[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer when the party stays in touch, or go their separate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0743.gif (2MB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.gif
2MB, 500x737px
Do you prefer when the party stays in touch, or go their separate ways after an adventure?
>>
>>52058788
I never finished a campaign except for a plot-relevant TPK, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>52058788
Normally, i like it when they stay close friends, but not necessarily stay together. I've concluded two campaigns in my life and in one, the party split up and it was really sweet. One became a king, another, who was essentially a marry poppins character, just disappeared one night. One died during the final battle, and the last one, an immortal, took a boat to "The new world" where he could continue his adventures.

The other campaign ended with the party "meeting up and celebrating with all the friends they made along the way" and it felt cheap and badly done, mainly because the party had zero fucking chemistry and really, left a lot of issues unresolved between them at the end of the campaign. I think having them all go their own ways would have been a far more fitting way to finish my campaign.
>>
Depends on the party's relationship with each other.

On a highly lethal campaign, our characters never spent too much time together since they were always dying, so no good friendships could be formed.
>>
File: 1484808558559.png (60KB, 254x209px) Image search: [Google]
1484808558559.png
60KB, 254x209px
Have any of you actually finished a campaign?

What was it like?

The only campaign I've ever ended was one that went from level 1 to level 15 and ended on a bad note, with the players having failed in their mission.
>>
>>52058788
>stays in touch

as in post-coital gangbang?
>>
>>52060475
Twice. The first was an ascension to godhood. The second was handled in the weekly "gazette" which the GM made. This way he could use the last campaign session as just the climactic battle.
>>
>>52058788
Whatever provides the best closure for the story. Usually a parting of ways is a bittersweet, heartfelt ending. Staying together entices further story, but can be settled as "They live in peace for the rest of their lives, and that's that". If they show up later it's when they're old as fuck and basically serve as bastions of advice and nurturing rather than heroes. Think the end of most Redwall books. I prefer the former over the latter personally but I recognize both.
>>
>>52060475
I wish
>>
>>52060475
I have, it was nice. They all went back to living in their caveman village after beating the giant aggregate zombie. One of them probably got married to an NPC.

I mean, we'll be picking back up with the same characters this summer, but I'm still counting this.
>>
>>52058788
First campaign we had a party member RP their coward healing character and ran away while we all died.

So then I DM'd a campaign and 3 of the 5 people flaked off and never came back.

Did it again and a single player didn't like how the campaign was going and just destroyed it for everyone.

Now I'm doing it again with a new group that seems to be doing good thus far and my fingers are crossed.

I always like those stories of how DM's introduce old characters or plotlines or something from previous campaigns but I don't know this feeling yet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.