[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 47

Real terror is not the sight of death, it is the fear of death edition

Previous: >>52048103

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/something-new-approacheth-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Who is your favorite NPC from the official WoD material?
>>
>>52059336
Is it possible for mages' mind to die in Astral? Want to do some dungeon crawl... IN ASTRAL!
>>
>>52059336

Dr. Douglas Netchurch, for WoD. Hendaid Bran for CofD.
>>
File: Van Helsing.jpg (29KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
Van Helsing.jpg
29KB, 360x450px
>>52059336
I'm rather fond of Sillivan Dane, because he's practically Peter Cushing's Van Helsing. The Chevalier de Thélème from Hunter: the Vigil is also pretty awesome. Honorable mentions go to the entire cast of Bloodlines, especially Knox, LaCroix and Mercurio.
>>
>>52059394
No, not unless a power an astral spirit or mind mage has is used. Otherwise you just rebound back to your body with zero willpower.
>>
>>52059590
Is there a written spell for this?
>>
>>52059336
where can i play this online, or is there a program like fantasy grounds but for this sistem?
>>
>>52059336
>Who is your favorite NPC from the official WoD material?

Samuel Heigh
>>
File: andrei.jpg (75KB, 892x896px) Image search: [Google]
andrei.jpg
75KB, 892x896px
>>52059336

because he is so bad, its actually hilarious
>>
>>52059600
Nope. You'd have to make it. psychic sword wouldn't work though because it attacks the brain essentially but it'd be unmaking most likely. mind flay doesn't seem to have special use in the astral and it doesn't seem something that would be common.
>>
File: vampire 2014-05-15 15-34-49-72.jpg (697KB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
vampire 2014-05-15 15-34-49-72.jpg
697KB, 2880x1620px
>>52059752

Bad in what way?
>>
>>52060116

He is not really a complex character nor he is orginal.

He is basically a cliche representation of whole Tzimisce clan in one person but he is pulled so well it 'works'.

He is this one of these hilarious gems that happen when for example 'le so randum' Malkavian is played good or something like that.

I just like him.

Also...
"Goodevening Deb..."
>>
>>52060259

He gets a really good monologue and sometimes that's all you need.
>>
How do you do political intrigue? As I've been reading through the Vampire books I realized that I actually have no idea not just how to create an interesting climate for drama but also how the hell I'm supposed to make it interesting. From what I can figure I guess that you create various characters in positions of power and give them competing motivations... but I don't know how to run a bunch of social encounters that are interesting and build up to something.

Any advice on how to run a politic/social heavy game would be appreciated.
>>
>>52060494

relation maps

not best way but its how i do it

you just can't come up with shit easy as most intrigue is by default very complex.

do a map of your main characters, put them in sub group factions etc and with arrows connect them witch each other by common interests

conflicts will arise
build on that

i know that you know how to make the powers that be, my point is that with very clear map of motivations of which faction at play it is easier to come up with missions on the go that such faction would give to the players

you just can see who is vulnerable to kindaping, assassination, which character wants to bribe, intimidate or recruit which and for what purpose

not much to you i guess but maybe it helps
>>
>>52059336
Saulot, he has fascinated me since I first read about him.
>>
>>52060708

Saulot is Tau of World of Darkness.
Neat on its own, but just kind of doesn't fit in.
>>
>>52060816
I don't see how you can arrive at that conclusion, can you expand ?
>>
File: 1460593339919.jpg (590KB, 628x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1460593339919.jpg
590KB, 628x1256px
>>52060816
>Saulot is Tau of World of Darkness.
>Neat on its own, but just kind of doesn't fit in.

Except when you consider the idea that Saulot was just pretending to be a nice guy all along, in which case it fits WoD perfectly... and that is a scenario that the upcoming Beckett's Jyhad Diary seems to be implying is true.
>>
File: SamHaighAd.gif (177KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
SamHaighAd.gif
177KB, 600x788px
>>52059336
>Who is your favorite NPC from the official WoD material?
Samuel Haight, hes the ultimate badass afterall.
>>
>>52060907

>expand
Not really. But i can kind of clarify if this shit will make sense.

Whole Salubri clan and Saulot is a really good read don't get me wrong. On its own its brilliant. Its just i don't really like idea of forced "goodness" in the setting about bloody vampires. Golconda should be personal journey and a mystery to solve and whole Clan based around the ideal? It was just weird in my opinion. Didn't fit. Like Tau in Grimdark.

Fact that most Salubri players i came across are borderline Mary Sue / That Guy's who just shit on a setting doesn't help.

How can i roleplay an internal struggle of hunger and a beast for most of the group if this one pseudo-philosophical fuck just mediates and refuses to kill shit because muh Saulot and muh Humanity.

In Vampire, Humanitiy is something to be LOST... not gain like a discipline. This is where most of roleplay juice comes from.

This is my opinion tho.
>>
>>52061116
>one pseudo-philosophical fuck just mediates and refuses to kill shit because muh Saulot and muh Humanity.
Sounds like a solid case for diablerie to me.
>>
>>52060960

T...that would be neat indeed.
But then again i played most of my WoD experiences back in 00', without much of books to so there is where my opinion about Saulot comes from.
>>
>>52060259
He's basically a stand-in for Vykos.

But also yes, the idea that in between preparing for Gehenna and trying to take over the city, he relaxes by trolling late-night radio talk shows is hilarious. It actually adds an unexpected extra dimension to his character.
>>
>>52060645
Thanks, that does actually help. I am confident that I can create decent characters in a vacuum, but connecting them was part of what got me. A relation map sounds very useful and kinda fun too. I guess once I figure that stuff out things will fall into place, cool.
>>
>>52061116
You joking?

You think the false messiah vampire who stole the secrets of enlightenment from the East and accidentally created a bloodline of demon-worshipers, spinning his prior shtick of 'be nice' to 'kill these dudes' in a heartbeat, let his entire clan be more or less wiped out so he could willingly allow himself to be diablerized by a sorcerous upstart purely for future machinations, doesn't belong in the world of darkness?
>>
>>52061247

wasn't this after retcon tho?

they hack the Saulot and Salubri a lot, actually it might be that they did it because he didn't really fit in.

again, i remember his shit mostly from 00' when the books still came out and ideas been relatively fresh
>>
File: Caiaphas_Smith.jpg (189KB, 652x836px) Image search: [Google]
Caiaphas_Smith.jpg
189KB, 652x836px
>>52059336
Caiaphas Smith.
>>
Tell me your promethean stories /CofDg/
>>
>>52060960

> the upcoming Beckett's Jyhad Diary

Done by whom? Never mind, I'll check it myself.

>Onyx Path

Yeah, nah, I ignore whatever shit they decide to slap onto the old stuff cause it usually tends to be worse than what was had before, and that's saying something.
>>
>>52062874
>my opinions are fact

Ey fuck off m8
>>
>>52062897

I didn't say anything of the sort, only that I would ignore the shit content that Onyx Path does, much like I ignored the shit content that WW did previously as well. That includes the Soul Eater/Asakku shit as well.
>>
File: VtM made saw played rev4.png (953KB, 1192x576px) Image search: [Google]
VtM made saw played rev4.png
953KB, 1192x576px
>>52054344

Revised and cleaned up because I was bored.
>>
If Gehenna wiped out all the Vampires but 13th generation or less, would it make for a better game than currently?
>>
>>52063584
The less vampires the better
>>
>>52048943
https://youtu.be/f4zyjLyBp64
>>
So anybody ever played Vampire the Eternal Struggle (the card game)? How is it?
>>
>>52063584
I'll assume you meant all vampires except 13th generation or higher. It'd be a mess to be sure. I've read somewhere that caitiff could grow more powerful if all elders were wiped out, "to preserve the blood" or some such. It might have been from We Drink Blood, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
File: Mage Tarot Knight of Questing.png (148KB, 192x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Tarot Knight of Questing.png
148KB, 192x320px
>>52059336
Could it be anyone else?

Motherfucking John Courage.
>>
Has anyone ever played the Lhiannan vampire bloodline? They're one of my favourites, and I'd like to know everyone's experience and thoughts on them.
>>
How much does Order jade your perspective on Hubris?

For example would a Guardian be fine with spying on people but say a Mystagogue would suffer degeneration if they did the same.
>>
What's the coolest thing you've done with the astral in cofd?
>>
>>52063849
That's probably just thin-blood superstition bullshit.
>>
File: Albrecht4.jpg (70KB, 389x545px) Image search: [Google]
Albrecht4.jpg
70KB, 389x545px
>>52059336

King Jonas Albrecht. I have a soft spot for the 'gruff ragamuffin exile turned destined monarch' trope, all the way back to Thorin Oakenshield when I read the Hobbit as a wee lad. I also appreciate that he is basically the Terry Bogard of the setting and wouldn't be out of place in an SNK fighting game.
>>
>>52062874

Agreed. I prefer Saulot's 'morality' to be left up to interpretation and mystery. Things being less explained in exactly detail adds a lot of nuance to the setting with the side benefit of creative control for STs.
>>
>>52065082

It is. There is no backup plan built into Vitae that magically turns them into Methusalehs or whatever. Its defenestration trying to excuse their right to exist when we all know they're gutter trash and the ones spawning them should be staked and left out for sunrise.

Really, genocide off anything higher than say, 7th or 8th would be ideal, before the uppity fucks spread like an STD in Africa and try their hands at diablerizing again like those upstart Anarchs.
>>
File: afdfsdf.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
afdfsdf.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>52061247
>>52061310
>>52060816
>>52060708
I hate people who don't get the concept that points of light in a grimdark setting are supposed to be there because they provide contrast.

Things like Saulot or the Sons of Ether or the Tau are there to show you that yes, there are 'good' people out there trying to be upright, optimistic, and benevolent, and yes, they do get some results, but they're so overwhelmed by the sheer scale of the problem and the number of people who don't give a fuck that they end up either getting burnt out or heroically sacrificing themselves in a move that doesn't actually move the world any closer to salvation.

A grimdark setting thats just "Bad Shit Bad Shit Bad Shit" all up in your face all the time is just goresploitation and misanthropy. The 'delusional' do-gooders are there to contrast with the utter depression of the overall setting.
>>
Are the magefags gone?
>>
File: Czar Vargo.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Czar Vargo.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>52059336
Czar motherfucking Vargo, rightful ruler of Terra by right of superior Science.
>>
>>52059336
How do Vampires in VTM feel about the dissipation of their society? After all- barring Gehenna, each year the average Generation drops as elders die and more vampires of the 13th generation are Embraced- a generation which can Sire only thin bloods- and one that is already the most common generation. Unless the Antedeluviand awaken and start mass embracing and don't end the world, the blood of Caine will thin into nothing within a millennium.

How do vampires feel about this?
>>
>>52065703

Most vampires, barring a few like Jack, who for some reason liked the thinbloods, think nothing of killing/culling the thinbloods.
>>
>>52065606
Well, the Saulot/ Tau comparison was utterly retarded, as he created the Baali, the Tremere (he's possessing Tremere himself), stole illumination (way to shit on the very concept of the thing), had the Wu Zao (or Watchers, by the Clambook and V20) collect/steal everything vaguely mystical , and the Salubri Antitribu as his personal army. He seems like a nice guy at first, but he's a crazy manipulator and that's very fitting for the WoD.
>>
File: IMG_0105.jpg (43KB, 305x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
43KB, 305x600px
>>52059336
Smiling Jack.

I love the idea of a Brujah Elder as this unkempt, vicious old bikerlike character, tough as leather, old and manipulative as any scheming Ventrue in his tower but pretending at being like today's youth- folks whispering he was a pirate in awe, failing to realize that means he was a murdering pillager.

A brutal old barbarian as clever as any other Elder but far more brutal, more Brujah, laughing in the face of anyone and everyone- telling them to shove it up their ass. Playing at being dumb but at the end of the day he rolls out alive and laughing while his supposed betters burn for not realizing he plays Jyhad just as much and far better.
>>
>>52061116
So fuck with them. You have all the character motivation in the world to be unfair to somebody lecturing that you're a junkie monster out of weakness and they're better than you. Say you're testing them and you'll even get away with it.
>>
>>52065815
The Salubri antitribu are working for Saulot? If anything I'd think they were trying to kill him, since Tremere is head of the Tremere antitribu in the Sabbat alongside the Salubri antitribu, while said Salubri were trying to slaughter as many Tremere (who serve Saulot in Tremere's body) as possible.

Gods that's overcomplicated.
>>
>>52065606

This.

You retards need to lighten (heh) up.
>>
>>52059336
Favorite NPC?
>OWoD
Toss up between Beckett and Theo Bell.
>NWoD
The Brides of Dracula: Anoushka, Mara and Lisette.
>>
>>52065833
He's not that old though, and he's only (in his canon appearance in a TT book) a 10th Generation, not an Elder.
>>
>>52065962
We only know for sure that they are his creation through Adonai (iirc), probably to have an inside source inside the Sabbat and to check on Tremere.
>>
>>52066279
Elder characters, under Elysium rules, start off a tenth and if he was a pirate that puts him well within the 200+ Age range required for that distinction.
>>
>>52066355
I keep forgetting that Pretender Elder starts at 10th Generation in one of the older TT books; I'm so used to using 8th Gen as the 'starting point' for Elder. My bad, continue on mate.
>>
>>52066279
According to the core book, V20, page 27, an Elder is a vampire between 200-1000 years of age. Jack may be 10th gen, but he was embraced in 1654, and born in 1611- he's near 400 years old, and definitely qualifies as an Elder.
>>
>>52066437
So that snobby manchild known as LaCroix is a fucking Elder?

Disgusting.
>>
>>52066415
You can be eldar by either age or gen, and when it comes down to it I'd be more cautious of a 500 year old 10th gen over a 100 year old 8th gen. Elders by age tend to have quite a wide disp spread when compared to one who went past dot 5
>>
So, how 'bout them Obrimos?
>>
>>52066523
Yeah; I'm used to Mind's Eye Theatre and there's a different set of criteria to be called elder in that.
>>
File: unicycle obrimos.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
unicycle obrimos.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
>>52066564
>>
>>52066586
For us basic vtm players minds eye is strange as fuck also, expecially the extra bloodlines and quazi bloodlines you got
>>
So Hill is no longer developing for OPP, according to his tweetor.
>>
>>52066677
Yeah, it's deffo different. Not bad, just different. I love all versions of vampire, it's just been forever since i've had the opportunity to play TT.
>>
File: Party_Hard.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Party_Hard.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>52066752
>>
>>52066771
As a noob, what is it?
>>
>>52066518

People have to respect him for a reason, after all.
>>
File: 1485580978027m.jpg (154KB, 1024x662px) Image search: [Google]
1485580978027m.jpg
154KB, 1024x662px
>>52066523
Go look at Theo Bell's stats. By criteria, He's one of the Ancillae but he has one of the most fearsome stat spreads that you'll ever see.
>>
>>52066591

Hello again, Best Piece of Mage Art.
>>
>>52066821
MInd's Eye Theatre? That's the live-action version of Vampire the Masquerade. It plays on the same base concepts, but the system is different (some Disciplines are reworked, for example), and a number of things are expanded to allow for large games (like, I've been to games with as few as near 20 and to games with as many as near 200). It's designed for a larger scale, with PCs taking up positions like Prince, Seneschal, Primogens, etc.

It's fun. I've been doing LARP since 2004 for both Masquerade and Requiem.
>>
File: LaCroix.png (78KB, 486x474px) Image search: [Google]
LaCroix.png
78KB, 486x474px
>>52066518
>>
>>52066752
My feelings are aptly described by >>52066790
>>
>>52066888/
MY BUDDY. How's that Diablerizing thing going?
>>
>>52066564
>>52066591

Nothing represents the awesome power of the Aether like a unicycle.

Who the hell was the art director on Mage 1e?
>>
>>52066878

Good MET's are rare as fuck. I've been to two, most fucking cringe experience in my life good fucking damn.

>>52066888

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ89WzVXe00

Hi croxy.
>>
>>52066942
I won't disagree there. I have been playing with a core group of about 20 in various forms throughout the years, and then we have anywhere from 10-20 others that come and go depending on what we're doing. We're about to end our current vampire run, and there's plans to do werewolf after, which seems like it'll be solid.

We have somehow avoided all the crazy shit you hear about Vampire LARPs, which I'm extremely grateful for.
>>
bastets and a heist themed campaign, ye or nay?
>>
>>52067016
lol cat burglars
>>
>>52066942

Please share stories of cringe.
>>
>>52066927

Hiring a famous line-art guy to do every single piece of art in the corebook seemed like a good idea at the time, and was actually marketed as a special thing about Awakening 1e, a selling point. Kaluta did the covers for the 1st and 2nd ed Ascension Traditionbooks, he'd done really good art in a *lot* of White Wolf properties.

It turns out that it's a very bad idea indeed, as even Kaluta, when faced with his 100th half-page, starts to slip.

But with that, as with the gold heading-font ink that was several shades brighter than the guys thought it was going to be, chalk it up to a learning experience.
>>
>>52067204
Weren't the covers for the Tradition books by Christopher Shy?
As for Kaluta, he's done some very good art yes, as much as I dislike MtAw 1e's art direction.
M20, despite Crazy Uncle Phil's ramblings, as a very good art direction, too (Kaluta and Shy among others).
>>
File: 201412_2135_facec.png (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
201412_2135_facec.png
92KB, 500x375px
>>52067033
>>
>>52067149

Can't be summarized in story format.

They were just... fuck.

Imagine a group where all of girls are attention whores and most people score so high on autism and being anti-social and akward its actually scary to be around them. People actually acting like they are vampires.

LARP is one thing, can be fun. Thinking you are a fucking vampire is another ball game entirely. For fuck sake dude who was playing a Werewolf barked at people off "stage" and walked about with big fluffy tail.

Imagine the pictures of MLP or Furry convention but with goths and "vampires".

Funnily enough only normal people i meet there was a older dude who played Hunter and actually was a avid hunter IRL, chick playing a nosferatu so this takes balls and guy playing non randum malkavian, he still talks to his bicycle from time to time. We all left for a beer after a while.
Had fun and even played couple sessions together.
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>52067204

Dave, did you personally greenlight all the art in Mage 2e?

What's with the Batrman Rogues Gallery for the Adamantine Arrow art?
>>
>>52067424
>DAT SWOLE JAWA
>>
>>52067424
>>52067434

>We will kill the Batman!
>>
>>52067424
So the more gnosis you have the worse your fashion sense becomes I guess..
>>
>>52067495
What if you have no taste even before Awakening?! My God, the visions! The visions did this!
>>
>>52067434

>he actually bought death sticks
>>
>>52067495
>>52067537

Exarchs confirmed to have the worst fashion sense of any cosmic beings.
>>
>>52067579
>they're also really sensitive about it
>the war is won by a bunch of archmages bullying the exarchs into suicide
>>
>>52067424
Those guys up top look MTG characters from the pre-Weatherlight era
>>
>>52067448
>Batman is the Lie
>Bruce Wayne must save us
>>
>>52067830
How in the hell would Batman save us from a whole race of magical versions of himself?
>>
>>52067310
The Revised Ascension trad and conv books are by Shy, the 1st/2nd tradbooks were by Kaluta. I do not recall who did the 1st/2nd ed conv books.
>>
>>52067424
I love swole Black Mage.

But no, art is not my department. We have an Art Director who is to the artists what we Devs are to the writers. First I see of art is when it's been laid out and I'm performing the dance of page xx.
>>
>>52067870

why you are assuming he is black

damn he might be made from onyx from what i know
>>
>>52067870
>swole Black Mage

He definitely looks more Guardian than Arrow.
>>
Trying to get a V:TES collection going. Does anyone make reproductions like they do with MTG or is it not popular enough?
>>
>>52067846
My bad then, since I started with Revised I'm probably too used to the Shy covers.
>>
File: Vivi.jpg (17KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Vivi.jpg
17KB, 320x224px
>>52067901
>Black Mage
All offense Spell Lists. No pussy Heal spells. Total Arrow. VIVI FOR LIFE
>>
File: chivi.png (142KB, 400x469px) Image search: [Google]
chivi.png
142KB, 400x469px
>>52067993

Oh, How can one not love Vivi.
>>
>>52066752
I'm guessing his 'bad guys win' thing is regarding Zak S?
>>
File: Gurahl with Life mage Waifu.jpg (184KB, 720x975px) Image search: [Google]
Gurahl with Life mage Waifu.jpg
184KB, 720x975px
How can werewolfcucks even compete?
>>
>>52067424

How come there are no women in the Adamantine Arrow art?

Surely there were more than a few female Batman rogues upon which the artist could have based a mage.
>>
>>52068031

Is the bear, woman or both a Thyrsus?
>>
>>52068036
>muh womenz

Please, do us a favor and shut up.
>>
>>52067993
>I'll take 'WHO IS BEST BLACK MAGE?!' for $10000000, Alex.
>>
>>52068026
Probably. I don't know what he was expecting, honestly.
>>
>>52068085
Verbena waifu with Gurahl husbando in Ursus form
>>
>>52068135
Something perfect and wonderful that doesn't violate his extremely picky and narrowly defined sense of right and wrong?
>>
File: Tarot XII The Hanged Man.png (164KB, 200x363px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot XII The Hanged Man.png
164KB, 200x363px
>>52067149
Alright, this one is fairly recent but requires some context.
>Be in a university RPG club.
>Start playing with a really solid group.
>Doing D&D and hitting all the notes.
>We have fun and we generally like each other.
>We're still together to this day, hootin' and hollerin'
>We rotate GM/ST duties so that no one gets burnt out.
>My turn comes up.
>Suggest Masquerade.
>They try it and I pencil in for the summer term.
>I'm the only person in the group who has any experience with WoD and it's quite extensive.
>I give them standard mortal character creation array and tell them come up with a regular person who has no knowledge of the supernatural.
>I get a Taoist Priest, A washed up martial artist, his aspiring actor student, a writer, a washed up 90's rock star, a hit man and a legit klansman.
>Son, I am proud.
>Oct 30, 2015; HAHA FUCKERS! SURPRISE SHOVEL PARTY!
>run vampire.exe
>run drinkblood.init
>I put them through a quick, diceless shovelparty heavily based on Young Goodman Brown.
>The washed up martial arts instructor tries to be a hero and gets a sucking chest wound for his troubles as well as the permanent wound flaw.
>Over the head they are bashed...
>Into the grave they go...
>And then...
>>
>>52067870
He's black? I thought he was some kind of racist shading of arab.
>>
>>52068207
I guess. Ah well. Maybe Changeling 2e will actually not suck now.
>>
>>52068207

I think he was expecting White Wolf to not hire a guy who considers Hill (and all of 4chan too, apparently?) one of his "Salieris" and has fans that tried to stalk his kids. Or for White Wolf to not just go, "Zak S. did nothing wrong" as their idea of a PR tactic less than a week later.

I'm pretty OPP in general was expecting none of those things to happen.
>>
>>52068678

The book's done, they're going to release it as is anyways. Even when a new developer comes on board, they'll still be bound to the core rule book as a base. Nothing about Changeling 2e will change, whether it's good or bad. Sorry.
>>
>>52068687

>ZakS is butthurt about 4chan and can't do anything about it because sockpuppeting and doxxing doesn't mean shit here

Funniest thing ive read all week, really cheered me up.
>>
Mage supremacy meme is dying down

Thank fucking god
>>
File: Tarot XIII Death.png (171KB, 200x363px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot XIII Death.png
171KB, 200x363px
>>52067149
>>52068310
>...The PC's wake up in the back of the same Van used to speed them to the de-consecrated graveyard near Malibu Canyon, as though it were all a dream.
>As they pass through the city of industry, they manage to look out through one of the side windows just in time to see a souped up muscle car slam into their van before the occupants get out, Machine Gun the drivers and then poke around, looking to see what they were hauling.
>The gangbangers bust the lock off of the back of the van and open it up, take one look inside and shout "HOLY FUCK!"
>The fight is on and after liquidating the gangbangers, the shovelheads missed on their creation rites, still aren't entirely sure that they're vampires and are out on streets dodging the cops and free.
>The rest of the game is simple. It's about one thing. Unraveling the mystery of what happened to them, why it happened to them and what brought them to that point.
>It turns out that they were shoveled to attack a party being held by the Ventrue Primogen who was sold out by the... Ventrue Primogen who was looking to fake his own final death as cover for a defection to the sabbat.
>The players were offered the opportunity to figure this out in exchange for recognition from the Prince who was reigning over the recently conquered domain of Los Angeles and had to show a bunch of former anarchs that he was a new kind of Prince.
>I ran that game decently enough, though I had my share of slip ups and I wasn't totally innocent, the game went forward and people kept coming back. Then it comes time to rotate GMs again.
>For context, I'm this guy >>52063169 and this guy >>52054344
>He's a grad student and Ivy League Fuckboi. Like all Ivy League fuckbois, he's sure of his infallibility and the fact that his shit won't stink.
>His initial idea is to run a game about the Illuminati trying to kickstart the end of the world/ascension.
>And then...
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
File: Warwick_HyenaSkin.jpg (544KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Warwick_HyenaSkin.jpg
544KB, 1215x717px
Would you guys play in a hengeyokai super sentai, or a (south american) Ahadi mixed group?
>>
>SWOLE JAWA SUPREMACY!
>>
File: smug baby.png (53KB, 237x197px) Image search: [Google]
smug baby.png
53KB, 237x197px
Which Legacy is the smuggest? Besides the Daksha.
>>
>>52068687
Wait what?
>>
>>52069024

Thrice-Great
>>
Does a newly embraced fledgling have all 3 dots in disciplines automatically, or do they have to learn them? And how do they know how to use them? Take Auspex 2: would a fledgling Vamp need someone to explain how to activate aura sight, or would they just know?
>>
>>52069036

OK, so, ZakS claims that he's got 20 or so "Salieris", people who secretly love his output but can't handle that they love it so they try to tear him down. One of those is "Anonymous". If I recall correctly it's on his blog somewhere.
>>
>>52069144
Disciplines such as Potence, Celerity, etc [or their Requiem counterparts if you're referencing that game] are just extensions of the vampiric form and are relatively easy to learn or even immediately learned.

Others are slightly harder, sometimes requiring a teacher but other times just developed through trial and error.

Sort of like Clark in Man of Steel, your fledgling may be sitting in a club watching the lights when aura sight flickers on, out of focus, and he learns that by concentrating just-so he can use it.
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (73KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
73KB, 490x333px
>>52069180
Classic projection from Smith
>>
>>52069180
So he's crazy then?
>>
>>52069241
So crazy, he thinks Hill is a direct threat to him
>>
>>52069353
Like in the company or in that he thinks Hill is going to attack him physically? Because one of those is reasonable enough in that it seems like an actual risk in operating in any kind of company. The latter is nuts unless Dave Hill is known for beating people up or something.
>>
>>52069588
>an actual risk
He is a communist.
>>
Does a ex-ghoul retain their sleepwalker status?
>>
>>52069822
I'd rule no.
>>
While I have problems with how Hill handled Changeling I didn't want it to end this way. Hill has his faults but Zak S. is just straight up a bad person.
>>
What can be done to improve Beast?
>>
>>52070126
Ignore it
>>
>>52070126
>>52070126
Make them former humans who've suddenly lost their ability to function in society.

Wait, that's Vampire's schtick.
>>
>>52070175
Um, make them humans who have an otherworldly passenger influencing their actions?

Wait, fuck, isn't that Geist?
>>
>>52070126
Make them ancient monsters who struggle to find their place in a modern world.

Wait, isn't that Mummy?
>>
Is this the Mage supremacy thread?
>>
>>52070363
No, /pfg/ is over there:
>>52067549
>>
File: Tarot XVII The Star.png (176KB, 199x361px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot XVII The Star.png
176KB, 199x361px
>>52068948
>>52068310
>>52067149
>...Despite the fact that he's a complete n00b, he picks the game up and moves it to the bay area. I can't really fault him for this because I rebuilt the Los Angeles setting from the ground up because I'm from the high desert and it was the closest metropolitan area.
>A n00b ST throws away a fully fleshed out version of LA, built from the ground up to take into account 2nd Ed. Metaplot and the continuation of revised minus the Kuei-Jin/Wan Kuei.
>He asks me for advice and outlines his plans.
>It involves an unholy alliance between the Sabbat, the technocracy and a mokole abomination.
>They are trying to reformat the universe by selling ancient hebrew charms to the world that function as fuel-less power sources.
>There are seeds of a good idea here.
>He also lets one of his players run an abomination.
>He doesn't do anything with that. He doesn't do anything at all. He ports over Sebastian Melmoth (AKA Oscar Wilde) from one of the oldest source books and that's the extent of the worldbuilding that he does.
>He focuses on running his story in which someone blows up a dorm room on the UC Berkeley campus (For some reason)
>This leads us to the Bohemian club in San Francisco in which we encounter female blood brothers that were just copied and pasted over from the primary Tzimisce antagonist of my campaign. All four of them.
>He sends them after all of us at once.
>In our desperation, we throw dynamite at them and hope for the best.

>>52070126
Nothing. It's an idea that I had when I was fifteen.
>>
File: Tarot O The Fool.png (165KB, 199x363px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot O The Fool.png
165KB, 199x363px
>>52067149
>>52068310
>>52068948
>>52070457
>In the meantime, he's let our twackiest player, who is his old college buddy from Yale, play a Tlacique Setite/Wendigo.
>He's connected to all of this hebrew word magic through... umm... reasons.
>But that doesn't matter because when we meet Sebastian Melmoth (AKA Oscar Wilde), despite the fact that we just blew up the headquarters of the illuminati (Who want to market kaballah-powered cigarette lighters to the masses... because reasons) invites us to a hackathon.
> Had built my character, remember I'm this guy >>52063169 and this guy >>52054344 , to be able to thrive in the tech sector. Another thing that he wanted to do in addition to the illuminati, Sabbat.
>In addition to that, we were supposed to get Tech startups going.
>...Somehow.
>Also, this is somehow supposed to tie into the disciplines of Protean, Serpentis, Vicissitude etc. because reasons.
>All of the shapeshifty disciplines.
>So, we go through his game.
>We make a tech startup and we go with it... only that plotline is abandoned.
>We break into an illuminatus' house using a stolen wi-fi jammer... only that plotline is abandoned.
>In the meantime, he drops ten pages of home-brew rules based upon D&D first edition for his vanity project
>So, I'm there as the experienced GM whispering in his ear.
>I encourage him to abandon crossover bullshit and to find a way to run his game entirely within the context of vampire.
>The other experienced GM, I later find out, does the same thing.
>He never listens.
>So, after we abandon those plotlines, we go to a private concert staged by Mr. Melmoth's (AKA Oscar Wilde) super best friend, Ian Anderson.
>Yes, this Ian Anderson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZOeB-9D6Y
>Mr. Ian Anderson (AKA Jethro Tull) Turns out to be a super old English methusalah and...
>...Because he was out of time and we alternate between GMs per college term...
>...And then...
>>
File: Tarot XVI The Tower.png (163KB, 199x364px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot XVI The Tower.png
163KB, 199x364px
>>52067149
>>52068310
>>52068948
>>52070457
>>52070886
>Now, considering that our Twackiest and most fratricidal player is, in fact, an abomination I built my character for extreme levels of violence.
>Abomination player has to go back and redo all of his work in international law because Trump wins the presidency and everything he's been working on these last few years is useless due to the fact that they were sure that Clinton was going to win so he leaves the game.
>We finally get a name for our adversary... the AGENTS OF UNSONG!
>The unholy Illuminati in collusion with the Sabbat and Technocracy who want to...
>...umm... market lighters and magic words that will undo your divorce and make blood from water...?
>Now some of these things have applications but if we use them before the street date, THE AGENTS OF UNSONG will send the HITMarks that they have somehow aquired after us.
>Oh, yeah. The last encounter was seven HITMarks versus our five vampires who started as mortals and had 100 XP dropped on them and not everyone invested in combat.
>So to pry an address out of the great and ancient Vampire, Ian Anderson, we need to best him in a trial. The Hit Man from >>52068310 who came up Toreador on the random shavelhead generation table chose to become the best Toreador that he could be and had learned how to play the Saxophone because his player was also in IDGAF mode like everyone else at the table.
>He beats THE GREAT METHUSALAH IAN ANDERSON at a saxophone duel and we get the location of the brains behind all of this horseshit.
>The Bohemian Club. We pretend to be a bunch of trump supporters and crash a van loaded with gasoline into it while the klansman turned Assamite (oh irony of ironies) starts screaming #MAGA and shooting guns in the air.
>Then, for some reason, n00b storyteller decides to drop ten pages of rules for hebrew magic words on us.
>I swear I am not making any of this up.
>And then...
>>
File: Tarot XI Justice.png (165KB, 199x362px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot XI Justice.png
165KB, 199x362px
>>52067149
>>52068310
>>52068948
>>52070457
>>52070886
>>52071179
>...We ignore all of it.
>We proceed to kill everyone in the room.
>My Combat Elvira build is taking Sabbat Skulls like they're fucking Pokemon.
>Again, he photocopied every encounter so we were fighting three identical 10th Generation Lasombra with Abyss mysticism.
>He didn't make any of these NPCs. He just farmed them out to the players for 2 experience points per NPC.
>Guess who made all of them with the exception of Mr. Sebastian Melmoth.
>Yeah, me. The only seasoned player in the group. He just photocopied a template that I made (Complete stats with the biographical information left blank) and didn't bother to fill any of it in.
>He didn't bother to learn the rules. He was searching for virtues on mage templates that he ported over whole-cloth when someone used Presence 2 on one of the HITMarks that was SOMEHOW working with the Sabbat and the dreaded AGENTS OF UNSONG
>HITMarks that he threw at us four at a time at 1 AM when some of us had to be at work in the morning...
>Finally, I'm in dat Horrid Form, the single strongest physical buff in the game and I activate celerity and potence and I start busting through walls until I find the archives.
>We escape just in time to have N00b ST's character from the last game pick us up and exfiltrate us from the Bohemian club as he talks about something that happened in Paraguay (Or something)
>We wrap up, assign XP and hand the game off to a competent GM.
>A week or so later, N00b GM tries to introduce a house rule regarding the crazy shit we encountered inside the bohemian club. Any of the shapeshifty disciplines could be COMBINED to give us access to the 6+ disciplines. Like his character, who rolled Tzimisce (Yes I made them dice off for their clans when they got shoveled.)
>All of this shit that he dragged us through was solely so that he could get Vicissitude 6 on his 11th gen.
>A competent GM takes over his game and kiboshes all of that.

~fin
>>
File: 1485878999969.jpg (218KB, 1784x896px) Image search: [Google]
1485878999969.jpg
218KB, 1784x896px
>>52059520
Strauss was exactly what a Tremere should be. Manipulative, unsettling, buying a little too much into his own mystique, a few skeletons in the closet and clearly having way too much fun playing with magic.
>>52059752
Pic related.
>>
>>52069180
Now thats one hell of a fucking ego. I could claim I was God and not be as narcissistic as this prick.
>>
>>52069047
Yeah, but they're great.
>>
File: Deb_of_Night_by_Melna.jpg (289KB, 766x900px) Image search: [Google]
Deb_of_Night_by_Melna.jpg
289KB, 766x900px
>>52071381

I never really liked that fanart of Deb, reminds me too much of that midget from Youtube.
>>
>>52070126
Give them the role of protecting the Temenos from incursions from the Anima Mundi. They'd sort of be like antibodies for the collective human consciousness.
>>
>>52071493

I liked to imagine that Deb was a nozzie who just happened to have a really nice voice
>>
>>52071489
Thrice over, even.
>>
A Mage and her Magical Tool
>>
My Mage is pregnant what is the best spirit to put inside my womb to care for my unborn child.
>>
>>52072491
what shadow name/persona should I have to make it so being naked can be used as Yantra?
>>
>>52072584
That's not how a Shadow Name works.
You can have a Shadow Name about being a pure angelic being of kindness and restraint, and still draw upon its power while neck deep in dicks, and high as a kite.
Shadow Name about the effect, not what you're wearing.
Unless your spell is about changing what you're wearing.

That sounds more like a naturalist Legacy, granting a +1 yantra for discarding the trappings of "artificial" society.
Or perhaps some kind of "purity" legacy celebrating the unadorned physical form
>>
>>52072574
Hopefully something that doesn't like the taste of fetus.
>>
>>52071381
Strauss was my nigga.
>>
File: ew.jpg (11KB, 236x275px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
11KB, 236x275px
>>52072574

Eeeewwwwwwwww
>>
>>52072745
Correction. You were his nigga.
>>
Anyone running mage 2e in the philippines?
>>
>>52072574
Can spirits Claim fetuses? Newborns?
>>
>>52073580
yes get ready for the werefag abortionists and the antiChirst Profilers
>>
Man, Dark Ages V20 seems so much better than the normal V20. Might even use it for modern campaigns
>>
>>52072610
>That sounds more like a naturalist Legacy, granting a +1 yantra for discarding the trappings of "artificial" society.
The Fallen Pillar.
>>
>>52074207
How so?
>>
>>52074494
>No Camarilla/Sbbat bullshit
>No "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR" BULLSHIT
>Almost no meta-plot
>book has better art
>better origins for some bloodlines
>More interesting clans
>>
>>52074540
>>No Camarilla/Sbbat bullshit
>>No "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR" BULLSHIT
>>Almost no meta-plot
>>book has better art
>>better origins for some bloodlines
Requiem?
>>
>>52074494
For one it uses the not-retarded rules for multiaction
>>
>>52074614
>Requiem
>Better art
>>
Does an uratha in any form except gauru have to roll to not fall unconscious if they get their bashing track filled?
>>
File: V20Dracula.jpg (106KB, 558x850px) Image search: [Google]
V20Dracula.jpg
106KB, 558x850px
>>52074650
OH HI Mark
>>
>>52062814
Mine Negro
>>
Which books are you the more impatient to have? I'm really curious about V20 Lore of the Bloodlines and M20 Book of the Fallen, and Wraith 20 for the kss.
>>
Someone wants to hear the story of my first session of WtA last wednesday? Today there will be the next one. If people want I can also post some backstory of the PC and the setting. I found it funny.
>>
>>52061210
In addition to what that guy said, I also recommend boon maps. In fact, if you're running a Cam game, this is where a lot of intrigue and politics comes from: who owes whom. Everyone in Cam is connected to one another through boons. Which created a lot of drama if Vampire A owes a major boon to Vampire B but he hates Vampire C who is owed a boon by Vampire B. And so each of them will try and subtly screw each other over so that the boon can be repaid with something trivial or the boon document can be conveniently lost or the vampire owes you a boon now because of something you set up. So many things you can do with boons. Get your pcs into the boon web asap - have them owe a boon but also have someone else owe them boons. See how much more interesting the whole thing becomes.

Read Protocols of Camarilla, it goes in great detail into politics
>>
>>52064042
My ST had one as an NPC in Britain. She woke up from torpor, was pretty cool. Gave my ghouled animal Obfuscate. Wish I could play as one but with their clan weakness I just don't see it happening, they're too tied to their territory
>>
>>52065703
>each year the average Generation drops
Now that's just not true. The generation keeps increasing, sure. But it takes centuries, not years
>>
File: 1421060609513.png (163KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
1421060609513.png
163KB, 300x283px
>>52072491

Tohsaka Rin pleases old Mages for mana DOHOHOHO.

So, more of a general question. What are the differences in first and second edition MtAW?

What I've heard so far has me less than thrilled, and not just because I cant be bothered with learning the revised ruleset.

As I understand it, we're given more "canon answers" as to how things are as opposed to the toolkit approach of 1e, Mages are now disgustingly overpowered, with their only limiter being the Morality stat (which I've never been a big fan of), and a cool-sounding but slow as hell "reach and grasp" mechanic that limits freeform casting and further constricts the possibilities of how magic can work.

That's the read i've gotten, can anyone who has actually sunken the money into the revision tell me what their takeaway is? I'm kind of on the fence about investing in 2e, especially considering I don't feel like learning yet another iteration of a ruleset i get mixed up with other versions.
>>
>>52068687
Somebody please give me a TL;DR on this whole drama. and/or a screencap of Hill whining
>>
>>52074540
>better origins for some bloodlines
You better not be saying the Ahrimanes and Nictuku have better fucking origin stories than the older version
>>
>>52075335
Smith is a stalker who photoshoped hill's kids into coughunpleasantcough imagery
He got hired by Drac because the're facebook friends to write the new app
Wrote a revenge fic against his detractors
Hill gave his two week notice
nunuWW denied everything
Moral is low
>>
>>52075330
>we're given more "canon answers" as to how things are as opposed to the toolkit approach of 1e
Not that I know of. I mean, the Seers are in the corebook, but it seems pretty open to me.

>Mages are now disgustingly overpowered
You mean they weren't in 1e? That aside, since Arcanum dots are now tied to Practices, some speedbumps fall by the wayside.

>with their only limiter being the Morality stat
Not at all. Wisdom doesn't limit anything.

>and a cool-sounding but slow as hell "reach and grasp" mechanic that limits freeform casting and further constricts the possibilities of how magic can work.
I don't really see how it's slow. Basically, to get more bang out of your spells, you can spend Reach. You've got free Reach depending on your Arcanum rating and the rating of the spell, further Reaching is very much possible and unlimited, but makes you run the risk of Paradox. So it actually does the opposite: You can cast damn impressive spells (provided you have the Arcanum dots for it), but the grander you want it, the greater the risk of Paradox.

All in all, the system is a significant improvement, and the corebook seems pretty comprehensive on the other stuff.
>>
>>52075335

ZakS, alleged harassing campaign organizer and known shit stirrer, has a particular hatred for anyone who doesn't have his opinions on what it means to be a true leftist, pop culture, and tabletop games. Hill happened to end up on the wrong side of that, and anyone who ends up on Zak's bad side just so happen to get stalked and harassed by random Internet people, coincidentally not long after Zak complains about them.

So Hill and his kids got stalked by him, to the point where Zak has to "jokingly" call off the stalking of his kids.

Cut to now, ZakS is hired by the head of White Wolf to write the VtM prelude because they're Facebook buddies, and that doesn't get announced until the day it comes out. People across the Internet go "uh, what" and White Wolf blogs a week later saying that none of it is true, then blogs later that they didn't mean to call everyone a liar, and also they made Zak promise to not harass and stalk people so he can work on VtM 5e (which means he's probably writing or doing art for the upcoming corebook, if not the entire new line).

Hill decides to stop taking work from OPP, since they're still paying money to the company that hired someone whose fans tried to stalk him. Nothing will probably change for now, but there's a clear tension between OPP as a writer community and White Wolf itself. Apparently there's meetings going on in the background, and OPP needs to figure out what to do since Hill is an integral part in a lot of CofD books, both announced and otherwise.
>>
>>52075019
> V20 Lore of the Bloodlines
Wait, aren´t we getting this today?
>>
>>52075335
White Wolf hires ZackS for the vampire prelude interactive fiction.
ZackS is an asshole with a reputation of internet bullying that loves bullying Hill as he goes "literally shaking" everytime.
Hill goes literally shaking upon reading the news.
There's some good bits of drama on rpg.net and the opp forums.
WWP makes a blog post saying they've heard about ZackS bullying peoples but it's either exagerrated or past errors.
Hill resigns.
The reactions here are quite tame, excepts for some Anons hating ZackS since previous dramas, and others hating Hill for his SJW bullshit.
FYI, the Mage "Prelude" is alright, the Vampire one (from ZackS) is mostly shit.
>>
>>52075512

It's slow in that going through the spell casting system can be quite a learning curve for people new to the game or edition. By the end of a quick campaign with it, I knew exactly how to use it, but the first few sessions were slow going compared to my games in 1e, even considering the new edition learning speedbumps.
>>
>>52075546
>alleged
Known
>>
File: spellcasting.jpg (591KB, 2250x1463px) Image search: [Google]
spellcasting.jpg
591KB, 2250x1463px
>>52075577
You mean this 1ed casting?
>>
>>52075560
I don't know, I missed the kickstarter and I don't recall it being mentioned as near release in monday meeting notes.
>>
>>52075587

Oh we all know he's setting it all up, I'm just using "alleged" in a legal sense. No one can prove in a court of law that he's responsible, you have to follow the patterns to know and that's why his friends can circle the wagons around him.

What can be proven is that he's a total sockpuppeter, like when he got caught pretending to be an RPGnet historian so he could promote himself on Reddit.
>>
>>52075623
>I don't recall it being mentioned as near release in monday meeting notes.
It´s not, I just checked. Oh, fuck, seriously, how can this fucks be so slow?
>>
>>52075577
Sure, on the other hand, you don't have to calculate quite as much with successes and dicepool modifiers. Playing Mage means you want a rules-heavy magic system with lots of different options, so it seems to do what it sets out to not half badly.
Also, >>52075610
>>
>>52075610

Yeah, that one. 1e doesn't frontload the amount of penalties and bonuses to spellcasting and instead uses Successes as a Potence rating. This keeps the the dice pool mostly intact, but also makes magic a bit harder to use since Potence becomes the "real" target number of successes.

2e chooses instead to make certain that a spell that has at least one success on the dice roll will do exactly what you want it to do, which means that the Spell Factor and Tools/Yantra/etc Tango will slow down the process more than 1e edition casting will. This is specifically why Quick and Dirty Spellcasting is a thing. It's a fair trade off, but it will turn off people.
>>
>>52075571
I was pleasantly surprised that the Mage Prelude, despite being set in modern Sweden with the refugee crisis had a Tradition, a Technocrat and a Nephandi ending.
>>
>>52074540
>more interesting clans

are nwodfags this delusional?
>>
>>52075702

Oh, I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually better than last edition. It's just going to be a bit of a play speedbump for people.
>>
>>52075740
>are nwodfags this delusional?
why people just read the last post, not everything?

>>52074207
>>
>>52075740
The anon you quoted is talking about V20 Dark Ages though.
>>
>>52075546
Woah. So leftist harassed a leftist? Also is this Zac's writing any good at all? Because I couldn't give a shit about what he does as long as he can write
>>
>>52075740
He's talking about Dark Ages V20, retard.
>>
>>52075763
reading is for chumps MEMES EVERYWHERE

>SUPREME PIZZA MAGE
>>
>>52075895
I loved Vornheim and A Red and Pleasant Land. Didn't check Maze of the Blue Medusa, not my cup of tea.

You will probably love or hate his art.
>>
>>52075895
I've read the Vampire prelude on my phone (you can also get it on steam, and will see a phone with a wallpaper).
Honestly, the medium is used well (you're reading text conversations), the ambiance 'music' and artworks are alright.
The story itself is pretty shit, has almost nothing to do with the World of Darkness and the writing is edgy fanfic-tier.
>>
>>52075895
He wrote We Eat Blood, the first VtM visual novel or whatever it is for Dracula's grand new WoD, which is pretty bad. I have no clue about his other writing, but he's an asshole and any amount of good writing won't change it.
>>
>>52075743
Granted. I actually haven't even thought about getting the rules across, my prospective players would need to grok the orders and the world first.
>>
>>52074540

>better art

It's not really hard to have better art than V20 though.

I dislike DA20 because there's too much fucking focus on female vampires in regards of art.
>>
>>52075895
>is this Zac's writing any good at all?
Ha, no.

Read We Eat Blood.
>>
>>52075512

Point 1: cannon answers as in "this is when the diamond actually came about, the abyss is a thing that is not, and so on.

I liked the idea that the Diamond orders, Free Council, and Banishers in one shape or another were intrinsic to reality in a way the Seers never could be.

I have my own ideas about Atlantis, the abyss, nature of reality, etc that were viable options in 1e yet allegedly tossed out in 2.

Point 2: Mages under 1e rules weren't able to just roflstomp almost every other splat. And considering mages are supposed to be one of the more "common" splats.

point 3: A lot of stuff now causes wisdom dings and zero wisdom means permanent magic autism

Point 4: It's just the Yantras and all the other crap really don't do it for me.

Also Dave nutrides the Guardians way too hard. I almost always play Free Council, which he's apparently changing to be less "technomage" and more "magic hipster".

Furthermore, Blank Badges>11th Question.
This is scientific fact, Dave.
>>
>>52076035
>there's too much fucking focus on female vampires in regards of art.

>What?! You misogynist piece of shit!

>Are you a fag? Why don't you wanna see women?!

>Really? I didn't notice that, I think you are exaggerating
>>
File: VtDA 11.png (3MB, 1112x1464px) Image search: [Google]
VtDA 11.png
3MB, 1112x1464px
>>52076145

Nah, I don't hate women. I just wanna see cool looking dudes in Dark Ages artwork, that I could then conveniently use for my own purposes down the line.

Although, shit like this, they can keep for the female vampires, I don't care about them getting shitty photoshop as "art".
>>
What's the difference between VTR 1e, and VTR 2e?
>>
>>52076218
Also, should I bother with 2e? I've not really heard much wrong with 1e, and it's what I am used to.
>>
>>52076114
Well, without knowing what these ideas are, I can't really help you very much with that, but as far as I read it (and to be fair, my last reading of 1e was some time ago), most options are still open. Atlantis is more of a myth than in the 1e core, but then again, that doesn't mean that there wasn't an amazing Awakened city.

Splat balance isn't a focus. I'm not sure about the roflstomping, because I don't know the other splats very well. If you really like your crossover, I guess that really is a negative point.

I'm not seeing much more Wisdom dings than before, and I'm not really sure what you mean with "permanent magic autism". Zero Wisdom made you unplayable in 1e, too, and as far as I see, Wisdom really only influences how long Paradox conditions last.

As is said upthread, Mage frontloads a lot of stuff. I think Yantras are quite cool, because they're a reason to be more "wizardy", but I can see how they could be too much.

Free Council actually always had the "Humanity is Magical" angle, and was shoehorned into being only technomages. You can of course still be a magical hacker from the Council.

And yes, Blank Badges are awesome.
>>
>>52076190
Gods, that hand.
>>
>>52076267
>magical hacker
>not from the Guardians
>>
>>52076267
>Blank Badges
Hands down the best legacy that's almost fit for PCs as long as everyone is on board for some good ol' fashioned terrorism.
There my third favorite.
Timori>Echo Walkers>Blank Badges
>>
In which book can I find Merits and Flaws for oWoD Demons?
>>
>>52076353
The Player's Guide is usually where they tuck away the good ones, though the Demon the Fallen core also has a handful IIRC.
>>
>>52076372
I didn't find any in the core book.
>>
Do you have any favorite homebrewers on the OP forums? For CoD, I love Reighnhell, Amechra, Claire Redfield, Falco1029 and Pendragon.
>>
>>52076516
ZakS
>>
>>52075512
>You mean they weren't in 1e? That aside, since Arcanum dots are now tied to Practices, some speedbumps fall by the wayside.
They were strong but they did have weaknesses. Unless they ritual cast everything, instant spellcasting wasn't that great and getting caught unprepared meant they were screwed. They couldn't just respond to ambushes with unmaking praxis to the face. Or lethal/ agg with an automatic four damage.
>>
>>52076557
His brew is so good it got a Communist to surrender.
>>
>>52076559
That sounds a little weird. A sudden unexpected ambush in an alley is one of the few things a mage should get fucked by, even if they're just determined thugs with knives.
>>
File: RE4Ending.png (940KB, 1240x918px) Image search: [Google]
RE4Ending.png
940KB, 1240x918px
>>52076035
>too much fucking focus on female
>>
>>52076516
DarkArchon and Aspel's are quite good, you should check them if you haven't already.
>>
>>52076610
>DarkArchon and Aspel

Please tell me this is sarcasm?
>>
>>52076588
They aren't. Not even a little the spells are more loaded. An attack spell is basically a ranged weapon with arcana in dots. Shielding is an attainment and it's better than most tools available without the need for anything. The only issue is when another master anbushes you, unless you have the same arcana you are dead.
>>
>>52076635
Of course.
>>
File: 1467855118452.png (309KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
1467855118452.png
309KB, 392x714px
>>52076610
>>
>>52075208
Actually, in the V20 Dark Ages they (thankfully) got rid of that weakness, making them very playable now. Their main weakness was changed to the dying spirit in their bloodline (to the point where some newer Lhiannans weren't able to pass on the curse/gift).
>>
>>52076035
>>52076145
>>52076190
>>52076605
This actually got me wondering, do the books ever mention what the gender split is in the general vampire population? Is being a vamp more of a sausage fest or a taco party?
>>
>>52076267

MY IDEAS LET ME SHOW YOU THEM

The universe had, or still has, multiple layers. When reality broke, many of these layers shattered and the remnants float in the abyss.
Those lost layers were home to the "atlantis" mages speak of.

In other words, there were several such places, which is why the records from ruins have a tendency not to match up.

Occasionally one of these will find it's way into the world, becoming a "ruin" as a result of the effects the abyss has on such places. some are tainted beyond viability.

The abyss is unshaped. I choose to differentiate between "Scelestus" and "Nefandi." The former seeks to conquer and shape the abyss, the latter to serve it for easy power.

>>52076331

I had a GG Allin-esque blank badge in my last game, I'm playing another one, his student, a former seer pawn he showed the truth to who's more of a "yes men" type character who sabotages seer events with lots and lots of sleeper pawns present.

Echo Walkers are also tight, I love the whole "grey hat" aspect of them and the Fangs of Mara.

Timori, as written, are basically magic rapists. I suppose you could take one in a black comedy/rapeman direction.

I honestly would prefer the idea that the modern Timori are Banishers who struggle to come to terms with magic and mages, rejecting the banisher "condition" as opposed to being "super-evil". I'm not sure what direction I would take that in in terms of attainment or whatever.
>>
>>52076729
Well Bram's Drac had three wives, took on a mistress, and was trying to cuck his realtor. So thats a thing.
>>
>>52076588
>mage should get fucked by, even if they're just determined thugs with knives.

A drunk, stupid and surprised mage will still make quick work of commons thugs and miscreants, even those with firearms.

An experienced or creative mage, surprised or otherwise, will make those thugs wish they were never born.
>>
>>52076729
afaik they never really made a point to mention genders. I can only remember that in one of the books they mentioned how the vampire community is more "equal" so to speak because of how vampires were embraced from many different societies and cultures, so any vampire trying to apply his standards to some 900 year old female Ventrue will have a very bad time
>>
File: owodnwod.jpg (348KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
owodnwod.jpg
348KB, 800x501px
>>52074766
V20 a shit though.
Best VtM art is in 2E & first ed supplements.
Art direction in Requiem is like "slap a tribal tattoo on this and we good"
>>
>>52076869
I'm not even sure what point that picture is trying to convey. That KotE was racist against chinamen, I guess?
>>
Is it just me, or are Beasts terribly unsuited to teaching lessons? I know that they are picking up the slack left behind by Heroes who have gotten all self-centered and such, but still. Their powers are like sledgehammers for a problem that requires scalpels. Am I necessarily wrong when I say we could use mechanics for teaching lessons? If Beasts are the world's adversity made flesh, why not give some benefits to mortals who persevere in the face of that adversity?

What if there was a personalized, positive Condition that a Beast gives to a person who successfully learns their lesson, like the Nimbus Tilt? We could call that the Elixir Condition, as a reference to the wisdom that the Hero is supposed to bring in Campbell’s Heroic Cycle (but Beasts bring in this case).
>>
>>52076570

>Celebrating an Anarchist's victory over a Communist

Orwell, you're supposed to be dead, quit shitposting.
>>
>>52076912
Trenchcoats n katanas vs Flame shirts n tribal tats
>>
>>52076926
Like a forced Fae Contract?
>>
How do you make a good game where everyone can have fun and it's not hard on newbies?
>>
>>52076982
It wouldn't be forced. I imagine it would occur naturally. For example, if the lesson is something like "people are not objects to be used and then discarded" and you learn that, you get a bonus to Empathy rolls at the bare minimum.
>>
>>52076869
>Over Wok, Under Pay
I'm dying here.
>>
>>52076869
>>52076975

If they would do new WoD now what it would be?

iPhones and Pussyhats?
>>
File: Methusalah.png (1MB, 1161x1523px) Image search: [Google]
Methusalah.png
1MB, 1161x1523px
>>52076869

>Best VtM art is in 2E & first ed supplements.

I will never not love Van Fleet and Bradstreet art.
>>
>>52077138

Ushankas and Berets
>>
>>52077178

kek, why?
>>
>>52076926
Beasts are suited to "teaching lessons" the same way domestic abusers are.
>>
>>52076926

Or just abandon a really shitty game and idea and play an actually good one.
>>
Where is the best place to start with VtM ttrpg, if you're a complete newbie?
>>
>>52077252

With the main rulebook.
This is always the answer.
>>
>>52077252
Vampire 20th Anniversary Core, for the most complete stuff.
>>
>>52076926

The Centamani make Beast in general superfluous. If you want to play a monster, that's what you should be looking at.
>>
>>52077270
>>52077279
How do I make a game interesting? What should I include and avoid? Take into consideration that I mean to pull my friends that have even less experience with ttrpgs than me, every advice is welcome as long as it's helpful.
>>
>>52077252

Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand
>>
>>52077335
kek, way to spoiler shit
but then again if he wants to DM, its not really a problem

>>52077329
How about not helpful advices. Please list all thing's you consider unhelpful because i just burned out all my mind reading energy on my Dog.

But seriously, start by reading main rulebook.
20th Core is a good one.
>>52077279 is right.

Get to know the crunch, roll couple encounters with yourself so you understand how the system works and how you roll the dice. Make couple sample vampires.

You can look up some SAS supplements and sample 'adventures' from newer nWoD, its pretty basic but it gives you nice idea how to organize your stuff neatly.

Avoid complex intrigues and narrations, take it easy at the beginning, even a bit comical. Gonna be less awkward and autistic and you will have more fun with it. After you gauge your players and what you really want from you sessions go into that direction.
>>
>>52077335
This man lies, he is your enemy.

The Guide to the Sabbat is pretty dope if you want a Sabbat game tho. Just make sure to get the GUIDE to the Sabbat, not the player's or storyteller's guide.
>>
File: LogoSectTalMaheRa.png (43KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
LogoSectTalMaheRa.png
43KB, 500x535px
>>52077454

>This man lies, he is your enemy.

Hogwash, this is the most beginner friendly book that was ever released for Vampire: The Masquerade.
>>
>>52077488
And also the book filled with the most bullshit I've ever seen
>>
>>52077062
Beast force lessons. therefore all benefits are forced. No on signs up to be tortured

It would make sense give the target a cost break on skills
>>
>>52077329
Zip off their pants Suck the players' Dick
>>
>>52072574
A spirit of motherhood would be great. It would do everything in its power to keep the child safe.
>>
>>52072574
What have you done that your womb requires mystical protection?
>>
Zak S' WoD?

https://www.patreon.com/DemonCity
>>
>>52078573
>$300 a month
going to be eating a lot of Ramon noodles
>>
>>52078573
> Since I'd rather get started now while the ideas are still fresh and not wait around for the small indie publishers to clear the projects already on their plates to publish it
PFfffhahaha. Talk about the arrogance.

Also
"At 400$ a month, I'll spend at least four full days a month on Demon City, the art and writing will be done by at least March 2018, and I'll have a minimum of one public post a week of Demon City content."
So 100 dollars a day to work on this whatever it is a year from now.

Shame I can't give him negative money, I'd love to tank this.
>>
>>52076559
>>52076588

Surprising the average mage is apparently really fucking difficult.
>>
>>52078753
To be fair, /tg/ can only comprehend confrontations between optimized enemies who operate under perfect strategic rationality in a white room battle.
>>
>>52078753
Last session my group's Acanthus walked blindly into a Vampire pub.
Then completely flubbed her Shifting Sands to get out of there.
The Thyrsus had to bargain away a practical bathtub full of blood to get here out of there.

The session also ended with them running away from this creepy Supernatural guy into a strange portal they had had little idea about.
Only to find themselves in the Hedge, and that he was Gentry.

Never underestimate the stupidity of players.
>>
>>52078800
I don't think those players deserve to be called mages.
>>
>>52078875
Ah, here we are back the No True Scotsman
>>
>>52078791

Mages would be notoriously apex in white-room encounters, for the plain fact of their supreme versatility and ability to improvise.

Surprised or not.
>>
>>52078753
Our Cabal got surprised by a groupf of sleepers in service to a vampire once. We were too busy following a trail using Postcognition to notice the guys following us.
We survived, and got some prisoners out of it, but it got a bit hairy.
>>
>>52078573
He managed to find 71 retards to give him 300$ a month, I'm actually impressed.
>>
>>52078791
To be fair, i was talking about gnosis 5 arcana 5 beings who just stomp just about anything without some kind of withstand flubbing.1-3 Is probably where mage is the most interesting because they have the versatility but not the raw power to brute force it.
>>
>>52078931
For whatever godforsaken reason he has a sizable fanbase.
>>
How long do your game go /tg/? Do you run a campaign until people start maxing out their character sheets or do you tell a single story arc and make people reroll for the next one.
>>
>>52078911
Did your resident Acanthus have Down syndrome? Or did you just not have one, or any mage with Time for that matter?
>>
>>52078900
Mage scaling is a weird thing a mage with 40 xp points to spend is not the same as another splat with 40 xp points.
>>
>>52078975
Probably some fomori group.
>>
>>52079033
Never underestimate PC stupidity. I spent an entire story arc hinting on the big bad spirits bane and they still didn't figure it out until they were getting their asses kicked.
>>
>>52079047
Mages are far more dynamic than the other splats, which are simply linear.

This is by design and intent.
>>
>>52079033
No Acanthus. And have you ever seen how Mages get when they get distracted by a Mystery?
Those Arcane xp make the players just as tunnelvisioned as the characters!
>>
>>52078900
I don't think anyone here is going to argue that mages aren't the kings of white room combat.

Because they absolutely are.
>>
Assuming you spend the reach to do so could you use a live broadcast as a sympathetic link to teleport somewhere?
>>
>>52078573
Wow. My futa porn CGI animator's patreon pulls in way more than that in a month.
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
>>52079204
Listening to a broadcast alone would probably only give you a weak connection to the origin point, but that could work.
>>
>>52078800
>Last session my group's Acanthus walked blindly into a Vampire pub.

Was the moon full and the color of blood?
>>
>>52080015
No, he Shifted the Odds to find a Ghoul, then went on a pub crawl.
Hoping to find the individual Ghoul he needed, by going to his top few pubs, to try and interrogate him for information about his Master, who ditched him.

He found him, but also found an odd half-dozen Carthians, and a bunch of other Ghouls.
All of whom weren't impressed by the Mage's garbage.
Needless to say even after the Thyrsus's de-escalation, they all got lifetime bans, their car's tyres were slashed, and now the Vamps know shit about them... And one of them's a Seers informant.
>>
>>52080268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYKekg61EGw

I know it is more of a rhyming joke than a direct reference to what you said, but it is the first thing my mind jumped to
>>
>>52077138
Manic Panic n Genital mutilation
>>
>>52080268
wow

Those players are retarded, indeed. None of that would have been an issue for a sufficiently observant mage, with an IQ of 80.
>>
>>52080831
Yeah, they're nice to run for. RP better than most of my other groups.

But their planning and use of Magic leaves MUCH to be desired.
>>
What's the best way to deal with a werewolf as a mage?
>>
>>52081115
mindbreak and turn into minion / pet / material
>>
>>52081115
bend over
>>
>>52081115
Turn yourself into a living twister of silver fire.

How can a Pack even handle that?
>>
>>52081115
That's way too open ended. What's the Mage's skill level. What's the circumstance? Raged out warform that's attacking out of the blue or local pack that's huffy that the cabal Thrysus is causing waves in the shadow?

Not everything has to end in violence. Most supernaturals probably understand it's better to trade favors than weapon fire. Mages may be dicks but they make better allies then enemies.
>>
>>52081115
Dismantle the Uratha, first and foremost.

Mages who focus on damaging a lone werewolf are going to get their spleen tossed across the room, usually, according to wise DaveB.
Of course, mages have plenty of ways to subdue werewolves without any chance of escaping such magics. Space (Ban) and Forces (gravity and kinetic energy) comes to mind, along with Spirit to counter their various Gifts.
I don't think a single werewolf is going to out-maneuver a single mage, or even win the encounter, provided the mage isn't a complete and utter idiot. A clever Thyrsus would make a great villain for any Pack.

Think like a D&D wizard, not a D&D sorcerer.
End the threat, don't start throwing magical punches.
>>
I'm running a VtM/WtA game if any of you would be interested in playing/calling me a faggot for running a crossover game

>>52081194
>>
>>52081828
You're only a faggot for not including mages.

Fuck you.
>>
>>52081821
>Mages who focus on damaging a lone werewolf are going to get their spleen tossed across the room, usually, according to wise DaveB.

I mean you can still just blast it with agg damage but yeah, using sympathy to teleport it to the moon or something is probably a better call. Send it back to Luna
>>
Ok, a rookie question for you all. We're playing CoD and I have the defensive fighter merit, or whatever it's called that lets you use weaponry instead of athletics for your defense score. Would my specialty focus of a cane sword be added into that defense score when i'm using that weapon, or does that merit only factor in the weaponry stat and skill focuses don't count for it?
>>
>>52081860
dumb mageposter
>>
>>52081860

No one would get a chance to do anything, though. I'm being generous to the little folk.
>>
File: 1478689079859.jpg (68KB, 737x546px) Image search: [Google]
1478689079859.jpg
68KB, 737x546px
>>52081115
Go back in time and neuter it with a silver knife.

Low T means -5 to brawl attacks.
>>
>>52081997
>herp derp mages are OP
>herp derp can't have niggers in here they steal
>herp derp better not hire women they go on marches
>>
>>52078949
Not him butaroo-
Why do you need 5 arcana and why are you suggesting that's attainable in actual games?

Five dots in one arcana already makes you the coolest kid in school, you don't need to Mary Sue.

You enjoy Versatility then brainstorm how a Prime Mage shuts down a Werewolf.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
If a werewolf was shot with a silver bullet, but a bulletproof vest reduced all the damage to bashing, would they still take Aggravated damage from the bullet being silver?
>>
>>52076926
>Beast
>the game of adversity

Does it celebrate buying a cartload of soda at walmart with food stamps?
>>
>>52077279

Agreed.
>>
>>52076013

Indeed. His work with the 'Prelude' was shit and if this is the preview of what's to come with the 5th Ed of VtM it's horrid.
>>
Are mages actually the strongest things playable or is this just meme talk?
>>
>>52082632
>>
>>52075546

You are correct that he has been a huge part of the development team and writing team, however, he is not the only one. There will be more developers to come and more writers. I think OPP will be just fine and hopefully WW gets their heads out of their asses prior to chasing off all developers and writers.
>>
>>52070170

Completely disagree. The fact is, Beast mechanics actually work well and it is a good game.
>>
>>52082718

SHUNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>52081965
It would factor while you are using the cane sword and use the weapon skill otherwise.
>>
>>52082170
I'd rule that unless the shot pierces or shreds the armor it would be treated like a normal gunshot. It wouldn't work if they shift forms or a targeted shot hits somewhere other than the armor of course.
>>
Is it time for new bread?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.