[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /tg/ i need some help. im looking for a new role play system.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: medieval-peasants[1].jpg (62KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
medieval-peasants[1].jpg
62KB, 400x221px
hello /tg/ i need some help.
im looking for a new role play system.
ive tried gurps, d&d3.5, pathfinder, d&d5 and ashes of valkana.
what im looking for:
-low fantasy or even no magic
-the characters arent OP or even not exceptionally strong.
-its hard to make ends meet.
-getting into fights is very dangerous, and is far from being the first instinct.

i know a lot of people are looking to become demigods and command the universe, but by any chance is there a system to play filthy peasants in?
>>
>>52047061
I'd also like to know.
>>
im looking to run a campaign with the focus not on an epic quest, but on harsh survival and transition from basically street urchins to powerful people in society.
>>
>>52047080
there are dozens of us! dozens!
>>
I had thought of a few possible systems but they all give players more narrative power than i think you are looking for... have you considered running with one of the systems you know as an E6 campaign or with restricted point buy, wealth or no caster classes?
>>
>>52047061
I'd have a look at Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition or Basic Roleplaying by chaosium.
>>
>>52047539
>>52047578
i havent tried those yet, ill be sure to give a go! thanks!

warhammer worries me a bit lore wise.
>>
Hi, me-from-the-past.

I know your feeling. And I have learned so much since then.

I have learned that players get disengaged. That even if they are complete masochists, they start to drift away from the game with certain failure.
And I've run games where people fight, die and starve if not careful using my own homebrew of Systems such as Microlite20, World of Darkness and Call of Cthulhu Rome where players had to make 3 characters pre-first session.

Okay, dropping the arrogant pseudo-talk: my point is that I've been there and I've ran that.
And it's fun until it's not.

The Systems I described above are okay-ish depending on your mojo.
But RPGs are the art of storytelling in a group and stories have Lows and Highs and sometimes too realistic will fuck it up.

That's kinda why I moved towards more rules light Systems with more narrative bent.
*Shrug*

I wish you the best of luck and that you may find the perfect group
>>
>>52047061
http://kingdomdeath.com/ check it out
>>
>>52047061
>>52048952
Seconding Warhammer, sounds like it could be just what you're looking for.

Also if you don't like the lore just don't give a fuck about the lore. Except for magic which you're not too interested in anyway WH works well as a system with pretty much any low fantasy setting
>>
>>52049376
in pathfinder we played a campaign where commanding a small group of mercs played a large part. i rather liked that part.

i understand it can bore players, it a real concern for me. ill have to created a very good narrative.

>>52049409
wrote it down.

>>52049461
will look into it as soon as i finish reading the E6 rules.
>>
>>52049547
The thing I advise is that you can give it the feel you want but when it comes to players, they should face adversety but not to a break point.

You can fudge or for example, play E6 where players get to play with only Humans but keep the classes open.
Allow them to be special enough but the world itself is crapsack. Level 1 wizard would be something really, really amazing and extremely, extremely rare.

Consider the following: by level 3, they should be "big" enough for rumours to spread from not-Spain to not-Germany.
At level 6, they're saints and jesuses.

The gist of it is: the Mood and Feel are yours and the players should feel the role tightening. But never to the point of choking creativity.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.