[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen this idea toyed with on /tg/, but never too many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Jabu_Jabus_Belly _Map.jpg (655KB, 2928x2028px) Image search: [Google]
Jabu_Jabus_Belly _Map.jpg
655KB, 2928x2028px
I've seen this idea toyed with on /tg/, but never too many ideas. How would you make a dungeon inside of a larger creature (such as pic related?) What creatures are best suited to be dungeons? (Dragons, Alien creatures, Fish?) What sorts of motivations would heroes have for traversing such an environment? What sort of encounters would they face?
>>
>>52056328
OP here, other questions considerations come to mind: In the Zelda example, for instance, Link had to enter due to a rescue, but is it a willful choice of the players, or are they victims of a beast? And scale, How large in relation to the players is said beast?
>>
File: riftworm2.jpg (680KB, 1186x658px) Image search: [Google]
riftworm2.jpg
680KB, 1186x658px
>>52056655
Magical beasts mean magical intestinal size, easiest way to "handwave" it all. elsewise just do some math.

>what's the tallest/shortest character?
>How roomy/cramped will the dungeon be?
>What are the risks/dangers/rewards of being here?

Oddly enough; Gears of War 2(or was it 3?) pulled off the organ dungeon fairly well with a monstrous tunnelling worm.
>>
>>52056328

I want to run a 'Giant Whale eats the party' type dungeon too but I got nothing real substantial to add. As far as creatures, I'd say you got any other swallowed inhabitants, natural parasites/symbiotes, maaaybe undead or golems? Motivation would be to retrieve something before its digested or to escape, but as far as traps or shit, I got no idea
>>
>>52059152
Traps are usually more natural in this kind of dungeon.

Organ pitfalls, digestive acid pools (rising and so forth), crushing teeth/muscles.

Unless you're dipping into magical creatures the ideas are a bit limited in scope, unfortunately.
>>
>>52059202
"Trap doors" exist in the form of reflexive muscles for swallowing/breathing.
>>
I have been dabbling with the idea and one way to is to make the environment a living creature, but artificially grown and modified. A giant living spaceship. One of those 'games I wish ro run but never will' is the players as a team of astronaughts exploring the inside of a massive alien living ship that 'beaches' itself in Earth's lagrange points. The players go inside and can start using the alien tech and flesh-weapons as they try to find out the ship's purpose and why the original crew are dead.
>>
>>52060771
same posting, but the idea also adds a nice facet to designing the dungeons. YOu dont need to make up reasons for their to be rooms. Whole body cavities on the ship were grown to be rooms, while all of its vital organs can do vital-organ things away from its crew.
>>
>>52059152
Traps could include the Whale's immune system: I'm talking Mucous membranes instead of Clamps to immobilize, Replacing the molds from the dungeon hazards with " antibodies" or other defenses, and of course Acid puddles and Parasites.
>>
So for Jabu Jabu...
Green is... Lungs?
I don't get what the pink rooms are.
>>
>>52062352
I don't think Nintendo had to concern themselves with making an accurate anatomy, so they didn't really have a desigbated "lung" region. the whole stage was more like just a large, multi-chambered Stomach.
>>
Okay, So, Here's an idea.
The party must enter a dragon (Either to save the dragon because she's plot relevant or swallowed an artifact), And instead of focusing on exploration (Because, no matter how alien, the digestive tract will still be pretty simple), give her about two to five stomach chambers, and focus primarily on Combat, be it previous meals, or the parasites that are hurting her. That way, The map doesn't have to be large, but it can still be an interesting adventure.
>>
>>52062976
>>52064053

This. Specifically, When dealing with fantasy creatures, it's easy to multi-chamber their stomach(s), or just give new, more open organs. Besides, organic dungeons is something I've rarely seen done, outside of Ocarina of time, Bowers inside story, and Gears of War.
>>
>>52059152
Although you may want to shuck the system, Pathfinder has a monster called a Ketesthius (born of taking liberties with a Greecian sea monster) that is a giant wolf-headed sea-serpent literally built around having an extradimensional stomach big enough to house small cities inside of.

http://dailybestiary.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/ketesthius.html
>>
>>52060771
>>52060801

Isn't this how Lexx worked? (90s sci-fi show) an awesome idea that can work well if done right.
>>
>>52066349
I barely remember anything of lexx. I only ever saw a few eps of it on space when I was a kid. But possibly more monstrous on the outside and less hospitable to humans on the inside.

This is one of those campaign ideas that revolves around a good well thought out setting. Anyone down for brainstorming a living generation ship-sized vessel?
>>
I'd want to do some scenario where the party was shrunk down to microscopic size and use microbes for the enemies. Maybe a wizard who built a mobile base in a fly or something.
>>
>>52067689
Hrm... a microbe campaign could be cool. One of my DMs actually made us do something like that, a shrink potion gone wrong. We had to spend a day or two trekking across the lab in order to get to the antedote on a countertop.
>>
I imagine this would totally be viable in a 40K space hulk game, where a group of terminators are sent into a Tyranid hivehip to perhaps inject some sort of genetic virus into its reproductive organs or something. I wonder why no one has done that
>>
Wait guys, we're overlooking the obvious.
A dragon, ally to the party or kingdom protector or whatever, has gotten sick, with no viable medicine. It seems her magic isn't working because (Plot reasons, magic parasite?). She calls the party to her cave, and asks them to enter her belly and get rid of the problem.
Bonus, if the party gets stuck or something, or needs help, she could roll over to prevent one of them from being killed, or offer tutorial-like advice.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.