kingdom through various circumstances.
-Heiress to One Kingdom gets installed on throne of another
-Above heiress' dad makes his sister (me) Regent and retires
-Artificer becomes Chancellor of the Republic of Construct People
-Monastic Order Grandmaster
-Personal Cumpump to the Goddess of CE gets a castle, a portal to the infinite hells, and some imp minions

So we've all got our capitals that we're touching in different ways. I decided to build a Fortress in the Negative Energy Plane for when I REALLY don't want someone to fuck with something.

>>52083079
I love the thought that it was your character's mom/grandma who owned the bakery.
"Jeffrey? Would you like some cookies?"
"NO MOM. WE'RE PLOTTING THIEF STUFF."
>>
>>52078143
>weren't fond of them breaking the rules...
It's not like the demons are there to make sure treasure is only stolen fairly, they're there generally to kill intruders and only restrained by the conditions of how they were bound like "stay in this room and kill anyone who comes in".
The sound of excavation could certainly attract attention from more free roaming guardians though or have other consequences like hitting a pipe that's full of acid/poison for some trap.
>>
>>52083724
The DM adjusted the Tomb slightly for both Pathfinder and the setting. It wasn't one of the dungeon monsters that came after them. It was... basically, the builders of the dungeon, in this game, are an order of undead that make a pact with a single devil each. (Long story related to the story of the campaign.) This is the final test for those who are training to join. They contracted a few more to make sure people don't cheat.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.