[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/ how do you like to do tabletop adventures themed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Josey Wales.jpg (157KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Josey Wales.jpg
157KB, 1280x960px
So /tg/ how do you like to do tabletop adventures themed after westerns?
>>
File: 1459379955938.jpg (161KB, 478x689px) Image search: [Google]
1459379955938.jpg
161KB, 478x689px
Does running adventures that were basically medieval reskins of Seven Samurai and Yojimbo count, if I instead said they were medieval reskins of The Magnificent Seven and A Fistful of Dollars?
>>
>>52054014
But that's still medieval themed instead of western themed. OP wants western themed.
So instead run The Knights of the Round Table, or Beowulf, but with gunslingers and robber barons and trains and sheeit.
>>
>>52053929
Weird West. Bring on the folklore. My buddy runs these all the time. We've fought wendigos, vampires, weregators, shape shifting native americans, steampunk super soldiers, and brainwashed Mormon cults.

Right now we're playing one set in Louisiana, and I've got a redneck swamp dweller Van Hellsing. He's seen some shit in them woods, and everyone thinks he's just had a little too much moonshine. But he knows.
>>
>>52054074
I guess "themed after westerns" was taken a bit too broadly.

>The Knights of the Round Table, or Beowulf, but with gunslingers and robber barons and trains and sheeit.

Bonus points if no one realizes until the end.
>>
>>52054219
Are you kidding? I remember the face of my father. Do you?
>>
Ages ago I wanted to try and develop a conflict resolution system for rpgs that revolved around drawing a hand from a deck of playing cards and using them like a hidden dice pool, but I never got far in to the design since I figured no one would want to playtest it with me. I had westerns and random 1-shot type stuff in mind for it.
>>
File: sixth-gun.jpg (251KB, 1200x758px) Image search: [Google]
sixth-gun.jpg
251KB, 1200x758px
>>52054139
This man understands
>>
What I'd like to do at least once is go maximum sci-fi with it. Fight giant mechanoids and gunmen alike in a highly-advanced frontier. Have modern convenience match the sensibilities of the Wild West. Tell whatever story you want, but go completely bonkers about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qjn5wriT7I
>>
File: WildStar.png (1MB, 1136x795px) Image search: [Google]
WildStar.png
1MB, 1136x795px
You can also go fantasy sci-fi (erring towards sci-fi) with a distinctly western sensibility at times.
>>
We did a completely straight western game, no fantasy or sci fi or whatever, and it was really fun. DM could set a great scene though so that helped.

Also a playlist of appropriate music.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.